As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Friday, January 10, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4749 to #4761
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4749 TO #4761
Happy 2014 everybody!!!! Rock-it Radio has entered it's 19th year online and on the air. We hope the new year for all of our listeners are nothing short of fantastic! We have 13 shows with playlists in this newsletter along with some names pulled for prizes + more!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4749 From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. Besides music from the USA we also have 12 songs from Brazil, Norway, the UK, the Netherlands, Sweden, Finland and Croatia. One of the songs is in the Swedish language. So, turn up the volume and enjoy the ride.
1. Move it baby - Simon Scott & the Le Roys - 1964 2. Keep a lovin' me baby - Melvin Endsley - 1957 3. Cruising down route V8 - Hank Sundown & the Roaring Cascades - 2011 4. Beulah Lee - Jody Reynolds - 1959 5. In the still of the night - Jack Jersey - 1974 6. Playboy - Bob Denton - 1958 7. Eddie Cochran - Crazy Legs - 2003 8. Let's make a habbit of this - Johnny Lion & the Jumping Jewels - 1963 9. Do you want to dance - Bobby Freeman - 1958 10. Inte alls som dom - Eva Eastwood - 2012 11. My minds made up - The Renowns - 1961 12. Maybe baby - The Sparkletones - 1957 13. Maybe baby - Billy Fury - 1984 14. Drive-in - Mack Vickery - 1957 15. Rock 'n' Roll for a dime - Adam & his Nuclear Rockets - 2006 16. I'm gonna play the piano (when old Jerry Lee's gone) - 3-M Machine - 1969 17. Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Mike Lorentz & the Rockin' Devils - 1993 18. I'm gonna look for you - Jackie Terrell - 1958 19. Cuddle lovin' doll - Charley & Junior - 1958 20. Teddyboy ridin' around - King Drapes - 2003 21. Betty Jean - Skip & Flip - 1958 22. It's all over - The Galaxies - 1961 23. Every single time - Micke Muster - 2002 24. All a your love - The Nighthawks - 1958 25. Hot skip and jump - The King Brothers - 1959 26. Rockin' the guitar - Jay Brown & the Jets - 1960
Jack loves getting e mail with comments and suggestions along with all the dj's here at Rock-it Radio. So, if you have any requests etc. you can write to him at: email@example.com
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4750
It's time again to revisit the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio on this week's Memory Lane Show. Join host Lane Quigley for two dozen great but rare sounds from the 50's and 60's. As always, the show includes a number of fascinating sound bites with the backstories behind the recordings from the folks who created the music -- indluding the stories of the creation of "Louie Louie", the first recording for Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, a lawsuit accusing Curtis Mayfield of copyright infringement, a song inspired by an encounter on a boardwalk, an early example of multi-tracking, and more.
1. You Bug Me, Baby - Larry Williams 1957 2. Trouble - Elvis Presley 1958 SOUND BITE 3. Has Anybody Seen My Boyfriend? - The Angels 1963 4. Devil With a Blue Dress - Shorty Long 1964 5. She Felt Too Good - Jimmy McCracklin 1953 SOUND BITE 6. Louie Louie - Richard Berry 1957 7. Make The Night a Little Longer - The Palisades 1963 8. If My Pillow Could Talk - The Edsels 1962 SOUND BITE 9. Betty In Bermudas - The Dovells 1963 10. Farmer John - Don & Dewey 1959 11. Fool's Paradise - The Crickets 1958 SOUND BITES 12. Got a Job - The Miracles 1958 13. Grumblin' Fussin' Nag Nag - Willie Harper 1964 14. Crawlin' - The Clovers 1953 SOUND BITE 15. Can't Satisfy - The Impressions 1966 16. Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmie Shaw 1964 17. You're Not The Guy For Me - Ernestine Anderson 1963 SOUND BITE 18. I Believe To My Soul - Ray Charles 1959 19. Pigtails and Blue Jeans - Leonard Chick Carbo 1958 20. Boppin' The Blues - Carl Perkins 1956 21. A Little Too Much - Clarence 'Frogman' Henry 1961 SOUND BITE 22. In The Still of The Night - The Five Satins 1956 23. Ruler of My Heart - Irma Thomas 1963 24. Don't Ask Me To Be Lonely - The Dubs 1957
Thanks Lane for another Great Rockin' Show. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== ROCKABILLY RHYTHM SHOW WITH TED LOUKES FROM SOUTH AFRICA ON SHOW #4751
Hi Everybody - another slab of the known and not so well known rockin' tunes from the vaults way down in sunny South Africa. Rockabilly news is that South Africa just had its first official rockabilly festival complete with bands, classic cars, hot rods as well as roller derby, clothes, tattoos and yours truly playing a selection of crazy cat music from way back when to right up now. Roll on the next one!
