As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, February 4, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4447 to #4460
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4447 TO #4460
A couple of days late on the newsletter here but wanted to throw in a couple of more shows in the playlist for this newsletter as we will be not adding any new shows for the next couple of weeks. As we are heading North to visit family in our annual Northwest Expedition. We will have a family member here to answer any questions but just no programming and tomorrow The 5th at 6 p.m. Pacific will be the last day we will fill orders for the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad also until our return. So, if you don't want to experience a couple of week display I can still fill them tomorrow night :) I have a total of 14 shows in this week's newsletter - hopefully that will keep all of our listener's busy until our return on or around the 20th of February. Also, we have our end of the month winners contest announcement for the month of January. So, let's get started!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
TREVOR HYLAND & THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ROCKABILLY SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4447 INCLUDING A VERY COOL INTERVIEW WITH ROCKABILLY LEGEND -- GLEN GLENN!
From his studios in Bendigo, Victoria Australia! Trevor is back this week with more Rockabilly from around the Globe! Trevor Hyland & The Rock And Roll Dance Party Rockabilly show this week featuring Gene Vincent's 7th recording session for Capitol , session number 4588 at Owen Bradley's Studio in Nashville. The legends from SUN Alton & Jimmy rip out their ACE recording then a recent offering. Glen Glenn shares his fascinating journey during the birth of rockabilly.
Gene Vincent Sessions
01. Double Talkin' Baby - Gene Vincent 02. Hold Me , Hug Me, Rock Me - Gene Vincent 03. Unchained Melody - Gene Vincent 04. Pretty Pearly - Jerry Lee Merritt 05. Black Dress - Jerry Lee Merritt
High School Rock & Roll
06. High School U.S.A. ( Minneapolis ) - Tommy Facenda
Alton & Jimmy
07. I Got It Made In The Shade - Alton & Jimmy 08. Who Put The Rock In Rock & Roll - Alton & Jimmy
Glen Glenn Special.
09. Glen Glenn 1 Early days. 10. You Oughta' See Grandma Rock - Skeets McDonald 11. Glen Glenn 2 About Elvis & Dolly Parton 12. Puppy Love - Dolly Parton 13. Glen Glenn 3 - Early touring & T.V. Maddox & Rose 14. Ugly & Slouchy - Glen Glenn 15. Glen Glenn 4 - Missed opportunity 16. Kathaleen - Glen Glenn 17. Poor Little Fool - Ricky Nelson 18. Glen Glenn 5 - Era Records 19. Everybody's Movin' - Glen Glenn 20. I'm Glad My Baby's Gone Away - Glen Glenn 21. Glen Glenn 6 - Story continues 22. Laurie Ann - Glen Glenn 23. Glen Glenn 7 - Story continues 24. Blue Jeans & A Boys Shirt 25. Would Ya - Glen Glenn 26. Glen Glenn 8 - Story continues 27. Goofin' Around - Glen Glenn 28. Glen Glenn 9 Wedding 29. I Sure Do Love You Baby - Glen Glenn 30. Glen Glenn 10 - Elvis connection & influence 31. Heartbreak Hotel Intro 32. Heartbreak Hotel Hayride version 33. Glen Glenn 11 - Elvis story continued 34. Blue Suede Shoes - Elvis Presley 35. Glen Glenn 12 - Elvis story continues 36. Everybody's Movin' Again - Glen Glenn 37. Trev & Glen Goodbye. 38. One Cup Of Coffee & A Cigarette - Glen Glenn
What a great show and a special treat to have Glen Glenn on Rock-it Radio here. If you would like to send any comments or hello's or G'days! For Trevor you can reach him online via e mail at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4448
