As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4702 to #4713
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4702 TO #4713
Well we have a walloping 12 more new shows online this week with the playlists plus some news here at Rock-it Radio. One of the shows this week is also the annual Halloween Broadcast hosted by Bill Green.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW WITH MORE FORGOTTEN TOP 40 ONE HIT WONDERS IN SHOW #4702
Lane Quigley continues the popular series of "Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's - One Hit Wonders Edition" on this week's Memory Lane Show, as he presents two dozen more songs by artists who only hit the Hot 100 one time -- but managed to climb into the Top 40 with that one hit. Bring back some memories with these lost hits:
1. Peanut Butter - The Marathons 1961 #20 2. Good Ol' Rock & Roll - Cat Mother & The All Night News Boys 1969 #21 3. Midnight Mary - Joey Powers 1964 #10 4. Why Don't You Haul Off and Love Me? - Wayne Raney 1949 #22 5. Priscilla - Eddie Cooley & The Dimples 1956 #20 SOUND BITE 6. Money - Barrett Strong 1960 #23 7. Baby Come Baack - The Equals 1968 #32 8. Al Di La - Emilio Pericoli 1962 #6 9. Batman Theme - Neal Hefti 1966 #35 10. Get a Job - The Silhouettes 1958 #1 SOUND BITE 11. She's All I Got - Freddy North 1971 #39 12. Long Gone - Sonny Thompson with The Sharps & Flats 1948 #20 13. Little Band of Gold - James Gilreath 1963 #21 14. Summer Samba - Walter Wanderley 1966 #26 15. The Duck - Jackie Lee 1965 #14 16. Cerveza - Boots Brown 1958 #23 17. Please Donâ€™t Talk To The Lifeguard - Diane Ray 1963 #31 SOUND BITE 18. May The Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose - Little Jimmy Dickens 1965 #15 19. (It's Been a Long Time) Pretty Baby - Gino & Gina 1958 #20 20. Lollipop - Ronald & Ruby 1958 #21 21. Lost Love - H.B. Barnum 1961 #35 22. Ginnie Bell - Paul Dino 1961 #38 23. I Love You Yes I Do - Bullmoose Jackson 1948 #21 24. Been So Long - The Pastels 1958 #24
We will have another segment of this popular series next week here on Rock-it Radio. If you have any requests or comments for Lane you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4703
From the Netherlands we bring you another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. Besides music from the USA and New Zealand we also have 11 European songs from Sweden, Finland, the UK, Norway, the Netherlands and Austria. So, turn up the volume and enjoy the ride.
1. I'm in my teens - The Collins Kids - 1956 2. Time will tell the tale - The Black Knights - 2000 3. Alexander ragtime band - Tommy Tolleson - 196x 4. 59 Volvo - Emmy Lou & the Rhythm Boys - 2012 5. Bossa nova baby - The Tielman Brothers - 1963 6. Boy watcher - Pat Parker & the Hi Lites - 1958 7. Pistol packin' mama - Bill Haley & the Comets - 1960 8. Lies - The Cascadez - 2001 9. Rock the joint - John "Rocky" Rhule - 19xx 10. Party Doll - Roger Donaldson & the Tapestry - 19xx 11. Tight dress - Johnny & the Roccos - 1989 12. You're gonna cry - Roy Orbison - 1958 13. You're gonna cry - Mischief! - 1999 14. I went a-walkin' - Kris Jensen - 1962 15. Sugar booger - Marcus Brothers - 1958 16. Pretending - Johnny & the Jailbirds - 2000 17. Lookie lookie lookie - Derrell Felts - 1959 18. Tell me how - The Trashmen - 1966 19. I knew the bride - Dave Edmunds - 1977 20. Black Magic - Jericho Jones - 1959 21. T.T.B. (Truly truly baby) - Rich Roman - 1960 22. Blood, sweat & tears - The Rioters - 2002 23. One of these days - Ronnie Hawkins & the Hawks - 1959 24. Blue blue day - The King Drapes - 2003 25. Black cat - Tommy Collins - 1960 26. Foot tapper - The Shadows - 1963
Jack loves getting his e mail from listeners so if you have any future requests, comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND AND THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4704
From his studios in Bendigo, Victoria Australia Trevor is back this week with more great Rockabilly music. Trevor pays tribute to six Rockabilly Legends, Rip Master,Bill Harlan, Don Woody, Mac Curtis, Ray Campi & Royce Porter. Put on your rockin' shoes and LET'S BOP. Join me for a rockin' two part show.
