As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Well we made it! We are in our new location in Post Falls, Idaho. I ran out of time to get a final newsletter out at the Ventura Station. So, we have plenty of playlists for the last shows from the studio there. It also took us a bit longer to get the internet up here in Idaho. But we are back online and will have an entire set of new shows for next week's newsletter.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to order a Rock-it Radio Show is April 27th. As much of the studio will be dismantled at the Ventura California Station on April 29th. And will resume Sales of past Rock-it Radio shows on a projected date of June 10th, 2013. In our new studio in Post Falls, Idaho.
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY CELEBRATES THE CLASS OF 1963 IN THIS MUSICAL CLASS REUNION IN SHOW #4561
It's Rock-it Radio's annual Memory Lane Show 50 Year Reunion Program, as we look back to the music and events that were experienced by the Class of 1963. This program is one of Rock-it Radio's most popular shows annually, and this year's edition is the best one yet. Join host Lane Quigley for nearly 4 hours of memories of a more innocent time, during which you'll enjoy more than 60 records, you'll hear from over 40 artists talking about their music, and you'll re-live dozens of TV themes and commercial jingles. Graduates of the Class of 1963 -- come celebrate your 50 Year Reunion with Rock-it Radio!!
HOUR ONE 1. Killer Joe - The Rocky Fellers 2. You Can't Sit Down - The Dovells 3. Pride & Joy - Marvin Gaye 4. Pipeline - The Chantays 5. Surfin' USA - The Beach Boys 6. If You Wanna Be Happy - Jimmy Soul 7. I Will Follow Him - Little Peggy March 8. Detroit City - Bobby Bare 9. A Love She Can Count On - The Miracles 10. Just One Look - Doris Troy 11. Sting Ray - The Routers 12. Birdland - Chubby Checker 13. I Got What I Wanted - Brook Benton 14. Foolish Little Girl - The Shirelles 15. Out Of My Mind - Johnny Tillotson 16. El Watusi - Ray Barreto 17. Here I Stand - The Rip Choreds 18. On Broadway - The Drifters 19. Eighteen Yellow Roses - Bobby Darin 20. Needles and Pins - Jackie DeShannon 21. So Much In Love - The Tymes 22. Our Day Will Come - Ruby & The Romantics
HOUR TWO 23. He's Got The Power - The Exciters 24. Not Me - The Orlons 25. Watermelon Man - Mongo Santamaria 26. Da Doo Ron Ron - The Crystals 27. Don't Say Nothinâ€™ Bad - The Cookies 28. Can't Get Used To Losing You - Andy Williams 29. Hot Pastrami - The Dartells 30. Shut Down - The Beach Boys 31. Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport - Rolf Harris 32. No One - Ray Charles 33. Still - Bill Anderson 34. Fingertips - Stevie Wonder 35. Graduation Day - Bobby Pickett 36. Surf City - Jan & Dean 37. Young Lovers - Paul & Paula 38. The Bounce - The Olympics 39. Surf Rider - The Lively Ones 40. In Dreams - Roy Orbison 41. Forever - The Marvelettes 42. Till Then - The Classics
HOUR THREE 43. Memphis - Lonnie Mack 44. One Fine Day - The Chiffons 45. Sukiyaki - Kyu Sakamoto 46. It's My Party - Lesley Gore 47. Baby Workout - Jackie Wilson 48. Memory Lane - The Hippies 49. Little Latin Lupe Lu - The Righteous Brothers 50. Two Faces Have I - Lou Christie 51. Do The Bird - DeeDee Sharp 52. Your Old Standby - Mary Wells 53. Charms - Bobby Vee 54. Patty Baby - Freddy Cannon 55. Come and Get These Memories - Martha & The Vandellas 56. This Little Girl - Dion 57. Young and In Love - Dick & DeeDee 58. Our Winter Love - Bill Purcell 59. Rainbow - Gene Chandler 60. When a Boy Falls In Love - Mel Carter 61. Lovers - The Blendtones 62. Say Wonderful Things - Patti Page 63. Goodnight My Love - The Fleetwoods
A truly great memory from 1963 Lane! And these shows are always popular to collect - If you would like to order a copy go to our order page for Rock-it Radio shows at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html And also next week we will be doing the 1973 tribute with Lane Quigley as well. If you have any requests, comments or would like to just like to say hello to Lane you can at: email@example.com
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4562
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 2 - NEW YORK STATE PART 1"
This show is part 2 of my series "Regional Round-Up" where I feature in every show a "State" of America, with the record labels from out of that State, the artists who recorded on them and the towns and cities where they were recorded. The State of New York is a big project especially with so many record labels out of New York City itself, but I will be returning to this State in a future show, so for now enjoy this first trip to New York State with tracks covering the 1950's and 1960's from as always right across the board.
