As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #5962 to #5977
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
A very Happy and Warm August to all of you from up here in Idaho. We have some good things happening here at Rock-it Radio. First off our 19th Annual East vs. West Coast Oldies Battle is now playing all month as show #5977 as where you the listeners have a chance to listen and vote and decide and have a chance to win some nice Rock-it Radio Prizes. Also, being a new month we have a new CD giveaway for those this month that is supporting Rock-it Radio - Rare Broadcasts of Alan Freed! We will be giving those away all month long as well. 16 new shows in our program page shows #5962 to #5977 - So, lets get started!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed. Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
WE COULD REALLY !!! USE YOUR SUPPORT
Rock-it Radio is 100% Publicly supported. But when you donate to the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad - we give you a vintage broadcast of your choice. 100% of all sales from the Rock-it Radio Store (Launching Pad) goes back to pay copyright fees, LLC taxes, Internet and bandwidth costs of Rock-it Radio. Without your support we would not exist. So. please consider a purchase at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
=============================================== NOTE: ALL SHOWS BELOW CAN BE FOUND IN OUR PROGRAM WEBPAGE - TO TUNE IN CLICK TO SPEAKER OF THE SHOW YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO. EITHER MP3 OR REAL PLAYER. BOTH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED. AT: HTTP://WWW.ROCKITRADIO.NET/PROGRAMS.HTML
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5962
It's another Memory Lane Show, and that means another hour-plus featuring the best variety from the Glory Days of the 45 RPM. Along with a handful of interview clips and the Mystery Artist segment, host Lane Quigley presents an enjoyable array of lesser known tunes mixed with well known records. The music on this show is super-hot, so get ready to rock & roll.
1. Feel So Good - Shirley & Lee 1955 2. Chicken Shack - Ike & Tina Turner 1965 SOUND BITE 3. Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Elvis Presley 1958 4. Without The One You Love - The Four Tops 1964 5. Rockin' With Joe - Joe Houston 1955 6. Hard Hearted Hannah - Ray Charles 1960 SOUND BITE 7. Mardi Gras Mambo - The Hawkettes 1954 8. MYSTERY ARTIST (Can you identify the artist??) 9. Every Day of the Week - The Students 1958 10. Bop a Lena - Ronnie Self 1958 SOUND BITE 11. Gonna Roll With My Baby Tonight - Ray Johnson & The Hi-Lites 1954 12. Heartbreak (It's Hurting Me) - Jon Thomas 13. King Without a Queen - Dion 1963 14. Tippity Top - The Rays 1956 SOUND BITE 15. Candy Man - Roy Orbison 16. Let The Doorbell Ring - Larry Dale 1960 17. I Thought It Over - Joel Hill & The Strangers 1960 18. Thank You John - Willie Tee 1965 SOUND BITE 19. (It Never Happens) In Real Life - Chuck Jackson 1961 20. I'll Always Be With You - Dean & Jean 1963 21. Reconsider Baby - Lowell Fulson 1954 SOUND BITE 22. Choosey Beggar - The Miracles 1965 23. Please Don't Go - Yvonne Carroll 1964 24. Need Your Love - The Metallics 1962
=============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN AND GROOVIN SHOW FEATURING WORLDWIDE RARITIES ON SHOW #5963 FEATURING REGIONAL HITS FROM NEW YORK CITY
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for another show in his series, Regional Round Up, with this show featuring part two of music from the Big City, Yeah, Rock 'n' Roll out of New York City from the 50's and 60's with Bop, Boogie, Jive, Stroll, Rocking Pop and the regular feature of, The Smooch Spot.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Betty Lou Got A New Pair Of Shoes - Bobby Freeman (58) Josie 03. Go Daddy Rock (instrumental) - Al Hendrix + Jolly Jody & His Go Daddies (58) ABC-Paramount 04. Girlie That I Love - The Chellos (57) Apollo 05. Teenage Letter - Big Joe Turner (54) Atlantic 06. Queen Of The Hop - Bobby Darin (58) Atco 07. The Class - Chubby Checker (59) Top Rank 08. If You Want It Enough - Johnny Burnette & The Rock 'n' Roll Trio (57) Coral 09. In My Teens - The Collins Kids (56) Columbia 10. Come By Sunday - Kay Martin (59) Unart 11. You Never Miss Your Water - Esther Phillips & Big Al Downing (63) Lenox 12. A Million To One - Jimmy Charles (58) Promo 13. Ten Commandments Of Love - James MacArthur (62) Scepter 14. Evening Shadows Falling - The Seniors (56) Tetra 15. I Can't Hold Out Any Longer - Jimmy Soul (61) SPQR 16. Baby Take Me Back - Roger Roc LaRue & The Three Pals (57) Rama 17. She Bops A Lot - Ronnie Pearson (58) Herald 18. The Cheater - Bobby Desoto (59) Claro 19. Put On My Shoes - Mary Ann Fisher (59) Fire 20. Number 9 Train - Taheel Slim (58) Fury 21. Rock Go Round - Chester Smith (58) Decca 22. Little Blonde Girl - Don French (59) Lancer 23. Shouldn't I - The Orients (64) Laurie 24. Rock-A-Billy Band - Frank Curtis (57) Lyric 25. Flamingo Express (instrumental) - The Royaltones (60) Goldisc 26. The Wamboo - Del Shannon (63) Big Top 27. Hey Now Mary - Paul Vance (59) Kenco 28. Apron Strings - Billy The Kid (59) Kapp 29. You'll Be My Baby - David Gates (59) Mala 30. Hinky Dinky Danky - Buddy Kain (58) 20th Century Fox 31. Let There Be Rockin' - The Jumpin' Jacks (56) 101 32. The FBI Story - Red West (60) Jaro International
=============================================== ROCKIN DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5964
Daddy O is back this week with more great uptempo rockin' doo wop rock and roll from the 50s and early 60s. Check out this playlist you will hear when you click to #5964 in our program page.
