Hi Rock-it Radio Listeners,
As we are finally winding down summer here the
Hot days are winding down where it is no longer
in the 100 degree range inside the studio!
We are quickly approaching our 6000th show of
Rock-it Radio - Quite an accomplishment that all
the DJs here should be proud of!
It's much nicer when it is in the 80s outside.
Lots of news in this newsletter including don't
forget to vote in the 19th annual East vs. West
Oldies Show in show #5977 in our program page.
We have a list of prizes for the drawings that
will hopefully peak some interest to all our listeners.
Details right after this newsletter playlists.
We have lost a good friend last week and one of
the original Rockabillys Sonny Burgess. And much
more news below so let's get started with the
playlists for shows #5978 to #5992.
So, Let's get started with some playlists!
Our shows can be heard in our archives page at:
and click to the speaker on the left to hear the show.
Remember if you are new to Internet Radio and having trouble tuning in though --
Check out our webpage to help you out at:
REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To
be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time.
For complete information check out our program
ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio
quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we
can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like
to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are
broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker
at our program page at:
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a
show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as
|WE COULD REALLY !!! USE YOUR SUPPORT|
Rock-it Radio is 100% Publicly supported. But when you
donate to the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad - we give you
a vintage broadcast of your choice.
100% of all sales from the Rock-it Radio Store (Launching
Pad) goes back to pay copyright fees, LLC taxes, Internet
and bandwidth costs of Rock-it Radio. Without your support
we would not exist. So. please consider a purchase at:
NOTE: ALL SHOWS BELOW CAN BE FOUND IN OUR
PROGRAM WEBPAGE -
TO TUNE IN CLICK TO SPEAKER OF THE SHOW YOU WANT
TO LISTEN TO. EITHER MP3 OR REAL PLAYER.
BOTH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED.
MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH
PT. 2 OF THE MUSIC OF LAVERN BAKER SHOW #5978
This week, the "Juke In The Back" looks at how one of
R&B's greatest voices, LaVern Baker, got her start.
It's part two of a two part feature on the early career of
LaVern Baker. In part two, we'll dig on Baker's prime recording
years of 1954-56. She had 4 charting records in '55,
beginning with the crossover smash, "Tweedlee Dee," which stayed
popular for over a year, hitting #4 R&B and crossing over to #14 Pop.
In 1956, she scored 5 charters, ending the year with the release of
the #1 classic, "Jim Dandy." She also headlinned the Apollo and
was featured in the Alan Freed film, "Rock! Rock! Rock!" starring
Tuesday Weld. LaVern Baker's career began in Rhythm & Blues, but
she ended up becoming one of Rock n' Roll's first female superstars.
Matt The Cat spins all of her records from the end of 1954 to the end of
1956, her most popular period on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947
2. Tweedlee Dee - Lavern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1954
3. Tomorrow Night - Lavern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1954
4. Bop-Ting-A-Ling - Lavern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1955
5. That's All I Need - Lavern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1955
6. Play It Fair - LaVern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1955
7. You Better Stop - Lavern Baker - Atlantic 1954 (1962 LP release)
8. That Lucky Old Sun - LaVern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1955
9. My Happiness Forever - LaVern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1956
10. Fee Fee Fi Fo Fum - LaVern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1956
11. I'll Do The Same For You - LaVern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1956
12. I Can't Love You Enough - LaVern Baker - Atlantic 1956
13. GREAT 78 - Get Up Get Up ( You Sleepy Head) - LaVern Baker w/ The Gliders and Orch - Atlantic 1956
14. Still - LaVern Baker - Atlantic 1956
15. Jim Dandy - LaVern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1956
16. Tra La La - LaVern Baker w/ The Gliders & Orch - Atlantic 1956
17. Tweedlee Dee - Lavern Baker - LIVE on Alan Freed's Rock n' Roll Dance Party Show - 1956
18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
BILLY VERA'S ROCK AND ROLL PARTY ON ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOW #5979 THIS WEEK - BILLY'S FAVES
The only theme was records I've loved over the years, many
of them since I was in my early teens. Every one is still on
my fave list. There are some, lik Lula Reed, the Swallows,
Annie Laurie and Jimmy Liggins, who didn't become favorites
until I was older, as their heyday was before I started
listening to music.
Some of the songs were ones my friends and I would doo-wop to,
like "I'm So Happy," "Zoom Zoom Zoom," "Little Girl Of Mine" and
"Stormy Weather." We'd try to sing those in the boys' room at school,
to get the echo. Still others, like "These Foolish Things," "My Friends"
and "Golden Teardrops," I only discovered at Times Square Records
in the subway. Roy Brown, Big Maybelle and Little Esther won me over,
only after both I and my taste began to mature. I think you'll love
this show as much as I did putting it together.
1. I'm So Happy (Tra La La) - Lewis Lymon & The Teenchords
2. These Foolish Things (Alternate Take) - The Dominoes (feat. Clyde McPhatter)
3. Getting' High - The Flairs
4. Drown In My Own Tears - Lula Reed with Sonny Thompson Orch.
5. It Went Down Easy - Melvin Smith
6. Anna Maria - Marvin Phillips
7. Monkey Hips & Rice - The "5" Royales
8. Trust Me - The Swallows
9. Zoom Zoom Zoom - The Collegians
10. I'll Never Be Free - Paul Gayten & Annie Laurie
11. Drunk - Jimmy Liggins
12. My Friends - The Strangers
13. I'll Be Forever Loving You - The El Dorados
14. Love Will Make Your Mind Go Wild - The Penguins
15. Better Beware - Little Esther
16. I Was Wrong - The Moonglows
17. All Night Long - The DuMauriers
18. Why Do You Cry - The Charts
19. Hurry Hurry Baby - Roy Brown
20. Newlywed - The Orchids
21. Jo Jo - The Dells
22. Feeling The Need - Annie Laurie
23. Lost Mind - Percy Mayfield
24. Your Promise To Be Mine - The Drifters
25. Little Girl of Mine - The Cleftones
26. Girl In My Dreams - The Cliques
27. ABC's of Love - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers
28. Mean To Me - Big Maybelle
29. I Feel Good - Shirley & Lee
30. Please Let Me Love You - The Jesters
31. Stormy Weather - The Spaniels
32. Crazy For You - The Heartbeats
33. Dream Girl - Jesse Belvin
34. Golden Teardrops - The Flamingos
35. All Night Long - Joe Houston
KEN STRANGE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW VIA
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5980
Join DJ Ken Strange for another Country Record Round Up with
traditional country music from right across the board from
the 40's to the 00's including the regular
feature, Duos & Duets.