01. Intro - Medley 02. The Shawnee (instrumental) - Bobby Geno (59) Another First (Rochester) 03. We're Gonna Rock - Tommy Dishaw (58) D & C (Massena) 04. More Than Words Can Tell - Don Stewart & The Fendermen (59) DAB (Buffalo) 05. Tick Tock - Ritchie Cordell (62) Rori (NYC) 06. Goodbye - The Jaye Brothers (62) Strand (NYC) 07. Fascinating Boogie - The Staffords (55) Decca (NYC) 08. Ko-Ko-Mo Girl - Jimmy Pemberton (58) Orchid (Bronx) 09. Darling Arlene - Frankie Dee ((61) Tee Jay (Baldwin) 10. Honey Baby - Dave Cortez (58) Okeh (NYC) 11. Only Two Me And You - Skip Goodspeed (60) Pleason (Cohoes) 12. Where's My Baby - Ethan Giant (59) Mark (Utica) 13. Baby Take Me Back - Roger "Roc" LaRue & The Three Pals (57) Rama (NYC) 14. Piddle Diddle - Buzz Clifford (58) Bow (NYC) 15. Mighty John Glenn - Peter Colombo (62) Orchid (Bronx) 16. Sugga Dugga - The Bonnie Sisters (56) Rainbow (NYC) 17. Daddy Daddy - Joy Palmer (59) Fine (Rochester) 18. Come On Home All's Forgiven - Janice Harper (58) Prep (NYC) 19. No Part Time Love - Beverly Buff (63) Bethlehem (NYC) 20. The Shrine Of The Echoes - Bebo Singleton + Jeff & The Notes (59) Stentor (Utica) 21. Is Really The End - The Joytones (56) Rama (NYC) 22. Each Passing Day - Jimmy Singleton & The Royal Satins (59) Devere (Albany) 23. Burning Bridges - Jack Scott (60) Top Rank (NYC) 24. At The Hop - Danny & The Juniors (57) ABC-Paramount (NYC) 25. Don't Waste Your Time - Ricky Shaw (63) President (NYC) 26. Yum-mee Yum-mee Sweet Tooth - The Four Counts (58) Josie (NYC) 27. Please Don't Tell Me Now - Dean & Jean (64) Rust (NYC) 28. Record Hop Dream - Lonnie Mae + Gene & The Satelites (60) Fine (Rochester) 29. Fort Lauderdale USA (instrumental) - Freddie & The Fabu;ous Furies (62) Joker (Rochester) 30. Falling From Paradise - Bobby Brown (62) Curio (Brooklyn) 31. Go Girl Go - Jett Powers (PJ Proby) + Vince Parlo & The Ranch Hands (58) Design (Brooklyn) 32. Outro - Spinning Rock Boogie (instrumental) - Hank C. Burnette (76) Sonet
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4563
Dave is back this week with another great set of rarities you just don't hear on terrestrial radio anymore. And rarely when it was new! See if any of these songs might jar a happy memory or two!
