As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, March 25, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4494 to #4504
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4494 TO #4504
Here we are again with the latest playlists and news from Rock-it Radio this week. We have 11 new shows to keep you rockin' that we have put in our program page this past week. Also, we are still continuing our March Madness Sale as we attempt to deplete our studio inventory here for the move. And some news further down on a Rock-it Resignation and some sad Rockabilly passings this month.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
COOL DADDY GOES ROCKABILLY AND TRIBUTE TO BILLY CRASH CRADDOCK IN ROCK-IT SHOW #4494
From Studio C in Brampton, Ontario Canada comes one Al 'Cool Daddy' Smith. This week it's an all rockabilly show.
This show features a mix of great Rockabilly tunes plus a look at an unknown (at least for his work in the 1950s-1960s) but talented Columbia recording artist of the late 1950s, Billy 'Crash' Craddock.
Columbia signed him in an attempt to find a Pop and Rockabilly star on a par with Elvis . They failed ,at least in the U.S., but he was to become a huge hit in Australia for reasons that are discussed in the show. Despite his failure to become a teen idol in the 1950s he did become a Country Music star in the early 1970s. It is his body of work from the 1950s on Columbia however that will be dealt with in this show. The play list is as follows:
1. Well Don't You Know-Crash Craddock 2. Bop-A-Lena-Ronnie Self 1958 3. Ugly and Slouchy-The Maddox Brothers 1957 4. Wild Wild Young Men-Rose Maddox 1955 5. Bo Bo Ska Diddle Diddle-Wayne Walker 1957 6. Good Rockinâ€™ Baby-Sid King and The Five Strings 1956 7. One Last Kiss-Crash Craddock 1960 8. Report Card of Love-Crash Craddock 1960 9. Ah, Poor Little Baby-Crash Craddock 1958 10. Don't Destroy Me-Crash Craddock 1959 11. Boom Boom Baby-Crash Craddock 1959 12. Ain't I'm A Dog-Roman Self 2003 13. Sweet Nothins-Roman Self 2003 14. Sweetie Pie-Crash Craddock 1959 15. Lulu Lee-Crash Craddock 1958 16. Since She Turned Seventeen-Crash Craddock 1959 17. Good Bye baby-Jack Scott 1958 18. I Want That-Crash Craddock 1959 19. One Little Hour-Ricky Nachman Fahrner 2011 20. Heavenly Love-Crash Craddock 1960 21. Good Time Billy(Is A Happiness Fool) 1960 22. Bip A Little Bop A Lot-Joe Penny 1958 23. Freight Train Boogie-The Delmore Brothers 1946 24. Blabber Mouth-Crash Craddock 1959 25. School Day Dreams-Crash Craddock 1960
Great show Cool Daddy! Do you have any comments or questions on this show or rock in General the Cool Daddy would love to read and answer them. Or just a friendly hello. You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== TONY WARNER AND THE TIMELESS TRACKS SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4495
Warner & Timeless Tracks blends a mix of R&B, Doo-Wop,
Rockabilly and Teen Pop from the late 50¹s and early 60s as you would¹ve
heard it on the radio back then. In this show Tony features an interview with Cameo-Parkway singing star Dee Dee Sharp. She explains how she got to be the 'answer' person in Chubby Checker¹s 'Call & Answer' hit Slow Twistin. It was purely by accident. In fact, it was before Dee Dee had even had her first chart single! From the Hits to the Forgotten to the Unknown, Tony plays it all in every show. Here¹s the playlist for this edition of Timeless Tracks with Tony Warner:
1. I¹ll Be Forever Loving You - El Dorados 2. Endlessly - Brook Benton 3. My Smile Is Just A Frown - Carolyn Crawford 4. What A Surprise - Johnny Maestro 5. Bertha Lou - Johnny Faire (Donnie Brooks) 6. Is It Any Wonder - Dell Vikings 7. Flip, Flop & Bop - Floyd Cramer 8. He¹s My Guy - Irma Thomas 9. I Remember - Five Discs 10. Remember When - Earls (demo version) 11. Quarter to Three - U.S. Bonds 12. Slow Twistin - Chubby Checker b/u by Dee Sharp (interview with Dee Dee Sharp) 13. Would I Love You - Miracles 14. Short Fat Fanny - Larry Williams 15. Oh Baby Don¹t You Weep - James Brown 16. I¹m Yours - Duprees 17. Plain Jane - Bobby darin 18. Cry Baby Heart - Harold Jenkins (Conway Twitty) recorded in 1946 on live radio show 19. Don¹t Bet money Honey - Linda Scott 20. Little Bitty Girl - Bobby Rydell 21. I Cried - Cookie & The Cupcakes 22. Ten Commandments of Love - Harvey & The Moonglows 23. Baby¹s Gone - Gene Thomas 24. The Cajun Queen - Jimmy Dean (answer song to Big Bad John) 25. I Can¹t Say Goodbye - Fireflies
