As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4483 to #4493
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4483 TO #4493
First I want to say we are sorry for the inconsistency of the Rock-it Radio Newsletter. The moving process is quite a chore and this past weekend we had a 2 day moving sale. We have another 11 new shows since our last newsletter though and don't forget our March Madness giveaway for our orders, information further down in this newsletter.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4483
From across the pond just outside of London UK it's Jackie Bond and the Let the Good times roll show. All sorts of favorites are played here and to tune in just click to show #4483 in our program website of Rock-it Radio. Here is the playlist of the show.
1. Jack The Cat - Taboo Blue 2. Secret Agent Man - The Go Getters 3. Pepper Hot Baby - Phil Gray and The Go Boys 4. Doin' All Right - Eddie Cash 5. Pretty baby - The Vibes 6. Honey Bee - Lee Dresser 7. Oh Oh Mojo - The Volcanos 8. Little Miss Bobby Sox - Bonnie Lou 9. What's Buggin' You Baby - The El Dorados 10. She Just Tears Me Up - Wynn Stewart Soundbite 11. Little Jonah - Brenda Lee 12. You'll Always Have A Home - Eddie 'Playboy' Taylor 13. Robinsoe Crusoe Bop - Sonny Cole and The Rhythm Roamers 14. Tick Tock - Bob Calloway and The Spiro Hep Cats 15. Rockin's Rocket - Jimmy Nelis and The Counts 16. Blue Swingin' mama - Larry Dowd 17. Mathilda - Cookie and The Cup Cakes 18. Prisoner's Song - Warren Storm 19. Doin' The Boogie - Sonny West 20. Rock Everybody - Leon and Carlos 21. Sixteen Tons - Bo Diddley 22. If I Oh I (Could Be With You Tonight) - Nolan Strong and The Diablos 23. Little Cassonova - The Caezars 24. Big Sandy - Whirlwind 25. Let's Rock Tonight - Jimmy Grubbs And His Music Makers 26. Pucker Paint - The Refreshments 27. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Thanks Jackie for another Rockin' show on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Jackie with any requests, comments or would just like to say hello. You can reach him online at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKING WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4484
From the Netherlands here is a special Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs recorded by European artists in the 21th century. Rock 'n Roll is still alive and kicking!!!! You will be hearing songs from Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the UK - besides English we have songs in the Finnish and Swedish language. So put on your rock `n roll shoes and have a lot of fun!
1. Bull by the horns - The Heartbeats - 2002 2. She-shaved-away-my-sideburn-blues - Black Raven - 2001 3. Be bopping baby - Blue Valley Boys - 2008 4. Nosejob - The Cascadez - 2006 5. Every little thing - Cimmaron Revival Band - 2003 6. Wolverton Mountain - Crazy Cavan & the Rhythm Rockers - 2001 7. Nortoni - King Drapes - 2000 8. Tu tu - Simon Crashly & the Roadmasters - 2001 9. Thank God I'm a teddyboy - Foggy Mountain Rockers - 2004 10. Kom ner fran taket - Little Andrew & the Rhythm Boys - 2010 11. Rockabilly rebel - Aces Again - 2011 12. A1 baby - Adam & his Nuclear Rockets - 2006 13. Cajun rock - The Jets (UK) - 2003 14. Cinnamon tree - Cherry Tess & het Rhythm Sparks - 2009 15. Hot sexy mama - Bouke - 2010 16. Twenty One - The Barnshakers - 2005 17. Call myself a Ted - The Rioters - 2002 18. Just for kicks - Forbidden Rockers - 2003 19. The buffalo song - Round Up Boys - 2003 20. Mad at you - B Cupp & the Fill-Ups - 2007 21. Umbrella - The Baseballs - 2009 22. Ride on - Boppin' Rhythm Boozers - 2003 23. Rock it down to my house - Miss Mary Ann & the Ragtime Wranglers - 2006 24. Sign of the times - The Jime - 2002 25. Pipeline - Hot Rockin' - 2001
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND & THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4485
From the land downunder in Bendigo, Victoria Australia in his studios -- Trevor is back with some fantastic oldies made esp. for Rock-it Radio - and over to your speakers via the World Wide Web! This week it's an all Aussie Rockabilly Special! Great Rockers from Down Under. Here is the playlist.
