As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Friday, November 30, 2012
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4372 to #4382
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4372 TO #4382
Can you believe another week has flown by? Well we have added a new look to our Newsletter webpage and hopefully I think it is functioning ok. We have some sad news on some passings this past week. And we have a walloping eleven new shows this week in our program page. We have also added 7 new vintage radio broadcasts in our Launching Pad this week. So, let's get started!
And also don't forget that our vintage radio broadcasts in our rock-it radio launching pad store makes wonderful nostalgic gifts. and there is still time for us to ship. these are actual rock radio shows from the 50s thru the 70s and you can check out our list at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And your purchase is also a donation to help keep Rock-it Radio on for 2012!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4372
Come join Lane Quigley as he rambles, stomps, swings, gets rambunctious and goes bumpity bump and mope-itty-mope, all on this week's Memory Lane Show. Along with featuring great music and sound bites from performers, Lane shares some personal memories and says goodbye to Cleve Duncan of The Penguins who passed away earlier this month.
1. Midnight Ramblin' Tonight - H-Bomb Ferguson 1961 2. Idol With a Golden Head - The Coasters 1957 SOUND BITE 3. Peppermint Man - Dick Dale 1962 4. Three-Thirty-Three - The Drifters 1954 5. Blue Ribbon Baby - Tommy Sands 1958 SOUND BITE 6. Whenever a Teenager Cries - Reparata & The Delrons 1965 7. Candy To Me - Eddie Holland 1964 8. Your Cash Ain't Nothin' But Trash - The Clovers SOUND BITE 9. Mope-Itty-Mope Stomp - The Dovells 1962 10. Here Comes The Night - Jimmy Norman 1961 11. El Baion - Joe Loco 1955 SOUND BITE 12. Baby Let's Make Some Love - The Penguins 1955 13. Love Will Make Your Mind Go Wild - The Penguins 1955 14. Thunderbird - Hal Paige 1957 SOUND BITE 15. (It Never Happens) In Real Life - Chuck Jackson 1961 16. Bumpity Bump - Smiley Lewis 1955 17. Swingin' School - Bobby Rydell 1960 SOUND BITE 18. Cry Like I Cried - The Harptones 1957 19. Ram-Bunk-Shus - Bill Doggett 1957 20. Tell Me Baby - Garnett Mimms 1964 21. Two Months Out of School - Carl Bonafede 1960 SOUND BITE 22. Black Night - Charles Brown 1951 23. It'll Never Be Over For Me - Baby Washington 1963
Thank you once again Lane for a fabulous look at the memories of Top 40 Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would like to send hello to Lane. You can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK WITH A FEATURE ON MARVIN PHILLIPS IN ROCK-IT RADIO #4373
Marvin Phillips is important to post WWII rhythm & blues, because he, along with Jesse Belvin helped to popularize the R&B duo. Jesse and Marvin scored an enormous hit in 1952 with the ballad, "Dream Girl," thus paving the way for future R&B duos like Shirley & Lee, Gene & Eunice, Robert & Johnny, Don & Dewey and Marvin's own, Marvin & Johnny. This week's "Juke In The Back" takes a look at Marvin Phillips' impressive career, from his first record in 1950, singing lead with Richard Lewis & The Barons to Marvin & Johnny's short stint on Aladdin Records in 1957. Along the way, Jesse Belvin weaves in and out of Marvin's