As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Friday, December 20, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter and Playlist for shows #4737 to #4748
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4737 TO #4748
Can you believe it just a few more days until Christmas. We have moved the workings of the studio thanks to my nephew and a friend upstairs here from the freezing basement. Much better aesthetics. We have another 12 shows for you this newsletter and hopefully everyone will enjoy. I also want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Season. Our Health has not been the best so I know we have lacked regularity but we are on the mend and should be getting back to a regular routine soon.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4737 On this week's Memory Lane Show, host Lane Quigley tells us about a great new music documentry, pays tribute to some of the recent nominees for entry into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, honors some performers who recently passed away, and features great music and more interesting interivew clips from the Memory Lane library of Sound Bites. To listen, simply click on Show # 4737 from the Rock-it Radio Programs page.
1. Lights Out - Jerry Byrne 1958 2. Come Back My Love - The Wrens 1955 SOUND BITE 3. Little Red Rooster - Sam Cooke 1963 4. Tower of Strength - Gene McDaniel 1961 5. You Don't Have To Be a Tower of Strength - Gloria Lynne 1961 SOUND BITE 6. I Wish You Love - Gloria Lynne 1964 7. Sweet Mama Do Right - The Midnighters 1956 SOUND BITE 8. I Am The Lover Man - Willie Dixon 1956 9. The Pick Up - Etta James with Plas Johnson 1957 SOUND BITES 10. Be True To Yourself - Bobby Vee 1963 SOUND BITE 11. Send For The Doctor - Doc Pomus 1950 SOUND BITE 12. Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley 1964 SOUND BITE 13. Honey Babe - Marvin Phillips 1952 14. Hot Fudge - Johnny & The Hurricanes 1959 15. Watch Your Step - Bobby Parker 1961 SOUND BITE 16. Rumble - Link Wray & His Raymen 1958 SOUND BITE 17. She's Not There - The Zombies 1964 SOUND BITE 18. Long Long Time - Linda Ronstadt 1970 19. Back With My Baby - Kenni Woods 1963 20. Groovy Baby - Billy Abbott & The Jewels 1963 21. One Day Next Year - The Heartbeats 1958 22. All These Things - The Uniques 1966
Thanks Lane for another Great Rockin' Show. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE & THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON SHOW #4738!
"ROCKIN' BACK TO THE 60'S"
Spinning Rock Boogie takes a look at some of rocking tracks from as usual right across the board that were recorded in the 1960's,including Rock 'n' Roll, Doo Wop, Rockabilly and Blues, with of course the regular feature, "The Smooch Spot". So climb aboard the rocket, sit back, buckle up, and let's go Rockin' Back To The 60's.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Livin' Lovin' Wreck - Jerry Lee Lewis (60) Sun 03. Dirty Dirty Feeling - Elvis Presley (60) RCA-Victor 04. Honey Bun - Larry Donn (60) Vaden 05. Mary Lee - Monty Olive & His Band (68) JJ's 06. Nite Spot Rock - Bill Pollard + Mike Night & The Rhythmaires (66) Ozark 07. Action Speakes Louder Than Words - Vick Vickers (Mack Vickery) (64) Jamie 08. Teaser - Varetta Dillard (60) Cub 09. Dum Dum Diddley Dum - Baker Knight (61) RCA-Victor 10. No Part Time Love - Beverley Buff (63) Bethlehem 11. Nadine - Chuck Berry (64) Chess 12. Annie's Back - Little Richard (64) Specialty 13. Saturday Night - Wynonie Harris (60) King 14. Rama Lama Ding Dong - The Edsels (61) Twin 15. Girls Girls Girls - The Fourmost (65) Parlophone 16. Don't Start Crying - Slim Harpo (61) Excello 17. I'm Leaving - John Lee Hooker (63) VeeJay 18. Help Me - Sonny Boy Williamson II (63) Checker 19. Yes I'm Ready - Barbara Mason (65) Artic 20. A Voice In The Wilderness (instrumental) - The Hunters (61) Fontana 21. Lover's Island - The Blue Jays (61) Master 22. Our Anniversary - Shep & The Limelites (62) Hull 23. Secret Crush - Bill Dean (60) Coral 24. The Big Bounce - Shirley Cadell (63) Lesley 25. Take A Chance On Love - Billy & The Kids (61) Lute 26. A Little Bit Now - The Majors (62) Imperial 27. The Fat Man - Fats Domino (64) ABC-Paramount 28. Baby It's Hot - The Olympics (62) Arvee 29. Laughin' Girl Crying Boy - Boyd Bennett (63) King 30. That's Baby - Johnnie Strickland (61) Roulette 31. Choo Choo Heaven - Jimmy Starr (61) Laurie 32. Outro - Medley
If you have any requests, comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4739.
