As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4383 to #4390
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4383 TO #4390
It's time again for the weekly newsletter and playlists for this week. And also we have our end of the month drawing to win some Rock-it Radio prizes. And some other newsy items as well so let's get started!
And also don't forget that our vintage radio broadcasts in our rock-it radio launching pad store makes wonderful nostalgic gifts. and there is still time for us to ship. these are actual rock radio shows from the 50s thru the 70s and you can check out our list at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And your purchase is also a donation to help keep Rock-it Radio on for 2012!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK WITH A FEATURE ON THE PENGUINS INCLUDING INTERVIEW WITH CLEVE DUNCAN IN ROCK-IT RADIO #4383
The Penguins' "Earth Angel" was the first rhythm & blues song to crossover into the pop world in such a big way that it announced the beginning of what was to be called "rock n' roll." "Earth Angel" remains one of the most enduring songs in the history of recorded music and yet when it was released in late 1954, it received very little promotion from the record company. It's a rare example of a song that became a huge hit based on its own merits. The Penguins' lead vocalist, Cleve Duncan, who passed away on November 6, 2012 while waiting in line to vote, talks with Matt The Cat about The Penguins' beginnings, "Earth Angel" and the 1950s music scene. Cleve Duncan tells the Penguins' story in his own words, while Matt The Cat digs deep into the archives to pull out some surprises, like both of the Penguins' live performances from a 1956 Alan Freed show. Grab a few nickels, as we pay tribute to one of LA's great vocal groups while the juke jumps with the best of The Penguins.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Earth Angel - The Penguins - LIVE on Alan Freed's Rock n' Roll Dance Party - 1956 3. Ice - The Penguins - LIVE on Alan Freed's Rock n' Roll Dance Party - 1956 4. Interview With Cleve Duncan #1 - Matt The Cat 5. Hey Senorita - The Penguins - Dootone 1954 6. Love Will Make Your Mind Go Wild - The Penguins - Dootone 1954 7. Ookey Ook - The Penguins - Dootone 1954 8. Interview With Cleve Duncan #2 - Matt The Cat 9. Don't Do It - The Penguins - Mercury 10. Be Mine Or Be A Fool - The Penguins - Mercury 1955 11. Promises, Promises, Promises - The Penguins - Mercury 1955 12. Interview With Cleve Duncan #3 - Matt The Cat 13. Pledge Of Love - The Penguins - Atlantic 1957 14. GREAT 78 - Dealer Of Dreams - The Penguins - Wing 1956 15. Let Me Make Up Your Mind - The Penguins - Dooto 1958 16. Interview With Cleve Duncan #4 - Matt The Cat 17. Memories Of El Monte - The Penguins - Original Sound 1963 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Would you like to contact Matt and say hello or have a R&B question? Or a comment to his show or a suggestion for a future show. You can reach him online at: email@example.com
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4384
More Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's are in store on this week's Memory Lane Show. Host Lane Quigley delivers two dozen tunes that once-upon-a-time reached the upper portion of the U.S. charts, but have become forgotten over the years. Just like we heard from our transistors during the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio, this show features a wide variety of musical styles, including rockabilly, r&b, jazz, teen pop, country, doo wop, swamp pop and MOR. As always, Lane includes a handful of fascinating interview clips from the artists. These will bring back some memories for you:
1. Just A Little Too Much - Ricky Nelson #9 1959 2. Bongo Stomp - Little Joey & The Flips #33 1962 SOUND BITE 3. With This Ring - The Platters #14 1967 4. Watermelon Man - Mongo Santamaria #10 1963 5. Blue Monday - Fats Domino #5 1957 SOUND BITE 6. Wish Someone Would Care - Irma Thomas #17 1964 7. Ruby Duby Du - Tobin Matthews #30 1960 8. If I Had a Girl - Rod Lauren #31 1960 SOUND BITE 9. Midnight in Moscow - Kenny Ball & His Jazzmen #2 1962 10. Today I Met The Boy I'm Gonna Marry - Darlene Love #39 1963 11. Mercy Mercy - Don Covay #35 1964 SOUND BITE 12. Believe Me - The Royal Teens #26 1959 13. Love Makes The World Go 'Round - Deon Jackson #11 1966 14. Love Came To Me - Dion #10 1962 15. You'll Never Get To Heaven - Dionne Warwick #34 1964 SOUND BITE 16. Dottie - Danny & The Juniors #39 1958 17. 7-11 - The Gone All Stars #30 1958 18. Understand Your Man - Johnny Cash #35 1964 SOUND BITE 19. Why Do Fools Fall in Love? - The Diamonds #12 1956 20. I've Gotta Dance To Keep From Cryin' - The Miracles #35 1963-64 21. (Such An) Easy Question - Elvis Presley #11 1965 SOUND BITE 22. Take These Chains From My Heart - Ray Charles #8 1963 23. Small World - Johnny Mathis #20 1959 24. This Should Go On Forever - Rod Bernard #20 1959
Thank you once again Lane for a fabulous look at the memories of Top 40 Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would like to send hello to Lane. You can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4385
From his studios in Branson, Missouri Mike Taylor is back this week with another double set of rockabilly tunes. Twice your musical pleasure in this show as Mike spins Rockabilly Double Shots - all twin spins from some of of the wild men of rockabilly!