Timeless Tracks show always has a great mix of everything! Just like it was played over the radio back then! If you would like to write to Tony with any requests, comments, questions, hello's you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4496 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Goodnight Baby-The Imaginations (1961) 3. My Hero-The Imaginations (1996) 4. Zip Boom-The Supremes (1956) 5. Tonight Kathleen-The Valentines (1954) 6. When I Woke Up This Morning-The Bop-chords (1957) 7. Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)-The Impalas (1959) 8. Sure As The Flower-The Dukes of Harmony (xxxx) 9. Happiness-The Roommates (xxxx) 10. My True Story (alternative version)-The Jive Five (1961)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. I Put A Spell On You-Screaming Jay Hawkins (1957) 12. VooDoo-Screaming Jay Hawkins (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. You Belong To Me-The Five Discs (xxxx) 14. Never Let You Go-The Five Discs (1962) 15. Zorro-Charles McCullough & The Silks (1962) 16. I Really Love You-The Stereos (1961)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Zoom Zoom Zoom-The Collegians (1957) 18. Let It Please Be You-The Desires (1960 or '59) 19. That's My Desire-The Chessmen (mid 1960s) 20. Dance Gypsy-The Chessmen (mid 1960s)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. A Teardrop Fell From My Eye-The Chessmen (mid 1960s) 22. What Time Is It?-The Jive Five (1962) 23. Beggin' You Please-The Jive Five (1962) 24. These Golden Rings-The Jive Five (1962) 25. To Know Her Is To Love Her-The Beatles (1963) 26. The Closer You Are-The Channels (1956)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amateur doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: email@example.com
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4497
Mike Bollea's Jukebox Party is just that -- A party of great oldies coming thru your speakers on your computer and it is definetly worth a listen. It's a mix of R&B, and 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll. We don't have a playlist for this show but it does come in 2 parts. If you have any questions or would like to send a hello to Mike you can write him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4498
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board. Back with some more rockin' tracks from the 1950's and 1960's from as always, right across the board, including, Rockabilly, Rhythm & Blues, Strollers, Jivers, Boogie and my regular feature, The Smooch Spot, with all the years of record releases and all the corresponding record labels plus more sound bytes dotted throughout the show. Here is the playlist.
Unfortunately we don't have a playlist for this show. Some glitches over the internet had lost it. But if it's Spinning Rock you know it has to be a great mix. We will hopefully be able to post it in next week's newsletter
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A Pt. 2 OF A TRIBUTE TO THE CLOVERS! ON SHOW #4499
The Clovers Pt. 2 (1953-56)
The Clovers were the most successful rhythm & blues vocal group from 1951 to 1955, racking up 16 top 10 R&B singles during that time-frame. Three of those singles went to #1. Though they didn't have a huge career defining hit, like The Dominoes did with "Sixty Minute Man," The Clovers claim to fame was consistency. You always knew what you were going to get with a Clovers record. Most of their songs were mid-tempo with tight, limited instrumentation, beautifully blended harmonies and catchy, memorable lyrics. This week, "Juke In The Back" presents part 2 of a 3 part feature on this ground-breaking pre-rock n' roll group. In part 2, we'll cover EVERY Clovers' release (both A and B sides) from mid-1953 to the beginning of 1956. During this time, lead vocalist Buddy Bailey was drafted, so Charlie White, formally of the Dominoes and The Checkers was brought in to sing on "Good Lovin'," which hit #2 on the