01 Brand New Rock And Roll Curly Sanders 1957 02 Teenage Rebel Arthur Smith & His Crackerjacks 1957 03 Bop Man Bop Doug Amerson & His Dude Cowboys 1955 04 Honey, You Talk Too Much Orville Fox 1959 05 Curfew Cops Sonny Cole 1957 06 Have You Heard The Gossip Charlie Brown 1955 07 Cat Daddy Jimmy Johnson 1956 08 The Big Bounce Shirley Caddell 1962 09 Bright Red Convertible Chuck Miller 1956 10 Life Begins At 4 O'Clock Tooter Boatman ? 11 Wild Wild Party Darryl Vincent 1959 12 Rhythm Rock Bobby & Rhythm Rockers 1963 13 If I Had Me A Woman Blacky Vale 1958 14 Mixed Up Rhythm & Blues Johnny Taylor 1956 15 Put Your Cat Clothes On Carl Perkins 1957 16 Tongue Tied Jill Charlie Feathers 1956 17 Yakety Yak Esquire Trio 1955 18 Gonna Shake This Shack Tonight Sid King & The Five Strings 1956 19 Sixteen Chicks Joe Clay 1956 20 Blue Days, Black Nights Buddy Holly 1956 21 Crazy, Man, Crazy Bill Haley 1953 22 Maybellene Chuck Berry 1955 23 My Buckets Got A Hole In It Sonny Burgess 1958 24 Crawdad Song Red Moore & His Rhythm Drifters 1960 25 Luther Played The Boogie Johnny Cash 1956 26 Just Because Elvis Presley 1954
Thanks Ted that is exciting news about the first Rockabilly festival in South Africa. If you have any questions or comments or would just like to say hello to Ted you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4752
Papa Walt is back this week with his show of hit memories of the 70s. This edition of Papa Walt's Oldies Show is featuring break-up songs that will make you either want to get out your crying towel or throttle your punching bag. Get ready for heartaches by the score.
PLAYLIST - Papa Walt's Oldies Show (#1) - Breakup Songs
1. The Breakup Song - The Greg Kihn Band (1981) 2. The One Who Really Loves You - Mary Wells (1961) 3. Since I Don't Have You - The Skyliners (1959) 4. You're Gonna Miss Me - The Thirteenth Floor Elevators (1966) 5. What's a Matter Baby - Timi Yuro (1962) 6. Stand Tall - Burton Cummings (1976) 7. Take Good Care of My Baby - Bobby Vee (1961) 8. Letter Full of Tears - Gladys Knight and the Pips (1961) 9. Don't Think Twice It's Alright - Bob Dylan (1963) 10. Just a Little - The Beau Brummels (1965) 11. I Had Too Much to Dream - The Electric Prunes (1966) 12. Crying in the Rain - The Everly Brothers (1962) 13. A Little Bit of Soap - The Jarmels (1961) 14. We've Got to Get It On Again - The Addrisi Brothers (1972) 15. Goodnight, Goodnight - Ellie Greenwich (1967) 16. Little Girl - Syndicate of Sound (1966) 17. I'm Gonna Be Strong - Gene Pitney (1964) 18. Adios - Linda Ronstadt (1989) 19. Operator - Jim Croce (1972) 20. One More Minute - Weird Al Yankovic (1985) 21. Red Rubber Ball - The Cyrkle (1966) 22. Without You - Nilsson (1971) 23. Love the One You're With - Stephen Stills (1970)
Do you have a 70s song that you want to hear on Rock-it Radio? Or would like to send comments or suggestions to Walt you can reach him at: Codebro@earthlink.net
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR WITH BATTLE OF THE SEXES IN SHOW #4753
"Battle of the Sexes" - No holds barred...guys and gals go head to head in this show, giving us their own unique renditions of some great rocking tunes...
