As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Thursday, February 13, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4785 to #4796
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
It's time for another Rock-it Radio Newsletter filled with the playlists and latest here at Rock-it Radio. We have a great batch of 12 shows since our last newsletter and we also have the announcement of the January drawing winners for those that purchased from the Launching Pad last month. If you did make sure to check - you may be a winner.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4785 ROCK-IT RADIO : PLAYLIST : KEN STRANGE - COUNTRY RECORD ROUND-UP # 7
Join Ken Strange for another Country Record Round-Up with Country Music from right across the board, from the 40's through to the 00's. In this show there's a section of Irish Country Music, my regular feature of Duos & Duets, and a show containing something old and new from the world of Country Music. So climb aboard the Rocket, sit back and buckle up, and let's head off for a round up..........a Country Record Round-Up.....that is!
01. Intro - Medley 02. Fast Express - The Delmore Brothers (46) King 03. I'm Gonna Have A Cowboy Wedding - Patsy Montana & Her Partners (41) Decca 04. Maybe It's All For The Best - Moon Mullican (56) King 05. Finally Friday - George Jones (92) MCA 06. Redneck Woman - Gretchen Wilson (04) Country # 1 07. Detour - Tex Williams with Spade Cooley & His Orchestra (46) Columbia 08. I Don't Think Love Ought To Be That Way - Ann Breen (10) Arran Records 09. Fifty Seven Chevrolet - Susan McCann (81) K-Tel 10. Wagon Wheel - Nathan Carter (12) Sharpe Music 11. Five Little Fingers - Frankie McBride (67) Emerald UKSingle Chart # 19 12. Penny Candy - Jim Reeves (54) RCA-Victor 13. She's Got You - Patsy Cline (62) Decca Country # 1 14. Medocino County Line - LeeAnn Womack & Willie Nelson (02) MCA 15. We Need One More Chance - Kitty Wells & Red Foley (67) Decca 16. The Price I Pay - Emmylou Harris & The Desert Rose Band (90) Reprise 17. Golden Ring - George Jones & Connie Smith (07) Live Concert Sound Stage 18. Tall Tall Trees - Alan Jackson (95) Arista 19. Girls Night Out - Gina Jefferies (02) ABC (Australian Broadcasting Company) 20. 'Cause I Have You - Wynn Stewart (67) Capitol 21. Uncle Pen - Rose Maddox (62) Capitol 22. Hurricane - Carlene Carter (96) Giant 23. How Blue - Reba McIntire (84) MCA Country # 1 24. Outro - Medley
If you have any future requests or comments for DJ Spinning Rock Boogie out in the UK you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4786
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. All Night Long-The Du Mauriers (1958) 3. All Night Long-The Chessmen (mid 1960s) 4. All Night Long-Little Isidore & The Inquisitors (xxxx) 5. Rollin' Stone-The Marigolds (1955) 6. Bong Bong-Vince Castro & The Tonettes (1958) 7. Oh, What a Baby-The Tonettes (1958) 8. Why Do Kids Grow Up-Randy & The Rainbows (1963 or '64) 9. It'll Be Easy-The Sultans (1961) 10. Ladise-The Packards (1956)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Buchanan & Goodman On Trial-Buchanan & Goodman (1956) 12. (I'm in Love with) The Garbage Man-Linda Carr & The Impossibles (1962)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Dorothy-The Hi-Fives (1958) 14. Come to Paradise-The Fascinators (1959) 15. The Fool-The Gallahads (1956) 16. The Way Love Should Be-The Nutmegs (1955)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Slop Time-The Shirelles (1958) 18. The Bells Are Ringing-The Van Dykes (1957) 19. Geraldine-The El Venos (1956) 20. Please Believe Me-The Elegants (1958)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Seven Wonders of the World-The Keytones (1957) 22. Every Once in Awhile-The Debonaires (1959) 23. Sit and Cry-The Grand Prees (1963) 24. Please Let Me Love You-The Legends of Doo-Wop (circa 2001) 25. Drop By-The Metallics (1962) 26. The Closer You Are-The Channels (1956) 27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A TRIBUTE TO JIMMY AND JOHNNY IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4787
This show is part one of a two part series that will examine the recordings of an unheralded but outstanding R&B performer Jimmy "T-99" Nelson. Jimmy Nelson recorded across almost six decades beginning in the 1940's and stretching into the 21st. century. He had only two hits both of which were recorded early in his career but continued to record excellent blues and rhythm and blues recordings throughout the 1950's and beyond. As a result of this he became a distinguished elder statesmen of American music until his death in 2007. As mentioned above he had only two real hits one being "T-99 Blues" for which he received his nick name as well as "Meet Me With Your Black Dress On" a tune that has been recorded by countless artists since he first recorded the original. Both these hits were written by him as were most of the tunes that will played on these two shows. Jimmy Nelson was a disciple of Big Joe Turner and some attempt will be made to compare the two men's styles so as to show these similarities.