singing career and a diverse array of records are recorded. Matt The Cat spotlights this oft unsung hero of Los Angeles R&B, Marvin Phillips, on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Forever - Richard Lewis & The Barons - Modern 1950 3. Tall, Brown Woman - Big Jay McNeely w/ 3 Dots & A Dash - Imperial 1951 4. Wine Woogie - Marvin Phillips & The Men From Mars - Specialty 1952 5. Dream Girl - Jesse & Marvin - Specialty 1952 6. Baby Doll - Marvin & Johnny & The Marsmen - Specialty 1953 7. Salty Dog - Marvin Phillips - Swing Time 1953 8. Anna Marie - Marvin Phillips - Swing Time 1954 9. How Long She Been Gone - Marvin & Johnny & The Marsmen - Specialty 1954 10. Cherry Pie - Marvin & Johnny - Modern 1954 11. Tick Tock - Marvin & Johnny - Modern 1954 12. Kiss Me - Marvin & Johnny - Modern 1954 13. GREAT 78 - Ain't That Right - Marvin & Johnny - Modern 1955 14. Ko Ko Mo - Marvin & Johnny - Modern 1955 15. Will You Love Me - Marvin & Johnny - Modern 1955 16. Have Mercy Miss Percy - Long Tall Marvin - Modern 1956 17. Yak Yak - Marvin & Johnny - Aladdin 1957 18. Sweet Dreams - Marvin & Johnny - Modern 1955 19. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Would you like to contact Matt and say hello or have a R&B question? Or a comment to his show or a suggestion for a future show. You can reach him online at: email@example.com
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4374
"BOP-BOOGIE-JIVE & SMOOCH"
Back with some more rip roaring rock and roll from right across the board that includes Doo Wop, Boogie, Mainstream Rock 'n' Roll, Rockabilly and my regular Smooch spot.
01. Intro 02. Windy City Boogie - J.T. Brown (51) United Records 03. Trust In Me - Fats Domino (52) Imperial 04. Bennie Hess Boogie - Bennie Hess (50) Opera 05. Jitterbuggin' - The Five Bops (58) Dot 06. You Know Baby - The Fabulous Swingtones (58) ABC-Paramount 07. Du-Bi-A-Do - The Falcons (55) Flip 08. Ooh Bop She Bop - The Dukes (54) Specialty 09. I'm Left You're Right She's Gone - Elvis Presley (54) Sun 10. God Bless Rock And Roll - Bill Haley & His Comets (79) Decca 11. Brand New Beat - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps (57) Capitol 12. Lewis Boogie - Jerry Lee Lewis (58) Sun 13. Wild Willie - Annette Funicello (59) Vista 14. Sweet Willie - Barbara Allen (58) Decca 15. I'm A Woman - Christine Kittrell (62) VeeJay 16. If My Pillow Could Talk - Connie Francis (63) MGM 17. Make Believe World - Pearl McKinnion & The Kodaks (57) Fury 18. United - The Lovenotes (57) Holiday 19. One More Chance - Charles & Carl (55) Red Robin 20. Gleam In Your Eyes - The Channels (56) Whirlin' Disc 21. I Don't Love You No More - Jimmy Norman (62) Little Star 22. I Sat And Cried - Jimmy Nelson (61) Kent 23. Rockin' Jalopy - The Alabama Kid (65) Varsity 24. Hey Pretty Baby - Rochell & The Candles (61) Swingin' 25. Would Ja - Glen Glenn (58) Era 26. Gone Gone Gone - Charlie Feathers (68) 27. Cattin' Around - Charlie Adams (55) Columbia 28. Put Something In The Pot Boy - The Five Strings (55) Columbia 29. Soul Twist (instrumental) - King Curtis & The Noble Knights (62) Enjoy 30. Outro
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4375
From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs with entries from the US, the UK, the Netherlands, Sweden, Canada, Samoa and Denmark. So put on your rock & roll shoes and have fun!