Being just covered and surrounded by Doo Wop Vinyl! Pete Chaston is back this week with more great group harmony rock and roll. From the Silly Song Segment to the Scratchy 45's it's all here. Playlist is below.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Rama Lama Ding Dong-The Edsels (1958 & '60-'61) 3. Rama Lama Ding Dong (alternative version)-The Edsels (xxxx) 4. White Cliffs of Dover-The Robins (1961) 5. Keep A Knockin'-Little Richard (mid 1950s) 6. When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob Bobbin' Along- The Excellents 7. There Goes a Pretty Girl-The Enchanters (1957) 8. Be Mine-The Rondels (1961) 9. Yes, Tonight, Josephine-Johnnie Ray (1957) 10. Rendezvous With You-The Desires (1959 or '60)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. A Dog Named Zippo-Da Yoopers (xxxx) 12. Rama Lama Ding Dong-The Muppets (xxxx)
18. Rockin' Santa Claus-The Martells (1959) 19. Story Untold-The Emotions (1963) 20. Stay a Little Longer-The Equadors (1958) 21. Poor Boy (instrumental)--The Royaltones (1958)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
22. Please Be My Love Tonight-The Charades (xxxx) 23. My Troubles Are Not At End-The Penguins (mid 1950s) 24. I Lied to My Heart-The Enchanters (1961) 25. Please Love Me Forever-Cathy Jean & The Roommates (1961) 26. Please Remember My Heart-The Solitaires (1954) 27. Two People in the World-The Marcels (1961)
Thanks Pete for another Doo Wop Set and if you have a future Doo Wop Request or a member of a amateur Doo Wop band and would like some airplay. Contact Pete at: email@example.com
============================================== JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4740
Some great Rockabilly is ready to be heard right here on Rock-it Radio with Jackie Bond from his studios in the UK. Here is this week's playlist when you click to listen to show #4740.
1. Do Me No Wrong - Warren Scott and Memphis Playboys 2. Long Tall Lou - Eddie Clendening 3. Six days On The Road - Dave Dudley 4. Pink And Black - Sonny Fisher 5. Sugar Doll - Johnny Jay 6. High School Hop - Lee Denson 7. Lookie Lookie Lookie - Ronnie Smith 8. Catty Town - Dick Lory and Pee Wee King 9. Sleep Rock-A-Roll Rock-A-Baby - Alvis Wayne 10. Skinny Jim - Eddie Cochran 11. Sick And Tired - Darrel Higham 12. Rebound - Ray Smith 13. Gold Digger - The Lucky Bullets 14. Stop That Train - Cherry Casino and The Gamblers 15. Brown Eyed Handsome Man - Johnny Rivers 16. Spider Legged Baby - Rockin' Ryan 17. Petrified - Ronnie Self 18. There's A Party Going On - Wanda Jackson 19. Jump Back Boogie - The Rockin' Bandits 20. Nature's Goodness - The Barnshakers 21. Don't Make Me Beg - Jimmy Sutton's Four Charms 22. Gone Gone Gone - Sandy Ford and The Flying saucers 23. Ubangi Stomp - Carl Mann 24. Tie Your Mother Down - Restless 25. Miss Ginnie Lee - The Deputies 26. That's All Right - Billy Fury 27. Burnin' - Lucky Marcell and The Rambling Three 28. Watch Your Mouth - Troyce Key 29. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Some great stuff there to keep you Rockin'! If you would like to write to Jackie Bond you can by reaching him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW DOUBLE FEATURE IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4741
Dave is back this week with more Rockin' Tunes from the 60s. Some are very rare and some are sure to spark a memory! It's a double feature this week and we are sure happy to air this show on Rock-it Radio!
