|Hi Rock-it Radio Listeners,|
Well gang we have a total of 14 new shows for you
in this newsletter. We have another Arctic blast coming
down from the North also here at the station. So far not
to terribly bad mostly staying in the single digits Temp.
wise at night. What gets you is that strong wind!
Anyways, lots of programs!
And we are also happy to report this past couple of week's we
Have been able to get our program page back up to 30 of our
Latest shows once again.
and click to the speaker on the left to hear the show.
Remember if you are new to Internet Radio and having trouble tuning in though --
Check out our webpage to help you out at:
REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To
be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time.
For complete information check out our program
ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio
quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we
can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like
to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are
broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker
at our program page at:
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a
show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOW #5096
On this week's Memory Lane Show, host Lane Quigley pays another visit to the Land of Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's. This playlist contains all songs that reached the U.S. Top 40 during the 50's & 60's, but have been largely forgotten over the years. This show features everything from one-hit wonders to Rock n Roll Hall-of-Famers, and as always Lane delivers informative interview clips with the stories behind the hits. You'll also hear a rare extended version of an overlooked great top 20 hit. Give a listen to this week's Memory Lane Show and bring back some great memories.
1. Night Train - James Brown & The Famous Flames 1962 #35
2. Whispering Bells - The Dell Vikings 1957 #9
3. When I'm Gone - Brenda Holloway 1965 #25
4. Baby Blue - The Echoes 1961 #12
5. You're So Fine - The Falcons 1959 #17
6. So Fine - The Fiestas 1959 #11
7. Look Through Any Window - The Mamas & Papas 1966 #24
8. Charlie Brown - The Coasters 1959 #2
9. Cold Cold Heart- Hank Williams 1951 #27
10. (I Do The) Shimmy Shimmy - Bobby Freeman 1960 #37
11. I Wonder Why - Dion & The Belmonts 1958 #22
12. A Walkin' Miracle - The Essex 1963 #12
13. Let The Four Winds Blow - Roy Brown 1957 #29
14. Two Hearts, Two Kisses - Pat Boone 1955 #16
15. Rosie Lee - The Mello-Tones 1957 #24
16. I Need Your Lovin' - Don Gardner & Dee Dee Ford 1962 #20
17. Dance With Me - The Drifters 1959 #15
18. Keep a Knockin' - Little Richard 1957 #8
19. Muddy Water - Johnny Rivers 1966 #19
20. I Almost Lost My Mind - Nat KingCole 1950 #26
21. Hold What You've Got - Joe Tex 1964-65 #5
22. Don't - Elvis Presley 1958 #1
Thanks Lane for another fantastic memory of Top 40 Radio!
If you would like to write to Lane with future requests or comments
Or would just like to say hello you can at:
OTTO FUCHS AND THE ROCKIN' THE JOINT SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5097
From Baden, Austria comes Otto Fuchs and the Rockin' The Joint show
Filled with 1950s Rock and Roll and Rockabilly.
For the 8th Rockin' The Joint Show DJ Otto Fuchs sheds limelight onto some of the later recordings by the first generation of Rock & Roll Stars. Inspiration for this came by The Killer Jerry Lee Lewis. Who just released a brand new album entitled Rock & Roll Time, at the age of 79 years young. The songs span the period from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s right to today. Some of the performers might have lacked the fame of their heyday. But still had the talents needed to either make an impact on the charts, or even revive the genres Rockabilly and Rock & Roll with their recordings, or proof that they were seen as being in a time-capsule, while they had emerged into great contemporary performers!
Here is the playlist.
Thanks Otto for another Rockin' Show! If you would like to e mail Otto
With any future requests or comments you can reach him at:
KEN STRANGE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5098
Join DJ Ken Strange for another Country Record Round Up with good 'ole country music from the 50's to the 00's that is right across the board including, Blue Grass, Irish Country the regular feature, Duos & Duets, and a whole lot more in between.
So let's delve into the country archives and head off for that round up.
01. Intro - Medley
02. Country Boy Bounce - Buddy Emmons & The Country Boys (56) Columbia
03. Another Night - Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder (97) Rounder
04. Ace Of Hearts - Alan Jackson (90) Arista
05. Your The First Time I've Thought About Leaving - Reba McIntire (83) Mercury
06. Adios Amigo - Jim Reeves (63) RCA
07. Jonesy (instrumental) - George Jones & The Jones Boys (72) Musicore
08. Drunk On The Street - Bo Ratliff (67) Ma-Be
09. Dear God - Patsy Cline (58) Decca
10. Memories Of You - Magel Priesman (58) Sun
11. Please Pass The Biscuits - Jimmy Dean (62) Columbia
12. Choctaw Boogie - Bob Reed (57) Mar-Vel
13. Burning Bridges - Jack Scott (60) Top Rank
14. Walking After Midnight - Wanda Jackson (07) K-Tel
15. Let's Not Pretend - Bud Deckleman & The DayDreams (54) Meteor
16. Copperhead Road - Steve Earle (88) MCA
17. Don't Go Out With Him - Tanya Tucker & T Graham Brown (90) Capitol
18. If You've Got The Money - Connie Francis & Hank Williams Jnr (65) MGM
19. Too Used To Being With You - Bobby Bare & Skeeter Davis (65) RCA-Victor
20. Here We Are - George Jones & Emmylou Harris (79) Epic
21. Getting Over Getting Over You - Louise Morrissey (98) CMR Records
22. I'm Just Lucky I Guess - Gene Stuart & The Mighty Avons (70) Dolphin
23. The One On The Right Is On The Left - Johnny Cash (66) Columbia
24. Have You Ever Been In Love Before - The Country Lads (62) Fredlo
25. There is A Time And Place - Johnny Foster (61) Carma
26. Who-Ah - Carl Sauceman & The Green Valley Boys (58) N-One
27. Pearl's Eye View - Nancy Griffith (01) Elektra
28. Outro - Medley
Thank you Ken for the great country music. If you have any comments or requests
For Ken you can reach him at: email@example.com
PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW WITH 60S AND 70S MEMORIES ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5099 WITH A DREAMIN' THEME!
The Oldies Show is partnering up with the sandman to bring a playlist full of songs that offer dreamy notions about life's possibilities. Get out your pillow and get to it.
1. Dreamin' - Johnny Burnette (1960)
2. Crazy Dreams - Harold Jenkins (1956)
3. Daydream Believer - The Monkees (1967)
4. Moondreams - Buddy Holly (1958)
5. Dream Lover - Bobby Darin (1959)
6. A Wonderful Dream - The Majors (1962)
7. I Like Dreamin' - Kenny Nolan (1976)
8. Daydream - The Lovin' Spoonful (1966)
9. Just a Dream - Jimmy Clanton (1958)
10. California Dreamin' - The Mamas & the Papas (1966)
11. Big Dream - Rayburn Anthony (1962)
12. Dream Weaver - Gary Wright (1976)
13. Dream Baby - Roy Orbison (1962)
14. My Dream - The Sharmettes (1962)
15. Dream On - Aerosmith (1973)
16. All I Have to Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers (1958)
17. Dreamin' About You - Annette (1961)
18. I Had Too Much to Dream - The Electric Prunes (1967)
19. Sweet Dreams - Tommy McLain (1966)
20. Your Wildest Dreams - The Moody Blues (1986)
21. Dreams of the Everyday Housewife - Glen Campbell (1968)
22. Dreamy Eyes - Johnny Tillotsen (1958)
23. Sweet Dreams - The Eurythmics
Thank you Walt for another great set of Oldies with this week the Dream Theme going on. If you have any future requests or comments for Walt you can reach him at:
AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH PART I OF A TRIBUTE TO
JOHN D. LOUDERMILK ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5100
John D. Loudermilk has composed a great many songs over the course of his career. Some he recorded himself while other songs he wrote were recorded by others. Many of the songs recorded by artists other than John became huge international hits and it is for this reason that he is probably better known as a song writer than as a recording artist. Songs such as Abilene, Waterloo, Angela Jones, Sittin In The Balcon, Tobacco Road as well as many others all came from the pen of John D. Loudermilk. These shows will feature not only his hits recorded by others but his versions as well. Rare tunes he wrote and recorded but failed to hit will also be heard.
The play list is as follows:
1. Sittin' In The Balcony-Johnny Dee (AKA John D. Loudermilk) 1957
2. Ebony Eyes-The Everly Brothers-1961
3. Thou Shalt Not Steal-Dick and Dee Dee 1965
4. Sittin' In The Balcony-Eddie Cochran 1957
5. Sad Movies (Make me Cry)-Sue Thompson 1961
6. Norman-Sue Thompson 1961
7. Belonging To You-Bob Luman 1962
8. A Rose and A Baby Ruth-George Hamilton IV 1956
9. Half Breed-Ricky Nelson 1959
10. A-Plus In Love- Johnny Dee (John D. Loudermilk) 1957
11. Asiatic Flu-Ebe Sneezer (AKA John D. Loudermilk) 1957
12. Tobacco Road-John D. Loudermilk 1960
13. Tobacco Road-Nashville Teens 1964
14. Midnight Bus-Betty McQuaid 1961
15. Angela Jones-John D. Loudermilk 1959
16. Susie's House-John D. Loudermilk 1958
17. Yearbook-John D. Loudermilk 1958
18. Yo-Yo-John D. Loudermilk 1958
19. Waterloo-Stonewall Jackson 1959
20. Calling Dr. Casey-John D. Loudermilk 1962
21. Abilene-George Hamilton IV 1963
22. Hey Ma Hide The Daughter-John D. Loudermilk 1959
23. Paper Tiger-Sue Thompson 1964
24. Blue Train-John D. Loudermilk 1964
Thank you Al for such a great tribute in this show and can't wait
For part II next week here on Rock-it Radio! If you have any requests or
Comments you can reach Al at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Al ends this playlist with a touching tribute that I hope he doesn't mind
"As noted above, this show is the first of a two part effort highlighting the work of guitarist,vocalist and prolific song writer John D. Loudermilk. These shows will be dedicated to the late Bill Bowen who died back in September of this year. Bill provided me with all of the music that will be played on these shows. Over the years he has provide me with suggestions for shows, , research information and the related music for those shows. He was also a loyal Rockit Radio listener.
I will miss him."
PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete is a veteran DJ here at Rock-it Radio and a loyal provider of shows for us
Here. His dedication and knowledge of 50s and early 60s Doo Wop shines as
He spins those tunes of yesteryear. Including The Silly song segment and the rare
But scratchy 45 segment. Here is this week's playlist of what you will hear.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982)
2. Go Back Where You Came From-The Summits (1961)
3. I'll Make You Understand-The Performers (1959)
4. Bong Bong-Vince Castro & The Tonettes (1958)
5. Shifting Sands (later, acappella version)-The Nutmegs (xxxx)
6. Gloria-The Channels (1961)
7. Sunday Kind of Love-Frankie & The Fashions (xxxx)
8. Oh, Baby-The Jesters (1958)
9. Diddilly Diddilly Babe-The Four Lovers (The Four Seasons) (1956)
10. When I Woke Up This Morning-The Bop-Chords (1957)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Tip Toe Through the Tulips With Me-Tiny Tim (1968)
12. Fast Food-Stevens & Grdnic (1982)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Tonight-The Love Notes (1957)
14. Hidi, Hidi, Hidi-The Night Raiders (xxxx)
15. Lana-The Velvets (1961)
16. Down the Aisle-Patti LaBelle & The Blue Belles (1963)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. I've Had It-The Bell-Notes (1959)
18. I'm Dreaming of You-The Fashions (xxxx)
19. Saved-LaVern Baker (1961)
20. I Can't Go On (Rosalie)-Dion & The Belmonts (1961)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. 1954 version: I Wanna Know-The Diablos (1954)
22. Beside You-The Swallows (xxxx)
23. Embraceable You-The Solitaires (1959)
24. The Honeymoon-The Solitaires (1956)
25. Darling, How Long-The Heartbeats (xxxx)
26. Emily-The Turks (The Hollywood Flames) (xxxx)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Do you have a doo wop request you would like to hear on Pete's show?
Or a comment on his show? You can reach him via e mail at:
JAMES RILEY AND THE ROCKABILLY AND BLUES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5102
From Tennessee, USA the birthplace of Rockabilly music
James Riley does his first show for us here at Rock-it
Radio. We invite you to tune in by going to our program
webpage and clicking the speaker to show #5102.