1. Drive in show - Eddie Cochran - 1957 2. Last night at a party - Faron Young - 1958 3. Don't lie to me - The Ranch Girls & the Ragtime Wranglers - 2002 4. Buddy - Jackie Dee - 1958 5. Rock little baby - The Tielman Brothers - 1960 6. Clickety Clack - Jerry Irby & the Texas Ranchers - 1956 7. Crazy little Daisy - Dick Lory - 1958 8. Don't be square - Danny Wild & the Wildcats - 1978 9. Stood up - Ricky Nelson - 1957 10. That's Joe - Dottie & the Wolfpack - 2003 11. Leroy - Jack Scott - 1958 12. Hang loose - Tommy Spurlin - 1956 13. Hang loose - Whirlwind - 1978 14. Heart of a fool - Jerry Capeheart - 1956 15. I don't wanna leave - Deacon & the Rock & Rollers - 1959 16. I think I've fallen in love - Jet Black - 1995 17. It's no wonder - Huelyn Duval - 1959 18. Bullmoose - The Keil Isles - 1959 19. Every night - The Blue Moon Rockers - 2003 20. What you've done to me - Otto Brandenburg - 1959 21. Whirlwind - Charlie Rich - 1958 22. Yaki taki oowah - Gigantjes - 1985 23. You've got everything - Peanuts Wilson - 1958 24. True love will come your way - Billy Adams - 1958 25. What to do - Buddy Holly - 1956 26. Violetta - The Rollers - 1962
Another Rockin' Show from the Netherlands! Thanks so much Jack! If you would like to write to Jack with any future requests, or a comment to say Hello! You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4376
Pete is back this week with usual fun listen of Scratchy 45's - Remastered Doo Wop on CD and of course the Silly Song Segment.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Everyday of the Week-The Students (1958) 3. My Vow to You-The Students (1958) 4. Zoom Zoom Zoom-The Collegians (1957) 5. Pretty Pretty Girl-The Timetones (1961) 6. Suspicious of You, Baby-The Dolls (1958) 7. Dance Girl-The Charts (1957 & 1961) 8. Wild Cherry-The Chandeliers (1957) 9. Begin the Beguine-The Avalons (1963) 10. Baby Oh Baby-The Shells (1957 & 1960)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. A Dog Named Zippo-Da Yoopers (xxxx) 12. Counting the Days-from Sesame Street (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Hushabye-The Mystics (1959) 14. Can I Come Over Tonight-The Velours (1957) 15. Forgot You Were There-In2theSon (2011) 16. I Love You So-The Crows (1954)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Liar-The Regents (1961) 18. The Day You're Mine-The Pretenders (1962) 19. Sunday Kind of Love-The Sentimentals (1958) 20. Bubble Gum-Ricky & The Vacels (1962)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. The Closer You Are-The Channels (1956) 22. Closer to Me-The Charades (1964) 23. My Saddest Hour-The Five Keys (1953) 24. Crazy for You-The Heartbeats (1955) 25. The Gleam in Your Eye-The Channels (1956) 26. Way Over There-The Miracles (1959)
When it comes to choices in Doo Wop Music shows on today it is hard to beat the choices you get and variety that you do with the Pete Chaston Doo Wop Show. If you would like to write to Pete with Doo Wop requests, comments or just a hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BILL GREEN AND THE GIANT JUKEBOX IN THE ROCK AND ROLL RETRO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4377
Time to head into orbit with Retro Show host Bill Green and his Giant Juke Box. Some of the great music on this show includes songs by two Temptations and two Supremes groups. You'll be making a visit to the Island of Lost Records. Bill also will shine the spotlight on the very short career and life of R & B singer James Ray. Be sure to take this fine Rock-it ride.