The play list is as follows":
1. Lucille-Big Joe Turner 1941 2. Second Hand Fool-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1953 3. Unlock The Lock-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1961 4. Play Me A 12 Bar Blues-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1995 5. I Sat And Cried-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1961 6. She's My baby-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1960 7. Kansas City Blues-Big Joe Turner ? 8. Rain Drop Blues-Jimmy "T 99" Nelson 1952 9. Baby Chile-Jimmy Nelson 1948 10. Fine Little Honey Dripper-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1952 11. T-99 Blues-Jimmy Nelson 1951 12. Sweetest Little Girl In The World-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1952 13. T-99 Blues-Tiny Bradshaw 1951 14. Bad Habit Blues-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1952 15. Big Eyed, Brown Eyed Girl Of Mine-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1952 16. Mean Poor Girl-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1954 17. Cry Hard Luck-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1954 18. Big Mouth-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1953 19. Last Time Around( aka) Last Turn Around-Jimmy "T-99" Nelson 1953
Thanks Al for another fine feature of R&B on Rock-it Radio. If you have any comments or requests to the Cool Daddy you can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4788
Some great Rockabilly is ready to be heard right here on Rock-it Radio with Jackie Bond from his studios in the UK. Here is this week's playlist when you click to listen to show #4788.
1. Carry On - Jimmy C Newman 2. Back In The USA - Albert Lee and Hogans Heroes 3. Rockin' Jerry Lee -Jerry Lee Lewis 4. New Spark - Johnny Powers 5. Dirty Dog - Dick Banks 6. Got Love if You Want It - Warren Smith 7. Odessa - Ronnie Hawkins 8. Ding Dong Daddy - Belvaderes 9. Party Tonight - Hayden Thompson 10. Cruising - Rayburn Anthony with The Lynx 11. Chicken Shack - Leroy Van Dyke 12. Rock All Night - Glenn Honeycutt 13. Rockin' At The Y - Thomas Ingle 14. Teeny Weeny Man - Jimmy Wolford 15. Plantation Boogie - Pee Wee King 16. Rockin' Jerry Lee - Zack Van Arsdale 17. Huh Baby - Luke McDaniel 18. Wicked Ruby - Danny Zella 19. Frankie And Johnny - Claire Lane 20. Rollin' To The Jukebox - Benny Joy 21. Rockabilly Lilly - Cort Murray 22. This Ain't A Good Time - Big Sandy 23. Ice Cream Baby - Frank Triolo 24. Rocket In Your Pocket - Carmen Ghia and The Hot Rods 25. Flip Out - Billy Brown 26. Real Gone Baby - Velvatones 27. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Some great stuff there to keep you Rockin'! And quite an honour to have Mini Rogers on the Rock-it! If you would like to write to Jackie Bond you can by reaching him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== CHECK OUT OUR ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY LINKS PAGE AT:
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4789 - GIRL GROUP GALAPALOOZA!!!