PART 1 Rip Masters 01. Rockabilly Man - Rip Masters 02. Cat On The Keys - Rip Masters 03. I'm Movin' On - Rip Masters 04. Walk On You - Rip Masters 05. Let's Rock One More Time - Rip Masters 06. Hey, Hey, Little Girl - Rip Masters
Bill Harlan 07. I Ain't Elvis - Bill Harlan 08. T For Texas - Bill Harlan 09. I Wanna Bop - Bill Harlan 10. Teenage Jive - Bill Harlan 11. School House Rock - Bill Harlan
Don Woody 12. Make Like A Rock & Roll - Don Woody 13. Bird Dog - Don Woody 14. Morse Code - Don Woody 15. Not I - Don Woody 16. Red Blooded American Boy - Don Woody
PART 2 Mac Curtis 01. Grandaddy's Rockin' - Mac Curtis 02. Rockin' Mother - Mac Curtis 03. Goose Bumps - Mac Curtis 04. If I Had Me A Woman - Mac Curtis 05. Ducktail - Mac Curtis 06. Rollin' Rock - Mac Curtis 07.You Oughta' See Grandma Rock - Mac Curtis
Ray Campi 08. Caterpiller - Ray Campi 09. Play It Cool - Ray Campi 10. Rockabilly Lilly - Ray Campi 11. Tore Up - Ray Campi 12. Waffle Stompin' Mama - Ray Campi 13. You Don't Rock & Roll At All - Ray Campi 14. Burping The Baby - Ray Campi 15. I Want To Dance With You - Ray Campi 16. Rockabilly Man - Ray Campi
Royce Porter 17. Good Time - Royce Porter 18. A Woman Can Make You Blue - Royce Porter 19. I End Up Crying - Royce Porter 20. Lookin' - Royce Porter 21. Royce Porter - Late Great Friends 22. Party Party - Dean Beard 23. Rakin' & Scrapin' - Dean Beard 24. Go Go Heart - Ray Doggett 25. Whirlpool - Ray Doggett
Six Rockabilly Legends in a fantastic 2 part show and thank you so much Trevor! If you have any comments or G'days for Trevor you can reach him at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE & LINKS
============================================== Rock-it Radio show #4705 was pulled. Broadcast in error.
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4706.
Being just covered and surrounded by Doo Wop Vinyl! Pete Chaston is back this week with more great group harmony rock and roll. From the Silly Song Segment to the Scratchy 45's it's all here. Playlist is below.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Everyday of the Week-The Students (1958) 3. Mommy and Daddy-The Students (1957) 4. Hey, Senorita-The Dell-Vikings (1956 audition tape) 5. Tears in My Eyes-The Baltineers (1954) 6. I Remember-Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs (1961) 7. Stay- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs (1960) 8. Stay-The Four Seasons (1963 or '64) 9. Stay-Jackson Browne (1977) 10. I Wonder Who-The Fascinators (1958)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. The Ants Are Here-Chaston & Groditski (2003) 12. Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)-Vito & The Salutations (1964 or '65)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Merry-Go-Round-The Estelles (1959) 14. Daughter-The Blenders (1963) 15. Tell Me Why-The Belairs (1957) 16. No More Love-Vito & The Salutations (1964)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. The Stars Will Remember-The Buccaneers (1953) 18. I'll Never Let You Go-Frankie & The Fashions (xxxx) 19. Kingdom of Love-Pam & The Valentinos (1998) 20. You're Gonna Cry-The Blue Jays (1961)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Thinking of You-The Jaguars (1959) 22. I Love You, Darling-The Apollos (1959) 23. Foolish One-The Stompers (1961) 24. Thrill of Romance-The Gaytunes (1953) 25. Delores-The Five Willows (1953) 26. Oh What a Night-The Five Boroughs (2007)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Thanks Pete for another Doo Wop Set and if you have a future Doo Wop Request or a member of a amateur Doo Wop band and would like some airplay. Contact Pete at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4707
Dave is back this week with more memories of the 1960s with plenty of rarities and hits. Here is the playlist of what you will hear in show #4695.
