As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
We should be experiencing the change of seasons fairly soon, as we are doing our first newsletter for September. We have 17 new shows in our playlist since our last newsletter, and we have released our 23rd Flash Drive of 50 Rock-it Radio shows featuring shows #6501 to #6550. Information on that further down in our newsletter and we still are featuring our Alan Freed broadcast on CD as our FREE giveaway for September. So, Let's get started!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed. Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
WE COULD REALLY !!! USE YOUR SUPPORT
Rock-it Radio is 100% Publicly supported. But when you donate to the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad - we give you a vintage broadcast of your choice. 100% of all sales from the Rock-it Radio Store (Launching Pad) goes back to pay copyright fees, LLC taxes, Internet and bandwidth costs of Rock-it Radio. Without your support we would not exist. So. please consider a purchase at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
=============================================== NOTE: ALL SHOWS BELOW CAN BE FOUND IN OUR PROGRAM WEBPAGE - TO TUNE IN CLICK TO SPEAKER OF THE SHOW YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO. EITHER MP3 OR REAL PLAYER. BOTH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED. AT: HTTP://WWW.ROCKITRADIO.NET/PROGRAMS.HTML
================================================= PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6545
This edition of the Oldies Show spins a slew of tunes that incorporate animals of all types into the song themes. The playlist includes an early mono-recording by the Stones, an early Fleetwood Mac rocker, Cat Stevens' first single release, and a whacky track from Ogden Edsl (short for The Ogden Edsl Wahalia Blues Ensemble Mondo Bizzario Band.) Grab a furry friend and enjoy.
PLAYLIST - Papa Walt's Oldies Show #42: Animal Rock
1. At the Zoo - Simon & Garfunkel (1967) 2. Little Red Rooster - The Rolling Stones (1964) 3. The Cat in the Window - Petula Clark (1967) 4. Octopus's Garden - The Beatles (1969) 5. Rattlesnake Shake - Fleetwood Mac (1969) 6. Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter, Paul & Mary (1963) 7. Alligator Wine - Screamin' Jay Hawkins (1958) 8. I Love My Dog - Cat Stevens (1966) 9. Muskrat Love - Captain & Tennille (1976) 10. The Fox - Ylvis (2013) 11. Porcupine Pie - Neil Diamond (1972) 12. The Lion Sleeps Tonight - The Tokens (1961) 13. Piggies - The Beatles (1968) 14. Wildfire - Michael Martin Murphey (1975) 15. White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane (1967) 16. Dead Skunk - Loudon Wainwright III (1972) 17. Blackbird - The Beatles (1968) 18. Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon (1978) 19. Dead Puppies - Odgen Edsl (1977) 20. Wooly Bully - Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs (1965) 21. Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport - Rolf Harris (1960) 22. Signifying Monkey - Smokey Joe Baugh (1955) 23. Dog and Butterfly - Heart (1979)
================================================= GARY K'S VINTAGE VINYL TREASURE CHEST SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SOW #6546
Gary K the Rockin' Mailman is back this week with the Vintage Vinyl Treasure Chest with Part 2 of songs featuring those Flippin' 45's an focus on the B sides.
1 Right or Wrong- Wanda Jackson - 1961 2 Funnel of Love 3 A Little Bit Now - Majors - 1962 4 She's a Troublemaker 5 Raining in My Heart - Slim Harpo - 1961 6 Don't Start Cryin' Now 7 The Watusi - Vibrations - 1961 8 Wallflower 9 Crying Over You - Dave Clark Five - 1965 10 Anyway You Want It 11 So Close to Heaven - Ral Donner - 1961 12 You Don't Know What You've Got 13 Livin' Lovin' Wreck - Jerry Lee Lewis - 1961 14 What'd I Say 15 Am I the Guy - Tony Orlando - 1961 16 Bless You 17 True or False - True Taylor - 1958 18 Teen Age Fool 19 True True Lovin' - Cliff Richard/Shadows - 1964 20 Bachelor Boy 21 Walk Right Back - Everly Brothers - 1961 22 Ebony Eyes - 23 Forgive Me My Love - Guy Marks - 1968 24 Loving You Has Made Me Bananas 25 Will You LOve Me Tomorrow - Shirelles - 1961 26 Boys - Closing Song 27 That's All She Wrote - Rick Nelson - 1963
================================================= BILL ROBERTS AND THE LITTLE BOSS MAN SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6547
PART I - JUMPIN' JIVE BEEHIVE SHOW
if you dig Rockin' Boogie, Rockabilly Bangers and Party Shouters, Rare Wild Crazy Sounds that you have'nt heard before, I'd like to invite you to listen to this Show. I've picked out some real cool sounds to help you get thru these hot, muggy summer days.I broadcast my Show from the West Coast, Southern California and I'd like to say it's my pleasure to present this music for your entertainment and listening pleasure of the many loyal Rockitradio listeners.