01. Intro - Medley
02. Gettin' Over You Again - Dale McBride (76) Con Brio
03. Don't Tell Me Your Troubles - Don Gibson (59) RCA-Victor
04. If It Don't Come Easy - Tanya Tucker (88) Capitol
05. Tennessee - Glen Campbell (84) Atlantic
06. Cruisin' For A Bruisin' - Gene Davis (56) King
07. A Cowboy's Sweetheart - Rosallie Allen (46) RCA-Victor
08. Philadelphia Lawyer - Rose Maddox (60) Capitol
09. Look What Thoughts Will Do - Lefty Frizzell (51) Columbia
10. Guitar Town - Emmylou Harris & The Nash Ramblers (92) Live Recording
11. The Last Time - The Hacienda Brothers (06) Proper American
12. Pour Me - Trick Pony (00) Warner
13. Wabash Cannonball - Connie Francis & Hank Williams Jnr (64) MGM
14. Rockin' Years - Dolly Parton & Ricky Van Shelton (91) Columbia
15. I've Got Five Dollars And It's Saturday Night - George Jones & Gene Pitney (65) Musicor
16. Mason Dixon Lines - Waylon Jennings & Mel Tillis (83) RCA-Victor
17. I Still Miss Someone - Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs (65) Columbia
18. A Lighter Shade Of Blue - Tammy Wynette (73) CBS
19. The Old Iron Trail - Boxcar Willie (76) Gem
20. I Cheated On A Good Woman's Love - Billy Craddock (78) Capitol
21. Crazy Dreams - Patsy Cline (60) Decca
22. It's In The Cards - Al Bennett & The Country Travelers (55) Music City
23. You Mean Everything - Alvin Kesner (68) Seneca
24. You Took - Bill Henderson (67) Flag
25. Dear Abby - Carl Perkins (67) Dollie
26. Mean Mean Mama - Charlie Brown (55) Rose
27. Forgive Me - Clyde Moody (52) King
28. Pop From The Top - Pirates Of The Mississippi (93) Liberty
29. Outro - Medley
ROCKIN DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5981
The Rockin' Daddy O is back with his Rockabilly show
that only Daddy O can deliver! Now online and on demand
as show #5981 in our program page! Here is the playlist
of the show!
1. Tornado-The Jiants
2. Jefferie's Rock-The Intruders
3. Hot Rod-Ray Allen
4. Bad Bad Girl-Bloodshot Bill
5. Mondo-Junior & The Mondos
6. Tell Me-Little Leslie & The Bloodshots
7. Big Time Mama-The Wild Goners
8. Gotta Move-Santos
9. Gotta Lotta That-Gene Summers
10. WigWam Willie-Carl Phillips
11. Set Me Free-Bill Morrison
12. Buzz Saw-The Gee Cees
13. Completely Sweet-Levi Dexter
14. Savage Stomp-Screamin' Rebel Angels
15. Big City Blues-Darrell Higham & Jittery Jack
16. B-I-Bickey-Bi, Bo Bo Go-Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps
17. Rock Pretty Mama-Billy Adams & The Rock & Roll Boys
18. Moving Too Slow-Leigh Howell & The Uniques
19. I Can't Lose-Sonny Fisher
20. I Make The Love-Ronnie Dee
This show along with all Rock-it Radio shows
are available on CD or Flashdrive check out
our websites -- http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO
From a undisclosed location Cool Bobby B is back
with another 3 hours of programming for us here
at Rock-it Radio! Great Doo Wop Rock and Roll from
the first decade of Rock and Roll now on demand
as show #5941 here at Rock-it Radio. Here is
the playlist of the show.
1. Rockin' with the clock - Shirley and Lee
2. Never let you go - 5 Discs
3. Oh Rose Marie - The Fascinators
4. A casual look - Six Teens
5. Stranded in the jungle - the Cadets
6. When you wish upon a star - Dion & Belmonts
7. Wonderful Girl - Dion & Belmonts
8. All of my life - the Metros
9. Shirley - The Rainbows
10. Great Junior Catfish - Ray Pollard & Wanderers
11. Gone - Frankie Ford
12. Long Lonely nights - Lee Andrews & Hearts
13. Look in my eyes - The Chantels
14. Sunday kind of love - The Harptones
15. Shy one - Shirley Ellis
16. Some kind of wonderful - Kenny Vance & Planotones
17. Gloria - Vito & Salutations
18. Bring Back - Van Dellos
19. If your heart says yes - the Serenaders
20. Welcome me back home - The Belmonts
21. Its so hard to say goodbye to yesterday - The Echelons
22. Gee how I wish you were here - Curtis Lee
23. Take me as I am - The Demensions
24. I was such a fool - The Flamingos
25. your other Love - The Flamingos
26. Love walked in - The Flamingos
27. Sunday kind of love - Del Vikings
28. Sandy - Dion
29. Triangle - Janie Grant
30. I'll take you where the music's playing - The Driters
31. You gave me someone to love - The Dreamlovers
32. Dum Dum De Dip - Judy & The Affections
33. I need your love - Donna Lin & Royals
34. Shangrila - The Parakeets
35. Magic love - Larry Da Silvi
36. Because of you - The Dreamers
37. Whispering Sorrow - The Nutmegs
38. Since i don't have you - The Skyliners
39. 11th hour melody - The Rivieras
40. Moonlight Serenade - The Rivieras
41. Whadaya want? - The Robins
42. Who can explain - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
43. Just room for two - Cool Breezers
44. You broke my heart - The kidds
45. You make me happy - The Dodgers
46. I want you to be my baby - Billie Davis
47. Forever and ever - C Notes
48. Stormy Weather - Magnificent Men
49. Jo Ann - The Playmates
50. I'm a happy man - Jive Five
51. Last night I dreamed - The Fiestas
52. Congratulations - The Turbans
53. Sister Sookie - The Turbans
54. Rocket Ride - Johnny Greco
55. Ding Ding Dong - Jive Tones
56. Tell Him - Patti Drew
57. Goodnight Baby - The Imaginations
PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW WITH
ON ROCK-IT RADIO #5983
Pete is one of our veteran DJs here on the Rock-it
and his Doo Wop collection is quite extensive!
If you love Doo Wop Rock and Roll but in search
of more of the obscurities along with the standards
this show just might be for you.
Unfortunately we don't have a playlist for this
show this week for Pete's show but guaranteed it
is with some great fantastic Doo Wop.
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN AND GROOVIN
SHOW FEATURING WORLDWIDE RARITIES ON SHOW #5984
FEATURING REGIONAL HITS FROM NEW YORK CITY Pt. 3
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for another show that features record
labels out of New York City along with the artists who recorded on them.
Not all of the tracks were recorded in New York City, as some were
recorded for small independent labels that were picked up by the
majors. Some of the artists also recorded the same songs for other
out-of-state labels, but for the purpose of this series,
all of the tracks featured were on New York City based labels,
including, Bop, Boogie, Jive, Stroll, and
the regular feature of the "Smooch Spot" from the 50's and 60's.
01. Intro - Medley
02. Loco Weed - Mel Tillis (60) Columbia
03. So Tired - The Chavis Brothers (60) Clock
04. Naughty Naughty Baby - Vinnie Monte (58) Fargo
05. Have Today And Give Tomorrow Love - Janis Martin (60) Palette
06. Crazy Little Woman - The Three D's (58) Paris
07. Pretty Little Girl - The Monarchs (56) Neil
08. Gonna Send You Back To Georgia - Timmy Shaw & The Stemphones (64) Wand
09. Gypsy Boogie - The Teen Tones (59) Wynne
10. Well Honey - Gene Bua (58) Safari
11. I Thought I Told You Not To Tell Them - Marie Knight (58) Baton
12. Bop Boy - Bill Hayes (58) ABC-Paramount
13. In Deed I Do - Vince Maloy (57) Angeltone
14. Moments To Remember - The Romeros (57) Atco
15. Fool Fool Fool - The Clovers (51) Atlantic
16. You Are My Special Angel - Bobby Helms (57) Decca
17. Teenage Quarrel - Jet Powers (P.J.Proby) (58) Design
18. Pink Cadillac And A Red Headed Girl - Donnie Huffman (62) Taurus
19. Early In The Morning - Don Bach (61) Top Rank International
20. My Little Skipper-oo - Randy & Sandy (58) Tin Pan Alley
21. Sapphire - Big Danny Oliver (58) Trend
22. Glory Wave - Jackie De Shannon (63) 20th Century Fox
23. On Revival Day - LaVern Baker (58) Atlantic
24. I Know You Don't Love Me No More - Barbara George (62) AFO
25. It's Me Knockin' - Jeanie & Her Boyfriends (59) Warwick
26. Tonight And Forever - The Whirlers (57) Whirlin' Disc
27. Nursery Rhymes - The Gems (58) Win
28. Everybody Gotta Little Girl But Me - Jimmy Isle (63) Mala
29. Tomahawk (instrumental) - Tom Brown & The Tom Toms (60) Jaro International
30. Rock And Roll - LaVern Ray & Arlene Tally (50) Jubilee
31. Outro - Medley
BILL GREEN & THE ROCK AND ROLL RETROSPECTIVE WITH
PT. 4 OF ROCK'S DANCE SONGS ON SHOW #5985
Bill Green, host of Rock 'n Roll Retrospective, presents the
fourth and final installment of his dance song special.
The selections cover the mid sixties into the early seventies.
So why are you just sitting there? Put on your dancin' shoes
and get rockin' here on the Rock-it.
1) Dance, Dance, Dance - The Beach Boys (1964)
2) Let's Turkey Trot - Little Eva (1963)
3) The Bird Is The Word - The Rivingtons (1963)
4) Surfin' Bird - The Trashmen (1963)
5) Do The Bird - Dee Dee Sharp (1963)
6) Dance The Frug - The Dovells (1963)
7) Harlem Shuffle - Bob and Earl (1964)
8) C'mon And Swim - Bobby Freeman (1964)
9) The Jerk - The Larks (64/65)
10) The 81 - Candy And The Kisses (64/65)
11) Shake - Sam Cooke (1965)
12) Twine Time - Alvin Cash & The Crawlers (1965)
13) Jerk And Twine - Jackie Ross (1965)
14) Do The Freddie - Freddie And The Dreamers (1965)
15) Do The Clam - Elvis Presley (1965)
16) The Duck - Jackie Lee (65/66)
17) Baby Do The Philly Dog - The Olympics
18) Soul Dance Number Three - Wilson Pickett (1967)
19) Boogaloo Down Broadway - Fantastic Johnny C (1967)
20) Pata Pata - Miriam Mekeba (1967)
21) Tighten Up - Archie Bell & The Drells
22) There Was A Time - James Brown (1968)
23) Soul Limbo - Booker T And The MGs (1968)
24) Do The Funky Chicken - Rufus Thomas (1970)
JAMMIN JAMES RILEY WITH 3 HOURS OF THE ROCKABILLY AND
BLUES RADIO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5986
With great Rockabilly and Blues style music along with
great interviews it's James Rileys Rockabilly and Blues
Radio show - this week featuring 3 Rockin' hours here
on Rock-it Radio.
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #1
Duane Eddy talks about Elvis later in the show
1. Gone, Gone, Gone- The Everly Brothers
2. The House Is Rockin'- Brian Setzer Orchestra
3. Intro/That's All Right- Elvis Presley (from Louisiana Hayride)
4. Burning Love- Elvis Presley (live in Dallas 1975)
5. Viva Las Vegas- Dale Watson
6. I Will- The Country Side Of Harmonica Sam
7. Rattlesnake Daddy- Jumpin' Bill Carlisle
8. Honky Tonk Gal- Carl Perkins
9. Blistered- Johnny Cash
10. Sparkling Brown Eyes- George Jones
11. Fancy Dan- Darrel Higham
12. I Told A Lie- Hayden Thompson
13. Love Me- Ed Cavin & The Blue Kings
14. Woo Hoo Holly Hop- Greg Townson
15. Echosonic Eldorado- Deke Dickerson
16. An American Trilogy- Elvis Presley & The London Philharmonic Orchestra
17. Jailhouse Rock- Dion
18. Waitin' In School- Ricky Nelson
Rockabilly N Blues Hour #2
1. Wildfire- Lance Lipinsky & The Lovers
2. Fool Me Again- Hayden Thompson
3. The River Turned To Steam- The Kokomo Kings
4. Color Me Lucky- Jack Rabbit Slim
5. Casting My Spell- Blue Cats
6. Truck Drivin' Daddy- The Don Diego Trio
7. Have Wheels Gotta Roll- Sonny George
8. Good Luck N Good Truckin' Tonite- Dale Watson
9. The Man Comes Around- James Wilsey
10. Heart Of The City- Los Straitjackets
11. House Party- The Cash Box Kings
12. It Feels So Right- Elvis Presley
13. Junior's In Love- Cherry Divine
14. Sparkin'- Deke Dickerson & The Ecco-Fonics
15. That's Alright Mama/ Blue Moon- Lee Rocker
16. Born To Lose, Live To Win- Headcat
17. Red Hot- The Cast Of Sun Records
18. Red Cadillac & A Black Moustache- John Paul Keith
Rockabilly N Blues Hour #3
Elvis tunes and covers
1. Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do- Elvis Presley
2. Way Down- Darrel Higham
3. Just Because- Brian Setzer
4. Like A Baby- Wanda Jackson
5. Jailhouse Rock- Conway Twitty
6. A Mess Of Blues- Elvis Presley
7. Little Sister- Nathan Belt & The Buckles
8. Baby Let's Play House- Levi Dexter & Magic
9. Mean Woman Blues- Scotty Moore
10. I Want To Be Free- Robert Gordon & Link Wray
11. See See Rider- Elvis Presley
12. Return To Sender- Dale Watson & His Lonestars
13. That's All Right- Jake Calypso
14. Big Hunk Of Love- Billy Burnette
15. Don't Be Cruel- Marty Stuart
16. Blue Suede Shoes- Cliff Richard & Elvis Presley
17. Love Me- Chris Isaak
18. My Baby Left Me- Creedence Clearwater Revival
19. Loving You- Elvis Presley
THE ROCKIN' MAILMAN - GARY K AND THE VINTAGE VINYL
TREASURE CHEST ON ROCK-IT RADIO #5987
The Rockin' Mailman Gary K is back this week with
an excellent selections of some Moonlight Cruisin'
Music -- Here is the playlist of what you will hear
when you click to show #5987 in our program page
1 Send Me a Letter Jimmy Elledge 1961
2 Blue Velvet Paragons 1960
3 Cruise to the Moon Chaperones 1960
4 Cry Baby Cry Angels 1962
5 Is There Any Chance Marty Robbins 1960
6 Are You Sincere? Elvis 1979
7 Teardrop Santo/Johnny 1959
8 A Teenager in Love Dion/Belmonts 1959
9 Tonight's the Night Chiffons 1960
10 This is the Night Valiants 1958
11 That's What Girls are Made For Spinners 1961
12 Love Me Fats Domino 1964
13 Someday You'll Want Me to Want You - Brenda Lee 1962
14 The Plea Chantels 1957
15 Unchained Melody Al Hibbler 1955
16 At Night Flamingos 1960
17 Sincerely Moonglows 1955
18 There's A Moon Out Tonight Capris 1961
19 Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello Elvis 1962
20 I Just Want to Love You Clyde McPhatter 1960
21 On My Word of Honor Platters 1957
22 Two Fools are We Don & Juan 1962
23 Since I Lost My Baby Temptations 1965
24 Lovers Gotta Cry Flamingos 1960
25 Guilty Crests 1962
** Gary writes if you enjoy his shows please let him know would love
to hear from you - you can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
JAMMIN JAMES RILEY AND tHE CATCH A WAVE SURF ROCK
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5988
Time to kick off that board and run up to the beach
with your favorite guy or gal and tune in on your
solid state Hi Fi Radio for another 3 hour segment
of Catch A Wave Surf Rock Show! We don't have the
playlist to this set but it's great Surf Rock n Roll
worth tuning into!
