|Hi Rock-it Radio Listeners & Launching Pad supporters,|
We have a total of 12 shows and their playlists
on this Rock-it Radio newsletter. Plus the announcement
of drawn winners last month and also a reminder of
only 9 days left to take advantage of our coupon and
online offer from the Rock-it Store - Launching Pad.
Where for every 4 shows you order you can pick another
3 for free. Plus more!
So, Let's get started with some playlists!
Our shows can be heard in our archives page at:
and click to the speaker on the left to hear the show.
Remember if you are new to Internet Radio and having trouble tuning in though --
Check out our webpage to help you out at:
REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To
be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time.
For complete information check out our program
ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio
quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we
can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like
to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are
broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker
at our program page at:
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a
show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as
|WE COULD USE YOUR SUPPORT|
Rock-it Radio is 100% Publicly supported. But when you
donate to the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad - we give you
a vintage broadcast of your choice.
100% of all sales from the Rock-it Radio Store (Launching
Pad) goes back to pay copyright fees, LLC taxes, Internet
and bandwidth costs of Rock-it Radio. Without your support
we would not exist. So. please consider a purchase at:
NOTE: ALL SHOWS BELOW CAN BE FOUND IN OUR PROGRAM WEBPAGE - TO TUNE IN CLICK TO SPEAKER OF THE SHOW YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO. EITHER MP3 OR REAL PLAYER. BOTH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED.
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5363
Do you remember listening to Top 40 Radio during the
Glory Days of the 45 rpm -- when your favorite DJ would
spin a variety of great music from all different genres?
On this week's Memory Lane Show, you can re-live the fun
of Top 40 radio as host Lane Quigley presents a high energy
mix of hot songs, interesting sound bites, a chance to try
and guess the Mystery Artist and the usual joie de vivre.
Settle back and listen to this week's Memory Lane Show on
1. Over and Over - Bobby Day 1958
2. They Call Me Big Mama - Big Mama Thornton 1953
3. Watch What You Do With My Baby - Little Peggy March 1964
4. Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby - Carl Perkins 1956
5. The Dance - Lord Tennyson 1958
6. Away - The Concords 1962
7. Love's Made a Fool of You - The Crickets 1958
8. It Hurts To Be Sixteen - Andrea Carroll 1963
9. Can I Come Over Tonight - The Velours 1957
10. Don't Knock The Rock - Bill Haley & The Comets 1956
11. Tell Him I'm Not Home - Chuck Jackson 1963
12. Gunslinger - Bo Diddley 1960
13. Gee Baby - Joe & Ann 1959
14. Move Me Baby - The Lamplighters 1954
15. Bristol Stomp - The Dovells 1961
16. She Don't Want Me - H-Bomb Ferguson 1957
17. Pretty Little Angel - Doris Troy 1964
18. Driving Wheel - Little Junior Parker 1961
19. Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Lloyd Price 1952
20. MYSTERY ARTIST (Can you identify the artist?)
21. Long Tall Sally - Elvis Presley 1956
22. I'll Never Let You Go - Sonny Roberts & The Echoes 1958
23. It Tears Me Up - Percy Sledge 1966
24. This Is My Story - Gene & Eunice 1955
25. Boo Hoo Hoo - The Sa-Shays 1962
AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A DOO WOP SPOTLIGHT ON
THE CAPRIS! ON SHOW #5364
This show is entirely devoted to a great one hit wonder Doo Wop Group - The Capris. Even though they never had another hit they recorded a large body of work throughout the 60s & 70s and even into the 80s.
Recordings from these decades are played and as well, the very
weird and wonderful story of how their one hit tune recorded in 1958 did not become a hit until 1961 is told as I move through the show.
The Play List is as follows:
1. Where I Fell In Love-The Capris 1961
2. Some People Think-The Capris 1961
3. Indian Girl-The Capris 1961
4. Why Do I Cry?-The Capris 1961
5. My Island In The Sun-The Capris 1961
6. Girl In My Dreams-The Capris 1961
7. Dick Clark Introduction of The Capris singing
There is a moon out tonight on American Bandstand and the tune itself from 1961
8. Dick Clark interview of Capris 1961
9. Tears In My Eyes-The Capris 1961
10.Hum Diddly Dee Do-The Capris 1961
11. Darling- The Capris 1958
12. Limbo-The Capris 1962
13. From The Vine Came The Grape-The Capris 1963
14. God Only Knows (Demo)-The Capris 1958
15. God Only Knows-(Polished Version)-The Capris 1958
16. Stars In The Sky-The Capris 1961
17. Love Poem-The Capris 1961
18. This Is Romance-The Capris 1961
19. The Way I Love-The Capris 1961
20. Are You Happier Now-The Capris 1972
21. This Time It's Love-The Capris 1964
22. Morse Code Of Love-The Capris (Live) 1982
23. There's A Moon Out Again-The Capris 1982
FROM THE UK - JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES
ROLL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #5365
Jackie Bond is back this week with another Rockin'
segment of Let the Good Times Roll Rockabilly show,
that not only features Rockabilly but also other
rockin' hits of the 50s roots style music. Here
is this shows playlist.