1. Juice - Little Red Ryders 2. Let Me - Paul Revere & Raiders 3. Little Bit Of Soul - Little Darlings 4. Good Times - Sam Cooke 5. Kisses - Johnny Nash 6. Kiss Me Goodbye - Petula Clark 7. Love Boat - Karillions 8. Marryin' Kind Of Love - Critters 9. Be Mine - Fanatics 10.Carrie (You're An Angel) - Runarounds 11.He's A Nobody - Loose Ends 12.Devil In Her Heart - Beatles 13.You And Nothing More - Rita Da Costa 14.You Got My Mind Messed Up - James Carr 15.Gotta Find Her - Razors Edge 16.Coming On Strong - Nancy Wilcox 17.Ninety Nine And Half - Wilson Pickett 18.Is It All Over - Magicians 19.Desiree - Left Banke 20.Tried So Hard To Please Her - Knight Bros. (Discovery of Week) 21.Groovin With Mr. Bloe - Wind
Thanks Dave for the double header this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH Pt. 1 OF A TRIBUTE TO R&B GREAT AMOS MILBURN ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4708.
This show is part one of a two part examination of the music and influence of a largely over looked pioneer of R&B and hence Rock and Roll ... Amos Milburn. Amos Milburn combined the piano playing of a Pete Johnson along with vocal stylings of Big Joe Turner, Nat King Cole and Charles Brown to produce a sound that was distinctively his own. Influenced by Louis Jordan, Ivory Joe Hunter, Albert Ammons and of course Big Joe Turner he in turn influenced Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis and many others to come after him. Amos' career was hampered by his attraction to the bottle and his demise from the number one R&B performer of 1949 to the largely forgotten individual who died at 52 years of age in 1980 is dealt with throughout the shows.
The play list is as follow:
1. Shake Shake (Get Some Cake)-Amos Milburn 1956 2. Let's Rock Awhile-Amos Milburn 1950 3. Real Gone-Amos Milburn 1947 4. Thinking Of You Baby-Amos Milburn 1957 5. After Midnight-Amos Milburn 1946 6. Greyhound-Amos Milburn 1952 7. Hold Me Baby-Amos Milburn 1949 8. Down The Road Apiece-Amos Milburn 1946 9. Chicken Shack Boogie-Amos Milburn 1948 10. Bewildered-Amos Milburn 1948 11. Rhythm-Amos Milburn 1947 12. Real Pretty Mama-Amos Milburn 1949 13. Bad Bad Whiskey-Amos Milburn 1950 14. I'm Just A Fool In Love-Amos Milburn 1950 15. Thinking and Drinking-Amos Milburn 1950 16. One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer-Amos Milburn 1953 17. Walking Blues-Amos Milburn 1949 18. Trouble In Mind-Amos Milburn 1952 19. Juice Juice Juice-Amos Milburn 1956 20. Soft Pillow-Amos Milburn 1957 21. Stormy Weather-Amos Milburn 1952
Thank you Al for doing the tribute to Darlene Love and what a true talent she was! If you have some requests or comments you can write to al at: Cooldaddy@rockitradio.net
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4709
Rockin' Daddy O is back this week on Rock-it Radio with a totally fantastic set of songs of Doo Wop from the 50s and early 60s. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Lucky Me, I'm In Love-El Domingos 2. Lone Stranger-Denotations 3. Roaches-Court Jesters 4. Bing Bong-Silhouettes 5. All Night Long-Du Mauriers 6. Crazy Love-RoyalTones 7. Later For You Baby-Solitaires 8. It's Gonna Be All Right-Decoys 9. Kiss Me-Del Vikings 10. Jungle Fever-Grand Prees 11. Watusi Wussi Wo-TenderFoots 12. House Where Lovers Dream-Timetones 13. Hey Fine Mama-Henry Pierce & 5 Notes 14. Have Mercy Baby-James Brown & Famous Flames 15. (Shimmy Shimmy) Ko Ko Wop-El Capris 16. The Closer You Are-Magnificent Four 17. Foot Stompin'-Flares 18. Bila-Versatones 19. The Facts Of Love-Flourescents 20. Who Cares About Love-Nobletones 21. I'm So In Love-Roxy & Day Chords 22. She Won't Let Me Rock-Redondos 23. Why Why-Extraordinaires 24. I Could Love You-Sons Of Saint Rocco 25. The Stars-Ocapellas
Thank you again Daddy O for another set of Rockin' Group Harmony Doo Wop. If you have a request or comment you can reach Rockin' Daddy O at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4710
Cool Bobby B & The Doo Wop Stop show - The #1 Doo Wop show Worldwide is archived right here on Rock-it Radio. Great Doo Wop with the excellent delivery of Cool Bobby B. Here is this week's Playlist.