1. Trouble - Elvis Presley (Live) 1958 2. Trouble - Jackie Shannon 1959 3. Whole Lotta Shaking Going On - Huelyn Duvall Unissued 4. Whole Lotta Shaking Going On - Sheree Scott & Her Melody Rockers w/The Thompson Sisters 1963 5. Mean Woman Blues - Glen Glenn (Live) 1957 6. Mean Man Blues - Jackie Whitley & The Red Coats 1961 7. Shake, Rattle & Roll - Elvis Presley (Live) 1955 8. Shake, Rattle & Roll - Patsy Cline (Live) 1958 9. North To Alaska - Johnny Horton (Alternate Take) 1959 10. North To Alaska - Rose Maddox w/The Maddox Brothers 1960 11. Razzle Dazzle - Cliff Richard & The Shadows (Live) 1958 12. Razzle Dazzle - Ella Mae Morse 1955 13. Oh Boy! - Jackie De Shannon 1964 14. Oh Boy! - Tommy & The Tom-toms Unissued 15. Rock A My Soul - Martha Carson 1957 16. Rock A My Soul - Lonnie Donegan 1960 17. I Gotta Go Get My Baby - Rose Maddox w/The Maddox Brothers 1955 18. I Gotta Go Get My Baby - Marvin Rainwater 1955 19. Hello Baby - Helen Hall Unissued 20. Hello Baby - Bob Luman Unissued 21. Any Way You Do - Linda Brannon 1959 22. Any Way You Do - Roy Wayne 1957 23. Long Tall Sally - Barbara Greene 1964 24. Long Tall Sally - Charlie Gracie (Live) 1957
Have a rockabilly request?? I bet Mike Taylor could fill it! You can e mail him with comments and hellos at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== KEN STRANGE COUNTRY ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4754
Ken Strange brings you another "Country Record Round-Up" with Country music right across the board from the 1940's through to the 1990's, including 6 former Country No 1's. So strap yourselves in on the Rocket and join me for a round up... A Country Record Round-Up that is.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Your Tip's On The Table Mable - Boxcar Willie (86) Castle Communications 03. Swingin' Doors - George Jones (67) Starday 04. Coca Cola Cowboy - Mel Tillis (79) MCA (Country # 1) 05. Letter To Heaven - Dolly Parton (71) RCA-Victor 06. If I Could Make A Living - Clay Walker (94) Giant (Country # 1) 07. 'Cause I Have You - Wynn Stewart (67) Capitol 08. Let Me Be The One - Hank Locklin (53) 4 Star 09. Ozark Mountain Lullaby - Tammy Wynette (80) Epic 10. I Run To You - Marty Stuart & Connie Smith (10) Sugar Hill 11. Please Be My Love - George Jones & Melba Montgomery (64) Columbia 12. As Soon As I Hang Up The Phone - Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty (74) MCA (Country # 1) 13. Wild Montana Skies - Emmylou Harris & John Denver (90) Reprise 14. Burnin' Up With Love - Eddie Rabbitt (84) Mercury 15. Tulsa Time - Don Williams (78) ABC (Country # 1 in 79) 16. Whoa Sailor - Hank Thompson (46) Globe 17. You Tied A Love Knot In My Heart - The Carter Family (41) RCA-Victor 18. Birmingham Jail - Slim Whitman (69) RCA-Victor 19. I Saw The Light - Hank Williams Snr (48) MGM 20. I Told You Once - Jack Guthrie (46) Capitol 21. How Can I Face Tomorrow - Patsy Cline (60) Decca 22. Coal Miner's Daughter - Loretta Lynn (69) Decca (Country # 1 in 70) 23. This Time - Dwight Yoakam (92) Reprise 24. hello Walls - Faron Young (61) Capitol (Country # 1) 25. Truck Drivin' Man - Terry Fell & The Fellas (54) RCA-X 26. Little Deisel driving Devil - Don Bowman (65) RCA 27. Let's Truck Together - Kenny Price (74) RCA 28. Outro - Medley
If you have any requests, comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4755 - TRIBUTE TO FLOYD DIXON.
