As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4437 to #4446
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4437 TO #4446
Still getting used to the new system here and lots of data entry. But we did get 10 new rockin' shows here online on Rock-it Radio! It is the usual mix of first rock and roll genres. So, let's get started! Had a bit of an error in last week's newsletter playlists. Lane Quigley's show #4427 was the incorrect playlist for that show and we apologise to our listeners.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4437
Another assortment of hot rockin' sides await you on this week's Memory Lane Show. Join host Lane Quigley for some blistering rock & roll, rhythm & blues, rockabilly, pop and country, along with interesting interview clips from some of the performers. Get ready to revisit the spirit of the Golden Age of Top 40 radio on Rock-it Radio.
1. Daddy Cool - The Rays 1957 2. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Cry Over You - Elvis Presley 1956 SOUND BITES 3. Eyes - The Earls 1963 4. I'll Be Back - The Ravens 1953 5. Louisiana Man - Rusty & Doug 1961 6. I Done Got Over It - Irma Thomas 1962 SOUND BITE 7. Only In America - Jay & The Americans 1963 8. No Time - The Titans 1959 9. Miss Annie - The Plurals 1958 10. Why'd You Wanna Make Me Cry? - Connie Stevens 1962 SOUND BITE 11. Chiquitita Mia - Chris Montez 1962 12. One Eyed Jack - Bobby Charles 1957 13. Oh No Not My Baby - Fontella Bass 1966 SOUND BITE 14. Okeefenokee - Freddy Cannon 1959 15. Hand Clappin' - Red Prysock 1955 16. Dining In Chinatown - Jennifer Wells 1965 17. Baby Let Me Bang Your Box - The Toppers 1954 SOUND BITE 18. Bells Bells Bells - Billy & Lillie 1959 19. Sweet Home Chicago - Honeyboy Edwards 1953 20. Don't Mention My Name - The Shepherd Sisters 1963 SOUND BITE 21. A Breath Taking Guy - The Supremes 1963 22. That Other Place - Wade Flemons 1964 23. Move Over Darling - Doris Day 1964 24. He's Gone - The Chantels 1957
Thanks Lane for another great show of Top 40 Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to say Hello! You can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' OLDIES ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4438
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
Back with more Bop, Boogie, Jive & Smooch from as always right across the board including -- some jiving Doo Wop, the Blues side of rock 'n' roll, British Smooch, and Boppers from the 1950's - 1990's plus lots more!!
"ROCKABILLY JAMBOREE Pt 2"
01. Intro 02. I Ain't Gonna Be Your Lowdown Dog No More - Vince Everett (62) ABC-Paramount 03. They Call Me Willie The Wild One - Billy Barry (67) Festival 04. Put Me Down - Matt Lucas (63) Dot 05. Cheat On Me Baby - The Rockin' Saints (60) Decca 06. You Don't Know My Mind - Roy Moss (56) Mercury 07. Whistle Bait - The Collins Kids (58) Columbia 08. Bo Bo Ska Diddle Daddle - Wayne Walker (57) Columbia 09. Scalping Party (instrumental) - The Tornados (62) Cuca 10. Western Rock 'n' Roll - Tiny Topsy (58) Federal 11. Middle Of The Night - The Tuttle Sisters (60) Granite 12. Boppin' To Grandfather's Clock - Mario Bradley (M) 13. Whop-T-Bop - Sammy Masters & His Rocking Rhythm (56) 4-Star 14. I'm Coming Home - Johnny Horton (56) Columbia 15. Bop-A-Dee Bop-A-Doo - Hal Willis (56) Atlantic 16. Hillbilly Highway - Andy Lee Lang (M) 17. Sleep Walk (instrumental) - Pete Willsher (M) 18. Too Many Drivers - Dana Gillespie (M) 19. Gamblers Lament - Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings (M) 20. Angel Eyes - Jeff Healey (M) 21. Down By The Riverside - Billy Lee Riley (59) Sun 22. Kiss Me Big - Tennessee Ernie Ford (53) Capitol 23. The Right To Rock - Trini Lopez (58) Volk 24. No More Nothin' - Zeb Turner (51) King 25. Crackerjack - Janis Martin (57) RCA-Victor 26. Bigelow 6-200 - Brenda Lee (56) Decca 27. Nice Wasn't It - Glenda Collins (64) HMV 28. Doodle Bug Rag - Brenda Lee (56) Decca 29. Outro
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== MEL VENTURES - PT. 2 OF 1950'S COVER SONGS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4439 IN THE BACK IN TIME SHOW.