1. Follow the Leader - Sweet Potatoes 2. I See The Light - Five Americans 3. White Lightning - George Jones 4. Endless Sleep - Hondells 5. Pushin Too Hard - Seeds 6. Do Your Best - Untouchables 7. Stormy Weather - Four Casts 8. Why Can't A Boy And Girl Just Stay In Love - Noreen Corcoran 9. Be Bop A Lula - Junior Shank & Jesters 10. Hanky Panky - Tommy James & Shondells 11. Mama Keep Yo Big Mouth Shut - Jim Doval & Gauchos 12. Little Girl - Syndicate of Sound 13. Bala Bala - Rainbows 14. I Call Your Name - Beatles 15. You Keep Me Hangin On - Joe Simon 16. Look To Your Soul - Johnny Rivers 17. Never Reached Your Heart - Henchmen 18. My Baby's Back Again - Charlie McCoy & Escorts (Discovery of the Week) 19. The Cancer Stick Pt.1 - The Americans of '71
If you would like to welcome Dave or say hello or a future request on his show you can reach him at his Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH WITH PT. 1 OF A TRIBUTE TO R&B LEGEND LEE ALLEN ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4564
This show is Part One of a Two Part series examining the contribution of saxophone great Lee Allen to the sound of Rock and Roll. He was a sideman for most of his career but his work with all the greats including Fats Domino, Little Richard, Smiley Lewis. Many samples of his work are played in order to show the important contribution he made to a whole multitude of hit tunes from the 1950s. Lee Allen did step out in front on his own at times and these occasions are demonstrated as well especially the album that he recorded in 1958, 'Walkin' With Mr. Lee', on the Ember record label. The entire album will be played over the course of the two shows. The play list is as follows:
1. Lucille-Little Richard 1956 2. I'm In Love Again-Fats Domino 1955 3. Yama Yama Pretty Mama-Richard Berry 1956 4. Let The Good Times Roll-Shirley and Lee 1956 5. Little Liza Jane - Huey Piano Smith 1956 6. Every time I Hear That Mellow Saxophone-Roy Montrell 1956 7. Poor Me-Fats Domino 1955 8. Slippin' and Slidin' -Little Richard 1956 9. The Big Beat-Fats Domino 1958 10. Long Tall Sally-Little Richard 1956 11. Rockin' At Cosmos-Lee Allen 1956 12. Take It Easy, Greasy-Bobby Charles 1956 13. I Aint Gonna Do It No More-Bobby Charles 1957 14. Walkin' With Mr. Lee- Lee Allen 1958 15. Chuggin'-Lee Allen 1958 16. Short Circuit-Lee Allen 1958 17. Aint Got No Home-Clarence 'Frogman' Henry 1956 18. Miss Ann-Little Richard 1956 19. The Girl Can't Help It - Little Richard 1956 20. Teen Dream-Lee Allen 1958 21. Ivy League-Lee Allen 1958 22. I Love To Rock and Roll-Eddie Bo 1958 23. Bee Hive-Lee Allen 1958 24. Hot Rod Special-Lee Allen 1958
Another great series of a R&B great Al! and we look forward to hearing them. If you have any requests or comments for The Cool Daddy up there in Studio C. You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4565
This week on Rock-it Radio Mel Ventures and the Back in time show looks at The Beat Generation from 1948 to 1962. Here is the playlist of this show.