1. Here Come the Karts - Steve Rowland & Ringleaders 2. When You Walk In The Room - Jackie DeShannon 3. Never Gonna Let Him Know - Debbie Taylor 4. If You Tell A Lie - McCoys 5. Won't Find Better Than Me - Kit Kats 6. If You Gotta Go Now - Lincoln Park Zoo 7. If You Gotta Go Now - Manfred Mann 8. I'll Forget Her Tomorrow - Randy & Rainbows. 9. Who Do You Love - Preachers 10. Got to Leave Us Alone - Outsiders 11.C'mon - The Echoes 12.Baby What Has Happened To Our Love - Ringleaders 13.Baby I Need You - TJ Williams & Two Shades of Soul 14.Hurry Up to Your Date - Utopians 15.The Happening - Supremes 16.Love (Can't You Hear Me) - Knight Brothers 17.Thinking About You - Grant Smith & The Power (Discovery of Week) 18.Contact of Love - Martha & Vandellas
1. Mustang - Rockin R's 2. Shake Rattle and Roll - Arthur Conley 3. Shakin All Over - Mae West 4. Squeeze Box - Who 5. I'll Be Happy - Ric and Jerry 6. Guide For The Married Man - Turtles 7. That Girl Of Mine - Shane 8. Little Girl - Syndicate of Sound 9. Thinking About You - Grant Smith & The Power 10. Do It - Invictas 11.Little Girl - Syndicate of Sound 12.That Girl Of Mine - Shane 13.The Little Old Lady From Pasadena - Jan & Dean 14.I Love You So - Edward Hamilton & Arabians 15.So I Can Love You - Emotions 16.One Night Stand - Magic Lanterns 17.Lovin Things - Grass Roots 18.Life Is For Living - Austin Roberts 19.Memories - Jeannie Robertson 20.Ha Ha Song - Zacherle 21.Theme From A Teenage Opera - Mark Wirtz Orchestra
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4742
The Rockin' Daddy O is back this week with a fantastic Doo Wop Selection. Check out this playlist of what you will hear when you click to the speaker to our program page on show #4742.
1. The Juicy Crocodile-Cellos 2. Have Rock Will Roll-Heartbeats 3. Wonderland-Carribians 4. Crime Don't Pay-Nobles 5. Glad To Be Here-Lee Andrews & The Hearts 6. Big Mama Wants To Rock-Don Julian & The Meadowlarks 7. My Heart-Cufflinks 8. Comin' Home-Nutmegs 9. I Wanna Be A Millionaire Hobo-Fantastics 10. (Be My) Pussy Cat-BopTones 11. If I Can't Have You-Gizzelle 12. I Need Your Lovin' -Don Gardner & Dee Dee Ford 13. Loop De Loop Mambo-Robins 14. Wanna Lee-Vocaltones 15. This Girl Of Mine-Jimmy Castor & The Juniors 16. There Is A Girl-Larks 17. My Only Love-Redondos 18. I Need You Tonight-Counts 19. Believe In Me-Swans 20. What Brought Us Together-Edsels 21. Let Your Love Light Shine-Kac-Ties 22. Cry Baby-Scarlets 23. Ruby Baby-Drifters 24. Don't Ask Me(To Be Lonely)-Dubs
Would you like to send a future request to Rockin' Daddy O? or comments oir would just like to say Hello? You can e mail him at: email@example.com
============================================== BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK & ROLL RETRO SHOW CHRISTMAS SPECIAL IN SHOW #4743
Break out the egg nog. Hang the mistletoe. Time to get into the holiday spirit. And to help you we present the Retro Show annual Christmas Special hosted by Bill Green. The program is filled with Christmas classics and holiday favorites. HO HO HO from Rock-it Radio.
