As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, October 7, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4693 to #4701
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Well we have 9 more new shows online this week with the playlists plus some news here at Rock-it Radio plus the end of month drawing for our supporters and another free giveaway offer. Along with an offer for Popcorn lovers.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH TRIBUTE TO LITTLE MISS CORNSHUCKS IN SHOW #4693
Little Miss Cornshucks Little Miss Cornshucks was an influential figure in post WWII Rhythm & Blues. For one thing, she inspired Ahmet Ertegun to start Atlantic Records and when he couldn't locate her to record her, he launched the career of Ruth Brown instead. Her version of the classic, "Try A Little Tenderness" updated 1930s torch singing by bringing it into the R&B realm, introducing Aretha Franklin and Otis Redding to the song. Lavern Baker copied Cornshucks' country girl stage act down to the name, calling herself Little Miss Sharecropper and finding success in confusing people as to who the real Cornshucks was. Little Miss Cornshucks has an almost mythical reputation and her impact on R&B and soul is immeasurable, but she's hardly ever mentioned today. Matt The Cat digs up the REAL Cornshucks on this week's "Juke In The Back." Her name was Mildred Cummings and she was born in Dayton, OH in 1923. She began recording for Marl Young's Sunbeam label in Chicago in late 1946. Then she cut some sides for Roy Milton's Miltone Label, as well as Aladdin, Coral and even Columbia (though those sides have never been released). Her voice is as powerful as it is personal. Her stage act was part country girl, part Vaudevillian comedienne, part torch singer and soul sister. These sides are rare and historically significant and this week, they're jumping right out of the "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. So Long - Marl Young's Orch w/ Little Miss Cornshucks - Sunbeam 1946 3. Gonna Leave Here Walkin' - Marl Young's Orch w/ Little Miss Cornshucks - Sunbeam 1946 4. Have You Ever Loved Somebody - Marl Young's Orch w/ Little Miss Cornshucks - Sunbeam 1947 5. I Don't Love You Anymore - Marl Young's Orch w/ Little Miss Cornshucks - Sunbeam 1947 6. He's Funny That Way - Little Miss Cornshucks w/ The Blenders - Miltone 1948 7. Cornshucks Blues - Little Miss Cornshucks w/ The Blenders - Miltone 1948 8. In The Rain - Little Miss Cornshucks w/ The Blenders - Miltone 1948 9. True (You Don't Love Me) - Little Miss Cornshucks w/ The Blenders - Miltone 1948 10. Waiting In Vain - Little Miss Cornshucks & Her All-Stars - Aladdin 1949 11. Papa Tree Top Blues - Little Miss Cornshucks w/ Benny Carter & His Orch - Coral 1950 12. GREAT 78 - Time After Time - Little Miss Cornshucks & Her All-Stars - Aladdin 1949 13. Rock Me To Sleep - Little Miss Cornshucks w/ Benny Carter & His Orch - Coral 1950 14. No Teasing Around - Little Miss Cornshucks - Chess 1960 15. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW WITH MORE FORGOTTEN TOP 40 ONE HIT WONDERS IN SHOW #4694
This week's Memory Lane Show continues the mini-series of Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's - One Hit Wonder Edition. This is the fifth installment featuring top 40 hits by artists that never had another song reach the Billboard Pop Charts. The listener response to this series has been terrific, so host Lane Quigley dusted off another batch of two dozen one-hit wonders. See if you remember these:
1. Buzz Buzz Buzz - The Hollywood Flames 1958 #11 2. Bongo Stomp - Little Joey & The Flips 1962 #33 3. Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead - The Fifth Estate 1967 #11 SOUND BITE 4. The Jerk - The Larks 1964 #7 5. Stick Shift - The Duals 1961 #25 6. Sh-Boom - The Chords 1954 #5 7. Makin' Love - Floyd Robinson 1959 #20 8. I Wonder - Pvt. Cecil Gant 1945 #20 9. Foot Stompin' - The Flares 1961 #25 10. Walkin' My Cat Named Dog - Norma Tanega 1966 #22 SOUND BITE 11. Please Love Me Forever - Cathy Jean & The Roommates 1961 #12 12. Got a Match? - The Daddy-Oâ€™s 1958 #39 13. Forever - The Little Dippers 1960 #9 14. Forever - Pete Drake 1964 #25 15. Dear One - Larry Finnegan 1962 #11 16. Philadelphia U.S.A. - The Nu Tornados 1959 #26 17. 7-11 - The Gone All Stars 1958 #30 SOUND BITE 18. Write Me a Letter - The Ravens 1947 #24 19. The Next Plane To London - The Rose Garden 1967 #17 20. Crazy Eyes For You - Bobby Hamilton 1958 #40 21. Shake a Hand - Faye Adams 1953 #22 22. A Letter From Sherry - Dale Ward 1963 #25 23. Baby Oh Baby - The Shells 1960 #21 24. Pledging My Love - Johnny Ace 1955 #17
We will have another segment of this popular series next week here on Rock-it Radio. If you have any requests or comments for Lane you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4695
Dave is back this week with more memories of the 1960s with plenty of rarities and hits. Here is the playlist of what you will hear in show #4695.
1. Pintor - Pharos 2. There Is A Mountain - Donovan 3. Mountain Of Love - Johnny Rivers 4. I Am The Man - Jay Wiggins 5. Don't Tell Your Mama - Eddie Floyd 6. It's Not Right - Plastic People 7. I'll Keep You Satisfied - Billy J Kramer & Dakotas 8. Shape of Things To Come - Third Rail 9. I Said No - Pat Clayton 10.Bye Bye Baby - Mary Wells 11.Come See What I Got - Mike Tomasetti 12.This Little Girl Of Mine - Human Beinz 13.Baby's Birthday - Guess Who 14.Pleasant Valley Sunday - Monkees 15.Levitation - 13th Floor Elevators 16.Get Off My Cloud - Rolling Stones 17. I Don't Want To Be The One- Webster's New Word 18.Tell Me That You Care - Grady Chapman
Thanks Dave for the double header this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4696
Rockin' Daddy O is out rockin' the East Coast once again and now the World here on Rock-it Radio. Great Rockabilly music from yesteryear and today is here in show #4696. Here is the playlist!
1. Headache-Angie & Citations 2. Wailin' Wailin'- Party-Corvets 3. Slow Down-Seeburg Spotlite Band 4. Rockin' Rochester U.S.A.-Tempest 5. I Want It All-Darrel Higham & Barnshakers 6. Bless My Soul-Darrel Higham & Barnshakers w/Imelda May 7. Do Me No Wrong-Imelda May 8. Long Legged Linda-Kids From Texas 9. Shake Um Up Rock-Benny Cliff 10. Got Rockinâ€™ On My Mind-Curley Griffin 11. Twist In Italy-Little Tony 12. Got The Feeling-Fabian 13. Draggin' Waggin-Triumphs 14. Money And Gold-Teddy & Rough Riders 15. I Cried For You-Dollar Bill 16. Thunder & Lighting-Bloodshot Bill 17. Hit The Town-Raging Teens 18. Out For Kicks-Racketeers 19. Don't Big Shot Me-Sean Mencher 20. Searching(I'm Always Looking)-Eddie Clendening & Blue Ribbon Boys 21. A-Bomb Bop-A-Bones 22. Will You-Lonnie Smithson 23. Try Me-Bob Luman 24. Drugstore Rock N' Roll-Janis Martin 25. Stuck On You-Elvis Presley
Thanks Daddy O for another rockin' show here on Rock-it Radio. If you have any rockabilly requests, comments or hello's you can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4697
Cool Bobby B & The Doo Wop Stop show - The #1 Doo Wop show Worldwide is archived right here on Rock-it Radio. Great Doo Wop with the excellent delivery of Cool Bobby B. Here is this week's Playlist.
Hour # 1
1. Rockin' with the Clock - Shirley and Lee 2. Through a long and sleepless night -- The Chances 3. Village of Love -- The Twilighters 4. City of Angles -- The Highlights 5. My heart is yours -- The Dozier boys 6. Mary Lee -- The Rainbows 7. Worst that could happen -- Brooklyn Bridge 8. Tonight Tonight -- The Mellokings 9. Picture in my wallet -- Darrell & The Oxfords 10. Please say you want me -- The Schoolboys 11. How the time flies -- Jerry Wallace 12. When you wish upon a star -- Dion & Belmonts 13. No One Knows -- Dion & The Belmonts 14. The way you look tonight -- The Jarmels 15. Chapel of Dreams -- Wess & Airdales 16. Flat Tire -- Del Vikings 17. Summer's Love -- The Chosen Few 18. Baby, I love you so -- Joe Weaver and The Don Juans 19. Dottie -- The Vows 20. Big night for love -- Vic Donna Group 21. Hey there lonely girl -- Eddie Holman 22. Little Darling -- The Diamonds 23. Goin' out of my mind -- Little Anthony & The Imperials 24. Twilight Time -- The Platters 25. Anna -- Arthur Alexander 26. What do little girls dream of -- The Castells 27. Oh my Angel -- Bertha Tillman
28. Two Timing Lover -- The Lions 29. She say -- The Diamonds 30. Til Then -- The Classics 31. Dream Girl -- Norman Fox & Robroys 32. Let me go lover -- The Valiants 33. Ling Ting Tong -- 5 Keys 34. Ruby Baby -- The Rocket 88s 35. I die -- The Skyliners 36. Is there a love for me -- The Dubs 37. I'm Sorry -- Royal Holidays 38. Darling, Now that you're mine -- The Impacts 39. Zu Zu -- The Bonnevilles 40. Sorry -- The Impalas 41. Rama Lama Ding Dong -- The Edsels 42. Gee, But I'd give the world -- The Crests 43. Trickle, Trickle -- The Videos 44. Never let you go -- 5 Discs 45. Just over the Brooklyn Bridge -- Lola & The Saints 46. Model Girl -- Johnny Maestro 47. What time is it? -- Jive Five 48. Magic Wand -- Don and Juan 49. This is my love -- The Passions 50. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
If you have a Doo Wop Request or comment on Cool Bobby B's show or just to say hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE & LINKS
============================================== KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4698
From his studios in the UK it's Ken Strange and the Traditional Country Music show called Country Round Up. Filled with Traditional Country Music from the 40s to the 70s. It is now online in our program webpage as show #4698 and here is the playlist.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Hey Joe - Carl Smith (53) Columbia 03. Honky Tonk Song - Webb Pierce (57) Decca 04. Eddy's Song - Eddy Arnold (53) RCA-Victor 05. One Has My Name The Other Has My Heart - Jimmy Wakely (48) Capitol 06. Always Late With Your Kisses - Lefty Frizzell (51) Columbia 07. Daddy - Donna Fargo (68) Challenge / Decca 08. Bull Frog Boogie - Earl Stone (53) King 09. The Last Thing On My Mind - Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton (67) RCA 10. Mockingbird Hill - Hank Snow & Anita Carter (62) RCA 11. Take Me In Your Arms - Jim Reeves & Deborah Allen (79) RCA 12. Oh Let Me Love You - Ray & Lindy (57) Rocket 13. Y'all Come - Loretta Lynn (01) Columbia River Ent 14. I Can't Go On This Way - The Quebe Sisters (09) Live Recording 15. No More Nothin' - Zeb Turner (51) King 16. Dixie Cannonball - Gene Autry (48) Columbia 17. So Round So Firm So Fully Packed - Merle Travis (47) Capitol 18. You're Stronger Than Me - Patsy Cline (62) Decca 19. Too Many Irons In The Fire - Moon Mullican (51) King 20. Forever Is Ending Today - Ernest Tubb (47) Decca 21. Yonder Comes A Sucker - Jim Reeves (55) RCA-Victor 22. Under Your Spell Again - Buck Owens (59) LaBrea 23. Corn Cob Blues - John Hartford (66) RCA-Victor 24. I Still Write Your Name In The Sand - Mac Wiseman (52) Dot 25. Heaven's Just A Sin Away - Tammy Wynette (77) Epic 26. Ghost Riders In The Sky (instrumental) - Duane Eddy (96) Curb 27. Outro - Medley
Thank you Ken for another great segment of the Country Round Up show. If you have a traditional country request or comment or would just like to say hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4699.
Being just covered and surrounded by Doo Wop Vinyl! Pete Chaston is back this week with more great group harmony rock and roll. From the Silly Song Segment to the Scratchy 45's it's all here. Playlist is below.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Rockin' in the Jungle-The Eternals (1959) 3. I Put the Bomp-The Marcels (xxxx) 4. Trudy-Lonnie & The Carollons (1959) 5. I Met Him on a Sunday-The Shirelles (1958) 6. Look A Here Baby-The Shirelles (1959 & '61) 7. It Ain't the Meat-The Swallows (1951) 8. Dottie-The Computones (1981) 9. Shame, Shame, Shame-Shirley (and company) (1974) 10. Daddy's Gonna Tell You No Lie-The Cosmic Rays (1960)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. What Does the Fox Say?-Ylvis (from Norway) (2013) 12. theme from "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. This is my Wedding Day-The Computones (1979) 14. If You Try-The Chantels (1958) 15. Back to School-The Crystallaires (from Germany) (1990) 16. For All We Know-The Starlites (1962)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Glory of Love-Patty & The Street-tones (1981) 18. It Happened Today-The Skyliners (1960) 19. Dear One-The Scarlets (1954) 20. Bong Bong-Vince Castro & The Tonettes (1958)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Last Night I Dreamed-The Fiestas (1959) 22. Diamonds and Pearls-The Paradons (1960) 23. Whispering Sorrows-The Nutmegs (1955) 24. Tormented-The Heartbeats (1955) 25. Betty My Love-The Joylarks (xxxx) 26. My Baby Loves Me-The Five Discs (1961)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Thanks Pete for another Doo Wop Set and if you have a future Doo Wop Request or a member of a amateur Doo Wop band and would like some airplay. Contact Pete at: email@example.com
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH Pt. 2 OF A TRIBUTE TO DARLENE LOVE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4700.
This show concludes my two part look at singer Darlene Love whose contributions to many of the big hits of the late 1950's and 1960's have been overlooked for decades. Her desire to be a star was never achieved during this time but over the years she has emerged as the star she always wanted to be. Ironically, most recently she was the major subject of the documentary movie 'Twenty Feet from Stardom' which deals with the trials and tribulations of those singing talents that are so close to stardom yet so far away. The irony is the fact that Darlene Love no longer is in that category (i.e. 'Twenty feet from stardom'). Her appearances in movies,stage musicals, annual
appearances on the David Letterman Show ,induction into the Rock and
Roll Hall of Fame and indeed her appearance in this movie show clearly
that she has taken the 20 foot walk to the front of the stage and has
become a star. Hopefully these two shows have helped to indicate why
this is deserved.
The play list is as follows:
1. Stumble and Fall-Darlene Love 1964 2. Everybody Loves To Cha Cha Cha-Sam Cooke /with The Blossoms 1959 3. Monster Mash-Bobby 'Boris' Pickett /With The Blossoms 1962 4. Good Bye Cruel World-James Darren/with The Blossoms 1961 5. The Shoop Shoop Song(It's In His Kiss) Betty Everett/with The Blossoms 6. The Shoop Song(It's In His Kiss) Merry Clayton/w The Blossoms 7. Lord, If You're A Woman-Darlene Love 1975 8. Big Talkin' Jim-Darlene Love 1962 9. Rubberneckin' Elvis Presley /with The Blossoms 1969 10. Poor Side Of Town-Johnny Rivers/ with The Blossoms 1966 11. (He's A ) Quiet Guy-Darlene Love 1964 12. Johnny -Darlene Love 1964 13. (You're My) Soul and Inspiration-The Righteous Brothers/with The Blossoms 1966 14. Strange Love-Darlene Love 1962 15. I Gotta Tell It-Darlene Love 1962 16. Hard To Get-Darlene Love /with The Blossoms 1961 17. Marshmallow World- Darlene Love 1963 18. My Heart Beats A Little Faster-Darlene Love 1963 19. Run Run Run Runaway-Darlene Love 1963 20. Too Late To Say Your Sorry-Darlene Love 1966
Thank you Al for doing the tribute to Darlene Love and what a true talent she was! If you have some requests or comments you can write to al at: Cooldaddy@rockitradio.net
============================================== SEVERAL DOO WOP LINKS CAN BE FOUND IN OUR DOO WOP WEBPAGE HERE AT ROCK-IT RADIO
============================================== TED LOUKES AND THE ROCKABILLY RHYTHM SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4701
From his studios in South Africa Ted Loukes does his 10th show with us here at Rock-it Radio! Many thanks to him and if you enjoy traditional 50s Rockabilly this is the show for you! Here is the playlist.
01. Rockabilly Rhythm Intro 02. Green Tree Boogie - Bill Haley & The Saddlemen 1951 03. Mellow Down Easy - Ric Cartey 1957 04. Jenny Lee - Moon Mullican 1958 05. No No Baby - Al Ferrier 1956 06. Cool Cat - Joe Montgomery 1956 07. Rockabilly Hop - Bill Moss ? 08. Rocking Jalopy - The Alabama Kid 1965 09. Did You Mean Jelly Bean (What You Said Cabbage Head) - Joe Clay 1956 10. All The Time - Werly Fairburn 1956 11. Rockin' And A Boppin' - Carl Newman 1961 12. Mystery Train - Elvis Presley 1955 13. Rockin' On The Moon - Billy Lee Riley 1958 14. Barking Up The Wrong Tree - Don Woody 1957 15. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash 1956 16. Slow Down - Jack Earls 1956 17. Baby Baby Doll - Stan Johnson 1958 18. You're So Dumb - Mack Banks & His Drifting Troubadours 1956 19. That Girl Of Mine - Patt Cupp & his Flying Saucers 1963 20. Bebop Battlin' Ball - Eddie Gaines & the Rockin' Five 1958 21. Go Baby Go - Al Davis 1964 22. Maybelline - Rod Bernard ? 23. Honey Hush - Johnny Burnette & The Rock n Roll Trio 1956 24. Go Cat Go - Harold Jackson ? 25. I've Got That Feeling - Ray Pate & The Rhythm Rockets ? 26. Red Headed Woman - Jimmy Bone ? 27. Lets Go - Billy Eldridge 1959 28. Havin' A Whole Lotta Fun - Johnny Jano 1957 29. Jump Right Out Of This Jukebox - Onie Wheeler 1959
Thanks Ted for another great Rockabilly show here on Rock-it Radio! Many of these happening to be unreleased! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach Ted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
http://www.facebook.com/rockitface The Rock-it Radio Facebook Site. ============================================== HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more -- We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it Radio. You can find it at:
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
ROCK-IT RADIO GIVEAWAY FOR THE REMAINDER OF OCTOBER! Last month sadly Rock-it Radio recorded it's worse month of sales all year. And our coffers are getting dangerously low. So, we are including with every order from October 8th to October 31st. From our archives a Mad Daddy Pete Myers broadcast from 1963 over WINS New York City. Pete Myers was the DJ that replaced Alan Freed after the Payola scandal in 1959. With a completely manic and hip delivery of the hits of the day. This classic broadcast will be yours with your purchase of Rock-it radio webpages.
These vintage broadcasts we sell 100% goes to Rock-it Radio and it's costs to bring you these shows. And is a bonus in our way to say thank you for supporting us.
These shows of the 50s thru the 70s is a great way to remember or learn how radio was back then. And enjoy the great music as well. They are called airchecks and we have a page about collecting them at: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
SEPTEMBER END OF THE MONTH WINNERS ANNOUNCED
FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS.
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
DOO WOP GROUP THE PRISONAIRES - DOCUMENTARY ANNOUNCEMENT. This afternoon we received an interesting e mail from Cass Paley who has done a documentary on The Doo Wop Group - The Prisonaires - He wrote ...
