As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4918 to #4927
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4918 A little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a whole lotta hot stompin' music
makes up the playlist on this week's Memory Lane Show. Come re-live
the spirit from The Golden Age of Top 40 Radio with Lane Quigley, including the usual array of interview clips from the people who created the music. Get ready to rock 'n' roll!!
1. I Promise To Remember - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers 1956 2. Smokey Joe's Cafe - The Robins 1955 SOUND BITE 3. I Hear You Knockin' - Smiley Lewis 1955 4. Only In My Dreams - Frank Fafara 1959 5. My Kind of Woman - Bill Haley & The Comets 1961 6. Helpless - Kim Weston 1966 SOUND BITE 7. (I'm Gonna) Love My Life Away - Gene Pitney 1961 8. The Things I Love - The Fidelity's 1958 9. Burnt Toast & Black Coffee - Mike Pedicin 1961 10. Goodbye Kansas City - Wilbert Harrison 1959 SOUND BITE 11. Ready Teddy - Little Richard 1956 12. Tricky - Gus Jinkins 1956 13. It's Late - Ricky Nelson 1959 SOUND BITES 14. It Takes a Long Long Time - Jimmy Clanton 1960 15. I'd Much Rather Be With The Girls - Donna Lynn 1965 16. She's The Un-Sleepin' est Woman - T-Bone Walker 1947 SOUND BITE 17. It's All Over Now - The Valentinos 1964 18. Reconsider Baby - Elvis Presley 1960 19. Kathy - The Innocents 1961 20. Little Mama - The Clovers 1954 SOUND BITE 21. He's Sure The Boy I Love - The Crystals 1963 22. Blanche - The Three Friends 1956 23. Forever - The Vidaltones 1962 24. But Not For Me - Dion & The Belmonts 1966
Thank you to Lane Quigley for another great show and if you would like to send comments, hellos or talk about the Music from the Class of 1964 you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4919
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. I Can't Believe-Dino & The Diplomats (1961) 3. Oh, What a Night-The Kact-ties (1962 or '63) 4. Please Be My Love Tonight-The Charades (1963) 5. Tonight (Could Be the Night)-Tommy & The Saints (xxxx) 6. Never Let You Go-Street Corner Memories (1981) 7. (Baby) Hully Gully-The Olympics (1959) 8. Peanut Butter-The Marathons (The Vibrations) (1961) 9. Dancin' Holiday-The Olympics (1963) 10. 'Cause You're Mine-The G-Clefs (1956)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Shombalor-Sheriff & The Ravels (1958) 12. Mama Papa Polka-The Gaylords (1953)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. I'm Spinning-The Dell-Vikings (1957) 14. Oh, Julie-The Crescendos (1958) 15. Fine Little Girl-The Arcades (1958) 16. Vision of Love-The Explorers (1959)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Betty Lou Got a New Pair of Shoes-Bobby Freeman (late 1950s) 18. One Question-The Versatones (xxxx) 19. The Jam - Part 1 (instrumental)-Bobby Gregg (1962) 20. Candy Store Love-The Val-chords (1959)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. There Goes a Fool-The Gaytunes (xxxx) 22. Jeannie-Grand Central Echoes (1985) 23. Bells Ring-The Paradons (1960) 24. Newly Weds-The Orchids (1955) 25. Nadine-The Coronets (1954) 26. Flames in my Heart-The Channels (1957)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BILL GREEN ALONG WITH THE GIANT JUKEBOX AND THE ROCK & ROLL RETRO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4920
Here's Rock-it D J Bill Green and he's back with a Giant Juke Box edition of Rock 'n Roll Retrospective. This show is packed with everything from Rock & Roll Hall of Famers to singers you've never heard before. Hop on this Rock-it show and enjoy the ride.
