As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter and Playlists for shows #4540 to #4549
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Well we got a total of 10 shows out this week. And tonight the start of the dismantling of the main studio here. During the dismantling we will be not adding new shows until next Wednesday. We will be working with barebones. But we have a program full of 30 shows in our archived program page so let's get started!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
The deadline to order a Rock-it Radio Show is April 27th. As much of the studio will be dismantled at the Ventura California Station on April 29th. And will resume Sales of past Rock-it Radio shows on a projected date of June 10th, 2013. In our new studio in Post Falls, Idaho.
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4540 ON ROCK-IT RADIO Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Bong Bong-Vince Castro & The Tonettes (1958) 3. Yibby-Yeh-The Caprisians (1959) 4. Jim Dandy-LaVern Baker & The Gliders (1956) 5. Rockin' in the Jungle-The Eternals (1959) 6. Rock N' Roll Cha-Cha-The Eternals (1959) 7. Come Dance With Me-The Tokens (1958) 8. I Wanna Run to You-The Tellers (1961) 9. Last Night I Dreamed-The Fiestas (1959) 10. Trudy-Lonnie & The Carollons (1959)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. Shombalor-Sheriff & The Ravels (1958) 12. theme song from "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Oo Wee Baby-The Ivy Tones (1957) 14. Diamonds and Pearls-The Paradons (1960) 15. Mary's Lamb-The Ideals (1959) 16. Come on Baby-The Five Discs (xxxx)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Daddy's Gonna Tell You No Lie-The Cosmic Rays (1960) 18. What'll You Do-The Master-Tones (1954) 19. It Had to Rain-The Catalinas (xxxx) 20. Run, Betty, Run-The Van Dykes (late 1950s)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. Oh, Starlight-The Quinns (1958) 22. Tears in my Eyes-The Tru-tones (1956) 23. I've Got You Under My Skin-The Four Seasons (1967) 24. Whispering Sorrows-The Nutmegs (1955) 25. The Gleam in Your Eye-The Channels (1956) 26. My Baby-The Swallows (1954)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amatuer doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4541
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
"BOP, BOOGIE, JIVE, STROLL & SMOOCH"
Back on the Movin' 'n' Groovin' show with more rockin' Bop, Boogie, Jive and Stroll from the 1950's & 1960's, featuring Roots Rockabilly from the mid to late 1950's, some Rockin' Gals, and some Rockin' Groups. Not forgetting my regular feature The Smooch Spot with tracks from the 1960's and one from 1959. So once again, let's climb aboard The Rock-it, sit back, buckle up and enjoy another trip of rip-roaring Rock 'n' Roll.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Mad Dog In Town - Rocky Bill Ford (56) Starday 03. Bop Man Bop - Doug Amerson (55) Intrastate 04. Love Left Over - Bill Browning (58) Island 05. Needle In A Haystack - Penny West & The Lucky Penny Trio (56) Ozark 06. Razzle Dazzle - Ella Mae Morse (55) Capitol 07. Souveniers - Barbara Evans (59) RCA-Victor 08. Down At Papa Joe's - The Dixiebelles (63) Sound Stage 09. C'Est La Vie (You Never Can Tell) - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band (94) Capitol 10. Amphetamine Annie - Canned Heat (68) Liberty 11. Don Diddley - Bobby Rio & The Revelles (63) Lenox 12. Let's Rock And Roll - The New Comers (57) Tempo 13. I'm Mad With You - Moon Mullican (56) King 14. Can't Stop Loving You - Smiley Lewis (54) Imperial 15. Du Bi A Do - The Falcons (55) Flip 16. Baby Be Good - The Glaser Brothers (58) Robbins 17. 