|Hi Rock-it Radio Listeners,|
Ten new shows for this week on Rock-it Radio and a start
Of a whole new month! That means another give away drawing
For those that supported Rock-it Radio Launching Pad last month.
And for the first time in 2014 we actually have new releases in the Launching Pad and we will have a mention of that in this newsletter as well.
Our shows can be heard in our archives page at:
and click to the speaker on the left to hear the show.
Remember if you are new to Internet Radio and having trouble tuning in though --
Check out our webpage to help you out at:
REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To
be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time.
For complete information check out our program
ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio
quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we
can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like
to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are
broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker
at our program page at:
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a
show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON
Rock-it Radio SHOW #5086
It's another variety pack of great music from the Golden Age of Rock & Roll on this week's Memory Lane Show. Along with the fabulous recordings, host Lane Quigley brings you some fascinating interview clips. Among the musical treats you will hear a future Rock & Roll Hall of Famer before he adapted his stage persona; a Sun Studios record from the mid-60's that sounds like it was recorded ten years earlier; a hot cover of a Chuck Berry classic; an early version of a song that James Brown would rework into one of his signature tunes; and a great 60's soul song by a performer who was trained as an opera singer. All that and more on this week's Memory Lane Show.
1. Bumble Bee - Lavern Baker 1960
2. Imagination - The Quotations 1962
3. Roll Over Beethoven - Helene Dixon 1956
4. Troubles, Troubles - Clarence 'Frogman' Henry 1956
5. The Girl's Alright With Me - The Temptations 1964
6. Don't Knock What You Don't Understand - Dane Stinit 1966
7. The Boy Next Door - The Spandells 1964
8. Shake Rattle & Roll - Joe Turner 1954
9. Here She Goes - The Tymes 1964
10. I Found You - Yvonne Fair 1964
11. Lily Maybelle - The Valentines 1955
12. You're a Heartbreaker - Elvis Presley 1955
13. Kidnaper - Jewel & The Rubies 1963
14. Cinderella, Cinderella - Gene Terry 1959
15. Little Girl (You're My Miss America) - The Beach Boys 1962
16. Storm Warning - Mac Rebennak 1959
17. Just One More Time - The Isley Brothers 1961
18. I Need Your Lovin' - Roy Hamilton 1959
19. Someone Somewhere - Junior Parker 1963
20. Only When You're Lonely - Holly Maxwell 1965
21. Please Accept My Love - B.B. King 1958
22. Baby Baby All The Time - The Superbs 1964
23. Night Life - Rusty Draper 1963
24. Everybody's Somebody's Fool 1957
Thanks Lane for another fantastic memory of Top 40 Radio!
If you would like to write to Lane with future requests or comments
Or would just like to say hello you can at:
JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5087
From across the Pond in the UK - Jackie Bond is back
with another hour of old and new Rockabilly.
If you love Rockabilly you should definetly catch this
show! By just clicking to the speaker on our program webpage
of show #5087. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Break Up - Ray Smith
2. Stick Shift - The Duals
3. Betty Ann - The Cruisers
4. Do Re Mi Rock - Johnny and The Jokers
5. Believe What You Say - Darrell Higham and Rocky Burnette
6. Warm Love - Johnny and Dorsey Burnette
7. The Little Moon Men - Lee George
8. Eskimo Boogie - Betty J Starr
9. Long Sideburns - Bolean Barry
10. Pretty Pretty Baby - The Firebirds
11. Ring Dang Dilly - Big Maybelle
12. Beat Out My Love - Lee Dresser and The Krazy Kats
13. Gotta Make Her Mine - Ronnie Wade
14. Sweet Little Woman - Little Johnny Jones and His Chicago Hound Dogs
15. I Can't Stop Now - Varetta Dillard
16. Noise - Tico and The Triumphs
17. Get Up And Do The Wobble - Tico and The Triumphs
18. Sleepwalk - Santo and Johnny
19. Who Was That Cat - High Noon
20. High Priced Woman - Arsen Roulette
21. Rockabilly Rules OK - Crazy Cavan and The Rhythm Rockers
22.Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Jackie loves his e mail! So if you would like to write
him with a Rockabilly Request or just to say hello!