R&B charts as well as the classic "Lovey Dovey." When things didn't work out with White, the group hired Billy Mitchell, who lends his versatile voice to "Your Cash Ain't Nothin' But Trash" and "In The Morning Time," until Buddy Bailey was discharged and could return to lead the group. It's part 2 of 3 on the amazing Clovers, this week on the "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Good Lovin' - The Clovers - Atlantic 1953 3. Comin' On - The Clovers - Atlantic 1953 4. The Feeling Is So Good - The Clovers - Atlantic 1953 5. Lovey Dovey - The Clovers - Atlantic 1954 6. Little Mama - The Clovers - Atlantic 1954 7. Your Cash Ain't Nothin' But Trash - The Clovers - Atlantic 1954 8. I've Got My Eyes On You - The Clovers - Atlantic 1954 9. I Confess - The Clovers - Atlantic 1954 10. Blue Velvet - The Clovers - Atlantic 1954 11. If You Love Me - The Clovers - Atlantic 1954 12. Love Bug - The Clovers - Atlantic 1955 13. GREAT 78 - Alrighty Oh Sweetie - The Clovers - Atlantic 1954 14. In The Morning Time - The Clovers - Atlantic 1955 15. Nip Sip - The Clovers - Atlantic 1955 16. If I Could Be Loved By You - The Clovers - Atlantic 1955 17. Devil Or Angel - The Clovers - Atlantic 1956 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another commendable tribute to another R&B great Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4500
Make sure you tune in to this week's Memory Lane Show for a variety of tasty r&b, doo wop, pop and rock'n'roll. Along the way, host Lane Quigley will tell the backstories behind the music, and will share more world-famous Memory Lane Show Sound Bites. Get ready to fock with these hot sides:
1. Darling Honey Angel Child - Earl King 1960 2. Money Honey - Clyde McPhatter & The Drifters 1953 SOUND BITES 3. Pizza Pie - Norman Fox & The Rob Roys 1959 4. That Boy Is Messing Up My Mind - The Raindrops 1963 5. I Donâ€™t Care If The Sun Donâ€™t Shine - Elvis Presley 1955 SOUND BITE 6. Pleading For Your Love - The Four Dots 1956 7. Old Time Love - The Rivingtons 1962 8. Flip Top Box - Chuck Higgins 1957 SOUND BITE 9. I Found a Love - The Falcons 1962 10. Everything's Gonna Be Alright Tonight - King Perry 1950 11. Hung On You - The Righteous Brothers 1965 SOUND BITES 12. Gum Drop - Otis Williams & His Charms 1955 13. Come Softly To Me - Richard Barrett & The Chantels 1959 14. Heebie Jeebies - Little Richard 1956 SOUND BITE 15. Johnny's House Party - Earl Palmer 1957 16. Whaddya Want? - The Robins 1955 SOUND BITE 17. While I Dream - The Tokens 1956 18. Smile - Timi Yuro 1961 19. It'll Never Be Over For Me - Thee Midniters 1966 SOUND BITE 20. I Need Someone - Lenny Welch 1960
Thanks Lane for another great show of Top 40 Radio! This is Lane's 498th show as we make our way to the big milestone of 500 shows for Rock-it Radio!
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4501 - ELVIS IDOL '66
Last year "Back In Time" presents ELVIS IDOL '65 with Elvis sound-a-likes...on stage....trying there best to sound like The King. Well, Bobby Rydell returned in '66 as a judge along with 2 new judges..Linda Scott and Ral Donner. Here the unknown singers do their best to win the coveted crown of ELVIS IDOL '66. With performances by ELVIS, JOHNNY HALLYDAY, LINDA SCOTT, ROY HAMILTON and RAL DONNER. Join us for this once a year event!
1) ROBBIN' THE CRADLE - TONY BELLUS 2) NO REASON - THE RE-CALLS*** 3) YOU CAN HAVE HER - ROY HAMILTON 4) MY WOMAN - BURRY MANSO*** 5) MEAN WOMAN BLUES - JERRY DYKE*** 6) IT WILL BE ME - RICK BOUNTY*** 7) SHE'S A SQUARE - RAY ST. GERMAINE*** 8) PUT MY MIND AT EASE - JERRY LANDO*** 9) BLUE FIRE - DON ELLIS*** 10) SHAKE THE HAND OF A FOOL - JOHNNY HALLYDAY (A very popular singer in France) 11) I DON'T CARE IF THE SUN DONT SHINE - ROGER LaRUE*** 12) FIRST STAGE OF THE BLUES - JOHNNY FULLER*** 13) I DREAMED I WAS ELVIS - SONNY COLE*** (Only Part of it) 14) GONNA HAVE A PARTY - GLEN STARKS*** 15) PEPPER HOT BABY - PHIL GREY*** 16) SHE'S EVERYTHING - RAL DONNER 17) THIS LITTLE HEART - DENNIS SMITH*** 18) I TOLD EVERY LITTLE STAR - LINDA SCOTT 19) BUTTER CUP - BILL DEVROE*** 20) HEARTBREAK HOTEL - BUDDY LOVE 21) LOVE LETTERS - ELVIS PRESLEY 22) NIGHT RIDER - ELVIS PRESLEY 23) And The Winner Is!!!!!!!!?????
(Tune-in to the ROCK-IT and find out!!!!!!)
(***Elvis Idol Candidates)
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKING WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4502
From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs with entries from the USA, Canada and ..... 9 European songs from Norway, the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland and Italy. So put on your rock `n roll shoes and have a lot of fun!
1. Eeny meeny miny moe - Bob & Lucille - 1959 2. It's all your fault - Farris Wilder - 1957 3. I'm keeping you - Jimmy Bowen & the Rhythm Orchids - 1958 4. I'm gonna sit right down and cry - Les Vote - 1960 5. She was dynamite - Jack Jersey - 1977 6. Rock your little baby to sleep - Buddy Knox & the Rhythm Orchids - 1957 7. Truly yours - Glenn Mann - 1961 8. Willem, wordt wakker - The Butterflies - 1958 9. Skifflebilly bop - The Lennerockers - 1991 10. Say you'll marry me - Chris Montez - 1963 11. Such a night - Ricky Gordon - 1974 12. I need your love tonight - Elvis Presley - 1958 13. I need your love tonight - Di Maggio Brothers - 2000 14. The wayward wind - Carl Mann - 1960 15. Wild desire - Gordon Terry - 1961 16. You got what I like - Beetle Crushers - 2004 17. I'm Henry the eighth I am - Joe Brown & the Bruvvers - 1961 18. Ain't that loving you baby - Hayden Thompson - 1990 19. More and more (I love you) - Tooter Boatman & the Chapparals - 1958 20. Cradle of love - Johnny Preston - 1960 21. Plain Jane - Eddie Hickey - 1960 22. Stoned in love with you - The Teen Cats - 1987 23. Fourty days - Ronnie Hawkins & the Hawks - 1959 24. Lili Marleen - The Rollers - 1962
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4503
From across the pond just in Harrow, UK it's Jackie Bond and the Let the Good times roll show. All sorts of favorites are played here and to tune in just click to show #4503 in our program website of Rock-it Radio. Here is the playlist of the show.
1. Jack The Cat - Jackie Lee Cochrane(Intro) 2. Dimes For Nickels - JD McPherson 3. My Girl - Bob and The Bearcats 4. Comin On Strong - The Firebirds 5. If I Ain't Rockin - Whirlwind 6. Be-Bop Boogie Boy - Gene Vincent 7. No No Baby - Al Ferrier with The Boppin Billies 8. Rockin Country Cat - Ronnie Dawson 9. Just Because - The Collins Kids 10. Rockabilly Baby - The Jets 11. Bip Bop Baby - Mario Bradley Soundbite 12. Bop Bop Ba Doo Bop - Lew Williams 13. Track Down Baby - Tom James 14. Tonight I'm Gonna Play For You - Rip Masters 15. Let's Get it On - Hershel Almond 16. Kissin Bug Boogie - Tennessee Ernie Ford 17. Don't Say You Don't Love Me - Whirlwind 18. Bop Diddlie In The Jungle - Tommy King 19. Purr Kitty Purr - Sid King and The Five Strings 20. Strolling Back To You - Arsen Roulette 21. Rockin My Life Away - Linda Gail Lewis 22. Make That Move - Rockats 23. Billy Ruffians - Blue Cats 24. Cadillac Walk - Mink DeVille 25. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Thanks Jackie for another Rockin' show on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Jackie with any requests, comments or would just like to say hello. You can reach him online at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4504
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4504.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton! Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO ARCHIVES TO GO INTO STORAGE BY MID APRIL. DEADLINE EXTENDED
As Rock-it Radio makes it's move to Idaho - If you wish to order any archived shows going back to show #001 of Rock-it Radio. We surely appreciate it but want to give you plenty of notice that on the end of March all of our archived shows will go into storage until we make our move. So, we have extended the archived shows unitl April 15th and then won't be available until we make it to Idaho. If you wish to order one of our Rock-it Radio shows - just go to our webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Note: The Launching Pad will remain open (where we sell vintage radio shows from the 50s thru the 70s) will remain open - until we actually begin the move and the last thing to go out of the studio.
MARCH MADNESS SALE -- WE ARE OVERSTOCKED!!!
Rock-it Radio is moving and we are overstocked, with our Vintage Radio
shows - of the 50s thru the 70s. So, if you place a order with us in
the month of March while supplies last we will be including a bonus CD
of either another vintage radio broadcast that we have overstocked here,
or possibly a Rock-it Radio show from the past.
We hope that you enjoy our little bonus and you can order from our main webpage
She stated that she will also be leaving facebook to
focus on her education. We wish nothing but good luck
to Princess in her future endeavors!
PROGRAM DIRECTOR LANE QUIGLEY LOOKING FOR A RARE RELEASE ON FLIP RECORDS.
Lane Quigley is looking for a very special release and we are calling on our Rock-it Radio Listeners that hopefully will be able to help him. Lane writes the following message.
I am looking for the following record from 1958. The performer recently passed away, and he did not have a copy in his collection. A mutual friend has asked me if I could try and find a copy. A copy of the 45 would be preferred, but an mp3 would be welcome.
The Song is by -- Robin Paul: Please Wait For Me b/w Your Cold Cold Heart (Flip Records #341).
week: Another video of Fats Domino from 1957 Perry Como Show
featuring Fats Domino. And this is indeed a slice of 1950s television --
even including an S&H Green Stamps commercial! Fats performs the
songs "It's You I Love" and "I'm Walkin' " as well as participating in
some skits. The closing segment also features singer Jo Stafford and comedian Jackie Miles joining in.
And check out the 100s of vintage music videos we have listed in our Video webpage at:
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from March 19, 2013 to March 24, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Conny Thunland -- Ystad, Sweden Linda Bendfeldt -- Niantia, Connecticut USA Ed Smyth -- Bethel, Alaska USA Kevin Goodson -- Bradford, United Kingdom Alan Kruse -- Green Valley, Arizona USA David Torres -- California, USA Matt Whatley -- Reading, United Kingdom Emmy John -- ?? Louise Wejhem -- Vallingby, Sweden Ron Munger -- Freeland, Michigan USA Andrew Lambe -- Toronto, Ontario Canada Roy Luksch -- NewPort Richey, Florida USA
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 11 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,706 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 3/25/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 2. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1974 3. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) - WLAC Nashville 1967 4. RIR #617 -- Arch Yancey - KNUZ Houston, Texas 6/14/1965 5. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 6. RIR #629 -- Charlie Van Dyke -- CKLW Windsor (Detroit) 4/28/1969 7. RIR #514 -- John R - WLAC Nashville April 1969 8. RIR #207 -- Chuck Leonard WABC New York 11/26/1968 9. RIR #467 -- Dr. Don Rose - WQXI - Atlanta 2/28/1967 10. RIR #565 -- Joe Ford - KNUZ Houston 7/7/1966
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Indonesia +16 !!!! 5. Germany -1 6. France -1 7. Mexico +0 8. Philippines -2 9. Italy -1 10. Netherlands -1 11. Australia -1 12. Japan -1 13. Brazil -1 14. Argentina +0 15. Sweden -2 16. Spain +0 17. Russia -1 18. Switzerland +0 19. Finland -2 20. Norway -1 21. China +0 22. Belgium +0 23. Austria +1 24. South Africa -1 25. New Zealand +0 26. Serbia +9 27. Romania +4 28. Colombia +1 29. Peru +3 30. Saudi Arabia +0 31. Thailand +6 32. India -4 33. Hungary +1 34. Czech Republic -8 35. United Arab Emirates +1 36. Ireland -9 37. Poland -4 38. Israel +1 39. Denmark -1 40. Morocco +4 41. Greece -1 42. Portugal +3 43. Ukraine -1 44. Chile +2 45. Qatar +2 46. Turkey -5 47. Singapore +3 48. Malaysia -8 49. Slovakia +0 50. South Korea +8
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. Illinois +0 7. Ohio +0 8. New Jersey +0 9. Indiana +0 10. Virginia +1 11. Washington -1 12. Maryland +2 13. Michigan -1 14. North Carolina +1 15. Oregon +2 16. Massachusetts -5 17. Missouri -1 18. Georgia +1 19. Arizona -1 20. Colorado +0 21. Wisconsin +0 22. Connecticut +1 23. Tennessee -1 24. Kentucky +0 25. Iowa +5 26. Alabama +0 27. South Carolina +0 28. West Virginia -3 29. Minnesota -1 30. Rhode Island +1 31. Kansas +1 32. Nevada -2 33. Louisiana +4 34. Utah -1 35. Nebraska -1 36. Delaware +0 37. Oklahoma -2 38. District of Columbia +6 39. Idaho -1 40. Arkansas +2 41. New Hampshire -1 42. Mississippi -2 43. New Mexico +0 44. Maine +0 45. South Dakota +0 46. Montana +4 47. Hawaii +0 48. Alaska +0 49. Wyoming -3 50. Vermont -4 51. North Dakota -2
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!