01 Watermellon Man-Mongo Santamaria 02 WPLJ-Mothers of Invention (Frank Zappa) 03 We Got A Party-Party Boys 04. Party Lights-Claudine Clark 05. Cat Squirell-Doctor Ross 06. Voodoo-Red Callendar Group 07. Bobby Sox Baby-Slim Harpo 08. Love Me Like Crazy-Doc Starkes 09. Alley Cat-Walter Brown Group. 10. Talk To me Baby-Table Toppers 11. Gin and Coccunut Milk-Wilbert Harrison 12. Well All Right-Big Joe Turner 13. Hey Little Girl-Roy Young 14. Hey Spo-Dee-O-Dee-Wild Bill Moore 15. Twirl-Little Luther 16. Let's Go Skinny Dippin'-Hank Ballard 17. Don't Monkey With Tarzan-Pygmies Inst. 18. Cool Cat-Willie Headen 19. Willow Tree Blues-Walter Howard 20. Whatcha Gonna Do-Clyde McPhatter 21. Ain't That Lovin' You Baby-Jimmy Reed 22. It's Your VooDoo Workin'-Marcel Bontempi
PART II - KILLER DOO WOPS
The Little Bossman Shows OriginateS from Southern California and is Dedicated to the Preservation of Doo Wop VINYl Recordings. Have you seen the Bumper Stickers , Going Around that state "Only Real DJ's Play Vynal" Well I'm Proud to Say, I'm Honered to Cary on this Tradition. So I'd Like To Invite You and your Family and Friends To Check Out My Latest Shows...Featureing some Two-Sided Killer Do Wops as well as some Follow-Up releases to Mega-Hit Songs By Artists You'll Reconize..These Songs never quite made the Charts, But Nevertheless Deserve To Be Heard. I Have these and More.....Enjoy!
01 Little Girl of Mine-Electra's 02 Dad is Home-Lynn Tatte/Comets 03 I Really Love You-Danleers 04 Some People Think-Capris 05 I'm Just a Fool-Little Mason 06 Darling-The Dubs 07 Waited So Long-Mascots 08 You Walked Out-Arcados ($8000) 09 This Love Was Real-Showcases 10 When You Dance-Turbans 11 Let Me Show You-Turbans 12 I Found Out-Jackie/Starlites 13 Valerie-Jiving Juniors 14 Somewhere, Somehow-Duane Calvert 15 My Baby Loves Me-Five Discs 16 Our Love is Over-Tony/Raindrops 17 So Real-Arlene Smith/Chantels 18 God Knows-Robert & Johnnie 19 Les Qua-Majors 20 I'm Sorry Your Gone-E Lewis/Channels 21 Dear Lord-Earl Lewis-Channels
================================================= AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH PART I OF A TRIBUTE TO ARETHA FRANKLIN ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6548
This show is the first in a three part series paying tribute to "The Queen of Soul" Aretha Franklin. She passed on August 16th 2018.. Her like will not be seen again. In her indelible 1960's hits she brought the righteous fervour of Gospel Music to secular songs that were about much more than romance. Hits like "Do Right Woman...Do Right Man", "Think", (You Make Me Fee) Like A Natural Woman and "Chain Of Fools" defined a modern female archetype, sensual and strong, long suffering, but ultimately indomitable, loving BUT not to be taken for granted. All of these hits and much more will be heard during these shows. The first show features an overview of her work as well as showcasing her very first recordings in 1956 when she was only 14 years old. The story of her career will be told as well over this and the succeeding two shows. The play list is short but some tracks are exceedingly long. They are as follows:
1. Bridge Over Troubled Water-Aretha Franklin 1971 2. Don't Play That Song-Aretha Franklin 1971 3. Today I Sing The Blues-Aretha Franklin 1969 4. Tracks Of My Tears-Aretha Franklin 1969 5. While The Blood Runs Warm-Aretha Franklin 1956 6. Precious Lord(Part One)-Aretha Franklin 1956 7. Niki Hoeky-Aretha Franklin 1968 8. Chain Of Fools-Aretha Franklin 1968 9. Won't Be Long-Aretha Franklin 1961 10. Freeway Of Love-Aretha Franklin 1985 11. Satisfaction-Aretha Franklin 1968 12. Groovin'-Aretha Franklin 1968 13. Night Time Is The Right Time-Aretha Franklin 1968 14. Amazing Grace-Aretha Franklin 1972 15. It Ain't Fair-Aretha Franklin 1969
================================================= GLEN FISHER DOO WOP REVIVAL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6549
Glen is back this week with another exciting and fun set of 50s and early 60s Doo Wop Rock and Roll. Here is the playlist.
I'll take you for a ride in my time machine for the best in Doo Wop, Acappella and a little mix of Soul. We'll revive the obscure and sprinkle in a mix of the classics. It's the best music ever put to wax and together we are keeping this great music alive.
1. Do You Love Me--The Contours 1962 2. On Your Radio--Richard Lanham 1957 3. This Is My Story--The Valentines 1965 4. Canadian Sunset-Vibrations 1966 5. Don't You Know--Rico & The Ravens 1965 6. Daddy's Home--49th Street 2000 7. I'm So Happy (Tra-La-La-La-La-La)--Lewis Lymon & The Teenchords 1957 8. Bonnie---The Dal Tones 1958 9. Barbara-Ann--The Regents 1961 10. Won't You Tell Me My Heart--Bill Baker and The Chestnuts 1959 11. Long Lonely Nights--Lee Andrews & The Hearts 1957 12. I Wonder Why--Dion & The Belmonts 1958 13. Troubles--Dino & The Heartspinners 1974 14. Love Call-Ebonaires 1959 15. Oh Julie--Otis Williams and His Charms 1957 16. My Last Request--Casanovas 1961 17. She Is Mine-Bluenotes 1960 18. Guided Missiles--The Cuff Links 1956 19. The Great Pretender--The Platters 1955 20. Goodnight--3rd Edition 2000
================================================= MICKEY BO AND THE ROCK 'N' ROLL REVUE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6550
As you travel to your summer destination, listen to MICKEY BO'S ROCK 'N' ROLL REVUE for an hour of music for the occasion. You'll hear oldies about travel and some interesting destinations. So get packed and ready to split!