26 Miles To Santa Catalina - The Four Preps (58) Capitol 18. No Other Girl - The Blasters (M) 19. Guitar Boogie Rock - The Pick Nicks (60) Fontana 20. Cheat On Me Baby - The Rockin' Saints (60) Decca 21. No Other Love Will Ever Do - Rosie & The Originals (62) Brunswick 22. Image Of A Girl - The Surfaris (60) Eldo 23. Tragedy - Thomas Wayne & The DeLons (59) Fernwood 24. Keep Tellin' Yourself - Marv Johnson (63) United Artists 25. Midnight (instrumental) - The Shadows (61) Columbia 26. Knock Knock Rattle - Rex Allen (58) Decca 27. Collecting Girls - Bernie Lawrence (61) United Artists 28. Weep No More My Baby - Brenda Lee (59) Decca 29. Do Dee Oodle Dee Do - Norma & Linda (58) Radio 30. Outro - Spinning Rock Boogie (instrumental) - Hank C. Burnette (76) Sonet
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW WITH THE EAST L.A. CHICANO ROCK SOUND ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4542
Lane Quigley is joined in Studio B by authors David Reyes & Tom Waldman for a fascinating look at the vibrant Los Angeles Chicano Rock 'n' Roll scene It's nearly Cinco de Mayo, which is the perfect time of the year to shine the Memory Lane Spotlight on the exciting Los Angeles Chicano music scene. On this week's Memory Lane Show, host Lane Quigley is joined in Studio B by David Reyes and Tom Waldman, co-authors of the book "Land of a Thousand Dances -- Chicano Rock n Roll from Southern California". In this fast moving two hour program, Tom and David share some fascinating stories about the music that was created in the L.A. Chicano community, as well as some of the music that influenced the bands from that region. You'll love the music and you'll be fascinated by these two great storytellers.
HOUR ONE 1. All Night Long - Joe Houston 1954 2. Pachuko Hop - Chuck Higgins 1952 3. Those Lonely Lonely Nights - Johnny Guitar Watson 1955 SOUND BITE 4. La Bamba - Ritchie Valens 1959 5. Come On Let's Go - Ritchie Valens 1958 SOUND BITE 6. Hippy Hippy Shake - Chan Romero 1959 7. Farmer John - The Premiers 1964 SOUND BITE 8. Land of a Thousand Dances - Cannibal & The Headhunters 1965 SOUND BITE 9. Whittier Blvd. - Thee Midniters 1965 SOUND BITES 10. Love Special Delivery - Thee Midniters 1966 SOUND BITE 11. Sad Girl - Thee Midniters 1965
HOUR TWO 12. Jump Jive & Harmonize - Thee Midniters 1967 13. Chicano Power - Thee Midniters 1968 14. Viva Tirado - El Chicano 1970 15. La Feria - Tierra 1971 16. Together - Tierra 1980 17. Kiko & The Lavender Moon - Los Lobos 1992 18. Mas y Mas - Los Lobos 1996 19. Walkin' Down Whittier Blvd. (Overture) 2013 20. Hector - The Village Callers 1968 21. Baby You Got It - Brenton Wood 1968 22. Angel Baby - Rosie & The Originals 1960 23. Diamonds and Pearls - The Paradons 1960
Very interesting and fun show Lane - Lots of great music! If you have a future request or comment? You can contact him at email@example.com
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH AND PART III OF THE ROCKIN' SAX OF BIG JAY MCNEELY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW # 4529
This show concludes my three part look at living R&B legend Big Jay McNeely. The show will feature recordings from the 1950's through to the 21st. century and will feature the entire album 'From Harlem to Camden' recorded in London England in 1983; the year that Big Jay made his come back after not recording for nearly 20 years!!!