AN OVERVIEW OF "THE BEAT GENERATION" (1948 TO 1962) The "Beat" mean "The Sympathetic Generation"
1) Introduction - HOW TO SPEAK HIP (LP) DEL CLOSE AND JOHN BRENT (1961) 2) COFFEE TIME - CARMEN McRAE (1960) 3) BUT, BABY! - STEVE ALLEN (1955) 4) JIMMY'S THEME - JOHNNY MANDEL featuring BUD SHANK AND CHET BAKER (1957) ----------------------------------------------- 5) Vocabulary Building - HOW TO SPEAK HIP 6) HOW TO SELL....STEREO - JOE SUBWAY (1960) 7) THE BEAT GENERATION - BOB McFADDEN and Dor (1959) aka Rod McKuen 8) TAKE FIVE - DAVE BRUBECK (1960) (45 Edited Version) ------------------------------------------------ 9) Cool - HOW TO SPEAK HIP 10) THREE LITTLE PIGS (For Hip Kids) - AL "JAZZBO" COLLINS (1953) 11) KING PORTER STOMP - THE FIVE BROTHERS (mid-50's) 12) THE SQUIMP - THE CHICO HAMILTON QUINTET (1956) 13) A HISTORY OF JAZZ - SHORTY PETTERSTEIN (1958) ------------------------------------------------ 14) Basic Hip - Dig - HOW TO SPEAK HIP 15) HEY BA BA RE BOP - LIONEL HAMPTON (Jan. 1946) 16) MANTECA - DIZZY GILLESPIE (1947) 17) CONSTELLATION - CHARLIE PARKER (1948) ------------------------------------------------ 18) THEME FROM "THE WILD ONE" - SHORTY ROGERS & Orch. ('53/'54) 19) Field Trip - HOW TO SPEAK HIP 20) TEENAGE BEATNIK - LOUIS NYE (1959) 21) Completing the Course - HOW TO SPEAK HIP 22) OCTOBER IN THE RAILHOUSE EARTH - JACK KEROUAC (1959) Talks about 1953 and mentions the next song. 23) MAMA, HE TREATS YOUR DAUGHTER MEAN - RUTH BROWN (1953)
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE TO FATS DOMINO Pt. 1 ON SHOW #4566
Fats Domino Pt. 2 (1953-55)
The "Juke In The Back" is proud to feature Fats Domino, one of the most influential and popular recording stars of both Rhythm & Blues and Rock n' Roll music. Fats' streak of hit records was nearly unbroken from 1950-1963 and he did it without changing his core sound. He just kept on playin' the New Orleans boogie woogie music that he grew up with. Antoine "Fats" Domino Jr. got his first recording contract in early December of 1949 as bandleader Dave Bartholomew introduced him to Lew Chudd, the head of LA's Imperial Records. Within days, they were in Cosimo Matassa's famous J&M studios cutting Fats' first record, "The Fat Man," which sold over one million copies and made him a star. In part two of this two part series, Matt The Cat will spin the A and B sides of EVERY Fats Domino R&B charting single from mid-1953 thru his enormous crossover success in 1955 with "Ain't It A Shame." That record not only spent 11 weeks on top of the R&B charts, but it also crossed over and hit #10 on the Pop charts. Pat Boone would take his cover version to #1, thus giving Fats Domino even more Pop exposure. This show will also feature some great non-charting records and fabulous instrumentals from this time period as well. So c'mon and dig the R&B roots of Fats Domino, this week on the "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Rose Mary - Fats Domino - Imperial 1953 3. You Said You Love Me - Fats Domino - Imperial 1953 4. Something's Wrong - Fats Domino - Imperial 1953 5. Don't Leave Me This Way - Fats Domino - Imperial 1953 6. You Done Me Wrong - Fats Domino - Imperial 1954 7. Little School Girl - Fats Domino - Imperial 1954 8. Thinking Of You - Fats Domino - Imperial 1954 9. I Know - Fats Domino - Imperial 1954 10. Don't You Know - Fats Domino - Imperial 1955 11. Helping Hand (A Long Way From Home) - Fats Domino - Imperial 1955 12. Ain't It A Shame - Fats Domino - Imperial 1955 13. GREAT 78 - Where Did You Stay - Fats Domino - Imperial 1954 14. La-La - Fats Domino - Imperial 1955 15. You Can Pack Your Suitcase - Fats Domino - Imperial 1954 16. Swanee River Hop - Fats Domino - Imperial 1956 17. Domino Stomp (Twistin' The Stomp) - Fats Domino - Imperial 1956 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another commendable tribute to another great Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4567 THIS SHOW - TEXAS ROCKABILLIES.
From his studios in Branson, Missouri USA - Mike Taylor is back this week with another exciting set of excellent Rockabilly music.
"Texas Rockabillies" Rockabilly may have been born in Memphis but it didn't take long for Texas to get on board once Elvis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash and others began touring through the Lone Star state. Everything's bigger in Texas and for awhile in the mid-50's it seemed like every other rockabilly artist came from there...many great ones like those on this program, with their hometowns noted...