1) Rock and Roll Christmas - George Thorogood (1983) 2) Mister Santa's Boogie - Marshall Brothers (1951) 3) "Twas The Night Before Christmas - Huey 'Piano' Smith & The Clowns (1962) 4) White Christmas - The Drifters (1954) 5) Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives (1964) 6) What Are You Doing New Year's Eve - Kenny Vance & The Planotones (2005) 7) Christmas Bells - Bobby Nunn (1952) 8) Christmas In Heaven - Charles Brown (1961) 9) If We Make It Through December - Merle Haggard (1973) 10) I'll Be Home For Christmas - Elvis Presley (1957) 11) Blur Christmas - Elvis Presley (1957) 12) Winter Wonderland - Darlene Love (1963) 13) Christmas Prayer - The Valentines (1955) 14) If It Doesn't Snow On Christmas Day - Gene Autry (1949) 15) Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee (1960) 16) Green Christmas (pts. 1 & 2) - Stan Freburg (1958) 17) Silent Night - The Ravens (1948) 18) You're All I Want For Christmas - The Persuasions (1997) 19) Snowball - The Robins (1957) 20) Frosty - Albert Collins (1985) 21) Merry Christmas Darling - The Carpenters (1970) 22) Snoopy's Christmas - The Royal Guardsmen (1967) 23) Jingle Bell Rock - Larry Chance and the Earls (1993)
If you have any requests, or comments or would just like to send a e mail to Bill you can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4744
THE BIG SHOW ABOUT "NOTHING" featuring Instrumental Rock and Two Elvis Songs AND an interview with JULIE ADAMS of THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON ('54) and TICKLE ME (1965).
1) SLAUGHTER ON 10th AVENUE - THE VENTURES ('64) Interview #1 - The Beginning of Julie Adams Movie Career. Low-Budget Westerns as Betty Adams (1950) 2) PETER GUNN - DUANE EDDY & THE REBELS ('60) 3) DRUMS ARE MY BEAT - SANDY NELSON ('61) 4) Theme From "THE RAT RACE" - RICHARD MALTBY & ORCH. ('60) Interview #2 - The Creature Feature (1954) 5) THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON "The Monster Attack"- Hans Salter ('58) 6) HANG 'EM HIGH - BOOKER T. & THE M.G.'S ('68) 7) DARTELL STOMP - THE DARTELLS ('63) (Clean Sound) Interview #3 - The Famous White Swimsuit 8) MOON IN THE AFTERNOON - THE FIVE WHISPERS ('62) 9) BLUE MOON - THE VENTURES ('61) Interview #4 - The Claws of THE CREATURE and ELVIS in TICKLE ME (1965). 10) DIRTY, DIRTY FEELINGS - ELVIS PRESLEY ('60) 11) (SUCH AN) EASY QUESTION - ELVIS PRESLEY (1962) 12) HAWAII FIVE-O - THE VENTURES ('69) 13) LET'S GO - FLOYD FRAMER ('62) 14) BONGO, BONGO, BONGO - PRESTON EPPS ('60) Interview #5 - Julie talks about Husband/Actor Ray Danton. 15) SO RARE - JIMMY DORSEY (1957) Interview #6 - Julie talks about John Wayne in McQ (1974). 16) RAUNCHY - ERNIE FREEMAN ('57) 17) GALE WINDS - THE EGYPTIAN COMBO ('64) 18) CHURCH KEY - JIM WALLER & THE DELTAS ('62) 19) PERCULATOR - BILLY JOE & THE CHECKMATES ('61) 20) TIJUANA SURF - THE HOLLYWOOD PERSUADERS ('63)
Thanks Mel for another Rockin' Segment of the Back in Time show. If you would like to write to Mel with any requests, or comments or hellos you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH PART II TRIBUTE TO R&B GREAT IVORY JOE HUNTER IN SHOW #4745
This show concludes my two part exploration of the work of Ivory Joe Hunter. Ivory Joe was the most benign of bluesmen. His gentle nature and voice made him a favourite of legions of R&B and Blues fans in the 1940s through to the 1960s and his ability to integrate country music within his song writing and singing predates Ray Charles who often gets credit for this.
The play list is as follows:
1. All About The Blues-Ivory Joe Hunter 1957 2. My Wish Came True-Elvis Presley 1957 3. Old Man's Boogie-Ivory Joe Hunter 1950 4. You Lied-Ivory Joe Hunter 1951 5. A Tear Fell-Ivory Joe Hunter 1956 6. We're Gonna Boogie-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 7. Big Wig-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 8. Since I Met You Baby-Ivory Joe Hunter 1956 9. Shooty Booty-Ivory Joe Hunter 1958 10. I Got To Learn To Mambo-Ivory Joe Hunter 1954 11. Empty Arms-Ivory Joe Hunter 1957 12. Love Is A Hurting Game-Ivory Joe Hunter 1957 13. Yes I Want You-Ivory Joe Hunter 1958 14. Ivory Tower-Ivory Joe Hunter 1968 15. I'll Give You All Night To Stop-Ivory Joe Hunter 1968 16. Since I Met You Baby-Ivory Joe Hunter 1970 17. Yes I Want You-Ivory Joe Hunter (Alternate take) 1958 18. You Can't Stop This Rocking and Rolling-Ivory Joe Hunter 1956 19. I'm Coming Down With The Blues-Ivory Joe Hunter 1971 20. T. For Texas-Ivory Joe Hunter 1970 21. Guess Who-Ivory Joe Hunter 1949 22. You Mean Everything To Me-Ivory Joe Hunter 1956
Thanks Al for this tribute to one of R&B Greats and featuring so many of his R&B great tunes. If you have some requests or comments you can write to Al at: Cooldaddy@rockitradio.net
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE & LINKS
If you have any wishes for inclusions that's Rockabilly related you can e mail us here at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4746 - EARLY LITTLE RICHARD SONGS!
