|Hi Rock-it Radio Listeners & Launching Pad supporters,|
Hello everyone I thought I would start this weekend
off right with a newsletter and set of our latest
shows playlists. Plus we have a couple of new released
Wolfman Jack shows available in the Launching Pad this
week. More information on that further down in the
So, Let's get started with some playlists!
and click to the speaker on the left to hear the show.
Remember if you are new to Internet Radio and having trouble tuning in though --
Check out our webpage to help you out at:
REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To
be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time.
For complete information check out our program
ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio
quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we
can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like
to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are
broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker
at our program page at:
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a
show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as
|WE COULD USE YOUR SUPPORT|
Rock-it Radio is 100% Publicly supported. But when you
donate to the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad - we give you
a vintage broadcast of your choice.
100% of all sales from the Rock-it Radio Store (Launching
Pad) goes back to pay copyright fees, LLC taxes, Internet
and bandwidth costs of Rock-it Radio. Without your support
we would not exist. So. please consider a purchase at:
NOTE: ALL SHOWS BELOW CAN BE FOUND IN OUR PROGRAM WEBPAGE - TO TUNE IN CLICK TO SPEAKER OF THE SHOW YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO. EITHER MP3 OR REAL PLAYER. BOTH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED.
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO #5252 - MORE FORGOTTEN TOP 40S.
This week's Memory Lane Show has the usual array of fabulous music,
a handful of interview clips with the backstories behind the music,
and another Mystery Artist for you to guess.
What more could you ask for? Tune in and check out the best sounds
from the Golden Age of the 45 rpm record with host Lane Quigley
on this week's Memory Lane Show.
1. Not Fade Away - The Crickets 1957
2. Uncle Henry's Basement - The Jesters 1961
3. Tutti Frutti - Little Richard 1956
4. The Girl Next Door - Thomas Wayne 1959
5. Keep On Dancin' - The Avantis 1963
6. That's a Pretty Good Love - Big Maybelle 1956
7. Every Breath I Take - Gene Pitney 1961
8. Mr. Pitiful - Otis Redding 1965
9. He Really Loves Me - Debbie Rollins 1964
10. MYSTERY ARTIST (Can you identify the artist?)
11. I'll Be Spinning - Johnny & Joe 1956
12. Back Street Girl - Diana Dawn 1965
13. Love Isn't Like That - Ral Donner 1966
14. I'm In Love Again - Fats Domino 1956
15. Only Yesterday - The Four Seaons 1964
16. Number Nine Train - Tarheel Slim 1958
17. When It Rains It Really Pours - Elvis Presley 1955
18. You've Changed Me - Brenda Holloway 1965
19. Money Honey - Drifters with Clyde McPhatter 1953
20. Nothin' Shakin' - Eddie Fontaine 1958
21. Everything But Love - Jackie Ross 1965
22. Ronnie - Marcy Joe 1961
23. Something Tells Me - Sam Baker 1965
24. Darling Dar - The Counts 1954
JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5253
From the land of windmills, dykes, canals, cheese, tulips,
cows and wooden shoes here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show.
Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs from from Switzerland,
Canada, the Netherlands, Belgium, the USA and the UK.
This show includes 5 songs on request of Simon Lewis from the UK.
Enjoy the show!
1. Feelin' fine - The Drifters (UK) - 1959
2. It's a long way to St. Louis - R. Dean Taylor - 1963
3. I've got a baby - Clyde Arnold & the Sharps - 1958
4. Please be my love - The Spirals - 1961
5. Sorry Robbie - Bert Weedon - 1960
6. Lovin' Lil - Tommy Tucker - 1959
7. Book of love - The Mudlarks - 1958
8. Here today and gone tomorrow love - Janis Martin - 1960
9. I need your love tonight - Matthieu Bore & Suzy Blackmore - 2004
10. Rock Saturday night - Derrell Felts - 1956
11. Once more - Bill Forbes - 1959
12. Rock it on down to my house - Justin Tubb - 1958
13. Rock it on down to my house - Miss Mary Ann & the Ragtime Wranglers - 2006
14. Be my steady date - Fabian - 1958
15. Donna Donna - Tamara's - 198x
16. Indian Giver - Skip Graves - 1960
17. Give! Give! Give! - Tommy Steele - 1959
18. Red Cadillac and a black moustache - Warren Smith - 1957
19. Take these chains from my heart - Carl Mann - 1959
20. Rock me - Mark Kelf & the Valley Boys - 2000
21. Goodbye baby goodbye - Sonny Lowery - 1958
22. Shakin' all over - The Black Albino's - 1964
23. Bouddah - The Cousins - 1961
24. Once - The Hurricane Rollers - 1959
25. Arrivederci Roma - The White Comets - 1963
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW TEXAS ROCKERS PT. 2 ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5254
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for another in his series
"Regional Round UP", the show that features a particular
State of America, with some of the record labels from out of
that State, the towns and cities where those labels were
situated, and the artists who recorded on them.