This week, "Juke In The Back" features another unsung hero of early Rhythm & Blues, Floyd Dixon. He's often overlooked or labeled as a Charles Brown sound-alike, but Dixon was a prolific songwriter who made a great contribution to the R&B foundation of Rock n' Roll. After meeting his piano/singing idol, Charles Brown, Dixon hooked up with Eddie Williams, who had played bass in Brown's group, Johnny Moore's Three Blazers. They had several hits together before Dixon himself was asked to join The Three Blazers, after Brown went solo. As a solo artist, Dixon is remembered for his top 10 R&B hits "Sad Journey Blues" and "Call Operator 210," but his most enduring song is "Hey Bartender," which he cut in 1954 for Cat Records. It was revived in the late '70s by The Blues Brothers and remains a classic to this day. Dixon recorded for Swingtime, Supreme, Modern, Aladdin, Specialty and many more influential independent labels. Matt The Cat digs up his finest platters, while also highlighting a 2006 interview with Dixon that was recorded shortly before his death at age 77. Dig on "Mr. Magnificent," Floyd Dixon on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Houston Jump - Floyd Dixon w/ Eddie Williams Trio - Swingtime 1948 3. You Need Me Now - Floyd Dixon w/ Eddie Williams & His Brown Buddies - Supreme 1948 4. Floyd Dixon Interview #1 5. Dallas Blues - Floyd Dixon - Modern 1949 6. Mississippi Blues - Floyd Dixon Trio - Modern 1949 7. Sad Journey Blues - Floyd Dixon & His Orch - Peacock 1950 8. Telephone Blues - Floyd Dixon w/ Johnny Moore's Three Blazers Feat: Oscar Moore- Aladdin 1950 9. Real Lovin' Mama - Floyd Dixon w/ Johnny Moore's Three Blazers Feat: Oscar Moore - Aladdin 1950 10. Rockin' At Home - Floyd Dixon & His Band - Aladdin 1951 11. Floyd Dixon Interview #2 12. Call Operator 210 - Floyd Dixon - Aladdin 1952 13. GREAT 78 - Broken Hearted - Eddie Williams & His Brown Buddies - Supreme 1949 14. Wine, Wine, Wine - Floyd Dixon - Aladdin 1952 15. Hard Living Alone - Floyd Dixon - Specialty 1953 16. Floyd Dixon Interview #3 17. Hey Bartender - Floyd Dixon Band - Cat 1954 18. That'll Get it - Floyd Dixon - Modern 1949 19. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
If you have any future requests or comments to Matt the Cat you can reach him at: Mattthecat@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4756
THE "HOLIDAY" ROCK 'N ROLL TRIVIA SHOW
A special gift for you from Mel on Trivia you can use. Light trivia on Elvis, The Marvellettes, The Moonglows and more. Serious thoughts on Michael Jackson, Ricky Nelson and The Supremes.