1. Go Man Go- The Bullets
2. Mean Woman Blues- Elvis Presley
3. Beer Bottle Rockets- Ginger St. James
4. Rockin' Little Angel- Webb Wilder
5. Heartache Overload- The Caezars
6. Orange Blossom Special- Johnny Cash
7. Get Rhythm- Johnny Cash
8. Ring Of Fire- Johnny Cash
9. There You Go- Johnny Cash
10. Any Old Wind That Blows- Johnny Cash
11. Dynamite- Brenda Lee
12. Drugstore Rock & Roll- Janis Martin
13. Country Boy- JD McPherson
14. Lost John Dean- Cactus Blossoms
15. Tornado- Dale Hawkins
16. Lonesome Train- Levi Dexter & Magic
1. "Stiletto Cool"- Brian Setzer
2. "Put Your Cat Clothes On"- Carl Perkins
3. "Boppin' Bernie"- Levi Dexter
4. "Stick With Me Baby"- The Everly Brothers
5. "Gonna Have A Time"- Jittery Jack
6. "Don't Change Your Style"- Furious
7. "Red, Ready Amber"- Polecats
8. "Get Back"- Sugar Thieves
9. "I Want To Be Loved"- Mud Morganfield with Kim Wilson
10. "Geraldine"- Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives
11. "Voodoo Woman"- Planet Rockers
12. "Domino"- Katmen
13. "Hot Rod Rocket"- Pete Anderson & The Swamp Shakers
14. "I'm Just A Man"- Moonshine Reunion
15. "With Your Love, With Your Kiss"- Johnny Powers
16. "Bad Dude's A Surfin'"- Reach Around Rodeo Clowns
17. "Red Devil"- Sixteen & The Sidewinders
18. "Wish You Would"- JD McPherson
Do you have a future request or comments on James' Rockabilly
show here on Rock-it Radio? You can reach him at his new e
mail address at: James@rockitradio.net
COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO
From a undisclosed location due to him cranking the
transmitter to a Million Watts! Cool Bobby B is back
on the Rock-it this week with 3 hours of great Doo Wop
music of the 50s and early 60s. And occasionally even
doo wop today! Let's get started with the playlist.
1. Rockin' with the Clock - Shirley and Lee
2. I'm in Love - Velvet Angels
3. Ready for your love - Shep & Limelites
4. It ain't nothing - Little Isidore & Inquisitors
5. 16 Candles - The Crests
6. Morse code of Love - The Capris
7. Heaven and Paradise - Don Julian & Meadowlarks
8. Another night alone - Janet Deane
9. Love Love Love - The Clovers
10. I'll be faithful - The Dreams
11. Love Call - The Ebonaires
12. Tell Tale Love - The Dolphins
13. Let's get married - The Belvederes
14. I can't pretend - 5 Crowns
15. Joan of Love - The Devilles
16. I believe - The Earls
17. Jelly Belly - Little Isidore & Inquisitors
18. When I'm with you - The Moonglows
19. What's so easy for tow is so hard for One - Mary Wells
20. I do - The Marvelows
21. For your precious Love - Kenny Vance & Planotones
22. I can't believe - Dino & The Diplomats
23. Twilight Time - The Platters
24. Rendezvous with you - Kid Kyle
25. Two People in the world - The Imperials
26. I thank the moon (accapella) - The Crests
27. Maybe - The Chantels
28. Elephant Walk - Donald Jenkins & Deliters
29. Please love me forever - Cathy Jean & Roommates
30. Again - The Universals
31. A 1000 Stars - Kathy Young & Innocents
32. Should I cry - The Concords
33. Would I love you - The Miracles
34. This Old Heart - The Monarchs
35. Sweeetheart, Please Don't go - Cosmo & The Sultans
36. Diamonds and Pearls - The Paradons
37. This is my love - The Passions
38. Sweetest One - The Crests
39. 11th Hour Melody - The Rivieras
40. Moonlight Cocktails - The Rivieras
41. Rainy Day Bells - The Globetrotters
42. Tell me - The Mastertones
43. Two Fools Are We - Don and Juan
44. For your precious Love - Jerry Butler & Impressions
45. Back to School - Jerry Blavat
46. I found my love - Dick and The Halos
47. Wishing Ring - 5 Satins
48. I'll never pass this way again - The Duprees
49. Baby Doll - The Excels
50. Shifting Sands - The Rajahs (Nutmegs)
51. One Question - The Playboys
52. My Heart's desire - The Avalons
53. Heaven Above me - The Jets
54. We went away - Dion & The Belmonts
55. So long friend - Dion
56. Goodnight Baby - The Imaginations
Thanks Cool Bobby B for all you do to keep Doo Wop Group
Harmony Alive! You can write to Cool Bobby B at:
email@example.com and if you do please let him
know you heard him on Rock-it Radio!
And...... Check out his website at:
THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
KEITH BAXTER AND GOOD ROCKIN TONIGHT SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5104
With a great mix of 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll with a sprinkle
Of Rockabilly as well. Here comes Keith Baxter with his show with
A truly great set of oldies. Here is this shows playlist.
Thank you Keith for a great set of oldies for this show! If you have any
Requests or comments or would just like to say hello you can reach him at:
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN'
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5105
"REGIONAL ROUND UP Pt 29 - CANADA Pt 1"
MANITOBA, QUEBEC, ALBERTA, ONTARIO, NOVA SCOTIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, YUKON.
Join me DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for another in my series, "Regional Round Up". This show has the same elements as the rest of the series, but differs in the fact that I have moved out of the States of the USA, and into the Provinces of Canada, featuring, Rock & Roll, Rockabilly, and the regular feature, The Smooch Spot with music from the 1950's and 1960's, with some of the record labels, the towns and cities where those labels were situated and the artists who recorded on them from seven Canadian Provinces. So lets get our snow boots on, our dog teams ready, and head out to Canada for a musical round up.
01. Intro - Medley
02. Party Hop - Bob King (58) RCA-Victor - Montreal - Quebec
03. Gonna Have A Party - Dickie Damron (59) Laurel - Bentley - Alberta
04. Teenage Fool - Hank Turko + Johnny & The Nite-Liters (61) Eagle - Winnipeg - Manitoba
05. Oh Yeah - Tommy Danton & The Echoes (57) Reo - Toronto - Ontario
06. That Bad Apple - Jack Bailey & The Don Perry Orchestra (59) Rodeo - Halifax - Nova Scotia
07. Hopin' And A-Prayin' - Sandy Marino (67) Aragon - Vancouver - British Columbia
08. Private Property - Shirley Matthews (64) Tamarac - Toronto - Ontario
09. Hen House Rock - Keray Regan (?) Banff - Halifax - Nova Scotia
10. Snake Bite (instrumental) - Hank Smith & The Maddisons (61) Maddison - Edmonton - Alberta
11. Ready To Rock - Jim Morrison (58) Artic - Vancouver - British Columbia
12. Little Little Man - The Blue Skyliners (65) Monticana - Montreal - Quebec
13. Green River Blues - Nick Foley & The Rambling Esquires (66) Frontier - Waterloo - Quebec
14. Midnight Sun Rock - Al Oster (60) Tundra - Whitehorse - Yukon
15. Rock With Me Baby - Barry & The Deans (60) Zirkon - Montreal - Quebec
16. Clap Your Hands Once Again - The Beau-Marks (60) Quality - Toronto - Ontario
17. She's A Square - Ray St Germain (60) Chateau - Toronto - Ontario
18. Love Me Like You Can - Ronnie Hawkins (59) Quality - Toronto - Ontario
19. Where Do I Stand With You - Tommy Danton & The Echoes (57) Reo - Toronto - Ontario
20. My Happiness - The Canadian Sweethearts (64) A&M - ? - Canada
21. The Blamers - Les Vogt & The Valentines (60) Sparton - London - Ontario
22. Woman Fever - The Rock-A-Tunes (59) Rock-A-Tune - Edmonton - Alberta
23. Here Comes The Night - Billy Guitar & His Nighthawks (57) Apex - Lachine - Quebec
24. Rock And Roll Show - Bob Davis (63) Click - Montreal - Quebec
25. Love by Numbers - Eddie Clermont (59) Regency - Toronto - Ontario
26. Hot Rod - The Stripes (58) Aragon - Vancouver - British Columbia
27. Goin' Home To Memphis - Barry Boyd & The Frantics (62) Barry - Toronto - Ontario
28. The Big Black Jacket - Marcel St Jean (?) Teen-Age - Granby - Quebec
29. Baby I Don't Care - Buddy Holly (61) Coral - Lachine - Quebec
30. Outro - Medley
If you have any future requests or comments to DJ Spinning Rock Boogie you can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5106
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and
expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos,
California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost
his studios to produce his shows.
But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio.
In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been
shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features
Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock
Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl
from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of
these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the
next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
If you have a recording studio in the Long Beach, California
area perhaps you could make a deal with Steve to where he can
produce these shows once again. Or if you have any comments for
Steve you can contact him at: email@example.com
ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5107
Rockin' Daddy O is back this week with another great segment of the
Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party! Filled with high octane rockin' doo wop from yesterday and today. Here is the playlist of this show and what you will hear when you go to our program page and click the speaker to show #5107!
1. Let's Go-Moonglows
2. I Found A New Baby-Flamingos
3. Rock 'N' Roll Fever-Monitors
4. Don't You Just Know It-Titans
5. And When I'm Near You-Richie & Royals
6. Wizard Of Love-Ly-Dells
7. You Baby You-Excellents
8. Dance Girl-Norman Fox & Rob-Roys
9. I Wonder Why-Dion & The Belmonts
10.Come My Way-Redondos
12.Oo Wee Baby-Ivy Tones
13.People Will say we're In Love-Spaniels
17.The Stars Are Out Tonight-Tear Drops
18.Are You My Girl Friend-Morry Williams & Kids
19.Long Time Alone-Sylvester Stewart
20.Only A Dream-Lee Maye
22.Sweet As An Angel-Jiving Juniors
24.So Long-Fats Domino
Thank you Daddy O for all of your great programs! If you have any future
Requests or comments you can reach him online via e mail here at:
JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5108
From across the Pond in the UK - Jackie Bond is back
with another hour of old and new Rockabilly.
If you love Rockabilly you should definetly catch this
show! By just clicking to the speaker on our program webpage
of show #5108. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. It Ain't Me -Ray Campi
2. Tarzan Boogie - Johnny and The Roccos
3. Don't Go Baby Don't Go - Al Coker
4. Baby Sitting Boogie - Bobby Angelo and The Tuxedos
5. Good Times Gonna Roll Again - Moon Mullican
6. Put Me To Bed - Johnny Bond
7. Your Line Was Busy - Big Bob
8. Flirty Gertie - The Jiv-A-Tones
9. Jump Around - Texabilly Rockets
10. Long Black Train - Hayden Thompson
11. Glad All Over! - Carmen Ghia and The Hot Rods
12. Ice Water - Glenn Barber
13. Keep Your Hands Off Of It - Jerry Lee Lewis
14. Lets Bop - Jack Earls
15. Hot Dog - Mark Keeley's Good Rockin Tonight
16. New Spark - Johnny Powers
17. Ooby Dooby - Roy Orbison
18. Find My Baby For Me - Sonny Burgess
19. Down The Road Apiece - The Refreshments
20. Chills and Fever - Ronnie Love
21. Linda Lee - Warren Storm
22. I'm Coming Home - Cliff Edmunds
23. Good Night My Love -Jesse Belvin
Jackie loves his e mail! So if you would like to write
him with a Rockabilly Request or just to say hello!
You can reach him at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net
DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5109
Dave is back this week with two more hours of
rockin' 60s based shows. If you love 60s rock and
roll you got to tune into this show.
(No Playlist Received for Publication)
(No Playlist Received for Publication)
100'S OF VINTAGE ROCK AND ROLL VIDEOS ON FILE IN
OUR VIDEO SITE AT ROCK-IT RADIO: CHECK IT OUT AT:
COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A
LIKE FROM YOU!
The Rock-it Radio Facebook Site.
HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more --
We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it
Radio. You can find it at:
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2014
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows
for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc.
Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the
1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on
our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation
we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio
show like we offer in our Online store.
OCTOBER END OF THE MONTH WINNERS
ANNOUNCED FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by
purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the
either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
Or by going and ordering Rock-it Radio shows at:
The OCTOBER 2014 Winners this month are:
Dennis Schaffer - Torrington, Wyoming
Douglas George - Los Banos, California
Shannon Neus - Batavia, Ohio
SUPER MEGA WINNER - WINNER OF 10 SHOWS
OF THEIR CHOICE !!!!!!!!
Veronica Traynor - Appleton, Wisconsin
Each of you have won your choice of 3 vintage
Rock Radio programs (The Super Mega winner won 10!)
from our online store at:
or you can order Rock-it Radio Shows if you prefer on CD
You have until
November 30, 2014 to let us write back and let
us know of your choices.
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to
have along with a mailing address and we will got those
items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank you for helping
support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have October drawings
as well at the first week of next month.
NEW T SHIRT DESIGNS ARE RELEASED THIS PAST WEEK
As we reported last week the new Rock-it Radio T shirts have been
Released. 3 New designs by Rock-it Radio's own Jammin' Jan.
Each Rock-it Radio T shirt is only $16.00 each plus shipping. And 100% of
All monies goes to keeping Rock-it Radio Online.
Come check out the latest styles.:
Check Website for updates and availability
CHAT PAGE SCHEDULES ANNOUNCED
A couple of week's ago we mentioned a new Rock-it Radio Chat page
For Rock-it Radio. And now we are about to set some schedules here on Rock-it Radio.
A Rock-it Radio Listener Doug from Canberra Australia, has been wanting to chat with
Other Rock-it Radio listeners and chat about oldies rock and roll.
Here is his schedule he says he can moderate and be online with the following Daily schedule.
Doug from Canberra, Australia here.
I have been trying out the Rock-it Radio Chat page, but feeling a bit lonely there until they get regular chat sessions happening.
Currently I am usually on between :
09:00 am - 12:00 pm East Coast Australia
10:00 am - 01:00 am London Time
18:00 pm - 21:00 pm New York Time
Hope to chat with a few other Rock-it Radio listeners.
It is still in beta, but let's break it in
Also, Bennie Dingo along with Debbie Snowdove stated we will attempt
To be on this new chat page from the following schedule on Mondays.
7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. East Coast Australia
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. East Coast USA
4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. West Coast USA
11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. in London.
|COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA|
What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans.
Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
THREE NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD!
It has been over a year since we have put on a new broadcast in the Rock-it Radio Radio
Launching Pad. Where we sell those vintage rock and roll radio shows from the 50s to the 70s. Here is our latest releases this week with more to come at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
2. RIR #634 - Mad Daddy Pete Myers from July 1964 over WINS 1010 AM in
New York City.
3. RIR #635 - Rosko Mercer Pt. 1 over KDIA Oakland, Calif. From 12/28/1963
We do have 100s of vintage rock radio shows from remastered onto Compact Disc you can see the listing in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
|ROCK-IT RADIO STARTS NEW CHAT PAGE TO LISTEN|
TO ROCK-IT RADIO AND CHAT WITH DJ'S AND OTHER
Last week we rebuilt our old chat webpage for
Rock-it Radio. We will have set schedules hopefully
soon. But until then you never know who might be
out there! Come check it out at:
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the
popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a
search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that
I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Rock-it Radio listed.
Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at:
SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING HAS
We are happy to report that our sister station First Nations Broadcasting run
And operated by our own Debbie Snowdove has been updated. With new links
And news. You can check it out here at:
ROCK-IT RADIO RE EXTENDS IT'S ARCHIVED SHOWS
BACK TO 30!
We have cut back on our advertising budget for Rock-it Radio and
Was squeezed but have been able to extend our program page back
To the latest 30 shows on the program webpage. Last month we had
To cut back to 25 shows to be able to pay our bills here, but this month
We are happy to report we are back up to 30 of our latest shows in our
Program webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 13 November, 2014
This week in our archives page at:
Jack Scott from 1959 on the Beechnut show hosted by Dick Clark
with his big hit on Top Rank Records - What in the World Come over you?
listed in our Video webpage at:
|MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??|
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PAGE...
Remember you can check out all the Rock-it Radio DJ's
and read the bios of these DJ's that make these
Rock-it Radio Shows possible at:
And don't forget for even more pictures --
there is our picture page at:
REMEMBERING OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO IN THE
UNITED KINGDOM IN THE 60S.
You can pretty safely debate that offshore pirate radio
brought Rock and Roll to Great Britain in the 60s. Prior
to that, The only radio outlet in the UK was the BBC. And
only had a few hours a week of programming dedicated to the
music the British youth were yearning for. So, along came
Offshore broadcasting. Basically refitted cargo ships into
a floating radio station - anchored just off the coast in
International waters. Probably the most famous being
Radio Caroline (named after Caroline Kennedy (JFK's daughter)).
These stations played the Rock and Roll of the day.
Rock-it Radio has a website dedicated to the Offshore Radio
IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our
updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start
scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from November 2, 2014 to
November 13, 2014.
We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides.
Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always
welcome and you can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WELCOME ABOARD TO:
in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at:
And 66 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of
426 !!! new members to the Rock-it Radio
Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have
77,574exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music
of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this
music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please
share the information of this station. And if you have
a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio
link on your page.
There are a few to choose from in our link page at:
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only
$9.50 U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at
the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order
one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail.
Instructions where to send payment is at our webpage:
If you are a member of paypal (http://www.paypal.com) you can e mail directly
and let me know via e mail (email@example.com) what shows you would
like we can send you a paypal invoice within 24 hours.
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you
help keep these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
And at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but actually
some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at Rock-it Radio.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage on collecting airchecks
or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you would like to check it out the
website address is:
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
1. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show
2. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974
3. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960
4. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967
5. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram WABC New York 7/22/1967
6. RIR #567 -- Kenny & Cash Show Capital Radio London w/ Paul & Linda McCarthy 1973
7. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960
8. RIR #359 - Gus Gossert's Oldies show WPIX New York Feb. 1971
9. RIR #267 - Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg WMEX Boston 12/12/196510. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
or in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html(listed by date)
and in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name
or Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is what keeps
Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys these!
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
WEEK ENDING 11/12/2014
We are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 209 Countries that
tune us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far
this month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
For Week ending 11/12/2014
1. United States +0
2. United Kingdom +0
3. Canada +0
4. Brazil +0
5. France +0
6. Germany +0
7. Netherlands +1
8. Hungary -1
9. Spain +0
10. Australia +0
11. Ireland +0
12. Sweden +1
13. Japan -1
14. Russia +0
15. Philippines +0
16. Belgium +0
17. Austria +7
18. Croatia +1
19. Switzerland +1
20. Mexico -3
21. Norway +0
22. Italy -4
23. Finland -1
24. South Africa -1
25. Slovakia +1
26. Saudi Arabia +6
27. Romania +3
28. Greece +1
29. Argentina -4
30. Serbia +1
31. Reunion -4
32. Indonesia +3
33. New Zealand -7
34. Singapore +2
35. Poland -2
36. Estonia +1
37. Hong Kong +13
38. United Arab Emirates +0
39. Venezuela +0
40. Israel +4
41. Czech Republic +6
42. Ecuador -1
43. Thailand -10
44. Malaysia -3
45. Puerto Rico -5
46. Portugal -2
47. Chile +2
48. Bulgaria -4
49. Uruguay +3
50. Egypt +11
U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0
2. Oregon +0
3. Pennsylvania +1
4. Florida -1
5. New York +0
6. Texas +1
7. Ohio -1
8. New Jersey +0
9. Illinois +1
10. Washington +1
11. Massachusetts +1
12. North Carolina -3
13. Virginia +1
14. Michigan -1
15. Wisconsin +1
16. Maryland +2
17. Missouri -1
18. Arizona +2
19. Georgia -4
20. Tennessee -1
21. Colorado +0
22. Kentucky +1
23. Connecticut +1
24. Indiana -2
25. Kansas +3
26. Alabama -4
27. Nevada -1
28. South Carolina -1
29. Oklahoma +0
30. Idaho +0
31. Iowa +1
32. Delaware +2
33. Rhode Island +0
34. West Virginia +3
35. Arkansas -3
36. Louisiana +2
37. Minnesota -2
38. Utah +1
39. Nebraska +2
40. Montana +3
41. Mississippi -2
42. New Mexico -6
43. Wyoming -1
44. Maine +2
45. District of Columbia +0
46. New Hampshire -2
47. Vermont +0
48. North Dakota +0
49. South Dakota +0
50. Alaska +0
51. Hawaii +0
you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further
Come tune into the World on your computer!
1000s of stations around the world now broadcast online. We have a
link to some of the internet top directories to help you find these stations.