This show features the State of Texas part 2 with Rock & Roll
/ Rockabilly + a smattering of Instrumentals, Soul, Doo Wop
and the regular Smooch Spot.
01. Intro - Medley
02. She's Just That Kind - Buck Fowler (62) Echo - Austin
03. The Waddle - The Slades (58) Domino - Austin
04. I'm Gonna Rock With My Baby Tonight - Chester McIntyre (60) Sarg - Luling
05. Daddy Rock And Roll - Billy Duke (55) Teen - Houston
06. Lou Lou - Darrell Rhodes (59) Winston - Abeline
07. Quit Your Belly Achin' Baby - The Venetian Blinds (66) Grudge - San Antonio
08. Little Rome - Max Alexander + Hank Harral & The HI-Fi's (59) Caprock - Big Spring
09. Rockin' Hall - Butch McClarey (58) Kliff - Gainsville
10. Pinch Me - Jerry Ballard (61) Skippy - Dallas
11. Moo Mama - Ben Hall (55) Cord - Vernon
12. High Classed Baby - Jerry Arnold & The Rhythm Captains (58) Security - Mount Pleasant
13. Honey Honey - Dottie Jones (56) TNT - San Antonio
14. Sharpest Little Girl - The Benders (65) Jamaka - Mesquite
15. All I Want - Jackie Dallas & The Tiaras (65) Alliance - Amarillo
16. Gimme Back My Love - Paulette Parker (69) Duke - Houston
17. Don't Want Your Money Honey - Jerry Lynn (59) KRCo - Beaumont
18. Don't You Get Under My Feet - Bruce Welch & The Holidays (61) Eric - Conroe
19. Hours With The Owls - George Wormington (?) Orbit - De Kalb
20. My Dearest One - Norman Fox & The Rob Roys (58) Backbeat - Houston
21. Love Is Made Of This - Ray Doggett (57) Kix - Houston
22. Lonesome (instrumental) - Wortham watts (58) D - Houston
23. Jelly Roll Rock - Walter Brown & His Band (58) Zip - Pasadena
24. Almost 12 O'Clock - Gene Summers (62) LaFayette - Grand Prairie
25. For You - Keith McCormack & The Rock 'n' Rollers (58) Ven - Hereford
26. Lookie Lookie Lookie - K.C.Grand & The Shades (59) Matt - Odessa
27. My Baby's Gone - Roland Faulk (57) Big State - Port Acres
28. If You See My Julie - Gaylon Christie & The Downbeats (58) Kobb - Taylor
29. The Woman I Love - Gene Terry & His Kool Kats (57) Rock-it - Port Arthur
30. My Baby's Fine - Bobby & The Fifths (?) Radel - Pearland
31. Save Me Your Love - Donald Simpson & The Rockenettes (58) Major - San Augustine
32. Pauline - Johnny & The Jills (60) Do Boy - Cedar Hill
33. Outro - Medley
PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5255 "THE EYES HAVE IT!"
Join Papa Walt on the Oldies Show where the old saying
"the eyes are the window to the soul" is reflected in a
playlist of classic oldies songs.
The show segment "Listener Cover Songs" is also back with a
new offering from a listener in the Netherlands.
PLAYLIST - Papa Walt's Oldies Show (#16) - The Eyes Have It
1. Ebony Eyes - Bob Welch (1978)
2. I Only Have Eyes for You - The Flamingos (1959)
3. The Eyes of a New York Woman - B.J. Thomas (1968)
4. Sad Eyes - Robert John (1979)
5. Brown-Eyed Girl - Van Morrison (1967)
6. Looking Through the Eyes of Love - Gene Pitney (1965)
7. Blue Eyes - Elton John (1982)
8. Private Eyes - Hall & Oates (1981)
9. Look in My Eyes - The Chantels (1961)
LISTENER COVER SONG SEGMENT
10. It Was I - Skip & Flip (1959)
11. It Was I - Shady (2003)
12. Pretty Little Angel Eyes - Curtis Lee (1961)
13. Lyin' Eyes - The Eagles (1975)
14. Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain - Willie Nelson (1975)
15. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes (1981)
16. These Eyes - The Guess Who (1969)
17. Pretty Blue Eyes - Steve Lawrence (1959)
18. Behind Blue Eyes - The Who (1971)
19. Dreamy Eyes - Johnny Tillotson (1958)
20. The Gleam in Your Eyes - The Channels (1956)
21. My Eyes Adored You - Frankie Valli (1974)
22. Fill My Eyes - Cat Stevens (1972)
JAMES RILEY AND THE ROCKABILLY AND BLUES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5256 DOUBLE HEADER
From Tennessee, USA the birthplace of Rockabilly music
James Riley does his first show for us here at Rock-it
Killer double-shot from Jerry Lee, wild rocker from his
sister Linda Gail, Joe Clay covers Jack White,
Cash Covers from Dion and Reverend Horton Heat and
1. Rebels Rule- Stray Cats
2. Rock N Roll Heaven- Charlie Gracie
3. I'm Ready- Fats Domino
4. Look At That Girl- Marty Stuart
5. Say Mama- Gene Vincent
6. Long Tall Sally- Jerry Lee Lewis
7. Mississippi Kid- Jerry Lee Lewis
8. Real Wild Child- Linda Gail Lewis
9. Blue Train- Moonshine Reunion
10. Ain't Got A Thing- Sonny Burgess
11. Get Rhythm- Reverend Horton Heat
12. I Walk The Line- Dion
13. Honey Bop- Wanda Jackson
14. Stick Around- Sixteen & The Sidewinders
15. Git It- Dave Edmunds
16. I Need A Car- Blue Plate Specials
17. Let's Rock Tonight- Darrel Higham
18. I'm Coming For You- Devil's Daughters
19. Trash Tongue Talker- Joe Clay
20. Let's All Go Wild Tonight- Dwight Pullen
We start our conversation with WS Holland (drummer,
Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash) as well as begin our Favorite
Johnny Cash Song Countdown with #20-16. Plus,
new tracks from The Mavericks, Planet Rockers,
Pokey LaFarge and lots more!