You can reach him at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net
COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO
From a undisclosed location due to him cranking the
transmitter to a Million Watts! Cool Bobby B is back
on the Rock-it this week with 3 hours of great Doo Wop
music of the 50s and early 60s. And occasionally even
doo wop today! Let's get started with the playlist.
1. Rockin with the clock -- Shirley and Lee
2. Mope ity Mope - The Boss Tones
3. While Walking - The Fabulaires
4. So this is love - The Castells
5. Gee Baby - I'm Sorry
6. Sunday kind of Love - Etta James
7. Your other love - The Flamingos
8. There is - The Dells
9. Shu Bop is - Dion
10. There she goes - The Paramours
11. Rock and Roll Lullabye - The Belmonts
12. Please Please Please - James Brown & Famous Flames
13. Blue Velvet - The Clovers
14. Bing Bong - Vince Castro
15. There goes the boy - The Lydells
16. When we get married - The Dreamlovers
17. Maybe you'll be there - Billy & The Essentials
18. Looking for an echo - Kenny Vance & Planotones
19. My Prayer - The Platters
20. Never let me go - The Five Discs
21. You broke my heart - The States
22. Walking Alone - 4 Dukes
23. Don't take your love from me - The Calvanes
24. Would I love you - The Miracles
25. This I swear - The Skyliners
26. You'll never know - The Platters
27. Lovers never say goodbye - The Flamingos
28. You are - The Cadillacs
29. The girl I love - The Cadillacs
30. Sympathy - The Cadillacs
31. You belong to me - The Duprees
32. Chain of broken hearts - The Camelots
33. The door is still open - The Cardinals
34. Just a shoulder to cry on - The Demensions
35. Since I fell for you - Lenny Welch
36. This heart of mine - The Falcons
37. You're so fine - The Falcons
38. Mr. Lee - The Bobettes
39. 11th hour melody - The Rivieras
40. Moonlight Cocktails - the Rivieras
41. One in a million - The Platters
42. The magic touch - The Platters
43. Why do fools fall in love - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
44. Sunday Kind of Love - The Harptones
45. Tell me why - Norman Fox and Robroys
46. My heart belongs to only you - The Standards
47. Soon - 4 Seasons
48. Pollyanna - The Classics
49. Goodbye to love - The Chantels
50. White cliffs of Dover - The Robins
51. I'm so young - The Students
52. Paper Castles - Frankie Lymon
53. Little Boy Blue - The Elegants
54. Suddenly There's a valley - The Drifters
55. That's the way it goes - Manhattan Transfer
56. Don't say goodbye - The Criterions
57. Good night Baby - The Imaginations
Thanks Cool Bobby B for all you do to keep Doo Wop Group
Harmony Alive! You can write to Cool Bobby B at:
firstname.lastname@example.org and if you do please let him
know you heard him on Rock-it Radio!
And...... Check out his website at:
THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5089
Dave is back this week with two more hours of
rockin' 60s based shows. If you love 60s rock and
roll you got to tune into this show.
1. Jaywalk - Barons
2. Playboy - Marvelettes
3. Call Me - Chris Montez
4. Tempted - Lew Weber
5. At The Scene - Dave Clark Five
6. Surf's Up - Royale Monarchs
7. Honolulu Lulu - Jan & Dean
8. Ninety Day Guarantee - Donna Loren
9. Party People - Augie Moreno
10. Come On Let Me Try - Linda & The Del Rios
11. Poor Shell Of A Man - Standells
12. I Think I Found Love - Ty Wagner
13. I Found A Love - Falcons
14. Challenge My Love - Toby Lark
15. I Ain't Got To Love Nobody Else - Masqueraders
16. Wanting You - Maxine Brown
17. You've Got To Be Loved - Montanas
18. What Is Right - Anthony Dean
19. Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun) - Del Shannon
20. Cry, Cry, Cry - Riot Squad (Discovery of Week)
Thank you Dave for another flashback to the 60s and the relics and
Rarities you certainly have! If you have a favorite 60s tune that you
Would like to hear or just give Dave the Rave a big hello you can
Reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5090
From the land of windmills, dykes, canals, cheese, tulips and wooden shoes here is another powerful Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs from Spain, France, Belgium, Finland, Australia, the UK, the Netherlands, Sweden and the USA. So get ready and sing along with these great tunes.