1) I WANT YOU BACK - THE JACKSON FIVE (Mono Mix) 2) IT'S GONNA TURN OUT FINE - IKE AND TINA TURNGER 3) BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY - RICKY NELSON (Single Mix) 4) PLEASE MR. POSTMAN - THE MARVELLETTES (Alternative Version) 5) ONE-SIDED LOVE AFFAIR - ELVIS PRESLEY 6) MY BOY LOLLIPOP - MILLIE SMALL 7) DON'T WORRY - MARTY ROBBINS 8) THE 2,000 POUND BEE (PART 1) - THE VENTURES 9) ROCKET 88 - JACKIE BRENSTON & THE DELTA CATS 10) YESTERDAY'S GONE - CHAD & JEREMY 11) THE LOVE I SAW IN YOU WAS JUST A MIRAGE - SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES 12) REFLECTIONS - THE SUPREMES 13) BOOT LEG - BOOKER T. & THE M.G.'S 14) THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LOVE - THE MOONGLOWS (First Version) 15) THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LOVE - THE MOONGLOWS (Final Mix Version) 16) THE 2,000 POUND BEE (PART 2) - THE VENTURES (Original 45 Version)
Thanks Mel for another Rockin' Segment of the Back in Time show. If you would like to write to Mel with any requests, or comments or hellos you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4757
Some great Rockabilly is ready to be heard right here on Rock-it Radio with Jackie Bond from his studios in the UK. Here is this week's playlist when you click to listen to show #4757. Voice over artist and Rockabilly filly Meni Rogers, the gal with a hundred voices, joins Jackie Bond with some of her favourite rockabilly tracks
1. Rock n Roll Ruby - Johnny Carroll The Original Guys 2. Good Rockin' Tonight - Elvis Presley 3. Honey Hush - Johnny Burnette 4. Pink Peg Slacks - Eddie Cochran 5. Rockin' By Myself - Sammy Gowans 6. Flying Saucers Rock n Roll - Billy Lee Riley 7. Put Your Cat Clothes On - Carl Perkins Best Of UK Today 8. Catty Town - Good Rockin' Tonight 9. Time Keeps Movin' On - The Firebirds 10. Dynamo - Si Cranstoun 11. Kissing Bug Boogie - The Doel Brothers 12. Long Time Dead - Jack Rabbit Slim 13. Hep To The Boogie - Mario Bradley Best Of UK Yesterday 14. Got That Magic - Sandy Ford's Flying Saucers 15. Cutie Named Judie - Johnny And The Roccos 16. Buzz Buzz A Diddle It - Matchbox Rockabilly Fillies 17. Roll On Clickety Clack - Linda Gail Lewis 18. Hot Chicks And Cool Cats - Eva Eastwood 19. His Rockin' Little Angel - Rosie Flores 20. Burnin' - Rockin' Bonnie 21. Don't Lie To Me - Mary Ann And The Ragtime Wranglers The New Guys 22. Rock You All Night Long - James G Creighton 23. I Like It Like That - Bo Walton UK Legend 24. Turn My Back On You - Billy Fury Goodnight Everyone 25. Good Night My Love - Jessie Belvin.
