As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Back from Vacation and a new home - we finally got our dream home in Idaho and packing has begun. As we need to quickly sell the California property here. We have 12 new shows on since our return of a week ago. They are Rock-it Radio show #4461 to #4472 and we have a special notice in this newsletter concerning our Rock-it Radio shows archives and availability after Mid March. Also, a couple of days left until our next drawing of our give away vintage broadcasts in the Launching Pad for the month of February. And I have a special request this week to our listeners... will you tell a friend or family member about us and let them know we are out here playing the music that most have forgotten or have never heard of... :) So let's get started!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4461
Lots of hot rockin' RnB and Rock n' Roll await you on this week's Memory Lane Show. Along with some great memories from the 50's & early 60's, host Lane Quigley delivers some fascinating interivew clips telling the backstories to the music. Get ready to bop, stroll and twist with these great sides:
1. Looking For a Love - The Valentinos 1962 2. Thirteen Women - Dickie Thompson 1954 SOUND BITES 3. She's My Angel - Randy & The Rainbows 1963 4. Dance With Mr. Domino - Fats Domino 1962 5. I Wanna - The Platters 1957 SOUND BITE 6. How Is Julie? - The Lettermen 1962 7. The Clock - Lee Andrews & The Hearts 1957 8. Something You Got - Alvin Robinson 1964 SOUND BITE 9. That's All Right Mama - Elvis Presley 1954 10. He Was Really Sayin' Somethin' - The Velvelettes 1964 11. I Wanna Hug Ya, Kiss Ya, Squeeze Ya - Bullmoose Jackson 1955 SOUND BITES 12. I Vibrate (From My Head To My Feet) - Conway Twitty 1958 13. Boogie Woogie Country Girl - Joe Turner 1956 14. It's Obdacious - Buddy Johnson 1955 15. You're Welcome Back - The Sham-ettes 1967 SOUND BITE 16. The Sheik of Araby - The Colts 1959 17. Harlem Nocturne - The Viscounts 1959 18. I Know It's Hard But It's Fair - The 5 Royales 1959 SOUND BITE 19. That's What The Good Book Says - The Robins 1950 20. Goodbye So Long - Ike & Tina Turner 1965 21. Shoo Do Be Doo (My Lovin' Baby) - Bobby Lester & The Moonlighters 1954 22. You Pulled a Fast One - The V.I.P.s 1964 SOUND BITE 23. Thinking of You - The Jaguars 1959 24. Here Come Those Heartaches - The Tripps
Thanks Lane for another great show of Top 40 Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to say Hello! You can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A R&B YEAR REVUE OF 1953 PT. 1I ON SHOW #4462
1953: Jukebox Rhythm Review Pt 2
This week, the jukebox is in the spotlight as Matt The Cat takes you back 60 years and highlights the top jukebox hits of the second half of 1953. You'll hear a lot more than just the big #1 R&B hits this week as we dig deep into the jukebox lists to feature seldom heard tunes by The Clovers, Eddie Boyd and The Coronets. The juke will also be jumpin' with top tunes from Faye Adams, Johnny Ace and Big Joe Turner. These are the top requested records that were spinning on the jukebox in the back of the establishment. It's part 2 of 2 on the 1953 Rhythm Review on the "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Please Love Me - B. B. King & His Orch - RPM 1953 3. Good Lovin' - The Clovers - Atlantic 1953 4. The Clock - Johnny Ace - Duke 1953 5. Third Degree - Eddie Boyd - Chess 1953 6. Crying In The Chapel - Sonny Til & The Orioles - Jubilee 1953 7. Nadine - The Coronets - Chess 1953 8. Shake A Hand - Faye Adams w/ Joe Morris Orch - Herald 1953 9. One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer - Amos Milburn & His Aladdin Chickenshakers - Aladdin 1953 10. Blues With A Feeling - Little Walter & His Jukes - Checker 1953 11. Rags To Riches - The Dominoes - Federal 1953 12. Money Honey - Clyde McPhatter & The Drifters - Atlantic 1953 13. GREAT 78 - Drunk - Jimmy Liggins & His 3-D Music - Specialty 1953 14. Marie - The Four Tunes - Jubilee 1953 15. I Had A Notion - Joe Morris & His Orch w/ Alan Savage - Herald 1953 16. Honey Hush - Joe Turner - Atlantic 1953 17. I'll Be True - Faye Adams & Joe Morris Orch - Herald 1953 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
What a great year of R&B 1953 excellent choice Matt and there will be more parts of this excellent series! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' OLDIES ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4451 THE JOE MEEK STORY Pt. 1
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
"THE JOE MEEK STORY Pt 2"
Back this week with the concluding part of The Joe Meek Story. A look at the short lived career of a legendary British record producer who was an innovator in the late 1950's as an audio engineer and the early to mid 1960's as a record producer.