1. C'mon Baby - Buddy Knox (Happy, TX) w/The Rhythm Orchids 1958 2. My Baby's Gone - Jimmy Bowen (Dumas, TX) 1958 3. Hello Baby - Helen Hall (Navarro County, TX) 1956 4. Burn That Candle - Charlene Arthur (Henrietta, TX) 1955 5. Rock It - George (Thumper) Jones (Saratoga, TX) 1956 6. When My Baby Left Me - Sid King (Denton, TX) & The Five Strings 1957 7. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Huelyn Duvall (Huckaby, TX) Live 8. Mean Old Greyhound Bus - Frankie Miller (Victoria, TX) 1958 9. It Ain't My Baby - Rudy Grayzell (Saspamco, TX) 1954 10. Jump And Run - Ronnie Dawson (Waxahachie, TX) 1966 11. That's All Right - Bob Luman (Nacogdoches, TX) Unissued 12. Action Packed - Johnny Dollar (Kilgore, TX) Unissued 13. One Woman Man - Johnny Horton (Tyler, TX) Live 14. Modern Don Juan - Buddy Holly (Lubbock, TX) 1956 15. Think It Over - Bobby Fuller (Goose Creek, TX) Live 16. Just A Little Bit - Sherry Davis (Dallas, TX) Live 17. Honey Honey - Dottie Jones (Dallas, TX) Live 18. Deep Elem Rock - Groovey Joe Poovey (Dallas, TX) Live 19. Rhythm & Booze - Corky Jones (Buck Owens) (Sherman, TX) 1956 20. Little Rock Rock - Rock Rogers (Leon Payne) (Alba, TX) 1956 21. Lost John - Hank Thompson (Waco, TX) 1961 22. Three Bears - Leon McAuliffe (Houston, TX) 1961 23. Tennessee Toddy - Billy Gray (Paris, TX) 1956 24. Jenny Lee - Moon Mullican (Corrigan, TX) 1958
Any requests, or comments or hello's you would like to share with our Veteran Rock-it Radio DJ - Mike Taylor you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4568
The Rockin' Daddy O's Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party is back this week with more doo wop of the 50s and early 60s + More! With the high energy delivery that only Daddy O can bring! Here is the playlist of this week's show.
1. Lucky Guy-Mellows 2. Dance Girl Dance-Norman Fox & RobRoys 3. Chuck-A-Luck-Chuck-A-Lucks 4. Jitterbug Mary-Del Vikings 5. Cat Hop-Dodgers 6. The Cat's Meow-Romans 7. I Need Your Kisses-Spaniels 8. What Did She Say-Solitaires 9. Lover Please-Clyde McPhatter 10. Rock & Roll Holiday-Tabs 11. Jim Dandy-Lavern Baker 12. Cha Cha Baby-New Yorkers Five 13. Hey Juanita-Five Stars 14. Dolores-Bachelors 15. Dance With Me-El Capris 16. What Do You Do-Channels 17. Woe Is Me-Cadillacs 18. Stars In The Sky-Channels 19. No Chance-Cadillacs 20. Duke Of Earl-The Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler) 21. Crazy For You-Heartbeats 22. Little Dream Girl-Cashmeres 23. Let Me Help You-Wil-Sones 24. Loveable Lily-Lillian Leach & Mellows features the most Atomic of Doo Wopp, A slow set for Lovers only, some Mamboistic Mayham and a Battle of The Earls.
Thank you Daddy O for another great set of Doo Wops in the Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party show. Next week we will be airing his Rockabilly show. In the mean time if you would like to write to Daddy O you can by e mailing him at: Daddyo@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4569
From across the mighty North Atlantic and his studios in the United Kingdom -- Jackie Bond spins some of the rockinest retro 50s Rockabilly and Rock and Roll in this show. Tune in in our program webpage to find out! Here is what you will hear!
