|Hi Rock-it Radio Listeners & Launching Pad supporters,|
Time for another newsletter with our latest news
and playlists of our latest shows on Rock-it Radio.
All the shows listed here is now in our program webpage
at Rock-it Radio, ready to be heard. Featured this
week is shows #5281 to show #5295. Also in this newsletter
we have expanded our Top 10 sellers of vintage Radio shows
to Top 20.
So, Let's get started with some playlists!
and click to the speaker on the left to hear the show.
Remember if you are new to Internet Radio and having trouble tuning in though --
Check out our webpage to help you out at:
REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To
be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time.
For complete information check out our program
ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio
quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we
can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like
to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are
broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker
at our program page at:
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a
show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as
|WE COULD USE YOUR SUPPORT|
Rock-it Radio is 100% Publicly supported. But when you
donate to the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad - we give you
a vintage broadcast of your choice.
100% of all sales from the Rock-it Radio Store (Launching
Pad) goes back to pay copyright fees, LLC taxes, Internet
and bandwidth costs of Rock-it Radio. Without your support
we would not exist. So. please consider a purchase at:
NOTE: ALL SHOWS BELOW CAN BE FOUND IN OUR PROGRAM WEBPAGE - TO TUNE IN CLICK TO SPEAKER OF THE SHOW YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO. EITHER MP3 OR REAL PLAYER. BOTH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED.
PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW
With Spring in the air, the Oldies Show has put together a
potpourri of some of Papa Walt's favorite Oldies from the 60s
and the 70s. Check out this playlist of what you will hear when
you click to hear show #5281!
1. Sugar Shack - Jimmy Gilmer & the Fireballs (1963)
2. The One Who Really Loves You - Mary Wells (1962)
3. Look Through Any Window - The Hollies (1965)
4. Moody River - Pat Boone (1961)
5. I Put a Spell On You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins (1956)
6. Poetry In Motion - Johnny Tillotson (1960)
7. My True Story - The Jive Five (1961)
8. Key Largo - Bertie Higgins (1981)
9. Killer Joe - The Rocky Fellers (1963)
10. Friday On My Mind - The Easybeats (1966)
11. His Latest Flame - Elvis Presley (1961)
12. Just a Little - The Beau Brummels (1965)
13. My Maria - B.W. Stevenson (1973)
14. The Letter - The Arbors (1969)
15. No Milk Today - Herman's Hermits (1967)
16. Magnet and Steel - Walter Egan (1978)
17. I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty (1989)
18. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys (1966)
19. With a Girl Like You - The Troggs (1966)
20. Down in the Boondocks - Billy Joe Royal (1965)
21. My Best Friend's Girl - The Cars (1978)
22. I Feel Free - Cream (1966)
23. Popsicles and Icicles - The Murmaids (1964)
24. Mother and Child Reunion - Paul Simon (1972)
25. Heart Full of Soul - The Yardbirds (1965)
AL COOL DADDY SMITH AND PART IV TRIBUTE TO
BOBBY ROBINSON ON SHOW #5282
This is the concluding show on my look at Record Label
Owner/ Record Producer/Song Writer and visionary Bobby Robinson.
A variety of artists and genres recorded on his labels
will be played and a case made for his inclusion into
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. My thanks to Lane Quigley
for his assistance with the Gladys Knight and The Pips
tunes played on this show and others throughout the four
The play list is as follows:
1. Letter Full of Tears-Gladys Knight and The Pips 1961
2. Hoodlum Joe-Lee Dorsey 1963
3. Cheating Baby-Wilbert Harrison 1959
4. I'm Worried-Elmore James 1960
5. Come On and Love Me Baby-The Du-Droppers 1953
6. Runaround Baby-The Kodaks 1958
7. Good To The Bone-Willis Gator Jackson 1959
8. Why?-Johnny Acey 1959
9. Every Beat of My Heart-Gladys Knight and The Pips 1961
10. What Shall I Do-Gladys Knight and The Pips 1964
11. My Kinda Woman-Allen Bunn 1953
12. Wild Cat Tamer-Tarheel Slim 1958
13. Number Nine Train-Tarheel Slim 1958
14. Anything For You-Tarheel Slim and Little Ann 1959
15. Soul Twist-King Curtis and The Noble Knights 1962
16. All Night Long-The Du-Mauriers 1957
17. Fine Fine Frame-The Continentals 1956
18. Mojo Hand-Lightning Hopkins 1960
19. Your Heart Must Be made of Stone-Junior Lewis 1955
20. Lost Everything-Junior Lewis 1955
21. You Don't Have To Go-Sam Meyers 1960
22. Little School Girl-Wilbert Harrison 1960
23. Since I Fell For You-Wilbert Harrison 1960
MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Originals and Remakes...a look at some rockabilly classics
versus later versions, many from the Rockabilly Hall of Fame
1. Rock 'N Roll Saddles - Johnny Edwards & The White Caps 1957 (Northland)
2. Rock Pretty Mama - Billy Adams w/The R&R Boys 1957 (Quincy)
3. Rock 'N Roll Saddles - Kenny King 1998 (RHOF)
4. Rock Pretty Mama - Billy Adams (Remake) 1999 (RHOF)
5. Time Will Time - Art Buchanan 1963 (Flame)
6. Only Time Will Tell - The Railmen 2000 (RHOF)
7. The Rockin' Lady - Penny Candy 1959 (Flippin')
8. The Rockin' Lady - Brigitte Handley 1999 (RHOF)
9. Woman Love - Jimmy Johnson Demo for Gene Vincent 1956 (Capitol)
10. Woman Love - Narvel Felts & Jerry Mercer 1956 (Radio Broadcast)
11. Long Gone Daddy - Howie Stang w/Jim Flaherty's Caravan 1958 (Jenn)
12. Long Gone Daddy - Tony Maserati 1999 (RHOF)
13. Hip Shakin' Baby - Roy Brown 1958 (Imperial)
14. Hip Shakin' Baby - The Convertibles 1999 (RHOF)
15. Can't You Hear Me Calling Babe - The Johnny Otis Show 1958 (Radio Broadcast)
16. Don't You Hear Me Calling Babe - Billy Poore (Ronnie Haig) 1962 (ABC-Paramount)
17. So Long, I'm Gone - Warren Smith 1957 (Sun)
18. So Long, I'm Gone - Jerry Lee Lewis 1957 (Sun)
19. So Long, I'm Gone - Wayne Keeling 1999 (RHOF)
20. Don't You Just Know It - Huey"Piano" Smith & The Clowns 1958 (Specialty)
21. Don't You Just Know It - The Fendermen 1960 (Soma)
22. I Need Your Love Tonight - Elvis Presley 1958 (RCA)
23. I Need Your Love Tonight - The DiMaggio Bros (RHOF)
24. Oh Boy - Sonny West 1957 (Live)
25. Oh Boy - Pep Torres 2001 (RHOF)
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO #5284 - MORE FORGOTTEN TOP 40S.