1. My Girlfriend-The Cadillacs 2. Pearl-The Schoolboys 3. Mr. Lee-The Bobbettes 4. Goody Goody-Frankie Lymon 5. Rocking Pneumonia And The Boogie Woogie Flu-Huey Smith & The Clowns 6. Rang Tang Ding Dong (I Am The Japanesse Sandman)-The Cellos 7. Miss Ann-Little Richard 8. Born With Rhythm-The Calvaes 9. Now I Know-The Keynotes 10.What Do You Do-The Channels 11.On Your Radio-Richard Lanham 12.Short Fat Fanny-Larry Williams 13.Deserie-The Charts 14.Lucy-The Original Cadillacs 15.Dance With Me-The El Torros 16.Everyoneâ€™s Laughing-The Spaniels 17.Baby-The Avons 18.United-The Lovenotes 19.Can I Come Over Tonight-The Velours 20.He's Gone-The Chantels
=============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW WITH A SHIRELLES ON ROCK-IT RADIO #5965
Pete is one of our veteran DJs here on the Rock-it and his Doo Wop collection is quite extensive! If you love Doo Wop Rock and Roll but in search of more of the obscurities along with the standards this show just might be for you. Here is the playlist of this show of Pete Chaston's Doo Wop Show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Unchained Melody-Vito & The Salutations (1963) 3. Oh Rose Marie-The Fascinators (1959) 4. Lundee Dundee-The Versatiles (1958) 5. Que Sera, Sera-The High Keyes (1963) 6. If You Love Me-The Blue Notes (1956) 7. Oh, Julie-The Crescendos (1958) 8. Baby Talk-Jan & Dean (1959) 9. I Have a Boyfriend-The Chiffons (1963) 10. Never Let You Go-Street Corner Memories (1981)
17. Come On Baby-The Cordovans (1957) 18.
My Heart's Desire-The Wheels
19. Ding, Ding Dong-The Jive Tones (1958) 20. Blue Moon-The Emanons (1956)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. I Found My Love-The Velvetones (1956) 22. You Came to Me-The Channels (1973) 23. That's How Love Goes-The Capris (1982) 24. Please Let Me Love You-The Jesters (1957) 25. Story Untold-The Nutmegs (1955) 26. Crazy for You-The Heartbeats (1955) 27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
=============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH TRIBUTE TO LAVERN BAKER Pt.1 ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5966
Featuring her music from 1949 - 1954
This week, th "Juke In The Back" looks at how one of R&B's greatest voices, LaVern Baker, got her start. It's part one of a two part feature on the early career of LaVern Baker. In part one, we'll dig on Baker's first recordings from 1949-1954. She began her recording career with Eddie "Sugarman" Penigar Orch in 1949, then recorded a few sides as Little Miss Sharecropper on National Records. She then started singing with Maurice King and His Wolverines and finally with Todd Rhodes on King Records. After leaving Rhodes' band, Baker was determined to become a solo artist and signed up with Atlantic Records, just in time for the Rock n' Roll Explosion of the mid-1950s. None of these early records made the national charts, but you can really hear LaVern Baker evolve as an artist as the music moved closer and closer from Rhythm & Blues to Rock n' Roll.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. I Wonder Baby - Eddie "Sugarman" Penigar Orch - RCA 1949 3. Easy Baby - Eddie "Sugarman" Penigar Orch - RCA 1949 4. I've Tried - Little Miss Sharecropper - National 1951 5. How Long - Little Miss Sharecropper - National 1951 6. I Want To Rock - Little Miss Sharecropper - National 1951 7. Take Out Some Time - Little Miss Sharecropper - National 1951 8. Good Daddy - Maurice King & His Wolverines - Columbia 1951 9. I Want A Lavender Cadillac - Maurice King & His Wolverines - Okeh 1951 10. Make It Good - Maurice King & His Wolverines - Okeh 1951 11. Trying - Todd Rhodes Orch. - King 1952 12. Pig Latin Blues - Todd Rhodes Orch - King 1952 13. Must I Cry Again - Todd Rhodes Orch - King 1952 14 *GREAT 78 - How Can You Leave A Man Like That - LaVern Baker - Atlantic 1953 15. Lost Child - Todd Rhodes Orch - King 1953 16. Soul On Fire - LaVern Baker - Atlantic 1953 17. I Can't Hold Out Any Longer - LaVern Baker - Atlantic 1954 18. I'm Living My Life For You - LaVern Baker - Atlantic 1954 19. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
=============================================== FROM BENDIGO, AUSTRALIA! IT'S TREVOR HYLAND'S ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5967 ALL ROCKIN' AUSSIE SPECIAL!