1. Beverly Hills Boogie - Bobby Fats Mizzell 2. Drum Boogie - Thorston and Gene 3. Would Ja - Glen Glenn 4. Drowning All My Sorrows - Gene Bo Davis 5. Big Boy Rock - Slim Dortch 6. Little Jump Joint - Harold McKinnon and The Rimshots 7. Rock Out Of This World - Joe Norris 8. Matchbox - Jerry Lee Lewis 9. Pianimal - Jason D. Williams 10. Goosebumps - Mac Curtis 11. Why Don't You - Charlie Feathers 12. Barrell House Bessie - Merrill E. Moore 13. Baboon Boogie - Jimmy Murphy 14. Run Diddley Daddy - Crazy Cavan and The Rhythm Rockers 15. Crackin Up - Bo Diddley 16. Luther Played The Boogie - Johnny Cash 17. I Got News For You - Bobby Lee 18. Give Me Your Lovin' - Mark Kelf 19. Boppin' In A Sack - The Lane Bros 20. Hard Knocks - Steve Aynsley and Darrel Higham 21. Johnny Can't Dance - The Toreadors Trio 22. Cullneppar Joane - The Deputies 23. Dig That Boogie - Jason D. Williams 24. Crazy Mama - Benny Cliff 25. Don't Stop Now -Jeff Potter and The Rhythm Agents 26. Black Magic - Jericho Jones 27. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Another true Rocker Jackie! If you would like to write to Jackie with requests, comments, hellos, good awesome job etc. you can reach him at: Jackiebond@rockitradio.net
============================================== ROCKABILLY RHYTHM SHOW WITH TED LOUKES WITH MORE CLASSIC ROCKABILLY IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4570
From his studios in South Africa - Ted Loukes is back this week with another rockin' set of Rockabilly from it's first decade! An hour of barnstorming rockin' tunes from the 50s and early 60s, some well known, others a bit more obscure - kicking off with a short tribute to George "Thumper" Jones including 2 hard to find 78 recordings.
01 How Come It - George Jones & His Thumpers 1956 02 Heartbreak Hotel - Hank Smith (George Jones) 1956 03 Blue Suede Shoes - Hank Smith (George Jones) 1956 04 Rock It - George Jones & His Thumpers 1956 05 Pink Thunderbird - Gene Vincent 1957 06 Too Much Monkey Business - Chuck Berry 1956 07 Rock Around With Ollie Vee - Buddy Holly 1957 08 Jungle Rock - Hank Mizell 1958 09 Hepcat Boogie - Fletcher Hanna 1956? 10 Country Boy - The Rel Yea's 1960 11 Rock And Roll Fever - Jr. Warren 1959 12 Everybody's Got a Baby but Me - Warren Miller 1958 13 Hey Baby - Bill Lawrence 1958 14 Rockhouse - Roy Orbison 1956 15 Flat Feet - Sammy Masters 1956 16 Dancing Doll - Art Adams 1960 17 Rockin' Little Eskimo - Bobby Swanson And His Sonics 1959 18 Baby Baby - Curtis Johnson With The Windjammers 1957 19 Jump Baby Jump - Harry Carter 1956 20 Playmates - Derrell Felts 1958 21 Rock Everybody - Leon & Carlos ? 22 Mean Mean Woman - Ray Lynn 1961 23 Bop With Me Baby - Johnny Tate ? 24 The Martian Boogie - Frankie & Margie 1958? 25 Pink Pedal Pushers - Carl Perkins 1958 26 Crawdad Song - Chuck Harrod & The Anteaters 1960 27 Bottle To the Baby - Charlie Feathers 1956 28 Rhythm Rock Bobby & Rhythm Rockers 1963 29 How About Me, Pretty Baby Jimmy Johnson 1956 30 I Hear Thunder Paul Ballenger 1960 31 Boppin' Guitar Ray Melton 1960 32 Wild Wild Lover Benny Joy 1957 33 You Arouse My Curiosity Dennis Herrold 1958
Thank you Ted for another great rockin' set of Rockabilly from it's Golden Year and the rarities thrown in. If you have any requests or comments or would just like to say Hello to Ted you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4571
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4571.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== TONY WARNER AND THE TIMELESS TRACKS SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4572
ony Warner & Timeless Tracks blends a mix of R&B, Doo-Wop, Rockabilly and Teen Pop from the late 50's and early 60s as you would've heard it on the radio back then.