Remember listening to Top 40 Radio during the Golden Age of the
45 rpm, when your favorite DJ would spin a variety of great
music from all different genres? Youngsters growing up today
don't have that privilege today's radio stations don't broadcast,
they narrowcast. But on The Memory Lane Show, you'll be reminded
of how much fun it is to be able to dig a whole variety of music
in one program. Come join Lane Quigley for a smorgasbord of
songs, along with some informative sound bites, a chance to try
and guess the Mystery Artist and the usual mirth and merriment -
no if's, no and's, no but's and no maybe's..
1. Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby? - Buster Brown 1960
2. Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & The Comets 1956
3. (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - The Cleftones 1961
4. Don't Let Go - Roy Hamilton 1958
5. No If's, No And's - Lloyd Prince 1960
6. No But's, No Maybe's - Professor Longhair 1957
7. This Sportin' Life - Ian Whitcomb 1965
8. I Ain't Drunk - Jimmy Liggins 1954
9. The Old Crowd - Lesley Gore 1963
10. Why Did You Have To Go? - The Dells 1957
11. I Put a Spell On You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins 1956
12. Younger Girl - The Hondells 1966
13. I Can't Stop Loving You - Don Gibson 1958
14. Jack The Ripper - Link Wray & The Wraymen 1963
15. She Felt Too Good - Jimmy McCracklin 1953
16. Let It Rock - Chuck Berry 1960
17. MYSTERY ARTIST (Can you identify the artist?)
18. Ting a Ling - The Clovers 1952
19. To Make a Big Man Cry - Roy Head 1966
20. Oo-Koo-Ka-Boo - The Tip Tops 1963
21. Open Up Your Heart - The Lanes 1956
22. Tell Me Baby - Garnett Mimms 1964
23. Darling - Lenny Welch 1960
24. You Gave Me Somebody To Love - The Dreamlovers 1966
25. You Can Depend On Me - The Miracles 1960
JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5285
Jackie is back this week from the UK with more Rockers
of the 50s and today you will not be disappointed when you tune
into his rockin' show! Here is the playlist of what you
1. Every Little Thing - Carlene Carter
2. Tell Me How - Buddy Holly
3. Eternal Love - Oscar McLollie and His Honey Jumpers
4. Fall In Love With Me - Joe Mongomery
5. Cracker Jack - Kathy Zee
6. Beep Beep - The Playmates
7. That Old Time Rock and Roll - Art Neville
8. Until The Real Thing Comes Along - The Hearts
9. Gee What a Guy - Yvonne Carroll and The Roulettes
10. Tick Tock - Marvin and Johnny
11. Real Gone Mama - The Moonglows
12. Linda Lu - Ray Sharpe
13. Vacation Days Are Over - The Argyles
14. Just For Your Love - The Falcons
15. Steady Girl - Billy and The Essentials
16. Movin Too Slow - Leigh Howell and The Uniques
17. Diggy Liggy Lo - Rusty and Doug Kershaw
18. The Itch - Carl Cherry and The Flips
19. Crocodile Hop - Dale Thomas
20. Hangin On To My Baby - Tracey Dey
21. Wear Your Black Dress - Willie Egan
22. Pack Fair And Square - Nine Below Zero
23. Red Hot - Bob Luman
24. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW PENNSYLVANIA ROCKERS PT. 2 ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5286
"REGIONAL ROUND UP Pt 38 - PENNSYLVANIA Pt 2"
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for another in his series "Regional Round Up",
the show that features a particular State of America, with some of the record
labels from out of that State, the towns and cities where those labels
were situated, and the artists who recorded on them.
This show takes another look at the State of Pennsylvania with,
Rock and Roll, Rockabilly plus a smattering of Doo Wop, Instrumentals,
and the regular feature, The Smooch Spot, from the 1950's and 1960's.