Mel is back this week with part II of the 1950s cover songs. Of 50's hits covered by other artists. Here is the playlist to this show.
1950's COVER SONGS (PART 2) (1954 TO 1959)
1) SUSIE-Q - THE CREW CUTS ('57) 2) DON'T BE ANGRY - THE CADETS ('56) 3) LONELY BOY - THE CHORDETTES ('59) 4) DADDY-O -THE FONTAINE SISTERS ('55) ------------------------------------------------------------------ 5) PLEDGING MY LOVE - TERESA BREWER ('55) 6) WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE - GALE STORM ('56) 7) ONLY YOU - THE HILLTOPPERS ('56) 8) WALKING ALONG - THE DIAMONDS ('58) (w/the Fats Domino Band) ------------------------------------------------------------------ (Fats Domino Covers) 9) BO WEEVIL - TERESA BREWER ('56) 10) I'M IN LOVE AGAIN - THE FONTAINE SISTERS ('56) 11) I'M WALKIN' - RICKY NELSON ('57) ------------------------------------------------------------------ (Rock and Roll "Cover" Songs) 12) BLUE SUEDE SHOES - ELVIS PRESLEY ('56) 13) RIP IT UP - BILL HALEY & HIS COMETS ('56) 14) WHAT AM I LIVING FOR - JACK SCOTT ('59) 15) REAL WILD CHILD - IVAN (Jerry Allison) ('58) ------------------------------------------------------------------- 16) TALL PAUL - THE CHORDETTES ('59) ------------------------------------------------------------------- (Another Set of "Best Of Cover Songs") 17) FEVER - PEGGY LEE ('58) 18) DARK MOON - GALE STORM ('57) 19) JUST WALKIN' IN THE RAIN - JOHNNIE RAY ('56) ------------------------------------------------------------------- (Covers or Homage to Singer - "Lulu Reed" Songs) 20) SICK AND TIRED - LULU REED ('54) 21) SICK AND TIRED - FATS DOMINO ('57) 22) DROWN IN MY OWN TEARS - LULU REED ('54) 23) DROWN IN MY OWN TEARS - RAY CHARLES ('56) ------------------------------------------------------------------- 24) STORY UNTOLD - THE CREW CUTS ('55) 25) CHURCH BELLS MAY RING - THE DIAMONDS ('56)
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
======================================================= TONY WARNER AND THE TIMELESS TRACKS SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4440
Tony Warner & Timeless Tracks blends a mix of R&B, Doo-Wop, Rockabilly and Teen Pop from the late 50¹s and early 60s as you would¹ve heard it on the radio back then.
In this show Tony has a comment from the late Gene Pitney about how his unique style of singing actually prevented him from getting to record songs early in his career and how he 'tricked' a a producer into a start as a singer.
From the Hits to the Forgotten to the Unknown, Tony plays it all in every show.