Trevor Hyland & The Rock And Roll Dance Party Rockabilly Play list. Rockabilly & Rock'N ' Roll from Trevor Hyland & The Rock & Roll Dance Party, Rockin' It Out from Trev's studios at KLFM in Bendigo Australia. All Aussie Rockabilly this show. SHAZAM SHAZAM !
01. Hill Billy Stomp - Magic 8 Balls 02. Cherry Red 32 Ford - Magic 8 Balls 03. New Girl In Town - Magic 8 Balls 04. Black Pontiac - Andy & The Rockets 05. Teddy Boys Picnic - Andy & The Rockets 06. Be Bop baby - Atomic Creepers 07. Drive Me Crazy - Atomic Creepers 09. Wild Cat - Atomic Hi Tones 10. My Baby's Gone - Atomic Hi Tones 11. Evil Woman - Cherry Devine 12. Baby Plays Base - Cherry Devine 13. Sherry Baby - Benny & The Fly - By - Niters 14. Boogie Woogie Nighthawk - Benny & The Fly - By - Niters 15. Spin My Wheels - Chrome Daddies 16. Do Me No Wrong - Crackerjacks 17. Go Cat Go - Crackerjacks 18. Red Hot Rockabilly Hotrod - The Flat Trackers 19. You're My baby - The Flat Trackers 20. Jitter Bop Baby - The Flat Trackers 21. Stutterin' Sue - The Flatfoot Shakers 22. Ain't That Lovin' You Baby - Robyn & The Rancheros 23. Let Her Roll - Robyn & The Rancheros 24. Clean Machine - Get Back 25. Hooked On You - Get Back
=============================================== ANNUAL SURF ROCK SPECIAL FROM MINNIE ROGERS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5968
This is her 3rd annual Surf Rock special that we are always thrilled to air here on Rock-it Radio. Here is Minnie's playlist of great Surf Rock Special from her studios in the UK!
1. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys 2. The Surfer Moon - Bob and Sheri 3. Cross Ties - Dale Hawkins 4. I Saw Her First - Bruce Johnston 5. Barbara Ann - The Beach Boys 6. King Of The Surf Guitar - Dick Dale & The Del Tones 7. Panic Button - The Champs 8. Drag City - Jan & Dean 9. Uprisin' - The Cherokees 10. Barbie - Kenny & The Cadets (The Beach Boys) 11. Surfaris Stomp - The Surfaris 12. (Let's Have A Beach Party) - Dave York & The Beachcombers 13. Come Go With Me - The Del-Vikings 14. Susie Q - Dale Hawkins 15. Don't Worry Baby - The Beach Boys 16. Beach Party - The Fenderman 17. Sloop John B - Dick Dale & The Del Tones 18. LSD25 - The Gamblers 19. Girls On The Beach - The Beach Boys 20. I Found A Girl - Jan & Dean 21. You Can't Sit Down - The Surfaris 22. Night Surfing - The Rebel Rousers 23. Woo Hoo - The Rock-A-Teens 24. 409 - The Beach Boys 25. Surf Beat - Dick Dale & The Del Tones 26. The Savage - The Shadows 27. Let The Good Times Roll - Shirley & Lee 28. Blue Moon - Santo & Johnny
=============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5969
It's Jackie's Good Taste in Oldies music that always make this a great show as he dwelves into his collection of 50s and early 60s rock and roll. Here is the playlist of this show!
1. El Camino Real - Lee Dresser 2. Lonesome Road - The Booze Bombs 3. Room Full Of Roses - Ray Smith 4. Dix A Billy - Mary Jean Ferguson 5. Tom Dooley Rock And Roll - The Black Knights 6. Mercury Blues - The Hot Rod gang 7. Ride and Roll - Johnny and The Roccos 8. Let's Turn Back the Years - Sleepy LaBeef 9. Pardon Mr Gordon - Johnny Allan 10. Lover Boy - Cherry Tess and Her Rhythm Sparks 11. Echoes Of The Past - The Roomates 12. When I Fell In Love - The Capris 13. Life Is But A Dream - The Earls 14. My Christina - The Playtones 15. My Foolish Heart - The Firebirds 16. Fannie Brown Got Married - Roy Brown 17. Mornin' Noon And Night - Big Joe Turner 18. My Pigeons Gone - The 5 Keys 19. Fools Fall In Love - The Drifters 20. Let The Good Times Roll - Brad Paisley & BB King
=============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5970
From a undisclosed location Cool Bobby B is back with another 3 hours of programming for us here at Rock-it Radio! Great Doo Wop Rock and Roll from the first decade of Rock and Roll now on demand as show #5970 here at Rock-it Radio. Here is the playlist of the show.
1. Rockin' with the clock - Shirley and Lee 2. For Sentimental Reasons - The Cleftones 3. Gloria - the Cadillacs 4. This is my love - the Passions 5. Blue Moon - The Marcels 6. On my word of honor - The Platters 7. One in a million - the Platters 8. 100 years from now - The Spaniels 9. All I want is you - the Miracles 10. Gotta Dance to keep from crying - The Miracles 11. I know - Hollywood Flames 12. Rama Lama Ding Dong - The Edsels 13. Thank you and Goodnight - the Angels 14. Soon - Four Seasons 15. Lovers island - Blue Jays 16. Wish I didn't love you so - Philly Cuzz 17. Who do you love - The Sapphires 18. You belong to me - The Duprees 19. Puddin' N Tain - Alley Cats
20. Love Potion #9 - The Clovers 21. The Great Pretender - the Platters 22. Don't Pity Me - Dion & Belmonts 23. Where or When - Dion & Belmonts 24. Mia Amore - The Flamingos 25. Big Boy Pete - The Olympics 26. Dance by the light of the moon - The Olympics 27. Pledging my love - Johnny Ace 28. My Adorable One - Joe Simon 29. True Love - Ron Holden 30. Never let you go - The Downbeats 31. My vow to you - The Students 32. I'd like to thank you Mr. DJ - Otis Williams & Charms 33. Endless - Honey Bees 34. Jerry - The Minors 35. Need You - Donnie Owens 36. Down the Road - The Cadillacs 37. Ship of Love - The Nutmegs 38. Most of All - The Moonglows
39. 11th hour melody - The Rivieras 40. Moonlight Serenade - The Rivieras 41. While Walking - Tony & Rainbows 42. Sometimes - Danny & Juniors 43. Rock and Roll Lullabye - The Belmonts 44. Goodbye to Love - The Chantels 45. My memories of you - The Chantels 46. Picture in my wallet - Darrel & Oxfords 47. Be True - The Vocaleers 48. Please say you want me - the Schoolboys 49. Can I come over - The Youngsters 50. Who's lovin you - The Miracles 51. Count Every Star - The Miracles 52. I knew from the start - The Moonglows 53. We go together - The Moonglows 54. I love how you love me - Paris Sisters 55. Since I don't have you - The Skyliners 56. Only you - The Platters 57. Goodnight Baby - Imaginations
=============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A PT. 2 TRIBUTE TO SOUND STAGE 7 RECORDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5971
This show is Part Two of what will be a three part look at the recordings made in the 1960's and 1970's by Nashville based labels Sound Stage 7 and Seventy 7 records. The show will also feature an in depth look at some of the more prolific artists for the two labels. John Richbourg's contribution to these recordings in particular and the labels in general will also be high lighted.
The Play List is a follows:
1. You Keep Me Hanging On-Joe Simon 1968 2. That's How Strong My Love Is-Earl Gaines 1972 3. Farther On Down The Road-Joe Simon 1970 4. Your Love-Joe Simon 1970 5. Moon Walk Pt. One-Joe Simon 1970 6. Moon Walk Pt. Two-Joe Simon 1970 7. Hold Back Girl-Sam Baker 1969 8. Sometimes You Have To Cry-Sam Baker 1964 9. I Love You-Sam Baker 1969 10. Something Tells Me-Sam Baker 1965 11. Let Me Come Home-Sam Baker 1966 12. Doin' The Best That I Can-Ella Washington 1969 13. All The Time-Ella Washington 1969 14. Sit Down and Cry-Ella Washington 1969 15. I'm Useless- Charles Smith 1972 16. Why Can't I Cry-Charles Smith 1973 17. The Only Time You Say You Love Me-Charles Smith 1972 18. Air Check-John Richbourg-Selling Baby Chicks on WLAC Nashville 1955 19. You're Gonna Miss Me-Ann Sexton 1973 20. Have A Little Mercy-Ann Sexton 1972 21. I'm His Wife (You're Just A Friend)-Ann Sexton 1977 22. What Made You Change You're Mind-Bobby King 1966
=============================================== OTTO FUCHS & ROCKIN THE JOINT ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5972
From his studios in Baden, Austria comes Otto Fuchs and the Rockin' The Joint Show. Otto Fuchs & The Rockin´ The JUKEJOINT Show - Keep Calm & Listen To Roots Rock & Roll Rockabilly
DJ Otto Fuchs & The Rockin´ The Juke Joint Show with a varied programme, featuring all genre´s of Roots Rock & Rockabilly, including material sent to the Rock It Radio Studios by singers, songwriters, artists and independent record companies - enjoy a potpuri of music!
1. Domino-Darrel Higham & Slim Jim Phantom / The Kat Men 2. Dear John-Eddy & The Backfires 3. FBI Story-Rudy Tutti Grayzell 4. Rock & Roll Hiccup-The Real Gone Tones 5. Faded Love-Ida Red & The Melody Stompers 6. Man Of Mystery-The Shadows 7. You Never Can Tell-Chuck Berry 8. Batman-Bob & The Bearcats 9. Such A Night-Orion 10. Bourbon Street-Jimmy & The Mustangs 11. Old Man Wants To Rock (Just Once Again)-The Hillside Wranglers 12. Amazing Pizzagirl- Crazy Cubes 13. Turn Around-Rayburn Anthony 14. Oh Lonesome Me-Rayburn Anthony 15. Not Guilty-Big Black Cadillac 16. Can´t Bring A Good Man Down-The Attention 17. Hit The Road Jack / Is You Is Or Is You Ain´t My Baby-Joey Green & His Rayville Big Band 18. Them Ole Blue Suede Shoes-Steve James 19. Dancing With Shoes Off -Richie Thorpe 20. A Teenager In Love -Marty Wilde 21. Dream Lover-Bobby Darin 22. There Goes My Baby-The Drifters
=============================================== JAMMIN JAMES RILEY WITH 3 HOURS OF THE ROCKABILLY AND BLUES RADIO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5973
With great Rockabilly and Blues style music along with great interviews it's James Rileys Rockabilly and Blues Radio show - this week featuring 3 Rockin' hours here on Rock-it Radio.