1. Let's Make It Tonite - Big Sandy and his Fly Rite Boys
2. Billy Ruffians - Blue Cats
3. Baby Doll - Mario Bradley
4. Feelin' Right Tonight - Marti Brom
5. My Baby Can't Be Satisfied - Buzz and The Flyers
6. Boppin' and Shakin' - Crazy Cavan and The Rhythm Rockers
7. Good At Being Bad - Ronnie Dawson
8. My Baby Worships Me - Steve Earle
9. Go Cat Go - J P McDermott
10. Kitty Cat Go - Rockaroos
11. Tainted Love - Go Getters
12. All By Myself - Robert Gordon
13. Pink and Black - Alan Mills and Darrel Higham
14. Jitterbuggin' Baby - The Jets
15. It's Good To Be Alive - Imelda May
16. My Baby Took A Train - The Paladins
17. Let The Good Times Roll - J D McPherson
18. Pink and Black - The Polecats
19. Shackled To A Thing Called Love - Restless
20. Let Your Hair Down Baby - Skip Rats
21. Jet Black Machine - Whirlwind
22. Hangloose - Whirlwind
MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH
pt. 5 TRIBUTE TO LOUIS JORDAN ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5366
Louis Jordan, Pt. 5 - 1948-50
The "Juke in the Back" presents Part 5 of our mammoth, 6 part
series, featuring the most important musical figure of the 1940s,
Louis Jordan. He was the most successful African-American artist
of the decade, selling millions of records to both Black and White
audiences. Jordan charted 57 singles between 1942 and 1951,
scoring 18 #1 R&B hits and 54 top 10s. Several of his records even
crossed over into the Pop Top 10, which was an almost unheard
of feat at the time. Part 5 of our series focuses on mid-1948
thru the beginning of 1950. During this time, Jordan only
scored 2 #1 records and so it has become a much overlooked
period in his career, even though he released some very strong
singles. Weâ€™ll hear two songs that were featured in motion
pictures as well as 2 duets, one with Martha Davis and another
one with Ella Fitzgerald.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons â€" Mercury 1947
2. Pinetop's Boogie Woogie - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1948
3. Don't Burn The Candle At Both Ends - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1948
4. We Can't Agree - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1948
5. Daddy-O - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five and Martha Davis â€" Decca 1948
6. Pettin' and Pokin' - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1948
7. Roamin' Blues - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 19498. You Broke Your Promise â€" Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1949
9. Cole Slaw (Sorgum Switch) - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1949
10. Every Man To His Own Profession - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1949
11. Baby, It's Cold Outside - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1949
12. Beans and Cornbread - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1949
13. GREAT 78* All For The Love Of Lil - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1948
14. Saturday Night Fish Fry, Pt. 1 & 2 - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1949
15. School Days - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1949
16. Push Ka Pee She Pie (The Saga Of Saga Boy) - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five â€" Decca 1950
17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins â€" Bluebird 1946
JAMES RILEY AND THE ROCKABILLY AND BLUES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5367
From Tennessee, USA the birthplace of Rockabilly music
James Riley does his first show for us here at Rock-it
The entire month it's Rockabilly with Levi as
James Riley also interviews Rockabilly Artist
Levi Dexter in his shows in July. Here is
the playlist for show #5367 in the Rock-it Radio
program as show #5367 at: rockitradio.net/programs.html
These each contain Levi Dexter interview segments as part of our "Levi In July" series.