From the Hits to the Forgotten to the Unknown, Tony plays it all in every show. Here's the playlist for this edition of Timeless Tracks with Tony Warner:
1. Birdland - Chubby Checker 2. You're Looking Good - Dee Clark 3. What Am I Gonna Do? - Jimmy Clanton 4. Have I Sinned? - Donnie Elbert 5. Chattanooga Shoe Shine Boy - Freddy Cannon 6. Hot Rod Lincoln - Charlie Ryan 7. You baby You - Cleftones 8. Love Hurts - Everly Bros. 9. The Fish - Bobby Rydell 10. Love Love, Stick Stov - Charms 11. Remember - Roomates 12. A Love So Fine - Chiffons 13. No Time For You - Commands 14. Enamorado - Keith Colley 15. Dance Girl - Charts 16. Hear My Heartbeat - Robtert & Johnny 17. X Y Z - Sensations 18. Mr. Tenor Man - Lou Christie 19. Mama (Can I Go Out Tonite) - Joanne Campbell 20. Cry Cry Cry - Johnny Cash 21. Rainbow Valley - Jerry Butler 22. Gee I'm Sorry Baby - Sapphires 23. Shopping For Clothes - Coasters 24. True Lovers - Johnny York 25. Oh My Angel - Bertha Tillman
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4573
Mike Bollea's Jukebox Party is just that -- A party of great oldies coming thru your speakers on your computer and it is definetly worth a listen. It's a mix of R&B, and 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll.
We don't have a playlist for this show but it does come in 2 parts. If you have any questions or would like to send a hello to Mike you can write him at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4574
Another set of doo wop with Cool Bobby B and the Doo Wop Stop and two hours of great doo wop online. Just click to show #4574 in our program webpage and it awaits you. Unfortunately we don't have a playlist for this show but if you have any requests, comments or hellos you can reach Cool Bobby B at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4575 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Life is But a Dream-The Classics (1959) 3. Big Brown Eyes-The Mystics (late 1950s) 4. Tonight (Could Be the Night)-The Velvets (1961) 5. Lana-The Velvets (1961) 6. A Night With Daddy "G" - Part 1 (instrumental)- The Church Street Five (1961) 7. Quarter to Three-Gary "U.S." Bonds (1961) 8. Ting A Ling-Aaron Neville (with Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, Eugene Pitt of The Jive Five, & others (2013) 9. Jeannie-The Thrashers (1957) 10. Lorraine-The Five Boroughs (2000)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. The Tiger's Wide Awake-The Romeos (1962) 12. Told You Not to Marry-Titus Turner (1962)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Runaround-The Regents (1961) 14. Wedding Bells-Tiny Tim & The Hits (1956) 15. Zing Went the Strings of My Heart-The Firebirds (from the U.K.) (2007) 16. If You See Mary Lee-The Rainbows (1956 or '55)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Everyday of the Week-The Students (1958) 18. That's How I Feel-The Students (1958) 19. Dream Girl-Robert & Johnny (xxxx) 20. Buzz-Buzz A-Diddle-It-Freddy Cannon (1961)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. Darling You-The Five Boroughs (2000) 22. My Baby Dearest Darling-The Monograms (1958) 23. For Sentimental Reasons-The Devotions (1961) 24. I'm So Young-The Students (1958) 25. If Teardrops Were Kisses-The Robins (1955) 26. Angel Angela-The Classics (1961)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amatuer doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: email@example.com
============================================== GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
ROCK-IT RADIO IDAHO - A WORK IN PROGRESS
We finally arrived in Idaho on June 6th. But for almost another two weeks we were without internet access. Or had begun to unpack our equipment. Our geographic location is we sit in a small valley surrounded by hills. There is no cable service and we were attempting to contact Dish Satellite Network for internet and TV here. It took nearly a week for a technician to come out to tell us that the line of site to the satellite dish was blocked and would have to sit about 300 yards from the house. Due to the position of their satellite. We were told of a local provider that offers point to point microwave communications that could provide internet. Through a microwave hookup on our property. We contacted them and was able to get a signal up to there mountain top site. But it took another week to get a technician to hook it up. And for TV we were able to link up with Directv whose satellite sets a little more to the west so we could beam in there.