Catching A Wave Hour #1
1. Surf Or Die- Hawaii Samurai
2. Bombora (new version)- The Atlantics
3. Finless Slide- The Mentawais
4. Earthy- The Tornados
5. Surfrider- Truly Lover Trio
6. Goofy Foot- Jimmie Haskell
7. Beach Boys Medley- Glen Campbell
8. Pier Pressure- Teisco Del Ray
9. Those Memories Of You- Dick Dale
10. You Bring The Summer- The Monkees
11. All Summer Long- The Beach Boys
12. Summertime Here We Come- The Hi-Risers
13. Summertime Blues- Marco Di Maggio
14. Here Comes Summer- Cliff Richard & The Shadows
15. High School Days- Brian Stacy (T.G. Sheppard)
16. New Girl In School- Jan & Dean
17. Surf Oddity- Bang Mustang
18. Super Surf Psycho- Hep Cat Boo Daddies
Catching a Wave Hour #2
1. The Apes Of Wrath- The Space Cossacks
2. Big Surf- The Sentinals
3. Goin' On- The Beach Boys
4. Shootin' The Pier- The Lively Ones
5. Beach Party- Annette
6. Harem Nocturne- Satan's Pilgrims
7. Rock A Hula Baby- Paul Pigat
8. Mar Solitar- The Paladins
9. Surf Jam- David Marks & The A-Phonics
10. Moment Of Truth- Dave Myers & The Surftones
11. Heart Of The City- Los Straitjackets
12. What Now My Love- The Fabulous Plank-Tones
13. Get Set- Randell Kirsch
14. Little Do They Know- Papa Doo Run Run with Randell Kirsch
15. God Only Knows- Randell Kirsch
16. Brian Wilson- Brian Wilson
17. Brian Wilson- Barenaked Ladies
18. Castle Island Dream- The Fathoms
19. Lolly Girl- Los Drigos
Catching A Wave Hour #3
1. Splashback- Die Space Hobos
2. The Switch- The Ventures
3. Hawaii- The Beach Boys
4. That Something- The Margraves
5. Apache- Chris Casello Trio
6. The Gurch- Black Flamingos
7. Green Onions- Bruce Johnston
8. Clean Up On Isle #9- Man Or Astro-Man
9. Highway Surfer- The Fender IV
10. Shock Wave- The El Caminos
11. Be True To Your School- The Neanderthals
12. Surfin' USA- The Astronauts
13. God Only Knows- Dave Edmunds
14. Surfer Girl- Dave Alvin
15. I Get Around- Red Hot Chili Peppers
16. Wipe Out- The Surfaris
17. I Gotta Drive- Jan & Dean
18. Black Phantom Twang- The Kilaueas
19. Tragic Wind- The Chantays
GLEN GORDON'S MUSICAL WEB OLDIES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5989
This Time around on the Musical Web, Glen Gordon features songs
about people knocking on things. Mostly doors, but some knocking
on hearts as well.
It's a cross section of the genres regularly featured on the Rockit.
01. Who's That Knocking - Genies
02. Let Me in There Baby - Billy Strange
03. I'm Knocking On The Door - Tony Allen & Maggie Jacquet
04. Open Up That Door - Nappy Brown
05. Open The Door, Richard - Ernie Barton
06. Keep a-Knockin' - Milton Brown & his Musical Brownies
07. Keep A Knockin' - Little Richard
08. I'm gonna knock on your door - Eddie Hodges
09. Stop Knockin' - Juanita Nixon
10. Don't Knock Upon My Door - Billy Fury
11. Don't Knock On My Door - Canadian Sweethearts
12. Knock! Knock! (Who's There ?) - Orlons
13. Knock Knock, Who's There - Deb Tones
14. Rockin' and A-Knockin' - Gayle Griffith
15. Knocking On The Backside - Teddy Redell
16. Opportunity - Jewels
17. A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Everyday) - Martha & The Vandellas
18. Open The Door To Your Heart - Darrell Banks
19. I Hear You Knocking - Smiley Lewis
20. No Use Knocking - Bobby Charles
21. Let Me In - Richard Moreland
22. Knock Knock Rattle - Rex Allen
23. Open The Door (I Forgot The Key) - Royal Teens
24. Knocking at Your Door - Curtis Bunyard & the No-Names
25. The Right Key But The Wrong Keyhole - Hardrock Gunter
26. Take The Key And Open Up My Heart - Richard Berry
27. Give Me The Key To Your Heart - Robert & Johnny
28. Open the Door - Little "Joe Tex" Booker
29. Don't Come Knockin' - Fats Domino
30. Stop, You're Knocking - Earl Scott
FROM BENDIGO, AUSTRALIA! IT'S TREVOR HYLAND'S
ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ROCKABILLY WITH HIS 100TH
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO! IN SHOW #5990
Congratulations to Trevor as he celebrates his 100th
show on Rock-it Radio! This show features the music
and influence of Rockabilly icon Art Adams. Thank you
Trevor for all your work and dedication to bringing
excellent music to Rock-it. And here is the playlist.
1. Let's Have A Party - Art Adams
2. Art AdamsÂ - Boyhood
3. Danny Boy - Art Adams
4. Art Adams - Country Influences.
5. There 'll Be No Teardrops Tonight - Art Adams.
6. Art Adams - Sun Studios visit.
7. Down In Tennessee - Art Adams
8. She's From Tennessee- Art Adams
9. Art Adams - Cherry Records demos.
10. Dancing Doll- Art Adams
11. Rock Crazy Baby- Art Adams
12. Indian Joe- Art Adams
13. Art Adams TheÂ Epics
14. Haunted House -Gene Simmons.
15. Art Adams - Epic Don Ho.
16. Hello Josephine- Art Adams
17. Promised Land- Art Adams
18. Art Adams - Copyright.
19. Rockin' My Way Around - Art Adams
20. Art Adams - Mess Of Blues CD
21. Mess Of Blues - Art Adams
22. Mystery Train- Art Adams
23. Art Adams - Festivals & Cds
24. Art Adams - Birth of Rock & Roll chat
25. Birth of Rock & Roll- Art Adams
26. Art Adams - Juke Joint Johnny chat
27. Juke Joint Johnny - Art Adams
28. Dancing Doll - Art Adams
29. Art Adams Local TV interview
30. She Don't Live Here No More - Art Adams
AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A PT. 3 TRIBUTE TO SOUND STAGE 7
RECORDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5991
This show is the conclusion of my three part look at the great
Soul Music and R&B that came out of Nashville Tennessee back
in the 1960's and 70's under the imprint of Sound Stage 7 Records
and Seventy Seven Records. The reason for the excellence of this
music is directly attributable to famous D.J. John Richbourg who
worked at WLAC out of Nashville Tennessee from 1942 until 1973.
His contribution to Soul Music specifically and his impact on the
development of Rock and Roll in general are discussed throughout.
If you would like to catch a show of John R on WLAC we have 3 listed
in our Rock-it Radio Store from back in the early 70s as well, in
the Tennessee Listings.
As well great Soul music from the above mentioned labels is played.
The Play List is as follows:
1. I Can't Be Your Part Time Baby-Gwen Davis 1966
2. Mellow Fellow-Fenton Robinson 1971
3. Easy Goin' Fellow-Billy Mills 1972
4. I'll Find My Sunshine-Moody Scott 1970
5. Just Because The Package Has Been Unwrapped-Alder Ray Black-1972
6. Judge Of Hearts-Willie Hobbs 1974
7. Your Heart Is Cold-Geater Davis 1973
8. I Can't Face It-Earl Gaines 1973
9. Hey Girl-Jackie Beavers 1969
10. I Don't Care About Your Past-Ella Washington 1971
11. Sad Memories-Billy Mills 1972
12. This Is Not Your World-The Tears Of Joy 1974
13. (I Got) Your Mama's Recipe-Margie Hendrix 1968
14. I Know I'm Gonna Miss You-Lattimore Brown 1966
15. The Sky Is Crying-Fenton Robinson 1970
16. What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)-The Electrifying Cashmeres 1971
17. Too Weak To Fight-Ella Washington 1972
18. Where Did I Go Wrong-Willie Hobbs 1972
19. It's All Over-Sam Baker 1969
20. John R. retires..1973..(Air Check)
21. Mojo Blues-John R. 1965
JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #5992
The Rockin' Windmill is still turning like 45's on a pick-up.
The music in this show originates from New Zealand,
Germany, Belgium, The UK, The USA, The Netherlands and
Sweden. So, just turn up the volume, find your blue suede
shoes and petticoats and enjoy this Rocking Windmill show.
1. Let's elope baby - Janis Martin - 1957
2. It's too bad - Little Rock Combo - 1989
3. Knock on wood - Larry Finnegan - 1962
4. Jambalaya - Clark Richard - 1962
5. Betty Ann - The Cruisers - 1958
6. Higher - The Pawnbrokers - 2001
7. Jitterbop baby - Hal Harris - 1958
8. Lone Star Dreamers - Relax - 2000
9. Hand me down my walking cane - Jerry Lee Lewis - 1956
10. Die 180 Geister von Alamo - Panhandle Alks - 2010
11. Poor unlucky me - Kris Jensen - 1963
12. Poor unlucky me - The Blue Moon Rockers - 1999
13. Today is a blue day - Vernon Taylor - 1958
14. Lana Lee - De Tamara's - 1982
15. Baby-baby-baby - Little Ted - 1963
16. Da kind - The Royal Drifters - 1959
17. A tribute to Buddy Holly - The Hep Stars - 1964
18. When the one you love don't love you - Lee Harris - 1958
19. Got the water boiling Â - The Rhythmaires - 2001
20. Betty Jean - Memphis Rockabilly Band - 1987
21. Bye bye baby - Ricky Morvan & the Fens - 1962
22. Honey-bun - Larry Donn - 1959
23. Teenage baby - Peter Lewis with Martin Winiata & his MoonMen - 1960
24. Something baby - The Dazzlers - 1958
25. The third man (live) - Rex Rockets Five - 1964
All the Rock-it Radio shows are available on CD
Each show is only $9.50 each and you can order
in bulk and shipping will never be more then $2.00.
Ask for a secure paypal invoice -- information is at:
100'S OF VINTAGE ROCK AND ROLL VIDEOS ON FILE IN
OUR VIDEO SITE AT ROCK-IT RADIO:
CHECK IT OUT AT:
COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A
LIKE FROM YOU!
The Rock-it Radio Facebook Site.
HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more --
We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it
Radio. You can find it at:
|SUMMER IS COMING - THE PERFECT TIME OF YEAR|
TO BUY A ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRT!
Have you seen the new full line of Rock-it Radio T shirts that have been
Released. 3 New designs by Rock-it Radio's own Jammin' Jan.
Each Rock-it Radio T shirt is only $16.00 each plus shipping. And 100% of
All monies goes to keeping Rock-it Radio Online.
Come check out the latest styles.:
Check Website for updates and availability
|NEW RELEASE IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO STORE |
FEATURING DJ DADDY DOO WOP
As most of you know Rock-it Radio exists and pays
for it's bills from selling vintage Rock & Roll Radio
Shows. We have a new one our release RIR #654. It
is DJ Daddy Doo wop and his show over WSNC 90.5 FM
from Winston-Salem North Carolina.
from 6/9/2002 A great Doo Wop Show. Now listed in
our Rock-it Store under North Carolina listings at
or now listed on Ebay at:
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 24 August, 2017
This week in our archives page at:
Now listed in the top listing of our video page...
This week: Tribute to one of SUN Records most Rockin' of
Rockabilly Artists - Sonny Burgess who passed away last week.
CLASS OF 1967 5 CD SET NOW AVAILABLE IN ROCK-IT
RADIO E BAY STORE.
Many of our listeners enjoyed the 5 part series back
in May of Lane Quigley's tribute to the Class of 1967
50 year reunion featuring stories and the music of that
musical year. We are happy to say that that series
of 5 shows on 5 CD's is now available here at Rock-it
Radio. You can check out the link at:
If you are not a member of Ebay that's ok e mail us
at Rockitradio@netzero.net and we will gladly send you
a non obligatory invoice to purchase the show.
The 5 CD's that would normally cost $47.50 is on sale
as a set for $34.95 and is studio quality and 100% goes
to supporting Rock-it Radio.=============================================
|DONT FORGET TO VOTE -- VOTING ENDS AUGUST 31ST!! |
19th Annual East Coast vs. West Coast Oldies Battle has begun!
Now Online entire month of August in Show #5977
Make sure to vote and check out the possible prizes
in the next playlist.
It's August and that only means one thing -- Rock-it
Radio is playing their East vs. West Oldies Battle!
Now on demand as show #5977 in our program page at:
Announcing the 19th Annual East West Showdown with Rock-it DJs
Lane Quigley, host of the Memory Lane Show and Bill Green
who hosts Rock 'n Roll Retrospective. You get to listen, vote
and possibly win a great prize from the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad
This is a two part special with both programs available for the
entire month of August.
About The East West Showdown
Every year Bill Green, a native of New Jersey, and Lane Quigley, a life
long Southern Californian, square off with twelve song pairings.
Each round pits an east coast song against a tune from the west coast
with something that connects each match up. You get to listen, pick the
song round by round you like best, then email us your 'ballot'.
You could win a prize from our Launching Pad store.
Lane and Bill randomly select five ballet emails from all the ballots
submitted. If yours is picked you win a fabulous prize from Rock-it Radio's
Launching Pad store. Winners will be notified shortly after balloting
closes at the end of August.
How to submit your East West Showdown votes
Once you've made your round by round decisions email us at
You can copy and paste the play list below or compose your own
response. Also, Lane and Bill encourage you to share your comments
on the song selections. They love feedback.
East West 19th Anuual Showdown Play List
Round # 1: Bell Ringers
East: ___ Rainy Day Bells - The Globetrotters
West: ___ Mission Bell - Donnie Brooks
Round # 2: From The Back To The Front
East: ___ I Never Dreamed - The Cookies
West: ___ Good Good Lovin' - The Blossoms
Round # 3: Well Known Blue Eyed Soul
East: ___ Good Lovin' - The Young Rascals
West: ___ Little Latin Lupe Lu - The Righteous Brothers
Round # 4: Unknown Blue Eyed Soul
East: ___ Peace Of Mind - The Magnificent Men
West: ___ I Idolize You - The Fabulous Wailers
Round # 5: Roots Of Rock
East: ___ Flying Home - Lionel Hampton
West: ___ The Honeydripper: Joe Liggins
Round # 6: For The Birds
East: ___ Right Or Wrong - Ronnie Dove
West: ___ Will She Think Of Me - Johnny Flamingo
Round # 7: Hurtin' For Certain
East: ___ I've Been Hurt - Bill Deal & The Rhondels
West: ___ Hurt - Timi Yuro
Round # 8: Twofer
East: ___ Think Twice - Jackie Wilson & Lavern Baker
West: ___ Two For The Price Of One - Johnny 'Guitar' Watson & Larry Williams
Round # 9: Soaring Tenors
East: ___ That's My Desire - The Channels
West: ___ Thinking Of You - The Jaguars
Round # 10: From C To Shining C: Columbia & Capitol Labels
East: ___ Don't You Care - The Buckinghams
West: ___ Teenage Crush - Tommy Sands
Round # 11: Sack Dress
East: ___ No Chemise Please - Gerry Granahan
West: ___ Wiggle Wiggle - The Accents
Round # 12: The Island Of Lovers Island
East: ___ Island Of Love - Lee Andrews & The Hearts
West: ___ Lovers Island - The Blue Jays
Thanks for 19 years of Rockiteer loyalty!
Whether you're new to the East West Showdown or have been a
loyal listener we thank your for participating. Have fun making
your twelve song selections and good luck with the prize drawing.
(REMEMBER TO CUT AND PASTE THIS PLAYLIST WITH YOUR
VOTES TO POSSIBLY WIN PRIZES AT ROCK-IT RADIO!)
E MAIL TO: email@example.com
DRAWING & PRIZES GIVEN OUT FOR THE 19TH ANNUAL=============================================
EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST SHOWDOWN
It's that time of year again starting August 1st and
running until August 31st. Prizes will be drawn!
To those that send in their votes and copy and paste the above
ballot in this newsletter under Rock-it Radio show #5977.
At the end of August -- Lane and Bill will randomly draw 5 winners
to those that had voted. Ballot is above in our playlists and
on air as show #5977.
And will relay the e mail addresses to Rock-it Radio main studio
The following winners will be announced in the Listener's club
newsletter and here are the prizes and contacted via E mail.
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt (design of their choice)
and their choice of 5 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store
Plus! A Rock-it Radio Flashdrive of 600! Rock-it Radio Programs on it.
A giant 16 gb. Flashdrive filled with these shows and a Rock-it Store
value of nearly $500.00
And a copy of this show on CD. And a Rock-it Radio Bumper Sticker.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and their choice
of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at:
And a copy of this show on CD. And a Rock-it Radio Bumper Sticker.
3rd Place: A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the
Rock-it Store. And a vintage Radio show of their choice from the
Rock-it Radio Lauching Pad Store. And a Rock-it Radio Bumper Sticker.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show.
And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast of their choice.
The results of the tallying of you the Rock-it Radio Listener's
that vote will be posted in the Rock-it Radio newsletter in the
first week of September. If you are not a member of the Rock-it Radio
Listener's club and would like to join ... just go to our main webpage
And click to the banner towards the top of the page asking you to join.
It's free and we don't give out your e mail address and we don't spam.
Happy Voting everyone! Here this the ballot and playlist below.
|ROCK-IT RADIO DJ OTTO FUCHS TIES THE KNOT!!!|
Congratulations to Rock-it Radio DJ Otto Fuchs
out in Baden, Austria who married his Love a couple
of weeks ago Nicole Fuchs.
You can catch some of the wedding pictures in his
facebook page at:
|ROCK-IT RADIO CD DUPLICATOR DIES CAUSING DELAYS|
IN SHIPMENTS FROM ROCK-IT STORE
About 5 years is the maximum life of a CD Duplicator.
Ours died a couple of week's ago and ordered another
one quickly through amazon.com - it still took a week
to get to the studios here. A unexpected expense that
will occasionally occur but never welcomed. Our apologies
for those that were delayed because of the dying machine.
We are up and running once again though for the Rock-it
|ROCK-IT RADIO CD DUPLICATOR DIES CAUSING DELAYS|
IN SHIPMENTS FROM ROCK-IT STORE
About 5 years is the maximum life of a CD Duplicator.
Ours died a couple of week's ago and ordered another
one quickly through amazon.com - it still took a week
to get to the studios here. A unexpected expense that
will occasionally occur but never welcomed. Our apologies
for those that were delayed because of the dying machine.
We are up and running once again though for the Rock-it
|SHOUT OUT TO GARY PODSIEDLIK FOR A THANK YOU|
Thank you goes out to Rock-it Radio listener
Gary Podsiedlik and his donation of cash to
Rock-it Radio! We are 100% Publicly supported and
every bit helps. That is why we have the vintage
broadcasts for sale at http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
to bring in money to keep Rock-it flying.
|CELL PHONE APP FOR ROCK-IT RADIO ???|
With the advent of iphones and smartphones and tablets
and all ... We are attempting to keep 50s and 60s rock and
roll alive in 2017. We are working on a app. to download
to listen to Rock-it Radio. We will report the progress
of this in the next newsletter where we hope to be up and
able to download in Play Google and the Apple Store.
In the mean time you can still listen to Rock-it Radio on
your phones thru the Tune in Radio App - which information
is further down in the newsletter.
|RIP SUN RECORD RECORDING ARTIST AND FRIEND|
Sonny Burgess has always been one of our all time
favorite Sun Record Artists. His high energy style
and known antics of the 50s made him stand out to me
more then those that may have made it huge - in the
famous SUN Record Label. He may have not received the
recognition he so richly deserved under the SUN Record
label - but to me he was nothing short of just awesome.
Sonny allowed me one of my first interviews on Rock-it
Radio clear back in 1997 - and got to meet and talk and
know him in 1999 during the Viva Las Vegas gathering along
with his band The Pacers. Below we have the obituary of
Sonny and RIP - And Thank you for what you gave to the World
Obituary compliments of Irish Mirror Magazine ..
Rockabilly icon Sonny Burgess dead aged 86
American rockabilly guitarist Sonny Burgess has died
today at the age of 86 following a long career of rock and roll.
The talented singer, who first started out playing boogie-woogie
music in dance halls around Newport, Arkansas, had suffered a fall
last month and had been in hospital receiving treatment ever since,
a fan page explained.
"Sad to report the passing of SUN record artist that Sonny Burgess
had passed away at 9:30 pm," said a post on Rock-it Radio Online's
"Sonny had a fall accident last month and had been in a Little Rock
hospital since. Sonny Burgess & The Pacers have been performing since
1955 and last performance was just last month.
"Bobby Crafford a fellow band member since the beginning reports the Pacers
plan on still performing."
Sonny's first single with his band The Pacers came out in 1956 and brought
the sounds of We Wanna Boogie and Red Headed Woman to the world at a
time when rock and roll was in its first stages.
The band's first record was released in 1969 titled Country Rock. He continued
to release new music over the next few decades, ending with his Live At
Sun Studios album in 2012.
Sonny's personal style grew to fit the music he loved - he even dyed his
hair the same flaming red as his jacket and guitar.
His band were one of the most exciting to watch live, according to their fans
- they would throw themselves around the stage, smash up their instruments
and even jump off the stage at the end of their shows without caring how far
they had to fall.
"We had one of the greatest stage shows there was," Sonny later said.
"It was like a three-ring circus, people couldn't watch just one of us.
We had horn, piano, drums, guitar and bass, since we had to play all kinds
of music back then.
But while other acts, including Elvis (who Sonny's band supported on tour)
and Johnny Cash, were finding fame and money with their sound, Sonny and The
Pacers were destined never to quite get the big break they felt they deserved.
Instead, Sonny fell out of music and into sales for a number of years.
"Back then we had nobody to advise us," he later revealed to the Arkansas
"In the 1970s, I did give up music for a while, and went to work as a sales
rep for St. Louis Trimming, which makes women's lace for bridal gowns and craft
items and all that. I travelled six states doing that, but retired last year.
Travelling is something it seems like I've done all my life."
Sonny was previously married to Joann Adams. He leaves behind sons Peyton and John.
(end of obit.)
Side note: Bobby Crafford fellow Pacer reports that The band still
continues to plan to tour without Sonny and have not cancelled any
shows - so if you can if they are in a Rockabilly venue your way he hopes
that you will still come out and see them.
|AMATEUR RADIO STATION KI7PMQ BEING BUILT AT|
ROCK-IT RADIO STUDIOS
After retiring from public service 4 years ago we
have decided to finish something I started back in
1973 at the age of 13. And that was to be a Ham Radio
Operator. The world of radio took me in different directions
but now being semi retired last week surprised myself,
I took both the technician and general radio exams, and
to my surprise passed both.
On Friday September 1st we are having an antenna raising
party here - and should be soon on the ham bands shortly
after. I don't know how many of our listeners are ham
radio operators - some have already come forward from
my facebook page but would love to chat with many of you.
contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
all the best & 73,
Bennie at the Rock-it -- KI7PMQ
|WHAT IS ROCK-IT GIVING AWAY IN THE STORE IN |
As some may know when you order from the Rock-it
Store to help us we give away a little bonus that changes
every month. This month in August we are giving away
our CD of Rare Alan Freed Radio shows.
Next month in September we will be giving away a
Jimmy O'Neil DJ show - over KFWB in Los Angeles from
December 30, 1966.
Jimmy at the time also had a very popular L.A. based
TV show called Shindig - that featured live acts of the
time plus go go dancers. We have featured many shindig
shows in our video page in the past, but you can just
go to youtube and run 'Shindig' and you will find a plethora
of Jimmy O'Neil Shindig shows where he will be MCing.
This CD as the giveaway for September will feature him at his
other job as DJ at KFWB.
If you wish to see the playlist of this free giveaway -
check it out in our Ebay Store at:
|MORE NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD |
STORE AND EBAY STORE.
Almost all of our funding for Rock-it Radio comes from the
sale of vintage radio broadcasts from Rock Radio Shows from
the 1950s to the 1970s. We have 4 new releases so far
this month. Here is a brief description and the Ebay link
to these shows. (Playlists of these vintage broadcasts can
be seen in our ebay listing links below).
1. Kenny Everett BBC Light Programme from 7/20/1969.
Great features of 60s Rock. Released as RIR #650 and
in our Ebay store as:
2. Sebastian Stone & Tony Taylor on WOR-FM New York City
from 4/2/1969. Released as RIR #651 and you can view the
playlist and all at our Ebay store listing at:
3. DJ Helen Shapiro and the LOST BEATLES INTERVIEW!
over BBC Radio 4. A must for any Beatles historian of fan.
Released as RIR #652 & at:
4. DJ Bob Dayton Top 40 Radio show over KRLA Los Angeles from
8/14/1969. Released as RIR #653 & at:
All updates and latest news on our vintage radio
broadcasts can be found in our Launching Pad Facebook
page at http://www.facebook.com/rockitpad
| GIVEAWAY BROADCAST CD FOR AUGUST 2017 --|
ALAN FREED RARE BROADCASTS ON CD
This month we are giving away our CD of Alan Freed Rare
Recordings which actually include 3 snippets of rare Freed.
Pt. 1 3/22/1952 - WJW Cleveland 20 min. The Day After the Coronation Ball Fiasco.
Pt. 2 From 1953 at WJW in Cleveland 28 min. of his show
Pt. 3 His last broadcast station at KDAY in Santa Monica California
from 1961 - 12 min. of.
If you would like to see the playlist of the show you can see it in our ebay store you can at listing at
BUT DON'T BUY IT! You get it free from us here at Rock-it Radio.
With every purchase you make from Rock-it Radio to support
All sales go to keeping Rock-it Radio online, and this is our
way to sweeten the deal and say Thank you!
Thank you everyone that helps keep Rock-it Radio online and Rockin!
Your bonus CD for this month
by supporting Rock-it Radio - Just purchase any
Rock-it Radio items from the sites below.
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad : http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Rock-it-Radio-Store
Order a show of Rock-it Radio at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Or vintage Wolfman Jack shows at http://www.rockitradio.net/wolfman.html
or 50 Rock-it Radio Shows on a flashdrive at http://www.rockitradio.net/flashdrive.html
Catalog orders will also receive this FREE CD.
**Rock-it Radio is 100% Listener supported we have no
sponsors and the sale of our vintage radio broadcasts helps
us to stay online and pay the copyright and broadcasting
fees it takes to remain online. thank you for all your
|NEW RELEASE -- FLASHDRIVE OF ROCK-IT RADIO |
SHOWS #5901 TO #5950. OUR 11TH FLASHDRIVE
Flashdrive #10 featuring Rock-it Radio shows #5901 - #5950
50 Rock-it Radio Shows on mp3 thumb drive (70+! hours of
oldies Rock!) now released and available at:
from there you can also see the playlist of shows on this
or you can order any of our Flashdrives at:
|RECRUITING FOR RADIO PERSONALITIES FOR |
Do you know your 50s and 60s Rock & Roll, Doo wop
or Rockabilly? And the ability to produce a show
We do require a playlist for this newsletter but
your show will stay online for the world for approx.
3 weeks. Unlike some stations where you broadcast one
time and it's gone forever.
If interested check out our Rock-it Radio Team page
We are also looking for writers and translators!
|COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA|
What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans.
Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
REMEMBERING OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO IN THE UK
In the mid 1960s it was difficult for the youth to actually listen to Rock and Roll in the UK.
The BBC actually ran only a few hours a weekend to provide the young Brits with this outlet.
At night during the week they ventured to even tune into Radio Luxembourg to get there fill,
that broadcast rock and pop around the clock.
To fill this void some venture capitalists decided to bring in commercial radio aboard refitted
radio ships. And anchor themselves just off into International waters off the English coast.
Radio Caroline (named after Caroline Kennedy the U.S. President's daughter at the time)
and Radio London being the most famous. Rock-it Radio has a website dedicated to their ventures
and also have actual radio broadcasts available of
these offshore pirates.We invite you to check them out our webpage at:
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the popular
'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio'
will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that
I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Rock-it Radio listed.
Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at:
ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK ?? FOLLOW THE LATEST AT
ROCK-IT RADIO AND OUR LATEST VINTAGE BROADCAST RELEASES.
Rock-it Radio has 2 Facebook pages. One for our programming
online and notifications, and the other is for our vintage
broadcast shows for sale.
The Online Station is http://www.facebook.com/rockitface
For the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad and our latest deals and
releases you can follow us at: http://www.facebook.com/rockitpad
|MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??|
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PAGE...
Remember you can check out all the Rock-it Radio DJ's
and read the bios of these DJ's that make these
Rock-it Radio Shows possible at:
And don't forget for even more pictures --
there is our picture page at:
IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our
updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start
scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
We are in our 22nd year!!! Please share the good news with your
family and friends that love original Oldies Music - We are back and
Rockin' with new shows in our program page at
Just click the MP3 speaker to the show that has your musical interest!
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from August 2, 2017 to
August 24, 2017
We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides
and our playlists and information that our weekly newsletter
provides. Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or
future ideas is always welcome and you can e mail me personally at:
Linda Romberger - York, Pennsylvania USA
Angelina Schultz - Millville, New Jersey USA
Grazufa Nifflergif - Klamath Falls, Oregon USA
Harry Ryan - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
Drew Corman - California, USA
George Schaffer - Missouri, USA
Denise Montpetit - Tilbury, Ontario Canada
Leno Pederson - Louisville, Kentucky USA
Robert Rodoza - Morro Bay, California USA
Brenda Kelleher - Dover, New Hampshire USA
John Fields - Atlanta, Georgia USA
Norm Levinson - California, USA
We have gained 321 new likes in our listeners club
in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at:
http://facebook.com/rockitface and 19 more following us
on Twitter @Rockitradio1 .
We have added a total of 352 new members to the Rock-it Radio
Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 90,982 exactly
that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
We hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's
Rock and Roll, Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial
oldies radio stations have forgotten) that we are able to play
for you from Rock-it Radio. Remember, we are here for you!
So if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and
suggestions we always love to hear from our listeners.
Our e mail address is:
To learn more about the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club and our Free
Newsletter please check out:
It's free and easy to join and the Rock-it Radio Newsletter is always
online at: http://www.rockitradio.net/newsletter.html
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music
of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this
music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please
share the information of this station. And if you have
a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio
link on your page.
There are a few to choose from in our link page at:
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only
$9.50 U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at
the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order
one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail.
Instructions where to send payment is at our webpage:
If you are a member of paypal (http://www.paypal.com) you can e mail directly
and let me know via e mail (email@example.com) what shows you would
like we can send you a paypal invoice within 24 hours.
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you
help keep these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
And at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but actually
some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at Rock-it Radio.
TOP 25 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 8/24/2017
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited just like you would of heard
it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
1. Lane Quigley Class of 1967 5 CD Set - Rock-it Radio
2. Rock-it Radio Flashdrive shows #5801 -5850
3. Rock-it Radio Flashdrive #5851 - #5900
4. RIR #168 Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967
5. RIR #539 Cousin Brucie - WABC New York 9/7/1965
6. RIR #393 John Lennon Guest DJ - WNEW New York 1974
7. Rock-it Radio Flashdrive Shows #5901 - #5950
8. RIR #260 Tony The Tiger Taylor - WXQI Atlanta 4/1/1965
9. RIR #181 Wolfman Jack - XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967
10. RIR #397 Wolfman Jack - XERB Rosarito 8/1/1968
11. RIR #312 Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 5/2/1963
12. RIR #426 Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968
13. RIR #644 Dan Ingram - WABC New York 6/12/1964
14. RIR #425 Don Steele - KHJ Los Angeles 7/3/1967
15. RIR #200 Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito 10/1/1969 Pt.1
16. RIR #356 John Landecker - WLS Chicago Pt. 1 10/11/1972
17. RIR #439 2 1965 Broadcasts of CKLW Ontario
18. RIR #650 Kenny Everett & Chris Denning BBC 5/20/1967
19. RIR #436 Pat Sajack - Armed Forces Vietnam Network 3/18/1969
20. RIR #205 Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960
21. RIR #622 Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor, Ontario 7/12/1967
22. RIR #559 Dan Ingram - WABC New York Hr. 3 12/26/1969
23. RIR #115 3 Rare 50s Broadcasts of Alan Freed
24. RIR #652 Helen Shapiro - BBC Radio Lost Beatles Interviews
25. RIR #624 Bob Green - WKNR Detroit 3/30/1970
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out
our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
or in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html (listed by date)
and in the upper left hand corner -
there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name or
Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of
these broadcasts is what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank
you again to everyone that buys these!============================================
REQUEST A ROCK-IT RADIO STORE CATALOG
If you don't like ordering online but still want to have some
of the vintage radio shows from the 50s through the 70s - We
understand that. That is why we still take mail orders. You can
actually save money also in our orders if you use our coupon that
comes with every catalog - That will give your order a 25% discount!
If you would like a Rock-it Radio catalog that lists over 500 rare and rockin' radio shows with famous DJs when Radio was truly radio! Just e mail us
your mailing address and we will send it out straight away!
Our E mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite
you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further
Come tune into the World on your computer!
1000s of stations around the world now broadcast online. We have a
link to some of the internet top directories to help you find these stations.
Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom
of the list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory.
And currently we can only afford the
latest shows online here at Rock-it Radio.
So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio
archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in
OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations
Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska
with our very own Debbie Snowdove!
Well that is just about it for this newsletter and playlists of our latest
shows. We hope that you enjoy them.
We will do our best to keep these shows on for at least 14
days and hopefully 21 days.
All the best always,
e mail: email@example.com
Archived Shows at:
Rock-it Radio Vintage Broadcast Store: