|Hi Rock-it Radio Listeners,|
Lots to cover in this newsletter !!! Here at Rock-it Radio.
We have 21 show playlists! from show #6247 to #6267.
I don't usually like to have to cover this many in one newsletter but
hopefully next time we can get a newsletter out that covers
around 15 shows. Also, we have a new DJ and his premiere broadcast
"The Little BossMan Oldies Show". A new Flashdrive featuring
50 of our latest shows in MP3 - Your best buy to get our shows
in your hands!
We have the announcement of the drawing of the
winners of the East Vs. West Battle. So make sure to check it
out and see if you are one of the winners!
And more Ebay woes in our Ebay store to report.
So let's get started!
Our shows can be heard in our archives page at:
and click to the speaker on the left to hear the show.
Remember if you are new to Internet Radio and having trouble tuning in though --
Check out our webpage to help you out at:
REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To
be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time.
For complete information check out our program
ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio
quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we
can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like
to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are
broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker
at our program page at:
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a
show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as
|WE COULD REALLY !!! USE YOUR SUPPORT|
Rock-it Radio is 100% Publicly supported. But when you
donate to the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad - we give you
a vintage broadcast of your choice.
100% of all sales from the Rock-it Radio Store (Launching
Pad) goes back to pay copyright fees, LLC taxes, Internet
and bandwidth costs of Rock-it Radio. Without your support
we would not exist. So. please consider a purchase at:
NOTE: ALL SHOWS BELOW CAN BE FOUND IN OUR
PROGRAM WEBPAGE -
TO TUNE IN CLICK TO SPEAKER OF THE SHOW YOU WANT
TO LISTEN TO. EITHER MP3 OR REAL PLAYER.
BOTH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED.
JAMMIN JAMES RILEY AND ROCKABILLY N BLUES RADIO
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6247 TRIPLE PLAY!!!
From his studios in Nashville, Tennessee Jammin'
James Riley puts together one great Rockin' Rockabilly
and Blues show for our listeners here at Rock-it Radio.
Here is the playlist.
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #1
1. Old Feeling- The Hi-Jivers
2. Losing My Mind- Little Lesley & The Bloodshots
3. Red Headed Woman- Ed Cavin & The Blue Kings
4. So Lonely Without You- Marcel Riesco
5. Kitty Cat- Tami Nelson
6. Hop Skip & Jump- Blind Boys Of Alabama
7. Ding Dong Daddy- Eddy Clearwater
8. Fabulous- Charlie Gracie
9. Young Blood- The Coasters
10. All Shook Up- Elvis Presley
11. Stateside- Mel Tillis
12. Trouble On The Turnpike- Roger Miller
13. My Michelle- Dion
14. Runaround Sue- Del Shannon
15. The Wanderer- Dave Edmunds
16. Kool & Krazy- The Rockats
17. Pedal To The Metal- The Devil's Daughters
18. These Boots Are Made For Walkin'- Brand New Fifties
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #2
1. Ain't That A Waste- Hailbails
2. Loving In The Morning- Motel Mirrors
3. Oakie Boogie- Jack Guthrie
4. Low Down Blues- Wayne Hancock
5. Travelin' Light- Nick Lowe & Los Straitjackets
6. Ooh Daddy- Buddy Guy
7. Bye Bye Love- John Lindberg Trio
8. Time To Roll- Rhythm Torpedoes
9. Big Noise From The Jungle- Toro Jones
10. Bumble Twist- The Coguaros
11. Elvis Riding Shotgun- Hot Rod Walt & The Psycho Devilles
12. I Wore Elvis' Ring- Wanda Jackson
13. A Mess Of Blues- Elvis Presley
14. Baby Let's Play House- Sleepy LaBeef
15. Big Hunk Of Love- Darrel Higham
16. Little Miss Stuck Up- Junior Brown
17. Motel Bates- Los Malditos
18. Saddle Up A Buzz Buzz- The Cramps
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #3
Quentin Jones is our guest this hour
1. Amos Mose- Reach Around Rodeo Clowns
2. It's Late- Robert Gordon
3. Too Soon To Tell- Graham Nash
4. Train Kept A Rollin'- Quentin Jones
5. Battle With The Bottle- Linda Gail Lewis
6. Surf All Day, Love All Night- Quentin Jones
7. King Of The Slot Car Track- Reach Around Rodeo Clowns
8. Turns Me On- Quentin Jones
9. Road To Hell- The Rockats
10. The Girl From Hell- Lee Rocker
11. I Got The Shakes- Reach Around Rodeo Clowns
PREMIERE BROADCAST NEW ROCK-IT DJ!!! LITTLE BOSS
MAN OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6248
We are thrilled to announce a new Rock-it Radio
DJ here at Rock-it Radio. Bill Roberts a/k/a The
Little Boss Man with the Little Boss Man show.
You can check out his bio at the Rock-it Radio DJ page
THE LITTLE BOSSMAN PRESENTS A Mix of
Vernacular Pop Culture along with a Rave-up
of Shouters, Rock A Billy & Doo-Wop plus this
Week's. Rockit Radio DJ Pick ...Pete Chaston
also a Tribute to Little Anthony/Imperials.
1. Summertime Blues-Eddie Cochran
2. School's Out-Hex-O-Tones
3. School Day-Chuck Berry
4. I Believe In You-Robert & Johnnie
5. Teen Age Letter-Joe Turner
6. Stumbling Block-Jack Dupree
7. Jelly Roll Rock-Walter Brown
8. Matchbox-Carl Perkins
9. The Fires Burn No Møre-The Chesters
10. The Letter-The Imperials
11. Two People In The World-The Imperials
12. She Gotta Shake-Al Casey
13. Hip Shakin' Baby-Roy Brown
14. Sweet Little Woman-Lightnin' Slim
15. Kansas City-Wilbert Harrison
16. Little School Girl-Billy Garner
17. Pretty Little Pearly-Click-Clacks
18. WPLJ-Mothers Of Invention
19. Wang Dang Doodle-Ko Ko Taylor
20. Down On The Farm-The Devilles
21. Little Pig-Dale Hawkins
22. I'm A Hog For You Baby-The Coasters
23. If I Remember To Forget-Anthony/Imperials
24. All Around The World-Bobby Oliver
GLEN GORDON'S MUSICAL WEB SHOW WITH OLDIES SONGS
ABOUT WORK ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6249
Glen is back with this show to coincide with the U.S.
Labor Day here is a special oldies segment about that
four letter word known as 'Work'. check out this
playlist and what you will hear in show #6249.
01. Workin' for the man - Roy Orbison
02. The Boss' Daughter - Gene Pitney
03. Boss Man's Son - Rod Bernard
04. ''Say Bossman'' - Bo Diddley
05. Bossman - Deane Hawley
06. Hey Boss Man - Ray Smith
07. Boss Man - Gino
08. Joe The Singing Janitor - Junior Brown
09. Heaven Help The Working Girl - Norma Jean
10. Midnight Shift - Buddy Holly
11. Sweet Cream Ladies, Forward March - Box Tops
12. Working in a coalmine - Lee Dorsey
13. Coalman - Bee Gees
14. Wichita Lineman - New Society Band
15. I Lost My Job - Don Clairs
16. Lost My Job - Bobby Williams
17. Unemployment - Harvey & The Moonglows
18. Elevator Operator - Rays
19. Jack Of All Trades - Eugene Church
20. Pay Day - Elegants
21. Pay Day - Porter Wagoner
22. I Just Got My Pay (Previously Unreleased) - Beach Boys
23. Commercial - Spanky & Our Gang
24. Sadie The Cleaning Lady - Johnny Farnham
25. Maggie Doesn't Work Here Anymore - Platters
26. Gonna Work - Richard Brothers
27. I Ain't Workin' - Jim Stafford
28. Got A Job - Miracles
29. Travelin' Band - Creedence Clearwater Revival
30. Two Weeks With Pay - Georgie Young
31. Ain't Gonna Work No More - Roger Miller
JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL OLDIES SHOW
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6250
Bond .... Jackie Bond! Is back this time with a
new segment of 50s Rock and Roll from the UK! Check
out this playlist of Rock and Roll from the first
decade on his latest show.
1. Darling Listen To The Words Of This Song - Ruth McFadden & The Supremes
2. A Prayer & A Jukebox - Little Anthony & The Imperials
3. Why Am I So Shy - The Chiffons
4. Life's Too Short - The Lafayettes
5. Roll On - Johnny Spence
6. John John - Aggie Dukes
7. Hard Working Woman - B B King
8. Boy Crazy - Little Peggy March
9. She Goes Onka Chicka - The Premiers
10. A Little Bird Told Me - The Robins
11. Little Side Car - The Larks
12. South Street - The Orlons
13. Why Did She Go - Johnnie And Joe
14. No Other Love Like Yours - The Fi-Dells
15. I've Got A Man - Annie Williams
16. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do - Jivin Gene & The Jokers
17. Woe Is Me - The Cadillacs
18. Why Don't You Love Me - The Delteens
19. Yes Juanita's Mine - Roy Moss
20. Come To My House Rock - The Royal Notes
21. Shake Baby Shake - Champion Jack Dupree
22. My Foolish heart - The Firebirds
23. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #6251 -- ROLL ON!
Join DJ Ken Strange as he delves into the archives to bring you
another "Country Record Round Up " show, with country music from
right across the board from the 1930's to the 2000's
Join DJ Ken Strange on his Country Record Round Up for 28 tracks that
are all about Truck Drivers, Trucks, and Trucking.
01. Intro - Medley
02. I'm A Truck - Red Simpson (71) Capitol
03. That's Truck Drivin' - Slim Jacobs (65) Starday
04. Rollin' Rig - Dave Dudley (73) Rice
05. Roll Big Wheels Roll - Vernon Oxford (67) RCA
06. I'm A Trucker - Johnny Russell (74) RCA
07. Roll On Truckers - Juice Newton & Silver Spur (75) RCA
08. Caffine, Nicotine, Benzedrine - Nat Stuckley (70) RCA
09. Give Me 40 Acres - The Willis Brothers (64) Sparton
10. Rollin' On Rubber Wheels - The Stanley Brothers (65) King
11. Woman Behind The Man Behind The Wheel - Red Sovine (77) Gusto-Starday
12. Convoy - The Tommy Hill Music Festival (75) Power Pak
13. How Fast Them Trucks Can Go - Claude Gray (67) Decca
14. Movin' On - Merle Haggard & The Strangers (75) Capitol
15. Big Wheel Cannonball - Dick Curless (70) Capitol
16. Peterbilt - Carl Knight (76) RCA
17. Truck Driving Woman - Norma Jean (68) RCA-Victor
18. Truck Driver Truck Driver - Bobby Bare (75) RCA
19. Big Footed Dan - Benny Martin (63) Starday
20. Truck Drivers Queen - Moore & Napier (70) Nashville
21. Truck Drivin' Man - Hylo Brown (63) Starday
22. Tombstone Every Mile - Charlie Moore (76) Homestead
23. One More Dusty Road - Chip Hawks (77) RCA
24. Six Days On The Road - Hank Snow (64) RCA
25. Diesel Smoke, Dangerous Curves - Bobby Sykes (63) Starday
26. Radar Blues - Coleman Wilson (60) King
27. Mama Was A Truck Drivin' Man - Jethro Burns (73) RCA
28. Diesel Cowboy - Ray McAuley & Wild Country (77) RCA
29. Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield - Del Reeves (68) United Artists
"Keep It Country".
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN AND GROOVIN
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6252 - LOCATION UNKNOWN #4
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for another show in his series,
"Regional Round-Up". Normally, a State(s) is featured in this series,
but this particular show will feature records with a date and
label, no date or label, a date only, or a label only, with all
of them linked to one common demominator, which is, that there are
no known locations.....at least to this DJ anyway. So sit
back and enjoy records from the 1950's and 1960's that includes,
Bop, Boogie, Jive, and Stroll,along with the regular feature of the 'Smooch Spot'.
01. Intro - Medley
02. Hippity Hop - Ben Joe Zeppa (59) Fan Club
03. Better Get Ready Betty - Del Swade (60) Production
04. Lucy Me - Eddie Reid & The Young Sisters (63) Twirl
05. Rockin' China Doll - Gene Ross (58) Indie
06. Wanted Dead Or Alive - Curtis Wilson (?) GB
07. Nameless - Bob Strauss & The Don George Orchestra (?) Curtis
08. Chantilly Lace - The McGraw Sisters (58)
09. Stop That Bop - Willy Whack & The Thumpers
10. Good Better Rest - Wallace Waters
11. Roll 'Em DD (instrumental) - Dorothy Donegan (62) Meltic
12. Hey Mr Piano - Trustin Howard (61) Acclaim
13. Groovy Joe's - Johnny Shelton & His Rockabillies (58) Scenic
14. School Days - Jimmy Cavalo & His Quintet (59) Hand
15. Hey Woman - The Ducats (65) Rockit
16. Square Dance In The Park - The Kay-Doll Sisters (64) Bay-Uke
17. Betty Lou - Jack Eden & The Dimentions (?) Corsair
18. Oo-Shee-Bla-Dee - Susan Cabot & The Blockbusters (57)
19. The Ringin' And The Swingin' - Bud McCoy (59)
20. You Worry Me (smooch) - The Enchanters (59) Vargo
21. Talk To An Angel (smooch) - The Love-Tones (56) Plus
22. The Lonely Telephone (smooch) - The Quintones (56) Jordan
23. Tears From My Eyes (smooch) - Nap Roman (63) Sahara
24. Forgive (smooch) - Rod Bernard (63) Hall
25. Paint The Town Red - Al Sweatt & The Rocky Fellows (59) Goldwater
26. Working Boogie - Del Graham (51)
27. Pam - The Invaders (62)
28. Seventeen Steps - Ben Smith
29. Triflin' Man - Betty Howard
30. The twitch (instrumental - Big Jim & His Night Riders (?) My
31. C.B. Baby - Bobby Allen & The Southern Comforts (?) 10-4
32. Outro - Medley
"Can't Stop - Keep Rockin' Kid"
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO #6253 - FORGOTTEN TOP 40!
This week's Memory Lane Show features two dozen Fabulous Forgotten
Top 40s - overlooked oldies that went high on the charts during
the glory days of the 45 RPM, but are largely forgotten or
overlooked today. Join host Lane Quigley for wonderful music,
informative interview clips, and a chance to revive some
1. Wait and See - Fats Domino 1957 #23
2. Haunted House - Jumpin' Gene Simmons 1964 #11
3. Shimmy Shimmy Koko Bop - Little Anthony & The Imperials 1959-60 #24
4. Talk That Talk - Jackie Wilson 1960 #34
5. Rip Van Winkle - The Devotions 1964 #36
6. Comin' On Strong - Brenda Lee 1966 #11
7. I Feel Good - Shirley & Lee 1957 #38
8. Win Your Love For Me - Sam Cooke 1958 #22
9. Hats Off To Larry - Del Shannon 1961 #5
10. The Ties That Bind - Brook Benton 1960 #37
11. Hully Gully Baby - The Dovells 1962 #25
12. What's Easy For Two Is Hard For One - Mary Wells 1963 #24
13. Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Elvis Presley 1958 #2
14. Princess - Frank Gari 1961 #30
15. That's How Heartaches Are Made - Baby Washington 1963 #40
16. Maybe Baby - The Crickets 1958 #17
17. Ain't Gonna Lie - Keith 1966 #39
18. R.M. Blues - Roy Milton 1946 #20
19. Don't Think Twice It's Alright - Wonder Who 1965 #12
20. Oh Little One - Jack Scott - 1960 #34
21. If I Had a Hammer - Trini Lopez 1963 #3
22. Alone - The Shepherd Sisters 1957 #18
23. Make Me Your Baby - Barbara Lewis 1965 #11
24. Could This Be Magic - The Dubs 1958 #23
TREVOR HYLAND'S ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6254
From his studios in Bendigo, Victoria Australia
Trevor is back on Rock-it Radio with great rockers
of the past.
Teddy Rock & R0ll, Rockabilly & Rock'N ' Roll from
Trevor Hyland & The Rock & Roll Dance Party.
Three tracks from Little Tina & The Flights for one of our ROCKIN" listeners.
Rockin' It Out from Trev's studios.
01. This Little Girls Gone Rockin' - Little Tina & The Flights
02. My Boy Elvis - Little Tina & The Flights
03. Let's Jump The Broomstick - Little Tina & The Flights
04. Ain't That A Pity - Cherry Tess & Her Rhythm Sparks
05. Lover Boy - Cherry Tess & Her Rhythm Sparks
06. Gotta Gimme Watchya Got - Cherry Tess & Her Rhythm Sparks
07. Bop Cat Boogie - The Bopcats
08. Hey Pretty Baby - The Bobcats
09. Boogie Bop Dame - Creepes & Drapes
10. I'm A Teddy Boy - Veron & The G.Is
11. Sweet Rock "N' Roller - Shakin Stevens
12. Miss Minnie Mouse - The Shades
13. Johnny Cake Mountain - Lyle Collins & The Rebel Aires
14. Glad To Be A Ted - Lou cifer & The Hellios
15. Good Joe - Lyle Collins
16. Teddy Boy R'N'R - Crazy Cavan
17. Gonna Rock & Roll - Boneville
18. 'Cause I'm A Teddy Boy - The Teencats
19. The Wheels Go Round - The Wild Angels
20. Mel Stevens - Rock 'N' Roll Revival
21. Little Susie - Ferrel Duncan & His Rockets
22. Big Boy Rock - Jack Baymoore & The Bandits
23. Boy Who Darred To Rock - Danny Reno
24. Driling Rig Boogie - Granny's Rooster
25. You Can Do No Wrong - The Fleabops
26. High Class Baby - Darel Higham
27. High Class Baby - Lennon Rockers
MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A
TRIBUTE TO R&B GREAT JIMMY COE ON ROCK-IT RADIO
The "Juke In The Back" is proud to feature Jimmy Coe, a great 1950s
saxophonist, bandleader and session man that is often ignored today.
Coe came up in the 1940s playing in renown bands including the
Jay McShann (at the same time as Charlie Parker) and the Tiny Bradshaw bands.
After the war, he settled in Indianapolis, playing clubs until hooking
up with vocalist Flo Garvin. He cut a record with her and one on his
own for King Records in 1952. Even though King insisted as listing Coe
as Jimmy Cole, he still caught the ear of The States Record Company.
His 3 singles for States are a shining example of great musicianship,
a solid groove and comedic talking blues. Coe and his group then played
on records by The Students, Ronnie Haig and The Five Stars. This week,
Matt The Cat moves the Jimmy Coe 78s from the back of the Juke and spotlights
a true unsung hero of Rhythm & Blues.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons & His Rhythm Kings - Mercury 1947
2. The Last Of The Good Rocking Men - The Four Jacks - Federal 1952
3. Glory Of Love - The Angels - Gee 1956
4. Let Me Keep You Warm - Flo Garvin w/ Jimmy Coe & His Orch - King 1952
5. Cole Tater - Jimmy Cole & His Orch - King 1952
6. I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good - Jimmy Cole & His Orch - King 1952
7. After Hour Joint - Jimmy Coe & His Gay Cats of Rhythm - States 1953
8. Baby I'm Gone - Jimmy Coe & His Gay Cats of Rhythm - States 1953
9. Raid On The After Hour Joint - Jimmy Coe & His Gay Cats of Rhythm - States 1954
10. He's All Right With Me - Jimmy Coe & His Gay Cats of Rhythm - States 1954
11. Run Jody Run - Jimmy Coe & His Gay Cats of Rhythm - States 1956
12. Country Blues - Jimmy Coe & The Cohorts - Note 1958
13. GREAT 78 - Everyday Of The Week - The Students - Checker 1958
14. Wazoo - Jimmy Coe & The Cohorts - Note 1958
15. Shuttle Stroll - Jimmy Coe & The Cohorts - Note 1958
16. Home On Alcatraz - Rolling Crew - Aladdin 1955
17. Cryin' Emma - Rolling Crew - Aladdin 1955
18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins & His Orch - Bluebird 1946
Click here to Reply
THE COOCH JOHN MINNECUCCI AND JOHN'S ATTIC OLDIES
SHOW IS ON DEMAND AT ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6256
John's Attic Show # 17 Classic R&B R&R RAB Doo Wop vocal groups
& blues songs & artists from the 40s 50s & a touch of the 60s.
Featuring Bill Doggett, Tommy Brown, Screamin Jay Hawkins, Andre Williams,
Sandman Howard & more.
1. Honky Tonk- Bill Doggett 1956
2. Honky Tonk- vocal Tommy Brown 1956
3.Take The Key- Richard Berry & Pharaohs 1956
4. Take My Heart- Paramounts 1959
5. Take Me Back To Heaven- Dominoes 1955
6. Take My Hand- Centuries 1955
7. All She Wants To Do Is Rock- Wynonie Harris 1949
8. Cinnamon Cinder- Pastel 6 1962
9.Constipation Blues- Screamin Jay Hawkins 1969
10. I Got You - James Brown 1965
11. Going Down To Tia Juana- Andre Williams 1955
12. Hoy Hoy- Little Johnny Jones 1953
13.Easy Lovin- Wade Flemons 1960
14. You Beling To Me- Patsy Cline 1962
15.Star Bright- String Beans 1963
16. Falling Star- Valquins 1959
17. Is It A Dream- Premiers 1957
18. Am I Fooling Myself Again- Frankie Lymon 1957
19. Been So Long- Pastels 1957
20. Let's dance Close Peter Jarette 1966
21. I'm Just a Lucky S0 7 So Ella Fitzgerald 1946
1. Long Gone- Sonny Thompson 1947
2. Get Out Of The Car- Richard Berry 1955
3. Little Queenie- Chuck Berry 1958
4. I Aint Gonna Be Your Monkey Man No More- Big 3 Trio 1949
5. Shoo Doo BeDoo- Moonlighters 1954
6. It's Only Make Believe- Conway Twitty 1958
7. Loose Caboose- Joe Weaver 1955
8. Down In Mexico- Coasters 1956
9 With My Eyes Wide Open I'm Dreaming- Patti Page 1950
10. Stop The Wedding- Etta James 1962
11. Mercy Mr.Percy- Varetta Dillard 1953
12. Lucille- Clyde McPhatter & Drifters 1954
13. Just Because- Lloyd Price 1957
14. Deserie Charts 1957
15. Sweet Peas In Love- Stereos 1959
16. You're Something Else- Jimmy Reed 1957
17. My Confession- Hollywood Flames 1956
18. Paradise Hill- Embers 1953
19. Cuttin Out- Sandman Howard
20. So Long- Ruth Brown 1949
ROCKIN DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6257
The Daddy O is back this week with great Rockabilly
music from today and yesterday. If you like Rockabilly
with high energy delivery this show is for you!
Here is the playlist.
1. Action Packed-Ronnie Dee(Dawson)
2. Long Gone Daddy-Pat Cupp & His Flyin' Saucers
3. Flying Saucer Rock 'n' Roll-Billy Lee Riley & His Little Green Men
4. Rocket Baby-Rocket J
5. Little Queenie-Chuck Berry
6. Black Shadow-Vince Ray's Loser Machine
7. Jeannie With The Dark Blue Eyes-Doug Powell
8. Savage Stomp-Screamin' Rebel Angels
9. Laura Rebel Angel Phone Interview
10. I Can't Help Myself-Colton Turner
11. Boppin' Bernie-Levi Dexter
12. Don't Look Know-Them
13. Heart Beat-Little Lesley & The Bloodshots
14. New England Shakeup In The Fall-The Doel Brothers
15. Duck Butt-Nate Gibson
16. Going Wild-Shaun Young & The Texas Blue Dots
17. Rockin' Daddy-The Greyhounds
18. Here She Comes-Colton Turner
19. Taco Party-The Raging Teens
20. Tip Toe Boogie-Bailey Dee
BACK TO BACK DADDY O WITH ROCKIN' DADDY O'S
ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON SHOW #6258
It's a high energy flashback to 50s Rock and Roll
Doo Wop Style in show #6258 with Rockin' Daddy O!
Here is the playlist.
1. People Will Say We're In Love-The Spaniels
2. Drip Drop-The Drifters
3. Darling-The Debonaires
4. Bohemian Daddy-The Marquis
5. Collegian-The Copesetics
6. That's My Desire-Dion & The Belmonts
7. Promise To Remember-Vicky Tafoya & The Big Beat
8. My Chinese Girl-The Five Discs
9. My Lonley Friend-The Continentals
10. Don't Say You're Sorry-Joel Katz & The Dynamics
11. Hands Off-Lil Mo & The Dynaflos
12. Rock Step-The 24th St. Wailers
13. Come Back-The Harmonaires
14. What Did She Say-The Solitaires
15. He's Gone-The Carvels NYC
16. Teenage Rock-Ronnie Jones & The Classmates
17. Rock 'N Roll Indian Dance-Little "Butchie" Saunders & His Buddies
18. Geraldine-Ole Miss Downbeats
19. Darling, Je Vous Aime Beaucoup-The Chateaus
20. A School Girl In Love-The Sharmeers
21. Can I Come Over-The Youngtones
22. Lonely Nights-The Hearts
OTTO FUCHS & ROCKIN' THE JOINT SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
SHOW #6259- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION & TRIBUTE TO
JERRY LEE LEWIS!!!!
On September 29th 2018 Jerry Lee Lewis - the Last Man Standing
of the Million Dollar Quartet which consisted of Elvis Presley,
Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash and certainly Jerry Lee Lewis -
is turning 83 years young.
Time to dedicate an entire Rockin´ The Jukejoint Show to The Killer.
DJ Otto Fuchs digs into the archives for some Jerry Lee Lewis gems
from Rock & Roll, Americana, Rockabilly, Honky Tonk or simply said
Jerry Lee Lewis Music.
For requests and feedback on this and upcoming Shows write to
01. The Pilgrim-Jerry Lee Lewis with Kris Kristofferson
02. Whole Lotta Shakin´ Goin´ On-Jerry Lee Lewis
03. Great Balls Of Fire-Jerry Lee Lewis
04. Rockin´ My Life Away-Jerry Lee Lewis
05. A Damn Good Country Song-Jerry Lee Lewis
06. Crazy Arms-Jerry Lee Lewis
07. Breathless-Jerry Lee Lewis
08. High School Confidential-Jerry Lee Lewis
09. Another Place, Another Time-Jerry Lee Lewis
10. What´s Made Milwaukee Famous? (Has Made A Looser Out Of Me)-Jerry Lee Lewis
11. Chantilly Lace-Jerry Lee Lewis
12. Walk A Mile In My Shoes-Jerry Lee Lewis
13. Rock & Roll Time-Jerry Lee Lewis
14. Don´t Put No Headstone On My Grave-Jerry Lee Lewis
15. Sunday Morning Coming Down-Jerry Lee Lewis
16. I Wish I Was 18 Again-Jerry Lee Lewis
17. Green, Green Grass Of Home-Jerry Lee Lewis
18. Help Me Make It Through The Night-Jerry Lee Lewis
19. Honky Tonk Rock & Roll Piano Man-Jerry Lee Lewis
20. I´ll Never Get Out Of This World Alive-Jerry Lee Lewis
21. Rock & Roll Funeral-Jerry Lee Lewis
22. Rockin´ Jerry Lee-Jerry Lee Lewis
23. Lost Highway-Jerry Lee Lewis with Delaney Bramlett
PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW HERE
ON ROCK-IT RADIO #6260
Pete is one of our veteran DJs here on the Rock-it
and his Doo Wop collection is quite extensive!
If you love Doo Wop Rock and Roll but in search
of more of the obscurities along with the standards
this show just might be for you.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982)
2. Recess in Heaven-The Five Boroughs (1991)
3. Mommy and Daddy-Patty & The Street-tones (1981)
4. Bristol Stomp-The Dovells (1961)
5. Please Say You Want Me-The Magic Moments (1999)
6. I'm Dreaming of You-The Fashions (xxxx)
7. Not Too Young to Get Married-Bob B. Soxx & The Blue Jeans (1963)
8. Daughter-The Blenders (1963)
9. Down the Aisle of Love-The Quintones (1958)
10. While Walking-The Fabulaires (1957)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Nutten in the Noggin-The Classics (1959)
12. If You Wanna Be Happy-Jimmy Soul (1963)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Jo Jo-The Dells (1956)
14. Tell the Truth-Ray Charles & The Raelettes (xxxx)
15. You-The Aquatones (1958)
16. Wait a Minute-Tim Tam & The Turn-Ons (1966)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Don't Run Away-Nino & The Ebbtides (1961)
18. School Rock-The Montagues (1958)
19. Real Pretty Mama-The Meadowlarks (1953)
20. Marlene-The Concords (1963)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. My Love is Beautiful-The Dukes (1956)
22. Cruise to the Moon-The Chaperones (1960)
23. Hey Pretty Baby-The Ladders (1958)
24. Sleepy Cowboy-The Five Sharps (1952)
25. I'm the Girl-The Chantels (1962)
26. Rock and Roll Lullabye-B. J. Thomas (1972)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
BILL GREEN & THE GIANT JUKEBOX WITH ROCK AND ROLL
RETROSPECTIVE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6261
Rock-it Radio DJ Bill Green returns to the airwaves with a super
selection of songs from his Giant Juke Box. The show kicks off
with a salute to Aretha Franklin. Bill also takes you on a
Rock 'n Roll hike, plays early Elvis, the Sweethearts of the Blues
and even gets a bit jazzy.
Hop onto Bill's Rock-it ride for all this and so much more. Blast off.
1) Respect - Aretha Franklin (1967)
2) (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone - Aretha Franklin (1968)
3) Share You're Love With Me - Aretha Franklin (1969)
4) Hi Heel Sneakers - Tommy Tucker (1964)
5) I Really Love You - The Stereos (1961)
6) Foot Stompin' - The Flares (1961)
7) Walking Along - The Solitaires (1957)
8) Walking Along - The Diamonds (1958)
9) Overall Junction - Albert King (1966)
10) I'm Ready For Love - Martha and the Vandellas (1966)
11) Feel So Good - Shirley And Lee (1955)
12) Shame, Shame, Shame (sample) - Shirley (and Company (1975a0
13) Hard To Believe - Leonard Lee (1961)
14) I'll Kiss Your Teardrops Away - The Laddins (1962)
15) Need To Belong - Jerry Butler (63/64)
16) Good Rockin[' Tonight - Elvis Presley (1954)
17) Every Night ( IPray} - The Chantels (1958)
18) Like Young - Andre Previn (1959)
19) Midnight In Moscow - Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen (1962)
20) Cast Your Fate To The Wind - Sounds Orchestral (1965)
21) Elusive Butterfly - Bob Lind (1966)
22) You Were Mine - The Fireflies (1959)
23) Remember Then - The Earls (62/63)
24) Have Mercy Baby- Billy Ward & The Dominos (1952)
25) Shake, Rattle and Roll - Joe Turner (1954)
AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH PT. 1 ROCK FROM THE 70S
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6262
This show is the first in a multi part look at "Rock" from
the 1970's. This music often is conflated with the "Disco Music"
of that decade and thus is unjustly regarded by many.
In actual fact Rock in the 70's was based on what had come
before during the 1950's and 60's and as well during that
time many sub genres of music either reached their peak or
were developed during this period including Country Rock,
Pop Rock, Hard Rock, Glam Rock, Art Rock and yes even Disco
as well as other forms.
Some but not all of these genres will be played over the next
The play list is short but album oriented tracks tended
to be long in the 1970's. It is as follows:
1. American Woman-The Guess Who 1970
2. What A Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers 1979
3. Rock'n Me-The Steve Miller Band 1976
4. We Are The Champions-Queen 1978
5. Black Magic Woman-Santana 1970
6. Lay Down Sally-Eric Clapton 1978
7. Ramblin' Man-The Allman Brothers 1973
8. Heard It In A Love Song-Marshall Tucker Band 1976
9. Say You Love Me-Fleetwood Mac 1975/76
10. Johnny B. Goode-The Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) 1973
11. Riders On The Storm-The Doors 1971
12. You Could Have Been A Lady-April Wine 1972
13. Best Of My Love-The Eagles 1974
14.Sister Golden Hair-America 1975
15. Cold As Ice-Foreigner 1977
16. It's So Easy-Linda Ronstadt 1977
MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE TO
LORRIE COLLINS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6263
You are missing some great rockers if you have never
really listened to the music of the Collins Kids.
A brother and sister duet that truly rocked in
Rockabilly fashion. This is a special tribute to
Lorrie Collins who passed away back in August.
Remembering Lorrie Collins...a tribute to one of the best
loved of the rockabilly ladies who passed away in August 2018.
1. Mercy - The Collins Kids 1958
2. Wildcat - The Collins Kids (Live)
3. Blue Moon of Kentucky - The Collins Kids (Air Check)
4. Make Him Behave - The Collins Kids (Air Check)
5. Heaven - The Collins Kids (Air Check)
6. Home of the Blues - Lorrie Collins 1961
7. Hop, Skip & Jump - The Collins Kids 1957
8. Hoy Hoy - The Collins Kids 1957
9 . Party - The Collins Kids 1957
10. Heartbeat - Lorrie Collins 1957
11. What'cha Gonna Do Now? - Lorries Collins 1961
12. Rock Boppin' Baby - The Collins Kids 1958
13. Sweet Talk - The Collins Kids 1958
14. Sugar Plum - The Collins Kids 1959
15. Kinda Like Love - The Collins Kids 1959
16. Are You Certain - The Collins Kids (Unissued)
17. That's Your Affair - Lorrie Collins 1960
18. Waiting Just For You - Lorrie Collins (Live)
19. Kokomo - The Collins Kids 1957 (Live)
20. Catfish Boogie - The Collins Kids 1957 (Live)
21. Hot Rod - The Collins Kids (Live)
22. I Was Looking Back To See - The Collins Kids (Live)
23. Oh Boy - The Collins Kids (Live)
24. Let The Good Times Roll - The Collins Kids (Live)
25. Young Heart - Lorrie Collins 1957
26. Bye Bye - Larry Collins 1957
DAVE THE RAVE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6264
If you love 60s Rock and Roll from the hits to the
misses the Relics and Rarities show is for you.
The Relics and Rarities show does not provide playlists
but it is 3 hours in length in 3 separate parts in our
program page of Rock-it Radio listed as show #6264.
To tune in just click to the speaker to the left of the
COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO
From a undisclosed location due to him cranking the
transmitter to a Million Watts! Cool Bobby B is back
on the Rock-it this week with 3 hours of great Doo Wop
music of the 50s and early 60s. And occasionally even
doo wop today! Let's get started with the playlist.
1. Rockin' with the Clock - Shirley and Lee
2. I'm in Love - Velvet Angels
3. Ready for your love - Shep & Limelites
4. It ain't nothing - Little Isidore & Inquisitors
5. 16 Candles - The Crests
6. Morse code of Love - The Capris
7. Heaven and Paradise - Don Julian & Meadowlarks
8. Another night alone - Janet Deane
9. Love Love Love - The Clovers
10. I'll be faithful - The Dreams
11. Love Call - The Ebonaires
12. Tell Tale Love - The Dolphins
13. Let's get married - The Belvederes
14. I can't pretend - 5 Crowns
15. Joan of Love - The Devilles
16. I believe - The Earls
17. Jelly Belly - Little Isidore & Inquisitors
18. When I'm with you - The Moonglows
19. What's so easy for tow is so hard for One - Mary Wells
20. I do - The Marvelows
21. For your precious Love - Kenny Vance & Planotones
22. I can't believe - Dino & The Diplomats
23. Twilight Time - The Platters
24. Rendezvous with you - Kid Kyle
25. Two People in the world - The Imperials
26. I thank the moon (accapella) - The Crests
27. Maybe - The Chantels
28. Elephant Walk - Donald Jenkins & Deliters
29. Please love me forever - Cathy Jean & Roommates
30. Again - The Universals
31. A 1000 Stars - Kathy Young & Innocents
32. Should I cry - The Concords
33. Would I love you - The Miracles
34. This Old Heart - The Monarchs
35. Sweeetheart, Please Don't go - Cosmo & The Sultans
36. Diamonds and Pearls - The Paradons
37. This is my love - The Passions
38. Sweetest One - The Crests
39. 11th Hour Melody - The Rivieras
40. Moonlight Cocktails - The Rivieras
41. Rainy Day Bells - The Globetrotters
42. Tell me - The Mastertones
43. Two Fools Are We - Don and Juan
44. For your precious Love - Jerry Butler & Impressions
45. Back to School - Jerry Blavat
46. I found my love - Dick and The Halos
47. Wishing Ring - 5 Satins
48. I'll never pass this way again - The Duprees
49. Baby Doll - The Excels
50. Shifting Sands - The Rajahs (Nutmegs)
51. One Question - The Playboys
52. My Heart's desire - The Avalons
53. Heaven Above me - The Jets
54. We went away - Dion & The Belmonts
55. So long friend - Dion
56. Goodnight Baby - The Imaginations
DJ BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL RETRIBUTION
CELEBRATES 10 YEARS ON ROCK-IT RADIO IN SHOW #6233
Rock 'n Roll Retrospective with host Bill Green is celebrating
ten years here on Rock-it Radio. To salute this milestone
Bill presents part 2 of his theme show special. All of the songs
represent different themes used by Bill over the past decade.
However, none of these tunes appeared on the original theme
playlist so it's all 'new' material. Can you guess what each theme is?
Don't guess. Take a listen and hear for yourself.
1) Strollin' With Bones - T-Bone Walker (1950)
2) Early In The Morning - Bobby Darin (1958)
3) Save Your Heart For Me - Gary Lewis & The Playboys (1965)
4) California Dreaming - Mamas and the Papas (1966)
5) Shangri-La - The Four Coins (1957)
6) Shangri-La - Robert Maxwell His Harp & Orchestra (1964)
7) Tramp - Otis and Carla (1967)
8) Bitter Dreams - The Strollers (1957)
9) Open The Door To Your Heart - Darrell Banks (1966)
10) Somebody (Somewhere) Needs You (1966)
11) La Bamba - Ritchie Valens (1959)
12) He Will Break Your Heart - Jerry Butler (1960)
13) Rocket 88 - Jackie Brenston (1951)
14) Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard (1958)
15) You Need Love Like I Do (Don't You) 1970)
16) Oh Julie - The Crecendos (1958)
17) Down In The Alley - The Clovers (1957)
18) Down In The Alley - Elvis Presley (1966)
19) This I Swear - The Skyliners (1959)
20) So Fine - The Fiestas (1959)
21) A Thousand Miles Away - The Heartbeats (56/57)
22) Daddy's Home - Shep and the Limelites (1961)
23) You Got Me Hummiin - Cold Blood (1970)
JAMMIN JAMES RILEY AND ROCKABILLY N BLUES RADIO
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6266 TRIPLE PLAY!!!
From his studios in Nashville, Tennessee Jammin'
James Riley puts together one great Rockin' Rockabilly
and Blues show for our listeners here at Rock-it Radio.
Here is the playlist.
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #1
1. Danger Road- The Hicksville Bombers
2. My Little Muck Muck- Bloodshot Bill with the 188.8.131.52's
3. Why Did You Bother Me At All- Kyle Eldridge & The Rhythm Rounders
4. My Mind- Little Victor
5. Baby's Gonna Rock & Roll- Miss Lily Moe
6. I Can't Help Myself- Colton Turner
7. Crawfish & Cowboys- Johnny Angel
8. Wolf Trash- Greasemarks
9. Party Line- The Surfrajettes
10. Malibu Run- Black Flamingos
11. Mercy Mercy- Fatboy
12. Rockin' In Memphis- Mario Monterosso
13. Drip Drop- The Drifters
14. Carol- Chuck Berry
15. Little Star- The Elegants
16. Lawdy Miss Clawdy- Dave Alvin & Jimmie Dale Gilmore
17. Hog Wild- The Honkabillies
18. Wham Bam- Don Rich & The Buckaroos
19. Throw Down- Slapback Johnny
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #2
1. Heartbeats- Vince & The Sun Boppers
2. Silent Partner- Big Sandy & Los Straitjackets
3. You Can Do No Wrong- Cat Lee King & His Cocks
4. He Can Rock- Billie & The Kids
5. Freight Train- Ray Collins' Hot Club
6. Dont'cha Break My Heart- Faye Reis
7. Recipe For Agony- Crystal & Runnin' Wild
8. Doggone It- Joe Clay
9. Crackerjack- Levi & The Ripchords
10. Sixteen Chicks- The Road Kings
11. Lucille- King Leg
12. Lonesome Tears In My Eyes- Rocky Burnette with Darrel Higham
13. I'm Mad- Willie Mabon
14. Help Me Somebody- The 5 Royales
15. Hound Dog- Big Mama Thornton
16. Johnny Cash Is Dead & His House Burned Down- Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers
17. Devil Heard Me Coming- Cherry Divine
18. Am I Blue- Eddie Cochran
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #3
1. Good Disguise- The Delta Bombers
2. Boomerang- Buzz & The Flyers
3. Jack I'm Mellow- Asleep At The Wheel
4. The Mill- Johnny Bach & The Moonshine Boozers
5. Definitely Ain't Got The Money- John Lewis & His Trio
6. Heartbreak Radio- Roy Orbison
7. Big Baby- Tammi Savoy & The Chris Casello Combo
8. Look At Me- Shaun Young & The Texas Blue Dots
9. Flat Get It- Kyle Eldridge & The Rhythm Rounders
10. Ramrod- Duane Eddy (Ford Records version)
11. Mash Potato Party- The Primitive Finks
12. Number One Lovin' Man- Jerry Lee Lewis
13. Cry Cry Cry- Ritchie Valens
14. Come On, Let's Go- Dion
15. Ooh, My Head- Los Lobos
16. Ballin' Jack- Three Blue Teardrops
17. You Don't Care- RvB
18. Model A- Wild Wax Combo
19. Slippin' & Slidin'- Wanda Jackson
BILL GREEN'S ROCK AND ROLL RETROSPECTIVE
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL ON ROCK-IT RADIO #6267
Halloween. It's the most scariest time of the year. And that
means it's time once again for our Halloween Special hosted
by Rock-it Radio DJ Bill Green.
Get ready for ghouls, ghosts, goblins and a scary good time
with a variety of songs of the season. So put on your favorite
Halloween costume and Trick or Treat with Bill exclusively here on
1) Legend of Sleepy Hollow - The Monotones (1958)
2) Witch Queen Of New Orleans - Redbone (1971)
3) Monster Mash - Bobby 'Boris' Pickett (1962)
4) Bo Meets The Monster - Bo Diddley (1958)
5) The Shadow Knows - The Coasters (1958)
6) Miss Frankenstein - George Jackson And The Unisons (1962)
7) My Satellite - Jesse Belvin And The Space Riders (1957)
8) Look For A Star - Gary Miles (1960)
9) I Put A Spell On You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins (1956)
10) Scary Tales - John Zacherle (1962)
11) The Bat - John Zacherle (1962)
12) Haunted House - Gene Simmons (1964)
13) Don't Open The Grave _ The Val-Doros (1956)
14) Flip Top Box - Dicky Doo And The Don'ts (1958)
15) Swamp Witch - Jim Stafford (1973)
16) Voodoo Voodoo - Lavern Baker (1961)
17) Voodoo Woman - Bobby Goldsboro (1965)
18) Midnight Moan - Hasil Adkins (1987)
19) Ju Ju Hand - Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs (1965)
20) Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1969)
21) Midnight Stroll - The Revels (1959)
22) Witch Doctor - David Saville (1958)
23) Witchcraft - The Spiders (1955)
24) Trick Or Treat - Otis Redding (1966)
25) Peculiar Feeling - Nick Moss & The Flip Tops (2008)
HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more --
We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it
Radio. You can find it at:
|LOOK SWELL !!! AND BE COOL IN YOUR OWN |
ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRT!
Have you seen the new full line of Rock-it Radio T shirts that have been
Released. 3 New designs by Rock-it Radio's own Jammin' Jan.
Each Rock-it Radio T shirt is only $16.00 each plus shipping. And 100% of All monies goes to keeping Rock-it Radio Online.
Come check out the latest styles.:
Check Website for updates and availability
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 17 October, 2018
This week in our archives page:
This week: Being Halloween coming up we are doing
Bobby Pickett and Monster Mash video from American Bandstand.
SPECIAL OCTOBER 2018 GIVEAWAY
DJ DAVE LEE TRAVIS
FINAL LEGITIMATE BROADCAST
OF OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO CAROLINE
14 JULY, 1967
Offshore Pirate Radio just anchored off in International Waters
was a very interesting commercial radio venture. Playing Rock and Roll
music to the kids of the UK at the time. Where the BBC only had a hour
show a week feature Rock and Roll. Radio Caroline
(named after Caroline Kennedy - JFK's Daughter) was spinning the best of
Rock from the UK and in the U.S. and we are sending one of the last hour's
of Radio Caroline before UK Parliament passed the Marine Offenses Act
making these broadcasts illegal. But that didn't stop them immediately!
This is our giveaway and filled with mid 60s rock and original nostalgic ads.
If you wish to view the playlist check out the listing in our Ebay store at:
BUT DON'T BUY IT! Get another Rock-it Radio product
from the sites below and we will send you this CD
for FREE. You can shop at the following Rock-it
- it's yours Free with every order from the month of August 2018! from the following
The Rock-it Radio Launching Pad:
Wolfman Jack Shows.
Rock-it Radio Shows:
or our new service of Rock-it Radio shows
Or our 50 Rock it Radio shows on Flashdrive at:
Any order from any of those sites in April you will
get this CD for FREE!
NEW RELEASE -- FLASHDRIVE OF ROCK-IT RADIO
SHOWS #6201 TO #6250. OUR 17TH FLASHDRIVE
NEW RELEASE!!!!! ROCK-IT RADIO FLASHDRIVE #17!!
This is the best buy to collect Rock-it Radio
shows. The CD's of each show costs $9.50 each
but here you get 50 of Rock-it Radio shows for
less then $40.00 U.S.
This includes over 75 hours of Rock-it Radio oldies
programming from shows #6201 to #6250. The Flashdrive
features all these shows in their entirety in mp3 format
in studio quality and just plug into your computer
and Rock-it Away!!!! Check out #17 and it's playlist
via our Flashdrive page at
or in our Ebay Store listed as:
MORE EBAY WOES FOR ROCK-IT RADIO -- CHANGE IN
POLICY OF EBAY DELAYS PRODUCTION OF EVERYTHING ELSE.
Well just when you think things are getting good
on Ebay and our online store. Suddenly all of our
listings disappear. All 900 of them, we have slowly been
replacing them. But last month ebay started the no links
on your ebay item unless it is from a secure connection.
(https). A good idea but it meant Ebay removing all
our items. And sales have plummeted 70+%
We are about 1/2 way done listing everything again. And
we do still have everything in stock if you can't find it.
If you are looking for a specific item please let me know
and e mail me at email@example.com and you can still
send you a invoice with the same 100% money back guarantee
on all Rock-it Radio products.
ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER'S
VINTAGE BROADCASTS ON FLASHDRIVE
It's hard to believe but we realize that perhaps our
declining sales is due to Compact Discs are a
aging medium. And Flashdrives And digital is where it's
at. If you would prefer to
have Rock-it Radio shows and vintage radio shows that we
offer for sale on Flashdrive in mp3 format rather then
on CD we can provide that service here at Rock-it Radio.
Here it is how it works:
1. E mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me
know what shows you would like to have on Flashdrive.
Let's make it a minimum of 3 broadcasts. Either any
Rock-it Radio show .... or Vintage Radio Show from the
50s through 70s that we offer at:
2. The Cost: Flashdrive will cost $5.00 and each show
that you wish to have will cost $5.00 - nearly 50% CHEAPER then on
3. I will send you back a invoice within a couple of days, It will be
sent via paypal and it is not obligatory. If you change your mind
just don't pay. But it is easy to pay with any major credit card.
4. Please allow up to 7 days for me to fill the order. Once payment
is sent. In case I get swamped with this offer. Probably sooner.
I have to redigitalize all sold shows into MP3 and that takes a little
bit of time. All orders will have $3.00 postage a slight increase but
that is due to it is shipped as a package and not envelope since it will
be over a 1/4" thick.
For example you order: 3 of our Alan Freed Radio shows. And a Real Don
Steele show. A total of 4 shows - That would normally be a cost of $40.00
on CD. All together on one flashdrive so the invoice would look like
- Flashdrive $5.00
- Four Shows on Flashdrive @ $5.00 each - $20.00
- shipping $3.00
Of course if you order more shows on the flashdrive you would continue saving
as you are paying the $5.00 per show rather then $9.50.
And of course we will be adding the monthly giveaway as well.
So for a invoice again just e mail me your wants on your flashdrive for
shows on mp3 at: email@example.com
Also, check out this offer again at:
|PRIZES TO BE HANDED OUT FOR THE 20TH ANNUAL|
EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE.
DRAWING & PRIZES GIVEN OUT FOR THE 20TH ANNUAL
EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST SHOWDOWN
We have been notified of the winner's of the 20th
Annual East Vs. West Oldies Battle. And here is what
they have won....
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show;
and their choice of 5 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store
Plus! A Rock-it Radio Flashdrive of 600! Rock-it Radio Programs on it.
A giant 16 gb. Flashdrive filled with these shows and a Rock-it Store
value of nearly $500.00
And a copy of this show on CD. And a Rock-it Radio Bumper Sticker.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; and their choice
of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at:
And a copy of this show on CD. And a Rock-it Radio Bumper Sticker.
3rd Place: A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the
Rock-it Store. And a vintage Radio show of their choice from the
Rock-it Radio Lauching Pad Store. And a Rock-it Radio Bumper Sticker.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show.
And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast of their choice.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENERS!
1ST PLACE -- firstname.lastname@example.org
2ND PLACE -- email@example.com
3RD PLACE -- firstname.lastname@example.org
4TH PLACE -- email@example.com
5TH PLACE -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners please contact me at email@example.com at the station
here with your mailing address and we will get those prized mailed
off to you.
A Big thank you to everyone that partook in this year's East Coast vs.
West Coast Oldies Battle. The voting results was put in the previous
newsletter. You can see past newsletter at:
|COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA|
What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans.
Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
REMEMBERING OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO IN THE UK
In the mid 1960s it was difficult for the youth to actually listen to Rock and Roll in the UK.
The BBC actually ran only a few hours a weekend to provide the young Brits with this outlet.
At night during the week they ventured to even tune into Radio Luxembourg to get there fill,
that broadcast rock and pop around the clock.
To fill this void some venture capitalists decided to bring in commercial radio aboard refitted
radio ships. And anchor themselves just off into International waters off the English coast.
Radio Caroline (named after Caroline Kennedy the U.S. President's daughter at the time)
and Radio London being the most famous. Rock-it Radio has a website dedicated to their ventures
and also have actual radio broadcasts available of
these offshore pirates.We invite you to check them out our webpage at:
|VINTAGE ALAN FREED RADIO BROADCASTS AVAILABLE|
THRU THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD.
No DJ represents 50s rock and roll then that of
The Late Great Alan Freed. He truly was Mr. Rock & Roll.
And a icon in broadcasting. Rock-it Radio is blessed
enough to have actual radio broadcasts uncut and unedited
of some of these 50s shows. Here is a list and
ebay links of what we have available, with the Ebay
1. Ultra Rare Broadcasts of Alan Freed.
2. Alan Freed over WINS New York City from 5 March, 1955
3. Alan Freed over WINS New York City from 23 March, 1955
Rock and Roll Dance Party Show.
4. Alan Freed Rock & Roll Dance Party plus more from 1956
5. Alan Freed After School Rock and Roll Show from 27 Jan. 1957
over WINS New York City!
6. Alan Freed over WINS New York Rock and Roll Dance Party from
10 June, 1957.
7. Alan Freed over WABC New York City from 5 November, 1959
Just a couple of weeks before the Payola scandal breaks out.
100% of sales of these shows goes to supporting and maintaining
Rock-it Radio. The shows are remastered onto Compact Disc for
modern day convenience. And are less then $10 U.S. each and we
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the popular
'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio'
will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that
I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Rock-it Radio listed.
Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at:
ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK ?? FOLLOW THE LATEST AT
ROCK-IT RADIO AND OUR LATEST VINTAGE BROADCAST RELEASES.
Rock-it Radio has 2 Facebook pages. One for our programming
online and notifications, and the other is for our vintage
broadcast shows for sale.
The Online Station is http://www.facebook.com/rockitface
For the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad and our latest deals and
releases you can follow us at: http://www.facebook.com/rockitpad
|MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??|
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PAGE...
Remember you can check out all the Rock-it Radio DJ's
and read the bios of these DJ's that make these
Rock-it Radio Shows possible at:
And don't forget for even more pictures --
there is our picture page at:
IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our
updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start
scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
We are in our 22nd year!!! Please share the good news with your
family and friends that love original Oldies Music - We are back and
Rockin' with new shows in our program page at
Just click the MP3 speaker to the show that has your musical interest!
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from September 15, 2018 to October 17, 2018
We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides
and our playlists and information that our weekly newsletter
provides. Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or
future ideas is always welcome and you can e mail me personally at:
Carol Kearns - Milford, New Hampshire USA
Canadian Debb - Canada
Philipp Attila - Australia
Tom Fugate - W. Carrollton, Ohio USA
We have gained 127 new likes in our listeners club
in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at:
http://facebook.com/rockitface and 11 more following us
on Twitter @Rockitradio1 .
We have added a total of 142 new members to the Rock-it Radio
Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 93,676 exactly
that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
We hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's
Rock and Roll, Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial
oldies radio stations have forgotten) that we are able to play
for you from Rock-it Radio. Remember, we are here for you!
So if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and
suggestions we always love to hear from our listeners.
Our e mail address is:
To learn more about the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club and our Free
Newsletter please check out:
It's free and easy to join and the Rock-it Radio Newsletter is always
online at: http://www.rockitradio.net/newsletter.html
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music
of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this
music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please
share the information of this station. And if you have
a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio
link on your page.
There are a few to choose from in our link page at:
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only
$9.50 U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at
the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order
one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail.
Instructions where to send payment is at our webpage:
If you are a member of paypal (http://www.paypal.com) you can e mail directly
and let me know via e mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) what shows you would
like we can send you a paypal invoice within 24 hours.
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you
help keep these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
And at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but actually
some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at Rock-it Radio.
|TOP 25 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD |
FOR October 17, 2018
HERE IT IS !!! The Top 25 Countdown from the Rock-it
Radio Launching Pad http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts -
Where you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements -
uncut and unedited just like you would of heard it back then.
Here are the top sellers this week.
1. Rock-it Radio Shows #5701 to #5750 Flashdrive
2. Rock-it Radio shows #6051-6100 on Flashdrive
3. RIR #168 - Dan Ingram WABC New York 7/22/1967
4. RIR #644 - Dan Ingram WABC New York 6/12/1964
5. RIR #426 - Dan Ingram WABC New York 7/4/1968
6. RIR #594 - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978
7. RIR #181 - Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito, Mexico 12/8/1967
8. RIR #516 - Dick Biondi WCFL Chicago 10/3/1967
9. RIR #646 - Larry Lujack WLS Chicago 8/8/1970
10. RIR #495 - John R WLAC Nashville 1967 R&B countdown
11. RIR #396 - Humble Harv KHJ Los Angeles 9/28/1968
12. RIR #410 - Dr. Don Rose KFRC San Francisco 4/4/1974
13. RIR #393 - John Lennon as DJ at WNEW New York 1974
14. RIR #539 - Cousin Brucie WABC NEW YORK 9/7/1965
15. RIR #267 - Arnie woo woo Ginsburg WMEX Boston 12/12/1965
16. RIR #179 - Jocko Henderson WOV New York 6/10/1957
17. RIR #497 - Larry Lujack WLS Chicago 10/17/1978
18. RIR #541 - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 1/31/1978
19. RIR #466 - 3 vintage Beatles interviews 1960s.
20. RIR #176 - Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960
21. RIR #114 - Alan Freed WABC New York 11/5/1959
22. RIR #386 - Charlie Tuna - KHJ Los Angeles 2/23/1969
23. RIR #171 - Peter Tripp WMGM New York 1/1/1960
24. RIR #436 - Pat Sajack Armed Forces Vietnam Network 3/17/1969
25. RIR #222 - Ron Britain WCFL Chicago 5/31/1970
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out
our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
or in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html (listed by date)
and in the upper left hand corner -
there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name or
Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of
these broadcasts is what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank
you again to everyone that buys these!============================================
REQUEST A ROCK-IT RADIO STORE CATALOG
If you don't like ordering online but still want to have some
of the vintage radio shows from the 50s through the 70s - We
understand that. That is why we still take mail orders. You can
actually save money also in our orders if you use our coupon that
comes with every catalog - That will give your order a 25% discount!
If you would like a Rock-it Radio catalog that lists over 500 rare and rockin' radio shows with famous DJs when Radio was truly radio! Just e mail us
your mailing address and we will send it out straight away!
Our E mail address is: email@example.com
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite
you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further
Come tune into the World on your computer!
1000s of stations around the world now broadcast online. We have a
link to some of the internet top directories to help you find these stations.
Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom
of the list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory.
And currently we can only afford the
latest shows online here at Rock-it Radio.
So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio
archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in
OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations
Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska
with our very own Debbie Snowdove!
Well that is just about it for this newsletter and playlists of our latest
shows. We hope that you enjoy them.
We will do our best to keep these shows on for at least 14
days and hopefully 21 days.
All the best always,
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org