As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Sunday, September 15, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4675 to #4682
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
It's been a sporadic week here at Rock-it Radio, I have been plagued with Sciatica and it makes it extremely painful to sit - So, we haven't had as much time online to put on as many shows as we would like. We did get 8 shows online this week though and will probably hopefully have much more next week. If anyone knows of a good cure for Sciatica please e mail me.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A JIMMY CAVALLO TRIBUTE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4675. This show will feature a tribute to a virtually unknown but very real pioneer of Rock and Roll, Jimmy Cavallo. Influenced
by R&B greats such as Wynonie Harris and Roy Brown as well as Jazz
greats such as Coleman Hawkins and Illinois Jacquet this vocalist,songwriter and saxophone player extraordinaire is still performing to this very day at 85 years of age!! Jimmy
Cavallo arguably recorded the first Rock and Roll song, was the first
white Rocker to perform at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem and was probably
the inventor of Beach Music!! Despite all of this he is not, as yet, in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. All of this and more is dealt with in this show.
The Play List is as follows:
1. Ooh Wee(You Sure Look Good To Me)-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1957 2. Good Morning Corinne-Wynonie Harris 1946 3. Lolly Pop Mama-Roy Brown 1947 4. Jack You Dead-Louis Jordan 1946 5. Body and Soul-Coleman Hawkins 1939 6. I'm With You-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1957 7. Mad Blues-Big Joe Turner 1946 8. That's The Groovy Thing-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1956 9. Ha,Ha,Ha Blues-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1951 10. Rock The Joint-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1951 11. Rock The Joint-Bill Haley and The Saddlemen 1952 12. Rock The Joint-Jimmy Preston and his Prestonians 1949 13. Leave Married Women Alone-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1951 14. Rock Rock Rock-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1956 15. Soda Shoppe Rock-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1956 16. Cherry Pie-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1957 17. The Big Beat-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1956 18. Hastings Street Bounce-Paul Williams 1947 19. Blow Illinois Blow-Illinois Jacquet 1947 20. Foot Stompin' -Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1957 21. Let 'Em Roll-Jimmy Cavallo and his House Rockers 1957
Thanks Al - Jimmy Cavallo also performed in a Alan Freed Rock and Roll movie if I recall. If you have any comments or requests or would just like to say hello to Al up there at Studio C in Brampton, Ontario Canada you can at: email@example.com
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4676 IN OUR PROGRAM PAGE.
If you like rare 60s Rock and Roll - You will love Dave the Rave as he spins the 60s vinyl for you here on Rock-it Radio. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Mr Bumps - Edgar Blanchard 2. Lovin Machine - Wynone Harris 3. Mashed Potatoes USA - James Brown 4. Get-E-Up - Preparations 5. Baby Let Your Hair Down - Robin Hoods 6. Kiss and Tell - Julie & Desires 7. Keep The Boys Happy - Chiffons 8. She's A Heartbreaker - Gene Pitney 9. Rampage - Linc Jeffries & Missing Links 10. You're Gonna Miss Me - 13th Floor Elevators 11. Sweeter Than Sugar - Ohio Express 12. Tresspassin - Ohio Players 13. My Man Is A Sweet Man - Millie Jackson 14. Don't You Do It - Alvin Robinson 15. The Mighty Quinn - Manfred Mann 16. King Of The Beach - Wayne Bartlett 17. I've Got Sand In My Shoes - Drifters 18. Somebody Help Me - Donald Jenkins & Delighters 19. I Love You Madly - Fantastic Four 20. Day Don't Come - Fountain Of Youth (Discovery of Week)
Thank you again Dave for another rockin' show of the 60s. If you have requests or comments you can get hold of Dave at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4677