MICKEY BO'S ROCK 'N' ROLL REVUE brings you another hour of boomer oldies from the '50s-early '60s with an occasional vintage late '40s pre-rock R&B goodie thrown in. Check the playlist and ask yourself, "Is there anything else more important to do right now?"
1. Jim Dandy - LaVern Baker 2. Susie Darlin' - Robin Luke 3. I Believe To My Soul - Ray Charles 4. Most Of All - The Moonglows 5. She's Gone - The Dozier Boys 6. Diddy Wah Diddy - Bo Diddley 7. Do-Wah Diddy - The Exciters 8. Be-Bop-A-Lula - Gene Vincent 9. Swingin' Daddy - Buddy Knox 10. Please Love Me Forever - Cathy Jean & The Roommates 11. Break Away (From That Boy) - The Newbeats 12. Tell Him No - Travis & Bob 13. What's Your Name - Don & Juan 14. Who's That Knocking - The Genies 15. Yeh, Yeh - Georgie Fame & The Blue Flames 16. Sag, Drag And Fall - Sid King & The Five Strings 17. Blues Stay Away From Me - The Delmore Brothers 18. Everybody - Tommy Roe 19. Find Another Girl - Jerry Butler 20. Cooking Catfish - Roy Perkins
================================================= ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6551
Rockin' Daddy O is Back! and this time with another great set of 50s and early 60s Doo Wop Rock and Roll favorites and some rarities. Here is this shows playlist.... and you will hear when you go to our archived program website and click that sound meter to the left hand side to this show.
1. Never Let You Go-The Five Discs 2. Peppermint Stick-The Elchords 3. Bohemian Daddy-The Marquis 4. Wow Wow Baby-The Searchers 5. Voodoo Voodoo=Tammi Savoy & The Chris Casello Combo 6. Your Cash Ain't Nothin' But Trash-The Clovers 7. Never Let Go-Vicky Tafoya & The Big Beat 8. Why Should I Love You-The Harptones 9. When I Woke Up This Morning-The Bop-Chords 10. Honking At Midnight-Frank Motley & His Motley Crew 11. Service With A Smile-The Kuf-Linx featuring John Jennings 12. What Makes You Do (The Things That You Do)-The Wrens 13. Please Play My Song=The Four Fellows 14. Manuel-The Comic Books 15. Ring A Ding Ding-The Tides 16. Diamonds And Pearls-The Paradons 17. Thrill Of Love-The Solitaires 18. This Must Be Paradise-Don Julian & The Meadowlarks 19. Baby Doll-The De-Vaurs 20. Buona Sera-The Belvederes
================================================= BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL REVUE WITH THE BLUES ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6552
Every couple of years Retro Show host Bill Green digs into his collection of Blues records and puts together a program saluting this timeless style of music. The Blues along with Gospel provided the underpinnings of what was to become Rock 'n Roll. This is truly 'Roots' music.
1) Damn Right, I Got The Blues - Buddy Guy (1991) 2) Hoodoo Man Blues - Junior Wells (1965) 3) Don't Want No Woman - Johnny Winter (2014) 4) Don't Want No Woman (live) - Magic Sam (1969) 5) Standing At The Crossroads - Elmore James (1961) 6) The Hustle Is On - T-Bone Walker (1950) 7) Nighttime Gardner - Bobby Rush (feat. Keb Mo) (2016) 8) You Better Watch Yourself - Joe Bonamassa (2011) 9) C.C. Rider - Chuck Willis (1957) 10) Driving Wheel - Little Junior Parker (1961) 11) Palace Of The King - Freddie King (1971) 12) Don't Throw Your Love On Me So Strong - Albert King (1961) 13) Got 'Em Bad - B.B. King (1962) 14) Bad Breaks - Love Light Orchestra (feat. John Nemeth) (2017) 15) Runnin' Blue - Boz Skaggs (1971) 16) Sitting On Top Of The World - The Mississippi Sheiks (1930) 17) Sitting On Top Of The World - Howlin' Wolf (1957) 18) Dead Presidents - J. Geils Band (1972) 19) Just Your Fool - Little Walter (1962) 20) Baby, Please Come Home - Jimmy Vaughan (2019)
================================================= JAMMIN' JAMES RILEY AND THE ROCKABILLY N BLUES RADIO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6553
TWO full hours of the Rockabilly n Blues show with great music and interviews with your host Jammin' James Riley! Here is the playlist of this show....