Featuring boppin' tracks from Australia. " Rock On " under The Southern Cross.
Outer Space Spot 01. Let's Go To Planet Bop - The Flatfoot Shakers 02. Wild ,Wild, Wild - The Flatfoot Shakers
Cadillacs and other Hot Machines. 03. The Chase - The Creepers 04. Monkey Wrench - The Creepers 05. Real Hot Rod - The Flying Saucers 06. Rat Rod - The Flying Saucers 09. Drug Store Rockin' - Jeannie Lushes & The Lubricators 10. Black Cadillac - Jeannie Lushes & The Lubricators 11. Blast Off - The Sky Rockcats 12. Hoon Boy - The Sky Rockcats 13. One Hand Loose - Atomic Hi-Tones 14. Beartha Lou - Atomic Hi-Tones 15. Kid Cadillac - Chrome Daddies 16. I Hung It Up - Chrome Daddies 17. Jungle Rock - Itchy Fingers 18. Let's Bop - Itchy Fingers 19. Who Was That Cat - The Rockin' Daddy's 20. Cat Woman - Rockin' Daddy's 21. Rock & Roll Baby - Jump & Jive 22. You're A Liar - Jump & Jive
Would you like to write to Trevor via E mail with any future request, comment or send a g'day he would love to hear from you. His e mail address is: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4486
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board. Back with some more rockin' tracks from the 1950's and 1960's from as always, right across the board, including, Rockabilly, Rhythm & Blues, Strollers, Jivers, Boogie and my regular feature, The Smooch Spot, with all the years of record releases and all the corresponding record labels plus more sound bytes dotted throughout the show. Here is the playlist.
01. Intro 02. Don't Ya Know - Eddie Fontaine (58) Chess 03. Purr Kitty Purr - Sid King & His Five Strings (56) Columbia 04. Kool Kat - Bill Sherrell & The Dell Tones (58) Tyme 05. Three Cool Cats - The Coasters (59) Atco 06. Listen Kitten - Freddie Nell (59) Decca 07. Fattening Frogs For Snakes - Sonny Boy Williamson II (55) Checker 08. Searchin' For A Woman - Albert King (61) Chess 09. It Hurts To Be In Love - Annie Laurie (57) DeLuxe 10. Baby Baby Every Night - Etta James (58) Kent 11. The Madison Blues - Elmore James (60) Unissued Chess 12. The World Is Round - Georgie Fame & The Blue Flames (66) Columbia 13. Mary Jane - Del Shannon (64) Amy 14. Chills And Fever - Ronnie Love (60) Dot 15. Baby Work Out - Jackie Wilson (63) Brunswick 16. Mean When I'm Mad - Eddie Cochran (57) Liberty 17. My Girl Gertie - Dub Dickerson (54) Capitol 18. Real Gone Lover - Smiley Lewis (55) Imperial 19. Hey Spo-Dee-O-Dee - Wild Bill Moore (50) King 20. You Mostest Girl - Bobby Lee Trammell (58) Abott 21. Hard Headed Woman - Elvis Presley (58) RCA-Victor 22. Almost Grown - Chuck Berry (59) Chess 23. While Our Hearts Are Young - The Federals (57) Fury 24. Magic Mirror - The Whirlers (The Empires) (57) Whirlin' Disc 25. Blues For Mama - Nina Simone (67) RCA-Victor 26. It's Too Late - Chuck Willis (56) Atlantic 27. Old Smokey Locomotion - Little Eva (63) Dimension 28. I Feel Like A Million - Mamie Bradley (58) Sue 29. The Wamboo - Del Shannon (62) Big Top 30. Outro