1. For Quite A While - Ben Hewitt 1959 2. Bundle of Love - Ben Hewitt Unissued 3. Step It Up & Go - Harmonica Frank Floyd 1954 4. Rock A Little Baby - Harmonica Frank Floyd 1958 5. Take Away Your Rosy Lips - Hardrock Gunter 1958 6. Jukebox Help Me Find My Baby - Hardrock Gunter 1956 7. Hey Jim - Jack Earls Unissued 8. Rock Bop - Jack Earl Unissued 9. Riverside Jump - Jackie Lee Cochran 1956 10. Ruby Pearl - Jackie Lee Cochran 1957 11. Eloise - Jerry Arnold Unissued 12. Slewfoot Sue - Jerry Arnold Unissued 13. Shake Baby Shake - Jesse Lee Turner 1958 14. Put Me Down - Jesse Lee Turner Unissued 15. Let Me Slide - Jimmy Patton 1960 16. Okie's In The Pokie - Jimmy Patton 1960 17. Grandpa's A Cat - Jimmy Murphy 1956 18. Here Kitty Kitty - Jimmy Murphy 1956 19. Let's Make A Block - Huelyn DuVall Unissued 20. Three Months To Kill - Huelyn DuVall 1958 21. My Baby's Gone - Jimmy Bowen Unissued 22. Warm Up To Me Baby - Jimmy Bowen 1957 23. New Shoes - Lee Denson 1957 24. Red Hot Rockin' Rally - Lee Denson Unissued
Mike loves receiving e mail and if you would like to write to him with future requests, comments or just to send a hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND AND THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY WITH MORE ROCKABILLY ON SHOW #4386
From his studios in Bendigo, Victoria Australia! Trevor Hyland is back this week with one rockin' selection of Rockabilly. This show is featuring Gene Vincent's fifth recording session for Capitol . Session number 4407 at Owen Bradley's Studio in Nashville June 27th 1956. Derron " Dinky Harris " tells the story behind his legendary "She Left Me Crying" . Carl Mann slips in with three great rockin' tracks from his latest Cd. Dinky and Carl tell how to obtain their new releases.
01. Come To My House Rock - Billy Logsdon
Gene Vincent Sessions 02. Bop Street - Gene Vincent 03. Well I Knocked Bim Bam - Gene Vincent 04. You Told A Fib - Gene Vincent 05. Jump Back, Honey, Jump Back - Gene Vincent
High School Rock & Roll 06. High School U.S.A. ( Texas ) - Tommy Facenda 07. Bop Street - Rosie Flores 08. Woman Love - Atomic Hi Tones
Dinky Harris 09. She Left Me Crying - Dinky Harris 10. Think It Over Baby - Dinky Harris 11. I Need You - Dinky Harris 12. Linda - Dinky Harris 13. Who's Gonna Rock My Baby - Dinky Harris 14. Jeannie - Dinky Harris 15. Long Tall Texan - Jerry Woodward
Grandpa & Granma Rock & Roll 16. Jammin' Granny - The Creepers
Carl Mann 17. Bull Off The Woods - Carl Mann 18. Mona Lisa - Carl Mann 19. Danny Boy - Carl Mann 20. Dominique Anglares intro ( In French ) 21. Gonna Rock & Roll Tonight - Carl Mann
Listener Request 22. I Fell For Your Line - Johnny Faire
Outer Space Spot 23 Sputnik ( The Satellite Girl ) - Mars Attacks 24. The Sputnik Story - Bill Thomas
Thanks again Trevor for a fantastic show! If you would like to reach Trevor with future rockabilly requests, comments or just a hello you can reach him at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4387
Pete is back this week with usual fun listen of Scratchy 45's - Remastered Doo Wop on CD and of course the Silly Song Segment.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. When I Woke Up This Morning-The Bop-chords (1957) 3. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer-The Melo-deers (1959) 4. Santa Town, U.S.A.-Lonnnie & The Crisis (1961) 5. Bells in the Chapel-Lonnie & The Crisis (1961) 6. by request: brief interview with The Six Teens 7. by request: A Casual Look-The Six Teens (1956) 8. Afar Into The Night-The Six Teens (1956) 9. Dancin' in the Congo (later, acappella version)-The Chandeliers (2000) 10. Little Orphan Girl-The Firebirds (from the U.K.) (2007)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. Walking With My Baba-Chaston & Groditski (2000) 12. Rusty Chevrolet-Da Yoopers (1986)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Ding Dong-The Packards (1956) 14. Seven Wonders of the World-The Keytones (1957) 15. Rockin' Santa Claus-The Martells (1959) 16. Nowhere But Heaven-In2theSon (2011)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. I Wonder Who (partial song)-The Legends of Doo-Wop (2001) 18. Walking Along-The Solitaires (1956) 19. White Christmas-The Saints (1984) 20. Come on Home-The Raindrops (circa 1959)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. Brenda-Remembrance (2003) 22. Emily-The Turks (The Hollywood Flames) (1954) 23. Merry Christmas, Darling-The Uniques (1963) 24. Sit and Cry-Remembrance (2003)
25. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
When it comes to choices in Doo Wop Music shows on today it is hard to beat the choices you get and variety that you do with the Pete Chaston Doo Wop Show. If you would like to write to Pete with Doo Wop requests, comments or just a hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: email@example.com
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4388
"MOVEMENT Part 3"
Back again with some more rip roarin' rock 'n' roll from right across the board with another in my "Movement" series where all the tracks have something to do with some form of movement i.e. running, walking, shuffling etc. - Let's get rocking!
01. Intro 02. The Trot (instrumental) - Del Reeves (58) Capitol 03. I Flipped - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps (56) Capitol 04. Race With The Devil - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps (56) Capitol 05. Run Fool Run - Bobby Lee (62) Confed 06. Move - Boyd Bennett (58) King 07. Hopscotch (instrumental) - Santo & Johnny Farina (61) Canadian American 08. We're Movin' On - Darrel Higham (M) 09. I Rise I Fall - Rick Nelson (63) Decca 10. Still Jumpin' Around - Red Hot & Blue (M) 11. Walk That Mess - Tiny Bradshaw & His Orchestra (50) King 12. Move It On Over - Hank Williams & The Drifting Cowboys (48) MGM 13. Walk Right In (The Walking Blues) - Fluffy Hunter & The Jesse Powell Orchestra (52) Federal 14. Move Me Baby - Jimmy Witherspoon & The Lamplighters (52) Federal 15. Baby Workout - Jackie Wilson (63) Brunswick 16. Running Man - Bud Landon & The Rhythm Masters (67) Belle 17. Walk Baby Walk - Johnny Neal & The Starliners (65) Pye 18. Lovers Who Wander - Dion & The Del-Satins (62) Laurie 19. I'll Walk Alone - Pat Boone (58) Dot 20. Running To You - The Mellow-Kings (59) Herald 21. Walkin' Alone - The Four Kings (58) Stomper Time 22. I'm Gone - Shirley & Lee (52) Aladdin 23. Steppin' Out Tonight - Billy Williams (58) Coral 24. Shufflin' Jive - Joe Lyons & The Arrows (59) Hit Maker 25. Wiggle Wiggle - The Accents (58) Brunswick 26. Walkin' In My Sleep - Jerry Dean & The Shades (59) Creole 27. Run Red Run - The Coasters (59) Atco 28. Up Up Up Down Down Down - The Country Four (70) Jewel 29. Outro
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================= AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH WITH EARLY FEMALE R&B VOCALISTS SPOTLIGHT ON LINDA HAYES ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4390
This show features great Female R&B from the 1940's and 50's with a special feature on unheralded and largely unknown Linda Hayes real name Bertha Williams who was sister to The Platters great lead singer Tony Williams. Linda was the first female singer for the Platters being replaced by Zola Taylor just before they recorded 'Only You' denying her the fame she might otherwise have claimed given her talent. Many tunes by this female R&B artist are featured along with other fine female R&B singers of that Era. The play list is as follows:
1. Why Johnny Why-Linda Hayes 1955 2. Let Your Tears Fall Baby-Willie Mae Thornton 1952 3. Them There Eyes-Varetta Dillard 1952 4. Don't Do Nothin' Baby-Linda Hayes 1954 5. I Know-Ruth Brown 1951 6. Change Of Heart-Linda Hayes 1954 7. Let's Babalu-Linda Hayes 1954 8. West Side Baby-Dinah Washington 1948 9. Yes I Know-Linda Hayes 1952 10. You're The Only One-Linda Hayes 1953 11. Million Dollar Secret-Helen Humes 1950 12. Double Crossing Blues-Little Esther 1950 13. Big City Part One-Linda Hayes 1952 14. Big City Blues-Part Two-Linda Hayes 1952 15. What's It To You Jack-Linda Hayes 1953 16.Lovin' Jim-Little Mickey Champion 1952 17. Take Me Back-Linda Hayes 1953 18. No Next Time-Linda Hayes 1954 19. Tears Of Joy-Etta James 1956 20. You Ain't Movin' Me-Linda Hayes 1956 21. You Don't Love Me-Camille Howard 1947 22. I Had A Dream-Linda Hayes 1956 23. Hubba Hubba - Linda Hayes 1959
Thanks Al with another great set of R&B favorites and bringing back a long lost performer to many. He sure had a ear for great sounding music! If you would like to write to Al with any requests or comments or just to say hello you can reach Al at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4390
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4390.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2012
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and
remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s
to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
AND WHEN YOU PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE IT IS A DONATION TO HELP KEEP ROCK-IT RADIO ONLINE!
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
The Tunein.com folks are awesome just for the amount of stations that they carry! If you don't have it on your iphone I sure would suggest you grab it! They should be carrying the new stream in about a week.
We have switched our audio link to a m3u format. This is a more universal stream and can be received by a wider variety of formats from iphones, ipods, podcasts and your home pc on most modern computers. Easily and automatically recognized by mp3 players etc.
============================================= A MUST SEE - THE VINTAGE MUSIC AD COLLECTION OF ANA FERNANDEZ.
For those that use facebook you really should give yourself a treat and check out the facebook page of Ana Fernandez of Galicia, Spain. She has a never ending collection it seems of concert posters, vintage art and advertising of the 50s and early 60s including much art and fashion as well. And shares them to her facebook friends on her facebook site. It truly is an impressive collection and you can view it at: https://www.facebook.com/IndyAnaFernandez
============================================= DAVE BRUBECK JAZZ GREAT PASSES AWAY AT 91
Last Wednesday on December 5th we received a e mail from Studio C with Al Smith that Dave Brubeck passed away that morning at the age of 91.
A giant in jazz has died today, Dave Brubeck.
He was as much a part of the 50's and 60's as the music we play on Rock-it.
In fact, the cool kids in my high school would claim their knowledge of his music whether that was true or not and this during a time when Rock and Roll was at its height!!
Paul Desmond who was in his quartet played Alto Sax and was simply ethereal.
============================================= NEW TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR ROCK-IT RADIO
It was painful to do after all the promotion that we had done on our previous twitter account. But after several weeks it has become obvious we are unable to restore our old account. As it was hacked into. So, we are starting from scratch once again. If you are part of Twitter please give us a follow at: http://www.twitter.com/RockitRadio1 It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
============================================= ROCK-IT RADIO NEWS SERVICE BEGINS - AND REVAMPED WITH NEW WEBPAGE ADDITION
The Rock-it Radio News Service began last week, and out to give a unbiased account of newswires across the world reporting the news. We have a scrolling screen where you can click to each story and most of the time get a link to a more in depth look of the news story by clicking to it. We will also be carrying U.S. National News - California and local Ventura County news here. You can check everything out by going to our News website at: http://www.rockitradio.net/news.html
No Advertising budget this month due to cutbacks have really halted our
new Listener's this week.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from December 1, 2012 to December 8, 2012.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ana TCB -- Jackson, Tennessee USA Michelle Venn -- Bahceli, Turkey Phil Summers -- Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom Rod MacLeod -- United Kingdom Christopher Thomas -- Nashua, New Hampshire USA
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 38 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 68,807 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SAVE THE HOLIDAY SHOPPING HASSLE THRU AMAZON DOT COM! AND SUPPORT ROCK-IT RADIO AT SAME TIME.
We have a new link on our main webpage at www.rockitradio.net towards the middle of the page - a large brown Amazon rectangle. When you click and shop here - you don't pay anymore then the usual Amazon.com site but it does give a small amount to Rock-it Radio for using that link.
I think if you start shopping at this link you will find some pretty good savings as well. Rock-it Radio is currently getting all of there office supplies from Amazon. As we generally find probably a 20% discount from Staples, Office Max and Office Depot.
Also, the electronics, music and everything under the sun they offer.
ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO.
Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth. In October we had our 2nd worse month in sales and have run in the red with losses the last two months and November has gotten to a slow start as well. So many things are happening in the world from Hurricane Sandy victims to a difficult economy and so much more, I feel guilty in mentioning this. But if you have enjoyed Rock-it Radio this past year would you please consider helping us exist? We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. These vintage shows also make great Holiday gifts to the oldies lovers in your family. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
============================================= VENTURA COUNTY LOCAL HAPPENINGS NOW AIRED ON FRIDAY MORNINGS ON ROCK-IT RADIO.
We have always marketed to a worldwide audience here at Rock-it Radio but we are going to get a little local here also, for our local listeners of Rock-it Radio. On early Friday mornings we will be airing the local social happenings here and things to do on the weekends here at Rock-it Radio. Hosted by Jocelyn at ventura101.com Come check it out at the top of our program webpage at www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD HAS FACEBOOK PAGE Rock-it
Radio now has a facebook webpage that is completely dedicated to the
vintage broadcasts we offer in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. And get
word of the latest releases and answer any questions. If you use
Facebook we invite you to come in and check it out at this rather
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #541 -- Denny Sanders - WMMS Cleveland 1/13/1978 2. RIR #539 -- Cousin Brucie -- WABC New York City 9/7/1965 3. RIR #426 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968 4. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 5. RIR #167 -- Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 3/10/1962 6. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1962 7. RIR #387 -- Joey Reynolds - WBBW Buffalo, NY Beatles Tribute 2/24/1964 8. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ - WNEW New York from 1974 9. RIR #517 -- Cousin Brucie WABC New York City 11/29/1967 10. RIR #523 -- Pat Holiday -- CKLW Windsor, Ontario 6/29/1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +0 5. France +1 6. Philippines -1 7. Netherlands +0 8. Australia +0 9. Sweden +0 10. Brazil +2 11. Japan +0 12. Mexico -2 13. Switzerland +0 14. Italy +0 15. Russia +0 16. Spain +1 17. Finland -1 18. Saudi Arabia +2 19. Norway +4 20. Belgium +1 21. Argentina -2 22. Poland +3 23. New Zealand +3 24. Czech Republic +4 25. Greece +15 26. Ireland +16 27. India +2 28. Serbia -10 29. Austria +3 30. South Africa +13 31. United Arab Emirates +2 32. Indonesia +2 33. Thailand +5 34. Romania -8 35. Israel +0 36. Turkey +3 37. Malaysia +4 38. Morocco -9 39. Slovakia -6 40. Hungary -12 41. Portugal +6 42. Ukraine +6 43. Chile -13 44. China +1 45. Singapore -6 46. Denmark +1 47. Hong Kong +14 48. Qatar +4 49. Slovenia +2 50. Colombia -20
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Massachusetts +1 6. Illinois -1 7. Ohio +0 8. Texas +0 9. North Carolina +0 10. Maryland +0 11. New Jersey +0 12. Oregon +0 13. Wisconsin +1 14. Indiana +2 15. Alabama +6 16. Michigan +2 17. Georgia -5 18. Missouri -1 19. Virginia -4 20. Washington +2 21. Connecticut +2 22. Arizona -2 23. Minnesota -2 24. Kentucky +0 25. Oklahoma +0 26. Colorado +1 27. Tennessee +2 28. Rhode Island +0 29. Arkansas -4 30. District of Columbia +0 31. South Carolina +0 32. Iowa +0 33. West Virginia +1 34. Nevada +3 35. Louisiana -2 36. Wyoming +2 37. New Hampshire +3 38. Delaware +1 39. New Mexico -4 40. Kansas -7 41. Idaho +0 42. Vermont +0 43. Nebraska +4 44. Maine -1 45. Utah -1 46. Missisippi -1 47. Hawaii +3 48. Montana -3 49. North Dakota -1 50. Alaska -1 51. South Dakota +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!