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #1:
1. 15 To Life- The Delta Bombers 2. The More I Get The More I Want- The Kokomo Kings 3. Rockabilly Idol- Levi & The Rockats 4. Jenny, Jenny- Jacob Tolliver 5. Baby Come Back- Bambi Lee Savage 6. Outlaw Heart- Tiger Army 7. Warm Love- The Shadowmen 8. Fire Down- The Lucky Bullets 9. Terremoto Surf- Didi Wray 10. Rawhide- The Duke Robillard Band 11. Young Souls- Marcel Bontempi & Carlos Slap 12. Mean Pickin' Mama- Stray Cats 13. Oh Baby Doll- Chuck Berry 14. Cool Shake- The Del Vikings 15. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear- Elvis Presley 16. No More Crying The Blues- The Cactus Blossoms 17. Denver- Supersonics 18. Hey Heartache- Mike Bell 19. Mama Don't You Think I Know- Jackie Lee Cochran
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #2:
All truckin' themed tunes for National Truck Driver Appreciation Week (Sept. 8-14, 2019)
1. Six Days On The Road- Dave Dudley 2. Loose Nut Behind The Wheel- Dale Watson 3. Motivatin' Man- Red Simpson 4. Nitro Express- Junior Brown with Red Simpson 5. East Bound & Down- Jerry Reed 6. Big Wheel Cannonball- Dick Curless 7. Bad Habit- The Golden Roses 8. Big Rig Blues- Sonny George 9. Hillbilly Truck Drivin' Man- Bill Kirchen 10. Trucker From Tennessee- Link Davis 11. Truck Drivin' Daddy- The Don Diego Trio 12. Mama Was A Rock (Daddy Was A Rolling Stone)- Kay Adams & BR549 13. Gear Bustin' Sort Of A Feller- The Hi-Risers 14. Diesel Smoke- Sons Of The Pioneers 15. Movin' On- Merle Haggard 16. Truck Drivin' Son Of A Gun- Dave Dudley 17. All I Do Is Drive- Johnny Cash 18. Giddy-Up Go- Red Sovine 19. Road Scholar- The Royal Hounds
================================================= LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON THE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6554
It's time to unlock some old memories and bring some warm smiles to your face with another episode of Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's on this week's Memory Lane Show. Join host Lane Quigley for some fine flashbacks and the usual array of interview clips from the performers.
1. Pretty Girls Everywhere - Eugene Church 1959 #36 2. Everybody Likes To Cha Cha Cha - Sam Cooke 1959 #31 SOUND BITE 3. Hearts of Stone - Otis Williams & The Charms 1954-55 #15 4. Queen Of The Hop - Bobby Darin 1958 #9 5. Just Married - Marty Robbins 1958 #26 SOUND BITE 6. Second Hand Love - Connie Francis 1962 #7 7. Do I Love You - The Ronnetes 1964 #34 8. The Lonely Surfer - Jack Nitzsche 1963 #39 SOUND BITE 9. Click Clack - Dickey Doo & The Donts 1958 #28 10. Kiss Me Quick - Elvis Presley 1964 #34 11. So Long Baby - Del Shannon 1961 #28 SOUND BITE 12. Sunny - Bobby Hebb 1966 #2 13. Guess Who - Jesse Belvin 1959 #31 14. I Don't Want To Be A Loser - Lesley Gore 1964 #37 SOUND BITE 15. Bird Dog - The Everly Brothers 1958 #1 16. Hideaway - The Four Esquires 1958 #21 17. I'm Hurtin' - Roy Orbison 1960 #27 SOUND BITE 18. Poor Boy - The Royaltones 1958 #17 19. Have You Heard - The Duprees 1963 #18 20. Blue Velvet - Tony Bennett 1951 #15 SOUND BITE 21. Caroline No - Brian Wilson 1966 #32 22. Am I Losing You - Jim Reeves 1960 #31 23. My Dearest Darling - Etta James 1960 #34
================================================= PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #6555
Good news for us Doo Wop Lover's!!! Pete Chaston is back with another great set of Doo Wop Tunes from the 1950s and early 60s. Here is the playlist of what you will hear when you go to the Rock-it Radio program page and click the audio meter to hear his show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Tonight, Kathleen-The Valentines (1954) 3. Never Let You Go-The Five Discs (1962) 4. Shelly-The Velons (early 1960s) 5. The Closer You Are-The Magnificent Four (1961) 6. The Fact of the Matter-Ronnie & The Hi-Lites (xxxx} 7. I'm So Happy-Nick D'Alessandro & group (xxxx) 8. Let it Please Be You-Nick D'Alessandro & group (xxxx) 9. Morse Code of Love-Philly Cuzz (Philip Battaglia) (2004) 10. Everyday of the Week-Nick D'Alessandro & group (xxxx)
13. Tonight Tonight-The Mello-Kings (1957) 14. Tears Are Falling-The Blue Jays (1961) 15. Happy Birthday Blues-Kathy Young & The Innocents (1961) 16. Doom-Lang-The Tokens (1958)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Alone in This World-The Five Trojans (1958) 18. Feelin' No Pain-The Del-Satins (1963) 19. I Need Someone-The Belmonts (1961) 20. True Love, True Love-The Cupids (1960)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. He's Gone-The Chantels (1957) 22. She's Gone-Nick D'Alessandro & group (xxxx) 23. I Believe-Nick D'Alessandro & group (xxxx) 24. A Casual Kiss-The Blue Jays (xxxx) 25. All Mine-Image (1982) 26. My Baby Loves Me-The Five Discs (1961) 27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
================================================= MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW FEATURING R&B GREAT CHRISTINE KITTRELL ON ROCK-IT RADIO #6556