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4487 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Shirley-The Rainbows (1956) 3. I Can't Believe-Dino & The Diplomats (1961) 4. For Sentimental Reasons-The Devotions (1961) 5. Rent Man-The Silhouettes (xxxx) 6. Lucille-The Drifters (1954) 7. Tick Tick Tock-Teddy & The Continentals (1961) 8. Wait a Minute-Tim Tam & The Turn-Ons (1966) 9. Cherry-The Rivingtons (1963) 10. I'll Make You Understand-The Performers (1959)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. The Little Man in Chinatown-Jim Lowe (1956) 12. Little Space Girl-Jesse Lee Turner (1959 or '58)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Fine Fine Baby-The Romeos (1957) 14. Rocket to the Moon-The Reflections (1962) 15. Dear I Swear-The Plants (1956) 16. Sugar Baby Love-The Rubettes (1974)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. by request: Can't Help Loving That Girl of Mine-The Hide-A-Ways (1954) 18. Long Tall Girl-The Carnations ((1957) 19. No Chance-The Cadillacs (1955) 20. I Met Him on a Sunday-The Shirelles (1958)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. You Said You Loved Me-The Channels (1971) 22. Hoping You'll Understand-The Strangers (mid 1950s) 23. I'm So in Love-Patty & The Street-Tones (1979) 24. The Wind-The Jesters (1960) 25. Love No One But You-The Jesters (1957) 26. You Promised Me Love-The Channels (1990)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amatuer doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: email@example.com
============================================== BILL GREEN & THE ROCK AND ROLL RETRO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4488
Bill Green returns on Rock 'n Roll Retrospective with his Giant Juke Box. Bill plays some very tasty tunes featurning two triple plays, three Rock 'n Roll drummers, two fabulous flip sides plus a few blues singers ans a lot more. It all makes for one great show here on Rock-it Radio.
1) You're No Good - Dee Dee Warwick (1963) 2) You're No Good - Betty Everette (1963) 3) You're No Good - Linda Ronstadt (1975) 4) Oh How Happy - Shades Of Blue (1966) 5) Stubborn Kind Of Fellow - Marvin Gaye (1962) 6) Teen Beat - Sandy Nelson (1959) 7) Be My Baby - The Ronettes (1963) 8) I'm Walkin' - Fats Domino (1957) 9) Gainesville - Roy Gaines (1957) 10) Let Them Talk - Little Willie John (1960) 11) Everyone's Laughing - The Drifters (1955) 12) Everything I Do Is Wrong - B. B. King (1954) 13) Mockingbird - Inez Foxx (1963) 14) Moma Didn't Lie - Jan Bradley (1963) 15) I Saw Linda Yesterday - Dickey Lee (1962) 16) Like A Baby - Len Barry (1966) 17) Do The New Continental - The Dovells (1962) 18) (All Of A Sudden) My Heart Sings - Paul Anka (1959) 19) Share - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers (1956) 20) Treat Me Nice - Elvis Presley (1957) 21) Mountain Of Love - Johnny Rivers (1965) 22) I Just Want To Make Love To You - Muddy Waters (1954) 23) I Just Want To Make Love To You - The Righteous Brothers (1964) 24) I Just Want To Make Love To You - Foghat (1972)
Very Cool Demonstration Bill how a song can progress with those triple plays! If you have a request or dedication or just a friendly hello to Bill you can surely reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4489
Another incredible array of hot sides await you on this week's Memory Lane Show. Host Lane Quigley digs deep into his collection for 24 great tracks featuring lots of doo-wop, rockabilly, R&B and Good Old Rock & Roll. Lane also presents a half-dozen of his always-fascinating sound bites, including the story of how a fabled songwriting team first hooked up, how a New Orleans classic was created, and why a once overlooked recording became a vocal group classic.