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #1
1. Cast Iron Arm- Boz Boorer
2. You've Got What I Like- Cliff Bennett & The Rebel Rousers
3. Doggone Cowboy- Clint Bradley
4. All I Can Do Is Cry- Wayne Walker
5. Peek-A-Boo Honey- Jittery Jack
6. Razzle Dazzle- Billy Haley & His Comets
7. Wildest Cat In Town- Crazy Cavan & The Rhythm Rockers
8. Rockabilly Idol- Levi & The Rockats
9. Room To Rock- Levi & The Rockats
10. All Thru The Night- Levi & The Rockats
11. She Ain't No Angel- Levi & The Rockats (live)
12. Oh What A Babe- Otis Blackwell
13. Mercy- Lorrie & Larry Collins
14. 30 Years Old- Matt Hill
15. Wildcat Tamer- Dale Hawkins
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #2
1. Rock Billy Boogie- Johnny Burnette & Rock N Roll Trio
2. Let Your Daddy Drive- Rhythm Bound
3. I Want Some More- Chan Romero
4. Everybody's Talking "Bout The All American- JD McPherson
5. Bayou Rock- Joe Bennett & The Sparkletones
6. Note From The South- Levi & The Rockats
7. Love This Cat- Levi & The Rockats (live)
8. Get So Excited- Levi & The Ripchords
9. Other Side Of Midnight- Levi & The Ripchords
10. Runaway Boys- Stray Cats
11. Love's All Gone- The Katmen
12. New Girlfriend- Buzz & The Flyers
13. The Fool- Robert Gordon
PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete is a veteran DJ here at Rock-it Radio and a loyal
provider of shows for us here.
His dedication and knowledge of 50s and early 60s Doo Wop
shines as he spins those tunes of yesteryear. Including The
Silly song segment and the rare But scratchy 45 segment.
Here is this week's playlist of what you will hear.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982)
2. Jeanne-The Thrashers (1957)
3. My Lonely Friend-The Continentals (1957)
4. Go Back Where You Came From-The Summits (1961)
5. It's Going to be All Right-The Decoys (1963)
6. Indian Love Call-Ray Stevens (1975)
7. What'cha Gonna Do-The Four Mints (1957)
8. You-The Aquatones (1958)
9. Rollin' Stone-The Marigolds (1955)
10. Indian Girl-The Capris (1958 & 1960-'61)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. One More Minute-"Weird Al" Yankovic (1985)
12. Peter the Meter Reader-Meri Wilson (1981)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Peppermint Stick-The Elchords (1958)
14. Cinderella-The Classics (1960)
15. Brenda-The Cupids (1963)
16. My China Doll-The Glad Rags (1957)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Pretty Baby Blues-The Cardinals (1951)
18. The Things I Want to Hear-The Shirelles (1961)
19. Wonder Why-The Castelles (1954)
20. Doom-Lang-The Tokens (1958)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. No One to Love-The Crests (xxxx)
22. Forever and Ever-Frankie & The C- Notes (xxxx)
23. Crying for You-The Centuries (xxxx)
24. Stormy Weather-The Five Sharks (1964)
25. Dear Lord-The Continentals (1956)
26. The Gleam in Your Eye-The Channels (1956)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5369
From the land of windmills, dykes, canals, cheese, tulips,
cows and wooden shoes here is another dynamic Rockin'
Windmill Show by Jack van Oers. Music in this show comes
from Norway, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Canada,
the USA, the UK, France and Germany.
This show includes 5 songs (#21 - #25) on request of
Simon Lewis from the UK. So, turn up the volume and
let's feel good.
1. I feel good - Ronnie Hawkins & the Hawks - 1961
2. Poor little fool - Ricky Nelson - 1958
3. Don't break this teddyboy's heart - The Cascadez - 2006
4. Old mother nature and old father time - Ned Miller - 1957
5. Susi twist - Jimmy Ward with Oety and his Real Rockers - 1964
6. Let me be your hero - Terry Noland - 1958
7. I done caught on - High Noon - 1995
8. You've got everything - Lance Roberts - 1959
9. Hallelujah - Hetten Des - 2004
10. I got a rocket in my pocket - Stan Beaver - 1963
11. Peek-A-Boo - Marvin Jackson - 1957
12. Mary Lou - Ted Daigle - 1959
13. Mary Lou - King Baker's Combo - 2009
14. Hey Ruby - Arthur Osbourne - 1958
15. Mary Nell - Autry Inman - 1958
16. I'm left, you're right, she's gone - Carl Mann - 1978
17. Take my love - Boptails - 1991
18. Rock crazy baby - Art Adams - 1959
19. Grandpa's twist - Avery & the Country Boys - 1970
20. La-do-da da - Keytones - 1962