Nashville truly earned its nickname as "Music City" during the 1950s as it was not only the home of Country Music, but also a hotbed for a thriving Rhythm & Blues Scene. Vocalist Christine Kittrell is a great example of how wonderful and vibrant that R&B scene was. She was born and raised in Nashville, getting her musical education from singing at her local Baptist Church. Once she hooked up with Louis Brooks' band during the mid-1940s, her star began to rise. Songwriter, arranger, producer and talent scout for Tennessee Records, Ted Jarrett signed her in 1951 and soon many markets throughout the South were hip to Kittrell's blues shoutin' style and Jarrett's top-notch arrangements. Her 2nd single, "Sittin' Here Drinkin'," gained her airplay around the South and holds up today as her best known record. She would re-record it for Republic Records, which is the label that Tennessee changed its name to in 1953 and again for Vee-Jay Records in the early 60s. She was friends with Little Richard, who had roots in the Nashville scene and he even stopped by for a recording session with Kittrell in 1954. Matt The Cat will dig up those jumpin' sides, along with a few smooth ballads and all that was in-between from this queen of the Nashville R&B scene. It's Christine Kittrell's Tennessee and Republic releases on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons & His Rhythm Kings - Mercury 1947 2. Old Man You're Slipping - Christine Kittrell & Band - Tennessee 1951 3. Sittin' Here Drinking - Christine Kittrell & Band - Tennessee 1952 4. I Ain't Nothing But A Fool - Christine Kittrell & Band - Tennessee 1952 5. Heartache Blues - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Tennessee 1952 6. You Ain't Nothing But Trouble - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Tennessee 1952 7. Slave To Love - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Republic 1953 8. Gotta Stop Lovin' You - Christine Kittrell w/ Gay Crosse & His Good Humor Six - Republic 1953 9. L & N Special - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Republic 1953 10. I'll Help You Baby - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Republic 1953 11. Evil Eyed Woman - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Republic 1953 12. Every Night In The Week - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Republic 1953 13. GREAT 78 - Don't Do It - Christine Kittrell and Band - Tennessee 1951 14. Snake In The Grass - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Republic 1954 15. Lord Have Mercy - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Republic 1954 16. Call His Name - Christine Kittrell w/ Band - Republic 1955 17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins & His Orch - Bluebird 1946
================================================= DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6557
"GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS Pt 11"
DJ Spinning Rock Boogie is back with another show in his series "Girls, Girls, Girls" where every track played has a girl's name in the title. With music from the 50's / 60's / 70's, this includes Rock & Roll, Rockabilly, Hillbilly, Teeners and the regular feature of "The Smooch Spot."
01. Intro - Medley 02. My Girl Gertie - Dub Dickerson (54) Capitol - Hollywood California 03. Linda Lee - Bobby Lee & The Blue Dots (63) Pearl - Bismark North Dakota 04. Oh My Linda - Jim Holt (62) Gulfsteam - Hollywood Florida 05. Betty Jean - Harold Burrage & His Band (56) Cobra - Chicago Illinois 06. Susie - The Four Labels (59) Gra-Low - Indianapolis Indiana 07. Little Lila - The Sotos Brothers (61) Fredlo - Davenport Iowa 08. Bette Lou - Bob Bowman (59) Revello - Louisville Kentucky 09. fanny Brown - Jimmy Cavalo & His Quintet (62) Darcy - Hollywood California 10. (I Love You) Hetta Hetta - The Contenders (66) Java - Ardmore Pennsylvania 11. Earlene - Vic Wilder + The Eddy Darcy Band (58) RIC - New Orleans Louisiana 12. Little Darlene - Ricky Coyne & His Guitar Rockers (58) Event - Westbrook Maine 13. Rock Little Lucy - The Four Scores (57) Bart - Detroit Michigan 14. Fafine - Connie & The Bell Hops (60) R - Kansas City Missouri 15. Glendora - Perry Como - (56) RCA-Victor - Camden New Jersey 16. Linda Lou - Roy Head & The Traits (62) Ascot - NYC 17. Helen Jo - Clay Eager (56) Karl - London Ohio 18. Oh, Lolly - The Jordan Brothers (58) Jamie - Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19. Jane - The Crowe Brothers (59) Friddell - Cleveland Tennessee 20. Tongue Tied Jill - Charlie Feathers (56) Meteor - Memphis Tennessee 21. Letter From Sherry (SMOOCH) - Dale Ward (63) Dot - Hollywood California 22. Ruby (SMOOCH) - Ray Charles (60) ABC-Paramount - NYC 23. Alice From Above (SMOOCH) - Leon Peels & The Blue Jays (89) Classic Artists - Hollywood California 24. Little Sally Walker (SMOOCH) - The Rivingtons (63) Liberty - Los Angeles California 25. Dottie (SMOOCH) - The Vows (63) Tamara - Philadelphia Pennsylvania 26. Kathy Baby - Jay & Ray Gallaway (65) Atila - Toledo Ohio 27. Swing Little Katy - Clyde Owens & His Moonlight Ramblers (59) Linco - Fayetteville Tennessee 28. Skinnie Minnie Shimmy - latie Moore & The Emporers (62) Olimpic - Columbus Ohio 29. What's The Matter With Marilyn - Vinnie Monte (64) TCF - NYC 30. Geraldine - Jack Scott & The Chantones (58) Carlton - NYC 31. Outro - Medley
================================================= JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6558
Jackie is back this week with another rockin' set of UK oldies covers here on Rock-it Radio! On this show Jackie Bond presents just a few of the great rockin'bands that are keeping Rock n Roll alive and well in the United Kingdom in 2019.