Are you ready to rock 'n' roll? Then tune in to the latest Memory Lane Show for a variety of sizzling sides from the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio. Join host Lane Quigley for the music and the backstory behind the recordings, including interview clips from several of the artists. Lane also pauses to pay tribute to the best selling female artist of the 50's who passed away in January. Take a stroll down Memory Lane with these:
1. Walking Along - The Solitaires 1957 2. Cinderella, Cinderella - Gene Terry 1959 SOUND BITES 3. Not Too Young To Get Married - Bob B. Soxx & The Blue Jeans 1963 4. Little Girl - John & Jackie 1958 5. I Don't Know - Willie Mabon 1952 SOUND BITE 6. Pink Cadillac - Sammy Masters 1956 7. Real Gone Lover - Smiley Lewis 1955 8. Pearlie Mae - The Jewels 1959 SOUND BITE 9. Boogie Woogie Santa Claus - Patti Page 1950 SOUND BITES 10. Old Cape Cod - Patti Page 1957 11. Heartbreak (It's Hurting Me) - Jon Thomas 1960 12. Lend Me Your Comb - Carl Perkins 1957 13. Don't Ever Leave Me - Connie Francis 1965 SOUND BITE 14. Thinking of You - Jimmy Beasley 1956 15. Ready Teddy - Elvis Presley 1956 SOUND BITE 16. If My Car Could Only Talk - Lou Christie 1966 17. French Fried Potatoes & Ketchup - Amos Milburn 1955 SOUND BITE 18. Farther Up The Road - Bobby Blue Bland 1957 19. Sometimes - Gene Thomas 1961 20. Ain't Gonna Do It - The Pelicans 1954 SOUND BITE 21. Wishin' & Hopin' - Dusty Springfield 1964 22. The Ways of a Clown - Teddy Randazzo 1960 23. Where Does Love Go - Freddie Scott 1964 24. Devil or Angel - The Clovers 1956
Thanks Lane for another great show of Top 40 Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to say Hello! You can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A R&B YEAR REVUE OF 1953 PT. 1 ON SHOW #4449
1953: Jukebox Rhythm Review Pt. 1
This week, the jukebox is in the spotlight as Matt The Cat takes you back 60 years and highlights the top jukebox hits of the first half of 1953. You'll hear a lot more than just the big #1 R&B hits this week as we dig deep into the jukebox lists to feature seldom heard tunes by Johnny Moore's Three Blazers, The Emitt Slay Trio and King Pleasure. The juke will also be jumpin' with top tunes from Them Royales, Ruth Brown and Fats Domino. These are the top requested records that were spinning on the jukebox in the back of the establishment. It's part 1 of 2 on the 1953 Rhythm Review on the 'Juke In The Back'.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Baby Don't Do It - The Royales - Apollo 1953 3. Dream Girl - Jesse & Marvin - Specialty 1953 4. Soft - Tiny Bradshaw - King 1953 5. My Kind Of Woman - Emitt Slay Trio - Savoy 1953 6. (Mama) He Treats Your Daughter Mean - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1953 7. Red Top - King Pleasure w/ Betty Carter & Charlie Ferguson Band - Prestige 1953 8. Hound Dog - Willie Mae & Big Mama Thornton - Peacock 1953 9. Going To The River - Fats Domino - Imperial 1953 10. I Wanna Know - The Du Droppers - RCA Victor 1953 11. Bear Cat - Rufus B Thomas Jr. - Sun 1953 12. I'm Mad - Willie Mabon - Chess 1953 13. GREAT 78 - Gabbin' Blues - Big Maybelle - Okeh 1953 14. Is It A Dream - The Vocaleers - Red Robin 1953 15. Help Me Somebody - The Royales - Apollo 1953 16. Dragnet Blues - Johnny Moore & Three Blazers - Modern 1953 17. Get It - The Royals - Federal 1953 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
What a great year of R&B 1953 excellent choice Matt and there will be more parts of this excellent series! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL RETROSPECTIVE WITH THE GIANT JUKEBOX ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4450
Hey Rockiteers. Bill Green is back with His Giant Juke Box on the Retro Show. He's got a fantastic play list including a lost Elvis movie song, a visit to the Island Of Lost Records and a few originals along with great remakes. Hop aboard this Rock-it and enjoy the ride.