1. At the hop - Danny & the Juniors - 1957
2. The wayward wind - Jerry Kerlee & the Royal Rhythms - 1967
3. Down on the farm - King Drapes - 2000
4. She rocked with me - Don Uglow & the Teddy Boys - 1958
5. Lady of Spain (instr) - The Black Arrows - 1963
6. Hepcat Saturday night - Kieron McDonald - 2009
7. So wild - Pete & Jimmy - 1959
8. Modern Don Juan - King Size Trio - 2001
9. Chantilly Lace - Big Bopper - 1958
10. Love's made a fool of you - The Crickets - 1958
11. When my baby passes by - Glenn Bland & the Rhythm Kings - 1958
12. Just for kicks - Mike Sarne - 1962
13. Just for kicks - Forbidden Rockers - 2003
14. You're gone, again - Don Epperson - 1961
15. Dreamin' love affair - Earl & the Overtones - 2004
16. I vibrate - Mack Self - 1958
17. Paperboy - Norma Lee - 1959
18. Baby sittin' - Bobby Angelo & the Tuxedos - 1961
19. Well oh, well oh - Robin Luke - 1960
20. Playing the field - Tommy Sands - 1958
21. Wake up little lady - Ruth McKenny - 1988
22. Sadie Mae - Rusty York - 1960
23. If you don't know - Jody Gibson & the Muleskinners - 1960
24. Till I waltz again - Micke Muster - 2007
25. Saturday night twist - Doug Clayton - 1963
26. Sand hopper (instr) - Savage Kalman & the Explosion Rockets - 1981
Another great show Jack -- If you would like to write
to Jack with rockabilly requests, comments or just to say
hello you can reach him at:
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN'
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5091
ROCK-IT RADIO : PLAYLIST : SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE - THE MOVIN' & GROOVIN' SHOW # 97
REGIONAL ROUND UP Part 28 - Alaska - Montana - Maine - Wyoming - Idaho - Hawaii - Vermont - Utah - North & South Dakota Part 1
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for the final in the series "Regional Round Up Pt 1", the show that features a State or States
of America with some of the record labels out of those States, the towns and cities where those labels were situated, and the
artists who recorded on them. This show features the States of, Alaska, Montana, Maine, Wyoming, Idaho, Hawaii, Vermont,
Utah, and North & South Dakota with Rock and Roll, Rockabilly, Instrumentals and the regular feature, The Smooch Spot from
the 1950's and 1960's.
There will be another series of "Regional Round Up" (Part 2) coming shortly when I will be going back and spotlighting the States of America
that have already been featured. But for now, climb aboard the Rock-it and join me for a musical trip around the States of,
Alaska, Montana, Maine, Wyoming, Idaho, Hawaii, Vermont, Utah, and North & South Dakota.
01. Intro - Medley
02. Da Kind - The Royal Drifters (59) Teen - Honolulu - Hawaii
03. Hawaiian War Chant - The Playboys (59) Souvenir - Coeur D'Arlene - Idaho
04. Booze Party - Three Aces & A Joker (60) GRC - Salt Lake City - Utah
05. Lover Boy - Curtis Johnson (58) Event - Westbrook - Maine
06. Eskimo Boogie - Betty Jo & Johnny Starr (?) Alaska - De Borgia - Montana
07. Kiss An Eskimo - Harry Lee (59) Igloo - Anchorage - Alaska
08. Bright Lights - Harold Crosby & His Pine Tree Boys (61) Top Fifty - Cheyenne - Wyoming
09. Peter Rabbit - Myron Lee & The Caddies (?) M&L - Sioux Falls - South Dakota
10. Chief Whoopin'-Koff (instrumental) - The Royal Knights (63) Fireball - Lewiston - Maine
11. Rock Along - Tom Moffatt & The Flames (57) International - Honolulu - Hawaii
12. Sally Ann - Bobby Wayne & The Warriors (?) LJV - Bismark - North Dakota
13. I Want You To Know - Ricky Coyne & His Guitar Rockers (59) Event - Westbrook - Maine
14. Evening Time - Scotty McKay (59) Event - Westbrook - Maine
15. Ballad Of An Angel - Bobby Swanson & His Sonics (59) Igloo - Anchorage - Alaska
16. Walking To School With My Love - Kayo & The Trinities (60) Souvenir - Coeur D'Arlene - Idaho
17. Living's Loving You - Robin Luke (58) International - Honolulu - Hawaii
18. DJ Theme (instrumental) - The Blue Jeans (61) Souvenir - Coeur D'Arlene - Idaho
19. Torrid Tessie Lee - Johnny Houston (59) Event - Westbrook - Maine
20. Baby Of Mine - Tom Dorsam (64) Loren - Saint Johnsbury - Vermont
21. Only A Dream Romance - The Tilton Sisters (59) Bertram International - Honolulu - Hawaii
22. Arkansas Boogie - Country Girl Kay (?) Whitkay - Helena - Montana
23. Linda Lee - Davey Bee & The Sonics (?) Pearl - Bismark - North Dakota
24. Kathy Jo - Kayo & The Trinities (60) Souvenir - Coeur D'Arlene - Idaho
25. Baby Let's Play House - Curtis Johnson (56) Event - Westbrook - Maine
26. Rock-A-Billy Boogie - Audrey & Danny Harrison (58) Event - Westbrook - Maine
27. Jealous Hearted Me - Jimmy Copeland (58) Event - Westbrook - Maine
28. Ding Dong Du Wadi-Wadi - The Dreamers (58) Event - Westbrook - Maine
29. Rock And Roll Baby - The Dreamers (57) Event - Westbrook - Maine
30. The Red Bird Boogie - Joe Taylor (57 Event - Westbrook - Maine
31. Outro - Medley
Thank you DJ Spinning Rock Boogie I see you even found some releases from right here
In Couer D'Alene area! That has to be rare! If you have any future requests or comments to DJ Spinning Rock Boogie you can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ROCK-IT RADIO FLASHBACK SPECIAL - RICK WARD REBROADCAST
OF THE BORDER BLASTERS STORY. SHOW #5092
Those long time listeners of Rock-it Radio will fondly remember
our DJ Rick Ward
And the Rick Ward show. He has had a wonderful career in radio including being the
Producer of Wolfman Jack's show at a young age at XPRS Radio.
And later also had
His own show following Wolfman Jack.
Anyways this show he tells the Story of one Wolfman Jack in Radio along with others as they blasted the Southwestern United States with a 150,000 Watt Transmitter across the Mexican Border in the 60s. (U.S. Maximum legal limit is set at 50,000 Watts).
It's great Radio History and of a great man and broadcasting Icon! Wolfman Jack!
Come tune in.
THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5093
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and
expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos,
California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost
his studios to produce his shows.
But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio.
In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been
shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features
Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock
Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl
from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of
these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the
next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
If you have a recording studio in the Long Beach, California
area perhaps you could make a deal with Steve to where he can
produce these shows once again. Or if you have any comments for
Steve you can contact him at: email@example.com
ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5094
Rockin' Daddy O is back this week with another great segment of the
Rockabilly Ranch Party! Filled with high octane rockin' rockabilly from yesterday and today. Here is the playlist of this show and what you will hear when you go to our program page and click the speaker to show #5094!