Unfortunately due to a computer glitch I can't download the playlist of Cool Bobby B's show. But if you love Doo Wop you know you will love this show.
If you have a Doo Wop Request or comment on Cool Bobby B's show or just to say hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4711 - NEW JERSEY ROCKABILLY
"REGIONAL ROUND -UP # 11 - NEW JERSEY PT 1".
Spinning Rock Boogie is back with another in the series, "Regional Round-Up" where a particular State of America is featured with some of the record labels from out of that State, the towns and cities where those labels were situated, and of course, the artists who recorded on them. This show features the State of New Jersey with some rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 50's and 60's. So, climb aboard the Rocket, sit back, buckle up, and enjoy a trip to the State of New Jersey.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Crackerjack - Janis Martin (58) RCA-Victor - Camden 03. Bye Bye - The Duals (59) ARC - Elizabeth 04. Shrum (instrumental) - Floyd Cramer (65) RCA-Victor - Camden 05. That's Rock And Roll - Johnny Rivers (64) Guest Star - Newark 06. Doggone Baby Doggone - Donnie Boyd (58) Dart - Fairlawn 07. Ice Cream Baby - Frank Triolo (58) Flagship - Redwood 08. Twistin' With You - Dave Osborn (61) Milo - Harrison 09. Kissin' Cousins - Elvis Presley (64) RCA-Victor - Camden 10. You're The Apple Of My Eye - The Four Lovers (56) RCA-Victor - Camden 11. Hey Stella - The Crew Cuts (58) RCA-Victor - Camden 12. Greens Rock (instrumental) - The Boppin' Billies (61) Morpic - Woodstown 13. Stuck Up - Emil Spak & The Encores + The Plazas (60's) WGW - Somerville 14. Don't Bug Me Baby - Milton Allen (57) RCA-Victor - Camden 15. Now Stop - Martha Carson (57) RCA-Victor - Camden 16. Nobody Cares - Baby Washington (61) Neptune - Newark 17. Careless Love - The Four Tunes (49) RCA-Victor - Camden 18. Summer In New York - The Five Satins (71) RCA-Victor - Camden 19. The Boy Most Likely - The Concords (61) RCA-Victor - Camden 20. Let's Give Love Another Chance - deke Watson & His Brown Dots (45) Manor - Newark 21. Suzie Q I Love You - Bob & Joe (61) A - Elizabeth 22. Having Fun - The Bobbettes (66) RCA-Victor - Camden 23. The Shack - The Arabians (60) Twin Star - Fairlawn 24. Telephone Baby - Werly Fairburn (57) Savoy - Newark 25. TV Commercial - Johnny Parker (60's) CT - Madison 26. Money Honey - Sheila Gernon (59) Cool - Harrison 27. Paramount Rock - The Paramounts (60) Pam - Jersey City 28. I'm Gonna Knock On Your Door - The Isley Brothers (59) RCA-Victor 29. Mad At Love - The Temptations (58) Savoy - Newark 30. Full Time Lover - Libby Dean (57) Savoy - Newark 31. Outro - Medley
Thank you DJ Spinning Rock for another great segment of the Country Round Up show. If you have a traditional country request or comment or would just like to say hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== BILL GREEN ROCK AND ROLL RETRO SHOW WITH A HALLOWEEN SPECIAL ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4712
A full moon. Howling wolves. Terrified screams. It's that magical time of year when Rock-it D J Bill Green brings you his annual Halloween Spooktacular. Rock-it Radio is proud to present a program loaded with ghosts, ghouls, goblins and ghastly good music. Check out this playlist!