It's been eight years since The Memory Lane Show spent an entire show spotlighting the great girl group sounds of the late 50's/early 60's. During that time, we've received lots of emails here at Rock-it Radio asking for another, and we are happy to oblige. This week, host Lane Quigley delivers a "Girl Group Galapalooza". Return with us to the era of Chantels, Shirelles, Chiffons and Shangri-Las; petticoats and poni-tails; teenage love and teenage angst.
1. Gonna Make Him My Baby - April Young 1965 2. The Sh-Down Down Song - The Gingersnaps 1965 SOUND BITE 3. Chapel of Love - The Dixie Cups 1964 4. Mama Didn't Lie - Jan Bradley 1963 5. Boy Watcher - Ginger Thompson 1967 SOUND BITE 6. The Impossible Happened - (Little) Peggy March 1963 7. My Smile Is Just a Frown (Turned Upside Down) - Carolyn Crawford 1964 8. What Are Boys Made Of? - The Percells 1963 SOUND BITE 9. Triangle - Janie Grant 1961 10. Don't Hurt Me - Bernadette Carroll 1965 11. His Lips Get In The Way - Bernadette Castro 1965 SOUND BITES 12. Girls Grow Up Faster Than Boys - The Cookies 1963 13. You're Invited To a Party - The Victorians 1964 14. When The Boys Get Together - Joanie Sommers 1962 SOUND BITE 15. Big Town Boy - Shirley Matthews 1963 16. Seven Minutes In Heaven - The Poni-Tails 1958 17. Hangin' On To My Baby - Tracey Dey 1964 SOUND BITE 18. He's So Fine - The Chiffons 1963 19. White Levis - The Majorettes 1962 20. Tell Me What He Said - Helen Shapiro 1962 21. You're Gonna Love My Baby - Barbara McNair 1965 22. Zoomy - The Bobbettes 1957 SOUND BITE 23. Look In My Eyes - The Chantels 1961 24. All Of My Life - Connie Stevens 1966 25. Wonderful One - The Shondells 1962
Thanks Lane for the Girl Group Galapalooza Show. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4790 - SPOTLIGHT ON YOUNG JESSE
The West Coast is often ignored as a post World War II Rhythm & Blues hot spot, but some mighty fine R&B artists, groups and labels called LA home. This week, "Juke In The Back" spotlights Obediah "Young" Jessie, one such unsung hero of Los Angeles' R&B scene during the 1950s. At age 16, Obie Jessie cut his first record with the Hollywood Blue Jays, which also included schoolmates Richard Berry and Cornell Gunter. The song, "I Had A Love" was written by Young Jessie and featured Gunter on lead. Soon, the group was renamed The Flairs and were recording for the Bihari Brothers' Flair Records. Jessie went solo in '54 and began working with Maxwell Davis' great band. In '55, he wrote and cut his more enduring song, "Mary Lou," which unfortunately wasn't a hit for Young Jessie, but became a huge hit for Ronnie Hawkins in '59. His Modern Records output was top-notch '50s R&B and Young Jessie was working with the best in the business. He was managed by Buck Ram, who also managed The Platters and The Penguins and he was recording with songwriters/producers Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller, however, Young Jessie never enjoyed a national hit record. Matt The Cat spins the records that should-have-been hits by an artist that should be legendary. Dig Young Jessie on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Long Tall Girl - The Carnations - Lescay 1961 3. You Ain't Movin Me - Linda Hayes w/ Earl Warren Orch and Chorus - Antler 1959 4. I Had A Love - The Hollywood Blue Jays - Recorded In Hollywood 1952 5. Down At Hayden's - The Hunters - Flair 1953 6. Lonesome Desert - Young Jessie - Modern 1954 7. I Smell A Rat - Young Jessie - Modern 1954 8. Mary Lou - Young Jessie - Modern 1955 9. Don't Think I Will - Young Jessie - Modern 1955 10. Nothing Seems Right - Young Jessie - Modern 1955 11. Do You Love Me - Young Jessie - Modern 1955 12. Hit, Git and Split - Young Jessie - Modern 1956 13. GREAT 78 - Here Comes Henry - Young Jessie - Modern 1956 14. Oochie Coochie - Young Jessie - Modern 1956 15. Hot Dog - Young Jessie - UNRELEASED Modern 1956 16. It Don't Happen No More - Young Jessie - Modern 1956 17. Shuffle In The Gravel - Young Jessie - Atco 1957 18. Make Believe - Young Jessie - Atco 1957 19. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
If you have any future requests or comments to Matt the Cat you can reach him at: Mattthecat@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4791 - CHART FLOPPERS Pt. 2.