Some great stuff there to keep you Rockin'! And quite an honour to have Mini Rogers on the Rock-it! If you would like to write to Jackie Bond you can by reaching him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== CHECK OUT OUR ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY LINKS PAGE AT:
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A ROCKABILLY / HILLBILLY TRIBUTE TO JIMMY & JOHNNY ON SHOW #4758
This show is part one of a two part series that pays tribute to the little known Country and Rockabilly Duo Jimmy and Johnny aka Jimmy Lee Fautheree and Country Johnny Mathis. Not to be confused with the hugely popular Pop Johnny Mathis. They recorded off and on as a duo between 1953 and 1961. Interestingly, the Johnny of Jimmy & Johnny changed from time
to time even though the name of the duo did not. These different
Johnnies are heard as well throughout the show(s). As well both Jimmy
Lee Fautheree and Country Johnny Mathis had solo careers before during
and after their musical partnership. Their solo careers will be examined as the two shows unfold. The play list is as follows:
1. My Little Baby-Jimmy and Johnny(Mathis) 1958 2. I'm Beginning to Remember-Jimmy and Johnny(Mathis) 1954 3. Knock on Wood-Jimmy and Johnny(Mathis) 1961 4. The Fun Is Over-Jimmy and Johnny (Mathis) 1955 5. If You Don't Somebody Else Will-Jimmy and Johnny(Mathis) 1953 (on Feature ) 1954 (on Chess) 6. Can't You Wont You-Jimmy and Johnny (Mathis) 1955 7. Love Me-Jimmy and Johnny(Wayne Walker) 1955) 8. Sweet Love On My Mind-Jimmy and Johnny(Lynn Fautheree) 1956 9. Sweet Singing Daddy-Jimmy and Johnny(Lynn Fautheree) 1956 10. What 'Cha Doin' To Me-Jimmy and Johnny(Lynn Fautheree) 1957 11. I'll Do It Every Time-Jimmy and Johnny(Lynn Fautheree) 1957 12. Here Comes My Baby-Jimmy and Johnny( Mathis) 1956 13. Keep Telling Me-Jimmy and Johnny( Mathis) 1958 14. I Can't Find The Doorknob-Jimmy and Johnny( Mathis) 1958 15. I Ain't Worried About Tomorrow-Jimmy and Johnny(Mathis) 1958 16. Look What Love Will Do-Jimmy and Johnny Mathis) 1958 17. Nobody Knows Where You Go-Jimmy and Johnny( Mathis) 1961 18. Baby Its Love-Johnny Angel (aka Jimmy Lee Fautheree) 1958 19. Teen-Age Wedding-Johnny Angel (aka Jimmy Lee Fautheree) 1958 20. Box Full OF Git-Jimmy Lee Fautheree 1966 21. Dream World-Country Johnny Mathis 1951 22. From A Kiss To The Blues-Country Johnny Mathis 1959
I must say Al never heard of this duo! But reminds me of something my father would listen to on KWTO (Keep Watch in the Ozarks) in Springfield, Mo. back then in the early 50s. Great stuff. If you have any comments, you can write to Al at: email@example.com
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW DOUBLE FEATURE IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4759
Dave is back this week with more Rockin' Tunes from the 60s. Some are very rare and some are sure to spark a memory! It's a double feature this week and we are sure happy to air this show on Rock-it Radio!
1. Last Night - Mar-Keys 2. Rock and Roll - Velvet Underground 3. I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore - Young Rascals 4. Wait A Minute - Barbara Stephens 5. In the Midnight Hour - Wurds 6. Let's Work Together - Canned Heat 7. You, I - Rugbys 8. What Love Can Do- Broadway Express 9. Things Are Changing - Relatives 10. Ain't Too Proud To Bed - Temptations 11.Don't Walk Away - Little Carl Carlton 12.Some Of Your Lovin - Dusty Springfield 13.You Got Me High - New Order 14.Kicks - Paul Revere & Raiders 15.Look What You're Doing To Me Baby - Rationals 16.Stop Running Around Baby - Distant Cousins 17.Open Up Your Door - Richard & the Young Lions
1. Desert Tramp - Nomads 2. Cool Breeze - Gerald Sims 3. I Say That's Allright - Roosevelt Jones 4. Something's Got A Hold On Me - Etta James 5. She Lied - Six Pents 6. So What - Lyrics 7. Shapes Of Things - Yardbirds 8. Count Everything - Timi Yuro 9. Funny Man - Jerry Tawney 10.Tracks of My Tears - Miracles 11.Someday I'll Get Over You - Johnny Durain 12.It Seemed Like Heaven To Me - Elmore Morris 13.Broken Promises - Del Shannon 14.Call Me - Dave Gordon & the Reb-Tides 15.I Call My Baby STP - Del-Vetts 16.Your Love - Lewis Reed 17.From Head To Toe - Chris Clark 18.Look At The Girl - Otis Redding 19.Don't Laugh At Me - Howlin Wolf 20.Little Girl - Giant Crab (Discovery of Week) 21.Secret Agent Man - Ventures
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4760.
Being just covered and surrounded by Doo Wop Vinyl! Pete Chaston is back this week with more great group harmony rock and roll. From the Silly Song Segment to the Scratchy 45's it's all here. Playlist is below.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Lookin' for My Baby-The Earls (1961) 3. Lookin' for My Baby-The Doo-Wop All-Stars (xxxx) 4. Yes, Oh Baby, Yes-The Laddins (1959) 5. Teardrops in the Night-The Arabians (1961) 6. Buzz Buzz A-Diddle-It-Freddy Cannon (1961) 7, Loved Her the Whole Night Through (1961) 8. Dance-The Chessmen (mid 1960s) 9. Untrue-The Crows (1954) 10. I Have a Boyfriend-The Chiffons (1963)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Mountain of Love-The Muppets (xxxx) 12. Don't Eat the Yellow Snow-Frank Zappa (1984)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. The Honeydripper (1956 or '57 version)- Joe Liggins & The Honeydrippers (1956 or '57) 14. The Honeydripper (live)-Joe Liggins (1985) 15. Happiness-The Elegants (xxxx) 16. Learning the Game-The Galls-Tones (1994)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Down in Mexico-The Nutmegs (1955) 18. White Cliffs of Dover-The Checkers (xxxx) 19. Ding Dong Teenage Bells-The Crystalairs from Germany) (1990) 20. 'Cause You're Mine-The G-Clefs (1956)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. My Imagination-Jordan & The Fascinations (1961) 22. If You Were the Only Girl in the World-The Castelles (1954) 23. My Heart is Sad-The Channels (1959) 24. High on a Hill-The Marcels (1975) 25. Kiss Me-The Scarlets (1955) 26. The Honeymoon-The Solitaires (1956) 27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Thanks Pete for another Doo Wop Set and if you have a future Doo Wop Request or a member of a amateur Doo Wop band and would like some airplay. Contact Pete at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4761
Cool Bobby B & The Doo Wop Stop show - The #1 Doo Wop show Worldwide is archived right here on Rock-it Radio. Great Doo Wop with the excellent delivery of Cool Bobby B. Here is this week's Playlist.
Part I 1. Rock with the Clock -- Shirley and Lee 2. I lost my baby -- The Darvels 3. You were mine -- The Fireflies 4. Who do you love -- Philly Cuzz 5. It's good to me -- The Ospreys 6. No One -- The Dubs 7. Wait a minute -- Tim Tam & Turn ons 8. My Imagination -- Jordan & Fascinations 9. Your other love -- The Flamingos 10. Fools fall in love -- The Drifters 11. A dream is but a dream -- The Chesterfields 12. Since you won my heart -- The Miracles 13. Talking to myself -- The Lydells 14. Young Girl -- Little Willie John 15. Born to be in love -- Larry Chance & The Earls 16. My Girl Friend -- The Cadillacs 17. I'll never pass this way again -- The Duprees 18. Mon Cherie Au Revoir -- Arlene Smith 19. Please say you want me -- The Schoolboys 20. Life is but a dream -- The Earls 21. Image of a girl -- The Safaris 22. I wonder who -- The Fascinators 23. God's Christmas -- The Demensions 24. Daddy's Home -- Shep & Limelites 25. Don't you know -- Rico & Ravens 26. Bongo Stomp -- Little Joey & Flips
27. We go together -- The Moonglows 28. Ship of Love -- The Nutmegs 29. Dear One -- The Scarlets 30. Misirlou -- The Cardinals 31. While Walking -- The Fabulairs 32. Who put the bomp -- Barry Mann 33. My heart belows to only you -- Mary Swan 34. Lundee Dundee -- The Versatiles 35. Valerie -- The Starlites 36. My heart cried -- The Darvels 37. Red Sails in the sunset - 5 Keys 38. Sorry (I ran all the way home) -- The Impalas 39. Don't take the stars -- The Mystics 40. Sunday kind of love -- The Harptones 41. Our love is beautiful -- The Mello Kings 42. Girl in my dreams -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 43. Back to School Again -- Jerry Blavat 44. Cottage for sale -- Little Willie John 45. Joker -- Billy Myles 46. I need you baby -- The Enchords 47. A 1000 Miles away -- Danny & The Juniors 48. Dreamy Eyes -- Johnny Tillotson 49. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