01. Intro - Medley
02. Not I - Don Woody (58) Arco - Wilkes-Barre
03. Bare Footed Baby - Little Johnny Poole (62) Wide - Chester
04. Don't Hang Up - The Orlons (62) Cameo-Parkway - Philadelphia
05. Crazy Man Crazy - Bill Haley & His Comets (53) Essex - Philadelphia
06. Little Chickie - Jimmy Kelly & The Rock-A-Beats (58) Astra - Pittsburgh
07. Walkie Talkie - Jackie Clarke (59) XYZ - Philadelphia
08. The Hillbilly Hop - Colin Prevette + Curley Gibson's Sunshine Playboys (57) Leo - Allentown
09. Rockin' In The Nursery - Sally Starr (59) Clymax - Chester
10. Just Lookin' - Charlie Gracie (57)Cameo - Philadelphia
11. Betty Betty Betty - The Cole Brothers (?) Mill-Mont - Philadelphia
12. Chee Chee Wah Wah Woo - Joey Biscoe (56) Fee-Bee - South Greensburg
13. My Bird Dog - Denver Bill Clarke & His Ranch Hands (62) Process - Franklin
14. This Friendly World - Fabian (59) Chancellor - Philadelphia
15. Please Believe Me - Jimmy Wert & The Four Squirts (59) Skyline - Chambersburg
16. How Can I Find True Love - The Del-Vikings (56) Fee-Bee - South Greensburg
17. Need You - Donnie Elbert (58) Guyden - Philadelphia
18. Silhouettes - The Rays (57) Cameo - Philadelphia
19. Rock The Joint - Jimmy Preston & His Prestonians (49) Gotham - Philadelphia
20. Mama Get Your Hammer - The Bobby Peterson Quintet (61) V-Tone - Philadelphia
21. Daddy Rock And Roll - Billy Duke (55) Teen - Philadelphia
22. Baby Just You Wait - The Spirals (62) Pentagon - Fayette City
23. Rock All Night With Me - Dick Tacker (64) Kingston - Reading
24. Ramrod (instrumental) - Duane eddy (58) Jame - Philadelphia
25. Sixteen Cats - Joey Michaels (58) Arcade - Philadelphia
26. Jumpin' Like A Kangaroo - Garee (60) Hi Mar - Lancaster
27. Thunder Lightnin' - Steve Shuma (61) REF - Indiana
28. I'm Thu - Carolyn Carter (65) Jamie - Philadelphia
29. Sweet Lou - Wayne & Ray (61) 20th Century - Philadelphia
30. Pop Pop Pop Pie - The Sherrys (63) Guyden - Philadelphia
31. I Say Babe - The Four Dates (58) Chancellor - Philadelphia
32. Outro - Medley
PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete is a veteran DJ here at Rock-it Radio and a loyal
provider of shows for us here.
His dedication and knowledge of 50s and early 60s Doo Wop
shines as he spins those tunes of yesteryear. Including The
Silly song segment and the rare But scratchy 45 segment.
Here is this week's playlist of what you will hear.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982)
2. I Want You to be my Girl-Frankie Lymon & TheTeenagers (1956)
3. I Wanna be your Girl-The Manhattan Transfer (1989)
4. Delsinia-The Dynamics (1963)
5. Come on Home-The Bel-Aires (circa 1959)
6. My Friends-The Bel-Aires (circa 1959)
7. House of Love-The Bel-Aires (circa 1959)
8. That Little Girl Was Mine-The Embers (circa 1959)
9. Remember Then-The Earls (1962)
10. Old Man River-The Earls (1965)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Burgers From Heaven-Daryl Rhoades & group (circa 1982)
12. I Hate Your Guts-J. D. & The Sha-La-Las (1982)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Mah Mah (Chicken Pot Pie)-The Legends (1963)
14. Goodnight Baby-The Imaginations (1961)
15. Goodnight Baby (1996 version)-The Imaginations (1996 version)
16. Guardian Angel-The Imaginations (1961)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Streets of the Bronx-Cool Change (1993)
18. My Heart is Sad (live in concert)-The Channels (1993)
19. Too Young-Lewis Lymon & The Teenchords (xxxx)
20. Oop Shoop-Shirley Gunter & The Queens (1955)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. My Saddest Hour-The Five Keys (1953)
22. Darling Dear-The Counts (1955)
23. Thinking of You-The Jaguars (1959)
24. Cherry Pie-Marvin & Johnny (late 1950s)
25. Heavenly Father-The Chessmen (mid 1960s)
26. That's My Desire-The Chessmen (mid 1960s)
DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5288 - DOUBLE PLAY!
The relics and rarities show with your host Dave the Rave.
Flashes back and digs out of his vinyl vault of 1000s of
LP's and 45s some of the rarest and coolest 60s Rock and Roll,
to be had. Here is this shows playlist.
1. Surfin Wild - Jim Waller and the Deltas
2. Land Of 1000 Dances - Wilson Pickett
3. I Need Help - Bobby Day
4. What Makes Love - Blossoms
5. The Lovin' Touch - Mark Dinning
6. Your Line Was Busy - Big Bob
7. Bits And Pieces - Dave Clark Five
8. Brand New Baby - Los Bravos
9. B-A-B-Y - Carla Thomas
10. One Of These Days - The Lords
11. Shakin' All Over - Guess Who?
12. Turn Some More Lights On - Curtis Byrd and the Jo-Rag Singers
13. Dream On - Herman's Hermits
14. Our World - Johnny Tillotson
15. First Love - Sugar Beats
16. Back In My Arms - Tangerine Roof
17. Back In My Arms Again - Supremes
18. So Glad - Joe Anderson
19. Save It For Me - Four Seasons
20. I'm In Love With You - Golden Crusaders (Discovery of Week)
21. I've Never Seen Love Like This - Orpheus
22. Skippin' - Harold Smith
1. Hot Saki - Eddie Atwood
2. Cupid - Sam Cooke
3. Love Is Everywhere - O'Jays
4. Don't Let It Get You Girl - Debbie Rollins
5. Look Over Your Shoulder - Implements
6. PS I Love You - Beatles
7. I Stand Rejected - Bob Brady and the Con Chords
8. My Girl Has Gone - Miracles
9. It's Only Love - Tommy James and the Shondells
10. I Got A Guy - Kathy Lynn and the Playboys
11. Step Out Of Your Mind - American Breed
12. Don't Take Your Love Away - Wind
13. Hungry - Paul Revere and the Raiders
14. Drop By My Place - Little Carl Carlton
15. He'll Come Back - Sylvia Shemwell
16. Big Tears - Knights Of The Roundtable
17. 96 Tears - Question Mark & The Mysterians
18. Don't Lose Your Mind - Galaxies IV
19. Birds Can't Row Boats - Johnny Winter (Discovery of Week)
20. Searching For My Love - Bobby Moore and the Rhythm Aces
THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5289
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and
expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos,
California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost
his studios to produce his shows.