01. Intro 02. Telstar - The Tornados # 1 (62) Decca 03. Just Like Eddie - Heinz # 5 (63) Decca 04. Heinz Interview 05. Country Boy - Heinz # 26 (63) Decca 06. Till The Following Night - Screaming Lord Sutch & The Savages (61) HMV 07. Interview With Lord Sutch 08. Jack The Ripper - Screaming Lord Sutch & The Savages (63) HMV 09. Locomotion With Me - The Tornados (62) Decca 10. I'll Cut Off Your Tail - John Leyton (63) HMV 11. Lover Return - Pete & The Boulevards (62) Unreleased 12. Little Baby - The Blue Rondos (64) Pye 13. That's Nice - Neil Christian & The Crusaders # 14 (66) Strike 14. She's Got The Action - Neil Christian & The Crusaders (66) Strike 15. Interview With Heinz 16. Don't Think Twice It's All Right - Heinz (63) Decca 17. Along Came Caroline - Michael Cox (60) HMV 18. In The First Place - Glenda Collins (63) HMV 19. Bouzoakis (instrumental) - The Athenians (60's) Unreleased 20. Make Way Baby - Ricky Wayne & The Offbeats (60) Pye 21. How Will It End - John Leyton (63) HMV 22. Don't You Think It's Time - Mike Berry & The Outlaws # 6 (63) HMV 23. Globe Trotter (instrumental) - The Tornados # 5 (62) Decca 24. Have I The Right - The Honeycombs # 1 (64) Pye 25. Please Don't Pretend Again - The Honeycombs (64) Pye 26. Please Stay - The Crying Shames # 26 (66) Decca 27. Nobody Waved Goodbye - The Crying Shames (66) Decca 28. I Take It We're Through - The Riot Squad (66) Pye 29. Outro
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL RETROSPECTIVE WITH SOME ROCK & ROLL REVERSAL ROCK-IT RADIO #4464
White cover versions of R & B songs were common in the mid 1950s and thankfully went away later in the decade. However, throughout the Rock 'n Roll era a number of black artists covered some very popular pop tunes. Retro Show host Bill Green presents a Rock 'n Roll reversal as pop turns to soul. Be sure to ride this unique Rock-it show.
1) Why Do Fools Fall In Love - Gale Storm (1956) 2) Satisfaction - Otis Redding (1966) 3) Sugar, Sugar - Wilson Pickett (1970) 4) California Dreaming - Bobby Womack (1968) 5) Blowin' In The Wind - Stevie Wonder (1966) 6) We Can Work It Out - Stevie Wonder (1971) 7) I Want To Hold Your Hand - Al Green (1970) 8) Eleanor Rigby - Ray Charles (1968) 9) Eleanor Rigby - Aretha Franklin (1969) 10) Bridge Over Troubled Water - Aretha Franklin (1971) 11) Day Tripper - The Vontastics (1966) 12) I Can Sing A Rainbow / Love Is Blue - The Dells (1969) 13) Prisoner Of Love - James Brown (1963) 14) Walk Away Rene - The Four Tops (1968) 15) Proud Mary - Ike and Tina Turner (1971) 16) Let It Be Me - Jerry Butler and Betty Everett (1964) 17) Moon River - Jerry Butler (1961) 18) Misty - The Vibrations (1965) 19) Misty - Richard 'Groove' Holmes (1966) 20) These Eyes - Jr Walker & The All-Stars (1969) 21) Rags To Riches - Billy Ward and The Dominos (1953) 22) Gone - Brook Benton (1966)
What a great playlist and show Bill - If you have any requests, comments or just to say Hello! You can reach Bill at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4465
The Daddy O is back this week with more rockin' Doo Wops of the 50s and early 60s. If you love Doo Wop Music this show is a must! Here is this show's playlist.