Pt. 2 of Chart Floppers - This week Mel looks at songs that should of probably of been hits but just couldn't get the juice to get up to the top of the charts. Pt. 1 is currently in the program page still as show #4791. Here is the playlist.
1) BOSS - THE RUMBLERS (1962) #87 2) CHILLS - TONY ORLANDO (1962) #109 3) ENAMORADO - KEITH COLLEY (1963) #66 4) BABY ELEPHANT WALK - THE MINATURE MEN (1962) #87 5) THE MASQUERADE IS OVER - THE FIVE SATINS (1962) Bubbling Under
The Girl Group Sound 6) DON'T MENTION MY NAME - THE SHEPPARD SISTERS (1963) #94 7) HEARTS WERE MADE TO BE BROKEN - THE SAPPHIRES (1964) Abc-Paramount Records - "B" Side 8) THAT'S HOW HEARTACHES ARE MADE - THE MARVELETTES (1968) #97 9) HERE COMES THE BOY - TRACY DEY (1963) #97 10) BABY, BABY - I STILL LOVE YOU - THE CINDERELLAS (1964)
11) CRAZY COUNTRY HOP - THE JOHNNY OTIS SHOW (1958) 12) WE COULD HAVE LOTS OF FUN - LARRY HOVUS (1957) 13) ROCK EVERYBODY - THE TEEN QUEENS (1956) 14) GOTTA GIVE HER LOVE - THE VOLUMES (1964) (Top 20 Hit in San Francisco and Detroit) 15) BWA NINA (Pretty Girl) - THE TOKENS (1962) #55 16) SOMEBODY NOBODY WANTS - DION (1961) 17) ROBERTA - BARRY & THE TAMBERLANES (1964) 18) IF YOU WANT THIS LOVE - SONNY KNIGHT (1964) #71 (Number 1 in Fresno - 9/64) 19) LODI - AL WILSON (1969) #67 (Number 1 in Fresno) 20) MAGIC MOON - THE RAYS (1961) #49 21) SILVER CITY - THE VENTURES (1961) 22) STRANGE I KNOW - THE MARVELETTES (1963) #49 23) WHEN YOU'RE YOUNG AND IN LOVE - RUBY & THE ROMANTICS (1964) #48 24) SANDRA - THE VOLUMES (1963) Did not chart (Number 1 in Fresno 4/63) From the Jubilee Label. ("B" Side of "Teenage Paradise)
Make sure to catch the next Program with Mel Ventures - AOR Radio - Adult Oriented Rock or Underground Rock - 1969 to 1978. Mostly the early 70's. With Special Guest from the K-FIG 101 FM rockin' days - Ron McCarry. Slade, Mark-Almond, Dan Hicks, The Beatles, Mountain, Blind Faith and more.
Thanks Mel for another Rockin' Segment of the Back in Time show. If you would like to write to Mel with any requests, or comments or hellos you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW DOUBLE FEATURE IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4792
Dave is back this week with more Rockin' Tunes from the 60s. Some are very rare and some are sure to spark a memory! It's a double feature this week and we are sure happy to air this show on Rock-it Radio!