1) Ain't Too Proud To Beg - The Temptations (1966) 2) Stop In The Name Of Love - The Supremes (1965) 3) I'm Gonna Make You Love Me - The Temptations & The Supremes (1968-69) 4) Barbara - The Temptations (1960) 5) Darling, Listen To The Words Of This Song - Ruth McFadden & The Supremes (1955) 6) Village Of Love - Nathaniel Mayer & The Fabulous Twighlights (1962) 7) Pain In My Heart - The Dells (1957) 8) Tonight I Fell In Love - The Tokens (1961) 9) Tonight I Met An Angel - The Chiffons (1964) 10) Give Me The Right - Elvis Presley (1961) 11) One Summer Night - The Danleers (1958) 12) Starting All Over Again - Mel and Tim (1972) 13) Itty Bitty Pieces - James Ray (1962) 14) I Got My Mind Set On You - James Ray (1963) 15) If You Got To Make A Fool Of Somebody - James Ray (1961) 16) The Story Of My Love - Maureen Gray (1963) 17) Down In The Alley - The Clovers (1957) 18) On My Word Of Honor - The Platters (1957) 19) One In A Million - The Platters (1957) 20) Sea Cruise - Frankie Ford (1957) 21) I Need Someone - Jay Dee Bryant & The Magic Knights (1960) 22) Why - The Travelers (1958) 23) Anything For You - The Furys (1958) 24) In The Still Of The Night - The Five Satins (1956)
Thanks Bill for another great set of oldies for us here along with the Giant Jukebox. If you would like to write to Bill with requests, comments or send a big Hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== THE ROCKABILLY RHYTHM SHOW WITH TED LOUKES FROM SOUTH AFRICA ON SHOW #4379
From the Southern Tip of Africa comes a very cool rockabilly cat with some awesome rockabilly tunes. It's time once again for The Rockabilly Rhythm Show with host Ted Loukes. Here is what you will hear when you click to listen to show #4379 in our program webpage.
01 The Way I Walk - Jack Scott (1959) 02 Get Hot or Go Home - John Kerby (1964) 03 Who Do You Love - Ronnie Hawkins (1963) 04 Wild Wild Women - Johnny Carroll (1956) 05 Bang Bang - Janis Martin (1958) 06 Tennessee Rhythm - Ted Newton (1964) 07 Spin the Bottle - Benny Joy (1958) 08 Worried 'Bout You Baby - Maylon Humphries (?) 09 Black Slacks - Joe Bennett (1957) 10 Cast Iron Arm - Peanuts Wilson (1957) 11 Rock Crazy Baby - Art Adams & The Rhythm Knights (1959) 12 Hot Shot - Ronnie Pearson (1957) 13 Long Gone Daddy - Pat Cupp (1956) 14 If You Can't Rock Me - The Strikes (1956) 15 Hip Shakin' Baby - Roy Brown (1958) 16 Knocked Out Joint On Mars - Buck Trail (1958) 17 Get With It - Charlie Feathers (1956) 18 Red Headed Woman - Sonny Burgess (1956) 19 Get Rhythm - Johnny Cash (1956) 20 Oakie Boogie - Hank Swatley (?) 21 Rockin' by Myself - Sammy Gowans (1958) 22 Black Cadillac - Joyce Green (1960) 23 You're My Baby - Roy Orbison (1956) 24 Race Track Boogie - Renaud Veluzat (1960) 25 Half Ton Mama - Joe, Ron & George (?) 26 Sneaky Pete - Sonny Fisher (1955) 27 High Steppin' Daddy - Dallas Wilson (?) 28 Rocky Road Blues - Cliff Davis (1956) 29 I Dreamed I Was Elvis - Sonny Cole (1957)
Thanks so much for another Rockin' Show Ted! If you would like to write to Ted with a future Rockabilly request or just to say hello you can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== TONY WARNER AND THE TIMELESS TRACKS SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4379
Tony Warner & Timeless Tracks blends a mix of R&B, Doo-Wop, Rockabilly and Teen Pop from the late 50's and early 60s as you would've heard it on the radio back then. In this show Tony talks with Brenda Lee about her first #1 hit and how it was not even a song Brenda was to record because of her 'young, tender' age! Also, Tony plays many songs that saw very little 'light of day'. From the Hits to the Forgotten to the Unknown, Tony plays it all in every show.