1. I'm So Happy-Lewis Lymon & Teenchords 2. When I Woke Up This Morning-Bop-Chords 3. Pretty Little Girl-Monarchs 4. Hot Dog Dooly Wah-Pyramids 5. O-Mi Yum-Mi Yum-Mi-Shells 6. Pizza Pie-Norman Fox & Robroys 7. Good Old Acapella-Emerys 8. Let Me Tell You-Nutmegs 9. Chain Of Broken Hearts-Camelots 10. Look At Me Girl-Coins 11. It Was A Nite Like this-Turbans 12. Do-Be-Do-Be-Wop-Wop-Squires 13. Lover's Island-Blue Jays 14. Romance In The Spring-5 Roses 15. Sippin' Soda-Shells 16. School Girl In Love-Sharmeers 17. So Long-Jelly Beans 18. Peanuts-Little Joe & Thrillers 19. Poor Boy Needs a Preacher-Untouchables 20. The House Where Lovers Dream-Timetones 21. Pretty Little Girl-Eddie & Starlites 22. Teenage Rock-Ronnie Jones & Classmates 23. Oh What A Night For Love-Roy Tyson 24. Nitey Nite-Majestics
Thank you Daddy O for another great set of Doo Wops in the Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party show. Next week we will be airing his Rockabilly show. In the mean time if you would like to write to Daddy O you can by e mailing him at: Daddyo@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW FEATURING SONGS THAT ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD IN SHOW #4466 ON ROCK-IT RADIO. WHAT IF ROCK WAS OUTLAWED IN 1959???
If the "Payola Scandal" in 1959 REALLY rocked the radio industry in which all rock and roll and rhythm and blues were outlawed..what would radio play? You could buy all the music you wanted...but not hear it on the radio. I decided to explore that notion much like the UK had to deal with that problem and out shore pirate radio.
1960 1) NORTH TO ALASKA - JOHNNY HORTON 2) THEME FROM "A SUMMER PLACE" - PERCY FAITH 1961 3) AMOR - BEN E. KING 4) SEPTEMBER IN THE RAIN - DINAH WASHINGTON 1962 5) I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU - RAY CHARLES 6) THIS IS LOVE - THE CASTELLS 1963 7) ONLY IN AMERICA - JAY & THE AMERICANS 8) CAN'T GET USED TO LOSING YOU - ANDY WILLIAMS 1964 9) EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY - DEAN MARTIN 10) THEME FROM "GOLDFINGER" - SHIRLEY BASSEY 1965 11) HUSH HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE - PATTI PAGE 1966 12) THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM - ROBERT GOULET 1967 13) THE LOOK OF LOVE - SERGIO MENDES/BRAZIL '66 14) I SAY A LITTLE PRAYER - DIONNE WARWICK 1968 15) THEME FROM "BORN FREE" - MATT MONRO 1969 16) LOVE ME TONIGHT - TOM JONES
#1 MOST POPULAR "POP" SONG OF THE NON-ROCKIN' 60'S DECADE IS: Listen and find out. (It ain't "Hey Jude"!) 17) ??????? - ???????
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== TED LOUKES AND THE ROCKABILLY RHYTHM SHOW WITH MORE GREAT ROCKABILLY ON SHOW #4467
From his studios in South Africa we are happy to have Ted Loukes return spinning those great rockabilly songs of yesteryear. Rock-it Radio is very lucky to have this show and playing this great rockabilly! Here is the playlist.