Our studio is still a work in progress. We have finally had internet access to fill orders just a couple of days ago. Dozens of boxes are lining our basement here and I know the archived shows are in there somewhere. Within a couple of days we plan on sorting out and building up the studio once again.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from May 16, 2013 to June 18, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Russell Cinque Jr. - Glendale, California USA Elvis Thierry -- Enghein-Les-Bains, France Terry Beckelheimer -- Virginia Beach, Virginia USA Obie -- Australia Clarke Cunningham -- Molino, Florida USA DeWitt Shank -- Lewisburg, West Virginia USA Ed Wilson -- Franklinton, North Carolina USA Larry Jeannette -- Orangevale, California USA Bucky Murphy -- Annapolis, Maryland USA Matt Knowles -- ?? Ted Bulson -- Las Vegas, Nevada USA Clive Tyrrell -- London, United Kingdom Jack Nelson -- Greenwood, Arkansas USA Dee Neide -- Spring Hill, Florida USA
We have added 14 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,767 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 6/18/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 2. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 3. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 4. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 5. RIR #270 -- Buddy Holly Tribute over BBC from 1965 6. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor Ontario 7/12/1967 7. RIR #105 -- Bill Balance KFWB Los Angeles 8/18/1959 8. RIR #114 -- Alan Freed WABC New York 11/5/1959 9. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 10. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. France +1 5. Germany -1 6. Australia +1 7. Philippines +3 8. Italy -2 9. Netherlands -2 10. Brazil +1 11. Mexico -2 12. Japan +1 13. Spain +3 14. Sweden +1 15. Russia +3 16. Switzerland +1 17. India +13 18. Belgium +3 19. Finland +0 20. Argentina -7 21. Morocco +13 22. Poland +2 23. Hungary +16 24. Greece -2 25. Saudi Arabia -3 26. South Africa +12 27. Romania +16 28. New Zealand -2 29. Serbia -1 30. China -5 31. Peru +2 32. Austria +19 33. Czech Republic -8 34. Chile +10 35. Ireland -16 36. Portugal +6 37. United Arab Emirates +9 38. Denmark -2 39. Colombia -8 40. Israel -12 41. Ukraine +7 42. Bulgaria +10 43. Thailand -13 44. Indonesia -33 45. Kuwait +10 46. Turkey -5 47. Hong Kong +2 48. Norway -11 49. Slovenia -6 50. Lithuania +0
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +2 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. Florida -2 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +0 7. New Jersey +1 8. Illinois -1 9. Massachusetts +5 10. Ohio +0 11. Maryland -2 12. Indiana +1 13. Virginia -1 14. Missouri +4 15. Arizona +6 16. Michigan -2 17. Alabama +14 18. Tennessee +1 19. North Carolina -5 20. Georgia -5 21. Kansas +6 22. Wisconsin +1 23. Oregon -7 24. Connecticut -2 25. Iowa +4 26. Minnesota +4 27. South Carolina +1 28. West Virginia -2 29. Louisiana -4 30. Delaware +2 31. Kentucky -6 32. Colorado -8 33. New Hampshire +7 34. Oklahoma +1 35. Nevada -4 36. Arkansas +1 37. Mississippi +1 38. Nebraska +5 39. District of Columbia -5 40. Rhode Island +1 41. Utah +1 42. New Mexico -7 43. Maine +1 44. Idaho +1 45. Montana +3 46. Wyoming -1 47. Vermont +3 48. South Dakota +3 49. Hawaii -4 50. Alaska -4 51. North Dakota -3
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!