Here¹s the playlist for this edition of Timeless Tracks with Tony Warner:
1. Do You Wanna Dance Beach Boys 2. You Should Have Been There Fleetwoods 3. Gonna Make Him My Baby April Young 4. I¹ll Wait For You Frankie Avalon 5. You Gotta Have A Ducktail Billy Adams 6. Rocket 69 Todd Rhodes Orch. 7. Vowels of Love Poets 8. Ankle Bracelet Pyramids 9. All Night Long Johnny Fuller 10. Boss Guitar Duane Eddy 11. Tiny Blue Transistor Radio Connie Smith 12. Gene Pitney interview - I¹m Gonna Love My Life Away 13. You Mean Everythiing To Me Spades (correct) (Slades) 14. Popcorn Sultans 15. Don¹t Mention My Name Shepherd Sisters 16. I See You Cathy & Joe 17. Childish Ways Suddens (Safaris) 18. Bandit of My Dreams Eddie Hodges 19. With Open Arms Jane Morgan 20. LookinŒ For A Love Valentinos 21. 69 Arondies 22. Gotta Give Her Love Volumes 23. Got To Find Out About Love Edsels 24. Memory Lane Chi Chi McCauley 25. Timeless Tracks Song Judy Scott 26. My Heart Stood Still Innocents
Thanks Tony for another fantastic mix of oldies just like radio stations did back then. If you would like to write to Tony with any future requests, or comments or would just like to say hello you can by writing to him at: email@example.com
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH AND PART III OF THE OKEH RECORDS STORY ON SHOW #4441
This show features Part III my feature on the Okeh record label out of New York. Reactivated in 1951 by Columbia Records to be a label that would feature R&B it would ,under the direction of Danny Kessler, employ and record some of the greatest black artists of the era circa 1951-1957. This show features many of them.
The play list is as follows:
1. You Broke My Heart-Chuck Willis 1952 2. One Monkey Don't Stop No Show-Big Maybelle 1954 3. Long Distance Blues-the Treniers 1952 4. Maybelle's Blues-Big Maybelle 1953 5. My Big Mistake-Big Maybelle 1954 6. Give and Take-Chuck Willis 1954 7. Search My Heart-Chuck Willis 1955 8. It Were You-Chuck Willis 1955 9. Two Spoons Of Tears-Chuck Willis 1956 10. Rockin' Is Our Bizness-The Treniers 1953 11. Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie-The Treniers 1954 12. Rain Down Rain-Big Maybelle 1952 13. My Story-Chuck Willis and The Royals 1952 14. Just Want Your Love-Big Maybelle 1953 15. Love Struck-Chuck Willis 1954 16. Hi-Yo Silver-The Treniers 1952 17. No More Trouble Out Of Me-Big Maybelle 1954 18. Bald Head-The Treniers 1954 19. One More Break-Chuck Willis 1955 20. Ain't To Be Played With-Big Maybelle 1954 21. Lawdy Miss Mary-Chuck Willis 1954
Thanks Al for a cool insight on some early 50s R&B on the Okeh Label. If you have any requests, or comments or would just like to say Hi to Al. You can reach the cool daddy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4442
We are happy to report that Mike Bollea's Jukebox party show is back in business and here at Rock-it Radio. We don't have playlists to his show but you know it is a full two hours of oldies from the 50s and 60s with a powerful punch delivery that only Mike can do.
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4444
Pete is back this week with usual fun listen of Scratchy 45's - Remastered Doo Wop on CD and of course the Silly Song Segment. It's always great doo wop music that only Pete Chaston can deliver! Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Go Back Where You Came From-The Summits (1961) 3. Troubles Don't Last-The Kings (1959) 4. Let's Do the Cha-Cha-The Magnificents (1960) 5. In the Evening-The Keynotes (1956) 6. Baby, I Love You So-The Don Juans (1956) 7. Guardian Angel-The Selections (1958) 8. Guardian Angel-The Imaginations (1961) 9. There I Go-The Dell-Vikings (from 1956 audition tapes) 10. Hey You-The Imaginations (1961)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. Shombalor-Sheriff & The Ravels (1958) 12. Rubber Buscuit-The Chips (1956)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Knee Socks-The Ideals (1959) 14. Mary's Lamb-The Ideals (1959) 15. There Goes a Pretty Girl-The Enchanters (xxxx) 16. Once Upon a Time-Rochell & The Candles (1961)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Smokey Places-The Corsairs (1961) 18. Shama Lamma Ding Dong-Otis Day & The Knights (xxxx) 19. Rama Lama Ding Dong-The Edsels (1958 & '60-'61) 20. Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow-The Persuasions (xxxx)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. Our Songs of Love-The Love Notes (1963) 22. Deserie-The Charts (1957) 23. It's Too Late-Tarheel Slim & Little Ann (1959) 24. Lover's Prayer-The Click-ettes (1960) 25. I Want a Girl-The Mad Lads (1966) 26. This is My Love-The Legends of Doo-Wop (2001)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR SOME TRUE RARITIES AS PETE DOES A TRIBUTE TO THE TIMES RECORDS RECORD SHOP.