01. Hoy Hoy - The Collins Kids 1958 02. Tom Cat Boogie - Lynn Pratt 1959 03. Long Blond Hair, Red Rose Lips - Johnny Powers 1957 04. Rockin Billy - Johnny Stark 1957 05. Ballroom Baby - Dick Lory 1956 06. I Ain't Gonna Do It - Dubb Pritchett 1965 07. Rock Bop - Jack Earls 1956 08. Mama's Little Baby - Junior Thompson 1956 09. Little Miss Linda - Mac Curtis 1958 10. My Baby Loves To Rock - Del Reeves ? 11. If I Had Me a Woman - Glen Glenn 1957 12. Don't Wait Up - Laura Lee Perkins 1958 13. We're Goin' Rockin' Tonight - Roy Brown 1958 14. Right String, But Wrong Yo Yo - Larry Brinkley 1964 15. Caterpillar - Ray Campi 1957 16. Hey Hey Baby - Lucky Plank ? 17. Big Beat - Hollis Champion 1965 18. Bop Cat Bop - Simon Crum 1956 19. Hip Hip Baby - Dennis Herrold 1958 20. Sunglasses After Dark - Dwight Pullen 1958 21. Somebody's Been Rockin My Boat - Norman Witcher 1958 22. The Crossing - Jim Lowe ? 23. I'm a Hobo - Danny Reeves 1961 24. Gonna Rock 'N' Roll Tonight - Carl Mann 1957 25. Rock Baby Rock - Chick Carter 1959 26. Look at That Moon - Carl Perkins 1957 27. Gotta Lotta That - Gene Summers 1958 28. Miss Pearl - Jimmy Wages 1957 29. Love Crazy Baby - Kenny Parchman 1957 30. Boogie Woogie Country Girl - Jo Ann Campbell ? 31. Some Like It Hot - Sammy Masters 1956
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH WITH A SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO EARL BOSTIC AND HIS SAX ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4468
This show is part one in a two part tribute to an unsung pioneer of R&B and one of the greatest alto Saxophone players of all time...Earl Bostic. Starting out as a Jazz man he evolved (some would say devolved) into an R&B artist in the late 1940's and then into a Pop stylist in the 1950's. In his R&B years he fused Jazz with R&B and in his Pop years he fused both Jazz and R&B with the Pop standards of the day. His music is hardly, if ever, played on radio today despite his popularity back in the 1950's. Hopefully this and a subsequent show will rectify this shameful neglect of a truly great artist. The playlist is as follows:
1.Cracked Ice - Earl Bostic 1956 2. Wrap It Up-Earl Bostic 1956 3. Bostic's Jump-Earl Bostic 1948 4. Earl's Rhumboogie 1948 5. Hot Sauce Boss-Earl Bostic 1948 6. 8:45 Stomp-Earl Bostic 1948 7. Southern Fried-Earl Bostic 1957 8. Jersey Bounce-Earl Bostic 1957 9. Swing Low Sweet Boogie-Earl Bostic 1949 10. Nay' Nay' Go Away-Earl Bostic 1949 11. Night Train-Earl Bostic 1957 12. Earl Blows A Fuse- Earl Bostic 1949 13. Avalon-Earl Bostic 1956 14. The Bo-Do Rock-Earl Bostic 1956 15. Laura-Earl Bostic 1956 16. That's A Groovy Thing Parts One and Two-Earl Bostic 1946 17. Special Delivery Stomp-Earl Bostic 1958 18. Flamingo-Earl Bostic 1951 19. I'm Gettin' Sentimental Over You-Earl Bostic 1951 20. Moonglow-Earl Bostic 1951 21. Rockin' and Reelin'-Earl Bostic 1951
Always good to get more Blues in here Al - If you have any requests,or comments or would just like to say Hi to Al. You can reach the cool daddy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKING WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4469
From the Netherlands that Windmill is rockin' once again and here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs with entries from the USA and ... 11 European songs from Switzerland, the UK, the Netherlands and Germany including one song in the Malayan and two in the Dutch language. So put on your rock `n roll shoes and have a lot of fun!
1. Charming Billy - The Rhythm Cadillacs - 1988 2. Go cat go - Bill Flagg - 1956 3. Love's made a fool of you - Bobby Fuller Four - 1966 4. Lonely heart - Carl Perkins - 1964 5. Boneka abdi - The Young Savages - 1965 6. Weep and cry - The Barnstompers - 1999 7. Can't find the door knob - Jimmy Fautheree - 1966 8. Stairway to nowhere - Brian Setzer - 2005 9. Rock-A-Bayou baby - The Moonlighters - 1958 10. Susie darling - Chris Howland - 1958 11. Die fijne brief - De Locomotions - 1994 12. Oh boy - Buddy Holly & the Crickets - 1957 13. Oh boy - Mud - 1975 14. You're barking up the wrong tree - Don Woody - 1956 15. Cradle baby - Eddie Cochran - 1957 16. Give her my regards - Steve Marriott - 1963 17. My baby's crazy 'bout Elvis - Billy Boyle - 1962 18. Be gone - The Ranch Girls & the Ragtime Wranglers - 2001 19. This is it - The Paris Brothers - 1959 20. I got it - Gene Vincent - 1957 21. I sure miss Gene - Jimmy Castle & the Knights - 1999 22. Gee whiz - Dee & Patty - 1958 23. Language of love - John D. Loudermilk - 1961 24. Janus - Peter & zijn Rockets - 1960 25. Down on the farm - Big Al Downing - 1958 26. Zambesi - The Jumping Jewels - 1964
============================================== TONY WARNER AND THE TIMELESS TRACKS SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4470
Tony Warner & Timeless Tracks blends a mix of R&B, Doo-Wop, Rockabilly and Teen Pop from the late 50s and early 60s as you would've heard it on the radio back then.
In this show Tony features a clip from an early 50s live Country & Western 'local' radio show from Southern Missouri which features future Country Music star Narvel Felts. In the 70s Narvel had several hits on the Country Charts. In the mid-50s Felts became a Rockabilly singer doing some work with the Sun label. He toured extensively with other Rockabilly stars Elvis, Roy Orbison and the Killer himself Jerry Lee Lewis.
From the Hits to the Forgotten to the Unknown, Tony plays it all in every show.
Here's the playlist for this edition of Timeless Tracks with Tony Warner:
1. Red Hot - Billy Lee Riley 2. St. Louis Blues - LaVern Baker 3. Shimmy Like Kate - Olympics 4. It Happened Once Before - Lettermen 5. In The Mood - Ernie Fields Orch. 6. Deborah Ann - Reflections 7. Rock-a-bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody - Aretha Franklin 8. Lonely Blue Boy - Conway Twitty 9. Midgie - Jack Scott 10. I Laughed at Love - Joni James 11. I'm Movin' On - Matt Lucas 12. Country & Western AM-Radio Live show featuring Narvel Felts 13. Sandy Went Away - Impalas 14. Arkansas Twist - Bobby Trammel 15. Without A Kiss - Jodie Evans (produced by Billy Lee Riley @ Sun Studio) 16. Elephant Walk - Donald Jenkins & Delighters 17. Love Me Forever - Four Esquires 18. Across The Street - Lenny Oâ€™Henry 19. Do I Love You - Ronettes 20. Don't You Hear Me Callinâ€™ Baby - Ronnie Haig 21. Because of You - Rome & Paris 22. I'll Kiss Your Teardrops Away - Laddins 23. Heartbreak Ahead - Murmaids 24. The Chill Is On - Big Joe Turner 25. The Age For Love - Jimmy Charles
Thank you Tony for a fantastic sounding show! If you have any requests, comments or would just like to say Hello to Tony you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4471
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4471.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY WITH 50 ROCKIN' DOO WOPS IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4472
2 Hours and 50 Doo Wops in this Doo Wop Blow out show with Mike Bollea and his Jukebox party this week on Rock-it Radio. It's in 2 parts in our program webpage and ready to be heard! Just click on to the program webpage and click to show #4472. Here is the playlist to this special.
1. Comin' Home - The Nutmegs 2. Never Let Me Go - The Five Discs 3. Buzz Buzz Buzz - The Hollywood Flames 4. Here I Am Broken Hearted - The Four J's 5. Get A Job - The Silhouettes 6. False Alarm - The Revels 7. Ain't Gonna Do It - The Pelicans 8. Little Mama - The Clovers 9. I Wonder Why - Dion & The Belmonts 10. Tippity Top - The Rays 11. I Don't Want Your Love - Rick & The Masters 12. Who's That Knocking - The Genies 13. I Didn't Want To Do It - The Spiders 14. Can't We Be Sweethearts - The Cleftones 15. True True Love - The Corvairs 16. Dearest One - The Monterey's 17. The ABC's Of Love - The Teenagers 18. Rockin' In The Jungle - The Eternals 19. Jump Children-- The Flamingos 20. Runaround - The Regents 21. Chip Chip - The Mello Tones 22. Zoom Zoom Zoom - The Collegians 23. Whispering Bells - The Del Vikings 24. Again - The Four Epics 25. She's The Most - The Five Keys
1. Sh Boom - The Chords 2. At My Front Door - The El Dorados 3. Book Of Love - The Monotones 4. The Beat Of My Heart - The Cordels 5. Every Day Of The Week - The Students 6. Fine Fine Frame - The Continentals 7. Church Bells May Ring - The Willows 8. Gee - The Crows 9. No, No, No - The Chanters 10. Dance Girl - The Charts 11. I Want You - The Cadets 12. What Did She Say - The Solitaires 13. Imagination - The Quotations 14. Ka Ding Dong - The G Clefs 15. Such Lovin' - The Dubs 16. Money Honey - The Drifters 17. Gum Drop - The Charms 18. Pretty Little Girl - The Monarchs 19. Oh Gee, Oh Gosh - The Kodaks 20. Rama Lama Ding Dong - The Edsels 21. Now - The Veltones 22. She's Mine, All Mine - The Royal Jokers 23. Knee Socks - The Ideals 24. Trickle Trickle - The Videos 25. Woo Woo Train - The Valentines
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
The Tunein.com folks are awesome just for the amount of stations that they carry! If you don't have it on your iphone I sure would suggest you grab it! They should be carrying the new stream in about a week.