I'm very pleased to let you know that I'm nearly across the finish line with my passion project THE PRISONAIRES. The documentary film tells the true story of 5 amazing men in the Tennessee State Prison who captured the hearts of officials with their music. The most famous song was "Just Walkin' In The Rain." Take a captivating look back at the realities of life, hardship, music, racism, and ultimate triumph over extreme adversity.
The film premiered to an enthusiastic audience last month at the Harlem International Film Festival, and next month we'll be bringing the story back where it began when we screen at the International Black Film Festival of Nashville. Please
take a moment to check out the Indiegogo campaign that was set up to
help raise funds to finish the film. There you'll get an early look at some footage from the doc and very latest about our progress getting the film released so I can share it with the world.
============================================== DO YOU ENJOY POPCORN -- WE DO -- ROCK-IT RADIO HELPS WITH SCOUTING CAMPAIGN IN MONTH OF OCTOBER.
Help Rock-it Radio give to Scouting! And enjoy some popcorn at the same time! This
October Rock-it Radio is helping our local Cub Scout Troop by giving to
the link here. Another nice option they have is you can send Popcorn to
our troops as well. Here is the link ...
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from September 22, 2013 to
October 7, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Osyog -- ?? Cory Kennedy -- Whitehall, Ohio USA Lydia Diaco -- Cornelius, North Carolina USA Terry Michel -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA Diane Buschina -- Erie, Pennsylvania USA John Markowski -- Langhorne, Pennsylvania USA Brent Gabrielsen -- Apache Junction, Arizona USA Robert Turner -- Kenosha, Wisconsin USA DJ Marsman -- Outasite, Wisconsin USA Bill Salley -- Orangeburg, South Carolina USA
And 19 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 43 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,207 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 10/7/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 2. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 3. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 6. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 7. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 8. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor, Ontario 7/12/1967 9. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 10. RIR #486 -- Emperor Rosko - Radio Caroline (UK Pirate) 1/16/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 10/7/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Mexico +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +1 5. Brazil -1 6. France +0 7. Germany +0 8. Spain +0 9. Philippines +1 10. Australia +4 11. Hungary -2 12. Netherlands +1 13. Argentina +5 14. Italy -4 15. Sweden +2 16. Japan -5 17. Peru +3 18. Colombia -5 19. Russia +0 20. Belgium +1 21. Chile +7 22. Finland -7 23. Switzerland +1 24. Domincan Republic -1 25. South Africa +1 26. Ireland -1 27. Greece +0 28. Saudi Arabia +5 29. Guatemala -13 30. Norway +6 31. Poland -2 32. India +2 33. Czech Republic +4 34. Bolivia +1 35. New Zealand -6 36. Denmark +7 37. Uruguay +7 38. Hong Kong +16 39. Austria -6 40. Thailand -2 41. Indonesia -7 42. Serbia +3 43. Morocco +6 44. United Arab Emirates -7 45. Panama -2 46. Ukraine +8 47. Costa Rica -9 48. Paraguay +7 49. Singapore -4 50. Portugal +1
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Florida +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. New Jersey +0 7. Illinois +0 8. Ohio +3 9. Virginia +0 10. Washington -2 11. North Carolina +1 12. Indiana -4 13. Maryland +0 14. Massachusetts +0 15. Michigan +0 16. Georgia +1 17. Tennessee +1 18. Missouri -2 19. Alabama +0 20. Arizona +0 21. Kentucky +3 22. Kansas +0 23. Wisconsin +2 24. Coloradio -1 25. Connecticut -5 26. Rhode Island +4 27. South Carolina +2 28. Minnesota -2 29. Nevada -2 30. Oregon -4 31. Louisiana +0 32. West Virginia +9 33. Arkansas +2 34. Iowa +0 35. Delaware +3 36. New Hampshire +4 37. Utah -4 38. Nebraska +1 39. Maine -4 40. Oklahoma -8 41. Mississippi +2 42. Hawaii +2 43. Idaho -6 44. New Mexico -3 45. North Dakota +3 46. District of Columbia +0 47. South Dakota +2 48. Montana -3 49. Vermont -5 50. Wyoming +0 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!