As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, February 24, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4797 to #4809
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Time for another newsletter and we have a whole bunch of new shows this time - 13 to be exact and there playlists are below including a returning Rock-it Radio DJ show that is back after a decade of absence. Plus other Rock-it Radio happenings.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4797 - MORE MEMORIES OF THE 50s & 60s
This week's Memory Lane Show features a great variety of hot sides from the 50's and early 60's, along with a half dozen interview clips telling the stories behind the music. Host Lane Quigley also plays and brings us the story of one of the rarest and most valuable recordings of all time. Get ready to rock and roll.
1. Red Hot - Billy Lee Riley 1957 2. Honey Hush - Joe Turner 1953 SOUND BITE 3. Liar - The Regents 1961 4. Pushin' Your Luck - Sleepy King 1961 5. Thirty Days - Ernest Tubb 1955 6. The Bird's The Word - The Rivingtons 1963 SOUND BITE 7. One Mint Julep - The Clovers 8. Red Pepper (Parts 1 & 2) - Roosevelt Fountain 1962 9. Mr. Lonely - The Videls 1960 10. Little Coquette - Jimmy Beasley 1956 SOUND BITE 11. Sparkle and Shine - The Four Coquettes 1961 12. Don't Start Me Talkin' - Sonny Boy Wiliamson 1955 13. Stormy Weather - The Five Sharps 1951 14. Go On, Go On - Jivin' Gene & The Jokers 1960 SOUND BITES 15. Tennessee - Jan & Dean 1962 16. Locked Up - Sonny Fulton 1961 17. Open Up The Back Door - The Midnighters 1956 SOUND BITE 18. Little Bit - Bobby Lonero 1960 19. Another Train Coming - Kim Weston 1963 20. Like a Baby - Elvis Presley 1960 SOUND BITE 21. The Girl's a Devil - The Dukays 1961 22. Bad Girl - The Miracles 1959 23. I'm Sorry Pillow - Lee Andrews 1962
Thanks Lane for another great musical memory of yesteryear. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PREMIERE BROADCAST -- OTTO FUCHS & THE ROCKIN' THE JOINT SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4798
For many of you that listened to Otto Fuchs Rocket 88 show last decade from his studios in Baden, Austria. He has returned to Rock-it Radio and we are happy to have him! He is still spinning that Rockabilly in his new show dedicated to Bill Haley - Rockin' The Joint Show. Come on in to our program page and check out his premiere broadcast as show #4798. Here is the playlist of what you will hear.
01. Hey Mr. DJ - MAL CATMAN CLINT 02. Rock The Joint - BILL HALEY 03. Lawdy Miss Clawdy - ELVIS PRESLEY 04. All MamaÂ´s Children - CARL PERKINS 05. Home Of The Blues - JOHNNY CASH 06. Hang Up My Rock & Roll Shoes - JERRY LEE LEWIS 07. Million Dollar Quartet - RONNIE HAIG 08. Domino - ROY ORBISON 09. Teenage Heaven - EDDIE COCHRAN 10. Wedding Bells - GENE VINCENT 11. Gene & Eddie - BRIAN SETZER & THE NASHVILLAINS 12. Long Blond Hair - JOHNNY POWERS 13. Rockabilly Blues - THE SLAPBACKS 14. Please Mama Please - GO CAT GO 15. Baby I DonÂ´t Care - ROBERT GORDON 16. Poison Ivy League - RAL DONNER 17. True Lips - CLIFF RIVERS aka JOEY CASTLE 18. Games You've Been Playing - JIMMY ELLIS aka ORION 19. Promised Land - JOHNNIE ALLEN 20. Story Of The Rockers - SHAKIN' STEVENS & THE SUNSETS 21. Teenage Idol - RICKY NELSON 22. Lonely Teenager - DION 23. This Road That I Walk - CONWAY TWITTY 24. Peggy Sue Got Married - BUDDY HOLLY 25. Running Around - BILLY FURY 26. Danny - MARTY WILDE 27. Travelling Light - CLIFF RICHARD 28. Jukebox Cannonball - BILL HALEY AND THE COMETS
If you would like to welcome Otto back or have a future request for his show you can contact him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org Also, check out his bio. in our DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH PT. 2 TRIBUTE TO JIMMY T-99 NELSON IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4799