We have switched our audio link to a m3u format. This is a more universal stream and can be received by a wider variety of formats from iphones, ipods, podcasts and your home pc on most modern computers. Easily and automatically recognized by mp3 players etc.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from February 5, 2013 to February 27, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Kris Lucis -- ? Chuck E. Crockett -- Las Vegas, Nevada USA Rebecca -- ? Tom Carmello -- Albany, New York USA Betsy S. -- London, Ontario Canada John Lockwood -- Three Rivers, Michigan USA Jerry Moore -- Cheyenne, Wyoming USA Debbie Childs -- Worcester, United Kingdom Russ Hood -- Adelaide, Australia Obie O'Brien -- Brisbane, Australia Helmut Kalteis -- Munich, Germany Joe Hull -- ?? Veli-Tapio Haajanen -- Los Angeles, California USA Ted Millikan -- Hawarden, Iowa USA Denny -- ??
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 15 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,511 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 2/27/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) - WLAC Nashville 1967 2. RIR #514 -- John R - WLAC Nashville April 1969 3. RIR #623 -- Big Jim Edwards - CKLW Windsor Ont. 12/1/1969 4. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit - WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 5. RIR #149 -- Alan Freed - WINS New York 1/23/1957 6. RIR #191 -- KHJ Boss Radio Sound of 1966 7. RIR #617 -- Arch Yancey - KNUZ Houston, Texas 6/14/1965 8. RIR #290 -- Radio Caroline Last official Offshore Radio Broadcast 8/14/1967 9. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 10. RIR #594 -- Denny Sanders (Kid Leo) - WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +0 5. Philippines +4 6. Italy +0 7. France -2 8. Netherlands -1 9. Australia +1 10. Japan +1 11. Mexico +1 12. Sweden -4 13. Brazil +2 14. Russia +3 15. Finland +7 16. Spain +0 17. Argentina +1 18. Serbia +1 19. South Africa +8 20. Morocco +0 21. Saudi Arabia -8 22. Switzerland -1 23. Norway +2 24. Colombia +0 25. Romania +5 26. United Arab Emirates -15 27. Ireland +8 28. Slovakia -3 29. China +9 30. Czech Republic -4 31. Belgium +2 32. Indonesia +21 33. New Zealand +1 34. Peru +4 35. Hungary +18 36. India -5 37. Turkey +4 38. Ukraine -1 39. Greece -4 40. Chile -11 41. Thailand +3 42. Austria +4 43. Poland +0 44. Croatia +4 45. Denmark +0 46. Israel +1 47. Malaysia +7 48. Bulgaria -7 49. Singapore -7 50. Portugal -3
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +1 3. New York +1 4. Pennsylvania +1 5. Illinois -4 6. Texas +3 7. Ohio -1 8. Massachusetts -1 9. North Carolina -1 10. New Jersey +5 11. Washington -1 12. Michigan -1 13. Indiana +6 14. Maryland -3 15. Virginia -3 16. Missouri +0 17. Oregon -4 18. Arizona +0 19. Georgia +1 20. Wisconsin -6 21. Connecticut +3 22. Tennessee +1 23. Minnesota -4 24. Alabama +4 25. Colorado -5 26. Oklahoma -3 27. Kentucky -5 28. Iowa +4 29. Rhode Island +1 30. South Carolina -3 31. Arkansas +0 32. Kansas +1 33. West Virginia +2 34. Delaware +3 35. Nevada -3 36. Utah +5 37. Louisiana -4 38. Idaho +6 39. Nebraska +3 40. Wyoming +0 41. District of Columbia -6 42. Maine -6 43. New Mexico +2 44. South Dakota +4 45. New Hampshire +1 46. Mississippi -8 47. Vermont +3 48. Hawaii -5 49. Alaska -10 50. Montana -1 51. North Dakota +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!