1) The Shadow Knows - The Coasters (1958) 2) What Could It Be - The Persuaders (1959) 3) Ghost Town - Ray Johnson Trio (1955) 4) Got My Mojo Working - Muddy Waters (1956) 5) Castin' My Spell - Johnny Otis Show (1959) 6) I Put A Spell On You - Screami' Jay Hawkins (1956) 7) Love Potion # 9 - The Clovers (1959) 8) In The Misty Moonlight - Jerry Wallace (1964) 9) Swamp Witch - Jim Stafford (1973) 10) Witch Doctor - David Saville (1958) 11) Don't Scream (It's Only Halloween) 1996) 12) Frankenstein Of '59 (parts 1 & 2) - Buchanon & Goodman (1959) 13) Born Under A Bad Sign - Paul Butterfield Blues Band (1967) 14) Peculiar Feeling - Nick Moss & The Flip Tops (2008) 15) Haunted House - Hansil Adkins (1987) 16) Midnight Stroll - The Revels (1959) 17) Monster Mash - Bobby 'Boris' Pickett (1962) 18) Sinner's Dream - Eugene Fox (1954) 19) Two Headed Woman - Junior Wells (1957) 20) Laurie (Strange Things Happen) - Dicky Lee (1965) 21) Old Devil Moon - Frank Sinatra (1963) 22) Dolly Dagger - Jimi Hendrix (1971)
Thanks Bill for this year's Spooktacular! If you have any questions, comments or would just like to say hello! You can reach Bill at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES BACK IN TIME SHOW WITH A ROCK N ROLL OUTERSPACE INVASION SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4713
ROCK 'N ROLL "OUTER SPACE" INVASION featuring Cult Child Star JIMMY HUNT of the Sci-Fi Classic INVADERS FROM MARS (1953)
Here is Outer Space Rock-A-Billy and Out of This World Surf Music with Jimmy Hunt of PITFALL (1948) with Dick Powell, SORRY, WRONG NUMBER (1949) with Burt Lancaster AND THE CLASSIC FRIGHT FEST. of INVADER FROM MARS!!!!! Here is the playlist.
1) BLAST OFF - THE TYRONES (1958) Plan 9 From Outer Space - Trailer (1959) 2) WAR OF THE SATELLITES - THE VENTURES (1964) 3) X-15 - JOHNNY BOND (1960) Jimmy Hunt #1 - Talking about "Pitfall" (1948) 4) MAN FROM MARS - BUTCH PAULSON (1961) 5) TRIP TO THE MOON - WESLEY REYNOLDS (1957) Jimmy Hunt #2 - Talk about "Invaders From Mars" Invaders From Mars - Trailer (1953) 6) FIRST MAN ON MARS - JACK FUTHEREE (1957) 7) MARTIAN SURF - JERRY COLE & THE SPACEMEN (1963) 8) THE BOPPIN' MARTIAN GIBO - DICK ROBINSON & HIS MAKE BELIEVERS (1959) Jimmy Hunt #3 - Which version does he like? The American or the British Version. 9) SPACESHIP LIFE - BLACKIE JENKINS (1967) 10) OTHER LIMITS - THE MARKETTS (1964) It Came From Outer Space - Trailer (1953) 11) CREATURE FROM OUTER SPACE - SONNY DAY & THE TONY RAY TRIO (1957) 12) ROCK OLD SPUTNIK - NELSON YOUNG (1958) 13) OUR FAVORITE MARTIAN - BOBBY FULLER AND THE FRANTICS (1964) Blood Beast From Outer Space - Trailer (British) 14) SATELLITE FEVER, ASIATIC FLU - LONNIE MILEY (1958) 15) MOOPE ITTY MOPE - THE BOSS TONES (1959) (They are NOT The Mighty Mighty Bosstones!!!) Church Sermon (In support of Flying Saucers - sort of!!!) Robot Monster - Trailer (1953) 16) OUT OF LIMITS - THE MARKETTS (1964) Jimmy Hunt #5 - Is the 1986 remake of INVADERS OF MARS worth viewing? The Astro Zombies - Trailer (1969) 17) THE FOURTH DIMENSION - THE VENTURES (1964) 18) PLANETARY RUN - JOE MONTGOMERY (1957)
Thanks Mel for a show that is out of this world! If you have any requests or comments for Mel you can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
ROCK-IT RADIO GIVEAWAY FOR THE REMAINDER OF OCTOBER! Last month sadly Rock-it Radio recorded it's worse month of sales all year. And our coffers are getting dangerously low. So, we are including with every order from October 8th to October 31st. From our archives a Mad Daddy Pete Myers broadcast from 1963 over WINS New York City. Pete Myers was the DJ that replaced Alan Freed after the Payola scandal in 1959. With a completely manic and hip delivery of the hits of the day. This classic broadcast will be yours with your purchase of Rock-it radio webpages.
These vintage broadcasts we sell 100% goes to Rock-it Radio and it's costs to bring you these shows. And is a bonus in our way to say thank you for supporting us.
These shows of the 50s thru the 70s is a great way to remember or learn how radio was back then. And enjoy the great music as well. They are called airchecks and we have a page about collecting them at: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
SEPTEMBER END OF THE MONTH WINNERS ANNOUNCED
FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS.
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
============================================== DO YOU ENJOY POPCORN -- WE DO -- ROCK-IT RADIO HELPS WITH SCOUTING CAMPAIGN IN MONTH OF OCTOBER.
Help Rock-it Radio give to Scouting! And enjoy some popcorn at the same time! This
October Rock-it Radio is helping our local Cub Scout Troop by giving to
the link here. Another nice option they have is you can send Popcorn to
our troops as well. Here is the link ...
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from October 8, 2013 to
October 22, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SS BBYO -- Portland, Oregon USA Keith Baxter -- Sussex, United Kingdom Gary Martin -- Auckland, New Zealand Anthony Revernis -- Chevy Chase, Maryland USA Diane Traw -- LaVerne, California, USA Peter Chase -- Crossville, Tennessee USA Jeff Crew -- Tallahassee, Florida USA
And 12 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 29 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,236 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 10/22/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 2. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 3. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 6. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 7. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 8. RIR #486 -- Emperor Rosko - Radio Caroline (UK Pirate) 1/16/1967 9. RIR #270 -- Buddy Holly Tribute Broadcast over BBC 1959 10. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor, Ontario 7/12/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 10/22/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Mexico +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +0 5. Brazil +0 6. France +0 7. Germany +0 8. Spain +0 9. Philippines +0 10. Australia +0 11. Hungary +0 12. Netherlands +0 13. Italy +1 14. Argentina -1 15. Japan +1 16. Sweden -1 17. Peru +0 18. Russia +1 19. Colombia -1 20. Chile +1 21. Switzerland +2 22. Belgium -2 23. Dominican Republic +1 24. Finland -3 25. Ireland +1 26. South Africa -1 27. Saudi Arabia +1 28. Indonesia +13 29. India +3 30. Greece -4 31. Guatemala -2 32. Bolivia +2 33. Poland -7 34. Czech Republic -1 35. Thailand +6 36. New Zealand -1 37. Denmark -1 38. Uruguay -3 39. Norway -7 40. Hong Kong -3 41. Serbia +1 42. Panama +3 43. Austria +0 44. Turkey +8 45. Paraguay +3 46. Israel +9 47. Ukraine -2 48. Portugal +2 49. United Arab Emirates -12 50. Costa Rica -4
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Florida +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. New Jersey +0 7. Virginia +2 8. Ohio +0 9. North Carolina +2 10. Maryland +3 11. Illinois -4 12. Massachusetts +2 13. Washington -3 14. Indiana -2 15. Georgia +1 16. Tennessee +1 17. Michigan -2 18. Arizona +2 19. Alabama +0 20. Missouri -2 21. Colorado +3 22. Rhode Island +4 23. Wisconsin +0 24. Kentucky -4 25. Nevada +4 26. Kansas -4 27. Louisiana +4 28. South Carolina -1 29. West Virginia +3 30. Oregon +0 31. Connecticut -9 32. Iowa +2 33. Minnesota -6 34. Delaware +1 35. Nebraska +3 36. Arkansas -2 37. New Hampshire -5 38. Oklahoma +2 39. Mississippi +2 40. Utah -2 41. Hawaii +1 42. Idaho +1 43. Maine -4 44. Wyoming +6 45. New Mexico -1 46. Montana +2 47. District of Columbia -1 48. Vermont +1 49. North Dakota -3 50. South Dakota -3 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!