When it comes to choices in Doo Wop Music shows on today it is hard to beat the choices you get and variety that you do with the Pete Chaston Doo Wop Show. If you would like to write to Pete with Doo Wop requests, comments or just a hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4445
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4445.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B'S DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4446
Cool Bobby B is back this week with another fantastic set of 50's and early 60's Doo Wop Rock and Roll Group Harmony on this week's Doo Wop Stop here on Rock-it Radio. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (Opening theme song) 2. The Clock -- The Contenders 3. Never let me go -- Eddie Holman & The Larks 4. Oh Rose Marie -- The Fascinators 5. Darling Forever -- Dennis Dorritry Jr. 6. I only have eyes for you -- The Flamingos 7. Babalu's Wedding Day -- The Eternals 8. Memories of El Monte -- The Penguins 9. Glad to be here -- Lee Andrews & The Hearts 10. Dance Girl Dance -- Norman Fox & The Rob Roys 11. 16 Candles -- The Crests 12. Chapel of Dreams -- The Dubs 13. This I swear -- The Dubs 14. Oh my Angel -- Bertha Tillman 15. Drinkin' Wine Spo de o dee -- Slick McGhee 16. My own true love -- The Duprees 17. Crime Don't Pay -- The Nobles 18. Candy Store Love -- The Val Chords 19. Ko Ko Mo Girl -- Jimmy Pemberton 20. Trickle Trickle -- The Videos 21. The Clovers -- Blue Velvet 22. There's no other like my baby -- The Crystals 23. Love is like Music -- The Five Chords 24. Hey You -- The Contels 25. What brought us together -- The Edsels 26. Soft Shadows -- The Monotones 27. The Gleam in your eye -- The Channels
28. Earth Angel -- The Penguins 29. The Wanderer -- Dion 30. Duke of Earl -- Gene Chandler 31. The Stars -- The Ocapellos 32. Since I don't have you -- The Skyliners 33. Morse code of love -- The Capris 34. Fine Girl -- The Cliftonaires with Wayne Smith 35. Again -- The Cliftonaires 36. I'm so young -- The Students 37. In the still of the night -- Five Satins 38. I wonder why -- Dion & The Belmonts 39. Cry liked I cried -- The Harptones 40. Never let you go -- Five Discs 41. I remember -- Five Discs 42. Zoom -- The Cadillacs 43. Don't say goodbye -- The Valentines 44. No More -- The Uptones 45. When you dance -- The Turbans 46. It's too late -- The Companions 47. The Wind -- Nolan Strong & The Diablos 48. That girl in my heart -- The Capris 49. Where on When -- Dion & The Belmonts 50. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop show here on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
TREAT YOURSELF OR GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and
remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s
to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton! Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz who modeled for our T Shirts.
NO NEW ROCK-IT RADIO PROGRAMS FROM 5 TO 20 FEBRUARY I will be leaving for the Great White North during these days so we will be unable to provide new programs on Rock-it Radio. However, we will try to put up as many shows as possible before we leave to keep your ears full of the Great Orignial Rock N Roll we play. And as soon as we return to the studios here we will get right back on to new programming straight away. So, Don't forget us! :)
Rock-it Radio Store: The Rock-it Radio Launching Pad Store and orders for our Rock-it Radio shows - Our last day of filling orders will be the 4th of February. We will still be taking orders - but will be unable to fill them until the 21st of February.