R&B Novelty Songs
The juke is jumpin' this week with a salute to the lighter side of classic 1950s rhythm and blues. These "novelty" R&B tunes come from jump blues masters from Louis Jordan to Bull Moose Jackson and all the side-splittin' jive in-between. You'll hear all about Richard Berry, Wynonie Harris, Andre Williams and Dusty Fletcher getting in trouble with the law as well as a wacky song about crazy food. Join Matt The Cat for a hilarious look at the "soul that came before rock n' roll" on "Juke In The Back." Stream the program below or on iTunes and TuneIn or dig it on Rock-it radio.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Dad Gum Ya Hide Boy - Louis Jordan - Aladdin 1954 3. Good Morning Judge - Wynonie Harris - King 1950 4. Gabbin' Blues - Big Maybelle - Okeh 1953 5. Rubber Biscuit - The Chips - Josie 1956 6. Open The Door, Richard - Dusty Fletcher - National 1947 7. You're The Greatest - Dallas Bartley - National 1947 8. Riot In Cell Block #9 - The Robins - Spark 1954 9. You Can't Beat The Horses - Big Boy Groves - Vita 1956 10. I Must have Been An Ugly Baby - King Perry - Specialty 1951 11. Trio Mail Call - Emitt Slay Trio - Savoy 1953 12. GREAT 78 - Next Time - Richard Berry - Flair 1955 13. Who Drank My Beer, While I Was In The Rear - Dave Bartholomew - Imperial 1952 14. Jail bait - Andre Williams - Fortune 1957 15. Toy Bell - The Bees - Imperial 1954 16. Big Ten Inch Record - Bull Moose Jackson - King 1952 17. Beware - Louis Jordan - Decca 1946 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Have to love that R&B Novelty Songs. If you have any future requests or comments to Matt the Cat you can reach him at: Mattthecat@rockitradio.net
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4747
Cool Bobby B & The Doo Wop Stop show - The #1 Doo Wop show Worldwide is archived right here on Rock-it Radio. Great Doo Wop with the excellent delivery of Cool Bobby B. Here is this week's Playlist.
Part I 1. Rock with the Clock -- Shirley and Lee 2. Fat Fat Fat Mom I O - The Chatlets 3. Out of sight out of mind -- Little Anthony & Imperials 4. Take me back -- Little Anthony & Imperials 5. Born to be in Love -- Larry Chance & Earls 6. Tell me why -- The Belmonts 7. Coney Island Baby -- The Excellents 8. Sorry (I Ran all the way home) -- The Impalas 9. Rainy Day Bells -- The Globetrotters 10. Tonight tonight -- The Mello Kings 11. Could this be magic -- The Dubs 12. Misty 66 -- Lloyd Price (Live version) 13. I got to have you baby -- The Pretenders 14. I am old enough -- The Schoolboys 15. The Letter -- The Medallions 16. Maybe Someday -- Young Lions 17. What do I have to do -- Frankie & Fashions 18. Here I stand -- Wade Flemons & Newcomers 19. Memories of You -- The Harptones 20. Lover come home -- The Eastmen 21. Don't Leave me Now -- The Notes 22. Chimes -- The Pelicans 23. Why oh Why -- The Fantasys 24. Chapel of Love -- The Sundials 25. All Alone -- The Channels 26. The Stars are out tonight -- The Teardrops 27. I see a star -- The Routelles
28. Bong bong -- Vince Castro & Tonettes 29. Poor Rock n roll -- Nicky & Nobles 30. Wedding Ring -- 5 Satins 31. Bacon Fat -- Andre Williams 32. Honey Honey -- Lewis Lymon & Teenchords 33. The Walk -- Jimmy McCracklin 34. I really Love you -- The Channels 35. Bobbie -- Joey & Lexingtons 36. Oh Rosemarie -- The Fascinators 37. It must be love -- The Crests 38. So this is love -- The Castelles 39. Because I love you -- The Innocents 40. I can dream can't I? -- The Skyliners 41. My heart cried -- The Darvels 42. Who do you love -- Philly Cuzz 43. Valley of Lovers -- Native Boyz 44. Come back to me -- The Alma Keys 45. Walking in the Rain -- The Execs 46. Dom De Dom -- The Good guys 47. So Fine -- The Fiestas 48. The Search is over -- The Imaginations 49. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
