SHOWS #4021 TO #4030
|Hello Rock-it Radio Listeners,|
Another 10 shows this week with a great mix of oldies that
you will only hear right here on Rock-it Radio. Also, another
six releases of vintage radio broadcasts in the Launching Pad.
Also, we have a new premiere show here on Rock-it Radio
and the Doo Wop lovers should definetly like it. Check out
Rockin' Daddy O's Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party show in
Rock-it Radio show #4030.
And also don't forget that our vintage radio broadcasts
in our rock-it radio launching pad store makes wonderful
nostalgic gifts. and there is still time for us to ship.
these are actual rock radio shows from the 50s thru the 70s
and you can check out our list at:
And your purchase is also a donation to help keep Rock-it
Radio on for 2012!
Our shows can be heard in our archives page at:
and click to the speaker on the left to hear the show.
Remember if you are new to Internet Radio and having trouble tuning in though --
Check out our webpage to help you out at:
REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To
be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the
same time. For complete information check out our program
ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are
studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we
can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like
to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are
broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker
at our program page at:
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a
show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as
| MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW|
ON ROCK-IT RADIO #3991 - TRIBUTE TO ETTA JAMES
Producer Jerry Wexler called Etta James, "The greatest of all
modern blues singers." That's great praise coming from a guy
who worked with the greatest of the greats for 50 years.
Etta James, who passed away at the age of 73 on January 20, 2012
had an amazing talent for mixing a bit of tenderness and heartbreak
into her gritty, tough and soulful voice. She had a style all her own
and she played by her own rules. Her success on record was
equally matched by her personal failures off-mic, dealing with
drug addiction, bad relationships and financial problems.
On this week's "Juke In The Back," Matt The Cat looks at how
this incredible legend got started, focusing on Etta's first recordings
from 1954 to her great rise in 1960. Through these records,
you'll hear that even in her early days, Etta's music had great
depth and variety. We honor the late, great Etta James, this
week on the "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947
2. The Wallflower - Etta James & "The Peaches" - Modern 1955
3. Hold Me, Squeeze Me - Etta James & "The Peaches" - Modern 1955
4. Hey Henry - Etta James - Modern 1955
5. Be Mine - Etta James - Modern 1955
6. Good Rockin' Daddy - Etta James - Modern 1955
7. Crazy Feeling - Etta James - Modern 1955
8. W-O-M-A-N - Etta James - Modern 1955
9. Number One - Etta James - Modern 1956
10. Tears Of Joy - Etta "Miss Peaches" James - Modern 1956
11. Tough Lover - Etta James - Modern 1956
12. Good Lookin' - Etta James - Modern 1956
13. GREAT 78 - Come What May - Etta James - Modern 1957
14. The Pick-Up - Etta James - Modern 1957
15. Baby Baby Every Night - Etta James - Kent 1958
16. All I Could Do Was Cry - Etta James - Argo 1960
17. If I Can't Have You - Etta & Harvey - Chess 1960
18. At Last - Etta James - Argo 1961
19. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
All the DJ's here at Rock-it Radio love to hear from their
listeners. If you have any comments or requests or just to
welcome Matt and his new show here on Rock-it Radio you
can e mail him at: Mattthecat@rockitradio.net
MATT THE CAT AND A DOO WOP CRUISE IN 2012
2012 Oldies But Goodies Doo Wop Cruise Out Of New York City
Join our own Matt The Cat as MC on Norwegian Cruise Line's
new luxury ship, the Norwegian Gem, as we bring back the greatest
Doo Wop recording legends of the 1950s & 60s.
You'll see ...
The Five Keys,
Otis Williams & The Charms,
and Johnnie & Joe
and more on the Oldies But Goodies Cruise, sailing to the Bahamas from New
York City May 12-19, 2012. For more information, please call
1-800-818-3739 or visit www.mlccruises.com .
And let them know you heard it through Rock-it Radio.
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND
GROOVIN' OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4022
DJ Spinning Rock Boogie is back this week for the Movin' and
Groovin' Show with this show titled 'Animal Capers' and
is a series of songs that have gone to the animals. Here
is the playlist.