1. Hurry Up- Ritchie Valens
2. Tumble & Fall- Kim Lenz
3. All Night Long- The Mavericks
4. That's The Way I Love- Johnny Carroll
5. Bumble Bee- Heavy Trash
6. Movie Magg- Carl Perkins
7. Blue Suede Shoes- Carl Perkins
8. Wreck Of The Old 97- Johnny Cash
9. Train Of Love- Johnny Cash
10. One Piece At A Time- Johnny Cash
11. San Quentin- Johnny Cash
12. Home Of The Blues
13. Long Gone Daddy- Reach Around Rodeo Clowns
14. Jenny Lee- Planet Rockers
15. Something In The Water- Pokey LaFarge
16. Debt With The Devil- Hillbilly Casino
COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete is a veteran DJ here at Rock-it Radio and a loyal
provider of shows for us here.
His dedication and knowledge of 50s and early 60s Doo Wop
shines as he spins those tunes of yesteryear. Including The
Silly song segment and the rare But scratchy 45 segment.
Here is this week's playlist of what you will hear.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982)
2. I Remember-The Five Discs (1958)
3. Letâ€™s Fall in Love-The Five Discs (xxxx)
4. You, Baby, You-The Excellents (1962)
5. My Memories of You-Donnie & The Dreamers (xxxx)
6. Why Must we Go to School?-The Nutmegs (1955)
7. Dot, My Love-The Aladdins (1958)
8. Brenda-The Cupids (1963)
9. My China Doll-the Glad Rags (1957)
10. A Little Bit of Soap-The Jarmels (1961)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. theme song from - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (xxxx)
12. Papa Oom Mow Mow-King Uszniewicz & The Uszniewicztones (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Teenage Vows of Love-The Dreamers (xxxx)
14. Wanna Lee-The Vocaltones (xxxx))
15. Again-The Universals (xxxx)
16. I'm So happy-The Ducanes (1961)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. 'Cause You're Mine-The G-Clefs (1956)
18. Limbo-The Capris (1962)
19. Again-The Concords (1961)
20. Because of You-the Dreamers (1963)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Melba-The Dreamers (1954 or 1955)
22. I Believe-The Dee-Vines (1960)
23. Oh Baby-The Velvetiers (1958)
24. Lover Come Home-The Eastmen (1959)
25. At the End of a Sunset-The Jaynells (1963)
26. I Try So Hard-The Quintones (1958)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
ROCKIN DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5258
The Daddy O is back this week with another rockin'
segment of uptempo doo wop from the 50s and early
60s. Here is the playlist below of what you will hear
when you click on the speaker to show #5258.