1) With This Ring - The Platters (1967) 2) Ring Of Fire - Johnny Cash (1963) 3) These Golden Rings - The Jive Five (1962) 4) Feel So Good - Shirley and Lee (1956) 5) Let The Good Times Roll - Shirley and Lee (1956) 7) Heat In Hand - Brenda Lee (1962) 8) Big Town Boy - Shirley Mathews (1964) 9) Last Night - The Mar-Keys (1961) 10) Shimmy, Shimmy, Ko-Ko-Bop - Little Anthony & The Imperials (59/60) 11) Back In The U S A - Chuck Berry (1959) 12) Promised Land - Elvis Presley (197) 13) Sweeter Than You - Ricky Nelson (1959) 14) Be My Guest - Fats Domino (1959) 15) Harlem Nocturrne - The Viscounts (1960) 16) I Found You - the Castaways (1963) 17) Go - Pearline Caesar (1963) 18) Stars In The Blue (What Should I Do) - The Dee-Cals (1960) 19) Let's Elope - The Extremes (1958) 20) Wonderful World - Sam Cooke (1960) 21) The Lonely Bull - Herb Alpert (1962) 22) This Magic Moment - The Drifters (1960) 23) Just One Smile - Gene Pitney (1967)
To tune in simply go to our program webpage and click to the speaker next to show #4920. If you have any comments or would like to send out a friendly hello to Bill you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK IS BACK WITH PART I TRIBUTE TO THE MOONGLOWS IN SHOW #4921
The Moonglows, Pt. 1
Much has been written about the great R&B vocal groups of the 1950s. Many of the classic groups were either great musicians and vocalists and never had the recognition or record sales to back it up or these groups were thrown together, they couldn't sing very well and scored one, solid hit that still spins in the eternal jukebox of public consciousness. The Moonglows were one of the few groups to come out of the post World War II, pre-Elvis era, who were extremely talented and had the sales figures and notoriety to back it up. Originally called The Crazy Sounds, Harvey Fuqua and Bobby Lester led The Moonglows to a #1 R&B smash in 1954 with 'Sincerely' on Chess, but that was after a somewhat bumpy start on Alan Freed's Champagne Records and Chicago's Chance Records. This week, Matt The Cat presents part 1 of a 2 part feature on the fantastic Moonglows, covering their career from 1953 to 1955. Vocal harmony doesn't get much sweeter than this, so don't miss one note of this week's "Juke in the Back" program.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons Mercury 1947 2. I Just Can't Tell No Lie - The Moonglows Champagne 1953 3. Baby Please - The Moonglows w/ Red Holloway Orch Chance 1953 4. Secret Love - The Moonglows w/ Red Holloway Orch Chance 1954 5. Real Gone Mama - The Moonglows w/ Red Holloway Orch Chance 1954 6. I Was Wrong â€" The Moonglows w/ Red Holloway Orch Chance 1954 7. 219 Train - The Moonglows w/ Red Holloway Orch Chance 1954 8. Sincerely - The Moonglows Chess 1954 9. Tempting - The Moonglows Chess 1954 10. Shoo Doo-Be-Doo (My Loving Baby) - Bobby Lester & The Moonlighters Checker 1954 11. So All Alone - Bobby Lester & The Moonlighters Checker 1954 12. Most Of All - The Moonglows â€" Chess 1955 13. *GREAT 78* I've Been Your Dog (Ever Since I've Been Your Man) Moonglows Champagne 1953 14. She's Gone - The Moonglows Chess 1955 15. I'm In Love - The Moonglows Chess 1955 16. In My Diary - The Moonglows Chess 1955 17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins Bluebird 1946
Thanks Matt and glad to see your new studio is up and running! And we are able to play your shows once again. Also, you can now spend the night with Matt! It's true! He now has a bed and breakfast in historical Salem, Massachusetts. Check it out! Their is a link in his section of our DJ page. If you would like to write to Matt you can write to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH ON BOOGIE WOOGIE PART iI ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4922
From Studio C in Brampton, Ontario Canada Al Cool Daddy Smith Part II of a 4 part series on the history and makings and the music that is 'Boogie Woogie'
This show is part two of a multi part series on the importance of Boogie Woogie in the development of Rock and Roll. This show continues looking at the history of Boogie Woogie and contains examples of early Boogie Woogie pianists as well as Big Band Boogie Woogie that was influenced by these early pianists. Hillbilly Boogie as a precursor to Rockabilly is played and will serve as an introduction to a more in depth look at the importance of Hillbilly Boogie on the development of Rockabilly and thus Rock and Roll on a subsequent show. The range of Boogie Woogie music covered in this show will extend from 1925 to 1999!!
The Playlist is as follows:
1. The Mess Around-Ray Charles 1953 2. Down The Road Apiece-Amos Milburn 1944 3. Boogie Woogie-Tommy Dorsey Orchestra 1938 4. Slum Gullion Stomp-Cow Cow Davenport 1929 5. Jump Steady Blues-Pinetop Smith 1929 6. Rockin' Pneumonia and The Boogie Woogie Flu-Huey Piano Smith 1957 7. Lawdy Lawdy Miss Clawdy-Elvis Presley 1956 8. All Shook Up-Elvis Presley 1957 9. Vine Street Blues-Pete Johnson 1947 10. Johnson and Turner Blues-Big Joe Turner w/Pete Johnson 1945 11. Jambalaya Boogie-Ed Shulerâ€™s All Star Reveliers 1950 12. The Fives-Hersal Thomas 1925 13. Big Brown Sound-Eat A Peach 1999 14. Boogie Woogie Man-Pete Johnson and Albert Ammons 1941 15. Beat Me Daddy Eight To The Bar-The Will Bradley Trio and Orchestra 1940 16. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B-The Andrew Sisters 1941 17. Moon's Rock-Moon Mullican 1958 18. I'm A Do Right Daddy-Leon Chappel 1951 19. Basieâ€™s Boogie-Count Basie Orchestra 1942 20. Boogie Woogie Country Man-Jerry Lee Lewis 1975 21. Green Onions-Booker T. and The MGs 1962
Looking forward to more of these Boogie Woogie shows. If you would like to write to Al with any comments etc. you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4923
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos, California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost his studios to produce his shows. But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio. In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
If you have a recording studio in the Long Beach, California area perhaps you could make a deal with Steve to where he can produce these shows once again. Or if you have any comments for Steve you can contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4924
We actually have a double play of Cool Bobby B's Doo wop Stop this week. We were unable to gain access last week. But this week we were able to get last week's show which this is. And this week's show in Rock-it Radio show #4926. So, here is the playlist to show #4924.
1. Rockin' with the Clock -- Shirley & Lee 2. Babalu's Wedding day -- The Eternals 3. Blue and Lonely -- The Pretenders featuring Jimmy Jones 4. There goes my heart -- Johnny and Joe 5. Oh Rose Marie -- The Fascinators 6. You could be my love -- 5 Crowns 7. Silhouettes -- The Rays 8. Jelly Belly -- Little Isidore & Inquisitors 9. The Girl next door -- The Channels 10. Begging you please -- Jive Five 11. Over the Rainbow -- The Marcels 12. Last Chance -- Allan Collay & The Satellites 13. I love you yes I do -- Tommy Ridgley 14. Can't tell my heart what to do -- Frankie Ford 15. Barbara Ann -- The Regents 16. Satisfied -- The Chateaus 17. Goodnight Sweetheart Goodnight -- Sha Na Na 18. Nadine -- The Coronets
19. Alphabet of Love -- The Suburbans 20. My Dianne -- The Bachelors 21. Let's be lovers -- The Starglows 22. You gave me peace of mind -- The Spaniels 23. Last Night I dreamed -- The Fiestas 24. I do -- The Crests 25. Moonglow you know -- The Videos 26. It's you -- Little Guy & The Giants 27. Long Tall Girl -- The Carnations 28. Castle in the sky -- Bop Chords 29. Don't take the stars -- The Mystics 30. C'est La Vie -- The Wrens 31. Honest I do -- The Innocents 32. Gee Whiz -- The Innocents 33. Dream On -- 5 Keys 34. Come to me Softly -- Jimmy James & Vagabonds 35. I believe -- The Earls 36. Just for a thrill -- 5 Keys 37. You are -- The Cadillacs
38. 11th Hour Melody -- The Rivieras 39. Moonlight Cocktails -- The Rivieras 40. A funny feeling -- Dion & Belmonts 41. Havin' Fun -- Dion 42. Fools fall in love -- The Drifters 43. Angel Baby -- Rosie & The Originals 44. There is sojmething on your mind -- Big Jay McNeely 45. Been so long -- The Pastels 46. Bong bong -- Vince Castro & Tonettes 47. On your Radio -- 12 year old Richard Latham & Temple Tones 48. Wonderful Tonight -- The Reunion 49. My Prayer -- The Platters 50. Where or when -- The Flamingos 51. Tonight I fell in love -- The Tokens 52. Somewhere -- The Tymes 53. Why don't you write me -- The Feathers 54. Oh Gee Oh Gosh -- The Kodaks 55. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
Thanks Cool Bobby B for all you do to keep Doo Wop Group Harmony Alive! You can write to Cool Bobby B at: email@example.com and if you do please let him know you heard him on Rock-it Radio!
And...... Check out his website at: www.doowopstop.com !
============================================== COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
============================================== KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW WITH TRADITIONAL COUNTRY MUSIC ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4925
Join Ken Strange as he delves into the archives of Country Music to bring you another Country Record Round Up with Country tracks from the 40's through to the 00's, including the regular feature "Duos & Duets". So let's all head out for that round up.... That good ole Country Record Round Up.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Burglar Man - Claude Boone (49) Mercury 03. Hillbilly Love Affair - Larry Nolen & The Bandits (55) Sarg 04. Hidin' Out - Patsy Cline (55) Coral 05. Before You Go - Buck Owens & His Buckeroos (65) Capitol 06. Pocket Of A Clown - Dwight Yoakam (93) Reprise 07. You Are Not Alone - The Eagles (07) Lost Highway 08. I'm Gonna Be A Country Girl Again - Billie Joe Spears (95) Prism 09. Music City USA - Bobby Bare (79) Mercury 10. They Call Me Country - Sanford Clark (68) Ember 11. It's A Man's World - Diana Trask (73) Dot 12. May The Bird Of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose - Little Jimmy Dickens 65) Columbia 13. It's Goodbye And So Long - Dusty Owens & Donna Darlene (56) Admiral 14. Where The Soul Of Man Never Dies - Tony Rice & Ricky Skaggs (80) Sugar Hill 15. I'll Step Aside - Ernest Tubb & Cal Smith (95) First Generation 16. 'Tis Sweet To Be Remembered - Mack Wiseman & George Hamilton IV (70's) Live Recording 17. I'm A Fool To Care - Gene Pitney & George Jones (85) Musicor 18. Sin Wagon - The Dixie Chicks (99) Sony Music 19. Strawberry Wine - Deana Carter ( country # 1) (96) Capitol 20. She's Treatin' Me Bad - Bill Chambers & The Hillsiders (62) Sun-Nel 21. Right Or Wrong - Wanda Jackson (61) Capitol 22. Be My Baby Tonight - John Michael Montgomery (94) Atlantic 23. Single Girl - Sandy Posey (66) MGM 24. Against The Grain - Garth Brooks (90) Liberty 25. Honky Tonk Song - Webb Pierce (country # 1) (56) Decca 26. Girl On A Billboard - Del Reeves (65) United Artists 27. Outro - Medley
"Keep It Country"
Thanks Ken for another set of great country standards - even many of these songs you don't hear on your terrestrial Country stations anymore! If you would like to write to Ken with any requests, comments or hellos you can contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4926
From a undisclosed location and cranking the transmitter to One Million Watts! Cool Bobby B is back for the second time this week! With 3 more hours of great Doo Wop Music! Here is this shows playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley & Lee (Opening Theme) 2. True True Love -- The Corvairs 3. I cried -- The Starlighters 4. Hushabye -- The Mystics 5. Morse Code of Love -- The Capris 6. I wonder why -- Dion & Belmonts 7. What a surprise -- Johnny Maestro 8. Jam up -- Tommy Ridgley 9. Kingdom of Love -- The Preludes 10. Whadaya want -- The Robins 11. Wish I could be there -- The Silhouettes 12. A teenager in love -- Dion & Belmonts 13. Dear One -- The Scarlets 14. Girl of my dreams -- The Cliques 15. Please send me someone to love -- The Moonglows 16. Coney Island Baby -- The Excellents 17. For Sentimental Reasons -- The Cleftones 18. Daddy's Home -- Shep & Limelites 19. The Dance is over -- Billy & The Essentials
20. The Sun's Message -- The Butlers 21. Too young -- Tommy Vann & Echoes 22. The gift of love -- The Impressions 23. For your precious love -- Jerry Butler & Impressions 24. Heartaches -- The Marcels 25. Martian Hop -- The Ran Dells 26. The Angels listened in -- The Crests 27. Don Juan -- Starr Brothers 28. Why do I dream -- The Saucers 29. Now that it's over -- The Falcons 30. Since I don't have you -- The Skyliners 31. I remember -- Five Discs 32. Have you no heart -- The Calvanes 33. Your reason -- The Tadds 34. Be Faithful -- The Crickets featuring Dean Barlow 35. Your last chance -- The Dovells 36. Be sure my love -- The Dubs 37. There goes my love -- The Fantastics 38. Devil or Angel -- The Clovers
39. 11th Hour Melody -- The Rivieras 40. Moonlight Cocktails -- The Rivieras 41. That day will never come -- The Parktowns 42. They'll never be -- The Chaps 43. The things I love -- The Fidelities 44. 16 Candles -- The Crests 45. Just to be with you -- The Passions 46. Greetings this is Uncle Sam -- The Monitors 47. In my diary -- The Moonglows 48. Heart's desire -- The Avalons 49. The Stars -- The Ocapellos 50. Gee How I wish you were here -- Curtis Lee 51. I do -- Johnny Maestro 52. May I -- Maurice Williams & Zodiacs 53. Sweet was the wine -- The Marcels 54. Voodoo Eyes -- The Silhouettes 55. Mope ity Mope -- The Boss Tones 56. Shy one -- Linda Carr & The Impossibles 57. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
Thanks Cool Bobby B for all you do to keep Doo Wop Group Harmony Alive! You can write to Cool Bobby B at: email@example.com and if you do please let him know you heard him on Rock-it Radio!
============================================== FROM THE NETHERLANDS - JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4927
From the land of windmills, dykes, canals, cheese, tulips and wooden shoes here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. In this show you will hear no less than 15 European songs from Norway, the UK, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, Finland and Austria. So, put on your blue suede shoes and petticoats and enjoy the ride.
1. Yum-Mee Yum-Mee - The Four Counts - 1958 2. 59 Ford - The Firebirds - 1995 3. Let me in - Richard Moreland - 1961 4. Perfect ten - Hank Sundown & the Roaring Cascades - 2011 5. I'm ready - The Valiants - 199x 6. Slow down - Cochran Brothers - 1956 7. We can leave the world - Boppin' B - 2004 8. Because I'm blue - Ken Davis - 1962 9. Don't bye, bye, baby me - The Silver Bullets - 1998 10. Uh huh, Oh yeah - Tracy Pendarvis - 1959 11. My rocker - King Drapes - 2003 12. Tempted - Marty Stuart - 1991 13. Tempted - Sunset Trio - 199x 14. I'm confused - Joyce Gray & the Melody Masters - 1959 15. Honky tonk boogie - The Hillbilly Stringpickers - 2001 16. I will be gone - The Rioters - 2002 17. Hey litte darlin' - Barry de Vorzon - 1960 18. Teen street - Toni Eden - 1960 19. I need your loving kiss - Round Up Boys - 2003 20. Come marry me - Terry Noland - 1958 21. Alk-A-Billy Probe - Panhandle Alks - 1985 22. Rain - Eddie & the Flatheads - 1997 23. No more crying the blues - Alton & Jimmy - 1959 24. One eye's back - Freddie "Fingers" Lee - 1984 25. Come on - The Rolling Stones - 1963 26. Wheels - Bobby Wayne - 1965
Thank you Jack for another great show of Rockabilly here on Rock-it Radio! If you have any comments, greetings, future msuical requests etc. for the Rockin' Windmill show. You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
and let me know what you would like to have along with a mailing address
and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank
you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have August
drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
NEW WEBSITE AND GIVEAWAYS ANNOUNCED FOR ROCK-IT RADIO. We have set up a new website to see what the benefits are to join the Rock-it Radio Listener's Club. And to commemorate our 19th Year this month of the beginning of Rock-it Radio. With every newsletter we will be announching Listener
Club winners to win vintage Rock and Roll Radio shows or Rock-it Radio
shows on CD. The Listener's choice. Each week we will draw the names
of one new member from that week, andtwo other Listener Club members to
win our drawings.
COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA What
is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually
collected by Radio fans. Come check out our webpage on collecting
ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER CLUB WEEKLY DRAWING GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 6/7/2014 It's
time once again for the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club members drawing
our way to say thanks to our Rock-it Radio Listener Club members. The
following members have either won a Rock-it Radio show of their choice
or a vintage Rock & Roll Radio Show from the 50s to the 70s in the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. So insert Drumroll !!!!!
Our New Listener Club Member Giveaway Winner is:
Ted Jirschefski -- Thiensville, Wisconsin USA
Winners this week of theListener Club Member Giveaways are:
Sheldon Glorit -- Greenville, S. Carolina USA Otis Winchell -- Medford, Oregon USA Vaughan Lipscombe -- Westbury, Wiltshire United Kingdom If you are one of those people for this week's winners You have 7 days from the Newsletter release date to get back to us at Rock-it Radio at the e mail address of: email@example.com In the Subject line write -- "I am a Winner" and let us know what you would like to have as a gift from Rock-it Radio. Either a vintage radio broadcast from our Launching Pad - Go ahead and shop and let us know at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
if you would prefer a Rock-it Radio Show on CD let us know the Show #
of the show and we can do that too! Please also in your e mail to us
provide a mailing address as well to send these new shows off to.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 7 June, 2014 This week in our archives page at:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it
Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching
Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from June 1, 2014 to
June 7, 2014. We hope
that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists and
information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ted Jirschefski -- Thiensville, Wisconsin USA Bruce Boaze -- Cornelius, North Carolina USA Alexander Hastings -- United Kingdom
And 25 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 47 !!! new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 71,690 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to
order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our on archives
webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within
24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older shows that
you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it Radio blog
site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
Then you may either pay by check or money
order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50 U.S. each and are
studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at the
Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50
U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide,
overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where
to send payment is at our webpage:
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or
shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep these oldies alive
and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO STAFF NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 6/7/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 3. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 4. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974 5. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 6. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 7. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/2/1965 8. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 9. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 10.RIR #567 -- Kenny & Cash Show Capital Radio London w/ Paul & Linda McCarthy 1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 5/31/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Brazil +0 4. Canada +0 5. France +0 6. Croatia +0 7. Germany +0 8. Japan +1 9. Spain -1 10. Netherlands +0 11. Hungary +0 12. Australia +0 13. Argentina +0 14. Mexico +0 15. Italy +0 16. Ireland +0 17. Belgium +0 18. Philippines +1 19. Sweden -1 20. Russia +0 21. Peru +0 22. Switzerland +3 23. Norway +4 24. Chile +0 25. Colombia -2 26. Finland +3 27. Austria -1 28. Dominican Republic +2 29. South Africa -2 30. Greece -4 31. Slovakia +0 32. Thailand +0 33. Poland +2 34. Guatemala +0 35. Saudi Arabia +1 36. New Zealand +4 37. Portugal -5 38. Barbados +7 39. Bolivia +2 40. Bulgaria +2 41. Serbia +10 42. India -5 43. Czech Republic -4 44. United Arab Emirates +0 45. Denmark -6 46. Indonesia -11 47. Latvia +8 48. Costa Rica -2 49. Paraguay +3 50. Belarus -3
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +2 4. New Jersey -1 5. Pennsylvania -1 6. Texas +0 7. Massachusetts +2 8. Washington -1 9. Ohio -1 10. North Carolina +0 11. Illinois +0 12. Arizona +2 13. Michigan +0 14. Virginia -2 15. Missouri +0 16. Colorado +0 17. Maryland +2 18. Wisconsin +0 19. Georgia -2 20. Oregon +0 21. Indiana +0 22. Connecticut +1 23. Tennessee -1 24. Kentucky +1 25. Alabama -1 26. Rhode Island +0 27. Minnesota +3 28. Kansas -1 29. South Carolina +0 30. Arkansas -2 31. Idaho +0 32. Nevada +0 33. Delaware +0 34. Oklahoma +0 35. Louisiana +0 36. District of Columbia +6 37. New Mexico +1 38. West Virginia -2 39. Iowa +0 40. New Hampshire +1 41. Nebraska -5 42. Utah -4 43. Wyoming +0 44. Maine +1 45. Hawaii +1 46. Montana +1 47. Mississippi -3 48. South Dakota +0 49. Vermont +0 50. North Dakota +0 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!