This show concludes my two part examination of the recordings and career of R&B great Jimmy T-99 Nelson. His style is compared to that of his mentor and good friend Big Joe Turner. An attempt will be made to show the similarities between the two performers. This is achieved by playing side by side comparisons of the two throughout the show. It should be noted also that Jimmy inspired B.B. King and some of his recordings will be featured as well. The play list is as follows:
1. Rocking chair blues - Jimmy T 99 Nelson 1995 2. Holly wood Bed - Big Joe Turner 1950 3. Married men like to sport - Jimmy T 99 Nelson 4. My gals a jockey - Big Joe Turner 1946 5. Meet me with your black dress on - Jimmy T99 Nelson 1952 6. Well all right - Big Joe Turner 1954 7. Little Miss Teasin Brown - Jimmy T99 Nelson 1953 8. Around the Clock pt. 1 - Big Joe Turner 1947 9. Around the clock pt. 2 - Big Joe Turner 1947 10. Around the Corner - Jimmy T99 Nelson 1953 11. Wine-O-Baby - Big Joe Turner 1948 12. Everyday I have the blues - B.B. King 1959 13. Lovin' Nights - Jimmy T99 Nelson 1995 14. Rich Little Girl - Jimmy T99 Nelson 1952 15. Born to gamble - Big Joe Turner 1948 16. I love ya, I Love ya - Big Joe Turner 1948 17. The night time is the right time - Big Joe Turner 1975 18. Sweet Little Angel - B.B. King 1960 19. Down Below - Jimmy T99 Nelson 1995
Thanks Al for another fine feature of R&B on Rock-it Radio. If you have any comments or requests to the Cool Daddy you can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR WITH A FEATURE ON DUETS ON SHOW #4800.
"Duets" In memory of Phil Everly (1939-2014) this show features all duets...brother acts, sister acts, brother and sister acts, guys singing with guys, guys singing with gals, gals singing with gals...something for everyone who likes great harmony...
1. Just In Case - The Everly Brothers 1960 2. Nashville Blues - The Everly Brothers 1960 3. I Want You To Know - The Everly Brothers 1060 4. Everybody's Tryin' To Be My Baby - The York Brothers 1957 5. Uncles John's Bongo - Johnny & Jack 1958 6. White Lightning - Gene Vincent & Eddie Cochran 1960 (Live) 7. Love Me - Wayne Walker & Jimmy Lee Fautheree 1955 8. My Little Baby - Jimmy & Johnny 1959 9. Don't You Just Know It - The Fendermen 1960 10. Hot Rod - The Collins Kids 1957 (Live) 11. Early American - Joe Maphis & Larry Collins 1957 (Live) 12. Full Grown Cat - The McCoys 1958 13. When You Wore A Tulip - Jerry Lee Lewis & Linda Gail Lewis 1972 (Live) 14. Do Dee Oodle Dee Do I'm In Love - Norma & Linda 1958 15. No Help Wanted - Bob & Lucille 1961 16. Real Gone Jive - The Nettles Sisters 1956 17. Oh Ricky - The Beverly Sisters 1959 18. Rockabye Boogie - The Davis Sisters 1953 19. Someday You Will Pay - The Miller Sisters 1955 20. Middle Of The Night - The Tuttle Sisters 1960 21. My Lover Has Left Me - Joan & Joy 1957 22. Rock & Roll Thunderbird - The Burt Sisters Unissued 23. Bacon & Eggs - The Lovett Sisters 1954 24. No Way Out - Joyce Harris & Clarence Smith 1961
Great show Mike! If you have any comments or would just like to say hello or future requests for Mike, you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4801 - FIVE DISCS MANY SPECIAL
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
"THE FIVE DISCS MINI-SPECIAL"
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. I Remember-The Five Discs (1958) 3. My Chinese Girl-The Five Discs (xxxx) 4. Come on Baby-The Five Discs (xxxx) 5. My Baby Loves Mel-The Five Discs (1961) 6. Adios-The Five Discs (1961) 7. You Belong to Me-The Five Discs (xxxx) 8. Never Let You Go-The Five Discs (1962) 9. Rock & Roll Revival-The Five Discs (1972) 10. Zu Zu-The Five Discs (1991)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Hide & Go Seek-Part 1-Bunker Hill (1962) 12. Basketball Jones-Cheech & Chong (1973)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Get a Job-Neil Young (2012) 14. I Love You So-The Crows (1954) 15. I Love You So-The Chantels (1958) 16. The Be-Bop Mouse-The Cellos (1957)
============================================== BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL RETRO SHOW WITH THE GIANT JUKEBOX ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4802.