1) The "In" Crowd - Doby Grey (1965) 2) The Old Crowd - Lesley Gore (1963) 3) The Crowd - Roy Orbison (1962) 4) So Much In Love - The Tymes (1963) 5) Funk Shun - Albert King (1967) 6) Buzz, Buzz, Buzz - The Hollywood Flames (1957) 7) Almost Grown - Chuck Berry ( 8) Please Mr. Johnson - The Cadillacs (1959) 9) Just One Smile - Gene Pitney (1965) 10) Just One Smile - Dusty Springfield (1969) 11) Come See About Me - The Supremes (1964) 12) Come See About Me - Jr. Walker & The All-Stars (1967) 13) Heartaches By The Number - Guy Mitchell (1959) 14) Everybody's Somebody's Fool - Connie Francis (1960) 15) She Cried - Jay and The Americans (1962) 16) You Cheated - Kenny Vance & The Planotones 17) Sea Of Heartbreak - Don Gibson (1961) 18) Oh, Please Love Me - The Lyrics (1959) 19) One Little Kiss - The Keynotes (1957) 20) Do You Believe - The Twilighters (1961) 21) Why Don't You Believe Me - The Duprees (1963) 22) Unchain My Heart - Ray Charles (1961) 23) Let Me - Elvis Presley (1956) 24) I Pity The Fool - Bobby 'Blue' Bland (1961)
What a great playlist and show Bill - If you have any requests, comments or just to say Hello! You can reach Bill at: email@example.com
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' OLDIES ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4451 THE JOE MEEK STORY Pt. 1
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
"THE JOE MEEK STORY PT 1"
Spinning Rock Boogie here once again with this week Pt 1 of "The Joe Meek Story", a look at the career of legendry British record producer Joe Meek, with interviews from Joe Meek, some of the artists he worked with, and tracks that he either produced or was involved with -- A nostalgic look back at his career over a thirteen year period from 1954 - 1967.
01. Intro 02. Joe Meek Introduction 03. Telstar (instrumental) - The Tornados # 1 (62) UK Decca & USA London 04. Humphrey Llylton Interview 05. Cumberland Gap - Lonnie Donegan # 1 (57 Pye-Nixa 06. Lonnie Donegan Interview 07. Angela Jones - Michael Cox # 7 (60) Triumph 08. Heart Of A Teenage Girl - George Chakiris # 49 (60) Triumph 09. Happy Valley - Rodd-Ken & The Cavaliers (60) Triumph 10. Green Jeans (instrumental) - The Flee-Rekkers # 23 (60) Triumph 11. Hot Chick A'roo - Rick Wayne & The Flee-Rekkers (60) Triumph 12. Be Mine - Lance Fortune # 4 (60) Pye 13. Joe Meek Interview 14. Johnny Remember Me - John Leyton & The Outlaws # 1 (61) Top Rank 15. Interview with John Leyton & Geoff Goddard 16. Tribute To Buddy Holly - Mike Berry & The Outlaws # 24 (61) HMV 17. Can't You Hear My Heart - Danny Rivers # 36 (60) Decca 18. Point Of No Return - Diana Dors (60) Pye 19. Time Will Tell - Ian Gregory (60) Pye 20. Night Of The Vampire (instrumental) - The Moontrekkers # 50 (61) Parlophone 21. Just Too Late - Peter Jay & The Bluemen (60) Triumph 22. Walkin' With My Angel - Lee Starr & The Astrals (61) Pye 23. What'cha Gonna Do Baby - Jason Eddy & The Centremen (65) Parlophone 24. What's News Pussycat - The Crying Shames # 26 (66) Decca 25. Life On Venus (instrumental) - The Tornados # 17 Decca 26. Can't Hear The Beat Of A Broken Heart - Ian Gregory (61) Pye 27. Find Another Fool - Glenda Collins (61) Decca 28. Mystery Girl - Jess Conrad # 18 (61) Decca 29. Son This Is She - John Leyton # 15 (61) HMV 30. Wild Wind - John Leyton # 2 (61) Top Rank 31. Outro
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4452 -- TIMES RECORD SHOP SPECIAL
Pete is back this week with usual fun listen of Scratchy 45's - Remastered Doo Wop on CD and of course the Silly Song Segment. It's always great doo wop music that only Pete Chaston can deliver! Here is this week's playlist. This Times Record Shop special features a very special place. In the late 50s and early 60s. Irving 'Slim' Rose owned and operated a record shop filled with doo wop records of the time and many used rarities. And on a local New York Radio Station Slim had his own radio show. And he would play these doo wop rarities and tell there price and also announce what he was looking for - for the shop. Today the show is fascinating listening and long gone. But the rarities they played is unbelievable. Thanks to Pete in this show you can replay and remember.
* * * THE TIMES SQUARE RECORD SHOP SPECIAL * * *
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) SOME SONGS THAT BECAME HITS AFTER BEING CAUSED TO BE RE-RELEASED THANKS TO THE TIMES SQUARE RECORD SHOP:
2. Rama Lama Ding Dong-The Edsels (1958 & '60-61) 3. There's a Moon Out Tonight-The Capris (1958 & '61) 4. Everyday of the Week-The Students (1958 & '61) 5. Dedicated to the One I Love-The Shirelles (1959 & '61) 6. Rip Van Winkle-The Devotions (1961 & '63) 7. No, No, No-The Chanters (1958 & '61) 8. Baby, Oh Baby-The Shells (1957 & '60) 9. I'm So Young-The Students (1958 & '61)
SOME TIMES SQUARE RECORDS LABEL ORIGINAL RELEASES: 10. In My Heart-The Timetones (1961) 11. Go Back Where You Came From-The Summits (1961) 12. Pretty, Pretty Girl-The Timetones (1961) 13. I've Got a Feeling-The Timetones (1961) 14. The House Where Lovers Dream-The Timetones (1964)
REPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE OF A TIMES SQUARE RECORD SHOP RADIO SHOW: 15. Irving "Slim" Rose doing his Times Sq. Record Shop Show (early 1960s)
THE "STORMY WEATHER" & "THE CHANNELS" SHENANIGANS: 16. Stormy Weather-The Five Sharps (1952) 17. Stormy Weather-The Five Sharks (1964) 18. Give Me a Chance-The "Chanells" (probably The Pharotones with new falsetto overdubbed several years later in 1963)
TIMES SQUARE RECORD SHOP RADIO SHOW THEME SONG: 19. Times Square Stomp (instrumental) (1961) 20. The Times Square Stomp becomes the musical tract for Go Back Where You Came From-The Summits (1961) 21. (ending theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
When it comes to choices in Doo Wop Music shows on today it is hard to beat the choices you get and variety that you do with the Pete Chaston Doo Wop Show. If you would like to write to Pete with Doo Wop requests, comments or just a hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: email@example.com
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKING WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4453
From the Netherlands this is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs with entries from the USA, Canada and - 10 European songs from England, the Netherlands, Wales, Belgium and Sweden. So put on your rock `n roll shoes and have a lot of fun!
1. Leather jacket - Leroy van Dyke - 1958 2. Hot dog - Ray Campi - 1974 3. Hey little mama - The Barker Brothers - 1958 4. Good rockin' tonite - Go Cat Go - 1992 5. Brush those tears - The Black Dynamites - 1960 6. Girls talk - Dave Edmunds - 1979 7. Goodbye little darlin' goodbye - Gary Shelton - 1959 8. Somehow we'll find a way - Roger Fakes - 1957 9. Tongue-tied Jill - The Riot Rockers - 1976 10. Cry little girlie - Benny Banta - 1959 11. Mean little mama - Roy Orbison - 1957 12. Shirley - John Fred & the Playboys - 1959 13. Shirley - Shakin' Stevens - 1982 14. I'll be leaving you - Tommy Spurlin - 195x 15. Hey Lilli - Ricky Morvan & the Fens - 1963 16. You gotta pay - Benny Barnes - 1958 17. A picture of you - Joe Brown & the Bruvvers - 1962 18. Marianneke - Drukwerk - 1983 19. Fais do do - Rod Bernard - 1962 20. Jello Sal - Benny Ingram - 1958 21. MeXiGo ! - The Go Getters - 1996 22. Miss Bobby Sox - Benny Joy - 1957 23. Luscious lovin' Lucy - The Sprouts - 1958 24. Greenback dollar - The Black Knights - 2001 25. Rock doll - Bernie Early - 1958 26. Alligator boogie - Rene & the Alligators - 1978
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH AND THE BLUES POWER HOUR RECORDS STORY ON SHOW #4454
It's another Blues Power Hour here on Rock-it Radio. This show features Jeff Healey and His Band. Jeff is a Blues Icon and legend here in Canada. Blind at a year old he began playing guitar at the age of three!
He was a child guitar prodigy. Discovered by Albert Collins and Stevie Ray Vaughn in the late 80's playing at Toronto's Albert's Hall he soon was recording for Arista Records and while alive he and his band produced some of the best blues and rock blues tunes ever recorded in Canada.
He died tragically of cancer in March of 2008 at the age of only 41. Other great artists are featured as well on this show. The play list is as follows:
1. Killing Floor The Jeff Healey Band 1994 2. Look-A-Here-Howlin' Wolf 1951 3. California Blues #1-Howlin' Wolf 1951 4. 29 Ways-Willie Dixon 1956 5. I'm Ready-Muddy Waters 1954 6. Dust My broom-The Jeff Healey Band 1994 7. Hideaway-The Jeff Healy Band 1994 8. I'm Tore down-Freddie King 1961 9. It Hurts Me Too-Elmore James 1963 10. Give Me My Blues-Albert Collins 1980 11. The House is Rockin'-Stevie Ray Vaughn 1988 12. Cross Roads-The Jeff Healey Band 1994 13. Love In Vain-Robert Johnson 1937 14. I'm Going Home-The Jeff Healey Band 1994---(False start then full tune) 15. I'm Going Home- Ten Years After 1968 16. Run Through The Jungle-The Jeff Healey Band 1994
Always good to get more Blues in here Al - If you have any requests,or comments or would just like to say Hi to Al. You can reach the cool daddy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW FEATURING SONGS THAT ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD IN SHOW #4455 ON ROCK-IT RADIO.
SONGS THAT ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD - A "GALAXY" OF HITS (1956 TO 1963)
Have you ever heard Satellite by Teresa Brewer? It's a Hoot! And there are lots of Rock-A-Billy and Instrumentals about the Moon, Mars, Rockets and Space Creatures. I'll also talk, briefly, about the satellite, "SPUTNIK", THE MERCURY ROCKET PROGRAM and the telecommuncations satellite, "TELSTAR". And with Sci-Fi Movie Trailers to boot! Enjoy!