The play list is as follows:
1. Harlem Nocturne Big Jay McNeely 1983 2. Camden Bounce-Big Jay McNeely 1983 3. Minnie-Big Jay McNeely 1958 w/ Little Sonny Warner 1958 4. Just Crazy-Big Jay McNeely 1952 5. Get On Up-Big Jay McNeely 1983 6. Some Kinda Boogie-Big Jay McNeely 1983 7. Just Because-Big Jay McNeely 1983 8. Night Train(Live)-Big Jay McNeely 1983 9. 3-D (Live)-Big Jay McNeely 1983 10. Deacons Blowout-Big Jay McNeely 1950 11. Jumpin' With Jay-Big Jay McNeely 1983 12. Night Train(studio recording)-Big Jay McNeely 1983 13. Jay Jay-Big Jay McNeely 1983 14. Strollin' Sax-Big Jay Mcneely 1983 15. Pembridge Court-Big Jay McNeely 1983 16. Catalina Swing-Big Jay McNeely 1983 17. Rockin' The Reeds-Big Jay McNeely 1983 18. We're Gonna Have A Party-Big Jay McNeely w/The Hollywood Combo 2004 19. Tondolayo-Big Jay McNeely 1983 20. Flying Home(truncated)-Big Jay McNeely 1957
know there is more of Big Jay coming Al and we look forward to hearing
them. If you have any requests or comments for The Cool Daddy up there
in Studio C. You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE TO CAMILLE HOWARD ON SHOW #4544
The pre-Rock n' Roll era is full of unsung performers who's style directly impacted those who came after. This week's "Juke In The Back" spotlight on Camille Howard is one such example. Her boogie woogie piano style was inventive, fluid and pure joy. It left a lasting impression on Ike Turner, Fats Domino and Professor Longhair. Howard rose to fame as the pianist for Roy Milton & His Solid Senders in the mid-1940s. Their breakthrough smash, "R.M. Blues" featured her fantastic piano style and the public took notice. Soon, Art Rupe of Specialty Records had her releasing solo records under The Camille Howard Trio while she remained with Roy Milton. Matt The Cat will dig into Howard's best work with The Solid Senders as well as her solo material up through 1956, when she left music for good. Camille Howard, along with Hadda Brooks must be remembered as pioneering instrumentalists in the developing field of Rhythm & Blues, which of course led to the birth of Rock n' Roll. Camille Howard's star shines on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. R.M. Blues - Roy Milton & His Solid Senders - Juke Box 1946 3. Camille's Boogie - Roy Milton & His Solid Senders - Specialty 1947 4. Thrill Me - Roy Milton & His Solid Senders - Specialty 1947 5. X-Temporaneous Boogie - Camille Howard Trio - Specialty 1948 6. You Don't Love Me - Camille Howard Trio - Specialty 1948 7. The Mood I'm In - Camille Howard Trio - Specialty 1949 8. Fiesta In Old Mexico - Camille Howard Trio - Specialty 1949 9. O Sole Mio Boogie - Camille Howard Trio - Specialty 1950 10. Shrinking Up Fast - Camille Howard Trio - Specialty 1950 11. That's The One For Me - Roy Milton & His Solid Senders - Specialty 1950 12. Money Blues - Camille Howard & Her Boy Friends - Specialty 1951 13. GREAT 78 - I'm Blue - Camille Howard Trio - Specialty 1950 14. Excite Me Daddy - Camille Howard - Federal 1953 15. Are You Losing Your Mind - Camille Howard - Federal 1953 16. Business Woman - Camille Howard - Vee-Jay 1956 17. Mr. Fine - Roy Milton & His Solid Senders - Miltone 1947 - Camille on lead 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another commendable tribute to another R&B label Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4545
The Rockabilly Ranch Party is back this week with more rockin' tunes of the 50s and today. With the high energy delivery that only Daddy O can bring! Here is the playlist of this week's show.