02. Fanfare Boogie (instrumental) - Eric Winstone & His Orchestra (56) Pye
03. Rock And Roll King Cole - Eric Delaney & His Band (57) Pye
04. Rock With The Caveman - Tommy Steele & The Steelmen (56) Decca
05. Brand New Cadillac - Vince Taylor & The Playboys (59) Parlophone
06. Move It - Cliff Richard & The Drifters (58) Columbia
07. Shakin' All Over - Johnny Kidd & The Pirates (59) HMV
08. Mais Oui - The King Brothers (60) Parlophone
09. Go Back To Daddy - Pat Wayne & The Beachcombers (63) Columbia
10. Quatermassters Store (instrumental) - The Shadows (60) Columbia
11. My Baby Left Me - Dave Berry & The Cruisers (63) Decca
12. Getting Ready For Freddy - Alma Cogan (58) HMV
13. Fabulous - Alma Cogan (57) HMV
14. This Little Girl's Gone Rockin' - Janis Peters (58) Columbia
15. Rampart Street Rock (instrumental) - Winifred Atwell (56) Decca
16. Margo - Billy Fury (59) Decca
17. We Have It Made - Cliff Richard & The Shadows (60) Columbia
18. Left Out Again - Cliff Richard & The Shadows (60) Columbia
19. Tears On My Pillow - Neville Taylor & The Cutters (58) Parlophone
20. Raunchy (instrumental) - Ken Mackintosh & His Orchestra (58) HMV
21. Razzle Dazzle / Shortnin' Bread - Ken Jones & His Rock 'n' Rollers (56)
22. Off Beat Rock (instumental) - Victor Silvester & His Rock 'n' Roll
Rhythm (57) Columbia
23. Charlie Brown - The Ray Ellington Big Band (59) Pye-Nixa
24. Be My Girl - Jim Dale (57) Parlophone
25. Scavanger - Doug Salma & The Highlanders (62) Phillips
26. Hop Skip And Jump - The King Brothers (59) Parlophone
27. Rock Boogie Shuffle - Tony Crombie & His Rockets (57) Columbia
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does
Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request
to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to
him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
MIKE BOLLEA JUKEBOX PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO
In this show Mike Bollea and the Jukebox Party and Mike is
playing his favorites in show #4023. Unfortunately, we don't
have a playlist for this show.
If you would like to e mail Mike Bollea with requests,
comments etc. you can reach
him at: Jukeboxparty@rockitradio.net
ROCKIN' WITH WANDA SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Rockin' Wanda is back this week with another set of rockin'
tunes with plenty of Elvis Presley as well. Here is the playlist
of what you will hear when you click to the speaker to show
1. Blue River - Elvis Presley
2. Doncha Think It's Time - Elvis Presley
3. Temptation - Everly Brothers
4. Oh RoseMarie - Fascinations
5. Endless Sleep - Jimmy Ellis (Orion)
6. Elvis Movie - Stephanie Beck Williams
7. Ain't That Lovin' You Baby - Elvis Presley
8. A Thing Called Love - Elvis Presley
9. Mr. Bassman - Johnny Cymbal
10. Fever - Little Willie John
11. Fever - Elvis Presley
12. Shout - Dartmouth Aires
13. Percolator (Twist) - Billy Joe & Checkmates
14. (Now & Then There's) A Fool Such As I - Elvis Presley
15. Don't Be Cruel - Elvis Presley
16. Be Bop Baby - Ricky Nelson
17. At My Front Door (Crazy Little Mama) - El Dorados
18. She Say - Diamonds
19. Devil In Disguise - Elvis Presley
20. I'll Be Back - Elvis Presley
Thank You Wanda for another rockin' show! If you would like
to send Wanda a comment or to say Hello you can reach her
BILL GREEN ROCK AND ROLL RETROSPECTIVE SHOW
WITH THE GIANT JUKEBOX ON SHOW #4025
Lots of fine Rock 'n Roll selections on this Giant Juke Box
edition of the Retro Show. As always host Bill Green presents
wide variety of music from Elvis to the Ringleaders. And be
sure to check out the four Marcels' musical match ups with
the original releases. This is one Rock-it ride you don't
want to miss.
1) Pretty Little Angel - The Crests (1958)
2) The Angels Listened In - The Crests (1959)
3) Trouble In Paradise - The Crests (1960)
4) Cut It Out - Joe Tex (1958)
5) I'm Leaving - Johnny Nash (1964)
6) Little Red Rooster - Sam Cooke (1963)
7) Smokie part 2 - Bill Black's Combo (1959)
8) I Forgot To Remember To Forget - Elvis Presley (1955)
9) Angel On My Shoulder - Shelby Flint (1961)
10) Wonderful Summer - Robin Ward (1963)
11) Goodbye To Love - The Chantels (1959)
12) Goodbye To Love - The Marcels (1961)
13) Two People In The World - Little Anthony & The Imperials (1958)
14) Two People In The World - The Marcels (1961)
15) Sunday Kind Of Love - The Harptones (1953)
16) Sunday Kind Of Love - The Marcels (1961)
17) Most Of All - The Moonglows (1955)
18) Most Of All - The Moonglows (1961)
19) Baby What Happened To Our Love - The Ringleaders (1965)
20) Next Door To The Blues - Etta James (1961)
21) Hey Hey Hey Hey - Johnny Otis (1957)
22) You've Really Got A Hold On Me - The Miracles (1962/63)
23) Please Let Me Wonder - The Beach Boys (1965)
24) Night Life - Rusty Draper (1963)
Rockin' Bill pulls it out again with another fantastic selection
of music. Would you like to write to Bill for a future request
in his show or just to give a big hello you can reach him at:
AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH WITH FEATURE ON EARLY
R&B GREAT PAUL HUCLEBUCK WILLIAMS ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4026
This show features saxophone dominated R&B with special
emphasis on Paul Williams and his Orchestra. His importance
in the development of Rock and Roll is discussed as the show
progresses. The show features some truly great late 40's and
early 50s Rhythm and Blues that is bound to get your feet going.
The play list is as follows:
1.Boogie Mr. Williams-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1947
2. Wine-O-Baby-Big Joe Turner 1948
3. Marshall Plan-Big Al Sears 1951
4. Slowly Going Crazy-H-Bomb Ferguson 1952
5. Boogie Boogie-Cecil Gant 1947
6. The Hucklebuck-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1948
7. Huckle-Boogie-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1952
8.The Twister-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1948
9. Midnight Jump-Hal Singer 1949
10. Maneater-Big Jay McNeely 1948
11. House Rockin' -Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1949
12. Back Bender-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1949
13. 35-30 Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1947
14. Spider Sent Me-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1951
15. Come With Me Baby-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1947
16. Waxie Maxie-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1948
17. Deacon's Hop-Big jay McNeely 1948
18. Creole Alley-Lee Allen 1954
19. Hello-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1955
20. Rockit Davy Crockett-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1955
21. It's Over-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1955
22. You're Breaking My Heart No More-Paul Williams and his Orchestra 1955
Thanks Al for the surf sound series here on Rock-it Radio!
If you have a request or idea for a future show or would
just like to send Al an E mail you can reach him at:
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4027
Rock, pop, blues, doo wop, r&b and everything else that was
featured on your radio during the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio ---
that's what you'll find on this week's Memory Lane Show on
Rock-it Radio. The playlist includes a group of guys that sound
like one of the most popular GIRL groups of their day; a song
from a cool concert movie; a pre-teen that turned into a superstar;
a couple of hot 1964 remakes of 50's tunes; some bitchin'
instrumentals; and the usual array of sound bites from the folks
who created the music. Join host Lane Quigley for this stroll
down Memory Lane exclusively on Rock-it Radio.
1. No Particular Place To Go - Chuck Berry 1964
2. Brontosaurus Stomp - The Piltdown Men 1960
3. Everlovin' - Robin Luke 1960
4. Baby What You Want Me To Do - Jimmy Reed 1960
5. Little Egypt - The Coasters 1960
6. Blues Blasters Shuffle - Jimmy McCracklin & His Blues Blasters 1948
7. From All Over The World - Jan & Dean 1965
8. Call His Name - Christine Kittrell 1955
9. Promise Her Anything - The Stratfords 1964
10. Funny Feeling - Brenda Lee 1960
11. I've Been Loving You Too Long - Otis Redding 1965
12. Tarantula - The Tarantulas 1961
13. Have Love Will Travel - The Imperialites 1964
14. Oh Boy - Jackie DeShannon 1964
15. She Makes Me Mad - George Benson 1954
16. Boogie Woogie Teenage - Don Julian & The Meadowlarks 1956
17. Louisiana Mama - Gene Pitney 1961
18. Mardi Gras Mambo - The Hawkettes 1954
19. Midnight - Johnny Gibson 1962
20. Treat Her Tough - Jimmy Soul 1963
21. How Fine Can One Guy Be - The Jelly Beans 1964
22. It's Over - Roy Orbison 1964
23. A Taste of Honey - Eddie Cano 1962
24. Come To Me - The Quadrells 1956
25. Magic Eyes - Nicki North & The Citations 1963
Thank you Lane for another fantastic set of memories
from Top 40 radio. If you have any requests for future
shows for Lane or just to say Hello or comments - you
can send an e mail to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete is back this week with usual fun listen of Scratchy 45's -
Remastered Doo Wop on CD and of course the Silly Song
Segment. Here is the playlist of what
you will hear in this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions
(opening theme song) (1982)
2. I Can't Believe-Dino & The Diplomats (1961)
3. I Just Can't Help It-Jackie Wilson & group (1962)
4. Mickey Mouse Chant-Yesterday's News (1979)
5. Satisfied-Part II-The Cashmeres (1960)
6. Come on Home-The Raindrops (circa late 1950s)
" 'Bye, Bye Baby' Special ":
7. Bye, Bye Baby-The Keynotes (1956)
8. Bye, Bye Baby-The Channels (1958)
9. Bye, Bye Baby-Mary Wells (1961)
10. Bye, Bye Baby-The Ovations (xxxx)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Woo-Hoo (instrumental)-The Rock-A-Teens (1958)
12. The Bird's the Word-The Fowls (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Fatal Charms of Love (original version)-The Four Cheers (1958)
14. Pretty Girl-The Golden Bells (1959)
15. Ride of Paul Revere-The Monotones (1958)
16. Que Sera, Sera-The High Keyes (1963)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. I'll Show You How to Love Me-Cannibal & The Headhunters (1965)
18. Switchie Witchie Titchie-The Midnighters (1955)
19. Please Believe Me-The Elegants (1958)
20. Lundee Dundee-The Versatiles (1958)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Girl of Mine-The El Capris (circa 1955)
22. Priceless-The Hurricanes (1957)
23. Heavenly Father-The Chessmen (mid 1960s)
24. I Believe-Battery Park (1972)
25. My Girl-The DeMolyrs (circa late 1950s)
26. Zu-Zu-The Five Discs (early 1990s)
Do you have a special Doo Wop Request?? I bet Pete Chaston
could very well have it! Or if you would like to send a comment
or hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4029
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will
definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B
author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does
ID each song in his show.
If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to
Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
PREMIERE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROCKIN' DADDY O AND THE ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE
PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4030.
The premiere show of something new in Doo Wop here at Rock-it
Radio - with Rockin' Daddy O spinning some Doo Wop music of
the 50s and early 60s with the style that only the Rockin' Daddy O
can deliver. So, make sure to give this show a listen and let us
know what you think! Here is the playlist of what you will hear
when you click in our program webpage to show #4030.
1. Let's Rock 'N' Roll-Cadets
2. What Did She Say-Solitaires
3. Lover Please-Clyde Mcphatter
4. Buzz Buzz Buzz-Hollywood Flames
5. Love You Baby-Fi Tones Quintette
6. Baby Workout-Jackie Wilson
7. Don't Mess Around With My Love-Sonny Til & Orioles
8. The Trakey-Doo-Tony Allen & Twilighters
9. My Lonely Friend-Continentals
10. Jungle Fever-Grand Prees
11. Fine Girl-Calvaes
12. The Be-Bop Mouse-Cellos
13. Be My Pussy Cat-Boptones
14. Gonna Get Me A Satellite-Little Ernest Tucker
15. Let Your Love Light Shine-Kac-Ties
16. Everyday's A Holiday-Hollywood Saxons
17. Forever-Little Duck & Drakes
18. You Told Another Lie-Little Pete & Youngsters
19. What Brought Us Together-Edsels
20. I Really Love You-Stereos
21. The Girl With The Wind In Her Hair-Jive Five
22. Tight Skirt And Sweater-Versatones
23. Mope-Itty Mope-Boss-Tones
24. Sweet Breeze-Vernon Green & Phantoms
We sincerely hope you enjoy this show on Rock-it Radio
as we continue the endeavor of keeping this music alive.
If you enjoy these shows would you please let the DJ's know,
they would truly love to hear it I know.
If you would like to contact Rockin' Daddy O you can at:
OLD TIME ROCK AND ROLL RADIO SHOWS REMASTERED ON CD - HELP SUPPORT ROCK-IT RADIO.
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2012
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and
remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s
to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
AND WHEN YOU PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE IT IS A
DONATION TO HELP KEEP ROCK-IT RADIO ONLINE!
|NEW LIVE FEED CHANNEL ON ROCK-IT RADIO|
We have a new live feed channel here on Rock-it Radio and a
new live feed webpage as well. Now when you click to the VU
Sound Meter on our live feed on Rock-it Radio. You will be
redirected to a new webpage that will automatically play our
latest shows here on Rock-it Radio.
The website address is:
|FEBRUARY END OF MONTH WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR|
LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS.
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a random
drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by purchasing
either Rock-it Radio Shows through either the Rock-it Radio
Launching pad - http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Or by going and ordering Rock-it Radio shows at:
The February Winners this month are:
Annette Bitterman -- Cheektowaga, New York USA
John Mosby -- Charlotte, North Carolina USA
Gregory Franck -- Mundelein, Illinois USA
SUPER MEGA WINNER - WINNER OF 10 SHOWS
OF THEIR CHOICE !!!!!!!!
Wes Edwards -- Long Beach, California USA
Each of you have won your choice of 3 vintage Rock Radio
programs (The Super Mega winner won 10!) from our online store at:
or you can order Rock-it Radio Shows if you prefer on CD
You have until March 31, 2012 to let us write back and let
us know of your choices.
Either way Congratulations and let me know what you would
like to have along with a mailing address and we will got
those items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank
you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will
have March drawings as well at the last week of next month.
our e mail address is: email@example.com
|NEW BLOG CREATED FOR ROCK-IT RADIO|
In the last newsletter we reported with the disbanning of
blogstream - we lost 7 years of archived playlists here of
many 100 programs that go back to 2005. We want to give a
big thank you to DJ Jack Bradshaw that contacted us and let
us know that he has the newsletters going back to 2007. So,
that is a big help. And a big thank you to him.
Also, we have created a new blog to store our newsletters
and it is with blogspot - owned by Microsoft and I think they
might be around for awhile. The blog is in it's infancy but
you can check it out at:
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 13 March, 2012
This week in our archives page at:
dance classic as everyone does the 'Locomotion!"
check out the 100s of vintage music videos we have listed
in our Video webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/video.html
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PAGE...
Remember you can check out all the Rock-it Radio DJ's
and read the bios of these DJ's that make these
Rock-it Radio Shows possible at:
And don't forget for even more pictures --
there is our picture page at:
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from March 8, 2012 to February 13, 2012..
We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Simpson -- Palmer, Alaska USA
Since our major advertising campaign began it is physically
impossible for me to list all the new members in our Facebook
site -- We have gained 1006 new members in our listeners club
in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week.
We have added 1007 new members to the Rock-it Radio
Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 50,793 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
We hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll, Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio. Remember, we are here for you!
So if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is:
|SIX MORE NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT |
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Following the 3 new releases from last week in the Rock-it
Radio Launching Pad - We have released another 6 more vintage
radio broadcasts of actual radio shows - remastered onto CD.
RIR #571 -- Art Roberts on WLS in Chicago from 5 September, 1966
Great Mid 60's Music in this show!
RIR #572 -- 2 Texas Rock Shows of the early 70s.
featuring Steve Lundy on KILT Houston from 9/3/1970.
and Blaine Leist of KINT in El Paso from 1971
RIR #573 -- Ron Lundy filling in for Robin Scott on WIL in St. Louis
from 28 November 1962 with early rock and pop.
RIR #574 -- Terry Steele in CHUM 1050 AM in Toronto, Ontario Canada
Top 40 Radio from 15 April, 1976
RIR #575 -- Jim Stagg on KYW in Cleveland with Rock and Pop from
1962 on a show dated 10 September, 1962
RIR #576 -- Roby Yonge - WABC New York City - infamous broadcast
that suggests that Paul McCartney is dead. DJ was terminated after this
show! From 21 October, 1969.
Of course all of our listings can be viewed online.
In chronological order by State.
Or you can view them in order by date at:
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
A big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our main source
of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another hearty thank you to all
the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping out in this project of getting more
playlists out so that these shows can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
Simply go to our Launching Pad site at:
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
And we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio Launching Pad
store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees, internet bandwidth etc.
that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these vintage broadcasts do make wonderful
nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
When you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show you the playlist
of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it Launching Pad goes back to
Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music alive and pay the bills that we must pay to
continue broadcasting. And their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
Rock-it Store at:
|100'S OF VINTAGE ROCK AND ROLL VIDEOS ON FILE IN OUR VIDEO SITE AT ROCK-IT RADIO: |
CHECK IT OUT AT:
|SAVE MONEY ON PRINTER INK THROUGH ROCK-IT|
One of the biggest office expenses here at Rock-it Radio is
printer ink. Everytime we would go to Staples or Office Mart
we would pay $50 to $100 on printer ink. We have been able
to cut that cost in half with mailorder through 123 inkjet. We
liked the savings so much we have endorsed and became a
affiliate of this service. So, cut your printer ink costs in half
and help Rock-it Radio at the same time, by ordering through
123 Inkjets on our webpage. The link is at the bottom of our
main webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net
I hope you will be as pleasantly surprised as I was with the
savings of printer ink!
Or go direct to check out the printer ink savings at:
DO YOU USE YAHOO MESSENGER ????????????
We would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50 U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is at our webpage:
If you are a member of paypal (http://www.paypal.com) you can e mail directly and let me know via e mail (email@example.com) what shows you would like we can send you a paypal invoice within 24 hours.
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
And at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at Rock-it Radio.
|ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!|
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can
join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other
Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even
more postings from Rock-it Radio.
If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you
can by going to:
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it
Radio DJ's as well.
=============================================ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started
their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case
you want to befriend them on Facebook.
Bennie Dingo -- http://www.facebook.com/bennie.dingoJohnny G of the Crusin' Show --
Clarke Davis -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1539968462
Pete Chaston -- http://www.facebook.com/doowoppete
Debbie Snowdove -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1217564981
Al 'Cool Daddy' Smith -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1376114314
Denny McConnell - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=681702967
Steve Propes -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1056562016
Brian Lee -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1407518927
Bill Green -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000205441237
Matt the Cat -- http://www.facebook.com/MattTheCatRadio
Trevor Hyland-- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=120817590371
Mike Taylor -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002386022160
Rockin' Daddy O -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003326286531
Debra Dynamite -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1449555571
Mel Ventures -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000038952127
Wanda Watson -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625377792
Mike Bollea -- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000031788611
DJ Spinning Rock Boogie- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003359252471
Kitty Espiritu -- http://www.facebook.com/kheetee.espiritu
DAILY ROCK-IT RADIO UPDATES NOW ON FACEBOOK
With the rapid increase of Facebook membership for Rock-it Radio and it's Facebook page -- We have added daily updates on this page.
If you are on Facebook and want to know the minute a new Rock-it Radio Show comes online in our program webpage. Come become a fan of our Facebook site at:
ROCK-IT RADIO FOOD CHANNEL -GIVE THE GIFT OF GOURMET FOOD YEAR ROUND
It's not oldies but it is delicious! We are continuing to expand our webpage dedicated to excellent food sources and even dieting. In the Rock-it Radio Food Channel. We have added more links to Ethnic foods you can order online and a few sites offering exotic meats and cheeses from around the world.
It lists various deals with ordering ethnic and gourmet food from
reputable places from around the world! And also some diet sites as
well in case you over do it :) -- When you click to a link that interests you on The Rock-it Radio Food Channel a small referral fee will be given to Rock-it Radio and help us keep these oldies playing online. The website for the new Rock-it Food Channel is:
|NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO |
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is:
|ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD HAS FACEBOOK PAGE Rock-it Radio now has a facebook webpage that is completely dedicated to the vintage broadcasts we offer in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. And get word of the latest releases and answer any questions. If you use Facebook we invite you to come in and check it out at this rather lengthy link. |
| ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER'S SAVE $$$|
WITH OUR COUPONS ....
Are you a coupon clipper??? Well now you can find and clip them online with our new service this week?? And save money on name brands. You can either go to this direct link at:
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio
http://www.rockitradio.net and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ... ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
GET NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD -- ON ROCK-IT RADIO
It's another public service on Rock-it Radio -- The Rock-it Radio
news webpage -- Let's you tune into Radio News Sources over your
computer from around the world. It is at:
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
1. RIR #541 -- Denny Sanders - WMMS Cleveland 1/13/1978
2. RIR #539 -- Cousin Brucie -- WABC New York City 9/7/1965
3. RIR #426 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968
4. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967
5. RIR #167 -- Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 3/10/1962
6. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1962
7. RIR #387 -- Joey Reynolds - WBBW Buffalo, NY Beatles Tribute 2/24/1964
8. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ - WNEW New York from 1974
9. RIR #517 -- Cousin Brucie WABC New York City 11/29/1967
10. RIR #523 -- Pat Holiday -- CKLW Windsor, Ontario 6/29/1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
or in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html(listed by date)
and in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys these!
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
We are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 150+ Countries that tune us in every month online. Here
are the top 30 Countries so far this month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
(This week we have increased it to the top 50)
1. United States +0
2. United Kingdom +0
3. Canada +0
4. Germany +0
5. France +0
6. Mexico +0
7. Australia +0
8. Netherlands +0
9. Sweden +0
10. Spain +0
11. Brazil +0
12. Japan +0
13. Switzerland +0
14. Belgium +0
15. Italy +0
16. Philippines +0
17. Russia +0
18. Argentina +0
19. Finland +0
20. Czech Republic +0
21. Norway +0
22. Colombia +0
23. Hungary +0
24. Poland +0
25. Serbia +0
26. India +0
27. Peru +0
28. Slovakia +0
29. Chile +0
30. Romania +0
31. Austria +0
32. Indonesia +0
33. Greece +0
34. Thailand +0
35. Morocco +0
36. Ireland +0
37. Turkey +0
38. Denmark +0
39. Barbados +0
40. New Zealand +0
41. Croatia +0
42. Ukraine +0
43. Portugal +1
44. Malaysia -1
45. Bulgaria +0
46. Venezuela +0
47. Saudi Arabia +2
48. South Africa -1
49. Slovenia -1
50. Israel +0
TOP 25 U.S. STATES TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0
2. Florida +0
3. Pennsylvania +0
4. New York +0
5. Texas +0
6. Ohio +0
7. North Carolina +0
8. New Jersey +0
9. Massachusetts +0
10. Illinois +0
11. Washington +0
12. Maryland +0
13. Missouri +0
14. Michigan +0
15. Georgia -+0
16. Arizona +0
17. Wisconsin +0
18. Indiana +0
19. Oregon +0
20. Virginia +0
21. Alabama +0
22. Nevada +0
23. Connecticut +0
24. Tennessee +0
25. Minnesota +0
|SHOW THE WORLD YOU TUNE INTO ROCK-IT RADIO! |
WITH A NEW ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRT.
The Rock-it Radio T Shirts are still available in Rockin' Cotton and can be ordered online at the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. At:
These T Shirts feature the Rock-it Radio Rocket Cat Logo in the front. And looks great! And is shipped worldwide with low cost shipping.
Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group
Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
And of course don't forget our Rockabilly Links page as well!
Our Rockabilly Links page can be found at:
TUNE INTO THE WORLD ON YOUR COMPUTER!
Tune into the World on your Computer....In our Radio Links page we have put together several directories of sites of Radio Stations that can be heard around the world... Come check it out and tune into the world right from your computer at:
DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE? WANT TO PUT A ROCK-IT RADIO LINK ON IT?
Do you happen to have your own website? We would love to swap links with you and help promote each others site. We now have a new link as well that will automatically play Rock-it Radio programs on your website. To get the html code
and design of your choice you can just go to our links page at:
And if you do put a link on your site please e mail me at:
and we will link your site as a sponsor site in our sponsor page at:
NEWSLETTER NOW ONLINE
-- Now you can read the Rock-it Radio weekly newsletter online! at:
TUNE INTO WORLD NEWSCASTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
We have set up a new webpage for you with several international links to internet broadcasts from around the world that broadcasts World News. We invite you to check that out at:
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further informmation is: http://www.palmsradio.com/airplay.html
Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
Come join the Rock-it Radio Team - Check out the webpage for current openings at: http://www.rockitradio.net/team.html
Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it isreally easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net
and click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list" at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on our latest shows.
OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations
Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!
HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more --
We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it
Radio. You can find it at:
Well that is just about it for this newsletter and playlists of our latest
shows. We hope that you enjoy them.
We will do our best to keep these shows on for at least 14
days and hopefully 21 days.
All the best always,