1. Times Square Stomp-Times Square Record Store Theme Song
2. Rama Lama Ding Dong-Edsels
4. Peppermint Stick-Elchords
5. Go Back Where You Came From-Summits
6. Pretty Pretty Girl-Timetones
7. My Lonely Friend-Continentals
9. My Juanita-Crests
10. Mommy And Daddy-Students
11. Mope-itty Mope-Boss-Tones
13. Puppy Love-Little Jimmy & The Tops
14. No No No-Chanters
15. Did It-Laddins
16. Pretty Baby-Cupids
17. Wide Hoop Skirts-Nutmegs
18. The Wind-Diablos
19. Baby Oh Baby-Shells
20. All Mine-5 Satins
21. Who Cares About Love-Nobletones
22. It's Gonna Be All Right-Decoys
23. The House Where Lovers Dream-Timetones
24. Times Square Stomp
COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5243
From a undisclosed location due to him cranking the
transmitter to a Million Watts! Cool Bobby B is back
on the Rock-it this week with 3 hours of great Doo Wop
music of the 50s and early 60s. And occasionally even
doo wop today! Let's get started with the playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (Open Theme)
2. Maybe you'll be there -- Billy & Essentials
3. There's noone but you -- The Strollers
4. The Big Knock -- The Stereos
5. Puddin N Tain -- The Alley cats
6. Little Star -- The Elegants
7. Possibliity -- The Crowns
8. Ivory Tower -- Otis Williams & Charms
9. They're writing songs of love -- The Flamingos
10. Journey of Love -- The Crests
11. The way love should be -- The Nutmegs
12. Cry Baby Cry -- The Angels
13. You and Me -- The Unknowns
14. Chapel bells are ringing -- The Keynotes
15. Once in a lifetime -- Barons
16. Hey Senorita -- The Admirations
17. Darling Forever -- Four Chevelles
18. Darling Can't you tell -- The Clusters
19. Goodbye to love -- The Chantels
20. It happened today -- The Skyliners
21. Echo -- The Emotions
22. Ling Ting Tong -- 5 Keys
23. For your precious love -- Jerry Butler & Impressions
24. Rock N Roll Age -- 4 Js
25. You must be an angel -- 5 Satins
26. Without you -- The Earls
27. Can't we be sweethearts -- The Cleftones
28. The search is over -- The Imaginations
29. My baby loves me -- 5 Discs
30. Come on baby -- Van Dykes
31. It's too late -- The Companions
32. This Time -- Richard Blandon & Dubs
33. So this is love -- The Castelles
34. Baby it's me -- The Clouds
35. Again -- Cliftonaires
36. Fine Girl -- Cliftonaires
37. You gotta love him -- Little Isidore & Inquisitors
38. Devil or Angel -- Clovers
39. 11th hour melody -- The Rivieras
40. Moonlight Cocktails -- The Rivieras
41. Winner takes all -- Platters
42. Heaven knows I love you -- The Chuck a Lucks
43. Come go with me -- Del Vikings
44. Rock n Roll Cha Cha -- The Eternals
45. I give my heart to you -- The Accents
46. Everybody's somebody's fool -- The Heartbeats
47. 3 steps from the Altar -- Shep & Limelites
48. What did daddy do - Shep & Limelites
49. Lorraine -- The Bonnevilles
50. There's a moon out tonight -- The Capris
51. All in my mind -- Maxine Brown
52. Church bells may ring -- The Willows
53. Then they wonder why -- Philly Cuzz
54. False Alarm -- The Revels
55. In the still of the night - Shake Rattle and Roll
56. Guided Missiles -- The Cufflinks
57. Goodnight baby -- The Imaginations
THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5260
THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW - Featuring "WHISPERING" BILL ANDERSON.
James William Anderson III was born in Columbia, South Carolina in
1937 and raised in Georgia.
He wrote his first song "Carry Me Home To Texas" in the late 1940's,
and in 1952, formed a band called "The Avondale Playboys" whilst
attending Avondale High School in Georgia.
His first recorded song was, "No Love Have I" for the TNT label out of
San Antonio, Texas.
As a writer, his first hit record was for Ray Price who took "City Lights
to the # 1 spot in the Billboard
Hot Country Singles Chart. 1960 was to be a big year for Bill Anderson.
He moved to Nashville, signed to Decca Records, and had his first top
ten hit with "The Tips Of My Fingers". In 1961, Bill joined the
Grand Ole Oprey, and in 1962, had his own first # 1 hit record with
"Mama Sang A Song".
Bill Anderson was elected to the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame
in 1975 and to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2001.
This show has been put together by a suggestion from Rock-it Radio
listener Andrew Jones from Michigan.
01. Intro - Medley
02. Bill Anderson Introduction
03. Saginaw Michigan - Bill Anderson (65) Decca
04. Saginaw Michigan - Lefty Frizzell (64) Columbia # 1 Country Hit
05. Get A Little Dirt On Your Hands - Bill Anderson (62) Decca # 14 Country Hit
06. Get A Little Dirt On Your Hands - The Delltones (62) Leedon Australia Top 5 Australian Chart Hit
07. Mama Sang A Song - Bill Anderson (62) Decca # 1 Country Hit
08. Po' Folks - Bill Anderson (61) Decca # 9 Country Hit
09. Still - Bill Anderson (63) Decca # 1 Country Hit
10. I've Enjoyed As Much Of This As I Can Stand - Porter Wagoner (63) RCA-Victor
11. Once A Day - Connie Smith (64) RCA-Victor # 1 Country Hit
12. That's What It's Like To Be Lonesome - Ray Price (58) Columbia # 7 Country Hit
13. That's What It's Like To Be Lonesome - Bill Anderson (58) Decca # 12 Country Hit
14. City Lights - Ray Price (58) Columbia # 1 Country Hit
15. I Missed Me - Jim Reeves (60) RCA-Victor
16. Must You Throw Dirt In My Face - The Louvin Brothers (62) Capitol # 21 Country Hit
17. I'd Fight The World - Bill Anderson & Jan Howard (67) Decca
18. Sometimes - Bill Anderson & Mary Lou Turner (76) MCA
19. Lord Knows I'm Drinkin' - Bill Anderson & Willie Nelson (09) Cleopatra
20. I Don't Love You Anymore - Charlie Louvin (64) Capitol # 4 Country Hit
21. The Tips Of My Fingers - Roy Clark (63) Capitol # 10 Country Hit
22. River Boat - Faron Young (58) Capitol
23. Happiness - Bill Anderson (63) Decca
24. Happiness - Ken Dodd (64) UK Columbia # 31 UK Singles Chart
25. I Get The Fever - Bill Anderson (66) Decca # 1 Country Hit
26. Outro - Medley
AL COOL DADDY SMITH AND PART II TRIBUTE TO
BOBBY ROBINSON ON SHOW #5261
Part I may still be available as show #5244 in our
program page if you hurry.