From his studio in the UK, Ken delves into the archives to bring you more Country Music from right across the board with familiar names, not so familiar names and a new regular feature, Duets And Duos. So climb aboard the rocket for another round up, a Country Record Round-Up.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Music Makin' Mama From Memphis - Hank Snow (51) RCA-Victor 03. Swingin' Doors - George Jones (68) Musicor 04. The Almanac Song - Texas Jim Robertson (58) Stereo Spectrum 05. Ruby Are You Mad - Buck Owens (71) Capitol 06. I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know - The Davis Sisters (53) RCA-Victor 07. Divorce Me C.O.D. - Merle Travis (46) Capitol 08. If You Don't Somebody Else Will - Wanda Jackson & Billy Gray (54) Capitol 09. Please Be My Love - George Jones & Melba Montgomery (64) United Artists 10. Have You Ever Been Lonely - Jim Reeves & Patsy Cline (81) RCA 11. I'm A Little Red Caboose - Rose Maddox (53) Columbia 12. It Must Be Love - Margie Martin (57) Choice 13. Now Ain't That Love - Eddie Dean (55) Sage 14. Hep Cat Baby - Eddy Arnold (54) RCA-Victor 15. The Blues Come Around - Hank Williams (47) MGM 16. Shine Shave Shower It's Saturday - Lefty Frizzell (51) Columbia 17. If You Don't Want No More Of My Lovin' - Moon Mullican (56) King 18. Smile - Patsy Montana (44) Decca 19. Lonely Street - Patsy Cline (62) Decca 20. Mountain Dew - Grandpa Jones (47) Starday 21. Ex Missus Jones - Don Reno + Bill Harrell & The Tennessee Cutups (67) Derby Town 22. I'd Rather Be Safe Than Sorry - Warren Smith (56) Sun 23. I Love Country Music - Hayden Thompson (65) Sun 24. Country Bumpkin - Cal Smith (74) MCA 25. Log Cabin In The Lane - Jim Eanes & The Shenandoah Valley Boys (59) Starday 26. Waddlin' Mama - Gordon Sizemore (62) Alvic 27. Cross The Brazos At Waco - Billy Walker (64) Columbia 28. Outro - Medley
Another great country classic as Ken has brought forward this new show that has gained popularity here on Rock-it Radio. If you have any comments or would just like to say hello you can reach Ken at: email@example.com
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4678 Tribute to Gene Pitney
What if a Promoter was smart enough to put together Gene Pitneys Music and turn the songs into a storyline in three ACTS. And have Gene sings those songs to the original arrangements. No cheese-ball electronic effects here. Well, coming up is a make-believe "pop-opera" that should have happened while Gene Pitney was alive. You have a VIP front-room seat to Carnegie Hall for this special event. I'm the emcee and the songs tell a story in Three Acts. If you like it, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org I hope to arrange songs to tell a story by the late great Roy Orbison. Get there early for ice cream in the lobby.
Program Outline ACT 1 - THE TEENAGE HEARTBREAK OF "DONNA"
1) MR. MOON, MR. CUPID AND I 2) MECCA 3) IF I DIDN'T HAVE A DIME 4) EVERY BREATH I TAKE 5) HALF HEAVEN - HALF HEARTCHE 6) IT HURTS TO BE IN LOVE 7) DONNA MEANS HEARTBREAK
ACT 2 - GETTING MARRIED AND DIVORCED FROM "MARY LOU"
8) HELLO, MARY LOU 9) LIPS ARE REDDER THAN YOU 10) TOWER TALL (Their Wedding Song) 11) TRUE LOVE NEVER RUNS SMOOTH 12) I MUST BE SEEING THINGS 13) JUST ONE SMILE 14) I'M GONNA BE STRONG
ACT 3 - FINALLY MEETING THE RIGHT "BABE"
15) BACKSTAGE (I'M LONELY) 16) I GONNA FIND MYSELF A GIRL 17) SOMETHINGS GOT A HOLD OF MY HEART 18) (I'M GONNA) LOVE MY LIFE AWAY
19) ONLY LOVE CAN BREAK A HEART 20) TOWN WITHOUT PITY***
***Last songs he actually sang while touring in Wales on a UK Tour in 2006.
Thanks Mel for the fine show and play on Gene Pitney this week on the Back in Time show. If you would like to write to Mel with comments, suggestions and requests you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== SEVERAL DOO WOP LINKS CAN BE FOUND IN OUR DOO WOP WEBPAGE HERE AT ROCK-IT RADIO
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4679
Rockin' Daddy O is back this week spinning the wax of Doo wop groups of yesteryear. Here is the playlist of what you will hear on show #4679.
1. Teenage Jamboree-Dusters 2. This Is My Wedding Day-Fantastics 3. No No No-Chanters 4. Trickle Trickle-Videos 5. Schoolhouse Rock-Nicky & Nobles 6. Mighty Joe-Donald Woods & Vel-Aires 7. Everybody's Gonna Rock & Roll-Isley Bros 8. Baby Baby Baby-Jaguars 9. Bim Bam Boom-El Dorados 10. Hey! Pretty Girl-Arthur Lee Maye 11. Day By Day-Capitols 12. I Could Have Danced All Night-Souveniers 13. I Got To Know-5 Royales 14. Think-James Brown & Famous Flames 15. You Are My Only-Five Dreams 16. I Got To Learn To Do The Mambo-Ivory Joe Hunter & Ivorytones 17. Misirlou-Cardinals 18. Do-Wah-Spaniels 19. My Darling To You-Bop-Chords 20. You Are-Cadillacs 21. A Kiss From Your Lips-Flamingos 22. The Hex-Moroccos 23. Have Love Will Travel-Richard Berry & Pharohs 24. Village Of Love-Nathaniel Mayer & Fabulous Twilights 25. So Long-Fats Domino (closing)
It's a great selection of mostly up tempo doo wop with Rockin' Daddy O this week. If you have a future Doo wop request for him or would just like to say hello! You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4680
"Some Bonnies and Ronnies!" A selection of tunes by these rhyming first-name artists, plus a tribute to Cowboy Jack Clement, songwriter, Sun producer and discoverer of Jerry Lee Lewis, who passed away last month.