Here's the playlist for this edition of Timeless Tracks with Tony Warner:
1. The Fly - Chubby Checker 2. Nadine - Chuck Berry 3. Madison, Pt 1 - Ray Bryant Combo 4. A Love For Only You - Stereos 5. I'm Coming On Back To You - Jackie Wilson 6. Work With Me Annie - Hank Ballard/Midnighters 7. Punish Her - Bobby Vee 8. A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening - 4 Graduates (Happenings) 9. Sixty Minute Man - Dominoes 10. Tammy - Ames Bros. 11. I Want You To Meet My Baby - Eydie Gorme 12. Interview with Brenda Lee - IÊ¼m Sorry 13. Won't You Return - Jeff Low 14. She say Omm-Dooby-Doom - Diamonds 15. Paper Tiger - Sue Thompson 16. Why Don't You Write Me - Jacks 17. B-I-Bicky-Bo-Go - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 18. Devil Womjan - Marty Robins 19. Johnny Angel - Laurie Loman 20. Mystery Train - Little Jr. Parker 21. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom - Collegians 22. A Wonder Like You - Rick Nelson 23. Tell Him - Dru-Vels (Patti Drew) 24. Her Royal Majesty - James Darrin 25. The Girl I Love - Cadillacs
What a great selection and thank you for all the great tunes Tony! If you would like to write to Tony and wish him welcome aboard, a future request, comment or just to say Hi! You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH AND FOCUS OF 'END' RECORDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4380
This show is a tribute to the 'Last of the Great Blues Shouters' Bob 'H-Bomb' Ferguson. A contemporary of Big Joe Turner, Wynonie Harris and Roy Brown he is given little credit in helping in the development of Rock and Roll. This is probably the result of the fact that he could sound like Wynonie Harris and was made to do that by some of the record companies that employed him. This caused him to be dismissed as a Harris clone. As we shall see he was much more than that and deserves to be among those considered to be early pioneers of Rock and Roll.
1. Slowly Going Crazy-H-Bomb Ferguson 1951 2. Bookie's Blues-H-Bomb Ferguson 1952 3. Big City Blues-H-Bomb Ferguson 1951 4. Hot Kisses-H-Bomb Ferguson 1952 5. Hard Lovin' Woman-H-Bomb Ferguson 1950 6. Wine Head Woman-H-Bomb Ferguson 1950 7. Rock H-Bomb Rock-H-Bomb Ferguson 1951 8. I Love My Baby-H-Bomb Ferguson 1951 9. Preachin' Blues-H-Bomb Ferguson 1952 10. Bloodshot Eyes-Wynonie Harris 1951 11. My Love-H-Bomb Ferguson 1951 12. Feel Like I Do-H-Bomb Ferguson 1951 13. Good Lovin'-H-Bomb Ferguson 1952 14. Give It Up-H-Bomb Ferguson 1952 15. New Way Blues-H-Bomb Ferguson 1952 16. Life Is Hard-H-Bomb Ferguson 1952 17. Tortured Love-H-Bomb Ferguson/ Varetta Dillard 1952 18. She's Been Gone Too Long-H-Bomb Ferguson 1953 19. Spaghetti and Meatball-H-Bomb Ferguson 1958 20. No Sackie Sack-H-Bomb Ferguson 1958 21. Midnight Rambling-H-Bomb Ferguson 1959 22. I'm So Lonely-H-Bomb Ferguson 1959 23. Mary Little Mary-H-Bomb Ferguson 1959 24. I'm Crying Boo Hoo-H-Bomb Ferguson 1959
Thanks Al with another great set of George Goldner's record labels. He sure had a ear for great sounding music! If you would like to write to Al with any requests or comments or just to say hello you can reach Al at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4381
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4381.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4382
Cool Bobby B is back this week with more of that ever lovin' harmony of Doo Wop that swept the U.S. Charts and the rarities too of the 50s and early 60s and even some groups out there today. Unfortunately we don't have the playlist for this show but if you know it's Cool Bobby B it has to be the ultimate!
If you would like to write to Cool Bobby B you can contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org And please make sure you let him know you heard him here on Rock-it Radio.
============================================== GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2012
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and
remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s
to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
AND WHEN YOU PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE IT IS A DONATION TO HELP KEEP ROCK-IT RADIO ONLINE!
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
The Tunein.com folks are awesome just for the amount of stations that they carry! If you don't have it on your iphone I sure would suggest you grab it! They should be carrying the new stream in about a week.