1. Have Mercy Baby - The Dominos 1952 2. Breakaway - Irma Thomas 1964 SOUND BITE 3. Bye Bye Baby - The Channels 1957 4. Shake It Up - Conway Twitty 1957 5. Kidnaper - Van Broussard 1963 6. Peppermint Stick - The Elchords 1958 (reissued 1962) SOUND BITE 7. It's Gonna Be Alright - Maxine Brown 1965 8. Hurry Up - Ritchie Valens 1958 9. Lundee Dundee - The Versatiles 1960 10. Gunslinger - Bo Diddley 1960 SOUND BITE 11. I Am The Lover Man - Willie Dixon 1956 12. Hold It - Bill Doggett 1958 13. The Pick Up - Etta James (featuring Plas Johnson) 1957 SOUND BITES 14. Tipitina - Professor Longhair 1954 15. Ready Teddy - Buddy Holly 1957 16. Let The Good Times Roll - Louis Jordan 1946 17. Ko Ko Mo (Alternate Combo Take) - Gene & Eunice 1955 SOUND BITE 18. Forever - The Marvelettes 1963 19. There Goes My Love - The Fantastics 1959 20. It Won't Be Long - Clarence Frogman Henry 1957 21. Baby's Gone - Gene Thomas 1963 SOUND BITE 22. Give Me Your Love - The Four Pharoahs 1958 23. What Have I Done? - The Titans 1960 24. (It's No) Sin - The Duprees 1964
Thanks Lane for another great show of Top 40 Radio! This is Lane's 497th show as we make our way to the big milestone of 500 shows for Rock-it Radio!
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4490
It's all about the first 45 rpm records starting in 1949! They were the latest thing for the record industy. And the early ones of course quite rare. And here is a sample of a few from the collection of Mel Ventures this week in the Back in Time show.
THE EARLY 45 RPM 7" DISCS - FROM THE "FIRST" ONE ONWARD. (1949 and 1950)
1) THAT'S ALL RIGHT - ARTHUR "BIG BIG" CRUDUP (3/31/49) (The sound of the actually "orange" 45) (First R&B Disc from RCA Victor - 50-0000) 2) "A" , YOU'RE ADORABLE - PERRY COMO (First #1 Pop 45) (May 7, 1949) (RCA Victor) 3) (GHOST) RIDERS IN THE SKY - VAUGHN MONROE (RCA #1 Pop Song of the Year) (1949) 4) LOVESICK BLUES - HANK WILLIAMS (First #1 Country 45 and Country Song of the Year - 1949) 5) BOYFRIEND BLUES - ARTHUR "BIG BOY" CRUDUP (Second RCA Victor R&B 45 Issued - 50-0001) 6) TEXARKANA BABY - EDDY ARNOLD (3/3/49) (Considered the First 45 Released from RCA Victor - 48-0000) 7) IF YOU EVER CHANGE YOUR WAYS - BIG MACEO MERRIWEATHER (RCA Victor - 50-0002) 3/31/49 8) I ALMOST LOST MY MIND - IVORY JOE HUNTER (1950) (Atlantic - 1950) 9) ANYTIME, ANYPLACE, ANYWHERE - JOE MORRIS AND ORCH. (Vocal: Laura Tate) (Atlantic - 1950) 10) THE CRY OF THE WILD GOOSE - FRANKIE LAINE (#1 Pop HIt From Mercury) 11) TEARDROPS FROM MY EYES - RUTH BROWN (Atlantic - 1950) 12) IF I KNEW YOU WERE COMING I'D 'VE BAKED A CAKE - EILEEN BARTON (The National Label - 1950) #1 song for Eileen) 13) MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC - TERESA BREWER (London - 1950) 14) ANYTIME - EDDY ARNOLD (Rec'd in '47, released on 45 in '49) 15) ROOTIE TOOTIE - PEE WEE KING (Rec'd in '48 released on 45 in '49) 16) BRING ANOTHER HALF A PINT - SONNY BOY WILLIAMSON (Early R&B 45)
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A Pt. 1 OF A TRIBUTE TO THE CLOVERS! ON SHOW #4491
The Clovers Pt. 1 (1950-53)
The Clovers were the most successful rhythm & blues vocal group from 1951 to 1955, racking up 16 top 10 R&B singles during that time-frame. There of those singles went to #1. Though they didn't have a huge career defining hit, like The Dominoes did with "Sixty Minute Man," The Clovers claim to fame was consistency. You always knew what you were going to get with a Clovers record. Most of their songs were mid-tempo with tight, limited instrumentation, beautifully blended harmonies and catchy, memorable lyrics. Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun oversaw their quality control, writing every one of their #1 records. This week, "Juke In The Back" begins a 3 show feature on this ground-breaking pre-rock n' roll group. In part 1, we'll cover EVERY Clovers' release (both A and B sides) from their debut on Rainbow Records in 1950 to their mid-1953 Atlantic releases. In-between, you'll find almost #1s, "One Mint Julep" and "Crawlin' as well as their monster hits, "Don't You Know I love You So," "Fool, Fool, Fool" and "Ting-A-Ling." We even get the inside scoop on how the Clovers were signed to Atlantic from an interview Matt The Cat conducted with the late Ahmet Ertegun several years ago. It's part 1 of 3 on the amazing Clovers, this week on the "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Yes Sir, That's My Baby - The Clovers - Rainbow 1950 3. When You Come Back To Me - The Clovers - Rainbow 1950 4. Don't You Know I Love You So - The Clovers - Atlantic 1951 5. Skylark - The Clovers - Atlantic 1951 6. Fool, Fool, Fool - The Clovers - Atlantic 1951 7. Needless - The Clovers - Atlantic 1951 8. One Mint Julep - The Clovers - Atlantic 1952 9. Middle Of The Night - The Clovers - Atlantic 1952 10. Ting-A-Ling - The Clovers - Atlantic 1952 11. Wonder Where My Baby's Gone - The Clovers - Atlantic 1952 12. Hey Miss Fannie - The Clovers - Atlantic 1952 13. GREAT 78 - Yes, It's You - The Clovers - Atlantic 1953 14. I Played The Fool - The Clovers - Atlantic 1952 15. Crawlin' - The Clovers - Atlantic 1953 16. Here Goes A Fool - The Clovers - Atlantic 1953 17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another commendable tribute to another R&B great Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4492
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4492.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP - HERE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4493
Cool Bobby B is back this week with his popular show of great Doo Wop Music here on Rock-it Radio. It's always a fun listen and here is the playlist for this week's show. It's in 2 parts in our program page that way we could fit in both hours of Great Doo Wop in show #4493!
1. Rockin' With The Clock - Shirley & Lee 2. I Remember - The Five Discs 3. You Hurt Me Inside - The Parktowns 4. Speedo - The Cadillacs 5. Thinking of You - The Jaguars 6. My True Story - The Jive Five 7. My Juanita - The Crests 8. Little Boy Blue - The Elegants 9. Close Your Eyes - The Five Keys 10. Those Oldies But Goodies - Kenny Vance & The Planotones 11. What Will I Gain - The Sharps 12. Babalu's Wedding Day - The Elegants 13. Desirie - The Charts 14. I Found a Love - The Infatuators 15. Don't Say Goodbye - The Superiors 16. There Goes My Heart Again - Tony & The Holidays 17. Looking For an Echo - Kenny Vance & The Planotones 18. Under The Boardwalk - The Drifters 19. Click Clack - Dickey Doo & The Donts 20. Puppy Love - Little Jimmy Rivers & The Tops 21. Them There Eyes - Lewis Lymon & The Teenchords 22. PS I Love You - The Classics 23. This Paradise - Donald Woods & The Vel Aires 24. One Summer Night - Philly Cuzz 25. Look Into The Sky - The Lytations 26. Come To Me - Marv Johnson
27. Eleventh Hour Melody - The Rivieras 28. Again - The Concords 29. My Boy Lollipop - Barbie Gaye 30. Rainy Day Bells - The Globetrotters 31. Dream Girl - Norman Fox & The Rob Roys 32. I'm So Young - The Students 33. I'm So Young - Kid Kyle 34. Hey You - The Imaginations 35. A Hundred Pounds of Clay - The Belmonts 36. A Thousand Stars - Kathy Young & The Innocents 37. You're My Angel Under The Sun - TheNorristones 38. Angel Baby - Rosie & The Originals 39. Two Hearts Are Better Than One - The Paragons 40. I Believe - The Earls 41. Bing Bong - Vince Castro & The Tonettes 42. Walk With The WINd - The Fidelities 43. What Brougnt Us Together - The Edsels 44. Goodnight Baby - The Imaginations
Cool Bobby B loves his Doo Wop and if you have any requests or comments or would just like to say Hi to Mr. B! You can at: email@example.com ==============================================
TREAT YOURSELF OR GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and
remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s
to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
This week: Suggested by Program Manager of Rock-it Lane Quigley and it's from March 4, 1962. Fats Domino sings a medley of "Jambalaya", "You Win Again" and "Let the Four Winds Blow". On the Ed Sullivan Show.