DECEMBER END OF THE MONTH WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS.
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a random
drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by purchasing
either Rock-it Radio Shows through either the Rock-it Radio
The Tunein.com folks are awesome just for the amount of stations that they carry! If you don't have it on your iphone I sure would suggest you grab it! They should be carrying the new stream in about a week.
We have switched our audio link to a m3u format. This is a more universal stream and can be received by a wider variety of formats from iphones, ipods, podcasts and your home pc on most modern computers. Easily and automatically recognized by mp3 players etc.
============================================= NEW TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR ROCK-IT RADIO
It was painful to do after all the promotion that we had done on our previous twitter account. But after several weeks it has become obvious we are unable to restore our old account. As it was hacked into. So, we are starting from scratch once again. If you are part of Twitter please give us a follow at: http://www.twitter.com/RockitRadio1 It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from January 20, 2013 to January 26, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Walt Jones -- Centerville, Georgia USA Bruce Rummels -- ?? Arturo Lucero -- El Paso, Texas USA Andrew Patrick -- Scalea, Italy Jeff Douglas -- Yorba Linda, California USA John Delaney -- London, Ontario Canada
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 6 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,011 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #541 -- Denny Sanders - WMMS Cleveland 1/13/1978 2. RIR #539 -- Cousin Brucie -- WABC New York City 9/7/1965 3. RIR #426 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968 4. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 5. RIR #167 -- Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 3/10/1962 6. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1962 7. RIR #387 -- Joey Reynolds - WBBW Buffalo, NY Beatles Tribute 2/24/1964 8. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ - WNEW New York from 1974 9. RIR #517 -- Cousin Brucie WABC New York City 11/29/1967 10. RIR #523 -- Pat Holiday -- CKLW Windsor, Ontario 6/29/1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +0 5. France +0 6. Sweden +0 7. Italy +2 8. Netherlands -1 9. Australia -1 10. Philippines +0 11. Japan +0 12. Mexico +2 13. United Arab Emirates -1 14. Brazil -1 15. Spain +0 16. Russia +1 17. Saudi Arabia +2 18. Switzerland -2 19. Norway -1 20. Slovakia +3 21. Finland +0 22. Czech Republic +2 23. Argentina -1 24. India +1 25. Belgium -5 26. Poland +6 27. Indonesia +11 28. New Zealand -2 29. Hungary -2 30. Romania -5 31. Greece -4 32. South Africa -4 33. Israel +2 34. Denmark +0 35. Ireland -2 36. Turkey +3 37. Colombia +9 38. China +3 39. Bulgaria +4 40. Serbia -6 41. Austria -8 42. Ukraine -4 43. Chile -7 44. Morocco +6 45. Portugal -4 46. Thailand -1 47. Peru +4 48. Singapore +6 49. Djibouti -5 50. Egypt +11
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Illinois +0 3. Florida +0 4. New York +0 5. Pennsylvania +0 6. Ohio +0 7. North Carolina +0 8. Massachusetts +0 9. Texas +0 10. New Jersey +0 11. Washington +0 12. Virginia +2 13. Michigan -1 14. Oregon +1 15. Maryland -1 16. Missouri +0 17. Indiana +0 18. Wisconsin +2 19. Arizona +0 20. Minnesota -2 21. Georgia +0 22. Colorado +0 23. Connecticutt +0 24. Alabama +0 25. Kentucky +0 26. Oklahoma +2 27. Tennessee +2 28. South Carolina -2 29. Nevada -2 30. Arkansas +1 31. Rhode Island -1 32. Iowa +0 33. Louisiana +0 34. Kansas +0 35. West Virgina +2 36. District of Columbia +0 37. Maine -2 38. Alaska +0 39. Nebraska +0 40. Mississippi +0 41. Wyoming +2 42. Delaware +0 43. Utah -2 44. Idaho +0 45. New Hampshire +1 46. Hawaii +1 47. New Mexico -2 48. Montana +1 49. South Dakota -1 50. Vermont +0 51. North Dakota +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!