As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, July 21, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4965 to #4975
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Time for another newsletter and we have 11 new shows and playlists for you this week. We also are featuring a new DJ and new show with James Riley & The Rockabilly & Blues show on show #4965. And don't forget in show #4951 we still have all month long our East Coast vs. West Coast Oldies Battle, where you the listener decides the outcome! We will have the ballot for you at the bottom of the playlists in this newsletter.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
PREMIERE BROADCAST! JAMES RILEY AND THE ROCKABILLY AND BLUES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4965
From Tennessee, USA the birthplace of Rockabilly music James Riley does his first show for us here at Rock-it Radio. We invite you to tune in by going to our program webpage and clicking the speaker to show #4965. Here's the playlist for the first show. It includes part 1 of a 4 part interview with Alex Orbison (Roy's son) along with other tunes as well. Here ya go:
1. Quit Jivin' Me- Shorty K 2. Jump N Jive- Crazy Cavan & The Rhythm Rockers 3. Number Nine Train- Dale Hawkins 4. Road Runner- Bo Diddley 5. You Got It- Roy Orbison 6. Go Go Go- Roy Orbison 7. Candy Man- Roy Orbison 8. Running Scared- Roy Orbison 9. Oh! Pretty Woman- Roy Orbison 10. Only The Lonely- Roy Orbison 11. Good Rockin' Baby- Pat Roberts & The Heymakers 12. Hey, Mr. Locomotive- The BellFuries 13. Don't Say It's Over- Billy Fury 14. Don't Stop Now- Linda Gail Lewis 15. Chicken House- Dave Rich 16. Hip Shakin' Baby- Roy Brown
Do you have a future request or comments on James' premiere show here on Rock-it Radio? You can reach him at his new e mail address at: James@rockitradio.net Also you can check out his bio and information in our DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4966
Join host Lane Quigley on this week's Memory Lane Show for a journey back in time to the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio and get ready for a variety of great tunes, just like your old favorite AM station used to play. The artists on this program include a recording from the late 50's by a 16 year old who would go on to be a 70's rock superstar; the original version of one of the 50's most covered tunes; an all time classic as recorded by its composer; and a song that spent nearly two months on top of the American R&B charts. Get ready to rock, bop and stroll down Memory Lane.
1. All Around The World - Little Richard 1956 2. Everybody Loves a Good Time - Major Lance 1965 SOUND BITE 3. Ko Ko Mo - Gene & Eunice 1955 4. Pointed Toe Shoes - Carl Perkins 1959 5. Scoop Scoobie Doobie - Jesse Hill 1960 6. What a Sweet Thing That Was - The Shirelles 1961 SOUND BITE 7. Lookin' For Someone To Love - The Crickets 1957 8. The Rat - The Stewart Brothers 1959 9. No Money Down - Chuck Berry 1956 10. At The High School Dance - R. Dean Taylor 1960 SOUND BITE 11. Washed Ashore - The Platters 1967 12. Nasty Boogie - Champion Jack Dupree 13. Crazy - Willie Nelson 1961 14. Gee Baby - Joe & Ann 1959 SOUND BITES 15. Off The Mountain - The Magnificents 1957 16. Night Train - Jimmy Forest 1952 17. Goin' Back To St. Louis - Mack Vickery 1960 18. One Way Love - The Drifters 1964 SOUND BITE 19. The Dog - Rufus Thomas 1963 20. The Greatest Love - Dorsey Burnette 1969 21. Now That She's Gone - The King Crooners 1959 SOUND BITE 22. I Can Make It With You - Jackie DeShannon 1966 23. Be Sure (My Love) - The Dubs 1958 24. It's Raining - Irma Thomas 1962
Thank you to Lane Quigley for another great show and if you would like to send comments, hellos you can reach him at: email@example.com
Also, Lane is the other co host of the 16th Annual East Coast vs. West Coast Battle in show #4951 in our program page. And he is of thinks the West Coast Songs are the Best! Come help him win by voting for his selections in this year's battle.
SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN AND GROOVIN SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
SHOW #4967 WITH PART I OF A TRIBUTE TO THE FOUR SEASONS!
SPECIAL LISTENERS REQUEST SHOW - "THE JERSEY BOYS" - Part 1.
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for part 1 of a two part 'Special' featuring the outstanding career of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons. This show has been requested by Rock-it listener, Debra Openhym-Bauer from San Diego. This show features the early recordings of both Frankie Valli and the fore runners of the group that became 'The Four Seasons', plus Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons' big hits, covers by both them and other artists covering them, as well as 'The Four Seasons' and 'Frankie Valli' recording under different guises. So climb aboard the Rock-it and enjoy a nostalgic musical trip with..'The Jersey Boys.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Sherry - The Four Seasons (62) VeeJay 03. The Laugh's On Me - Frankie Valley (53) Corona 04. Forgive And Forget - Frankie Valley & The Travelars (54) Mercury 05. Honey Love - The Four Lovers (56) RCA-Victor 06. Pucker Up - The Four Lovers (58) Epic 07. Rag Doll - The Four Seasons (64) Phillips 08. I Go Ape - Frankie Tyler (Valli) (58) Okeh 09. Red Lips - Village Voices (61) Topix 10. The Girl In My Dreams - The Topics (62) Perri 11. I Still Care - Miss Frankie Nolan (61) ABC-Paramount 12. Don't Think Twice - The Wonder Who? (65) Phillips 13. Bermuda - The Four Seasons (61) Gone 14. Beggin' - Timebox (68) Deram 15. C'Mon Marianne - Grapefruit (68) RCA 16. The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore - The Walker Brothers (66) Phillips & Smash 17. You've Got Your Troubles - Frankie Valli (70) Phillips 18. We Can Work It Out - The Four Seasons (76) Curb / Warner 19. Silver Star - The Four Seasons (76) Warner / Curb 20. Big Girls Don't Cry - The Four Seasons (62) VeeJay 21. Walk Like A Man - The Four Seasons (63) VeeJay 22. Ain't That A Shame - The Four Seasons (63) VeeJay 23. Electric Stories - The Four Seasons (68) Phillips 24. The Proud One - Frankie Valli (66) Phillips 25. Real (This Is Real) - Frankie Valle & The Romans (59) Cindy 26. Outro - Medley
Good Going Spinning Rock! If you would like to write to DJ Spinning Rock Boogie out in the UK you can just e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== KEITH BAXTER AND THE GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4968
Our 2nd newest DJ is back this week with his 2nd show here on Rock-it Radio. All the way from the UK - Keith plays a great assortment of rockers from yesteryear. Here is this week's Good Rockin' Tonight Shows playlist below!
1. Hot Rod Hillbilly - Billy Burnette 2011 2. Baby Stay Away From Me - Roomates 2012 3. Let's Fall In Love - Dorsey Burnette - 1956 4. Tell 'Em I'm Surfin' - Fantastic Baggys 1964 5. Pray For Surf - The Honeys 1963 6. Bim Bam - Sam Butera and The Witnesses 1958 7. Counting Sheep Over You - Linda Glover 1960 8. Rock And Roll Beat - Peto Marlow 1957 9. My Eyes On You - Deke Dickerson featuring Duane Eddy 2013 10. Pills - Bo Diddley 1961 11. Coney Island Baby - Excellents 1962 12. Dear Mr DJ Play It Again - Tina Robin 1961 13. Heâ€™s a Big Deal - Renee Medina 1964 14. Teenagers - Bobby Charles (rec late 1950s - released 2013) 15. El Toro - The Surfmen 1962 16. Rock A While - Big Joe Turner 1955 17. Drip Drop - Dion 1963 18. Nobody Loves You Like Me - Etta James 1961 19. When The Drinks Dried Up - Katmen 2013 20. Blue Monday - Fats Domino 1956 21. Stampede - The Champs 1959
Another great set of Rockers Keith! If you have any future requests or comments or just would like to say Hello to Keith you can reach him via e mail here at: email@example.com Also, if you haven't yet you can check out his bio also on the DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4969
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Mary's Lamb-The Ideals (1959) 3. Come On Baby-The Five Discs (xxxx) 4. The House Where Lovers Dream-The Timetones (1964) 5. Lullabye-The Chevrons (1959) 6. Way Up-Lincoln Fig & The Dates (1959 or '60) 7. My Baby Dearest Darling-The Monograms (1958) 8. I'll Make You Understand-The Performers (1959) 9. Rain, Rain-The Elegants (1959) 10. It Ain't the Meat-The Swallows (1951)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Weird Watusi-John Zacherle (early 1960s) 12. Umbassa and the Dragon-The Turtles (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. She's My Girl-The Capris (1982) 14. That's How Love Goes-The Capris (1982) 15. Feel So Good-Shirley & Lee (mid 1950s) 16. Made to Love-The Sharptones (1955)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. What Makes Maggie Run-The Dell-Vikings (1957) 18. Vickie Lee-The Untouchables (1960) 19. In My Heart-The Timetones (1961) 20. Tomorrow-The Decoys (1964)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Crying for You-The Centuries (xxxx) 22. Stormy Weather-The Five Sharks (xxxx) 23. Lonely Way-The Zircons (1964) 24. Down on my Knees-The Enchantments (xxxx) 25. Girl of Mine-The El Capris (mid 1950s) 26. God Only Knows-The Capris (1954)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND THE LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4970
From across the Pond in the UK - Jackie Bond is back with another hour of old and new Rockabilly. If you love Rockabilly you should definetly catch this show! By just clicking to the speaker on our program webpage of show #4970. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. She Likes To Boogie Real Low - Jimmy Sutton's Four Charms 2. Have Love Will Travel - Richard Berry and The Pharaohs 3. Long Legged Linda - The Kids From Texas 4. Got The Feeling - Fabian 5. Don't Big Shot Me - Sean Mencher 6. Rebound - Ray Smith 7. Brown Eyed Handsome Man - Johnny Rivers 8. So Long - Sam Cooke 9. Trouble In Paradise - The Crests 10. Coolest Hepcat - Hicksville Bombers 11. Buttercup - Eddie Clendening 12. My Baby Likes To Rock - Wade Flemons 13. It's Been A Long,Long Time - Ral Donner 14. Flip Out - Billy Brown 15. Hey Now Baby - Leo Price and Band 16. Hillbilly Truck Driving Man - Bill Kirchen 17. Fanny Brown - Ken Copeland 18. You Never Can Tell - Chuck Berry 19. Queen Of Hearts - Dave Edmunds 20. Detour - Duane Eddy 21. Ma Ma Marie - The Gaylords 22. Here I am Broken Hearted - The Four Js 23. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Jackie loves his e mail! So if you would like to write him with a Rockabilly Request or just to say hello! You can reach him at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net
============================================== KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4971
Join Ken Strange as he delves into the archives to bring you another Country Record Round Up with good ole country music from right across the board, from the 1930's to the 00's, including the regular feature, Duos & Duets. So let's head off to the hills for a round up..... A country record round up that is.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Calling You - Hank Williams Snr (47) MGM 03. My Baby's Just Like Money - Lefty Frizzell (51) Columbia 04. How Long Can It Be - Maggie Sue Wimberley (55) Sun 05. Heart Trouble - Martina McBride (93) RCA-Nashville 06. It Makes No Difference Now - Texas Jim Robertson (59) Design 07. Candy Store - Johnny Lee (77) Aim 08. The Blues keep Gettin' Bluer - Johnny Cash (81) Columbia 09. Whiskey River - Willie Nelson (73) Atlantic 10. Me And Bobby McGee - Kris Kristoffenson (69) Monument 11. Way Out There - The Origial Sons Of The Pioneers (34) Decca 12. Sioux City Sue - Boxcar Willie (82) Castle 13. Yes I Understand - Patsy Cline (59) Decca 14. Lost On The River - Hank & Audrey Williams (48) MGM 15. You Taught Me How To Cry - Tanya Tucker & Hoyt Axton (77) MCA 16. Louisiana Woman Mississippi Man - Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn (73) MCA 17. Daisy Chain - George Jones & Barbara Mandrell (84) Epic 18. Four Leaf Clover - Billy Parks (58) Razorback 19. The Key's In The Mailbox - Tony Booth (72) Capitol 20. The Old Man And His Horn - Gene watson (77) Capitol 21. Excuse Me I Think I've Got A Heartache - Buck Owens & His Buckaroos (60) LaBrea 22. Long Time Gone - The Dixie Chicks (10) 23. Goodnight Dallas - Carlene Carter (90) Reprise 24. Train Of Memories - Kathy Mattea (87) Mercury 25. Outro - Medley
You just don't hear that much traditional country music on your terrestrial
AM and FM country stations that much anymore. We are glad that Ken is
keeping it alive here on Rock-it Radio! If you have any comments, requests or comments you can write to Ken at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR WITH PART II OF CELEBRATING 60 YEARS OF ROCKABILLY ON SHOW #4972
Celebrating 60 Years of Rockabilly...(Part 2 of 2) We continue with our celebration of the birth of rockabilly. Music historians may argue over its roots, who did what first, and when, but July 5th, 1954 marked the debut of that first iconic sound made up of a lead guitar, rhythm guitar and slap base. Elvis, Scotty and Bill broke new ground and dozens of other artists followed close behind. We showcase some of them on this show...
1. Pink And Black Days - Narvel Felts 1999 2. I Want You Baby - Billy Lee Riley & The Little Green Men 1958 3. Welcome To The Club - Jean Chapel 1956 4. Everlasting Love - Barbara Pittman 1958 5. What's The Password? - Bob & Lucille 1959 6. Mary Lou - Ted Daigle & The Tremolos 1959 7. I Got Me A Woman - Buddy Miller & HIs Rockin' Ramblers 1958 8. Rock & Roll Irene - Buddy Miller & HIs Rockin' Ramblers 1958 9. Heartbreakin' Mama - Skeets McDonald 1956 10. Crash The Party - Benny Joy 1958 11. Bop Crazy Baby - Vern Pullens 1956 12. Walkin' Talkin' Baby Doll - The Three Ramblers 1958 13. Ballin' Keen - Bobby & Terry Caraway 1959 14. My Heart's On Fire - Werly Fairburn 1957 15. Long Tall Sally - Marty Robbins 1956 16. Make Up Your Mind Baby - Bob Luman 1957 17. Maybe Little Baby - George Jones 1959 18. Mean Old Greyhound Bus - Frankie Miller 1959 19. Little Rock - The Four Sons 1959 20. Where'd You Stay Last Night - Joe Hudgins 1958 21. Swingin' Baby Doll - David Gates 1959 22. No Stoppin' This Boppin' - The Tune Rockers 1958 23. Rag Mop - Wesley Reynolds 1958 24. A Date At Eight - Ray King & The Kingsmen 1958 25. Tell Me - Ronnie & The Regals 1959
Fantastic 50s Rockabilly Mike we hope all of our listeners enjoy this show here on Rock-it Radio! If you have any future requests or would like to say hello to Mike you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4973
From a undisclosed location due to him cranking the transmitter to a Million Watts! Cool Bobby B is back on the Rock-it this week with 3 hours of great Doo Wop music of the 50s and early 60s. And occasionally even doo wop today! Let's get started with the playlist.
1. Rockin' with the Clock -- Shirley & Lee 2. This lovely night -- The Alteers 3. Daughter -- The Blenders 4. Lovers never say goodbye -- The Flamingos 5. What are boys made of? -- The Percells 6. Sh Boom -- The Crew Cuts 7. Heart's desire -- The Avalons 8. Shredding Teardrops -- The Paramounts 9. Tonight Tonight -- The Mello Kings 10. For your love -- Ed Townsend 11. Hold me, Squeeze me -- Etta James & Peaches 12. Elephant walk -- Donald Jenkis & Delighters 13. Don't Don't Don't (drop out) -- Ronnie & The Schoolmates 14. Yours -- The Flamingos 15. It will stand -- The Showmen 16. Looking for my baby -- Doo Wop All Stars 17. Just for a thrill -- 5 Keys 18. From the bottom of my heart -- Fantastic 5 Keys 19. Wisdom of a fool -- 5 Keys
20. Darling can't you tell -- The Clusters 21. Try the impossible -- Lee Andrews & Hearts 22. The closer you are -- Earl Lewis & Channels 23. Those oldies but goodies -- Little Caesar & Romans 24. I don't want to cry -- Maureen Gray 25. No more -- The Uptones 26. Maybe you'll be there -- Billy & Essentials 27. Diamonds and Pearls -- The Paradons 28. Whispering Sorrows -- The Nutmegs 29. Congratulations -- The Chantels 30. Hey little school girl -- The Paragons 31. A 1000 miles away -- The Heartbeats 32. Daddy's home -- Shep & Limelites 33. What did Daddy do -- Shep & Limelites 34. Peppermint Stick -- The El Chords 35. Smoke gets in your eyes -- The Platters 36. One in a million -- The Platters 37. Be true -- The Vocaleers
38. 11th hour melody - The Rivieras 39. Moonlight Cocktails -- The Rivieras 40. I believe -- The Earls 41. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 42. Blue moon -- The Marcels 43. Bumble Bee - La Vern Baker 44. Out in the cold again -- The Dovells 45. Once upon a time -- Rochelle & Candles 46. Coney Island Baby -- The Excellents 47. This is my love -- The Passions 48. At my front door -- The El Dorados 49. We're lovers -- Maurice Williams & Zodiacs 50. My love for you will never die -- The Channels 51. I give my heart to you -- The Accents 52. Chapel of dreams -- The Dubs 53. Till -- The Angels 54. Up on the roof -- The Drifters 55. Goodnight baby -- The Imaginations
Thanks Cool Bobby B for all you do to keep Doo Wop Group Harmony Alive! You can write to Cool Bobby B at: firstname.lastname@example.org and if you do please let him know you heard him on Rock-it Radio!
And...... Check out his website at: www.doowopstop.com !
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4974
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos, California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost his studios to produce his shows. But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio. In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
If you have a recording studio in the Long Beach, California area perhaps you could make a deal with Steve to where he can produce these shows once again. Or if you have any comments for Steve you can contact him at: email@example.com
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4975
Dave is back this week with more hits and rarities and vinyl finds from the 1960s. Dave always surprises me with the rare finds he is able to come up with. Come have a listen by clicking to the speaker to show #4939. Here is this week's playlist. It's a double play on Rock-it Radio this week.
1. Snap Out - Interpretations 2. Follow That Dream - Elvis Presley 3. Good Girl Gone Bad - June Gatlin 4. Give Her Lots Of Lovin' - Del Shannon 5. Charity - Gray Things 6. Tell It Like It Is - Nomads 7. Tell It Like It Is - Aaron Neville 8. Bring It Home To Daddy - Fred Parris & Restless Hearts 9. Everyday - Rogues 10. You'll Be Alone - Roger K 11. Shape Of Things To Come - Max Frost & Troopers 12. You Had It Comin To You - David Gates 13. Treat Her Right - Roy Head & Traits 14. Bye Bye Bye - Tikis 15. Won't You Let Me Know - JJ Barnes 16. Tell Daddy - Ben E King 17. Saturday's Father - Four Seasons 18. What - Melinda Marxx 19. Cry, Cry, Cry - Jack Scott 20. If You Let Me Love You - Atlanta Vibrations 21. Dig - Viscounts
1. I Wanna Testify - Gene Dozier & Brotherhood 2. I'll Never Forget You - O'Jays 3. Shebang - Sisters McGee 4. I've Never Seen Love Like This - Orpheus 5. Want You By My Side - Changing Colours 6. Steal Away - Jimmy Hughes 7. Until You Were Gone - Aretha Franklin 8. Don't Forget About Me - Barbara Lewis 9. Up On The Roof - Drifters 10 Act Naturally - Beatles 11.Action Speaks Louder Than Words - Beatles 12.I Know I'm Losing You - Temptations 13.Suicide - Royal Flairs 14.Psychotic Reaction - Count Five 15.Explosion In Your Soul - Soul Survivors 16.Betrayed - Four Seasons 17.That's All We Really Need - Chris Crosby 18.Sunshine Girl - Parade 19.Stop What You're Doing - Roy C 20.Brand New World - Freddie Scott
Do you have a request you would like to hear on the Relics & Rarities show? You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org ============================================== 16TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE NOW ONLINE AS SHOW #4951!!! LISTEN, VOTE AND YOU DECIDE THE OUTCOME
CAST YOUR VOTES AND WIN PRIZES BY LISTENING TO THE 16TH ANNUAL ROCK-IT RADIO EAST/WEST SHOWDOWN
Rock-it Radio jocks Bill Green and Lane Quigley have been doing battle every year since 1999 with their yearly East/West Showdown here on Rock-it Radio. They return this year for their 16th annual match, presenting a great variety of tunes for you to select, cast your votes and become eligible for our prize drawing at the end of July.
The Showdown consists of 12 rounds. For each round, Bill Green (a New Jersey native representing the East) presents an East Coast record, and Lane Quigley (a lifelong Californian representing the West) matches it with a corresponding West Coast song. The tunes in each round have some sort of connection. Sometimes the links are obvious, other times not so much. As you listen to the show, Bill and Lane will provide fascinating information about each tune, and they'll explain the common thread that forms the basis of the match.
you listen, make note round-by-round of which song you prefer. After
you've heard the entire program, send us an email showing which song you
prefer in each of the twelve rounds. You may choose to copy-and-paste
the playlist below and use that as a ballot to check-off your choices; or you can simply list your choices round by-round. Send your ballot to: email@example.com. One ballot per listener please. We encourage your comments about the show and why you cast your votes for each round. The polls will be open for the entire month, through the end of the day PDT on July 31. In August, five lucky listeners will have their ballots selected at random and be awarded some great prizes from the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad, courtesy of Bennie Dingo.
Good luck! Remember to submit your ballot to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Here is the playlist (which you can copy-and-paste into an email for your ballot):
ROUND ONE: MILITARY SALUTE ___ EAST: I'd Do Anything - The Essex (1963) ___ WEST: My Heart's Desire - The Fabulous Pearls (1959) ROUND TWO: IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS? ___ EAST: Denise - Randy & The Rainbows (1963) ___ WEST: Hey Little Cobra - The Rip Chords (1963) ROUND THREE: SUPREME COMPLIMENTS ___ EAST: La De Da I Love You - Inez & Charlie Foxx (1964) ___ WEST: She's With Her Other Love - Leon Hayward (1965) ROUND FOUR: BEATLE BUDDIES ___ EAST: We Got Love - Bobby Rydell (1959) ___ WEST: Let's Dance - Chris Montez (1962) ROUND FIVE: RECORDED ON JANUARY 4, 1958 (SUBTITLE: BIG & LITTLE) ___ EAST: Talk To Me Talk To Me - Little Willie John (1958) ___ WEST: There Is Something On Your Mind - Big Jay McNeely (1959)
ROUND SIX: DINO'S JUKEBOX ___ EAST: The Door Is Still Open To My Heart - The Cardinals (1955) ___ WEST: Return To Me - The Values (1962)
ROUND SEVEN: MID 60's FOLK ROCK ___ EAST: You Didn't Have To Be So Nice - Lovin' Spoonful (1965) ___ WEST: I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better - The Byrds (1965)
ROUND EIGHT: EARLY 60's FOLK ___ EAST: Cottonfields - The Highwaymen (1961) ___ WEST: Green Green - The New Christy Minstrels (1963)
ROUND NINE: MAID FOR THE ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME ___ EAST: I'll Wait For You - Ruth Brown (1951) ___ WEST: A Fine Fine Boy - Darlene Love (1963)
ROUND TEN: ARTIST/PRODUCER/RECORD EXECUTIVE ___ EAST: Did You Cry? - Dickey Doo & The Donts (1958) ___ WEST: It Was I - Skip & Flip (1959)
ROUND ELEVEN: OH CANADA ___ EAST: Love Song - Anne Murray (1974) ___ WEST: Unless You Care - Terry Black (1963)
ROUND TWELVE: THE GREAT PRETENDERS ___ EAST: The Things I Love - The Fidelitys (1958) ___ WEST: In Self Defense - Cornell Gunter & The Flairs (1956)
Thanks Lane and Bill for putting together the 16th annual East Coast vs. West Coast Battle! Remember to cast those votes to email@example.com
============================================== DRAWING & PRIZES GIVEN OUT FOR THE 16TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST SHOWDOWN
It's that time of year again starting July 1st and running until July 31st. Prizes will be drawn! To those that send in their votes and copy and paste the above ballot in this newsletter under Rock-it Radio show #4951.
At the end of July -- Lane and Bill will randomly draw 5 winners to those that had voted.
And will relay the e mail addresses to Rock-it Radio main studio here. The following winners will be announced in the Listener's club newsletter and here are the prizes and contacted via E mail.
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and their choice of 5 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and their choice of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it
Store. And a vintage Radio show of their choice from the Rock-it Radio
Lauching Pad Store.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show. And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast of their choice.
The results of the tallying of you the Rock-it Radio Listener's that vote will be posted in the Rock-it Radio newsletter in the first
week of August. If you are not a member of the Rock-it Radio Listener's
club and would like to join ... just go to our main webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net And
click to the banner towards the top of the page asking you to join.
It's free and we don't give out your e mail address and we don't spam. Happy Voting everyone! Here this the ballot and playlist below. =============================================
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
JUNE END OF THE MONTH WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
and let me know what you would like to have along with a mailing address
and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank
you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have August
drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
NEW WEBSITE AND GIVEAWAYS ANNOUNCED FOR ROCK-IT RADIO. We have set up a new website to see what the benefits are to join the Rock-it Radio Listener's Club. And to commemorate our 19th Year this month of the beginning of Rock-it Radio. With every newsletter we will be announching Listener
Club winners to win vintage Rock and Roll Radio shows or Rock-it Radio
shows on CD. The Listener's choice. Each week we will draw the names
of one new member from that week, andtwo other Listener Club members to
win our drawings.
COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA What
is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually
collected by Radio fans. Come check out our webpage on collecting
ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER CLUB WEEKLY DRAWING GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 7/21/2014 It's
time once again for the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club members drawing
our way to say thanks to our Rock-it Radio Listener Club members. The
following members have either won a Rock-it Radio show of their choice
or a vintage Rock & Roll Radio Show from the 50s to the 70s in the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. So insert Drumroll !!!!!
Our New Listener Club Member Giveaway Winner is:
Michael Partin -- Chandler, Arizona USA
Winners this week of the Listener Club Member Giveaways are:
David May -- Lewiston, Maine USA Renee Borque -- North Bend, Oregon USA Donald Powell -- Scappoose, Oregon USA If you are one of those people for this week's winners You have 7 days from the Newsletter release date to get back to us at Rock-it Radio at the e mail address of: firstname.lastname@example.org In the Subject line write -- "I am a Winner" and let us know what you would like to have as a gift from Rock-it Radio. Either a vintage radio broadcast from our Launching Pad - Go ahead and shop and let us know at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
if you would prefer a Rock-it Radio Show on CD let us know the Show #
of the show and we can do that too! Please also in your e mail to us
provide a mailing address as well to send these new shows off to.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 21 July, 2014 This week in our archives page at:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it
Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching
Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from July 15, 2014 to
July 21, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Ted Martin -- Greer, South Carolina USA Michael Partin -- Chandler, Arizona USA Doug Stewart -- Canberra, Australia Marcel Minet -- The Netherlands
And 185 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 339 !!! new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 72,577 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to
order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our on archives
webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within
24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older shows that
you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it Radio blog
site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
Then you may either pay by check or money
order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50 U.S. each and are
studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at the
Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50
U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide,
overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where
to send payment is at our webpage:
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or
shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep these oldies alive
and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO STAFF NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 7/21/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974 3. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 4. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 5. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 6. RIR #567 -- Kenny & Cash Show Capital Radio London w/ Paul & Linda McCarthy 1973 7. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 8. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram WABC New York 7/22/1967 9. RIR #359 - Gus Gossert's Oldies show WPIX New York Feb. 1971 10. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 7/14/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Brazil +0 4. Croatia +1 5. Canada -1 6. Japan +0 7. Germany +1 8. Hungary +1 9. France -2 10. Spain +0 11. Australia +0 12. Netherlands +0 13. Sweden +0 14. Ireland +1 15. Mexico -1 16. Italy +1 17. Argentina +1 18. Philippines -2 19. Belgium +0 20. Peru +0 21. South Africa +0 22. Russia +1 23. Switzerland -1 24. Guatemala +0 25. Colombia +1 26. Chile -1 27. Finland +0 28. Norway +0 29. Dominican Republic +0 30. Saudi Arabia +0 31. Thailand +2 32. Portugal +8 33. Bolivia +6 34. Greece -4 35. Poland +6 36. Singapore +0 37. India +5 38. New Zealand -6 39. Indonesia +7 40. Slovakia +12 41. Austria -8 42. Czech Republic +2 43. Malaysia +8 44. Morocco -3 45. Bosnia & Herzegovina +14 46. Romania -3 47. United Arab Emirates -2 48. Denmark +0 49. China -10 50. Bulgaria +5
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. New York +0 5. New Jersey +0 6. Texas +0 7. Missouri +0 8. Washington +1 9. Massachusetts -1 10. North Carolina +0 11. Ohio +0 12. Arizona +1 13. Illinois -1 14. Georgia +0 15. Maryland +1 16. Michigan -1 17. Wisconsin +0 18. Virginia +0 19. Indiana +1 20. Oregon -1 21. Tennessee +1 22. Colorado +3 23. Connecticut -2 24. Kentucky -1 25. Alabama -1 26. South Carolina +1 27. Kansas -1 28. Delaware +1 29. Oklahoma +3 30. Rhode Island -2 31. Minnesota +0 32. Nevada -2 33. Idaho +0 34. Iowa +1 35. Louisiana -1 36. West Virginia +0 37. Arkansas +0 38. New Mexico +0 39. Nebraska +0 40. Maine +0 41. Hawaii +2 42. New Hampshire -1 43. Utah -1 44. Mississippi +0 45. District of Columbia +3 46. Montana -1 47. Vermont -1 48. Wyoming -1 49. South Dakota +0 50. North Dakota +0 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!