THE "SATELLITE" SONGS 1) SATELLITE - TERESA BREWER (1958) 2) SPUTNIK (SATELLITE GIRL) - JERRY ENGLER (1957) 3) SATELLITE ROCK - THE REVELARIES 4) SATELLITE BABY - SKIP STANLEY
LET'S ROCKET-BILLY TO THE MOON 5) TRIP TO THE MOON - WESLEY REYNOLDS (1957) 6) ROCK IT (RADIO) TO THE MOON - JACKIE GO-TROE & THE SCAMPS (1958) 7) ROCK ON THE MOON - JIMMY STEWART 8) ROCKIN' MOON MEN - HUGH LEWIS (1960) (Rips off "All American Boy")
BLAST OFF ON A ROCK-IT 9) ROCKET - JOE BENNETT & THE SPARKLETONES (1958) 10) ROCKET SHIP - VERNON GREENE & THE MEDALLIONS ('59) 11) I GOT A ROCKET IN MY POCKET - JIMMIE LLOYD
ROCK-IT ON MARS 12) ROCKET TO MARS - TERRY DUNAVAN & THE EARTHQUAKES ('58) 13) SPACESHIP TO MARS - GENE VINCENT ('61) 14) KNOCKED OUT JOINT ON MARS - DUCK TRAIL
THOSE UGLY SPACE CREATURES 15) FLYING SAUCER ROCK AND ROLL - BILLY LEE RILEY & THE LITTLE GREEN MEN (1956) 16) THE LITTLE SPACE GIRL - JESSE LEE TURNER (1958) 17) MARTIAN HOP - THE RAN-DELLS (1962)
THE LAUNCHING OF "TELSTAR" (JUNE 1962) 18) TELSTAR - THE TORNADOES 19) THE ROCKET MAN - THE SPOTNIKS (1962) 20) RIDIN' THE WIND - THE TORNADOES
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACKIE BOND & THE LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4456
Jackie Bond is back this week from his studios outside of London, England with another fantastic set of Rockabilly songs and featured acts from both sides of the Big Pond. Here is the playlist of this rockin' show!
1. Jack The Cat - Taboo Blue 2. I Feel Like Rockin' - Johnny And The Roccos 3. 36-24-35 - Keiron McDonald 4. Hot Little Mama - Johnny Guitar Watson 5. Whoopin' & Hollerin' - Preacher Stephens Soundbite 6. Johnny B Goode - Jerry Lee Lewis 7. Lay Your Head On My Shoulder - Alvis Wayne 8. Seven Nights To Read - Good Rockin' Daddies 9. Little Turtle Dove - Bobby Day 10. Rollin' To The Jukebox Rock - Benny Joy 11. Big Wheel - Planet Rockers 12. Schoolhouse Rock - Billy Harlan 13. Rockin' Bandit - Ray Smith 14. I Hate The Disco - Johnny And The Roccos 15. Take Me - Dusty Chance 16. Woman Train - Hank Davis 17. Party Line - Mac Curtis 18. Lie Detector - Arlie Duff 19. Rock And Roll Itch - Curley Jim And The Billyrockers 20. Everybody's Trying - Jerry Ross 21. I've Got News For You - Priscilla Bowman 22. 55 Ford - The Refreshments 23. Jitterbug Boogie - Albert Lee 24. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Thanks Jackie for another great show and your 54th here on Rock-it Radio! How time flies! If any of our listeners have a rockabilly request or comment or would just like to say hello! Just contact Jackie at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR WITH SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE HAYRIDE! ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4457
"Saturday Night at the Hayride"...this show is a tribute to announcer Frank Page, the voice of the Louisana Hayride, who passed away in January at the age of 87. The Shreveport Auditorium venue was home to some of the best live rockabilly performances of the 50's, including Elvis, Bob Luman, Johnny Horton, etc. Lots of rare live cuts in this one - come tune in by going to our program page and click to the speaker next to show #4457
1. My Heart's On Fire- Werly Fairburn & The Delta Boys 2. All Grown Up - Johnny Horton 3. Counterfeit Love - Johnny Horton 4. Still Loving You - Bob Luman 5. Mystery Train - Bob Luman 6. I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash 7. Ballad Of A Teenage Queen - Johnny Cash 8. I'm Ragged But I'm Right - Frankie Miller 9. Too Hot To Handle - Frankie Miller 10. Too Much Water - George Jones 11. Maybe Little Baby - George Jones 12. Long Gone Lonsome Blues - Hank Williams 13. I Got A Woman - Elvis Presley 14. I Can't Find The Doorknob - Jimmy & Johnny 15. Sweet Love On My Mind - Jimmy & Johnny 16. 90 Miles An Hour - Hank Snow 17. Tangled Mind - Hank Snow 18. Jimmy's Boogie - Jimmy Lee 19. Gottta Travel On - Merle Kilgore 20. Dirty Ernie - Merle Kilgore 21. Long Tall Sally - Marty Robbins 22. Respectfully Miss Brooks - Marty Robbins 23. Sugar Sweet - David Houston 24. Speak To Me Baby - Werly Fairburn
Wonderful Show Mike with lots of rare clips and riffs in deed. If you have any requests or comments or would like to say Hello to Mike you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4458
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4458.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4459
We are happy to report that Mike Bollea's Jukebox party show is back in business and here at Rock-it Radio. We don't have playlists to his show but you know it is a full two hours of oldies from the 50s and 60s with a powerful punch delivery that only Mike can do.