We have switched our audio link to a m3u format. This is a more universal stream and can be received by a wider variety of formats from iphones, ipods, podcasts and your home pc on most modern computers. Easily and automatically recognized by mp3 players etc.
============================================= UPDATE IN NEWSLETTER WEBPAGE OF ROCK-IT RADIO
To save time and hopefully add a bit more to our newsletter website of Rock-it Radio - We have embedded our blog which is pretty much a repeat of what was placed on our Newsletter. With this new embedding of our blog - we can give small updates or alerts during the mid week if anything is coming up. Just basically combining two services into one. And archived newsletter should be more easily accessed. Our Newsletter webpage can be found at: http://www.rockitradio.net/newsletter.html
============================================= DOO WOP GREAT EARL 'SPEEDO' CARROLL PASSES AWAY AT 75.
Earlier this week - we received this bit of Sad News from Matt the Cat.
It is with great sadness that I report that Earl "Speedo" Carroll of the Cadillacs and Coasters died the morning of November 25th in NYC at 75. I was fortunate enough to interview Earl on his 70th birthday in 2007 and will immediately begin putting together a "Juke In The Back" on The Cadillacs to air next week. This death hits close to home for me as I've always loved the Cadillacs and Earl was one of the nicest guys I ever met. When we broke this story earlier this week in our facebook site many listener's replied of the great memories they had of him and some mentioned they had just seem him the night before on PBS. In the Doo Wop specials they host.
============================================= MICKEY OF MICKEY AND SYLVIA PASSES AWAY
Matt the Cat also reported that: One of the greatest session guitar players of ALL-TIME, Mickey Baker, passed away on November 27th in France at age 87. He will always be remembered as the Mickey in Mickey & Silvia, but you rock n' rollers know how deep his guitar sound goes...deep into records by The Drifters, Ray Charles, Louis Jordan, Big Joe Turner and even Coleman Hawkins. Mickey's dream early on was to be a jazz guitarist. He went a whole lot further as one of R&B and early Rock n' Roll's go-to guitar Gods. His music partner of the 50s Sylvia Robinson passed away earlier this year.
============================================= NEW TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR ROCK-IT RADIO
It was painful to do after all the promotion that we had done on our previous twitter account. But after several weeks it has become obvious we are unable to restore our old account. As it was hacked into. So, we are starting from scratch once again. If you are part of Twitter please give us a follow at: http://www.twitter.com/RockitRadio1 It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
============================================= ROCK-IT RADIO NEWS SERVICE BEGINS - AND REVAMPED WITH NEW WEBPAGE ADDITION
The Rock-it Radio News Service began last week, and out to give a unbiased account of newswires across the world reporting the news. We have a scrolling screen where you can click to each story and most of the time get a link to a more in depth look of the news story by clicking to it. We will also be carrying U.S. National News - California and local Ventura County news here. You can check everything out by going to our News website at: http://www.rockitradio.net/news.html
No Advertising budget this month due to cutbacks have really halted our
new Listener's this week.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from November 24, 2012 to November 30, 2012.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Tony Horne - Worcester, United Kingdom Richard Simmons -- Cloverdale, Indiana USA Nancy Cruz -- Anaheim, California USA Alan -- Elk Horn, Wisconsin USA
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 79 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 68,769 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAVE THE HOLIDAY SHOPPING HASSLE THRU AMAZON DOT COM! AND SUPPORT ROCK-IT RADIO AT SAME TIME.
We have a new link on our main webpage at www.rockitradio.net towards the middle of the page - a large brown Amazon rectangle. When you click and shop here - you don't pay anymore then the usual Amazon.com site but it does give a small amount to Rock-it Radio for using that link.
I think if you start shopping at this link you will find some pretty good savings as well. Rock-it Radio is currently getting all of there office supplies from Amazon. As we generally find probably a 20% discount from Staples, Office Max and Office Depot.
Also, the electronics, music and everything under the sun they offer.
ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO.
Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth. In October we had our 2nd worse month in sales and have run in the red with losses the last two months and November has gotten to a slow start as well. So many things are happening in the world from Hurricane Sandy victims to a difficult economy and so much more, I feel guilty in mentioning this. But if you have enjoyed Rock-it Radio this past year would you please consider helping us exist? We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. These vintage shows also make great Holiday gifts to the oldies lovers in your family. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
============================================= VENTURA COUNTY LOCAL HAPPENINGS NOW AIRED ON FRIDAY MORNINGS ON ROCK-IT RADIO.
We have always marketed to a worldwide audience here at Rock-it Radio but we are going to get a little local here also, for our local listeners of Rock-it Radio. On early Friday mornings we will be airing the local social happenings here and things to do on the weekends here at Rock-it Radio. Hosted by Jocelyn at ventura101.com Come check it out at the top of our program webpage at www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD HAS FACEBOOK PAGE Rock-it
Radio now has a facebook webpage that is completely dedicated to the
vintage broadcasts we offer in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. And get
word of the latest releases and answer any questions. If you use
Facebook we invite you to come in and check it out at this rather
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #541 -- Denny Sanders - WMMS Cleveland 1/13/1978 2. RIR #539 -- Cousin Brucie -- WABC New York City 9/7/1965 3. RIR #426 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968 4. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 5. RIR #167 -- Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 3/10/1962 6. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1962 7. RIR #387 -- Joey Reynolds - WBBW Buffalo, NY Beatles Tribute 2/24/1964 8. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ - WNEW New York from 1974 9. RIR #517 -- Cousin Brucie WABC New York City 11/29/1967 10. RIR #523 -- Pat Holiday -- CKLW Windsor, Ontario 6/29/1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +0 5. Philippines +0 6. France +0 7. Netherlands +2 8. Australia -1 9. Sweden -1 10. Mexico +1 11. Japan -1 12. Brazil +2 13. Switzerland +0 14. Italy -2 15. Russia +0 16. Finland +0 17. Spain +0 18. Serbia +0 19. Argentina +0 20. Saudi Arabia +0 21. Belgium +0 22. Norway +4 23. Morocco +1 24. Colombia -1 25. Poland +5 26. New Zealand +1 27. Peru -6 28. Czech Republic +10 29. India -4 30. Hungary +3 31. Chile -3 32. Austria +10 33. United Arab Emirates -3 34. Indonesia +5 35. Israel +0 36. Croatia +0 37. Singapore +4 38. Thailand -6 39. Turkey +5 40. Greece -12 41. Malaysia +5 42. Ireland -8 43. South Africa +6 44. Romania -2 45. China -10 46. Portugal -7 47. Denmark +3 48. Ukraine -4 49. Bulgaria -1 50. Latvia +6
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +1 4. Pennsylvania -1 5. Illinois +0 6. Massachusetts +2 7. Ohio +0 8. Texas -2 9. North Carolina +0 10. Maryland +0 11. New Jersey +0 12. Oregon +0 13. Georgia +1 14. Wisconsin +2 15. Virginia +7 16. Indiana -3 17. Missouri +2 18. Michigan -4 19. Arizona +2 20. Minnesota -3 21. Alabama -6 22. Washington -8 23. Connecticut +0 24. Kentucky +0 25. Oklahoma +0 26. Arkansas +2 27. Colorado +0 28. Rhode Island -2 29. Tennessee +0 30. District of Columbia +1 31. South Carolina -1 32. Iowa +0 33. Louisiana +0 34. West Virginia +0 35. New Mexico +1 36. Kansas +1 37. Nevada -2 38. Wyoming +2 39. Delaware +0 40. New Hampshire -2 41. Idaho +3 42. Vermont +3 43. Maine -3 44. Utah +2 45. Mississippi -7 46. Montana +1 47. Nebraska -3 48. North Dakota +0 49. Alaska +1 50. Hawaii -1 51. South Dakota +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!