But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio.
In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been
shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features
Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock
Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl
from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of
these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the
next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5290
Cool Bobby B is back this week with 2 hours of the
best Doo Wop around. Here is the playlist of his show
in 2 separate parts.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley & Lee
2. Nobody loves me like you do -- Flamingos
3. I only want you -- The Passions
4. Penny Arcade -- Bobby Lester & Moonglows
5. Two people in the world -- The Imperials
6. Yesterday once more -- The Belmonts
7. Without Love -- Kid Kyle
8. Here am I (broken hearted) -- 4 J's
9. Be my girl -- Four Evers
10. I love you -- The Volumes
11. Chapel of Tears -- Lonny & Carolions
12. I'm so young -- The Students
13. Heartaches -- The Marcels
14. Rainy day bells -- The Globetrotters
15. Lavender Blue -- Sammy Turner
16. Who do you love -- Philly Cuzz
17. Little Star -- Dion & Belmonts
18. Tonight Tonight -- Dion & Del Satins
19. Drinkin Wine Spo Dee O Dee -- Larry Dale
20. Bells of Rosa Rita -- The Admirations
21. Cruise to the moon -- The Chaperones
22. Story Untold -- The Nutmegs
23. This is my love -- The Passions
24. Hushabye -- The Mystics
25. I need your love -- Bobby Woods & Emeralds
26. Lover her so -- The Corvairs
27. Who put the bomp -- Barry Mann
1. Sincerely -- The Moonglows
2. Night Owl -- Tony Allen
3. Your way -- The Heartbeats
4. Without a friend -- The Strangers
5. Darling Lorraine -- The Knockouts
6. Ginny -- The Duprees
7. Lorraine -- Bonnevilles
8. Please give me a chance -- Bobby Starr
9. Teen Angel -- Dion & Belmonts
10. For Sentimental reasons -- The Cleftones
11. Just a memoire -- The Paragons
12. Oh baby don't -- The Heartbeats
13. Time was -- The Flamingos
14. Last night I dreamed -- The Fiestas
15. Stop that wedding -- Gold Bugs
16. The only one I love -- The Miracles
17. That was the time -- 5 Discs
18. I'm ready to go steady -- Little Eddie & Excellents
19. Wait til my Bobby gets home -- Darlene Love
20. Don't be a fool -- The Explorers
21. My prayer -- The Platters
22. Goodbye to love -- The Chantels
23. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
CLARKE JAMES (CJ THE DJ) ROCKIN' N' ROLLIN'
RECORD REVIEW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5291
Want a great mix of 50s Rock and Roll to listen to?
Then CJ & The Rockin' n Rollin' Record Review show
is the show to tune into on. Now in our program
page just begging for you to tune in!
Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Intro. Stack-A-Records (Partial) - Tom Tall
2. Shake Baby Shake - Johnny O'Keefe
3. Cotton Pickin' Heartache - Sonny Freeze
4. Fine Little Girl - The Arcades
5. My Girlfriend - The Cadillacs
6. Lonely Girl Blue - Gigi Parker
7. The Last Leaf - The Cascades
8. Story Untold - The Nutmegs
9. In Paradise - The Cookies
10. Such Lovin' - The Dubs
11. Oh! What A Baby - The Tonettes
12. The Joint's Really Jumpin' - Jimmy Evans
13. The 309 - The Rockin' Continentals
14. Uncle Sam's Man - The Elgins
15. Please Uncle Sam (Send Back My Man) - The Charmels
16. Happy Vacation - Jackie Lee
17. Wild Weekend - The Offbeats
18. Whispering Bells - The Del Vikings
19. Up On The Mountain - The Magnificents
20. Baby Take Me Back - Roc LaRue With The Three Pals
21. Country Boy - The Rel-Yea's
22. You're Mine - The Vibrations
23. My Heart's Desire - The Wheels
24. Bye Bye Baby - Sugar & The Spices
25. The Gypsy Cried - Lou Christy
26. Love Is A Game - Freddy Dame With Bobby's Trailers
27. A Kiss Is A Kiss - The Rockin' Chairs
28. Right Or Wrong - The Crickets
29. Luscious Lovin' Lucy - The Sprouts
30. Sleep Walk - Sammy And The Del-Lards
31. Swanee River Gal - Tommy Hudson And The Savoys
MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH
JUKEBOX 1955 ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5292
1955: Jukebox Rhythm Review, Pt. 2
The ol' Rockola Jukebox is back in the spotlight as we present
part 2 of a 2 part feature on the biggest R&B jukebox records of 1955.
It was a year of many firsts. 1955 was the first full year of Rhythm & Blues records consistently crossing over into the Pop Chart.
Matt The Cat will point out just how popular some of these records were in the Pop Market. 1955 was also the debut year for Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and Etta James. Fats Domino had 6 charting singles this year, 3 of which topped the R&B chart.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons â€" Mercury 1947
2. Every Day - Count Basie & His Orch â€" Clef 1955
3. A Fool For You - Ray Charles & His Band â€" Atlantic 1955
4. Only You (And You Alone) - The Platters â€" Mercury 1955
5. Maybellene - Chuck Berry & His Combo â€" Chess 1955
6. It's Love Baby (24 Hours A Day) - The Midnighters â€" Federal 1955
7. Why Don't You Write Me? - The Jacks â€" RPM 1955
8. At My Front Door - The El Dorados â€" Vee-Jay 1955
9. I Hear You Knocking - Smiley Lewis Imperial 1955
10. Nip Sip - The Clovers â€" Atlantic 1955 â€" Charted Sept 24, hit #10
11. All By Myself - Fats Domino â€" Imperial 1955
12. Play It Fair - Lavern Baker â€" Atlantic 1955
13. GREAT 78* Story Untold - The Nutmegs â€" Herald 1955
14. Hands Off - Jay McShann's Orch. â€" Vee-Jay 1955
15. When You Dance - The Turbans â€" Herald 1955
16. Adorable - The Drifters â€" Atlantic 1955
17. Poor Me - Fats Domino â€" Imperial 1955
18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins â€" Bluebird 1946
JAMES RILEY AND THE ROCKABILLY AND BLUES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5293 DOUBLE PLAY!
From Tennessee, USA the birthplace of Rockabilly music
James Riley does his first show for us here at Rock-it
This show is 100% full of artists performing at this year's
Nashville Boogie May 1st-3rd.
Jason Galaz from Nashville Boogie joins us later in the
program as well.
1. "I've Got A Man"- Nikki Hill
2. "Love Debut"- Big Sandy & His Fly Rite Boys
3. "Long Blond Hair"- Johnny Powers
4. "We Wanna Boogie"- Sonny Burgess
5. "Gonna Make It Alone"- The BellFuries
6. "Big Big Hole"- Chris Casello Trio
7. "Get So Excited"- Danny B. Harvey
8. "Tore Up"- The Paladins
9. "Doin' Time For Being Young"- Jason Intveld
10. "Come On Camille"- Hillbilly Casino
11. "Too Much"- Rosie Flores
12. "Love Is Strange"- Maddox, Brothers & Rose
13. "Hop, Skip & Jump"- The Collins Kids
14. "Nashville Boogie"- Woody Pines
15. "Oklahoma Hills"- Pearls Mahone
16. "Long Gone Daddy"- Planet Rockers
17. "Home Wrecker"- Rhythm Shakers
18. "Save Me"- Molly Sue Gonzalez & The Mean, Mean Men
1. "Rock & Roll Girl"- Hillbilly Moon Explosion
2. "Mother Of Lies"- JD McPherson
3. "Hot Rod Lincoln"- Johnny Bond
4. "Too Fast To Live"- Robert Gordon
5. "Even The Graveyard's Dead"- The Caezars
6. "Love Me"- Buddy Holly
7. "Ooh My Head"- Ritchie Valens
8. "Raunchy"- Bill Justis
9. "Ramrod"- Bruce Johnston
10. "Stories We Could Tell"- The Mavericks
11. "Oakie Boogie"- Levi Dexter & The Gretsch Brothers
12. "53"- Brian Baker
13. "Mystery Train Kept A Rollin'"- Stray Cats
14. "Frankfort Special"- Elvis Presley
15. "Go Cat Wild"- The Rockats
16. "Psycho"- Nick Curran
17. "Got The Water Boiling"- Billy Lee Riley
18. "Desperate"- Moonshine Reunion
JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5294
From the land of windmills, dykes, canals, cheese, tulips, cows
and wooden shoes here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show
by Jack van Oers. Music in this show comes from Norway, the Netherlands,
the USA, Belgium, the UK and Canada. This show includes 5 songs on
request of Simon Lewis from the UK. So, turn up the volume and
enjoy the show!
1. Charlie Brown - The Coasters - 1959
2. Cross my heart - Crazy Cavan & the Rhythm Rockers - 1975
3. Red sweater - Dave Rich - 1957
4. I ain't sharin' Sharon - Buddy Knox - 1959
5. Spinning rock boogie - Burt Blanca - 1980
6. I'm in love with you - Guido D'Amico - 1959
7. You can't get rid of me - The Barker Brothers - 1960
8. Good golly miss Molly - Joe Walker & the Skulls - 1968
9. Modern romance - Restless - 1983
10. Memories never grow old - Dickey Lee - 1957
11. Tore apart - The Teen Cats - 1986
12. I ain't gonna be your low down dog no more - Vince Everett - 1962
13. I ain't gonna be your lowdown dog no more - Mike Lorentz & the Rockin' Devils - 1993
14. Race with the devil - Johnny David - 1959
15. Old fashioned girl - Danny Wild & the Wildcats - 1978
16. In the middle of nowhere - Jerry Jaye - 1967
17. Baby I love you - Del Reeves - 1958
18. The prettiest girl in town - Hicksville Bombers - 1999
19. Thinkin' about you - Bob Denton & Eddie Cochran - 1958
20. Bad bad day - Bob Luman - 1960
21. Tabou - The Jokers - 1964
22. Loempia - Freedom Riders - 1963
23. Slop well - Gus Derse & the Kili Jacks - 1962
24. Hurricane - Conrad & the Hurricanes - 1963
25. Shanghied - Johnny & the Rollers - 1978
KEN STRANGE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5295
Join DJ Ken Strange as he delves into the country archives
to bring you another Country Record Round Up Show with country
music from right across the board from the 50's to the 00's,
including the regular feature, Duos & Duets.
01. Intro - Medley
02. Honky Tonkin' - Jimmy Swan (65) JB
03. The Kansas City Song - Buck Owens & His Buckeroos (70) Capitol
04. Mr Ting-A-Ling Steel Guitar Man - Slim Whitman (76) United Artists
05. Daddy Frank The Guitar Man - Merle Haggard (71) Capitol
06. Honky Tonk Blues - Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris (99) Elektra
07. A Good Thing - Bill Wilbourn & Kathy Morrison (70) United Artists
08. Keeping up With The Joneses - Faron Young & Margie Singleton (64) Mercury
09. Are You Mine - Buddy DeVal & Myra Lorrie (54) Abbott
10. Half Your Heart - Bonnie Guitar (57) Dot
11. Two Step Too - Albert Lee & Hogans Heroes (08) Heroic
12. What She's Got Is Mine - Hank Penny & His California Cowhands (51) RCA-Victor
13. Let Me be Your Friend - Buzz Burnam & His Band (56) Viv
14. Set Up Another Drink - Carl Phillips (59) K-Ark
15. Blue Kentucky Girl - Louise Morrisey (12) CMR
16. Catch Me if You Can - Hugo Duncan (05) Prism Patinum
17. The Door Is Always Open - Ray Lynam & The Hillbillies (75) Release
18. Daddy's Hands - Susan McCann (10) Rosette
19. Raisin' The Dickens (instrumental) - Buddy Emmons & The Country Boys (56) Columbia
20. May The Bird Of paradise fly Up Your Nose - Little Jimmy Dickens (65) Columbia
21. Mi Vida Loca - Pam Tillis (94) Arista-Nashville
22. He Called Me Baby - Patsy Cline (63) Decca
23. Right Or Wrong - Wanda Jackson (60) Capitol
24. Got You On My Mind - Delbert McClinton (90) Curb
25. Nothing's Changed Here - Dwight Yoakam (91) Reprise
26. We Run - Sugarland (08) Mercury-Nashville
27. Outro - Medley
All the Rock-it Radio shows are available on CD
Each show is only $9.50 each and you can order
in bulk and shipping will never be more then $2.00.
Ask for a secure paypal invoice -- information is at:
100'S OF VINTAGE ROCK AND ROLL VIDEOS ON FILE IN
OUR VIDEO SITE AT ROCK-IT RADIO:
CHECK IT OUT AT:
COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A
LIKE FROM YOU!
The Rock-it Radio Facebook Site.
HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more --
We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it
Radio. You can find it at:
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2015
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows
for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc.
Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the
1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on
our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation
we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio
show like we offer in our Online store.
MARCH END OF THE MONTH DRAWING OF WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by
purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the
either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
Or by going and ordering Rock-it Radio shows at:
The MARCH 2015 Winners this month are:
Joseph Tangel -- Shoreham, New York USA
Herbert Carlisle -- Amory, Mississippi USA
Darrell Holford -- Bridgeview, Illinois USA
SUPER MEGA WINNER - WINNER OF 10 SHOW
OF THEIR CHOICE !!!!!!!!
Gregory Hurd -- Rocky River, Ohio USA
Each of you have won your choice of 3 vintage
Rock Radio programs (The Super Mega winner won 10!)
from our online store at:
or you can order Rock-it Radio Shows if you prefer on CD
You have until
us know of your choices.
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to
have along with a mailing address and we will got those
items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank you for helping
support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have October drawings
as well at the first week of next month.
|RECRUITING FOR RADIO PERSONALITIES FOR |
Do you know your 50s and 60s Rock & Roll, Doo wop
or Rockabilly? And the ability to produce a show
We do require a playlist for this newsletter but
your show will stay online for the world for approx.
3 weeks. Unlike some stations where you broadcast one
time and it's gone forever.
If interested check out our Rock-it Radio Team page
We are also looking for writers and translators!
|SPRING HAS SPRUNG - THE PERFECT TIME OF YEAR|
TO WEAR A ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRT!
Have you seen the new full line of Rock-it Radio T shirts that have been Released. With new designs by Rock-it Radio's own Jammin' Jan.
Each Rock-it Radio T shirt is only $16.00 each plus shipping. And 100% of
All monies goes to keeping Rock-it Radio Online.
Come check out the latest styles.:
Check Website for updates and availability
|ROCK-IT RADIO LOOSES A TEAM MEMBER |
RIP - COLE JOHNSON
Long time supporter of Rock-it Radio Tommie Hicks
sent me the sad news the other day that Artist for
Rock-it Radio - Cole Johnson passed away at the young
age of 57 from a heart attack.
My wife Jammin Jan and Cole were friends
as they were both artists and would share back and forth
Whimsical ideas. Cole was kind enough to design some
t shirt designs for Rock-it Radio. Rock-it Radio T shirt
design #2, #3 and #4 was done by Cole and we will always
be greatful. Thank you to Tommie Hicks from West Virginia
for letting us know of his passing and he will not be forgotten
here at Rock-it Radio. RIP Cole Johnson.
|COMING IN MAY -- TRIBUTE TO THE CLASS OF 1965|
It is near the end of production and this year's tribute
year - celebrates the 50 year reunion of the Class of 1965.
It is a giant 5 episode special of Lane Quigley & The
Memory Lane show. Rock-it Radio will air a segment a week
so keep an eye out for it. Not only will it feature the
great music of 1965 - along with great trivia and nostalgia
including ads, and memories of those that made 1965 special!
|FRIENDLY REMINDER TO PLEASE SUPPORT ROCK-IT RADIO|
Rock-it Radio is publicly supported by listener's like you.
But we don't ask for money without giving something in return!
(Besides the music we play) -- We have an online store with 100s
of vintage Rock and Roll and Country Radio broadcasts from the
1950s to the 1970s. Uncut and Unedited and placed onto CD for
modern listening convenience from the original tape format. --
Every purchase (donation) of these vintage shows goes right back
into Rock-it Radio and it's operation. We kindly invite you to
check out our website and see what we have to offer. Most all
listings have a ebay link where you can buy the item off of ebay
or directly through paypal. Each broadcast is guaranteed.
Please check out the Rock-it Radio Store at:
|ROCK-IT RADIO GETS LISTENER FROM COUNTRY #211|
Since we had to change Statistic servers in 2010 we
have logged listeners from 210 separate countries.
Today we logged in our 211th country heard -- A
listener from Kosovo tuned in and now thanks to them
we can now be proud to say we have been heard in 211
Nations around the Globe.
|TRANSMITTER FINALS GO OUT ON 99.1 FM OUTLET IN|
POST FALLS, IDAHO.
Sad to report that our FM outlet of 99.1 FM transmitter
is all but dead. Putting out only 5 watts, as the final
stage of the transmitter went out. In the hill country
of Northern Idaho here - That is not much to get through
the mountains that surround us here. Estimate for repair
is $1500.00 - We will start saving for this project if we
can - in the mean time - simply pull up to the studio driveway
and you should be able to tune us in.
NOSTALGIC LOS ANGELES MUSICAL LOOKING FOR FUNDING
Program Director of Rock-it Radio - Lane Quigley informed
me earlier this week, that a New Musical is looking for funding.
Based on the story of Cannibal and the Headhunters and
their historic opening act for the Beatles.
Here is the link to the Musical Trailer site.
|HOT NEW RELEASED FOR THE LAUNCHING PAD !!!|
CASEY KASEM TALKS ABOUT SO. CALIF. RADIO!
Hot New Release!!! Casey Kasem at KRLA - Los Angeles from
10/31/1981. On Halloween Weekend KRLA did a very unique thing.
They brought back all their old DJ's to talk about the times
they were at KRLA. This is a hour CD of Casey Kasem as he
discusses some of his favorite times in Southern California
Radio up until he left KRLA in 1969. And spins some of his most
favorite songs of while he was at the Station.
Fascinating Radio History on this show. Now listed in our
Ebay store at:
|JOHN LENNON & YOKO ONO INTERVIEW OVER WABC FM|
FROM 1969 REISSUED.
We recently discovered in our Launching Pad store that a couple of our latest releases links were no longer functional. They are the interviews of John Lennon and Yoko Ono from 1969 over WABC FM New York City by DJ Host Howard Smith.
And here is the links to them in our Ebay store.
Part I -- RIR #638 -- is at:
And part II -- RIR #639 is at:
|ROCK-IT RADIO JOINS THE CX RADIO NETWORK|
We are happy to report that their is now another way
for you to tune into Rock-it Radio Online. It is thru
the CXX Radio Network and you can hear our stream at:
|2 NEW ONLINE RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO STORE|
WOLFMAN JACK PILOT SHOW ON CAPITAL RADIO LONDON.
In December 1974 Wolfman Jack the icon DJ of the 60s
thru the 80s in America had a huge syndicated following.
He decided to try his luck in England and did a pilot
program on Capital Radio 98.5 FM in London. We have
the first two hours of that broadcast now on CD! Uncut
and Unedited just like you would of heard it back then.
You can pay by paypal or check (U.S.) or money order.
You can find the playlist and information below.
Hour #1 - Wolfman Jack Capital Radio London 28 Dec. 1974 Hour #1
Hour #2 - Wolfman Jack Capital Radio London 28 Dec. 1974 Hour #2
We do have 100s of vintage rock radio shows from remastered onto Compact Disc
you can see the listing in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
|COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA|
What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans.
Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
|OUR LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD!|
We have added another 3 new vintage rock and roll shows this week on Rock-it Radio. They are all remastered and placed on CD.
And Uncut and Unedited just like you would of heard these shows back then.
1. RIR #638 New Release Part I -- DJ Howard Smith interviewing John Lennon
and Yoko Ono from 1969 over WABC New York City. Great historical recording
and interview of one of the Fab 4!
2. RIR #639 New Release Part II of interview from 1969 of John Lennon
and Yoko Ono from 1969 by Howard Smith over WABC FM in New York City.
3. RIR #640 New Release DJ Hy Lit over WIFI - Philadelphia Top 40 Radio
from 12 July, 1973 now on CD in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad site
and our Ebay Store.
And Don't forget other releases this month as well!
1. Wolfman Jack - WBJW Orlando, Florida from 5/10/1978
2. RIR #634 - Mad Daddy Pete Myers from July 1964 over WINS 1010 AM in
New York City.
3. RIR #635 - Rosko Mercer Pt. 1 over KDIA Oakland, Calif. From 12/28/1963
4. NEW! RIR #636 Pt. of Rosko Mercer at KDIA Oakland, California from 12/28/1963
Begins where RIR #635 left off.
5. NEW! RIR #637 - Leon Keyes - KLAK - Denver Colorado - Traditional Country
Station with great country music! From 4/29/1965
We do have 100s of vintage rock radio shows from remastered onto Compact Disc
you can see the listing in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
REMEMBERING OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO IN THE UK
In the mid 1960s it was difficult for the youth to actually listen to Rock and Roll in the UK. The BBC actually ran only a few hours a weekend to provide the young Brits with this outlet. At night during the week they ventured to even tune into Radio Luxembourg to get there fill, that broadcast rock and pop around the clock.
To fill this void some venture capitalists decided to bring in commercial radio aboard refitted radio ships. And anchor themselves just off into International waters off the English coast. Radio Caroline (named after Caroline Kennedy the U.S. President's daughter at the time) and Radio London being the most famous.
Rock-it Radio has a website dedicated to their ventures and also have actual radio broadcasts available of these offshore pirates. We invite you to check them out our webpage at:
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the
popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a
search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that
I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Rock-it Radio listed.
Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at:
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 23 April, 2015
This week in our archives page at:
This week: Eddie Cochran singing Teenage Heaven from the movie Go Johnny Go
And check out the 100s of vintage music videos we have
|MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??|
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PAGE...
Remember you can check out all the Rock-it Radio DJ's
and read the bios of these DJ's that make these
Rock-it Radio Shows possible at:
And don't forget for even more pictures --
there is our picture page at:
HOORAY FOR ROCK-IT RADIO AS WE ENTER OUR 20TH
YEAR!!! 1995 - 2015 !!!
IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our
updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start
scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from April 10, 2015 to
April 23, 2015.
We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides.
Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always
welcome and you can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WELCOME ABOARD TO:
Craig Downs -- Utah, USA
Mark Buettner -- Des Plaines, Illinois USA
Kenna Fung -- California, USa
Pamela Pulice -- La Porte, Indiana USA
Nick Arkon -- South Carolina, USA
Robert Neville -- Massachusetts, USA
Erie Rodriguez -- Independence, Oregon USA
Harold Schaefer -- Indiana, USA
Brett Bowers -- Augusta Michigan USA
in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at:
And 62 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of
92 new members to the Rock-it Radio
Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have
80,534members that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music
of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this
music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please
share the information of this station. And if you have
a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio
link on your page.
There are a few to choose from in our link page at:
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only
$9.50 U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at
the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order
one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail.
Instructions where to send payment is at our webpage:
If you are a member of paypal (http://www.paypal.com) you can e mail directly
and let me know via e mail (email@example.com) what shows you would
like we can send you a paypal invoice within 24 hours.
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you
help keep these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
And at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but actually
some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at Rock-it Radio.
TOP 20 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 4/23/2015
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
1. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show
2. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974
3. RIR #466 -- 3 Vintage early Beatles Interviews w/ Tom Lodge and Murray the K
4. RIR #387 -- Joey Reynolds - WKBW Buffalo NY Beatles Special
5. RIR #522 -- Joel Sebastian - WLS Chicago - 2 shows from 1970 & 1971
6. RIR #135 -- Rock-it Radio 1000th show Celebration 3 CD set
7. RIR #623 -- Big Jim Edwards - CKLW Windsor, Ont. 12/1/1969
8. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor (Detroit) 7/12/1967
9. RIR #270 -- Buddy Holly Tribute BBC from 1965 6 yr. anniv. of crash
10. RIR #640 - Hy Lit - WIFI Philadelphia 7/12/1973
11. RIR #182 - John Peel - Radio London Perfumed Garden Show 1/11/1968
12. RIR #426 - Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968 2 cd set
13. RIR #116 - Casey Kasem - KRLA Los Angeles 5/27/1965
14. RIR #176 - Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960
15. RIR #584 - Lane Quigley Rock-it Radio Gene Pitney Tribute
16. RIR #267 - Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/12/1965
17. RIR #191 - Tribute to KHJ Boss Radio Los Angeles 1966
18. RIR #541 - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 1/13/1978
19. RIR #439 - Double 1965 broadcasts 1965 CKLW Windsor, Ontario Canada
20. RIR #497 - Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 10/17/1978
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
or in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html(listed by date)
and in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name
or Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is what keeps
Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys these!
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
WEEK ENDING 4/23/2015
We are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 210 Countries that
tune us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far
this month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
2. Brazil +0
3. United Kingdom +0
4. Hungary +0
5. Canada +0
6. Netherlands +1
7. Germany -1
8. Spain +1
9. France -1
10. Ireland +1
11. Australia +1
12. Belgium -2
13. Croatia +0
14. Sweden +1
15. Japan +2
16. Russia +0
17. Italy -3
18. Philippines +0
19. Switzerland +0
20. Austria +1
21. Finland -1
22. Mexico +1
23. Norway -1
24. China +0
25. South Africa +0
26. Czech Republic +0
27. Estonia +0
28. Saudi Arabia +2
29. Romania +2
30. Greece -2
31. Argentina +3
32. Ukraine +4
33. Slovakia -4
34. United Arab Emirages +6
35. Serbia +2
36. New Zealand +6
37. Morocco +1
38. Portugal -6
39. Slovenia +11
40. Peru +12
41. Pakistan -5
42. Poland -4
43. Vietnam +16
44. Denmark -5
45. Bulgaria +0
46. Thailand +5
47. India -12
48. Chile -8
49. Bosnia & Herzegovina -2
50. Indonesia +3
U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0
2. Florida +0
3. New York +0
4. Pennsylvania +0
5. Washington +0
6. Texas +0
7. Ohio +0
8. Massachusetts +0
9. Illinois +2
10. Michigan +2
11. Virginia +3
12. Georgia -3
13. Maryland -3
14. Arizona +1
15. New jersey -2
16. North Carolina +0
17. Indiana +1
18. Colorado +1
19. Wisconsin -2
20. Tennessee +1
21. Missouri -1
22. Connecticut +1
23. Alabama -1
24. Kansas +2
25. Kentucky +0
26. Idaho -2
27. Oregon +2
28. Minnesota +4
29. New Mexico -2
30. Iowa +4
31. Rhode Island -2
32. Nebraska +7
33. Nevada -4
34. Delaware -3
35. Louisiana +3
36. South Carolina -1
37. West Virginia -1
38. Arkansas -1
39. Mississippi +2
40. Oklahoma -6
41. Alaska -1
42. Wyoming +0
43. Utah +0
44. New Hampshire +2
45. District of Columbia -1
46. Montana -1
47. Hawaii +0
48. Maine +0
49. Vermont +2
50. South Dakota -1
51. North Dakota -1
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite
you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further
Come tune into the World on your computer!
1000s of stations around the world now broadcast online. We have a
link to some of the internet top directories to help you find these stations.
Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom
of the list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory.
And currently we can only afford the
latest shows online here at Rock-it Radio.
So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio
archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in
OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations
Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska
with our very own Debbie Snowdove!
Well that is just about it for this newsletter and playlists of our latest
shows. We hope that you enjoy them.
We will do our best to keep these shows on for at least 14
days and hopefully 21 days.
All the best always,
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org