If you have a Doo Wop Request or comment on Cool Bobby B's show or just to say hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S CHRISTMAS DOO WOP SPECIAL ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4748
To help you get more into a Doo Woppin' Christmas Spirit - We are rebroadcasting Pete Chaston's Christmas Show from 2007! We were unable to recover a playlist for this show. But it's filled with great Holiday favorites with a Doo Wop Flair! We wish all of our Listeners a blessed and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!! ============================================== ROCK-IT RADIO HAS AN ENTIRE WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP MUSIC!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from December 2, 2013 to
December 20, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenn Crowell -- Huntington Station, New York USA Sherry Galligos -- Powell River, British Columbia Canada Sam Heller -- Pahrump, Nevada USA Rita Traversy -- Quebec, Canada Micael Bergstrom -- Sweden Joe Haver -- Pennsylvania, USA Philip Nasca -- LaCombe, Louisiana USA James Wurn -- Allmont, Michigan USA
And 15 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 32 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,368 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 12/20/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 2. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 3. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 6. RIR #486 -- Emperor Rosko - Radio Caroline (UK Pirate) 1/16/1967 7. RIR #270 -- BBC Tribute to Buddy Holly 5 yr. anniv. 1962 8. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 9. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pitsburgh 6/14/1960 10. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan - CKLW Windsor, Ont. 7/12/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 12/1/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Mexico +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +0 5. Brazil +0 6. Hungary +3 7. France -1 8. Spain -1 9. Germany -1 10. Philippines +2 11. Australia +0 12. Netherlands +1 13. Japan +1 14. Italy -4 15. Argentina +0 16. Sweden +0 17. Peru +0 18. South Africa +2 19. Russia -1 20. Chile +0 21. Colombia -2 22. Belgium +0 23. Guatemala +12 24. Finland +0 25. India -2 26. Switzerland +1 27. Domincan Republic +3 28. Czech Republic +1 29. Bolivia +9 30. Ireland -3 31. Saudi Arabia +0 32. Paraguay -6 33. Austria -11 34. Romania +6 35. Denmark +2 36. Thailand +10 37. Honduras +8 38. China +5 39. Malaysia +3 40. Poland +8 41. Panama -3 42. Uruguay -9 43. Greece -6 44. Morocco +9 45. Ukraine +12 46. Trinidad & Tobago +17 47. South Korea +5 48. Turkey -7 49. Indonesia -10 50. Norway -18
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Florida +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +3 7. New Jersey +1 8. Virginia -1 9. Maryland +0 10. Indiana +1 11. North Carlolina +2 12. Illinois -2 13. Ohio +1 14. Michigan +1 15. Massachusetts -3 16. Georgia +5 17. Missouri -1 18. Rhode Island +4 19. Tennessee +0 20. Connecticut +4 21. Alabama -5 22. Colorado -2 23. Arizona -5 24. Wisconsin +3 25. Oregon +6 26. South Carolina -4 27. Mississippi +13 28. Kansas +0 29. Iowa +0 30. Kentucky -4 31. Minnesota -6 32. Louisiana +2 33. Nevada -1 34. West Virginia -7 35. Arkansas +2 36. Oklahoma -4 37. Delaware -7 38. Nebraska +1 39. Montana +7 40. New Mexico +1 41. Wyoming +2 42. Hawaii +5 43. Maine -4 44. New Hampshire -3 45. District of Columbia -1 46. Utah -3 47. Idaho -2 48. Alaska +3 49. Vermont -1 50. North Dakota -1 51. South Dakota -1
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!