1. Mr. Fire Eyes - Bonnie Guitar 2. Forty Days - Ronnie Hawkins & The Hawks 1959 3. Tweedle Dee - Bonnie Lou 1955 4. Do Do Do - Ronnie Dawson (as Commonwealth Jones) 1961 5. Ain't I'm A Dog - Ronnie Self 1957 6. Dark Moon - Bonnie Guitar 1957
IN MEMORIUM - Jack Clement
7. Ballad Of A Teenage Queen - Jack Clement (Demo) 8. Ballad Of A Teenage Queen - Johnny Cash 1958 9. Guess Things Happen That Way - Johnny Cash 1958 10. Ten Years Ago - Jack Clement 1958 11. Lover Boy - Jack Clement 1958 12. Whole Lotta Lookin' - Jack Clement 1959 13. That Black-Haired Man - Jack Clement 1958 14. It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis 1957
MORE BONNIES AND RONNIES
15. Bonnie B. - Jerry Lee Lewis 1961 16. Friction Heat - Bonnie Lou 1958 17. Frantic Party - Bonnie Guitar Unissued 18. Rockin' Bones - Ronnie Dawson 1959 19. Mary Lou - Ronnie Hawkins & The Hawks 1959 20. Dizzy Miss Lizzy - Ronnie Hawkins & The Hawks 1959 21. Love Is Over, Love Is Done - Bonnie Guitar 1958 22. Tennessee Wig-Walk - Bonnie Lou 1958 23. Big Blon' Baby - Ronnie Self 1958 24. Rock Road Blues - Ronnie Self 1957
A nice memorial Mike on Jack Clement of the famous SUN Record label. If you have any comments or requests for Mike you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4681
From the Netherlands we bring you another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. Besides music from the USA and Canada we also have 12 European songs from Sweden, Belgium, the Netherlands, the UK and Norway. This show inludes 4 instrumentals by Willy & his Giants. Their frontman Willy Wissink passed away at age 75 early July of 2013. Please enjoy the music in this show.
1. It's late - Dorsey Burnette - 1958 2. Buddy I got you - Eva Eastwood - 2001 3. Can she kiss - Jimmy Bowen & the Rhythm Orchids - 1958 4. Oogly Googly eyes - The Fanatics - 1961 5. Born to lose - Danny Everett & the Spectacles - 1994 6. The Sock - The Valentines - 1960 7. Oh, never mind - The Big Galoots - 2000 8. Etranger dans ton coeur - Jacky Delmone - 1963 9. I want you baby - Billy Lee Riley - 1957 10. Teenage heaven - Eddie Cochran - 1959 11. Rockabilly baby - Bonneville - 1984 12. Green back dollar (alt) - Ray Harris - 1956 13. Greenback dollar - Gene Vincent - 1960 14. Go ahead on - Tommy Cassel - 1958 15. And we were rockin' - Hank Sundown & the Roaring Cascades - 2011 16. One hand loose - Charlie Feathers - 1956 17. Sarie Marijs - Willy & his Giants - 1962 18. Ajoen ajoen - Willy & his Giants - 1963 19. Terang Boelan - Willy & his Giants - 1963 20. Happy guitar - Willy & his Giants - 1981 21. Shy guy - Frankie Avalon - 1959 22. Over and over - Bobby Day - 1958 23. Makin' love - Floyd Robinson - 1959 24. Don't lie to me - Ranch Girls & the Ragtime Wranglers - 2002 25. There's gonna be a party - Bobby Gray - 1964 26. I'm ready - Southern Bound - 1999
Thank you Jack for another Rockin' Show here on Rock-it Radio. Do you have a request, comment or would like to write to Jack you can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE & LINKS
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW - FORGOTTEN TOP 40's THAT WERE ALSO ONE HIT WONDERS #4 ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4682
This week's Memory Lane Show presents the fourth in a series of "Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's - One Hit Wonder Edition". The listener reaction to this series has been phenomenal, so host Lane Quigley dusted off another two dozen top 40 hits by performers than never reached the Hot 100 with another record. These are guaranteed to evoke some great memories, so click on Show #4682 and enjoy these great sides:
1. Party Lights - Claudine Clark 1962 #5 2. (Ghost) Riders In The Sky - The Ramrods 1961 #30 3. The Sweetest Thing This Side of Heaven - Chris Bartley 1967 #32 SOUND BITE 4. Susie Darlin' - Robin Luke 1958 #5 5. I Do - The Marvelows 1965 #37 6. Tell Him No - Travis & Bob 1959 #8 7. Nag - The Halos 1961 #25 8. Chanson D'Amour - Art & Dotty Todd 1958 #6 SOUND BITE 9. Bust Out - The Busters 1963 #25 10. Mountain of Love - Harold Dorman 1961 #21 11. Freight Train - Chas McDevitt Skiffle Group featuring Nancy Whiskey 1957 #40 12. All Night Long - Rusty Bryant 1954 #25 13. I'm Available - Margie Rayburn 1957 #9 14. Liar Liar - The Castaways 1965 #12 15. Yogi - The Ivy Three 1960 #8 16. Pipeline - The Chantays 1963 #4 SOUND BITE 17. Popsicles & Icicles - The Murmaids 1963/64 #3 18. Mexico - Bob Moore 1962 #7 19. Moonlight Swim - Tony Perkins 1957 #24 20. Barbara - The Temptations 1960 #29 21. Asia Minor - Kokomo 1961 #8 22. Oh Julie - The Crescendos 1958 #5 23. Down The Aisle of Love - The Quintones 1958 #18 24. Once Upon a Time - Rochell & The Candlles 1961 #26