1. Tutti Frutti - Little Richard 2. Let's Have A Party - Wanda Jackson 3. Down The Line - Jerry Lee Lewis 4. Nervous Breakdown - Eddie Cochran 5. Cool Baby - Charlie Gracie 6. Movie Magg - Carl Perkins 7. Let's Take the Long Way Home - Eddie Bond 8. That's What I'm Gonna Do - Arthur Lee Maye & The Crowns 9. The Secret Of My Success - The Cadillac Kings 10. El Camino Real - Lee Dresser 11. Jump Jive And Wail - Louis Prima 12. Rockin' In a Wooden Shack - Ann Brewer & The Flames 13. Pipeline - Dick Dale 14. Cut Across Shorty - Eddie Cochran 15. Tell Me Why - Norman Fox & The Rob Roys 16. Waiting In School - Ricky Nelson 17. King Of The New York Streets - Dion 18. What's Your Name - Mark Keeley's Good Rockin' Tonight 19. Hold Me,Thrill Me, Kiss Me - Mel Carter
================================================= COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6559
Another fantastic segment of the Doo Wop Stop and 3 full hours + in 3 parts of the Doo Wop Stop! On demand but catch it before it gets knocked off our list! Here is the playlist.
1. Rockin' with the Clock - Shirley and Lee 2. Little Star - The Elegants 3. At my door - The Chanters 4. One Summer Night - Philly Cuzz 5. Shoop Shoop - The Gladiolas 6. I'm Sold - The Plurals 7. Shout Shout - Ernie Marseca 8. Goodbye to love - The Chantels 9. Up on the mountain - The Magnificents 10. Over the mountain, across the sea - Johnny & Joe 11. Mountain of Love - Harold Dorman 12. Don't take the stars - The Mystics 13. Golden Teardrops - The Flamingos 14. My angel of love - Royal Jesters 15. Share - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers 16. Nothing takes the place of you - Toussaint McCall 17. Island of Love - The Sheppards 18. Everybody's somebody's fool - The Heartbeats 19. Can I come over tonight - The Velours
20. One Summer Night - The Danleers 21. Just to be with you - The Passions 22. So this is love - The Castells 23. Raindrops - The Varnalls 24. I only have eyes for you - The Flamingos 25. Earth Angel - The Penguins 26. In the still of the night - 5 Satins 27. Hang up my rock and roll shoes - Chuck Willis 28. Image of a girl - The Safaris 29. For your precious love - Jerry Butler & Impressions 30. It must be love - Johnny Maestro 31. To get bsck to you - Anthony & Sophomores 32. Hey Little Girl - Dee Clark 33. She blew a good thing - The Poets 34. Count every star - The Rivieras 35. Countdown to Love - BQE 36. How much - The Skyliners 37. Since I don't have you - The Skyliners 38. A tear fell - The Demensions
39. 11th hour Melody - The Rivieras 40. Moonlight Cocktails - The Rivieras 41. Whispering Bells - Del Vikings 42. Jeannine - Classic Sounds 43. The way love should be - The Nutmegs 44. Be sure my love - The Dubs 45. To the Aisle - 5 Satins 46. They Say - Chris Montez 47. Oh my Angel - Bertha Tillman 48. Beautiful Morning - Philly Cuzz 49. High on a hill - Scott English 50. Runaround - The Regents 51. Honest I do - The Innocents 52. Can I come over - The Youngtones 53. I'll be forever loving you - El Dorados 54. Oh what a night for love - Littly Roy Tyson 55. Cant we be sweethearts - The Cleftones 56. Smoke gets in your eyes - Platters 57. Goodnight Baby - The Imaginations
================================================= DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS & RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6560
Two full hours of Dave the Rave and the Relics and rarities show with great hits and rare songs of the 1960s. If you love 60s Rock and Roll this is the show for you! To tune in just go to our Program page at: rockitradio.net/programs.html and click to show #6560
================================================= MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR FEATURING THE KING AND QUEEN OF ROCKABILLY IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #6561
THE KING AND QUEEN OF ROCKABILLY--Featuring Wanda Jackson and Carl Perkins, two icons of the genre.
1. Rockabilly Fever - Wanda Jackson 1984 2. Movie Magg - Carl Perkins 1955 3. I Gotta Know - Wanda Jackson 1956 4. Hot Dog! That Made Him Mad - Wanda Jackson 1956 5. Baby Loves Him - Wanda Jackson 1957 6. Let Me Explain - Wanda Jackson 1957 7. Gone Gone Gone - Carl Perkins 1955 8. Blue Suede Shoes - Carl Perkins 1956 9. Honey Don't - Carl Perkins 1956 10. Tennessee - Carl Perkins 1956 11. Bopping The Blues - Carl Perkins 1956 12. All Mama's Children - Carl Perkins 1956 13. Cool Love - Wanda Jackson 1957 14. Fujiyama Mama - Wanda Jackson 1957 15. Honey Bop - Wanda Jackson 1958 16. Mean Mean Man - Wanda Jackson 1958 17. Rock Your Baby - Wanda Jackson 1958 18. Party - Wanda Jackson 1958 19. Dixie Fried - Carl Perkins 1957 (Live) 20. Matchbox - Carl Perkins 1957 21. Your True Love - Carl Perkins 1957 (Live) 22. That's Right - Carl Perkins 1957 (Live) 23. Glad All Over - Carl Perkins 1958 24. Lend Me Your Comb - Carl Perkins 1958
LOOK SWELL !!! AND BE COOL IN YOUR OWN ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRT!
Have you seen the new full line of Rock-it Radio T shirts that have been Released. 3 New designs by Rock-it Radio's own Jammin' Jan. Each Rock-it Radio T shirt is only $16.00 each plus shipping. And 100% of All monies goes to keeping Rock-it Radio Online.
We have received the following donations since our last newsletter and a very sincere thank you to all! (None since last newsletter)
================================================ NEW RELEASE -- FLASHDRIVE OF ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS #6501 TO #6550. OUR 23rd FLASH DRIVE
NEW RELEASE!!!!! ROCK-IT RADIO FLASH DRIVE #23!!
This is the best buy to collect Rock-it Radio shows. The CD's of each show costs $9.50 each but here you get 50 of Rock-it Radio shows for less then $39.95 U.S.
This includes over 70 hours of Rock-it Radio oldies programming from shows #6501 to #6550. The Flashdrive features all these shows in their entirety in mp3 format in studio quality and just plug into your computer and Rock-it Away!!!! Check out #23 and it's playlist via our Flashdrive page at
(you can get the playlist of shows on this ebay site)
================================================ LANE QUIGLEY AND THE CLASS OF 1969 50 YEAR CLASS REUNION SERIES NOW AVAILABLE ON CD.
It's always a very popular series and started last week we started playing the the First of 5 of the 50 year Class Reunion featuring the music and the pop culture from 1969. (Rock-it Radio Show #6437 in our program page) And we just now has put this 5 Plus 1 CD Set in our Ebay store at: https://www.ebay.com/itm/143212967019
This is a 5 CD set Plus one final CD totaling 6. Note Part 6 will not be aired and only available with the sale of this Class of 1969 set.
The Set sells for $35.95 U.S. Plus $3.00 Shipping - ($6.00 Outside of U.S.)
This series is also available on Flash Drive for the same price. If you wish a Flash Drive or if you don't have a Ebay account that is ok, Rock-it Radio will send you a non obligatory invoice. Just request one at: firstname.lastname@example.org
100% of all sales goes to keeping Rock-it Radio online and help finance our new expansion of more shows in our program page.
================================================ NEW RELEASE COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP TOP 50 DOO WOPS FOR 2018 NOW AVAILABLE ON CD.
Just released in our Ebay store at Rock-it Radio we have released Rock-it Radio show #6483 on a 3 CD set of the top 50 Doo Wop requests on the Cool Bobby B show. If you are a Doo Wop lover and want a copy of this show... Here is the link on Ebay. 100% of all purchases goes to keeping Rock-it Radio online. Here is the Link:
================================================ ROCK-IT RADIO FINANCES BECOME DIRE ....
Well gang for those long time listeners will remember last December in the latest difficult financial situation of Rock-it Radio. We have found ourselves in the same situation I am afraid. In April, May and June we have taken losses after a pretty healthy first quarter of 2019. We don't want to lose Rock-it and we have many shows we are going to air in the next couple of days to catch up. There is no advertising on Rock-it Radio we are completely financed by our own online stores. We kindly ask if you enjoy oldies rock and roll to please support us.
Thank you and God Bless, S/ Bennie Dingo Rock-it Radio
KUDO'S COUNT IN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE !
If you are on Facebook and haven't checked out the Rock-it Radio facebook page, you are missing out on the immediate notifications of our latest shows. It is at: http://www.facebook.com/rockitface
But the reason I am writing is to let you know if you enjoy a certain DJ or show, every like you give to that show.... listed on that site... goes to that DJ's Kudo score. And I thought I would bring it up as we are entering the last 4 months of the year. And it's very close! At the end of the year the kudo points are counted and the one DJ that gets the most receives the DJ of the year award here at Rock-it Radio. They get one point for every like or compliment we receive, and 5 points for every shows of there's that is sold. ( http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html ) So, if you like them and you have the time they sure would appreciate a vote. If you are not on facebook, you can still let me know via E mail of certain shows at: email@example.com
Last month we stopped our service with DirecTV and hooked up Roku the streaming TV application for our TV set. While exploring what we have I noticed that it offers .... The "Tune in" Radio channel on Roku. So, we added that channel ... it's free! And started searching for Radio stations to listen too on our TV set with Roku. You do have to have a Wi Fi Internet set up for Roku. But the first search we did was in the search box typed in "Rock-it Radio" though we are the original Rock-it some other stations did pop up also. But we immediately recognized our logo on the Tune in Radio service.... and we are now able to hear the latest show of Rock-it Radio on our TV set. We thought that was pretty cool!
