As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4550 to #4560 is releaseed
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
As I am typing our newsletter I just got word that our internet server is currently down for routine maintenance but should be back online on Wednesday at 6 a.m. Eastern Time. Well the dismantling of the studio took quite a bit longer then planned. As we actually winding up gutting the whole house. and a 3 day project turned into 10. We are currently living in the living room with a air mattress and a door and 2 card tables for the studio. We have a pending offer on the Ventura property and at the end of the month we will be Idaho bound. So, there will be a bit of a delay between shows at the end of May and the first week or so of June. As we build our new studio. In the mean time we do have 11 shows here in our archives since our latest newsletter and thank you all for your patience.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
The deadline to order a Rock-it Radio Show is April 27th. As much of the studio will be dismantled at the Ventura California Station on April 29th. And will resume Sales of past Rock-it Radio shows on a projected date of June 10th, 2013. In our new studio in Post Falls, Idaho.
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4560 From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 1 - GEORGIA PART 1"
Spinning Rock Boogie is back with a new series on the Movin' 'n' Groovin' show where I look at the different States of America and the record labels and artists from that particular State. Starting off this new series is......"Georgia", with labels from the towns and cities of, Atlanta, Athens, Le Grange, Augusta, Macon, Cornelia, Thomasville, East Point, Gainsville, Cartersville, Tifton, Louisville, and Columbus. So climb aboard the Rocket, sit back, buckle up, and take a trip with me to the Georgia State for some rip-roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's & 1960's.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Verbena (instrumental) - Lanier Smith (61) Val-Hill - La Grange 03. Rock And Roll Country Boy - Curley Millikin & The Sundowners (59) Talos - Augusta 04. Sharin' Lockers - Jimmy Waller & The Planets (58) Nu-Clear - Columbus 05. Run Fool Run - Bobby Lee (62) Confederate - Macon 06. Shimmy Shake - Billy Land (59) Esco - Atlanta 07. Sweet Skinny Jenny - Paul Peek (58) NRC - Atlanta 08. I Ain't Gonna Tell - Joe Moon & The Stars Of Note (60) Hillcrest - Cornelia 09. Lonesome - Danny Mote & The Gents (61) Opal - Atlanta 10. Teenage Blues - The Quarter Notes (57) Fox - Atlanta 11. The Stranger Dressed In Black - Pat Kelly (59) Chic - Thomasville 12. Funny Feeling - Wayne Cochran (62) Galico - Macon 13. Sheila - Tommy Roe & The Satins (60) Judd - Atlanta 14. Somebody's Been Rockin' My Baby - Rod Willis (59) Chic - Thomasville 15. Moonshine Still - Jack Holt (63) Chuck Garner - East Point 16. Slim Jim - Betty Logan (early 60's) Fairlane - Atlanta 17. Come Back And Love Me - Judy Tolbert (57) Stars - Atlanta 18. Harry Will You Marry Me - The Melody Maids (58) Lanier - Gainsville 19. It May Be My Fortune - Randy Hard & The Hi-Lites (58) NRC - Atlanta 20. Let Us Pretend - Connie & The Cones (59) NRC - Atlanta 21. Teardrops On A Letter - Don Carroll (59) NRC - Atlanta 22. I See The Image Of You - Connie & The Cones (59) NRC - Atlanta 23. Hang Loose - Weyman Parham (58) Staro - Athens 24. You Lied To Me Honey - Junior Gravley & The Rock-A-Tones (59) Vel-A-Tone - Cartersville 25. The T Bird - Phil Cay & The Chantels (63) Tifco - Tifton 26. Brother-In-Law - Paul Peek (62) Fairlane - Atlanta 27. Flirty Gertie - Dean Stevens & The Jiv-A-Tones (57) Fox - Atlanta 28. Juke Box - Joe South (61) Fairlane - Atlanta 29. Green Front Boogie (instrumental) - The Del-Tones (59) Peach - Louisville 30. Gonna Rock - Curley Money (57) Rambler - Columbus 31. Outro - Medley
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY SHOW FROM THE NETHERLANDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4551
From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs. Not only from the USA but we also have 7 European entries from the UK, Finland, the Netherlands and Belgium. Besides English we have songs in the Dutch and Finnish language. So put on your rock `n roll shoes and have a lot of fun!
