As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4918 to #4939
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Late on this newsletter but we were swamped over the weekend and just now catching up. We were able to squeeze in a couple of more shows. And have a total of 12 shows since last newsletter and their playlists. Drawings for this week's winners of Listener Club members and some scarey news from Youtube we caught in the news this morning - And news on a upcoming Annual East Coast vs. West Coast battle. And a new Rock-it Radio DJ Keith Baxter in his premiere show on show #4929!!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4928
This week's Memory Lane Show features a variety pack of great sounds from the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio, including some listener favorites and some tunes that haven't been played in awhile. As always, host Lane Quigley shares some sound bites from his library of interview clips to help add some background on the music. Rock, blues, soul, rockabilly, doo wop, jump blues, pop, Motown, instrumentals .... this show's got it all !!
1. A Foolish Fool - Benn Joe Zeppa 1956 2. Just a Little Bit - Rosco Gordon 1960 SOUND BITE 3. Rave On - Buddy Holly 1958 4. Hey Bartender - Floyd Dixon 1954 5. Rebound - Charlie Rich 1959 6. Watch Your Step - Brooks O'Dell 1963 SOUND BITE 7. Blue Turns To Grey - Dick & Dee Dee 1964 8. Rolling Stone - The Marigolds 1955 9. Rat Race - Richard Maltby 1960 10. Everybody Knew - The La-Rells 1961 SOUND BITE 11. My Mama Told Me - Barbara Lewis 1962 12. Meet Me With Your Black Dress On - Jimmy T-99 Nelson 1953 13. Walkin' The Beat - Ernie Freeman 1958 14. You're My Remedy - The Marvelettes 1964 SOUND BITES 15. Never Had It So Good - Chuck Jackson & Maxine Brown 1967 16. A Little Bird - The Hollywood Flames 1958 17. My Life For Your Love - The Four Lovers 1957 18. You Don't Need a Heart - Teddy Randazzo 1965 SOUND BITE 19. Let Me Go The Right Way - The Supremes 1963 20. She's a Flirt - The Jewels 1956 21. Got You On My Mind - John Greer 1952 SOUND BITE 22. Glory of Love - The Five Keys 1951 23. For The First Time - The Platters 1958 24. It Can't Be True - The Original Turks 1956
Thank you to Lane Quigley for another great show and if you would like to send comments, hellos or talk about the Music from the Class of 1964 you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PREMIERE BROADCAST!!! KETIH BAXTER AND THE GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4929.
From Brighton, United Kingdom the latest member of the Rock-it Radio Family! Keith Baxter presents the Good Rockin' Tonight show. Filled with 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Rockabilly and Doo Wop. Check out this playlist of songs he has come up with!
1. Love Bug Crawl - Jimmy Edwards 1958 2. (You Can't Take) My Boyfriend's Woody - Angels 1964 3. Watch Your Step - Bobby Parker 1961 4. The Train Of Love - Annette Funicello 1960 5. La Bamba - Trini Lopez 1966 6. Dynamite At Midnight - King Curtis 1957 7. Church Bells May Ring - Willows 1956 8. Make Believe World - Kodaks 1958 9. I Don't Know What You've Got But It's Got Me - Little Richard 1965 10. He's Sure The Boy I Love - Crystals 1962 11. Flying Saucers Rock 'n' Roll - Billy Lee Riley 1957 12. High Tide - Lively Ones 1963 13. Rocky - Rockin' Sidney and His All Stars 1959 14. Let's Stick Together - Wilbert Harrison 1962 15. (We're Gonna ) Jump For Joy - Joe Turner with Howard Biggs Orchestra 1958 16. Teenager In Love - Marty Wilde 1959 17. Can't We Be Sweethearts - Dion 1963 18. We Need Elvis Back - Katmen 2013 19. Hot Dog! That Made Him Mad - Wanda Jackson 1956 20. Casbah - Sandy Nelson 1965
Make sure to Check out Keith's Bio in our DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html
Thanks Keith and we heard Keith is already working on show number two. Thank you Keith and if you would like to write to Keith and welcome him aboard or just to say hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND THE LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4930
From across the Pond in the UK - Jackie Bond is back with another hour of old and new Rockabilly. If you love Rockabilly you should definetly catch this show! By just clicking to the speaker on our program webpage of show #4930. Here is the playlist of the show.
1. I Got The Time - Hank Beach 2. Sucker For A Cheap Guitar - Marc Bristol 3. Tennessee Stud - The Slapbacks 4. Dog House Boogie - Hawkshaw Hawkins 5. Little Doggie - Johnny Harper 6. Hot Shot - Eddie Clendening 7. Do The Bop - Hicksville Bombers 8. Tennessee - Carl Perkins 9. Kansas City - Carl Mann 10. Rockyn Up - Ronnie Molleen 11. Honey Bop - Wanda Jackson 12. Woman Love - Gene Vincent 13. Rock And Roll Rhythm - Lucky Marcell And The Rambling Three 14. Abracadabra - Lew Williams 15. Don't Wait Up - Laura Lee Perkins 16. Midnight Line - Bob Riley 17. Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry 18. Do Me No Wrong - Pat Cupp 19. Barking Up The Wrong Tree - Don Woody 20. Move - Boyd Bennett 21. Bop Crazy Baby - Vern Pullens 22. Swinging Boogie - Ray Smith 23. Worried 'Bout You Baby - Maylon Humphries 24. Restless - Buddy Knox 25. Hole In My Shoe - Pink Peg Slax 26. High Blood Pressure - Gene Vincent 27. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Jackie loves his e mail! So if you would like to write him with a Rockabilly Request or just to say hello! You can reach him at JackieBond@rockitradio.net
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4931
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Crazy Bells-The Marcels (1961) 3. I Love You, Darling-The Valentines (1955) 4. Gum Drop-Otis Williams & The Charms (circa 1963) 5. No One to Love Me-The Shaweez (1952) 6. Two People in the World-The Marcels (1961) 7. Doreen is Never Boring-The Mystics (1978) 8. I Laughed-The Jesters (xxxx) 9. Ding Ding Dong-The Jive Tones (1958) 10. by request: Here I Stand-WadeFlemmons (xxxx)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. So Strange-The Five Dollars (The Don Juans) (1955) 12. Vadunt Un Va Da-The Ramblers (circa 1955)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Yes, Oh Baby, Yes-The Laddins (1959) 14. The Merengue-The Bell Tones (1959) 15. The Facts of Love-The Fluorescents (19590 16. If You Want To-The Carousels (1962)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. La La-The Four Knights (1963) 18. Tick Tick Tock-Teddy & The Continentals (1961) 19. Dear Lady Twist-Gary "U.S." Bonds (1962) 20. Unchained Melody-The Five Discs (1978)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. There Goes a Fool-The Gaytunes (xxxx) 22. Jeannie-Grand Central Echoes (1985) 23. Bells Ring-The Paradons (1960) 24. Newly Weds-The Orchids (1955) 25. Nadine-The Coronets (1954) 26. Flames in my Heart-The Channels (1957)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK IS BACK WITH PART I TRIBUTE TO THE MOONGLOWS IN SHOW #4932
The Moonglows, Pt. 2
Much has been written about the great R&B vocal groups of the 1950s. Many of the classic groups were either great musicians and vocalists and never had the recognition or record sales to back it up or these groups were thrown together, they couldn't sing very well and scored one, solid hit that still spins in the eternal jukebox of public consciousness. The Moonglows were one of the few groups to come out of the post World War II, pre-Elvis era, who were extremely talented and had the sales figures and notoriety to back it up. Originally called The Crazy Sounds, Harvey Fuqua and Bobby Lester led The Moonglows to a #1 R&B smash in 1954 with "Sincerely" on Chess, but that was after a somewhat bumpy start on Alan Freed's Champagne Records and Chicago's Chance Records. This week, Matt The Cat presents part 2 of a 2 part feature on the fantastic Moonglows, covering their career from 1956 through their breakup in 1958 and the singles that followed through the end of 1961. An interview with the late Reese Palmer reveals how Harvey Fuqua came to hire his group, The Marquees as the 'new' Moonglows. This week's 'Juke In The Back' shares the rest of the story on this influential and important 1950s vocal group.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons Mercury 1947 2. We Go Together - The Moonglows Chess 1956 3. Chickie Um Bah - The Moonglows 4. See Saw - The Moonglows Chess 1956 5. When I'm With You - The Moonglows Chess 1956 6. Over and Over Again (slow version) - The Moonglows Chess 1956 7. Over and Over Again (fast version) - The Moonglows Chess 1956 8. Please Send Me Someone To Love - The Moonglows Chess 1957 9. Mr. Engineer (Bring Her Back To Me) - The Moonglows Chess 1957 10. The Beating Of My Heart - The Moonglows Chess 1957 11. Here I Am - The Moonglows Chess 1957 12. Sweeter Than Words - The Moonglows Chess 1958 13. *GREAT 78* I Knew From The Start - The Moonglows Chess 1956 14. Ten Commandments Of Love - Harvey & The Moonglows Chess 1958 15. Mean Old Blues - Harvey & The Moonglows Chess 1958 16. Twelve Months Of The Year - Harvey & The Moonglows Chess 1959 17. Blue Velvet - Bobby Lester & The Moonglows Chess 1961 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins Bluebird 1946
Thanks Matt and glad to see your new studio is up and running! And we are able to play your shows once again. Also, you can now spend the night with Matt! It's true! He now has a bed and breakfast in historical Salem, Massachusetts. Check it out! Their is a link in his section of our DJ page. If you would like to write to Matt you can write to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4933
Papa Walt is back this week with another great set of the 60s and 70s here on Rock-it Radio. The Oldies Show has crafted a dozen delightful doppelganger twin-spins - songs that share the same name but that are as different as doo-wop and folk-rock. Enjoy.
PLAYLIST - Papa Walt's Oldies Show (#7) - Doppelganger
1. I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight - Barry & the Tamerlanes (1963) 2. I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight - Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart (1968) 3. Baby Blue - The Echoes (1961) 4. Baby Blue - Badfinger (1972) 5. For Your Love - Ed Townsend (1958) 6. For Your Love - The Yardbirds (1965) 7. Tossin' & Turnin' - Bobby Lewis (1961) 8. Tossing & Turning - The Ivy League (1965) 9. Ebony Eyes - The Everly Brothers (1961) 10. Ebony Eyes - Bob Welch (1978) 11. Lonely Boy - Paul Anka (1959) 12. Lonely Boy - Andrew Gold (1977) 13. Hey Baby - Bruce Channel (1961) 14. Hey Baby - The Buckinghams (1967) 15. I Love You - The Volumes (1962) 16. I Love You - The Zombies (1965) 17. Any Way You Want It - The Dave Clark Five (1964) 18. Any Way You Want It - Journey (1980) 19. Heart of Gold - Neil Young (1972) 20. Heart of Gold - The Kinks (1983) 21. Walk Like a Man - The Four Seasons (1963) 22. Walk Like a Man - Grand Funk Railroad (1973) 23. Glad All Over - The Beatles (1963) 24. Glad All Over - The Dave Clark Five (1964)
Thanks Walt! That isn't easy to do finding two songs with the same title and as different as can be! If you would like to write to Papa Walt with future requests or comments or hellos you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== CLARKE JAMES (CJ THE DJ) AND THE ROCKIN AND ROLLIN RECORD REVIEW ON SHOW #4934
CJ The DJ - Clarke James returns with one fantastic show with the mix of rock, rockabilly and doo wop! Now online as show #4934 and here is the playlist!
1. Intro. Stack-A-Records (Partial) - Tom Tall 2. She's Mine, All Mine - The Royal Jokers 3. Owee-Nellie - The Love Letters 4. You Threw A Lucky Punch - Gene Chandler 5. So Long Baby - Del Shannon 6. Whisper - The Nuggets 7. Memories - The Decoys 8. Put Your Cat Clothes On - Carl Perkins 9. Ten Cats Down - The Miller Sisters 10. Betty My Love - The Joylarks 11. Somewhere In The World - The Gaylarks 12. Fabulous - Charlie Gracie 13. Rock And Roll Baby- Rocky Rhule 14. This Diamond Ring (Demo) - Jimmy Radcliffe 15. (Gary Don't You Sell) My Diamond Ring - Wendy Hill 16. Moment Of Truth - Dave Meyers And The Surf Tones 17. Mirage - The Atlantics 18. Baby Oh Baby - Charles Hargro 19. The Sun - The Del Vikings 20. Going Back To Louisiana - Bruce Channel 21. The Rockin' Lady - Penny Candy 22. There Was A fungus Among Us - Terry Noland 23. Don't Dilly Dally Sally - Brian Hyland 24. I Met Him On A Sunday - The Shirelles 25. The Boy Next Door - The Secrets 26. Girlie That I Love - The Cellos 27. Rose-Marie - Mickey Tolliver & The Capitols 28. Goin' Steady - Tommy Sands 29. Everybody's Wrong - Tommy Tucker 30. People Say - The Dixie Cups 31. Teardrop - Santo & Johnny
Thanks Clarke for another great mix of music here on Rock-it. If you would like to write to Clarke you can reach him online at firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4935
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos, California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost his studios to produce his shows. But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio. In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
If you have a recording studio in the Long Beach, California area perhaps you could make a deal with Steve to where he can produce these shows once again. Or if you have any comments for Steve you can contact him at: email@example.com
============================================== KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4936
Join DJ Ken Strange on his Country Record Round Up as he delves into the archives to bring you some good old country music from right across the board including, Hillbilly, Western Swing, and mainstream country singles and album tracks from the late 1930's through to the mid 00's and the regular feature, Duos and Duets. So let's head off for a musical round up of Country Music.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Branded Man - Merle Haggard (67) Capitol 03. White Lightning Express - Roy Drusky (65) Mercury 04. Y'all Come - Loretta Lynn (95) Musketeer 05. River Of You - Trisha Yearwood (05) MCA-Nashville 06. D.I.V.O.R.C.E. - Tammy Wynette (68) Epic 07. Daydreamin' - Bud Deckleman & The Daydreamers (54) Meteor 08. Lost Love - Lendon Smith & The Jesters (56) Meteor 09. Man In Black - Johnny Cash (71) Columbia 10. Second Hand Rose - Ferlin Husky (63) Capitol 11. Oh Swing It - Jimmy Revard & His Oklahoma Boys (38) Rambler 12. Preachin' To The Choir - Rodney Crowell (03) DMZ-Epic 13. Blue - LeAnn Rimes (96) Curb 14. He'll Be Back - Lee Ann Womack (00) MCA-Nashville 15. Meet Me In Montana - Dan Seals & Marie Osmond (85) Capitol 16. Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy - Chris Ledoux & Garth Brooks (92) Liberty 17. Let's Invite Them Over - George Jones & Melba Montgomery (63) United Artists 18. All I Ever Need Is You - Kenny Rogers & Dottie West (79) United Artists 19. It Tickles - Jean Shepard & Ferlin Husky (50) Capitol 20. Lonesome Over You - Ernie Elliott (70) E.F. 21. When You're Gone - Brady Palford (59) Clix 22. My Kind Of Man - Jean kendall (65) Anderson 23. You Can't Break The Chains Of Love - The Miller Sisters (57) unissued Sun 24. Hillbilly Girl With The Blues - Lacy J. Dalton (81) Columbia 25. Where The Sidewalk Ends - George Strait (92) MCA 26. Outro - Medley
Traditional country is getting harder to find on the radio dial and we thank Ken for putting this show together! Do you have any country requests? or would just like to say hello or comments on this show you can address them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4937
From a undisclosed location due to him cranking the transmitter to a Million Watts! Cool Bobby B is back on the Rock-it this week with 3 hours of great Doo Wop music of the 50s and early 60s. And occasionally even doo wop today! Let's get started with the playlist.
1. Rockin' with the Clock -- Shirley & Lee 2. Darling Can't you tell -- The Clusters 3. Little Boy Blue -- The Elegants 4. Till -- The Angels 5. When you wish upon a star -- Dion & The Belmonts 6. Wonderful girl -- Dion & The Belmonts 7. United -- Philly Cuzz 8. Over the Mountain -- Johnnie and Joe 9. Speedo -- The Cadillacs 10. Gloria -- The Cadillacs 11. The Wind -- The Jesters 12. Two people in love -- The Imperials 13. Just to be with you -- The Passions 14. That's my desire -- Dion & Belmonts 15. Angel -- The Satintones 16. What did she say -- Little Isidore & Inquisitors 17. Gloria -- Arthur Lee May & The Crowns 18. Life is but a dream (Acapella) -- Johnny Maestro
19. Gee -- The Crows 20. Come let me show you -- The Jesters 21. Just a memory -- The Paragons 22. In the midst of the night -- The Paragons 23. If you love me -- The Blue Notes 24. Over the Rainbow -- The Demensions 25. First Love -- Frankie Love 26. Oh Rose Marie -- The Fascinators 27. No Not Again -- Jive 5 28. My Imagination -- Jordan & The Fascinators 29. Red Sails in the Sunset -- 5 Keys 30. I'm in Love -- Velvet Angels 31. Why do you do me like you do -- The Cleftones 32. Heaven on Earth -- The Platters 33. For your precious love -- Jerry Butler & The Impressions 34. Down by the Ocean -- The Exceptions 35. Blue Velvet -- The Clovers 36. Tonight Tonight -- Mello Kings 37. Why don't you write me -- The Jacks
38. 11th hour melody -- The Rivieras 39. Moonlight Cocktails -- The Rivieras 40. YOu gotta love him -- Little Isidore & Inquisitors 41. There's no one but you -- The Strollers 42. In the still of the night -- 5 Satins 43. You must be an Angel -- 5 Satins 44. Ivory Tower -- Otis Williams & Charms 45. Morse code of love -- The Capris 46. Barbara -- The Temptations 47. Rainy Day Bells -- The Globetrotters 48. It's Unbelievable -- The Larks 49. You belong to me -- The Duprees 50. My own true love -- The Duprees 51. As time goes by -- The Duprees 52. Who knows, who cares -- The Holidays 53. Glory of Love -- 5 Keys 54. Only you -- The Platters 55. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
Thanks Cool Bobby B for all you do to keep Doo Wop Group Harmony Alive! You can write to Cool Bobby B at: email@example.com and if you do please let him know you heard him on Rock-it Radio!
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH ON BOOGIE WOOGIE PART III ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4938 -- HILLBILLY BOOGIE
Studio C in Brampton, Ontario Canada Al Cool Daddy Smith Part III of a 4
part series on the history and makings and the music that is 'Boogie
This show is part three of what will be a four part series on the impact of Boogie Woogie on Rockabilly/Rock and Roll. This show concentrates on the sub genre of Country and Western music known as Hillbilly or Country Boogie. The show contains numerous samples of the genre and attempts to show its importance in the development of Rockabilly and Rock and Roll in the mid 1950's. The play list is as follows:
1. Smokey Mountain Boogie-Tennessee Ernie Ford 1947 2. Del Rio Boogie-Wayne Raney and The Delmore Brothers 1949 3. Texas Boogie-Gene O'Quinn 1951 4. Rheumatism Boogie-Moon Mullican 1953 5. Hangman Boogie-Cowboy Copas 1949 6. Boogie Woogie-Johnny Barfield 1939 7. Banjo Boogie-Arthur Smith 1946 8. Freight Train Boogie-The Delmore Brothers 1946 9. Hillbilly Boogie-The Delmore Brothers 1946 10. Hillbilly Boogie-Jerry Irby and His Texas Ranchers 1947 11. Shot Gun Boogie-Tennessee Ernie Ford 1950 12. PLK Boogie-Jimmy Yancey 1939 13. Boogie Man Boogie-Chet Atkins 1949 14. Sundown Boogie-Bill Haley and The Saddlemen 1951 15. Rhumba Boogie-Hank Snow 1951 16. Mule Boogie-Roy Hall and His Cohutta Mountain Boys 1950 17. I've Got The Boogie Blues-Charline Arthur 1950 18. Hal Billy Boogie-Dick Dyson and His Blue Bonnet Boys 1947 19. Lost John Boogie-Wayne Raney 1947 20. Zeb's Mountain Boogie-Brad Brady(Owen Bradley) and His Tennesseans 1946 21. George's Playhouse Boogie-Maddox Brothers and Rose Maddox 1949 22. Crazy Boogie-Merle Travis 1947 23. Crazy Baby Boogie-Bill Mack 1951
Looking forward to more of these Boogie Woogie shows. If you would like to write to Al with any comments etc. you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4939
Dave is back this week with more hits and rarities and vinyl finds from the 1960s. Dave always surprises me with the rare finds he is able to come up with. Come have a listen by clicking to the speaker to show #4939. Here is this week's playlist. It's a double play on Rock-it Radio this week.
1. Cat Walk - Jack Costanza 2. Chico's Girl - The Girls 3. Little Girl So Fine - Southside Johnny & Asbury Jukes 4. Dance With Me - Drifters 5. Little Girl - Jade Of Stone 6. Don't Take Very Much To See Tomorrow - Laughing Wind 7. A Slice Of The Pie - Bernie Byrd 8. You Got It And I Want It - Andre Williams 9. Oh Mother Of Mine - Temptations 10. Out Of Sight - James Brown 11. My Babe - TC Atlantic 12. I Never Loved Her - Starfires 13. She's On Her Way - Michael Lynch 14. Only In My Dreams - Frank Fafara 15. Whatcha Gonna Do - Hayden Thompson 16. Hats Off To Larry - Del Shannon 17. Outside Looking In - The Black Diamonds 18. Bad Misunderstanding - Critters 19. I'm So Glad - Frank Howard & The Commanders (Discovery of Week) 20. Let's Dance - Routers
1. Mr Bumps - Edgar Blanchard 2. Action, Action, Action - Keith Allison 3. Don't You Wanna - Contours 4. Baby Don't You Do It - Marvin Gaye 5. Stop And Get A Ticket - Clefs Of Lavender Hill 6. I Found A Girl - Jan & Dean 7. 90 Day Guarantee - Donna Loren 8. Come On Sugar - Little Willie John 9. Each And Every Day - Manfred Mann 10. Well That Ain't Nice - Russ Krueger 11. Swinger - Newbeats 12. Kiss My Love Goodbye - Bettye Swann 13. Standing Here Crying - Incredibles 14. Love Special Delivery - Thee Midniters 15. Tell Me - Bare Facts 16. Function At The Junction - Shorty Long 17. Sneaking Home - Vince Anthony & The Blue Notes 18. Detour - Persians (Discovery Of The Week) 19. You Beat Me To The Punch - Mary Wells
Do you have a request you would like to hear on the Relics & Rarities show? You can e mail him at: email@example.com
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
and let me know what you would like to have along with a mailing address
and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank
you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have August
drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
NEW WEBSITE AND GIVEAWAYS ANNOUNCED FOR ROCK-IT RADIO. We have set up a new website to see what the benefits are to join the Rock-it Radio Listener's Club. And to commemorate our 19th Year this month of the beginning of Rock-it Radio. With every newsletter we will be announching Listener
Club winners to win vintage Rock and Roll Radio shows or Rock-it Radio
shows on CD. The Listener's choice. Each week we will draw the names
of one new member from that week, andtwo other Listener Club members to
win our drawings.
COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA What
is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually
collected by Radio fans. Come check out our webpage on collecting
ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER CLUB WEEKLY DRAWING GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 6/18/2014 It's
time once again for the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club members drawing
our way to say thanks to our Rock-it Radio Listener Club members. The
following members have either won a Rock-it Radio show of their choice
or a vintage Rock & Roll Radio Show from the 50s to the 70s in the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. So insert Drumroll !!!!!
Our New Listener Club Member Giveaway Winner is:
Deb Bauer -- San Diego, California USA
Winners this week of the Listener Club Member Giveaways are:
Eva Caperton -- St. Paul, Minnesota USA Dan Nather - Cincinatti, Ohio USA Randall Moore -- Hesperia, California USA If you are one of those people for this week's winners You have 7 days from the Newsletter release date to get back to us at Rock-it Radio at the e mail address of: firstname.lastname@example.org In the Subject line write -- "I am a Winner" and let us know what you would like to have as a gift from Rock-it Radio. Either a vintage radio broadcast from our Launching Pad - Go ahead and shop and let us know at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
if you would prefer a Rock-it Radio Show on CD let us know the Show #
of the show and we can do that too! Please also in your e mail to us
provide a mailing address as well to send these new shows off to.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 18 June, 2014 This week in our archives page at:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ DON'T MISS THE 16TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE IN JULY.
Coming up and playing the entire month of July 1 will be the 16th annual East Coast vs. West Coast oldies battle. Hosted by Lane Quigley and Bill Green. Each DJ either will represent the East or the West Coast as they pick songs to a given theme and you the Rock-it Radio listener decide the outcome round by round. Their will also be a drawing and all those that participate in the voting as their e mail addresses will be entered in a drawing to be held at the end of the July and the votes have been tabulated. So stay tuned in! The Show will be uploaded on July 1st.
STRANGE NEWS FROM YOUTUBE IN THE NEWS
Heard a bit of disturbing news in the news this morning. All the musical videos that are to be filed into a new service by Youtube that will be a separate subscription service. This is upsetting as it will probably mean the end of our vintage video website if that comes true. Their are thousands and thousands of music videos and songs that have been posted by Youtube users and have shared in various newsgroups - many rare releases and can share the music and afraid this will cut the use of these rarities greatly. Well we will just hope that all the music on youtube becomes a subscription service.
As you are all aware the Broadcast Legend Casey Kasem passed away. From ongoing Alzheimers and complicated with Parkinsons disease that left him speechless. He was recently in the news over the custody battle of him between his wife and his daughters from his first marriage. Casey Kasem began radio broadcasting on the Armed Forces Radio Network in Korea. Casey was also the voice of Shaggy of the Scooby Doo Cartoon of the 60's and early 70s. And did other voice work in Hollywood. Until the 70s when he began one of the most popular music shows of all time -- American Top 40. At which he became known in almost every household here in the U.S. And in the 80's had the TV show of the similar theme where he would feature the American Top 10 songs every week on TV.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it
Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching
Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from June 8, 2014 to
June 18, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Deb Bauer -- San Diego, California USA James Werner -- Taylorsville, Utah USA Robert McAuley -- Long Beach, California USA T. Weigele -- Phoenix, Arizona USA John Warren -- Warren, Australia Ken Lang -- South Carolina, USA Dennis Downs -- Caldwell, Idaho USA John -- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania USA
And 55 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 120 !!! new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 71,810 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to
order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our on archives
webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within
24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older shows that
you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it Radio blog
site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
Then you may either pay by check or money
order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50 U.S. each and are
studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at the
Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50
U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide,
overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where
to send payment is at our webpage:
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or
shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep these oldies alive
and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO STAFF NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 6/18/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974 3. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 4. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 5. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 6. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 7. RIR #567 -- Kenny & Cash Show Capital Radio London w/ Paul & Linda McCarthy 1973 8. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 9. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/2/1965 10. RIR #359 - Gus Gossert's Oldies show WPIX New York Feb. 1971
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 6/18/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Brazil +0 4. Canada +0 5. France +0 6. Japan +2 7. Croatia -1 8. Spain +1 9. Netherlands +1 10. Germany -3 11. Hungary +0 12. Australia +0 13. Mexico +1 14. Italy +1 15. Argentina -2 16. Ireland +0 17. Belgium +0 18. Sweden +1 19. Philippines -1 20. Peru +1 21. Russia -1 22. Switzerland +0 23. Norway +0 24. Finland +2 25. Colombia +0 26. South Africa +3 27. Chile -3 28. Guatemala +6 29. Thailand +3 30. Poland +3 31. Austria -7 32. Greece -6 33. India +0 34. Dominican Republic -8 35. New Zealand +1 36. Serbia +5 37. Slovakia -7 38. Saudi Arabia -3 39. Barbados -2 40. Slovenia +12 41. China +13 42. Latvia +6 43. Turkey -4 44. Portugal -4 45. Denmark +0 46. Bolivia -11 47. Uruguay +7 48. Czech Republic -8 49. Bulgaria +4 50. Paraguay -4
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +2 4. New York -1 5. New Jersey -1 6. Texas +0 7. Washington +1 8. Massachusetts -1 9. Ohio +0 10. North Carolina +0 11. Missouri +4 12. Illinois -1 13. Arizona -1 14. Virginia +0 15. Michigan -2 16. Wisconsin +2 17. Maryland +0 18. Indiana +3 19. Colorado -3 20. Georgia +1 21. Oregon -2 22. Kentucky +2 23. Rhode Island +3 24. Connecticut -2 25. Alabama +0 26. Tennessee -3 27. Nevada +5 28. Minnesota -1 29. Kansas -1 30. Delaware +3 31. Idaho +0 32. Arkansas -2 33. Louisiana +2 34. South Carolina -4 35. Oklahoma -2 36. Nebraska +5 37. District of Columbia -1 38. New Mexico -1 39. Utah +3 40. New Hampshire +0 41. Iowa -2 42. Maine +2 43. West Virginia -5 44. Wyoming -2 45. Montana +1 46. Hawaii -1 47. Mississippi +0 48. Vermont +1 49. North Dakota +1 50. South Dakota -2 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!