1. We Wanna Boogie-Sonny Burgess & Pacers 2. Mess About You-Santos 3. Carrot Pie Mama-Charlie Hightone & Rockits 4. Take Me From This Garden Of Evil-Jimmy Wages 5. Knock On Wood-Rivieres 6. Dance Baby (With Me)-Little Mac 7. Dance, Franny, Dance-Floyd Dakil Combo 8. Rockin' Rock and A Rollin' Stone-Tommy Cassel 9. Rock & Roll USA-The Big Rocker 10. My Gal Friday-Johnny Dollar 11. What's Buzzin' Cuzzin-Jittery Jack 12. Betty Ann-Cruisers 13. She's Mine-Roxsters 14. Get Off My Back-Jay Blue 15. She Drives Too Fast-Gene Casey & Lone Sharks 16. She's Alright-Bo Diddley 17. Get My Gun-Gizelle 18. That Jim-Mackey Beers & Rockits 19. Ooh Yeah Baby-Kip Tyler & Flips 20. Jim Dandy-Spades 21. Long Tall Sally-Barbra Greene 22. Rhythm Rock-Bobby & Rhythm Rockers 23. Marlene-Sonics 24. The Catalina Push-Catalinas 25. I Make The Love-Ronnie Dee(Ronnie Dawson)
Thank you Daddy O for another great set of Doo Wops in the Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party show. Next week we will be airing his Rockabilly show. In the mean time if you would like to write to Daddy O you can by e mailing him at: Daddyo@rockitradio.net
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4546
Dave is back this week and we do have the correct playlist this week in the newsletter :) sorry for the mixup last week folks.
1. Garbage City - Street Cleaners 2. The Kids Are Alright- Who 3. I'm Free - Wilmer & the Dukes 4. Time Is On My Side - Rolling Stones 5. Five Years Ahead of My Time - Third Bardo 6. Liar, Liar - Castaways 7. Love Ain't Enough - Buckinghams 8. Same Old Thing - Olympics 9. I Don't Want To Cry - Ronnie Dyson 10. Coincidence - Lawrence & the Arabians 11. I Think We've Met Before - Hannibal 12. Wonderful, Wonderful - Gene Chandler 13. You Mean So Much To Me - Mad Lads 14. Muscle Beach Party - Annette 15. Surf Bunny Beach - Surf Bunnies 16. Until Again My Love - Little Willie John 17. Oh My Love - Drifters 18. An Angel Up In Heaven - Del Vikings 19. Uh Huh MM - Sonny James (Discovery of the Week) 20. Boys Will Be Boys - Joe Tex 21. Pulsebeat - The Buddies
If you would like to welcome Dave or say hello or a future request on his show you can reach him at his Rock-it Radio e mail address at:
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4547 - MAMBO R&B IS LOOKED AT.
In the early days of Rock -- Mambo was actually competing and some thought Mambo would surpass the Rock and Roll Craze. Well that did not happen but Mel looks at this week the Mambo R&B sound from 1954 to 1957. Very fun and interesting and music you just won't hardly hear anywhere else! Here is the playlist.
R&B MAMBO SONGS (1953 TO 1957) (1954 - The Year of The MAMBO)
1) MAMBO SHEVITZ - THE CROWS w/Melino & His Orch. 4/54 Tico Records 2) MAMBO BABY - RUTH BROWN ('54) Atlantic 3) SKIDY WOE - NAPPY BROWN ('55) Savoy 4) I'VE GOT TO LEARN THE MAMBO - IVORY JOE HUNTER and The Ivorytones. ('54) Atlantic 5) NIGHT TRAIN MAMBO - JIMMY FORREST ('55) Dot ------------------------------------------------------------------- 6) WHO PUT THE "UGH" IN THE MAMBO - THE TRENIERS ('54) OKeh 7) MAMBO SH-MAMBO - THE CHARMS ('54) Deluxe 8) SHE WANTS TO MAMBO - THE CHANTERS 9) THE GIFT OF GABBIN' WOMAN - THE NUTMEGS (Carolina Beach Classic) 10) BLUES 'N MAMBO - CHUCK HIGGINS ------------------------------------------------------------------- 11) THEY WERE DOING THE MAMBO - JOE LIGGINS ('54) Mercury 12) GOOD MAMBO TONIGHT - WYNONIE HARRIS ('55) King 13) I GOT A FEELIN' - BIG MAYBELLE (OKeh) 14) THAT MELLOW SAXOPHONE - ROY MONTRELL & HIS ORCH. (1955) Speciality -------------------------------------------------------------------- (The HIts) 15) WHEN YOU DANCE - THE TURBANS ('55) Herald 16) TWEEDLE DEE - LaVERN BAKER & The Gliders (1954) Atlantic 17) KO KO MO - GENE & EUNICE ('55) 18) HEY SENORITA - THE PENGUINS ('54) Dootone 19) EVERYBODY'S LAUGHING - THE SPANIELS (1957) Veejay -------------------------------------------------------------------- 20) HONEYDRIPPER MAMBO - ALFREDITO & HIS ORCH. (Rainbow) 21) MAMBO BOOGIE - THE HARPTONES (1954) Old Town 22) NEW KIND OF MAMBO - BIG MAYBELLE OKeh 23) MARDI GRAS MAMBO - JODY LEVENS (1953) (Original Version) -------------------------------------------------------------------- 24) MAMBO #5 - PEREZ PRADO (Ealry 50's) RCA Victor 25) DON'T PLAY NO MORE MAMBO - THE CHARIOTEERS
(There will be a Part Two!!!!)