And check out the 100s of vintage music videos we have listed in our Video webpage at:
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from March 7, 2013 to March 18, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mauricio de La Vega Pohls -- Leon, Mexico Rich Ehrlichman -- Havre de Grace, Maryland USA Brian Anastari -- Westfield, Massachusetts, USA Tony Porritt -- Sydney, Australia Ilene Shermony -- Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania USA Asa Peavy -- Lufkin, Texas USA Tami Peters -- Nampa, Idaho USA
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 7 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,695 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 3/18/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1974 2. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 3. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) - WLAC Nashville 1967 4. RIR #617 -- Arch Yancey - KNUZ Houston, Texas 6/14/1965 5. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 6. RIR #629 -- Charlie Van Dyke -- CKLW Windsor (Detroit) 4/28/1969 7. RIR #514 -- John R - WLAC Nashville April 1969 8. RIR #207 -- Chuck Leonard WABC New York 11/26/1968 9. RIR #565 -- Joe Ford - KNUZ Houston 7/7/1966 10. RIR #623 -- Big Jim Edwards - CKLW Windsor Ont. 12/1/1969
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +0 5. France +0 6. Philippines +0 7. Mexico +4 8. Italy -1 9. Netherlands +0 10. Australia -3 11. Japan -1 12. Brazil +0 13. Sweden +0 14. Argentina +3 15. Russia +0 16. Spain +0 17. Finland -3 18. Switzerland +1 19. Norway +2 20. Indonesia +8 21. China -4 22. Belgium -2 23. South Africa -2 24. Austria +9 25. New Zealand -1 26. Czech Republic -2 27. Ireland -4 28. India +1 29. Colombia +6 30. Saudi Arabia +0 31. Romania +0 32. Peru +0 33. Poland +9 34. Hungary +2 35. Serbia +3 36. United Arab Emirates -9 37. Thailand +4 38. Denmark +1 39. Israel +4 40. Greece -7 41. Turkey -3 42. Ukraine -6 43. Malaysia +1 44. Morocco +2 45. Portugal +0 46. Chile +3 47. Qatar +4 48. Bulgaria +2 49. Slovakia +4 50. Singapore -3
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +1 6. Illinois -1 7. Ohio +0 8. New Jersey +2 9. Indiana +2 10. Washington +4 11. Virginia +2 12. Michigan +0 13. Massachusetts -4 14. Maryland +1 15. North Carolina -6 16. Missouri +0 17. Oregon +0 18. Arizona +0 19. Georgia +0 20. Colorado +3 21. Wisconsin -1 22. Tennessee +0 23. Connecticut -3 24. Kentucky +2 25. West Virginia +6 26. Alabama -1 27. South Carolina +0 28. Minnesota -3 29. Iowa -1 30. Nevada +4 31. Rhode Island -1 32. Kansas +1 33. Utah -4 34. Nebraska +3 35. Oklahoma -2 36. Delaware -3 37. Louisiana -2 38. Idaho +2 39. Mississippi +7 40. New Hampshire +1 41. Maine +2 42. Arkansas -10 43. New Mexico -1 44. District of Columbia -7 45. South Dakota -1 46. Vermont +3 47. Hawaii +1 48. Alaska -1 49. Montana +1 50. North Dakota +1 51. Montana -6
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!