21. BJ Rock - Big Jeff & the Hurricane Rollers - 1977
22. Sweet love - Conrad & the Hurricanes - 1963
23. Guitar humoresque - The Sky Rockets - 1962
24. Darktown strutters ball - The Jumping Jewels - 1961
25. Bengawan Solo - The Young Savages - 1965
26. Midnight in Minsk - The Blue Jays - 2003
COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5370
It's two shows in the same week for Cool Bobby B
as we catch up and get his shows online to you as
quick as possible. Don't be fooled by other oldies
stations - Cool Bobby B began his online shows right
here on Rock-it Radio. The others are just copy cats :)
Here is the playlist of his show.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee
2. I lost my baby -- The Persians
3. No more -- Little Victor & Vistas
4. While Walking -- Tony & Raindrops
5. On the way to Cape May - Philly Cuzz (New version)
6. The stars are out tonight -- Tear Drops
7. I need you so - The Cruisers
8. What time is it? - Jive 5
9. I've Cried Before - Dion & Belmonts
10. No one Knows - Dion & Belmonts
11. The Wind - Nolan Strong & Diablos
12. Lonely way - The Zircons
13. Pizza Pie - Norman Fox & Rob Roys
14. I believe - The Dee Vines
15. Looking for an echo - Kenny Vance & Planotones
16. Cool Bobby B Song - Kenny Vance & Planotones
17. Without Love - Clyde McPhatter
18. Duke of Earl - Gene Chandler
19. Looking in from the Outside - El Dorados
20. Whispering Heart - The Empires
21. Stay in my corner - The Dells
22. I'll be forever Loving you -- The El Dorados
23. You gave me peace of mind -- The Spaniels
24. Heaven and Paradise - Don Julian & Meadowlarks
25. A million and one dreams -- The Bel Larks
26. Love no one but you - The Excellents
27. Barbara - The Temptations
28. That's my girl - De Jan & The Elgins
29. I found out too late -- Jackie & The Starlights
30. Paper Boy -- Tony & The Twilights
31. Over the Mountain, Across the Sea - Johnnie & Joe
32. If I didn't care - The Platters
33. The girl can't help it -- Little Richard
34. You Cheated - The Shields
35. There goes my baby - The Drifters
36. Your heart is so blind - The Cadillacs
37. The worst that could happen - Brooklyn Bridge
38. Most of the pretty young girls - The Upfronts
39. 11th hour melody - The Rivieras
40. Moonlight Cocktails - The Rivieras
41. If you want to - The Carousels
42. Angel - The Lavenders
43. Share -- Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
44. This is my love - The Passions
45. You're an angel - The Continentals
46. That's the way it goes - The Harptones
47. Mio Amore - The Flamingos
48. C'est la vie - The Wrens
49. Doo Wop Lullabye - Lola & Saints
50. Tell me why - Norman Fox & Rob Roys
51. The Bounce - The Olympics
52. Rainy Day Bells -- The Globetrotters
53. Runaround - The Regents
54. Wisdom of a fool - 5 Keys
55. Since I don't have you - The Skyliners
56. This I swear - The Skyliners
57. Goodnight Baby - The Imaginations
ROCKIN DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5371
The Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party is once again on the air
and rockin' with plenty of high energy uptempo Doo Wop
50s Rock and Roll!
Come celebrate and tune in - just click to the speaker
next to show #5371 in our program page at
Here is what you will hear.
1. Lone Stranger-Denotations
2. The Big Beat-Del Vikings
3. Rock With You-Extraordinaires
4. Professor Loco-Locos
5. Dead Wrong-Five Stars
6. Sweet Mama, Do Right-Midnighters
8. Who's That Knocking-Genies
9. Hot Dog Dooly Wah-Pyramids
11. Darling (You Know I Love You)-Vocaltones
12. Love You Baby All The Time-Co-Eds
13. Can't We Be Sweethearts-Cleftones
14. Booga Bear-Creators
15. Jungle Superman-Individuals
16. Mr. Were-Wolf-Kac-Ties
17. Function At The Junction-Smoki Whitfield
18. What Time Is It-Jive Five
19. The Loudness Of My Heart-Gay Knights
20. Secret Love-Moonglows
21. Lookin' For My Baby-Earls
22. Lover Please-Clyde McPhatter
23. I Wanna Be A Millionaire Hobo-Fantastics
24. So Long-Fats Domino
FLASHBACK - MIKE TAYLOR ROCKABILLY SHOW WITH A
TRIBUTE TO BOBBY FULLER FOUR ON ROCK-IT #5372
Originally released as show #1693 back in 2006
here on Rock-it Radio. It was such a great show
with great music we decided to reissue it online.
Here are the details.