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #1
Wink & Sandy Martindale join the show to talk about Elvis
1. My Boy Elvis- Janis Martin 2. Big Boss Man- Dale Watson 3. All Love Broke Loose- Wink Martindale 4. That's All Right- Elvis Presley 5. What'd I Say- Elvis Presley 6. That Was Elvis To Me- Wink Martindale 7. Suspicious Minds- Elvis Presley 8. I Was The One- Elvis Presley 9. Better Than Me- Pokey LaFarge 10. She Just Misses Elvis (Sometimes)- The Starlight Drifters
Rockabilly N Blues Hour #2 Producer/musician Norbert Putnam joins the show to talk about his career and playing with Elvis
1. Long Gone Daddy- Babe Miller 2. Fast Cheap Or Well-Done- Lara Hope & The Ark-Tones 3. Saturday Night To Tease- Jake Calypso 4. Sorry Charlie- Carl Perkins & NRBQ 5. Paralyzed- Dave Edmunds 6. Cindy- Ricky Nelson 7. Polk Salad Annie- Tony Joe White 8. Mystery Train/ Tiger Man Jam- Elvis Presley 9. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On- Elvis Presley 10. Promised Land (take 3, 4)- Elvis Presley 11. Patch It Up- Elvis Presley 12. How I Wish She Was Mine- Jake La Botz 13. Security- The Bama Lamas w/ Gabrielle Sutton
Rockabilly N Blues Hour #3 Danielle Colby from American Pickers joins the show to talk about preserving history and more!
1. You Gotta Lose- The Delta Bombers 2. Rebound- The Blasters 3. Kickin' Child- Dion 4. Come Back Home- Howlin' Wolf 5. Devil's Guitar- Sirocco Bros 6. Stray Cat Strut- Stray Cats 7. CB Song- Th' Legendary Shack Shakers 8. Tempest's Advice For Young Women- Tempest Storm 9. Serpentine Blues- Rachel Brooke 10. Ain't That A Shame- Davina & The Vagabonds 11. Debt With The Devil- Hillbilly Casino 12. Too Long- Bailey Dee 13. Nobody Loves You Like Me- The Starjays 14. Blue Train- Johnny Cash 15. Let It Fly- JD Wilkes & The Dirt Daubers
=============================================== JAMMIN JAMES RILEY AND THE CATCH A WAVE SURF ROCK SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5974
Time to kick off that board and run up to the beach with your favorite guy or gal and tune in on your solid state Hi Fi Radio for another 3 hour segment of Catch A Wave Surf Rock Show! We don't have the playlist to this set but it's great Surf Rock n Roll worth tuning into!
Catching A Wave Hour #1
1. Volcano- The Hi-Risers 2. Neon Boneyard- Black Flamingos 3. Hot Rod Racer- Dick Dale 4. Listen To The Showman Twang- Dustaphonics 5. Killswitch- The Rip Em Ups 6. Meximelt- Southern Culture On The Skids 7. Kuk- The Trashmen 8. Jack The Ripper- Pollo Del Mar 9. Pipeline- The Hot Doggers 10. Surfers Blues- The Denvermen 11. Do The Daddy-O- Los Straitjackets (with Pontani Sisters & Kaiser George) 12. Velociraptor- The Zillatones 13. Mojave- Marty Stuart & His Fabulous Superlatives 14. Whistle Bait- Untamed Youth 15. California Calling- The Beach Boys 16. Ticket To Ride- Glen Campbell 17. Slaughter On Tenth Avenue- Nokie Edwards & The Light Crust Doughboys 18. Acid Wave- Marco Di Maggio
Catching a Wave Hour #2
Producer/musician Norbert Putnam talks about producing Jimmy Buffett
1. The Unknown Rider- Black Flamingos 2. Surf Explosao- The Dead Rocks 3. Hornet's Nest- The Surfin' Gorillas 4. Banzai Pipeline- The Astronauts 5. Non-Fiction- The Bananas 6. I Am The Walrus- Papa Doo Run Run 7. Please Please Me- Link Wray 8. Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)- Jan & Dean 9. Good Morning, Good Morning- The Beatles 10. I Should Have Known Better- The Beach Boys 11. Strawberry Fields Forever- The Ventures 12. Goin' Mad- The Hi-Risers 13. Latin Soul- The Sentinals 14. Alfie- Hank Marvin 15. Drums Of The Islands- Elvis Presley 16. Let's Go Trippin'/ Surf Beat- The Surfaris 17. Margaritaville- Jimmy Buffett 18. Happy Gremmie- The Lively Ones
Catching A Wave Hour #3
1. Drag Race- Link Wray 2. Walk Don't Run- Martin Cilia 3. A Huevo- Los Straitjackets with The Trashmen 4. A-Bone- The Trashmen 5. The Lonely Bull- The East Nashville Teens 6. Once In A While- The Explorers Club 7. You're Gonna Ride With Me- The Hondells 8. Don't Go Near The Water- The Beach Boys 9. New Hully Gully- Duane Eddy 10. The Phantom Driver- Hal Blaine & The Young Cougars 11. The New Victor- Dick Dale 12. No Name Dragster- Jim Messina & His Jesters 13. Trailblazin'- Greg Townson 14. The Armada- Mikelangelo & The Tin Star 15. Out Of Control- The Crossfires 16. Goin' Wild- Carole King 17. Sun Tan Baby- The City Surfers 18. Emma Peel Out- Said The Ripper 19. Thunder Reef- Bobby Fuller Four 20. Help Me Rhonda- Bruce & Terry
=============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #5975
The music in this Rocking Windmill show originates from Estonia, Finland, Norway, The UK, The USA and The Netherlands - so, just turn up the volume, find your blue suede shoes and petticoats and enjoy the show!
1. Loretta - Al Jones - 1959 2. Baby remember me - Al & the Echoes - 1966 3. Sparkling brown eyes - George Jones - 1960 4. My gran' Pappy don't smoke no grass - Al Roberts Jr, - 197x 5. Lady of Spain - The Black Arrows - 1962 6. Rudy Tudy baby - Jimmy Graham - 195x 7. Honey Bee - The Darts - 1979 8. Ethalena - Al Hendrix - 195x 9. Move it - The Jumpin' Wheels - 2003 10. Teenage doll - Jim White & the Kings Men - 1961 11. Lonestar boogie - Johnny & the Jailbirds - 2000 12. Hippy hippy shake - Chan Romero - 1959 13. Hippy hippy shake - Swinging Blue Jeans - 1963 14. Lookin' - Royce Porter - 1958 15. Fancy Nancy - Crazy Cavan & the Rhythm Rockers - 1975 16. Shook up - Joe Melson - 1960 17. Rockabilly star - The Slippers - 1980 18. Come on, twist - Jody Reynolds - 1962 19. The losing side of me - The Rocking Birds - 1998 20. Tears today, gone tomorrow - The Flea Bops - 2000 21. Gonna have a party - The Teen Cats - 1987 22. Don't wake up the kids - The Four Dots - 1959 23. Tell me how - Johnny & the Rocco's - 1989 24. The moon is crying - Alan Riddle - 1960 25. That's OK - The Rimshots - 1996 26. San Antonio Rose - Johnny & the Hurricanes - 1962
=============================================== GARY K. VINTAGE VINYL TREASURE CHEST PREMIERE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5976
Rock-it radio welcomes back our newest DJ - Gary K "The Rockin' Mailman" - and the Vintage Vinyl Treasure Chest. On this second broadcast, it's a great mix of Americana Rock and Roll and here is the playlist!
1 Return to Sender Elvis 2 Cruise to the Moon Chaperones 1960 3 Rising Sun Fats Domino 1960 4 Sun Arise Rolf Harris 1963 5 Two Faces Have I Lou Christie 1963 6 Doo Wop Music California 1976 7 Dumplins Doc Bagby 1957 8 Darling Baby Elgins 1966 9 Uptown Crystals 1962 10 Uptown Roy Orbison 1960 11She Knows Me Too Well Beach Boys 1965 12 Be My Kitten Little Chicken Teddy Randazzo 58 13 King of Hearts Cookies 1957 14 Sad Movies Sue Thompson 1961 15 Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying G/Pacemakers 1964 16 Don't Let the Sun Catch You Cryin' L Jordan 1946 17 Mystery Train Go Cat Go 1997 18 Girl in My Dreans Jesse Belvin/Clique 56 19 The Kind of Boy You Can't Forget Raindrops 63 20 Silhouettes Rays 1957 21 Diddle Dee Dum Belmonts 1962 22 Good News Eugene Church 1960 23 My Dad Paul Petersen 1963 24 I'm Sorry I'm Not Sorry Carl Perkins 1956 25 I Forgot to Remember to Forget Elvis 1955 26 That's All She Wrote Rick nelson 1963
=============================================== 19TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5977
It's August and that only means one thing -- Rock-it Radio is playing their East vs. West Oldies Battle! Now on demand as show #5977 in our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
Announcing the 19th Annual East West Showdown with Rock-it DJs Lane Quigley, host of the Memory Lane Show and Bill Green who hosts Rock 'n Roll Retrospective. You get to listen, vote and possibly win a great prize from the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store. This is a two part special with both programs available for the entire month of August.
About The East West Showdown
Every year Bill Green, a native of New Jersey, and Lane Quigley, a life long Southern Californian, square off with twelve song pairings. Each round pits an east coast song against a tune from the west coast with something that connects each match up. You get to listen, pick the song round by round you like best, then email us your 'ballot'. You could win a prize from our Launching Pad store. Lane and Bill randomly select five ballet emails from all the ballots submitted. If yours is picked you win a fabulous prize from Rock-it Radio's Launching Pad store. Winners will be notified shortly after balloting closes at the end of August.
How to submit your East West Showdown votes Once you've made your round by round decisions email us at email@example.com You can copy and paste the play list below or compose your own response. Also, Lane and Bill encourage you to share your comments on the song selections. They love feedback. East West 19th Anuual Showdown Play List
Round # 1: Bell Ringers East: ___ Rainy Day Bells - The Globetrotters West: ___ Mission Bell - Donnie Brooks
Round # 2: From The Back To The Front East: ___ I Never Dreamed - The Cookies West: ___ Good Good Lovin' - The Blossoms
Round # 3: Well Known Blue Eyed Soul East: ___ Good Lovin' - The Young Rascals West: ___ Little Latin Lupe Lu - The Righteous Brothers
Round # 4: Unknown Blue Eyed Soul East: ___ Peace Of Mind - The Magnificent Men West: ___ I Idolize You - The Fabulous Wailers
Round # 5: Roots Of Rock East: ___ Flying Home - Lionel Hampton West: ___ The Honeydripper: Joe Liggins
Round # 6: For The Birds East: ___ Right Or Wrong - Ronnie Dove West: ___ Will She Think Of Me - Johnny Flamingo
Round # 7: Hurtin' For Certain East: ___ I've Been Hurt - Bill Deal & The Rhondels West: ___ Hurt - Timi Yuro
Round # 8: Twofer East: ___ Think Twice - Jackie Wilson & Lavern Baker West: ___ Two For The Price Of One - Johnny 'Guitar' Watson & Larry Williams
Round # 9: Soaring Tenors East: ___ That's My Desire - The Channels West: ___ Thinking Of You - The Jaguars
Round # 10: From C To Shining C: Columbia & Capitol Labels East: ___ Don't You Care - The Buckinghams West: ___ Teenage Crush - Tommy Sands
Round # 11: Sack Dress East: ___ No Chemise Please - Gerry Granahan West: ___ Wiggle Wiggle - The Accents
Round # 12: The Island Of Lovers Island East: ___ Island Of Love - Lee Andrews & The Hearts West: ___ Lovers Island - The Blue Jays
Thanks for 19 years of Rockiteer loyalty! Whether you're new to the East West Showdown or have been a loyal listener we thank your for participating. Have fun making your twelve song selections and good luck with the prize drawing.
(REMEMBER TO CUT AND PASTE THIS PLAYLIST WITH YOUR VOTES TO POSSIBLY WIN PRIZES AT ROCK-IT RADIO!) E MAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
=============================================== All the Rock-it Radio shows are available on CD
Each show is only $9.50 each and you can order in bulk and shipping will never be more then $2.00. Ask for a secure paypal invoice -- information is at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
============================================== 100'S OF VINTAGE ROCK AND ROLL VIDEOS ON FILE IN OUR VIDEO SITE AT ROCK-IT RADIO: CHECK IT OUT AT:
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
============================================== HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more -- We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it Radio. You can find it at: http://www.rockitradio.net/history.html
SUMMER IS COMING - THE PERFECT TIME OF YEAR TO BUY A ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRT!
Have you seen the new full line of Rock-it Radio T shirts that have been Released. 3 New designs by Rock-it Radio's own Jammin' Jan. Each Rock-it Radio T shirt is only $16.00 each plus shipping. And 100% of All monies goes to keeping Rock-it Radio Online.
NEW RELEASE IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO STORE FEATURING DJ DADDY DOO WOP
As most of you know Rock-it Radio exists and pays for it's bills from selling vintage Rock & Roll Radio Shows. We have a new one our release RIR #654. It is DJ Daddy Doo wop and his show over WSNC 90.5 FM from Winston-Salem North Carolina. from 6/9/2002 A great Doo Wop Show. Now listed in our Rock-it Store under North Carolina listings at http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
If you are not a member of Ebay that's ok e mail us
at Rockitradio@netzero.net and we will gladly send you
a non obligatory invoice to purchase the show.
The 5 CD's that would normally cost $47.50 is on sale
as a set for $34.95 and is studio quality and 100% goes
to supporting Rock-it Radio.
DRAWING & PRIZES GIVEN OUT FOR THE 19TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST SHOWDOWN
It's that time of year again starting August 1st and running until August 31st. Prizes will be drawn! To those that send in their votes and copy and paste the above ballot in this newsletter under Rock-it Radio show #5977.
At the end of August -- Lane and Bill will randomly draw 5 winners to those that had voted. Ballot is above in our playlists and on air as show #5977.
And will relay the e mail addresses to Rock-it Radio main studio here. The following winners will be announced in the Listener's club newsletter and here are the prizes and contacted via E mail.
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt (design of their choice) and their choice of 5 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store Plus! A Rock-it Radio Flashdrive of 600! Rock-it Radio Programs on it. A giant 16 gb. Flashdrive filled with these shows and a Rock-it Store value of nearly $500.00 And a copy of this show on CD. And a Rock-it Radio Bumper Sticker.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and their choice of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD. And a Rock-it Radio Bumper Sticker.
3rd Place: A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store. And a vintage Radio show of their choice from the Rock-it Radio Lauching Pad Store. And a Rock-it Radio Bumper Sticker.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show. And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast of their choice.
The results of the tallying of you the Rock-it Radio Listener's that vote will be posted in the Rock-it Radio newsletter in the first week of September. If you are not a member of the Rock-it Radio Listener's club and would like to join ... just go to our main webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net And click to the banner towards the top of the page asking you to join. It's free and we don't give out your e mail address and we don't spam. Happy Voting everyone! Here this the ballot and playlist below.
ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRTS DISCOVER MUCH BETTER TRANSFER
FOR BETTER QUALITY.