============================================== COOL BOBBY B'S DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4460
Cool Bobby B is back this week with his popular show of great Doo Wop Music here on Rock-it Radio. It's always a fun listen and here is the playlist for this week's show. It's in 2 parts in our program page that way we could fit in both hours of Great Doo Wop in show #3219!
1. Rockin' With The Clock - Shirley & Lee 2. Up On The Mountain - The Magnificents 3. Betty Ann - The Fabulous Four 4. Lorraine - The Bonnevilles 5. Tonight - The Love Notes 6. Counting My Teardrops - The Jayhawks 7. Tears Bring Heartaches - The Standards 8. Little Girl of Mine - The Cleftones 9. Earth Angel - The Penguins 10. Baby Blue - The Echoes 11. Speedo - The Cadillacs 12. Daddy's Home - Shep & The Limelites 13. Only The Angels Know - The Esquires 14. We Go Together - The Moonglows 15. This I Swear - The Skyliners 16. Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home) - The Impalas 17. Sweetest One - The Crests 18. All Night Long - The Du Mauriers 19. Gee I'm In Love - The Elchords 20. Ten Commandments of Love - The Moonglows 21. One Summer Night - Philly Cuzz 22. Thrill of Romance - The Gaytunes 23. Let's Start All Over Again - The Paragons 24. Love No One But You - The Jesters 25. Lonely Way (a capella) - The Zircons
26. Memory Lane - The Hippies 27. Sunday Kind of Love - The Four Seasons 28. Till - The Angels 29. One Million Years - The Heartbeats 30. Wonderful Girl - The Five Satins 31. Zoom Zoom Zoom - The Remninicents 32. Little Star - The Elegants 33. Try The Impossible - Lee Andrews & The Hearts 34. She Say - The Diamonds 35. I'm a Happy Man - The Jive Five 36. Talk To an Angel - The Love Notes 37. Rooftop Serenade (Lost Track) - Dion 38. Club Savoy - Rockin'Louie & The Mammer Jammers 39. Long Lonely Nights - Lee Andrews & The Hearts 40. Angel Baby - Rosie & The Originals 41. Cross My Heart - The Concords 42. Play Those Oldies Mr. D.J. - Anthony & The Sophomores 43. Nursery Rhymes - The Gems 44. True Love Gone - The Enchanters 45. When I Fall In Love - The Skyliners 46. Jukebox Saturday Night - Nino & The Ebb Tides 47. Little Darlin' - The Gladiolas 48. Three Wishes - The Harptones 49. Comes Love - The Skyliners 50. Darling Lorraine - The Knockouts 51. Linda Lu - Ray Sharpe 52. Goodnight Baby - The Imaginations
Cool Bobby B loves his Doo Wop and if you have any requests or comments or would just like to say Hi to Mr. B! You can at: email@example.com
TREAT YOURSELF OR GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and
remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s
to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
The Tunein.com folks are awesome just for the amount of stations that they carry! If you don't have it on your iphone I sure would suggest you grab it! They should be carrying the new stream in about a week.