Mike Taylor is back this week with a very special
feature of the music and the tragic story of the
Bobby Fuller Four. To tune in simply go to our
archives program page and and click to this show.
Here is the playlist of the show.
1. Unreliable, Irresistible Girl - Bobby Fuller Four (Unreleased)
2. Nervous Breakdown - Bobby Fuller Four (1962)
3. Not Fade Away - Bobby Fuller Four (1962)
4. Think It Over - Bobby Fuller Four (Unrel)
5. Guess We'll Fall In Love - Bobby Fuller Four (1962)
6. You're in Love - Bobby Fuller Four (1962)
7. A Happening in London Town - Buck Owens (1968) (Live)
8. Who's Gonna Mow Your Grass - Buck Owens (1968) (Live)
9. Rock House - Bobby Fuller Four (Unrel)
10. King of the Beach - Bobby Fuller Four (1964)
11. Cheat and Lie - Bobby Fuller Four (Unrel)
12. Baby My Heart - Bobby Fuller Four (Unrel)
13. Let Her Dance - Bobby Fuller Four (1965)
14. Never to Be Forgotten - Bobby Fuller Four (1965)
15. I Fought the Law - Bobby Fuller Four (1965)
16. Little Annie Lou - Bobby Fuller Four (1965)
17. Keep A Knockin' - Bobby Fuller Four (Unrel)
18. Wolfman - Bobby Fuller Four (1965)
19. Love's Made a Fool of You - Bobby Fuller Four (1966)
20. The Magic Touch - Bobby Fuller Four (1966)
21. The Things You Do - Randy Fuller Four (1966)
22. Saturday Night - Bobby Fuller Four (1963)
23. A New Shade of Blue - Bobby Fuller Four (Unreleased)
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND
GROOVIN' OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT #5373
It's a great show with great music from the
Spin man himself DJ Spinning Rock Boogie out of the UK!
Get ready to rock your socks off with this rockabilly!
02. Run You Down - Joe Ramirez & The Jumping Jacks (60) Gyro
03. I'm Gonna Play The Piano - 3-M Machine (68) Demand
04. How Low Do You Feel - Ray Campi (74) Rollin' Rock
05. Pointed Toe Shoes - Carl Perkins (59) Columbia
06. Drinkin' Wine - Gene Simmons (58) Sun
07. Rock Pretty Mama - Billy Adams & The Rock-A-Teers (57) Quincy
08. Oh Red - Howlin' Wolf (52) Chess
09. Searchin' For A Woman - Albert King (61) Chess
10. I Wish You Would - Billy Boy Arnold (55) Vee-Jay
11. Roll 'Em Pete - Big Joe Turner (38) Vocalion
12. Petticoat Baby - Bette McLaurin (57) Atco
13. I Don't Hurt Anymore - Ann Margaret (61) RCA-Victor
14. Make The Feeling Go Away - Billie Davis (69) Decca
15. Play With Your Poodle - Dana Gillespie (82) UK Ace
16. I'm Nobody's Baby - Jo-Ann Campbell (58) Gone
17. Hurt Me - Wynona Carr (56) Specialty
18. Tell It Like It Is - Aaron Neville (66) Par-Lo
19. Worry - Johnny Tillotson (64) MGM
20. Guitar Rock And Roll (instrumental) - Joe Maphis (56) Columbia
21. My Sunday Baby - The Delta Rhythm Boys (57) Barclay
22. Red Hot Love - The Charms (58) DeLuxe
23. Sugar Beet - Moon Mullican (52) King
24. I Never Felt Like This - Jack Scott (59) Carlton
25. Hop Rock - Wes Holly & His Rhythm Ranchers (58) Wes Holly
26. You Can't Catch Me - Chuck Berry (56) Chess
27. Too Fast To Live Too Young To Die - Robert Gordon (82) RCA
28. I Guess I'd Better Move Along - Ray Smith (64) BC
BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL RETROSPECTIVE
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #5374 FOCUS ON 1959!