Last couple of months we started using a much easier t shirt
transfer brand. It's a bit more but we are not raising the
cost of our T shirts. The Color Quality is brighter and
bolder and holds up better in the wash. If you would
like to check out our different varieties of Rock-it Radio
CONGRATULATIONS TO ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PETE CHASTON - GETS PICKED UP BY KANSAS CITY KPGZ
Congrats to Pete Chaston as he is back on Terrestrial radio in the Kearney/ Kansas City Area as he will be on for 4 hours on a weekly show starting this September 3rd from 1 to 5 p.m. If you are in and around Kansas City make sure to give him a listen at KPGZ 102.7 FM.
MORE NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD STORE AND EBAY STORE.
Almost all of our funding for Rock-it Radio comes from the sale of vintage radio broadcasts from Rock Radio Shows from the 1950s to the 1970s. We have 4 new releases so far this month. Here is a brief description and the Ebay link to these shows. (Playlists of these vintage broadcasts can be seen in our ebay listing links below).
BUT DON'T BUY IT! You get it free from us here at Rock-it Radio. With every purchase you make from Rock-it Radio to support Rock-it Radio. All sales go to keeping Rock-it Radio online, and this is our way to sweeten the deal and say Thank you!
Thank you everyone that helps keep Rock-it Radio online and Rockin!
Your bonus CD for this month by supporting Rock-it Radio - Just purchase any Rock-it Radio items from the sites below.
**Rock-it Radio is 100% Listener supported we have no sponsors and the sale of our vintage radio broadcasts helps us to stay online and pay the copyright and broadcasting fees it takes to remain online. thank you for all your consideration.**
NEW RELEASE -- FLASHDRIVE OF ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS #5901 TO #5950. OUR 11TH FLASHDRIVE
Flashdrive #10 featuring Rock-it Radio shows #5901 - #5950 50 Rock-it Radio Shows on mp3 thumb drive (70+! hours of oldies Rock!) now released and available at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/132265859935
RECRUITING FOR RADIO PERSONALITIES FOR ROCK-IT RADIO
Do you know your 50s and 60s Rock & Roll, Doo wop or Rockabilly? And the ability to produce a show on CD? We do require a playlist for this newsletter but your show will stay online for the world for approx. 3 weeks. Unlike some stations where you broadcast one time and it's gone forever. If interested check out our Rock-it Radio Team page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/team.html
We are also looking for writers and translators!
COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans. Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK ?? FOLLOW THE LATEST AT ROCK-IT RADIO AND OUR LATEST VINTAGE BROADCAST RELEASES. Rock-it Radio has 2 Facebook pages. One for our programming online and notifications, and the other is for our vintage broadcast shows for sale.
================================================= We are in our 22nd year!!! Please share the good news with your family and friends that love original Oldies Music - We are back and Rockin' with new shows in our program page at http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html Just click the MP3 speaker to the show that has your musical interest!
================================================= WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from July 18, 2017 to August 1, 2017 We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Les Markel - Pennsylvania, USA James Katt - Oregon City, Oregon USA Brad Robinson - Somersworth, New Hampshire USA Robert Donlin - Endwell, New York USA Jo Rebelle - Villers les Nancy, France Bruce Hirsch - Evanston, Illinois USA Wayne Williams - London, United Kingdom John Fisher - Craigavon, County Armagh Ireland Hara M. - Lakksamdra, India We have gained 112 new likes in our listeners club in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at: http://facebook.com/rockitface and 25 more following us on Twitter @Rockitradio1 .
We have added a total of 146 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 90,630 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club. We hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll, Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio. Remember, we are here for you!
So if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
==================================================== PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please share the information of this station. And if you have a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio link on your page. There are a few to choose from in our link page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/links.html
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
TOP 25 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 8/1/2017
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you
hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited
just like you would of heard
it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
1. Lane Quigley Class of 1967 5 CD Set - Rock-it Radio 2. Rock-it Radio Flashdrive shows #5801 -5850 3. Rock-it Radio Flashdrive #5851 - #5900 4. RIR #168 Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 5. RIR #393 John Lennon Guest DJ - WNEW New York 1974 6. Rock-it Radio Flashdrive Shows #5601 - #5650 7. RIR #539 Cousin Brucie - WABC New York 9/7/1965 8. RIR #260 Tony The Tiger Taylor - WXQI Atlanta 4/1/1965 9. RIR #181 Wolfman Jack - XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 10. RIR #644 Dan Ingram - WABC New York 6/12/1964 10. RIR #426 Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968 12. RIR #425 Don Steele - KHJ Los Angeles 7/3/1967 13. RIR #397 Wolfman Jack - XERB Rosarito 8/1/1968 14. RIR #439 2 1965 Broadcasts of CKLW Ontario 15. RIR #312 Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 5/2/1963 16. Rock-it Radio Flashdrive #5701-#5750 17. RIR #650 Kenny Everett & Chris Denning BBC 5/20/1967 18. RIR #436 Pat Sajack - Armed Forces Vietnam Network 3/18/1969 19. RIR #205 Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 20. RIR #652 Helen Shapiro BBC - Lost Beatles Interview 21. RIR #200 Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito 10/1/1969 Pt.1 22. RIR #559 Dan Ingram - WABC New York Hr. 3 12/26/1969 23. RIR #552 Cousin Brucie - WABC New York 7/12/1963 24. RIR #356 John Landecker - WLS Chicago Pt. 1 10/11/1972 25. RIR #624 Bob Green - WKNR Detroit 3/30/1970
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out
there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name or
Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of
these broadcasts is what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank
you again to everyone that buys these!
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Come tune into the World on your computer!