1. Marijke - Peter & zijn Rockets - 1960 2. Guitar rock - Bill Flagg - 1956 3. Half a chance - Barbara Burnette - 2001 4. Kathy Spanish - Chris Rainier with the "Elrods" - 1961 5. Oh Carol - The Blue Diamonds - 1959 6. Love is my business - Cliff Gleaves - 1957 7. Teen town hop - Eddie McKinney & the Belvederes - 1959 8. Deborah - Dave Edmunds - 1978 9. I need some loving - Dave Walker - 10. Black slacks - Joe Bennett & the Sparkletones - 1957 11. 99 Chicks - Ron Haydock & the Boppers - 1959 12. I'm gonna love you too - Buddy Holly - 1957 13. I'm gonna love you too - Blondie - 1978 14. Tribute to Buddy Holly - Mike Berry - 1961 15. I got to get to you yet - Gene Vincent - 1959 16. Guilty consience - Rusti Steel & the Tin Tax - 1996 17. Everybody's looking - Cobra Brothers - 1959 18. How low can you feel - Ray Campi - 1974 19. Tiger - Fabian - 1959 20. Tule - The King Drapes - 2000 21. Poor unlucky me - Kris Jensen - 1963 22. Lange Marie - De Marlets - 198x 23. Love me like crazy - Doc Starkes & his Niteriders - 1958 24. Searching for love - Bruce Gist & the Invaders - 1960 25. Brake Jake - Mike Fern - 1959 26. All Rhet - Rhet Stoller - 1960
Thanks Jack and another nice thing about your shows is that people from this side of the pond get to hear a new set of oldies that were not available here in the States. If you would like to write to Jack with requests or comments or would just like to say hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND & THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY WITH A FEATURE ON LAURA LEE PERKINS IN SHOW #4552
From the land of wonder and the land down under Trevor Hyland is back this week with a special feature on Rockabilly 50s Dynamo - Laura Lee Perkins.
Also this week Featuring Gene Vincent's 9th recording session for Capitol , session number 4590 at Owen Bradley's Studio in Nashville. Laura Lee Perkins the female Jerry Lee Lewis tells of her time at Imperial Records and her return to the recording studios in 2006. Enjoy the fabulous music and stories from this bundle of joy.
01. Gonna Rock My Baby - Laura Lee Perkins 02. Laura Lee Perkins interview Pt. 1 Early Life 02. Remember Me ( I'm The One That Loves You ) - Laura Lee Perkins 03. Laura Lee Perkins interview Pt. 2 First time on tape. 04. Hound Dog 05. My Babe 06. Laura Lee Perkins interview Pt. 3 Name change. 07. Come On Baby 08. Laura Lee Perkins interview Pt. 4 First release. 09. I Just Don't Like This Kind Of Living 10. Kiss Me Baby 11. Laura Lee Perkins interview Pt. 5. Second release. 12. Don't Wait Up 13. Oh La Baby 14. Laura Lee Perkins interview Pt. 6 The Tartans / marriage to Neil 15. You Don't Know 16. Laura Lee Perkins interview Pt. 7 I'm Back And Here We Go . CD 17. Everybody Rock & Roll 18. Johnny B Goode 19. Jambalaya
Gene Vincent Sessions 20. Important Words ( 56' ) - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 21. You Better Believe 22. Red Blue Jeans & A Ponytail 23. Five Days, Five Days
High School Rock & Roll 24. High School U.S.A. ( Florida ) - Tommy Facenda 25. Aussie add - Enjoy Life , Have Your Eyes Checked 26. Aussie add - Fix Quill Pens
The Blue Caps 27. I Got A Baby - The Blue Caps ( Wales 1982 ) 28. Blue Cap Man - The Blue Caps ( Wales 1982 )
Rydell's Records 29. Rock & Roll Fever - Chris Almoada 30. Sally Ann 31. Rock Crazy Baby 32. Aussie add - Frigidaire refrigerators
Aussie Rockabilly 33. Bop Tonight - Satellites 34. Buddy Can You Spare A Time - Satellites
If you have any comments or g'days or just a friendly hello for Trevor. You can contact him at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4553 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Shirley-The Rainbows (1956) 3. Merry-Go-Round-The Estelles (1959) 4. The Lone Stranger-The Majestics (xxxx) 5. In My Heart-The Timetones (1961) 6. Did It-The Laddins (1958 or '57) 7. I've Got a Feeling-The Timetones (1961) 8. Geraldine-The El Venos (1956) 9. Dorothy-The Hi-Fives (1958) 10. Purple Haze-Godfrey Daniels (1972)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. Ain't Got No Home-Clarence "Frogman" Henry (1956) 12. Peter, Peter (Pumpkin Eater)-The Royal Kings (1961)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Crying for You-The Centuries (xxxx) 14. Tomorrow-The Decoys (1964) 15 Why Be a Fool?-The Nobles (xxxx) 16. The Chimes-The Shades (xxxx)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Feelin' No Pain-The Del-Satins (1963) 18. Maggie Does't Work Here Anymore-The Platters (1954) 19. Ookey Ook-The Penguins (1955) 20. Kathleen-The Adelphis (1958)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. Why Must We Go to School?-The Nutmegs (1955) 22. Baby, I Need You-The El Dorados (1954) 23. Please Be My Love Tonight-The Charades (xxxx) 24. Wear My Ring-The Creators (1957) 25. Night Time-Pete Antell & group (1962) 26. Newly Weds-The Orchids (1955)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amatuer doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: email@example.com
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4554
This week on Rock-it Radio Mel looks at the answer songs to the hits - those fun little spin offs and answer recordings to hits of yesteryear.