1. How - Cowboys and Indians 2. So I Am Wrong And You Are Right - Blues Magoos 3. Turn Around Baby(Don't Ever Look Back) - Question Mark & Mysterians 4. I'm Free - Wilmer & The Dukes 5. Good Golly - Johnny Sayles 6. Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard 7. Mama's Boy - Deena Johnson 8. Everybody Have A Good Time - Major Lance 9. You're The One That Done It - Thomas Wayne 10.Hey You - Evil Enc. Group 11.Sweet Young Thing - Chocolate Watchband 12.Suddenly You Love Me - Tremeloes 13.Stop - Moody Blues 14.Try A Little Tenderness - Otis Redding 15.That Certain Tenderness - Justice V 16.Please Let It Be Me- Fashions 17.Funny How Love Can Be - Ivy League 18.Wonderful World Of Love - Johnny Jack 19.I Want To Be Free - Monkees 20.Kiss Away - Otis Blackwell
playlist never received.
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================ TREVOR HYLAND AND THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4793
Featuring rockabilly legends Alton & Jimmy. Jimmy takes us on a tour of their musical legacy and the influences they have had on the rockabilly revival. Gene Vincent's & The Blue Caps thrill us with their 14th recording session for Capitol , session number 6370 at Capitol Tower Hollywood, Los Angeles on December 10th 1957. Memphis Rockabilly Band featuring the late great Jeff Spencer rock out great tracks from their iconic Lp's Betty Jean & Beartha Lou
Gene Vincent Sessions 01. You Belong To Me - Gene Vincent 02. Keep It A Secret - Gene Vincent 03. Yes I Love You Baby - Gene Vincent
Alton & Jimmy 04. I Got It Made In The Shade - Alton & Jimmy 05. No More cryin' The Blues - Alton & Jimmy 06. Have Faith In My love - Alton & Jimmy 07. What's The Use - Alton & Jimmy 08. Rockin' In The Shadow Of Sun - Alton & Jimmy
Memphis Rockabilly Band 09. Rockin' Daddy - Memphis Rockabilly Band 10. Bertha Lou - Memphis Rockabilly Band 11. Milkshake Madamoiselle - Memphis Rockabilly Band 12. Pleated Pants - Memphis Rockabilly Band 13. Ducktails - Memphis Rockabilly Band
Tedesco Records 14. Ain't My Girl No More - The Sugar Shakers 15. Locomotive - The Exotics 16. Midnight Mover - The Ten Fours
Glen Glenn 17. Everybody's Movin' - Glen Glenn 18. My Eyes Are Open But There Ain't Nobody Home - Glen Glenn 19. Everybody's Movin' Again- Glen Glenn
Let's Rock ! 20. Fabulous - Charlie Gracie 21. Mona Lisa - Brian Setzer 22. Rockin' Mama - The Planet Rockers 23. This And That - Mark Harman Aussie 24. The Shape I'm In / You're So Square - Barry Pilkington
Another great batch of Rockabilly from our Downunder DJ Trevor Hyland! Thank you Trevor. If you have any requests, comments or would just like to say g'day! You can reach Trevor at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE FROM THE UK AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4794.
REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 12 - FLORIDA ROCKABILLY PART 1
From his studio in the UK, DJ Spinning Rock Boogie brings you another "Movin' & Groovin' Rock & Roll Show with part 12 in his series "Regional Round-Up" where a particular State of America is featured, with some of the record labels out of that State, the towns and cities where those record labels were situated, and of course the artists who recorded on them. This show features the State of Florida with rock & roll / rockabilly from the 1950's and 1960's. So climb aboard the Rocket, sit back, buckle up, and join Spinnining Rock Boogie on his trip around the State of Florida.
01. Intro - Medley 02. I Wonder - Billy J. Killen (59) Meridan - Winter Park 03. Roll On - Roger Smith (59) Air - Miami 04. You're A Doll - Rocky Davis (58) Blue Sky - Saint Cloud 05. Flying High - Jeanie Christie (58) Blue Sky - Saint Cloud 06. Give Me Lovin' - Tracey Pendarvis (58) Scott - Miami 07. Brown Eyed Girl - Hal Andrews (59) Choctaw - Valparaiso 08. You're It - Marlene Garner (60) Davco - Hilliard 09. Tranquilizer Boogie (instrumental) - Rex Qual (60) Apache - Crestview 10. Lucky Day - The Rhythm Rockets (57) Gulfstream - Hollywood 11. Rock And Roll Itch - Curley Jim & The Billy-Rocks (58) Metro - Miami 12. Cross Eyed Susie Wake Up - Bob & Vic (58) Sky - Saint Petersburg 13. Snaggle Tooth Ann - Gene Norman (59) Snag - Jacksonville 14. Let's Dance - Bobby Gay (59) Mida - Miami 15. Rockin' With Ruby - Johnny Redd (61) Carellen - Holly Hills 16. Black And White Shoes - Webster Dunn Jnr (?) Dunmar - Orlando 17. Meaner Than An Alligator - Ty B & Johnny (64) Red Wing - Pensacola 18. Little Bitty Girl - Bill Bell & The 4 Unknowns (59) Mida - Miami 19. Mr Dee Jay - The Continders (59) Blue Sky - Saint Cloud 20. Loneliness Of A Star - Ral Donner (63) Tau - West Palm Beach 21. She's Mean - Billy Sandin (59) Vim - Jacksonville 22. Let's Go Baby - Billy Eldridge & The Fireballs (59) Vulco - Fort Pierce 23. Lovers Lane Blues - Tommy Harbin (61) Valiant - Orlando 24. No Time For Heartaches - Tommy Spurlin (?) Art - Fort Lauderdale 25. The Blues Keep Knocking - Buck Trail (58) Trail - Miami 26. It Makes No Difference - Billy Mache & The Starfires (58) Impala - Orlando 27. Bad - John Amory (62) Gulfstream - Hollywood 28. Boy Watcher - Pat Parker & The Hi-Lites (?) Heartbeat - ? 29. It Don't Pay - Tracey Pendarvis & The Blue Notes (58) Scott Miami 30. Sloppy Sloppy Suzie - Curley Jim & The Billy-Rocks (59) Mida - Miami 31. Outro - Medley
Another fantastic bit of homework on Florida Rockabillies and much more. If you have any requests, comments or would just like to say Hello you can at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4795
Rockin' Daddy O is back this week with another rockin' set of Rockabilly here on Rock-it Radio. Both roots and new Rockabilly is represented in this show. Come have a listen by clicking to our program webpage of Rock-it Radio and selecting show #4795. Here is what you will hear.
1. Machine Gun-Riptides 2. On Trial-Fugitives 3. Don't Look Now-Them 4. You Can't Break My Soul-Bloodshots 5. Ten Long Fingers-Groovy Joe Poovey 6. You Drive Me Crazy-Ray Scott 7. I'm On Fire-Jerry Lee Lewis 8. Rockin' Together-Rockats 9. She's Allright-Bo Diddley 10. Pretty Plaid Skirt-Mel Smith & Niteriders 11. I've Got A Dollar-Jimmy Dell 12. I Can't Help It-Bing Day 13. Rockin' By Myself-Sammy Gowans 14. Mary Ann-Link Wray & Raymen 15. Deuces Wild-Link Wray & Raymen 16. Mustang-Link Wray & Raymen 17. Hillbilly Gal-Ranch Girls & Ragtime Wranglers 18. Love Bug Crawl-Jimmy Edwards 19. Red Hot Mama-Ronnie Dawson 20. Pretty Pretty Baby-Gene Vincent & Blue Caps 21. School House Rock-Billy Harlan 22. Dig-Viscounts 23. Little Chickie-Jimmy Kelly & Rock-A-Bouts 24. Lucille-Everly Brothers
Daddy O loves his e mail and if you would like to contact him with future requests, comments or would just like to say hello. You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== FLASHBACK SHOW -- BRIAN LEE AND THE ROCK, BOP AND DOO WOP SHOW IN SHOW #4796
This is a new feature we will be exploring here at Rock-it Radio. And let us know what you think. We will be digging deep into the Rock-it Radio archives and pull a show from the past. This show we don't have the playlist for but features great 50s rock and roll and doo wop. Originally released as show #1692 back in June of 2006. If you like this feature please let us know and we will dig out some more. Let us know here at Studio A at: email@example.com
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to have along with a
mailing address and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of
saying Thank you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we
will have August drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
AUSTRIAN DJ OTTO FUCHS TO RETURN TO ROCK-IT RADIO We are happy to report that after over a decade away from Rock-it Radio - Otto Fuchs and the Rockin' the Joint Rockabilly show will be returning to Rock-it Radio. Otto
was one of our early DJ's here at Rock-it Radio going back to 1999 and
2000. We will have his latest picture and description in our DJ page in
the next couple of days. And his premiere show will be online within the next couple of days also, Keep an eye out for it.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED. YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
This week: The Paris Sisters singing Dream Lover with interview with Dick Clark. Video inspired by Lane Quigley's show this week on the Girl Group Sound in show #4789 in our program webpage. In the top listing of our Vintage video site.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from February 1, 2014 to
February 13, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anthony Lawrence -- Magnolia, Delaware USA Joe Smythe -- Prince Edward Island, Canada John McNea -- University Heights, Ohio USA William Franqui -- Tampa, Florida USA Peter Lanthier -- Norwalk, Connecticut, USA John - New York, USA
And 31 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 51 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,522 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 2/13/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party Armed Forces Radio 2. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg WMEX Boston 12/12/1965 3. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as guest DJ WNEW NY 1974 4. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 5. RIR #359 -- Gus Gossert Oldies Show WPIX FM New York Feb. 1971 6. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 7. RIR #619 -- Ron Foster - KILT Houston 12/29/1968 8. RIR #425 -- Real Don Steele - KHJ Los Angeles 7/3/1967 9. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 10.RIR #428 -- Bob "Bobaloo" Lewis WABC New York 2/7/1964
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 2/13/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Mexico +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +0 5. Brazil +1 6. France -1 7. Hungary +1 8. Germany -1 9. Spain +2 10. Croatia +29! 11. Netherlands -2 12. Australia -2 13. Japan +4 14. Argentina -2 15. Philippines -2 16. Belgium +2 17. Sweden -4 18. Russia -3 19. Peru -1 20. Italy -1 21. Austria +3 22. Finland -1 23. Colombia -3 24. South Africa +3 25. Bolivia +1 26. India -1 27. Domincan Republic +4 28. Chile +0 29. Norway -2 30. Ireland -7 31. Poland +1 32. Czech Republic -8 33. Switzerland -6 34. Romania -1 35. Guatemala +0 36. Thailand +7 37. Paraguay +3 38. Saudi Arabia -2 39. Denmark -5 40. Greece -9 41. Uruguay +6 42. Ukraine +4 43. United Arab Emirates +2 44. Serbia +5 45. Malaysia +6 46. Indonesia +8 47. Costa Rica +13 48. Portugal +0 49. Nicaragua +7 50. New Zealand -4
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +1 3. New York -1 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. New Jersey +0 7. Washington +0 8. Ohio +0 9. Massachusetts +1 10. Illinois -1 11. North Carolina +2 12. Virginia +0 13. Maryland -2 14. Indiana +0 15. Michigan +2 16. Georgia -1 17. Tennessee -1 18. Connecticut +1 19. Alabama -1 20. Missouri +1 21. Arizona -1 22. Rhode Island +2 23. Kansas +3 24. Oregon +4 25. Minnesota -3 26. Wisconsin -3 27. South Carolina -3 28. Kentucky +3 29. Louisiana +0 30. Colorado -2 31. Delaware +1 32. Iowa -1 33. Nevada +0 34. Oklahoma +4 35. Idaho +5 36. West Virginia -2 37. Nebraska -1 38. Montana +3 39. Arkansas +4 40. New Mexico -1 41. Mississippi -10 42. New Hampshire -4 43. Wyoming +0 44. Hawaii +2 45. Maine +0 46. Utah -4 47. District of Columbia +4 48. South Dakota +2 49. Vermont -1 50. North Dakota -1 51. Alaska -4
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!