We have switched our audio link to a m3u format. This is a more universal stream and can be received by a wider variety of formats from iphones, ipods, podcasts and your home pc on most modern computers. Easily and automatically recognized by mp3 players etc.
============================================= NEW TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR ROCK-IT RADIO
It was painful to do after all the promotion that we had done on our previous twitter account. But after several weeks it has become obvious we are unable to restore our old account. As it was hacked into. So, we are starting from scratch once again. If you are part of Twitter please give us a follow at: http://www.twitter.com/RockitRadio1 It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from January 27, 2013 to February 4, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ronny B. Goode -- Svartsjo, Sweden (has been listening to us since we were on IRRS in Milan Italy! in '95) Tonie & Jolanda Versfeld -- Helmond, Netherlands DW Walt -- Bardstown, Kentucky USA Luke Kornelson -- Deerfield, Wisconsin USA Dani -- Sonoma, California USA Klaus Imhaus -- ?? Steven Parker -- Bronx, New York USA
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 485 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,496 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #541 -- Denny Sanders - WMMS Cleveland 1/13/1978 2. RIR #539 -- Cousin Brucie -- WABC New York City 9/7/1965 3. RIR #426 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968 4. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 5. RIR #167 -- Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 3/10/1962 6. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1962 7. RIR #387 -- Joey Reynolds - WBBW Buffalo, NY Beatles Tribute 2/24/1964 8. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ - WNEW New York from 1974 9. RIR #517 -- Cousin Brucie WABC New York City 11/29/1967 10. RIR #523 -- Pat Holiday -- CKLW Windsor, Ontario 6/29/1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +0 5. France +0 6. Italy +1 7. Netherlands +1 8. Sweden -2 9. Philippines +1 10. Australia -1 11. Japan +0 12. Mexico +0 13. Saudi Arabia +4 14. United Arab Emirates -1 15. Brazil -1 16. Spain -1 17. Russia -1 18. Argentina +5 19. Serbia +21 20. Morocco +24 21. Switzerland -4 22. Finland -1 23. Slovakia -7 24. Colombia +13 25. Norway -1 26. Indonesia +1 27. South Africa +5 28. Czech Republic -7 29. Chile +14 30. Romania +0 31. Hungary -5 32. India -10 33. Belgium -14 34. New Zealand -8 35. Ireland +0 36. Greece -7 37. Ukraine +5 38. China +0 39. Peru +8 40. Bulgaria -3 41. Turkey -13 42. Singapore +6 43. Poland -22 44. Thailand +2 45. Denmark -14 46. Austria -10 47. Israel -10 48. Croatia +7 49. Portugal -4 50. Venezuela +11
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Illinois +0 3. Florida +0 4. New York +0 5. Pennsylvania +0 6. Ohio +0 7. Massachusetts +1 8. North Carolina -1 9. Texas +0 10. Washington +1 11. Michigan +2 12. Maryland +3 13. Virginia -1 14. Oregon +0 15. New Jersey -5 16. Missouri +0 17. Wisconsin +1 18. Arizona +1 19. Indiana -2 20. Georgia +1 21. Minnesota -1 22. Colorado +0 23. Tennessee +4 24. Connecticut -1 25. Oklahoma +1 26. Kentucky -1 27. South Carolina +1 28. Alabama -5 29. Nevada +0 30. Rhode Island +1 31. Arkansas -1 32. Iowa +0 33. Kansas +1 34. Louisiana -1 35. West Virgina +0 36. District of Columbia +0 37. Delaware +5 38. Maine -1 39. Alaska -1 40. Wyoming +1 41. Utah +2 42. Nebraska -5 43. Mississippi -3 44. Idaho +0 45. New Mexico +2 46. New Hampshire -1 47. Hawaii -2 48. South Dakota +1 49. Montana -1 50. Vermont +0 51. North Dakota +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!