This show continues my multi part effort featuring
the contributions to the music we love by one Bobby Robinson,
song writer and record producer par excellence.
This show will concentrate on the Doo Wop tunes he
recorded in New York on a variety of labels that he
owned at one time or another.
Mini features on a number of the groups will be included
in the show.
My thanks to Lane Quigley for his provision of
the sound bites on this show.
This show also begins my 16th. year on
"The Rockit" may the ride continue!!!!!
The Play List is as follows:
1. Deserie-The Charts 1957
2. Mary Lee-The Rainbows 1954
3. Iâ€™m So Happy-Lewis Lymon and The Chords 1956
4. Make Believe World-The Kodaks 1958
5. Angel Face-The Vocaleers 1954
6. Where Are You-The Mello-Moods 1952
7. Hurry Home-The Vocaleers 1953
8. Be True-The Vocaleers 1952
9. Oh Where-The Vocaleers 1953
10. At Last-The Velvets 1953
11. I Walk Alone-The Vocaleers 1953
12. Tell Her-The Velvets 1954
13. I Cried-The Velvets 1954
14. Honey,Honey-Lewis Lymon and The Teen Chords 1957
15. Sound Bite-Lewis Lymon
16. Lydia-Lewis Lymon and The Teen Chords 1956
17. Iâ€™m Not Too Young To Fall In Love-Lewis Lymon and The Teen Chords 1957
18. Falling In Love-Lewis Lymon and The Teen Chords 1957
19. Love Doll-The Scarlets 1955
20. Sound Bite and Dear One-Fred Parris and The Scarlets 1954
21. True Love-The Scarlets 1955
22. Cry Baby-The Scarlets 1955
CLARKE JAMES (CJ THE DJ) WITH THE ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN' RECORD REVIEW WITH 50S ROCK AND ROLL ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5262
With Doo Wop, 50s Rock and Roll and Rockabilly all
thrown in the mix it always makes for a great show and
here is Clarke James with another fantastic set of
rockers when you click to that speaker in our program
page to show #5262. Here is what you will hear.
March 2015 marks the one year anniversary of the
Rockin' n' Rollin' Record Review on Rock-it Radio.
THANK YOU to everyone at the Rock-it for allowing me
to air my program. Here's the latest playlist:
Rockin' n' Rollin' Record Review #15
1. Intro. Stack-A-Records (Partial) - Tom Tall
2. Bip Bop Boom - Mickey Hawks
3. Hard Headed Woman - Judy Layne
4. Foot Loose And Fancy Free - Flick Gipson
5. Passing By - The Versatiles
6. Surfer's Playmate - The Fleetwoods
7. Comin' On Too Strong - Wayne Newton
8. What Is Love - The Fi-Dels
9. Pleading For Your Love - The Four Dots
10. My Only Love - The C-Quins
11. Goddess Of Love - Lee Mareno
12. Rockin' On The Moon - Bill Riley
13. First Man On Mars - Jackie Fautheree
14. Long Time Alone - Danny (Sly) Stewart
15. There Goes My Love - The Fantastics
16. Oh Little One - Jack Scott
17. The Flame - Conway Twitty
18. Do You Remember - The Skarlettones
19. Tra La La - The Majors
20. Rockin' Daddy - Eddie Bond
21. Midnight Dreams - Tommy Bell
22. A Star In The Sky - The Debs
23. Midnight Star - The Misfits
24. New York's A Lonely Town - The Tradewinds
25. I Miss My Surfer Boy Too - The Westwoods
26. Give Her Up (Baby) - Jessica James And The Outlaws
27. Diddle-Dee-Dum (What Happens When Your Love Is Gone) - The Belmonts
28. This Is It - The Paris Brothers
29. Piano Nellie - Bobby Brant
30. Green Onions - Booker T. & The MG'S
31. Apache- The Shadows
32. Havin' A Whole Lot Of Fun - Johnny Jano
THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5263
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and
expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos,
California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost
his studios to produce his shows.
But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio.
In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been
shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features
Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock
Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl
from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of
these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the
next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH
JUKEBOX 1945 ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5264
Charles Brown: 1949-52
Charles Brown was the King of the Smoky Blues for over 50 years.
Growing up in Texas City, TX, he studied classical piano while
focusing his interests on science, becoming a chemistry teacher
for a short time. A move to Los Angeles in 1943, hooked him up
with Johnny Moore, who hired him to sing and play piano with
The Three Blazers. Right out of the gate, they scored a huge,
#2 R&B record in 1946 with Driftin Blues and would go
on to hit the top ten no less than 10 times over the next
2 years. This week's Juke in the Back focuses on Charles Brown's
career after he left Johnny Moore's Three Blazers in 1948.
As a solo artist, Brown kept the hits coming, racking up 5
top 10 records in 1949 alone. He scored 2 #1s with "Trouble Blues"
in 1949 and Black Night in 1951, 2 of the best selling records
in their respective years of release. Brown's star began to
fade as Rock n' Roll entered the mainstream during the mid-1950s,
but he would have a giant comeback in the 1980s and 1990s,
finally getting inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall Of Fame in 1999.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons â€" Mercury 1947
2. Johnny Moore's Three Blazer's - Medley Of Hits w/ Charles Brown â€" Philo, Modern & Exclusive Records 1946-48
3. Get Yourself Another Fool - Charles Brown Trio â€" Aladdin 1949
4. Long Time - Charles Brown Trio â€" Aladdin 1949
5. It's Nothing - Charles Brown Trio â€" Aladdin 1949
6. Trouble Blues - Charles Brown Trio â€" Aladdin 1949
7. Honey Keep Your Mind On Me - Charles Brown Trio â€" Aladdin 1949
8. In The Evening When The Sun Goes Down - Charles Brown Trio â€" Aladdin 1949
9. Homesick Blues - Charles Brown & His Smarties â€" Aladdin 1949
10. Let's Have A Ball - Charles Brown & His Smarties â€" Aladdin 1949
11. I'll Miss You - Charles Brown w/ Johnny Moore's Three Blazers â€" Exclusive 1949
12. My Baby's Gone - Charles Brown & His Band â€" Aladdin 1950
13. GREAT 78* Oh! Oh! Sugar - Charles Brown Trio â€" Aladdin 1949
14. Black Night - Charles Brown & His Band â€" Aladdin 1951
15. I'll Always Be In Love With You - Charles Brown & His Band â€" Aladdin 1951
16. Seven Long Days - Charles Brown & His Band â€" Aladdin 1951
17. Hard Times - Charles Brown & His Band â€" Aladdin 1952
18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins â€" Bluebird 1946
DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5265
The relics and rarities show with your host Dave the Rave.
Flashes back and digs out of his vinyl vault of 1000s of
LP's and 45s some of the rarest and coolest 60s Rock and Roll,
to be had. Here is this shows playlist.
1. Straight Scepter - Don and the Goodtimes
2. Express Yourself - Charles Watts and the 103rd Street Rhythm Band
3. Paris Blues - Tony Middleton
4. Havin So Much Fun - Gary US Bonds
5. Please Don't Make Me Blue- Norm Richards
6. Four Strong Winds - Bruce and Terry
7. Girls On The Go - Happenings
8. I Ain't Playing Baby - Taurus and Leo
9. Love Is A Bird - Knickerbockers
10. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - Beatles
11. Standing On The Corner - Harrison Bros.
12. Meet Me At The Twistin' Place - Johnny Morisette
13. All That's Good - Tico Mills
14. I'm On The Outside Looking In - Eddie Holland
15. Stop And Listen - The Shag
16. You're The Kind Of Girl - Fugitives
17. Love Years Coming - Strawberry Children
1. Nut Rocker - B Bumble and the Stingers
2. Cherry Bomb - Runaways
3. (I Wish It Could Be) 1965 Again - Barracudas
4. Eight Days A Week - Beatles
5. Don't Stop- Pierre and Anne-Lyse
6. Don't Feel Sorry For Me - Jimmy Ruffin
7. That's The Way Love Is - Tom Storm and the Peps
8. Everlasting Love - Love Affair
9. Situation Sad - Finnegan's Wake
10. Tell Her No - Zombies
11. Mine All Mine - Bobbi Smith and the Dream Girls .
12. Hats Off To Larry - Del Shannon
13. How Could You Have Known - The Bats
14. If You're Thinkin' What I'm Thinkin' - Dino, Desi and Billy
15. Chain Of Fools - Aretha Franklin
16. Chains Of Love - Candy and the Kisses
17. Don't Throw Stones - Firebeats
18. Lonely Too Long - Sandpipers
19. I'll Keep On Trying - Mark Five (Discovery of Week)
20. Inferno - Johnny C and the Blazers
18. Living Dream - Lenny Miles (Discovery of Week)
19. A Patent On Love - Newbeats
All the Rock-it Radio shows are available on CD
Each show is only $9.50 each and you can order
in bulk and shipping will never be more then $2.00.
Ask for a secure paypal invoice -- information is at:
100'S OF VINTAGE ROCK AND ROLL VIDEOS ON FILE IN
OUR VIDEO SITE AT ROCK-IT RADIO:
CHECK IT OUT AT:
COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A
LIKE FROM YOU!
The Rock-it Radio Facebook Site.
HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more --
We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it
Radio. You can find it at:
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2015
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows
for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc.
Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the
1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on
our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation
we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio
show like we offer in our Online store.
FEBRUARY END OF THE MONTH DRAWING OF WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by
purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the
either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
Or by going and ordering Rock-it Radio shows at:
The February 2015 Winners this month are:
Ralph Mullins -- Highland, Calif. USA
Tina Elkins -- Cleveland, Ohio USA
Allen Arneson -- Minnetonka, Minnesota USA
SUPER MEGA WINNER - WINNER OF 10 SHOW
OF THEIR CHOICE !!!!!!!!
Ricky Mendez -- Jefferson City, Missouri USA
Each of you have won your choice of 3 vintage
Rock Radio programs (The Super Mega winner won 10!)
from our online store at:
or you can order Rock-it Radio Shows if you prefer on CD
You have until
us know of your choices.
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to
have along with a mailing address and we will got those
items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank you for helping
support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have October drawings
as well at the first week of next month.
|RECRUITING FOR RADIO PERSONALITIES FOR |
Do you know your 50s and 60s Rock & Roll, Doo wop
or Rockabilly? And the ability to produce a show
We do require a playlist for this newsletter but
your show will stay online for the world for approx.
3 weeks. Unlike some stations where you broadcast one
time and it's gone forever.
If interested check out our Rock-it Radio Team page
We are also looking for writers and translators!
|SPRING HAS SPRUNG - THE PERFECT TIME OF YEAR|
TO WEAR A ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRT!
Have you seen the new full line of Rock-it Radio T shirts that have been Released. With new designs by Rock-it Radio's own Jammin' Jan.
Each Rock-it Radio T shirt is only $16.00 each plus shipping. And 100% of
All monies goes to keeping Rock-it Radio Online.
Come check out the latest styles.:
Check Website for updates and availability
|Rockitradio.net e mail addresses No More!|
Myself and our DJ's here at Rock-it Radio has been
inundated with spam in our rockitradio.net averaging
100 to 200 spam e mails a day. Sadly, we have had to
do away with the rockitradio.net e mail system to contact
our DJ's. If you wish to contact our DJ's you still can,
just use our main station e mail address at:
And in the subject line type in who you would like
the e mail to go to and we will gladly pass it along.
|ROCK-IT RADIO JOINS THE CX RADIO NETWORK|
We are happy to report that their is now another way
for you to tune into Rock-it Radio Online. It is thru
the CXX Radio Network and you can hear our stream at:
|2 NEW ONLINE RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO STORE|
WOLFMAN JACK PILOT SHOW ON CAPITAL RADIO LONDON.
In December 1974 Wolfman Jack the icon DJ of the 60s
thru the 80s in America had a huge syndicated following.
He decided to try his luck in England and did a pilot
program on Capital Radio 98.5 FM in London. We have
the first two hours of that broadcast now on CD! Uncut
and Unedited just like you would of heard it back then.
You can pay by paypal or check (U.S.) or money order.
You can find the playlist and information below.
Hour #1 - Wolfman Jack Capital Radio London 28 Dec. 1974 Hour #1
Hour #2 - Wolfman Jack Capital Radio London 28 Dec. 1974 Hour #2
We do have 100s of vintage rock radio shows from remastered onto Compact Disc
you can see the listing in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
|COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA|
What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans.
Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
|OUR LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD!|
We have added another 3 new vintage rock and roll shows this week on Rock-it Radio. They are all remastered and placed on CD.
And Uncut and Unedited just like you would of heard these shows back then.
1. RIR #638 New Release Part I -- DJ Howard Smith interviewing John Lennon
and Yoko Ono from 1969 over WABC New York City. Great historical recording
and interview of one of the Fab 4!
2. RIR #639 New Release Part II of interview from 1969 of John Lennon
and Yoko Ono from 1969 by Howard Smith over WABC FM in New York City.
3. RIR #640 New Release DJ Hy Lit over WIFI - Philadelphia Top 40 Radio
from 12 July, 1973 now on CD in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad site
and our Ebay Store.
And Don't forget other releases this month as well!
1. Wolfman Jack - WBJW Orlando, Florida from 5/10/1978
2. RIR #634 - Mad Daddy Pete Myers from July 1964 over WINS 1010 AM in
New York City.
3. RIR #635 - Rosko Mercer Pt. 1 over KDIA Oakland, Calif. From 12/28/1963
4. NEW! RIR #636 Pt. of Rosko Mercer at KDIA Oakland, California from 12/28/1963
Begins where RIR #635 left off.
5. NEW! RIR #637 - Leon Keyes - KLAK - Denver Colorado - Traditional Country
Station with great country music! From 4/29/1965
We do have 100s of vintage rock radio shows from remastered onto Compact Disc
you can see the listing in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
REMEMBERING OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO IN THE UK
In the mid 1960s it was difficult for the youth to actually listen to Rock and Roll in the UK. The BBC actually ran only a few hours a weekend to provide the young Brits with this outlet. At night during the week they ventured to even tune into Radio Luxembourg to get there fill, that broadcast rock and pop around the clock.
To fill this void some venture capitalists decided to bring in commercial radio aboard refitted radio ships. And anchor themselves just off into International waters off the English coast. Radio Caroline (named after Caroline Kennedy the U.S. President's daughter at the time) and Radio London being the most famous.
Rock-it Radio has a website dedicated to their ventures and also have actual radio broadcasts available of these offshore pirates. We invite you to check them out our webpage at:
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the
popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a
search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that
I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Rock-it Radio listed.
Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at:
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 28 March, 2015
This week in our archives page at:
This week: Knock off group -- 'The American Beetles' from June 20, 1964
singing School Days on American Bandstand.
And check out the 100s of vintage music videos we have
|MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??|
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PAGE...
Remember you can check out all the Rock-it Radio DJ's
and read the bios of these DJ's that make these
Rock-it Radio Shows possible at:
And don't forget for even more pictures --
there is our picture page at:
HOORAY FOR ROCK-IT RADIO AS WE ENTER OUR 20TH
YEAR!!! 1995 - 2015 !!!
IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our
updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start
scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from March 12, 2015 to
March 28, 2015.
We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides.
Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always
welcome and you can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WELCOME ABOARD TO:
Chris Chickering -- New Hampshire, USA
Michael Britt -- Belden, Mississipppi USA
in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at:
And 126 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of
240 new members to the Rock-it Radio
Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have
80,310members that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music
of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this
music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please
share the information of this station. And if you have
a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio
link on your page.
There are a few to choose from in our link page at:
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only
$9.50 U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at
the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order
one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail.
Instructions where to send payment is at our webpage:
If you are a member of paypal (http://www.paypal.com) you can e mail directly
and let me know via e mail (email@example.com) what shows you would
like we can send you a paypal invoice within 24 hours.
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you
help keep these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
And at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but actually
some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at Rock-it Radio.
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
1. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show
2. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974
3. RIR #623 -- Big Jim Edwards - CKLW Windsor, Ont. 12/1/1969
4. RIR #135 -- Rock-it Radio 1000th show Celebration 3 CD set
5. RIR #522 -- Joel Sebastian - WLS Chicago - 2 shows from 1970 & 1971
6. RIR #426 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968 2 cd set
7. RIR #466 -- 3 Vintage early Beatles Interviews w/ Tom Lodge and Murray the K
8. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor (Detroit) 7/12/1967
9. RIR #584 -- Lane Quigley - Rock-it Radio - Gene Pitney Tribute
10. RIR #116 -- Casey Kasem - KRLA Los Angeles 5/27/1965
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
or in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html(listed by date)
and in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name
or Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is what keeps
Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys these!
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
WEEK ENDING 3/28/2015
We are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 210 Countries that
tune us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far
this month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
2. Brazil +1
3. United Kingdom -1
4. Canada +0
5. Hungary +5
6. France +0
7. Germany -2
8. Netherlands -1
9. Ireland -1
10. Australia -1
11. Belgium +0
12. Spain +0
13. Croatia +2
14. Italy +4
15. Japan +1
16. Russia -3
17. Sweden -3
18. Philippines -3
19. Switzerland +0
20. Mexico +1
21. Norway +2
22. Finland +6
23. China -1
24. South Africa +2
25. Czech Republic +3
26. Austria -6
27. Estonia -2
28. Saudi Arabia -6
29. Thailand -3
30. Slovakia +4
31. Romania +13
32. Poland -2
33. Argentina +2
34. India +6
35. New Zealand +16
36. Denmark +9
37. Iran -9
38. Serbia +0
39. Portugal +4
40. Ukraine +13
41. Morocco +10
42. United Arab Emirates +6
43. Greece -7
44. Chile +11
45. Kuwait +9
46. Hong Kong +12
47. Bosnia & Herzegovina +6
48. Algeria +10
49. Singapore +5
50. Bulgaria +9
U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0
2. New York +2
3. Florida -1
4. Pennsylvania -1
5. Washington +0
6. Texas +0
7. Ohio +0
8. Massachusetts +3
9. New Jersey +0
10. Illinois -2
11. Michigan +2
12. Maryland -2
13. Virginia -3
14. Wisconsin +4
15. North Carolina -1
16. Georgia +1
17. Arizona -3
18. Tennessee +2
19. Kentucky +3
20. Indiana +3
21. Missouri -5
22. Alabama -4
23. Colorado -4
24. Connecticut +0
25. Idaho +6
26. Rhode Island +1
27. Kansas -2
28. Oregon -2
29. South Carolina -2
30. New Mexico +5
31. Nevada +6
32. Iowa +2
33. Delaware +5
34. Minnesota -4
35. Arkansas -7
36. Louisiana -11
37. Nebraska -5
38. Oklahoma -11
39. District of Columbia +4
40. New Hampshire +1
41. West Virginia -2
42. Hawaii +0
43. Utah -6
44. Montana +2
45. Wyoming +0
46. Alaska +3
47. Mississippi -3
48. South Dakota +3
49. Maine -2
50. North Dakota -2
51. Vermont -2
you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further
Come tune into the World on your computer!
1000s of stations around the world now broadcast online. We have a
link to some of the internet top directories to help you find these stations.