1. Stick Shift-Duals
2. Drums A Go Go-Hollywood Persuaders
3. Ich-I-Bon #1-Nick & The Jaguars
4. Rockin' Daddy-Eddie Bond & The Stompers
5. That Ain't Nothin' But Right-Mac Curtis
6. Love Me-Buddy Holly
7. Woe Is Me-Bobby Lee Trammel
8. Betty Ann-Cruisers
9. She's Mine-Roxsters
10. Have A Ball-Omar Romero
11. What You Do To Me-Rhythm Shakers
12. Devil Doll-Roy Orbison
13. Just Plain Lonesome-Belfuries
14. Baby Baby Me-Big Sandy & The Flyrite Boys
15. Miss Bobby Sox-Benny Joy
16. That's The Way I Feel-Jimmy Pritchett
17. That's What I Call A Ball-Larry Donn
18. Jenny Barn-Jesse Al Tuscan & Lumberjacks
19. The 309-Hi-Winders
20. The Mill-Johnny Bach & Moonshine Boozers
21. Sag, Drag And Fall-Sid King & 5 Strings
22. I'm Coming Home-Johnny Horton
23. What A Dream It's Been-Big Sandy & The Flyrite Boys
Thank you Daddy O for all of your great programs! If you have any future
Requests or comments you can reach him online via e mail here at:
JAMES RILEY AND THE ROCKABILLY AND BLUES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5095
From Tennessee, USA the birthplace of Rockabilly music
James Riley does his first show for us here at Rock-it
Radio. We invite you to tune in by going to our program
webpage and clicking the speaker to show #5095.
1. Tear The Roof Off- The Rockats
2. Rockabilly Idol- Levi & The Rockats
3. Room To Rock- Levi & The Rockats
4. Rockabilly Doll- The Rockats
5. My Way- The Rockats
6. Krazy Baby- The Rockats
7. Make That Move- The Rockats
8. Never So Clever- The Rockats
9. Go Cat Wild- The Rockats
10. Downtown Saturday Night- The Rockats
11. Love You Anyway- The Rockats
12. Tattooed Lady- The Rockats
13. Rollin' Thunder- The Rockats
14. Whiskey Boys- The Rockats
15. Why Do You Love Me- The Rockats
16. Rockin' Together- The Rockats
This week has part 1 of our talk with Bill Miller of the Johnny Cash > Museum in Nashville, TN along with some Cash favorites. >
1. Blast Off- Stray Cats
2. Rock Lil Baby- Danny B. Harvey>
3. Big Big Hole- Chris Casello Trio
4. Katmen- When The Drink's Dried Up>
5. Drivin' Wheel- Robert Gordon>
6. Folsom Prison Blues- Johnny Cash
7. I've Been Everywhere- Johnny Cash
8. Big River- Johnny Cash
9. Ragged Old Flag- Johnny Cash
10. I Walk The Line- Johnny Cash
11. Something Wicked This Way Comes- Jittery Jack
12. Mess About Man- Jake Allen
13. It's Rock & Roll- The Reach Around Rodeo Clowns
14. All The Time- Sleepy LaBeef
Do you have a future request or comments on James' Rockabilly
show here on Rock-it Radio? You can reach him at his new e
mail address at: James@rockitradio.net
100'S OF VINTAGE ROCK AND ROLL VIDEOS ON FILE IN
OUR VIDEO SITE AT ROCK-IT RADIO: CHECK IT OUT AT:
COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A
LIKE FROM YOU!
The Rock-it Radio Facebook Site.
HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more --
We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it
Radio. You can find it at:
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2014
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows
for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc.
Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the
1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on
our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation
we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio
show like we offer in our Online store.
OCTOBER END OF THE MONTH WINNERS
ANNOUNCED FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by
purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the
either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
Or by going and ordering Rock-it Radio shows at:
The OCTOBER 2014 Winners this month are:
Dennis Schaffer - Torrington, Wyoming
Douglas George - Los Banos, California
Shannon Neus - Batavia, Ohio
SUPER MEGA WINNER - WINNER OF 10 SHOWS
OF THEIR CHOICE !!!!!!!!
Veronica Traynor - Appleton, Wisconsin
Each of you have won your choice of 3 vintage
Rock Radio programs (The Super Mega winner won 10!)
from our online store at:
or you can order Rock-it Radio Shows if you prefer on CD
You have until
November 30, 2014 to let us write back and let
us know of your choices.
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to
have along with a mailing address and we will got those
items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank you for helping
support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have October drawings
as well at the first week of next month.
NEW T SHIRT DESIGNS ARE RELEASED THIS PAST WEEK
As we reported last week the new Rock-it Radio T shirts have been
Released. 3 New designs by Rock-it Radio's own Jammin' Jan.
Each Rock-it Radio T shirt is only $16.00 each plus shipping. And 100% of
All monies goes to keeping Rock-it Radio Online.
Come check out the latest styles.:
Check Website for updates and availability
CHAT PAGE SCHEDULES ANNOUNCED
A couple of week's ago we mentioned a new Rock-it Radio Chat page
For Rock-it Radio. And now we are about to set some schedules here on Rock-it Radio.
A Rock-it Radio Listener Doug from Canberra Australia, has been wanting to chat with
Other Rock-it Radio listeners and chat about oldies rock and roll.
Here is his schedule he says he can moderate and be online with the following Daily schedule.
Doug from Canberra, Australia here.
I have been trying out the Rock-it Radio Chat page, but feeling a bit lonely there until they get regular chat sessions happening.
Currently I am usually on between :
09:00 am - 12:00 pm East Coast Australia
10:00 am - 01:00 am London Time
18:00 pm - 21:00 pm New York Time
Hope to chat with a few other Rock-it Radio listeners.
It is still in beta, but let's break it in
Also, Bennie Dingo along with Debbie Snowdove stated we will attempt
To be on this new chat page from the following schedule on Mondays.
7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. East Coast Australia
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. East Coast USA
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. West Coast USA
11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. in London.
|COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA|
What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans.
Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
THREE NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD!
It has been over a year since we have put on a new broadcast in the Rock-it Radio Radio
Launching Pad. Where we sell those vintage rock and roll radio shows from the 50s to the 70s. Here is our latest releases this week with more to come at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
2. RIR #634 - Mad Daddy Pete Myers from July 1964 over WINS 1010 AM in
New York City.
3. RIR #635 - Rosko Mercer Pt. 1 over KDIA Oakland, Calif. From 12/28/1963
We do have 100s of vintage rock radio shows from remastered onto Compact Disc you can see the listing in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
|ROCK-IT RADIO STARTS NEW CHAT PAGE TO LISTEN|
TO ROCK-IT RADIO AND CHAT WITH DJ'S AND OTHER
Last week we rebuilt our old chat webpage for
Rock-it Radio. We will have set schedules hopefully
soon. But until then you never know who might be
out there! Come check it out at:
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the
popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a
search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that
I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Rock-it Radio listed.
Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at:
SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING HAS
We are happy to report that our sister station First Nations Broadcasting run
And operated by our own Debbie Snowdove has been updated. With new links
And news. You can check it out here at:
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 1 November, 2014
This week in our archives page at:
Johnny Cash from 1985 singing to a live packed audience at a baseball stadium -
This Ragged Old Flag.
And check out the 100s of vintage music videos we have
listed in our Video webpage at:
|MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??|
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PAGE...
Remember you can check out all the Rock-it Radio DJ's
and read the bios of these DJ's that make these
Rock-it Radio Shows possible at:
And don't forget for even more pictures --
there is our picture page at:
REMEMBERING OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO IN THE
UNITED KINGDOM IN THE 60S.
You can pretty safely debate that offshore pirate radio
brought Rock and Roll to Great Britain in the 60s. Prior
to that, The only radio outlet in the UK was the BBC. And
only had a few hours a week of programming dedicated to the
music the British youth were yearning for. So, along came
Offshore broadcasting. Basically refitted cargo ships into
a floating radio station - anchored just off the coast in
International waters. Probably the most famous being
Radio Caroline (named after Caroline Kennedy (JFK's daughter)).
These stations played the Rock and Roll of the day.
Rock-it Radio has a website dedicated to the Offshore Radio
IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our
updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start
scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from October 25, 2014 to
November 1, 2014.
We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides.
Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always
welcome and you can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WELCOME ABOARD TO:
in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at:
And 37 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of
215 !!! new members to the Rock-it Radio
Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have
77,148exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music
of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this
music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please
share the information of this station. And if you have
a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio
link on your page.
There are a few to choose from in our link page at:
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only
$9.50 U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at
the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order
one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail.
Instructions where to send payment is at our webpage:
If you are a member of paypal (http://www.paypal.com) you can e mail directly
and let me know via e mail (email@example.com) what shows you would
like we can send you a paypal invoice within 24 hours.
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you
help keep these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
And at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but actually
some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at Rock-it Radio.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage on collecting airchecks
or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you would like to check it out the
website address is:
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
1. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show
2. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974
3. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960
4. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967
5. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram WABC New York 7/22/1967
6. RIR #567 -- Kenny & Cash Show Capital Radio London w/ Paul & Linda McCarthy 1973
7. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960
8. RIR #359 - Gus Gossert's Oldies show WPIX New York Feb. 1971
9. RIR #267 - Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg WMEX Boston 12/12/196510. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
or in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html(listed by date)
and in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name
or Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is what keeps
Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys these!
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
WEEK ENDING 11/1/2014
We are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 209 Countries that
tune us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far
this month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
For Week ending 11/1/2014
1. United States +0
2. United Kingdom +0
3. Canada +0
4. Brazil +0
5. France +1
6. Germany +1
7. Hungary -2
8. Netherlands +3
9. Spain -1
10. Australia +0
11. Ireland +1
12. Japan -3
13. Sweden +0
14. Russia +0
15. Philippines +1
16. Belgium +1
17. Italy +2
18. Mexico +0
19. Croatia -4
20. Switzerland +1
21. Norway +1
22. Finland +1
23. South Africa +1
24. Austria +3
25. Argentina -10
26. Slovakia -1
27. New Zealand -1
28. Reunion +13
29. Greece +3
30. Romania +19
31. Serbia -4
32. Saudi Arabia -2
33. Thailand -6
34. Poland +0
35. Indonesia +2
36. Singapore +0
37. Estonia +5
38. United Arab Emirates +5
39. Venezuela +6
40. Malaysia +7
41. Ecuador +11
42. Puerto Rico -1
43. Portugal +2
44. Israel -9
45. Ukraine +8
46. Bulgaria +4
47. Czech Republic -10
48. Colombia -12
49. Chile +5
50. Hong Kong +8
U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0
2. Oregon +0
3. Florida +0
4. Pennsylvania +0
5. New York +0
6. Ohio +0
7. Texas +0
8. New Jersey +0
9. North Carolina +0
10. Illinois +1
11. Washington +1
12. Massachusetts -2
13. Michigan +2
14. Virginia -1
15. Georgia -1
16. Missouri +1
17. Wisconsin -1
18. Maryland +4
19. Tennessee +0
20. Arizona -2
21. Colorado +2
22. Indiana -4
23. Kentucky -3
24. Connecticut +0
25. Alabama +0
26. Nevada +0
27. South Carolina +3
28. Kansas +0
29. Oklahoma +4
30. Idaho +6
31. Arkansas -4
32. Iowa +6
33. Rhode Island -1
34. Delaware -3
35. Minnesota -5
36. New Mexico -1
37. West Virginia +4
38. Louisiana -11
39. Utah +0
40. Mississippi +0
41. Nebraska -4
42. Wyoming +1
43. Montana +1
44. New Hampshire +2
45. District of Columbia -4
46. Maine -1
47. Vermont +1
48. North Dakota +3
49. South Dakota +0
50. Alaska +0
51. Hawaii -4
you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further
Come tune into the World on your computer!
1000s of stations around the world now broadcast online. We have a
link to some of the internet top directories to help you find these stations.