If you have a Doo Wop Request or comment on Cool Bobby B's show or just to say hello you can reach him at: email@example.com ============================================== ROCK-IT RADIO HAS AN ENTIRE WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP MUSIC!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from December 21, 2013 to
January 10, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anthony Walker -- Shrewsbury, United Kingdom Jim Myrhum -- West Bend, Wisconsin USA Faires Austin -- Montgomery, Alabama USA Jose Resendiz -- Mexico City, Mexico Kenneth Herman -- Pompano Beach, Florida USA Terra Dolce -- Pennsylvania USA Otto Fuchs -- Baden, Austria Brad Mullins -- Australia Ed Bankowski -- Green Valley, Arizona USA
And 29 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 62 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,430 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 12/20/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972.
2. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 3. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 6. RIR #486 -- Emperor Rosko - Radio Caroline (UK Pirate) 1/16/1967 7. RIR #270 -- BBC Tribute to Buddy Holly 5 yr. anniv. 1962 8. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 9. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pitsburgh 6/14/1960 10. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan - CKLW Windsor, Ont. 7/12/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 12/1/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Mexico +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +0 5. Hungary +1 6. Brazil -1 7. France +0 8. Germany +1 9. Australia +2 10. Spain -2 11. Argentina +4 12. Netherlands +0 13. Philippines -3 14. Italy +0 15. Sweden +1 16. Japan -5 17. Peru +0 18. Russia +1 19. Chile +1 20. Belgium +2 21. South Africa -3 22. Finland +2 23. Bolivia +6 24. Colombia -3 25. India +1 26. Dominican Republic +1 27. Switzerland -1 28. Norway +22 29. Ireland +1 30. Austria +3 31. Guatemala -8 32. Paraguay +0 33. Saudi Arabia -2 34. Romania +0 35. Denmark +0 36. Poland +6 37. Czech Republic -7 38. Uruguay +4 39. Morocco +5 40. New Zealand +12 41. Greece +2 42. Turkey +6 43. Honduras -9 44. Malaysia -5 45. China +6 46. Thailand -8 47. Ukraine +8 48. Nicaragua +6 49. Indonesia -+0 50. Bulgaria +7
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +1 3. New York -1 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +0 7. New Jersey +0 8. Ohio +5 9. Maryland +0 10. Indiana +0 11. Virginia -3 12. Massachusetts +4 13. Illinois -5 14. North Carolina -3 15. Georgia +1 16. Michigan -1 17. Tennessee +2 18. Alabama +3 19. Missouri -2 20. Connecticut +0 21. Arizona +2 22. Rhode Island +2 23. Wisconsin +1 24. Colorado -2 25. South Carolina +1 26. Kansas -1 27. Oregon -5 28. Minnesota +3 29. Mississippi -3 30. Kentucky +0 31. Iowa -5 32. West Virginia +2 33. Nevada +0 34. Louisiana -2 35. Delaware +2 36. New Mexico +4 37. Nebraska +1 38. Montana +1 39. Arkansas -5 40. Utah +6 41. Oklahoma -5 42. New Hampshire +2 43. Wyoming -7 44. Maine -5 45. Hawaii -3 46. Idaho +1 47. District of Columbia -2 48. South Dakota +3 49. North Dakota +1 50. Alaska +1 51. Vermont -3
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!