Rock-it D J Bill Green is back with his Giant Juke Box on Rock 'n Roll Retrospective. And as always Bill presents a wide variety of great tunes. Hear the big stars like Elvis, Ricky Nelson, the Drifters and the Coasters. Take a trip to the Island of Lost Records. And check out a Hit song along with its Fabulous Flip Side. All this and a whole lot more.
1) Night - Jackie Wilson (1960) 2) (All Of A Sudden) My Heart Sings - Paul Anka (1959) 3) Running Scared - Roy Orbison (1961) 4) That'll Be The Day - The Crickets (1957) 5) Handy Man - Jimmy Jones (1960) 6) Hey Now! - The Flamingos (1957) 7) Last Date - Floyd Cramer (1960) 8) Dance With Me - The Drifters (1959) 9) That's How Heartaches Are Made - The Marvelettes (1969) 10) Hearts Are Made To Be Broken - The Sapphires (1964) 11) Got To Get You Off Of My Mind - Solomon Burke (1965) 12) He's Gone - The Chantels (1957) 13) The Plea - The Chantels (1957) 14) Here She Comes - The Tymes (1964) 15) Back In My Arms Again - The Supremes (1965) 16) Make Me Know It - Elvis Presley (1960) 17) Drifting Apart - Mack Starr & The Watts (1962) 18) I Believe I Love You - Joe Perkins & The Rookies (1959) 19) Time Alone Will Tell - (1957) 20) It's Up To You - Ricky Nelson (1963) 21) Poison Ivy - The Coasters (1959) 22) Spirit Of America - The Beach Boys (1963) 23) The Lonely Surfer - Jack Nitzsche (1963) 24) The Bell - The Originals (1970)
Bill Green loves his e mails along with requests, comments and hellos. You can reach him here on Rock-it Radio at: email@example.com
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4803 - UNDERGROUND RADIO!
AOR RADIO - 1970 to 1978. Album Oriented Rock - K-FIG FM, Fresno. Underground Rock with K-FIG Weekend Ann. - Ron McCarey.
1) MISSISSIPPI QUEEN - MOUNTAIN 2) OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY - LED ZEPPELIN 3) ALL THE YOUNG DUDES - MOTT THE HOOPLE 4) MOODY RICHARD - DAN HICKS AND THE HOT LICKS 5) ONE WAY SUNDAY - MARK-ALMOND 6) BROWNSVILLE/MOCKINGBIRD - JOY OF COOKING 7) GUD'BYE T' JANE - SLADE 8) ALBATROSS - FLEETWOOD MAC 9) SUN KING - THE BEATLES 10) HOT JELLY ROLL BLUES - HOT TUNA 11) HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN - THE BEATLES 12) SHOW BIZ KIDS - STEELY DAN (Bad word edited out) 13) OVERTURE (From "Tommy") - THE WHO 14) I'M FREE (From "Tommy") - THE WHO 15) STRANGE DAYS - THE DOORS 16) YOU TURN ME ON, I'M A RADIO - JONI MITCHELL 17) WOODSTOCK - CROSBY, STILLS, NASH & YOUNG 18) SPACE ODDITY - DAVID BOWIE
Thanks Mel for another Rockin' Segment of the Back in Time show. If you would like to write to Mel with any requests, or comments or hellos you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4804 - SPOTLIGHT ON JOE LIGGINS
There were so many important figures in post WWII Rhythm & Blues that helped build what would become Rock n' Roll. Today's popular culture has left so many musical pioneers behind and this week the "Juke In The Back" features Joe Liggins, one such pioneer who's been largely forgotten. Liggins scored one of the biggest hits of all-time when his "The Honeydripper" hit #1 on the R&B Chart for 18 staggering weeks in 1945. Singer/songwriter and music historian, Billy Vera drops by the "Juke" to tell us how "The Honeydripper" became such an enormous hit. Liggins scored 10 solid hits for Leon Rene's Exclusive Records before moving to Art Rupe's Specialty Records in 1950. At Specialty, Liggins had the biggest R&B hit of 1950 when "Pink Champagne went to #1 for 13 weeks and ended up selling more copies than "The Honeydripper." It looked like Joe Liggins' career couldn't be stopped, but soon Rock n' Roll, the music he helped create, pushed him and his contemporaries aside to make way for the youth movement. The "Juke In The Back" is proud to honor one of the great musical pioneers of the last century as Matt The Cat plays every chart hit from the fantastic Joe Liggins.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. The Honeydripper Pt. 1 & 2 - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1945 3. Left A Good Deal In Mobile - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1945 4. Got A Right To Cry - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1946 5. Tanya - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1946 6. Blow Mr. Jackson - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1947 7. Sweet Georgia Brown - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1948 8. Dripper's Blues - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1948 9. Roll Em' - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1948 10. The Darktown Strutters Ball - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1948 11. Rag Mop - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Specialty 1950 12. GREAT 78 - Sweet & Lovely - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Exclusive 1948 13. Pink Champagne - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Specialty 1950 14. Little Joe s Boogie - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Specialty 1951 15. Frankie Lee - Joe Liggins & His Honeydrippers - Specialty 1951 16. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah - Joe Liggins & His Orch - Merucry 1954 17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
If you have any future requests or comments to Matt the Cat you can reach him at: Mattthecat@rockitradio.net
============================================== TED LOUKES AND THE ROCKABILLY RHYTHM SHOW FROM SOUTH AFRICA ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4805
From his studios in South Africa - Rockabilly Rhythm show's host Ted Loukes is back with more great sounding Rockabilly from around the Globe! Check out what you will hear in show #4805 of Rock-it Radio!
01 Rockabilly Rhythm Intro 02 Rock Baby Rock It - Johnny Carroll 1957 03 I Flipped - Gene Vincent & His Bluecaps 1957 04 Frankie & Johnny - Charlie Feathers 1956 05 Mad Man - Jimmy Wages 1957 06 Tell 'em Off - Onie Wheeler 1959 07 Jukebox Boogie - Big Jeff & The Radio Playboys 1951 08 Stack-A-Record - Tom Tall & His Tomcats 1958 09 Blue Days, Black Nights - Bob Luman 1957/8 10 Chilli Dippin' Baby - Joyce Poynter 1957 11 Cool Off Baby - Billy "Curley" Barrix 1957 12 Jukebox Rock'N'Roll - Ray Coleman and His Skyrockets 1957 13 Cool Cool Baby - Lafayette Yarborough 1958 14 Hop Rock - Wes Holly And His Rhythm Ranchers 1958 15 Rocky Road Blues - Ronnie Self 1957 16 Hey Babe, Let's Go Downtown - Joe Therrien Jr. & Rockets 1957 17 Teenage Rebel - Arthur Smith & His Crackerjacks 1957 18 Vibrate - Mack Self 1958 19 She Don't Live Here No More - Art Adams 1960 20 Done You Wrong - Danny Mote 1961 21 Hot And Cold - Marvin Rainwater 1956 22 Rock A-Billie Music - Gradie Joe 1958 23 Rabbit Action - Jimmy Haggett 1956 24 Ooby Dooby - Roy Orbison 1956 25 I Wanna Waltz - Wanda Jackson 1958 26 Good Times In Memphis - Alton Delmore ?
Thanks Ted for the great Rockabilly Tunes! If you would like to write to Ted with future requests, dedications, comments or a friendly hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4806
Some great Rockabilly is ready to be heard right here on Rock-it Radio with Jackie Bond from his studios in the UK. Here is this week's playlist when you click to listen to show #4806. Jackie Bond presents the top 25 collectable/valuable rock n roll records released in the UK. What's your choice for No. 1 ? Tune in and find out.
1. Get Out - The Troopers - Vogue - £750/$1200 2. One Two,Let's Rock - Sugar Pie and Pee Wee - Vogue - £750/$1200 3. Lock My Heart - The Sharps - Vogue - £750/$1200 4. Blue Days,Black Nights - Buddy Holly - Brunswick - £800/$1300 5. Flippin' Over You - Ronnie Pearson - HMV - £800/$1300 6. One Night - Smiley Lewis - London American - £800/$1200 7. So Afraid - The Tantones - Vogue - £850/$1400 8. Now You Tell Me - The Cupids - £900/$1500 9. Nip Sip - The Clovers - £900/$1500 10. I Found A Girl - The Valadiers - Oriole - £900/$1500 11. Peggy Sue - Rusty York - Parlophone - £1000/$1600 12. I Found Myself A Brand New Baby - Mike And The Modifiers - £1000/$1600 13. Riding On A Train - The Commodores - London American - £1000/$1600 14. I'm A Fool About Your Love - Werly Fairburn - London American - £1000/$1600 15. To The Aisle - The Five Satins - London American - £1000/$1600 16. Don't Walk Out - The Barons - London American - £1500/$2500 17. Soldier Of Fortune - The Drifters - London American - £1500/$2500 18. Walking The Blues - Willie Dixon - London American - £1500/$2500 19. You Ain't Treatin' Me Right - Mac Curtis - Parlophone - £1750/$2900 20. Earth Angel - The Penguins - London American - £1800+/$2900+ 21. Gee - The Crows - Columbia - £2000/$3300 22. Ruby Pearl - Jackie Lee Cochran - Brunswick - £2500/$4000 23. Sh-Boom - The Chords - Columbia - £2500/$4000 24. See You Later Alligator - Bobby Charles - London American - £2500/$4000 25. Latch On - Ron Hargrave - MGM - £3000/$5000 26. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin (Outro)
Some great stuff there to keep you Rockin'! If you would like to write to Jackie Bond you can by reaching him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== CHECK OUT OUR ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY LINKS PAGE AT:
============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4807
Cool Bobby B is back this week with more Doo Wop and Group Harmony from the 50s & 60s and even today! Here is this week's playlist of what you will hear on the Doo Wop Stop.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee 2. I love you -- The Volumes 3. That day will never come -- The Parktowns 4. Not too young to fall in love -- Lewis Lymon & Teenchords 5. La La (Hey baby) -- The Cobras 6. My True Story -- Jive Five 7. Fat Fat Fat Mom Mi O -- The Chalets 8. High on a hill -- Scott English 9. You baby you -- The Cleftones 10. Let me love you -- The Headliners 11. Why do fools fall in love -- The Chicletttes 12. Walking along -- The Diamonds 13. Who knows who cares -- The Holidays 14. Itchy Twitchy feeling -- The Swallows 15. The Girl I love -- The Cadillacs 16. Lost Love -- The Superiors 17. We go together -- The Moonglows 18. Smoke gets in your eyes -- The Platters 19. Soldier boy -- The Shirelles 20. Sh-Boom -- The Crew Cuts 21. I only want you -- The Passions 22. Lover Please -- Clyde McPhatter 23. Young Blood -- The Coasters 24. Island of Love -- The Sheppards 25. The Plea -- The Chantels 26. Why do you have to go -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 27. Traveling stranger -- Little Anthony & Imperials 28. Candy -- The Astros 29. Story Untold -- The Nutmegs 30. In my heart -- The Time Tones 31. Forever in love with you -- Philly Cuzz 32. One Summer Night -- Philly Cuzz 33. Picture of your love -- The Continentals 34. What kind of fool -- Bill Deal & Rhondells 35. My girl awaits me -- The Castelles
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: email@example.com
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE FROM THE UK AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4808.
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 13 - INDIANA PT 1"
From his studio in the UK, DJ Spinning Rock Boogie brings you more rip-roaring rock and roll with part 13 of his series "Regional Round-Up". This is a series that features a particular State of America with the record labels out of that State, the towns and cities where those labels were situated, and of course, the artists who recorded on them. "Indiana
Pt 1" includes Rockabilly, Doo Wop, Rock and Roll, Girl Groups and
instrumentals, plus the regular feature - The Smooch Spot, with music
from right across the board from the 1950's / 1960's. So, climb aboard the Rocket, sit back, buckle up, and join Spinning Rock Boogie on his journey through the State of Indiana.
ROCK & BOP
01. Intro - Medley 02. Heads Up (instrumental) - The Dell Tones (58) Tyme - Indianapolis 03. Rock On Baby - Bill Sherrell (58) Tyme - Indianapolis 04. Dig That Rock And Roll - Jim Alley & The Alley Cats (61) Pearl - Muncie 05. Jitterbug Jamboree - Luther Bond & The Emeralds (59) Showboat - Santa Claus 06. Tornado - The Jiants (59) Claudra - Marion 07. Bee Bop Baby - Web Foley (56) Emerald - Fort Wayne 08. Working Man's Blues - Ronnie Newton (59) Armoneer - Winona Lake 09. Oh Ricky - The Gaye / Beverley Sisters (59) Glenn - Hammond 10. Rockin' At The Hop - The Cassidy Sisters (58) Hop - Indianapolis 11. Really Do You Care - Darrell Lee & The Rock-Its (61) Eunice - Evansville 12. Mean Woman Blues - Jim Johnson & The Starlighters (58) Midwest - Goshen 13. Yo Yo Girl - Dickie & The Debonaires (66) Valli - South Bend 14. Hurtin' And Cryin' - Mike Ryan (63) Premier IV - Fort Wayne
15. It's Too Late For Love - The Vanguards (69) Lamp - Indianapolis 16. My Vow To You - The Students (59) Note - Indianapolis 17. Big Boy - The Jackson 5 (68) Steeltown - Gary 18. Judy - The Renagades (65) Triumph - Logansport
ROCK & BOP
19. Move Over Rover - Billy Hall (62) Glenn - Hammond 20. Don't Need No Job - Jerry Parsons & The Blue Jeans (59) AMP - Columbus 21. Denny - The Shades (64) Metropolis - Winona Lake 22. Honky Tonkin' Rhythm - Bobby Sisco (56) Mar-Vel - Hammond 23. Lazy River Blues - JR & The Golden Nuggets (65) Golden - Noblesville 24. Just Rockin' - Glen Cooper & His Jets (57) Mecca - Indianapolis 25. Red Rooster (instrumental) - Rusty York (59) Note - Indianapolis 26. Rock A Rhumba - Danny & The Del-Airs (62) Stripe - Fort Wayne 27. Complications - Bubba Jordan (60) Showboat - Santa Claus 28. Feet's Too Big - Skip Cody (58) Jet - Indianapolis 29. The Great Pretender - Jim Alley & The Alley Cats (61) Pearl - Muncie 30. Outro - Medley
Another fantastic bit of homework on Indiana Rockers of yesteryear. If you have any requests, comments or would just like to say Hello you can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW DOUBLE FEATURE IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4809
Dave is back this week with more Rockin' Tunes from the 60s. Some are very rare and some are sure to spark a memory! It's a double feature this week and we are sure happy to air this show on Rock-it Radio!
1. Boss Sauce - Buena Vistas 2. Tell Me Tell Me - Ann Kirk 3. I'm The Place - Bob Morrison 4. Big Time - Lou Christie 5. Big Man In Town - Four Season 6. Big Man - Barbara Jackson 7. Love - Gladys 8. If It Love, It's Alright - Eddie Holland 9. Now That She's Gone - Intruders 10 Evil Hearted You - Human Beinz 11.Come On Up - Thee Impalas 12.You Better Run - Young Rascals 13.Ain't Love A Sweet Thing - Harrison Brothers 14.96 Tears - Big Maybelle 15.Only The Guilty Cry - Clydie King 16.Warning - Marauders 17.Six O'Clock - Lovin Spoonful 18.A Fool For A Fool - Ike and Tina Turner 19.Revenge - The Others (Discovery of the Week) 20.You're My Baby - The Carolines 21.Party at Verne's - Satellite Band
1. Drums A Go-Go - Hollywood Persuaders 2. It's The Beat - Major Lance 3. Dancin Master - Bandwagon 4. At the Party - Wade Flemons 5. I'll Never Go To A Party Again - Charles Hodges 6. Every Day and Every Night - Trolls 7. Don't Shoot Me Down -Brogues 8. I Want More Lovin - Chylds 9. That's The Way Love Is - Del Shannon 10 I'd Like To Know - Castells 11. This Boy - Beatles 12. One and One is Two- Badbeats 13.Follow Me - Nobody 14.I've Got No More To Say - Thomas Group 15.Romeo - Geno Washington 16.Not For Love Or Money - Gary Hodge 17.Who Do You Love - Preachers 18.She Had Me Reelin - Sonny Knight 19.Tore Up - Harmonica Fats 20.Johnny Johnny Jump Up - Cattanooga Cats (Discovery of the Week)
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
Studio A at: email@example.com
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to have along with a
mailing address and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of
saying Thank you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we
will have August drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED. YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from February 14, 2014 to
February 24, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doug Tracy - New Albany, Ohio USA Tim Driscoll - West Virginia USA Scott Guidry - Silsbee, Texas USA Carmen Braddick - Brampton, Ontario Canada Paul Leroy - Maspeth, New York USA Asberry Butler - Baltimore, Maryland USA Thomas Jenkins - Kodiak, Alaska USA Brenda Callucci -- Regina, Saskatchewan Canada Joey Johnston - Lillington, North Carolina USA
And 21 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 43 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,565 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 2/13/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party Armed Forces Radio 2. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as guest DJ WNEW NY 1974 3. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 4. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg WMEX Boston 12/12/1965 5. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 6. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 7. RIR #359 -- Gus Gossert Oldies Show WPIX FM New York Feb. 1971 8. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 9. RIR #619 -- Ron Foster - KILT Houston 12/29/1968 10.RIR #425 -- Real Don Steele - KHJ Los Angeles 7/3/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 2/13/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +1 3. Mexico -1 4. Canada +0 5. Brazil +0 6. Hungary +1 7. Croatia +1 8. France -2 9. Spain +0 10. Germany -3 11. Japan +2 12. Australia +0 13. Netherlands -2 14. Argentina +0 15. Philippines +0 16. Belgium +0 17. Austria +4 18. Sweden -1 19. Italy +1 20. Russia -3 21. Peru -2 22. South Africa +2 23. Finland -1 24. Dominican Republic +3 25. Colombia -4 26. Chile +2 27. Poland +4 28. Norway +1 29. Ireland +1 30. India -8 31. Bolivia -8 32. Thailand +4 33. Paraguay +4 34. Switzerland -4 35. Guatemala +0 36. Denmark +3 37. Ukraine +5 38. Saudi Arabia +0 39. Romania -4 40. Czech Republic -4 41. Greece -2 42. Uruguay -2 43. Serbia +1 44. Malaysia +1 45. Indonesia +1 46. New Zealand +4 47. Turkey +5 48. Costa Rica -7 49. Puerto Rico +14 50. Bosnia & Herzegovina +11
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +1 7. New Jersey -1 8. Illinois +2 9. Massachusetts +0 10. Ohio -2 11. North Carolina +0 12. Maryland +1 13. Virginia -1 14. Indiana +0 15. Georgia +1 16. Michigan -1 17. Missouri +3 18. Alabama +1 19. Rhode Island +3 20. Oregon +4 21. Tennessee -4 22. Arizona -4 23. Connecticut -4 24. Kansas -2 25. Wisconsin +1 26. Kentucky +2 27. Minnesota -2 28. Colorado +2 29. Louisiana +0 30. Delaware +1 31. South Carolina -2 32. Oklahoma +2 33. Nevada +0 34. Nebraska +3 35. Idaho +0 36. Iowa -4 37. West Virginia -1 38. Montana +0 39. Arkansas +0 40. Utah +6 41. Mississippi +0 42. Maine +3 43. New Hampshire -1 44. New Mexico -7 45. Hawaii -2 46. Wyoming -6 47. Vermont +2 48. District of Columbia -1 49. South Dakota -2 50. North Dakota +0 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!