If you would like to hear more of this series you might be able to coax Lane in doing more. Or if you have a future request you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
ROCK-IT RADIO GIVEAWAY FOR THE REMAINDER OF SEPTEMBER! DJ Dick Biondi is in the broadcasting Hall of Fame and it is for good reason. Great Delivery with a special sense of humor. He spent the majority of his career in Chicago both at WLS and WCFL in the 60s. Eventhough he did have a brief stay at KRLA in Los Angeles. But we are giving away a show of his from 9 March, 1962 for the rest of the month of September - almost an hour of great music, jingles and news from WLS in Chicago with this awesome DJ. It's RIR #165 in our catalog.
These vintage broadcasts we sell 100% goes to Rock-it Radio and it's costs to bring you these shows. And is a bonus in our way to say thank you for supporting us.
These shows of the 50s thru the 70s is a great way to remember or learn how radio was back then. And enjoy the great music as well. They are called airchecks and we have a page about collecting them at: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
AUGUST END OF THE MONTH WINNERS ANNOUNCED
FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS.
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from September 8, 2013 to September 15, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
And 5 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of
new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,143 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 9/15/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 2. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 3. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 4. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 5. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 6. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 7. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 8. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 9. RIR #486 -- Emperor Rosko - Radio Caroline (UK Pirate) 1/16/1967 10. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor, Ontario 7/12/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 9/15/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 206 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Mexico +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Brazil +0 5. Canada +0 6. France +0 7. Germany +1 8. Italy -1 9. Spain +1 10. Finland -1 11. Hungary +0 12. Japan +0 13. Philippines +1 14. Australia -1 15. Netherlands +0 16. Colombia +1 17. Sweden +12 18. Argentina +1 19. Russia -1 20. Peru -1 21. Belgium +0 22. Dominican Republic -2 23. Guatemala +0 24. Ireland -2 25. Switzerland +0 26. Chile +0 27. South Africa -3 28. New Zealand +6 29. Bolivia -9 30. Austria +1 31. India -5 32. Greece +5 33. Poland +5 34. Denmark -2 35. Indonesia -6 36. Saudi Arabia +3 37. United Arab Emirates +10 38. Honduras +2 39. Czech Republic -10 40. Costa Rica +3 41. Norway -9 42. Panama +10 43. Serbia -7 44. Romania -4 45. Uruguay +6 46. Croatia -3 47. Paraguay -4 48. Singapore +7 49. South Korea -5 50. Thailand -5
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. Florida +0 5. Texas +0 6. New Jersey +0 7. Illinois +0 8. Washington +0 9. Virginia +2 10. Indiana -1 11. Maryland -1 12. Ohio +1 13. Missouri +3 14. North Carolina +0 15. Michigan -3 16. Massachusetts -1 17. Georgia +1 18. Tennessee -1 19. Alabama +1 20. Arizona -1 21. Connecticut +1 22. Colorado -1 23. Wisconsin +1 24. Kansas +1 25. Oregon -2 26. Nevada +4 27. Rhode Island +1 28. Minnesota +4 29. Kentucky -3 30. South Carolina -3 31. Louisiana -3 32. Iowa -2 33. Oklahoma +2 34. Nebraska +0 35. West Virginia +2 36. Delaware -3 37. Utah -3 38. New Hampshire +2 39. Arkansas +0 40. Idaho +1 41. New Mexico -6 42. Maine +0 43. Hawaii +2 44. Montana -1 45. Mississippi +1 46. District of Columbia -5 47. Vermont +0 48. North Dakota +2 49. South Dakota +2 50. Wyoming -2 51. Alaska -2
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!