It's hard to believe but we realize that perhaps our declining sales is due to Compact Discs are a aging medium. And Flashdrives And digital is where it's at. If you would prefer to have Rock-it Radio shows and vintage radio shows that we offer for sale on Flashdrive in mp3 format rather then on CD we can provide that service here at Rock-it Radio. Here it is how it works:
1. E mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know what shows you would like to have on Flashdrive. Let's make it a minimum of 3 broadcasts. Either any Rock-it Radio show .... or Vintage Radio Show from the 50s through 70s that we offer at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
2. The Cost: Flashdrive will cost $5.00 and each show that you wish to have will cost $5.00 - nearly 50% CHEAPER then on CD.
3. I will send you back a invoice within a couple of days, It will be sent via paypal and it is not obligatory. If you change your mind just don't pay. But it is easy to pay with any major credit card.
4. Please allow up to 7 days for me to fill the order. Once payment is sent. In case I get swamped with this offer. Probably sooner. I have to redigitalize all sold shows into MP3 and that takes a little bit of time. All orders will have $3.00 postage a slight increase but that is due to it is shipped as a package and not envelope since it will be over a 1/4" thick.
For example you order: 3 of our Alan Freed Radio shows. And a Real Don Steele show. A total of 4 shows - That would normally be a cost of $40.00 on CD. All together on one flashdrive so the invoice would look like
- Flashdrive $5.00 - Four Shows on Flashdrive @ $5.00 each - $20.00 - shipping $3.00
Of course if you order more shows on the flashdrive you would continue saving as you are paying the $5.00 per show rather then $9.50.
And of course we will be adding the monthly giveaway as well.
So for a invoice again just e mail me your wants on your flashdrive for shows on mp3 at: email@example.com
COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans. Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK ?? FOLLOW THE LATEST AT ROCK-IT RADIO AND OUR LATEST VINTAGE BROADCAST RELEASES. Rock-it Radio has 2 Facebook pages. One for our programming online and notifications, and the other is for our vintage broadcast shows for sale.
================================================= We are in our 24th year!!! Please share the good news with your family and friends that love original Oldies Music - We are back and Rockin' with new shows in our program page at http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html Just click the MP3 speaker to the show that has your musical interest!
================================================= WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from August 31, 2019 to September 30, 2019 We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Del Monte - New Milford, Connecticut USA We have gained 84 new likes in our listeners club in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at: http://facebook.com/rockitface and 5 more following us on Twitter @Rockitradio1 .
We have added a total of 90 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 96,397 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club. We hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll, Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio. Remember, we are here for you!
So if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
==================================================== PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please share the information of this station. And if you have a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio link on your page. There are a few to choose from in our link page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/links.html
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
1. Lane Quigley Rock-it Radio Class of 1969 Set 2. RIR #393 - John Lennon Guest DJ WNEW New York 1974 3. Lane Quigley Rock-it Radio Class of 1967 Set 4. Flashdrive Rock-it Shows 6451 - 6500 5. RIR #181 - Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito 12/8/1967 6. RIR #436 - Pat Sajak - Armed Forces Vietnam Network 3/17/1969 7. RIR #355 - Real Don Steele - KHJ Los Angeles 2/9/1968 8. RIR #646 - Larry Lujack WLS Chicago 8/8/1970 9. RIR #539 - Cousin Brucie - WABC New York 9/7/1965 10. RIR #396 - Humble Harv KHJ Los Angeles 9/28/1966 11. RIR #359 - Gus Gossert - WPIX FM New York Feb. 1971 12. RIR #386 - Charlie Tuna - KHJ Los Angeles 2/26/1969 13. RIR #200 - Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito 10/1/1969 14. RIR #115 - Rare Alan Freed Broadcasts CD 15. RIR #116 - Casey Kasem KRLA Los Angeles 5/27/1965 16. RIR #191 - Best of Boss Radio 1966 - KHJ Los Angeles 17. RIR #397 - Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito 8/1/1968 18. RIR #648 - Real Don Steele KHJ Los Angeles 3/21/1970 19. RIR #451 - Chuck Dunaway - KLIF Dallas 7/2/1963 20. RIR #114 - Alan Freed WABC New York 11/5/1959 21. RIR #381 - Charlie Tuna KHJ Los Angeles 1969 - 1970 22. RIR #631 - Sean O'Callahan KYA San Francisco 11/5/1967 23. RIR #312 - Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 5/2/1963 24. RIR #357 - John Landecker - WLS Chicago 10/11/1972 25. RIR #361 - Real Don Steele KHJ Los Angeles 6/17/1970
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out
there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name or
Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of
these broadcasts is what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank
you again to everyone that buys these!
REQUEST A ROCK-IT RADIO STORE CATALOG If you don't like ordering online but still want to have some of the vintage radio shows from the 50s through the 70s - We understand that. That is why we still take mail orders. You can actually save money also in our orders if you use our coupon that comes with every catalog - That will give your order a 25% discount!
you would like a Rock-it Radio catalog that lists over 500 rare and
rockin' radio shows with famous DJs when Radio was truly radio! Just e
mail us your mailing address and we will send it out straight away! Our E mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Come tune into the World on your computer!