The Retro Show is back and it's soundin' fine from '59. Your host,
Bill Green, has selected a fantastic assortment of songs all from
the last year of the fifties. The hits, the headlines and a few
surprises. It's all here. Take this Rock-it ride back 56 years
and relive the golden year: 1959
1) You Were Mine - The Fireflies
2) Your So Fine - The Falcons
3) So Fine - The Fiestas
4) A Big Hunk Of Love - Elvis Presley
5) There Goes My Baby - The Drifters
6) It Doesn't Matter Anymore - Buddy Holly
7) Put Your Head On My Shoulder - Paul Anka
8) First Name Initial - Annette
9) A Love Of My Own - Ann Cole
10) Misty - Johnny Mathis
11) Try Me - James Brown
12) Tallahassee Lassie - Freddy Cannon
13) Pink Shoe Laces - Dodie Stevens
14) You Better Know It - Jackie Wilson
15) Sleepwalk - Santo and Johnny
16) Every Other Day - The Debonaires
17) It's Not For Me - Rudy and the Wheels
18) Among My Souvenirs - Connie Francis
19) The Battle Of New Orleans - Johnny Horton
20) The Battle Of Kookamonga - Homer and Jethro
21) Poison Ivy - The Coasters
22) I Cried A Tear - Lavern Baker
23) Tell Him No - Travis and Bob
24) Mack The Knife - Bobby Darin
25) Since I Don't Have You - The Skyliners
All the Rock-it Radio shows are available on CD
Each show is only $9.50 each and you can order
in bulk and shipping will never be more then $2.00.
Ask for a secure paypal invoice -- information is at:
100'S OF VINTAGE ROCK AND ROLL VIDEOS ON FILE IN
OUR VIDEO SITE AT ROCK-IT RADIO:
CHECK IT OUT AT:
COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A
LIKE FROM YOU!
The Rock-it Radio Facebook Site.
HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more --
We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it
Radio. You can find it at:
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2015
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows
for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc.
Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the
1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on
our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation
we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio
show like we offer in our Online store.
JUNE END OF THE MONTH DRAWING OF WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by
purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the
either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
Or by going and ordering Rock-it Radio shows at:
The JUNE 2015 Winners this month are:
Royal Dusenberry -- Vermontville, Michigan USA
Lidji Bormanshinov -- Lanham, Maryland, USA
Joseph Reed -- Easton, Pennsylvania USA
SUPER MEGA WINNER - WINNER OF 10 SHOW
OF THEIR CHOICE !!!!!!!!
Kim Greer -- Arnold, Missouri USA
Each of you have won your choice of 3 vintage
Rock Radio programs (The Super Mega winner won 10!)
from our online store at:
or you can order Rock-it Radio Shows if you prefer on CD
You have until
us know of your choices.
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to
have along with a mailing address and we will got those
items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank you for helping
support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have October drawings
as well at the first week of next month.
|GRAMMY AWARD WINNER AND BLUE EYED SOUL ARTIST|
BILLY VERA TO HOST EXCLUSIVE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Grammy Award Winner and Blue Eyed Soul Singer Billy Vera will be
hosting a new show for Rock-it Radio exclusively!!! In the next couple
of months Rock-it Radio is about to launch a new show featuring early
Rock and R&B and hosted by Billy Vera of Billy Vera and the Beaters.
We welcome Billy to our ranks and thank him immensely for let us air
the Billy Vera Rock and Roll Show. Please keep an eye out for it
Rock-it Radio Listeners!!! And also thanks to Program Director
Lane Quigley who was able to work the details down in California
at Studio B to make this new show possible on Rock-it Radio!
Attached is a video link of Billy Vera and his hit
video of "At this Moment"
UPDATE: WE HAVE HIS FIRST SHOW READY TO GO IN THE STUDIO HERE AND WILL BE AIRED THIS WEEKEND! DON'T MISS BILLY VERA'S ROCK AND ROLL SHOW EXCLUSIVELY ON ROCK-IT RADIO!
|RECRUITING FOR RADIO PERSONALITIES FOR |
Do you know your 50s and 60s Rock & Roll, Doo wop
or Rockabilly? And the ability to produce a show
We do require a playlist for this newsletter but
your show will stay online for the world for approx.
3 weeks. Unlike some stations where you broadcast one
time and it's gone forever.
If interested check out our Rock-it Radio Team page
We are also looking for writers and translators!
|SUMMER IS HERE - THE PERFECT TIME OF YEAR|
TO WEAR A ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRT!
Have you seen the new full line of Rock-it Radio T shirts that have been Released. With new designs by Rock-it Radio's own Jammin' Jan.
Each Rock-it Radio T shirt is only $16.00 each plus shipping. And 100% of
All monies goes to keeping Rock-it Radio Online.
Come check out the latest styles.:
Check Website for updates and availability
|FRIENDLY REMINDER TO PLEASE SUPPORT ROCK-IT RADIO|
Rock-it Radio is publicly supported by listener's like you.
But we don't ask for money without giving something in return!
(Besides the music we play) -- We have an online store with 100s
of vintage Rock and Roll and Country Radio broadcasts from the
1950s to the 1970s. Uncut and Unedited and placed onto CD for
modern listening convenience from the original tape format. --
Every purchase (donation) of these vintage shows goes right back
into Rock-it Radio and it's operation. We kindly invite you to
check out our website and see what we have to offer. Most all
listings have a ebay link where you can buy the item off of ebay
or directly through paypal. Each broadcast is guaranteed.
Please check out the Rock-it Radio Store at:
SPECIAL COUPON AND ONLINE OFFER FOR THE ROCK-IT
STORE FOR JULY!!!
ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS NEARLY
50% OFF DEAL!
For the rest of July we are running a special in
the Rock-it Radio store of Rock-it Radio programs and
vintage rock and country radio broadcasts of the 50s
thru the 70s. Order 4 at the usual price of $9.50
each and get another 3 of your choice for FREE!
These are CATALOG and INVOICE orders ONLY! To be
able to give you this deal.
If you are using the order form on the catalog just
write out 3 extra shows for FREE when you order 4.
For a paypal invoice, e mail us here and we will send
you a invoice for you to make payment. Just let us
know what you would like to have. And e mail us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get that invoice
to you within a day.
|COMING IN AUGUST -- THE 17TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS.|
WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE.
It's an annual event and hosts Lane Quigley and
Bill Green will be putting together the next battle
where you the listeners decide the outcome!
The ballot will be coming out in the newsletter and
also we will have drawings as well and some lucky winners
will get some Rock-it Radio prizes as well. The
show will be airing the entire month of August so
make sure you don't miss it!
|REMINDER ON HOW TO CONTACT THE DJ'S AT ROCK-IT RADIO|
We all love our our e mails from listeners here at Rock-it
Radio. Along with requests and dedications. Earlier this year
due to the excessive spam we all were getting I stopped listing
the e mails at each shows playlist. But you can still
contact them. Just go to the Rock-it Radio DJ page and each
DJ has there e mail link underneath each bio.
You can find it at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html
|ROCK-IT RADIO JOINS THE CX RADIO NETWORK|
We are happy to report that their is now another way
for you to tune into Rock-it Radio Online. It is thru
the CXX Radio Network and you can hear our stream at:
|COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA|
What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans.
Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
REMEMBERING OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO IN THE UK
In the mid 1960s it was difficult for the youth to actually listen to Rock and Roll in the UK. The BBC actually ran only a few hours a weekend to provide the young Brits with this outlet. At night during the week they ventured to even tune into Radio Luxembourg to get there fill, that broadcast rock and pop around the clock.
To fill this void some venture capitalists decided to bring in commercial radio aboard refitted radio ships. And anchor themselves just off into International waters off the English coast. Radio Caroline (named after Caroline Kennedy the U.S. President's daughter at the time) and Radio London being the most famous.
Rock-it Radio has a website dedicated to their ventures and also have actual radio broadcasts available of these offshore pirates. We invite you to check them out our webpage at:
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the
popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a
search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that
I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Rock-it Radio listed.
Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at:
|MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??|
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PAGE...
Remember you can check out all the Rock-it Radio DJ's
and read the bios of these DJ's that make these
Rock-it Radio Shows possible at:
And don't forget for even more pictures --
there is our picture page at:
HOORAY FOR ROCK-IT RADIO AS WE ENTER OUR 20TH
YEAR!!! 1995 - 2015 !!!
IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our
updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start
scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO OTHER TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR
NEWS RELEASES FOR N. IDAHO, KODIAK ALASKA AND
Rock-it Radio has another Twitter account and is used for News
Alerts that come into the studio here at Studio A. For those Twitter
users that would like to follow the link is:
The feed can also be seen in our World News broadcast Webpage
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from July 12, 2015 to
July 22, 2015.
We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides.
Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always
welcome and you can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
WELCOME ABOARD TO:
in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at:
And 24 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of
150 new members to the Rock-it Radio
Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have
81,471members that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music
of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this
music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please
share the information of this station. And if you have
a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio
link on your page.
There are a few to choose from in our link page at:
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only
$9.50 U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at
the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order
one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail.
Instructions where to send payment is at our webpage:
If you are a member of paypal (http://www.paypal.com) you can e mail directly
and let me know via e mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) what shows you would
like we can send you a paypal invoice within 24 hours.
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you
help keep these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
And at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but actually
some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at Rock-it Radio.