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4548
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4548.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4549.
Cool Bobby B is back this week with more great Doo Wop for us in the Doo Wop Stop. Rock-it Radio is proud to be the only Internet station that carries the syndicated Cool Bobby B show and you can tune in anytime around your schedule in our archives page to hear all of the Rock-it Radio programs. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee 2. Honey Honey -- Lewis Lymon & Teenchords 3. All my love (is just for you) -- The Sharps 4. Fine Fine Frame -- The Continentals 5. An affair to remember -- The Royalettes 6. Diamonds and Pearls -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 7. It ain't the meat -- The Swallows 8. Till -- The Flamingos 9. Rainy Day Bells -- The Globetrotters 10. Tonight -- The Velvets 11. Life is but a dream -- The Earls 12. Bells of Rose Rita -- The Admirations 13. Love no one but you -- The Jesters 14. Puppy Love -- Litty Jimmy Rivers & The Tops 15. Mope ity Mope -- Boss Tones 16. Don't pity me -- Dion & Belmonts 17. Wonderful Girl -- Dion & Belmonts 18. Let's Start over again -- The Paragons 19. Fever -- Little Willie John 20. Talk to me -- Little Willie John 21. Church bells may ring -- The Willows 22. When I'm with you -- The Moonglows 23. Once upon a love -- Leon Peels & Blue Jays 24. Doop Doop a walla walla - The El Torros 25. Dreams and Wishes -- The Crickets 26. Tonight I fell in love -- The Tokens
27. It's all in the game -- Tommy Edwards 28. Could this be magic -- The Dubs 29. Wisdom of a fool -- 5 Keys 30. Nothing can change this love -- Sam Cooke (doowop version) 31. Since you're gone -- The Diablos 32. It's a beautiful morning -- Philly Cuzz 33. Just you and I -- The Supremes 34. Dear One -- The Scarlets 35. Great Pretender - The Platters 36. Hush a bye my love -- Dion & Diplomats 37. When will I know -- Carol Blades & The Harptones 38. Mommy and Daddy -- The Students 39. When the boys talk about the girls -- The Shirelles 40. My girl awaits me -- The Castelles 41. Here I stand -- The Rip Chords 42. Lonely way -- Mike Miller & Harmony Street 43. The Stars -- The Ocapellos 44. Those oldies but goodies -- Little Caesar & The Romans 45. Western Movies -- The Olympics 46. Look in my eyes -- The Chantels 47. Did it -- the Laddins 48. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
Thanks Mr. B for another great doo wop show! We are very lucky to have Cool Bobby B shows here on Rock-it Radio and if you enjoyed the show please let him know that you listened to him on Rock-it Radio. To contact Cool Bobby B you can reach him at: email@example.com
ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD WILL REMAIN OPEN DURING
MOVE TO SUPPORT ROCK-IT RADIO.
As we are dismantling Studio A here in Ventura, California
to our new location in Post Falls, Idaho. The Entire month
of May the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad will remain open as
we are keeping all the masters here until we move up there.
So, during the entire month of May we will still be able to
fill your orders of vintage radio broadcasts we offer at:
Archived Rock-it Radio shows are not available any longer until
we move up North on June 2nd. As they are being shipped this
weekend along with Rock-it Radio T Shirts. We will be offering
them of course as soon as we unpack and ready to provide shows
Our regular programming and shows will resume on June 1st.
In the mean time we are busy dismantling and finding all sorts
of lost treasures on the move up.
IT'S NOW THE APRIL MADNESS SALE!!!
Radio is moving and we are overstocked, with our Vintage Radio shows -
of the 50s thru the 70s. So, if you place a order with us in the month
of March AND NOW ALL OF APRIL!!!! we will be including a bonus CD of
either another vintage radio broadcast that we have overstocked here, or
possibly a Rock-it Radio show from the past. Most can be over 10 years
old! And surely not aired again.
We hope that you enjoy our little bonus and you can order from our main webpage of the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from April 21, 2013 to April 27, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gordon Woper -- Le Tourquet, France Roberto Lima Vieira Costa -- Americana, Brazil
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 24 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,742 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 4/27/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 2. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) - WLAC Nashville 1967 3. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1974 6. RIR #142 -- Mad Daddy Pete Myers - WHK Cleveland 6/25/1959 7. RIR #514 -- John R - WLAC Nashville April 1969 8. RIR #516 -- Dick Biondi - WCFL Chicago Premiere show 10/3/1967 9. RIR #141 -- Mad Daddy Pete Myers - WJW Cleveland 6/25/1959 10. RIR #629 -- Charlie Van Dyke -- CKLW Windsor (Detroit) 4/28/1969
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +1 5. France +1 6. Italy +1 7. Australia +2 8. Netherlands +0 9. Mexico +2 10. Philippines +0 11. Brazil +2 12. Argentina +6 13. Japan -1 14. Indonesia -10 15. Sweden -1 16. Spain -1 17. Switzerland -1 18. Russia -1 19. Finland +1 20. China -1 21. Belgium +5 22. Greece -1 23. Saudi Arabia +0 24. Poland +0 25. Austria -3 26. New Zealand +1 27. Israel +5 28. Serbia -2 29. Thailand -1 30. India +1 31. Ireland -2 32. Czech Republic +3 33. Peru +3 34. Morocco -2 35. Norway +9 36. Denmark +2 37. Colombia +9 38. South Africa +1 39. Hungary -7 40. Turkey +8 41. Malaysia +9 42. Portugal -2 43. Romania -11 44. Chile -9 45. Singapore -3 46. United Arab Emirates -14 47. Croatia -2 48. Ukraine +1 49. Hong Kong -5 50. Lithuania -3
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +1 4. New York -1 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +0 7. Illinois +0 8. New Jersey +1 9. Maryland -1 10. Ohio +0 11. Virginia +1 12. Michigan -1 13. Indiana +2 14. Massachusetts -1 15. North Carolina -1 16. Georgia +0 17. Colorado +2 18. Missouri -1 19. Tennessee +2 20. Oregon -2 21. Arizona -2 22. Connecticut +1 23. Wisconsin -1 24. West Virginia +1 25. Kentucky -1 26. Louisiana +0 27. Kansas +7 28. South Carolina +1 29. Iowa -2 30. Minnesota +0 31. Alabama -2 32. Delaware +1 33. Nevada -1 34. District of Columbia -3 35. Oklahoma +0 36. New Mexico +2 37. Arkansas +0 38. Mississippi +2 39. Wyoming +2 40. New Hampshire +2 41. Rhode Island -3 42. Utah -6 43. Nebraska +0 44. Maine +0 45. Idaho +0 46. Alaska +3 47. Hawaii +1 48. Montana -2 49. North Dakota -2 50. Vermont +1 51. South Dakota -1
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!