The Follow-Up Releases to the HIts (1950 to 1963) From 78 to 45, Here are the songs in the shadows.
1) TRIANGLE - THE RAYS ('57) (Silhouettes) 2) I WON'T BE THE FOOL ANYMORE - THE HEARTBEATS (1956) (A Thousand Miles Away) 3) LOVE WILL MAKE YOUR MIND GO WILD - THE PENGUINS (1954) (Earth Angel) 4) ZIPPITY ZUM (I'm in Love) - THE CHORDS (1954) (Sh-Boom) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (1950 to 1954) A Selection per year 5) HOT ROD RACE #2 - ARKIE SHIBLEY (1950) 6) MY REAL GONE ROCKET - JACKIE BRENSTON...(1951) (Rocket 88) 7) WHAT'S THE MATTER NOW - LLOYD PRICE (1952) (Not Correct Follow-Up to "Lawdy Miss Clawdy") My research brought up this song. 8) CALL THE DOCTOR - THE CROWS (1953) (Gee) 9) LET'S MAKE UP - THE SPANIELS (1954) (Goodnight, Sweetheart...) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 10) I'LL BE FOREVER LOVING YOU - THE EL DORADOS (1955) (At My Front Door) 11) DO YOU LOVE ME? - THE WILLOWS (1956) (Church Bells May Ring) 12) COOL BABY - CHARLIE GRACIE (1957) (Fabulous) 13) HEADING TO THE POOR HOUSE - THE SILHOUETTES ('58) (Get A Job) 14) LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW - THE MONO TONES ('58) (Book of Love) 15) BIG NAME BUTTON - THE ROYAL TEENS (1958) (Short Shorts) 16) MY VOW TO YOU - THE STUDENTS ('59) (i'm So Young) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 17) THE AGE OF LOVE - JIMMY CHARLES (1960) (A Million To One) 18) CALIFORNIA SUN - JOE JONES (1961) (You Talk Too Much) 19) MAGIC WARD - DON & JUAN (1962) (What's Your Name) 20) BW'A NINA (Pretty Girl) - THE TOKENS (1962) (Lion Sleeps Tonight) 21) TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY - DORIS TROY (1963) (Just One Look) 22) LIKE THE BIG GUYS DO - THE ROCKY FELLERS (1963) (Killer Joe)
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE TO FATS DOMINO Pt. 1 ON SHOW #4555
Fats Domino Pt. 1 (1950-53)
The "Juke In The Back" is proud to feature Fats Domino, one of the most influential and popular recording stars of both Rhythm & Blues and Rock n' Roll music. Fats' streak of hit records was nearly unbroken from 1950-1963 and he did it without changing his core sound. He just kept on playin' the New Orleans boogie woogie music that he grew up with. Antoine "Fats" Domino Jr. got his first recording contract in early December of 1949 as bandleader Dave Bartholomew introduced him to Lew Chudd, the head of LA's Imperial Records. Within days, they were in Cosimo Matassa's famous J&M studios cutting Fats' first record, "The Fat Man," which sold over one million copies and made him a star. In part one of this two part series, Matt The Cat will spin the A and B sides of EVERY Fats Domino R&B charting single from 1950 to 1953. Part 2 will pick it up and spin the charting singles up through Domino's big Pop crossover success with "Ain't It A Shame" in 1955. We're diggin' on the R&B roots of Fats Domino, this week on the "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. The Fat Man - Fats Domino - Imperial 1950 3. Detroit City Blues - Fats Domino - Imperial 1950 4. Every Night About This Time - Fats Domino - Imperial 1950 5. Korea Blues - Fats Domino - Imperial 1950 6. Careless Love - Fats Domino - Imperial 1951 7. Rockin' Chair - Fats Domino - Imperial 1951 8. Going Home - Fats Domino - Imperial 1952 9. Reeling And Rocking - Fats Domino - Imperial 1952 10. Poor Poor Me - Fats Domino - Imperial 1952 11. Trust In Me - Fats Domino - Imperial 1952 12. How Long - Fats Domino - Imperial 1952 13. GREAT 78 - Dreaming - Fats Domino - Imperial 1952 14. Going To The River - Fats Domino - Imperial 1953 15. Mardi Gras In New Orleans - Fats Domino - Imperial 1953 16. Please Don't Leave Me - Fats Domino - Imperial 1953 17. The Girl I Love - Fats Domino - Imperial 1953 *18. Don't Lie To Me - Fats Domino - Imperial 1951 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another commendable tribute to another great Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH WITH A FORGOTTEN R&B LEGEND MR. JOE 'GOOGLE EYES' AUGUST ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4556
This show features some of the most famous and least famous Blues and R&B Shouters of the 1940s and 1950s. Included in the show is a feature on New Orleans Blues shouter Joe 'Mr. Google Eyes' August, an artist who predates New Orleans artists such as Fats Domino but whose importance in the early development of New Orleans R&B has been completely overlooked by music historians. This show attempts to rectify this fact.
The play list is as follows:
1. No Wine-No Women-Joe August 1946 2. Bite Again, Bite Again-Wynonie Harris 1947 3. Lucille-Big Joe Turner 1941 4. Poppa Stopp's Be Bop Blues- Joe August 1946 5. Dreaming Blues-Roy Brown 1950 6. I Wanna Hug Ya, Kiss Ya, Squeeze Ya-Bullmoose Jackson 1955 7. Rock My Soul-Joe August 1946 8. Oh Ho Doodle Lu-Joe August 1956 9. Lead Us On-Joe August 1956 10. Oh What A Fool-Joe August 1953 11. Kidney Stew Blues-Eddie 'Cleanhead' Vinson 1947 12. For You My Love-Joe August 1948 13. Life Can Be A Hard Road To Travel- Joe August 1949 14. Rock Little Baby-Cecil Gant 1951 15. Crying For You-Joe August 1949 16. Gonna Hoot And Holler Saturday Night-Eddie Mack 1950 17. Play The Game-Joe August 1953 18. Moneyâ€™s Getting Cheaper-Jimmy Witherspoon 1948 19. Strange Things Happen In The Dark-Joe August 1957? 20 Everything Happens At Night-Joe August 1965 21. Don't Be Angry-Nappy Brown 1955 22. The Train Kept A Rollin'-Tiny Bradshaw 1951
great series on the Blues shouters Al! and we look forward to hearing
them. If you have any requests or comments for The Cool Daddy up there
in Studio C. You can e mail him at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4557
The Rockin' Daddy O's Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party is back this week with more doo wop of the 50s and early 60s + More! With the high energy delivery that only Daddy O can bring! Here is the playlist of this week's show.
1. People Will Say We're In Love-Spaniels 2. Zoop-Charts 3. Mexico-Rocketones 4. Say Yeah-Tony Middleton & Willows 5. Cool Shake-Del Vikings 6. Drive-In Movie-Academics 7. (My) Hi-Fi Baby-Castaleers 8. I'll Be Forever Loving Uou-Eldorados 9. Come Back baby-Lyrics 10. Please Be My Guy-Cleo & Crystalaires 11. I Found My Love-Tiny Tip & Tip Tops 12. Doll Baby-Tiny Tim & Hits 13. Them There Eyes-Lewis Lymon & Teenchords 14. Letâ€™s Fall In love-Fi-Tones Quintette 15. Submarine Race Watching-Visuals 16. Thatâ€™s My Girl-De Jan & Elgins 17. Your Love-Duke Savage & Arribins 18. When You Kiss Me-Upfronts 19. Every Night-Lyrics 20. Just My Baby And Me-Redondos 21. The Girl With The Wind In Her Hair-Jive Five 22. Gwendolyn-Majestics 23. Love That Girl-Cellos 24. Iâ€™m Falling In Love-Jesters
Thank you Daddy O for another great set of Doo Wops in the Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party show. Next week we will be airing his Rockabilly show. In the mean time if you would like to write to Daddy O you can by e mailing him at: Daddyo@rockitradio.net
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4558
Dave is back this week with another great set of rarities you just don't hear on terrestrial radio anymore. And rarely when it was new! See if any of these songs might jar a happy memory or two!
1. Yep - Duane Eddy 2. Dirty Water - Standells 3. I've Never Seen Love Like This - Orpheus 4. I Need You - Geers 5. Sunny Day Blue - Fargo 6. Baby Baby - Jack Scott 7. Check Yourself - Gene Chandler 8. My Baby's Coming Home - Harry Jaynes 9. Every Little Bit Hurts _ Bobby Rydell 10. Where Were You - Brenda Holloway 11. Looky Looky _ Kittens 12. Back Track - Lou Christie 13. Out and About - Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart 14. Don't Change Your Mind - Choir 15. Epistle to Dippy _ Donovan 16. It's Too Late Baby - Emergency Exit 17. Desiree - Left Banke 18. Question of Temperature - Balloon Farm 19. No Baby No _ Pat Lewis (Discovery of the Week) 20. Midnight At Moscow - Kenny Ball & Jazzmen
If you would like to welcome Dave or say hello or a future request on his show you can reach him at his Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4559
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4559.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4560
From across the mighty North Atlantic and his studios in the United Kingdom -- Jackie Bond spins some of the rockinest retro 50s Rockabilly and Rock and Roll in this show. Tune in in our program webpage to find out! Here is what you will hear!
1. Rock and Roll Rhythm - Micky Hawks 2. Three Alley Cats - Roy Hall Soundbite 3. Love Crazy Baby - Kenny Parchman 4. Let's Flat Get It - Danny Wolfe 5. Rockin' Daddy - Eddie Bond Soundbite 6. Nervous Breakdown - Eddie Cochran 7. Rock n Roll Ruby - Warren Smith Soundbite 8. Flying Saucers Rock n Roll - Billy Lee Riley Soundbite 9. Drugstore Rock n Roll - Janis Martin 10. Boppin' The Blues - Carl Perkins 11. Baby Take Me Back - Roc Larue Soundbite 12. My Baby Left Me - Elvis Presley 13. Bottle To The Baby - Charlie Feathers 14. Big River - Johnny Cash 15. Sunglasses After Dark - Dwight pullen 16. Cast iron Arm - Peanuts Wilson 17. Carry On - Jimmy C Newman 18. Look Out Mabel - GL.Crockett 19. I Wanna Bop - Billy Harlan 20. The Joints Really Jumpin' - Jimmy Evans 22. Every Little Girl - Dale Hawkins Soundbite 23. Who Slapped John - Gene Vincent 24. Watch Dog - Al Terry 25. When I Found You - Jerry Reed 26. Good Night My Love - jesse Belvin
Another true Rocker Jackie! If you would like to write to Jackie with requests, comments, hellos, good awesome job etc. you can reach him at: Jackiebond@rockitradio.net
ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD WILL REMAIN OPEN DURING
MOVE TO SUPPORT ROCK-IT RADIO.
As we are dismantling Studio A here in Ventura, California
to our new location in Post Falls, Idaho. The Entire month
of May the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad will remain open as
we are keeping all the masters here until we move up there.
So, during the entire month of May we will still be able to
fill your orders of vintage radio broadcasts we offer at:
Archived Rock-it Radio shows are not available any longer until
we move up North on June 2nd. As they are being shipped this
weekend along with Rock-it Radio T Shirts. We will be offering
them of course as soon as we unpack and ready to provide shows
Our regular programming and shows will resume on June 1st.
In the mean time we are busy dismantling and finding all sorts
of lost treasures on the move up.
PROPOSED BROADCAST SCHEDULE FOR ROCK-IT RADIO
DURING MOVE TO IDAHO.
The move date is drawing nearer to the relocation to Idaho
for Rock-it Radio. We are excited for a new chapter for the
Rock-it and have plans for a wonderful new studio.
Our last broadcasts from Ventura, California will probably be
around the 25th of May. During that time we will be trying to
put on as many shows as possible. After that date we will not
have a newsletter out or any new shows uploaded until a temporary
studio is constructed in Idaho, probably on or before June 10th
if all goes well. We will also be unable to fill orders from the
Rock-it Radio store after the 25th until the 10th of June. Hopefully!
sooner though. And your orders will be filled!
Any questions we will still be available via I phone and our e mail
address at: email@example.com during this time.
WELCOME NEW STATION ENGINEER FOR ROCK-IT RADIO - IDAHO. We are in hopes of building the dream studio in Idaho and will be applying for a Low Power FM Station as well. As the FM dial has much more vacancy up there, compared to competing with the Los Angeles filled up band down here. Our nephew Steve Armstrong is a electrical engineer whiz and will be assisting us in the new studio construction. We greatly look forward to working with him! And a big welcome to him to the Rock-it Radio family!
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
This week: Sorry due to time restraints and a temporary studio here we are unable to bring you a video of the week -- but we still have 100s archived in our Video webpage :) And check out the 100s of vintage music videos we have listed in our Video webpage at:
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from April 28, 2013 to May 15, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Colin Wilson -- Hull, United Kingdom Gordon Lowe -- Bath, United Kingdom John Carvale -- Rialto, California USA Vincent Fadale -- Kailua, Hawaii USA Richard Loder -- Manchester, United Kingdom Rod Robinson -- Toronto, Ontario Canada Michael Behr -- Fairhope, Alabama USA W.M. Kuske -- Brookfield, Wisconsin USA Greg Tierney -- Cincinatti, Ohio USA L. Shelton -- ?? George Laurencalle -- Laconia, New Hampshire, USA
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 11 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,753 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 4/27/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 2. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) - WLAC Nashville 1967 3. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1974 6. RIR #142 -- Mad Daddy Pete Myers - WHK Cleveland 6/25/1959 7. RIR #514 -- John R - WLAC Nashville April 1969 8. RIR #516 -- Dick Biondi - WCFL Chicago Premiere show 10/3/1967 9. RIR #141 -- Mad Daddy Pete Myers - WJW Cleveland 6/25/1959 10. RIR #629 -- Charlie Van Dyke -- CKLW Windsor (Detroit) 4/28/1969
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +1 5. France +1 6. Italy +1 7. Australia +2 8. Netherlands +0 9. Mexico +2 10. Philippines +0 11. Brazil +2 12. Argentina +6 13. Japan -1 14. Indonesia -10 15. Sweden -1 16. Spain -1 17. Switzerland -1 18. Russia -1 19. Finland +1 20. China -1 21. Belgium +5 22. Greece -1 23. Saudi Arabia +0 24. Poland +0 25. Austria -3 26. New Zealand +1 27. Israel +5 28. Serbia -2 29. Thailand -1 30. India +1 31. Ireland -2 32. Czech Republic +3 33. Peru +3 34. Morocco -2 35. Norway +9 36. Denmark +2 37. Colombia +9 38. South Africa +1 39. Hungary -7 40. Turkey +8 41. Malaysia +9 42. Portugal -2 43. Romania -11 44. Chile -9 45. Singapore -3 46. United Arab Emirates -14 47. Croatia -2 48. Ukraine +1 49. Hong Kong -5 50. Lithuania -3
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +1 4. New York -1 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +0 7. Illinois +0 8. New Jersey +1 9. Maryland -1 10. Ohio +0 11. Virginia +1 12. Michigan -1 13. Indiana +2 14. Massachusetts -1 15. North Carolina -1 16. Georgia +0 17. Colorado +2 18. Missouri -1 19. Tennessee +2 20. Oregon -2 21. Arizona -2 22. Connecticut +1 23. Wisconsin -1 24. West Virginia +1 25. Kentucky -1 26. Louisiana +0 27. Kansas +7 28. South Carolina +1 29. Iowa -2 30. Minnesota +0 31. Alabama -2 32. Delaware +1 33. Nevada -1 34. District of Columbia -3 35. Oklahoma +0 36. New Mexico +2 37. Arkansas +0 38. Mississippi +2 39. Wyoming +2 40. New Hampshire +2 41. Rhode Island -3 42. Utah -6 43. Nebraska +0 44. Maine +0 45. Idaho +0 46. Alaska +3 47. Hawaii +1 48. Montana -2 49. North Dakota -2 50. Vermont +1 51. South Dakota -1
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!