TOP 20 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 7/22/2015
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
2. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show
3. RIR #387 -- Joey Reynolds - WKBW Buffalo NY Beatles Special
4. Lane Quigley - Class of 1965 50 year Reunion - Rock-it Radio.
5. RIR #116 - Casey Kasem - KRLA Los Angeles 5/27/1965
6. RIR #181 - Wolfman Jack XERB Tijuana 12/8/1967
7. RIR #539 - Cousin Brucie - WABC New York 9/7/1965
8. RIR #466 - 3 Vintage early Beatles Interviews w/ Tom Lodge and Murray the K
9. RIR #135 - Rock-it Radio 1000th show Celebration 3 CD set
10. RIR #176 - Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960
11. RIR #182 - John Peel - Radio London Perfumed Garden Show 1/11/1968
12. RIR #623 -- Big Jim Edwards - CKLW Windsor, Ont. 12/1/1969
13. RIR #267 - Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/12/1965
14. RIR #629 - Charlie Van Dyke - CKLW Windsor, Ontario 4/28/1969
15. RIR #522 -- Joel Sebastian - WLS Chicago - 2 shows from 1970 & 1971
16. RIR #640 - Hy Lit - WIFI Philadelphia 7/12/1973
17. RIR #439 - CKLW 2 Broadcasts from 1965 - Windsor, Ontario
18. RIR #294 - Bill Wade & Bob Elliot - KGB San Diego 7/28/1967
19. RIR #425 - Real Don Steele KHJ Los Angeles 7/3/1967
20. RIR #115 - Rare Broadcasts of Alan Freed.
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out
our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
or in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html(listed by date)
and in the upper left hand corner -
there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name or
Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of
these broadcasts is what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank
you again to everyone that buys these!
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
We are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 211 Countries that
tune us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far
this month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0
2. Brazil +0
3. United Kingdom +0
4. Hungary +0
5. Germany +2
6. Canada +0
7. Netherlands +2
8. Ireland -3
9. France -2
10. Australia +0
11. Croatia +1
12. Belgium +1
13. Sweden +2
14. Japan +0
15. Philippines +2
16. Spain -5
17. Czech Republic +4
18. Switzerland +2
19. Italy -4
20. Russia -3
21. Norway +2
22. China +2
23. Mexico -2
24. South Africa +3
25. Saudi Arabia +6
26. Thailand +2
27. Greece +3
28. Finland -7
29. Ukraine +0
30. Morocco +13
31. New Zealand +3
32. India +6
33. Argentina -3
34. Serbia +10
35. Austria -18
36. Estonia -2
37. New Caledonia +4
38. Portugal -7
39. Romania +7
40. Israel +2
41. Chile +6
42. Bulgaria +9
43. Singapore +9
44. Denmark -3
45. Malaysia +8
46. South Korea +5
47. Poland -5
48. Bosnia & Herzegovina -5
49. Indonesia +7
50. Albania +11
U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0
2. Florida +0
3. New York +0
4. Pennsylvania +1
5. Washington -1
6. Texas +0
7. Massachusetts +1
8. Illinois +1
9. Ohio -2
10. Michigan +7
11. North Carolina -1
12. Maryland +2
13. Georgia -1
14. Arizona -1
15. New Jersey -3
16. Virginia -1
17. Indiana +5
18. Wisconsin +0
19. Missouri -2
20. Connecticut +3
21. Colorado -2
22. Tennessee -2
23. Oklahoma +16
24. Rhode Island +3
25. Kansas -2
26. Oregon +6
27. Alabama -3
28. Kentucky -5
29. South Carolina -5
30. New Mexico +6
31. Idaho -4
32. Nevada -3
33. Minnesota -2
34. Nebraska -1
35. Arkansas -1
36. Alaska +12
37. Iowa +1
38. Delaware -6
39. Louisiana -1
40. Utah +0
41. West Virginia +1
42. Maine +2
43. District of Columbia -4
44. Montana +5
45. Hawaii -1
46. New Hampshire +0
47. Vermont +0
48. Wyoming -6
49. Mississippi -8
50. South Dakota +0
51. North Dakota +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite
you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further
Come tune into the World on your computer!
1000s of stations around the world now broadcast online. We have a
link to some of the internet top directories to help you find these stations.
Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom
of the list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory.
And currently we can only afford the
latest shows online here at Rock-it Radio.
So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio
archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in
OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations
Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska
with our very own Debbie Snowdove!
Well that is just about it for this newsletter and playlists of our latest
shows. We hope that you enjoy them.
We will do our best to keep these shows on for at least 14
days and hopefully 21 days.
All the best always,
e mail: email@example.com
Archived Shows at: