As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter Shows #4427 to #4436
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4427 TO #4436
Well I think we have lost an entire week of programming this past week here at Rock-it Radio. I first got a nasty infection in a couple of my teeth where I never have dental problems, and then our computer crashed. So, we decided our system is so antiquated and with a twist of the arm of the salesman - We are now doing Windows 7 and a faster computer and hopefully less headaches. Anyways, So much old software has been lost going from XP to Windows 7. And learning new similar systems to run the station has slowed things down a bit. But we do have 10 new shows to list here. So, let's get started.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4427
Lots of hot rockin' RnB and Rock n' Roll await you on this week's Memory Lane Show. Along with some great memories from the 50's & early 60's, host Lane Quigley delivers some fascinating interivew clips telling the backstories to the music. Get ready to bop, stroll and twist with these great sides:
1. Looking For a Love - The Valentinos 1962 2. Thirteen Women - Dickie Thompson 1954 SOUND BITES 3. Sheâ€™s My Angel - Randy & The Rainbows 1963 4. Dance With Mr. Domino - Fats Domino 1962 5. I Wanna - The Platters 1957 SOUND BITE 6. How Is Julie? - The Lettermen 1962 7. The Clock - Lee Andrews & The Hearts 1957 8. Something You Got - Alvin Robinson 1964 SOUND BITE 9. That's All Right Mama - Elvis Presley 1954 10. He Was Really Sayin' Somethin' - The Velvelettes 1964 11. I Wanna Hug Ya, Kiss Ya, Squeeze Ya - Bullmoose Jackson 1955 SOUND BITES 12. I Vibrate (From My Head To My Feet) - Conway Twitty 1958 13. Boogie Woogie Country Girl - Joe Turner 1956 14. It's Obdacious - Buddy Johnson 1955 15. You're Welcome Back - The Sham-ettes 1967 SOUND BITE 16. The Sheik of Araby - The Colts 1959 17. Harlem Nocturne - The Viscounts 1959 18. I Know It's Hard But It's Fair - The 5 Royales 1959 SOUND BITE 19. That's What The Good Book Says - The Robins 1950 20. Goodbye So Long - Ike & Tina Turner 1965 21. Shoo Do Be Doo (My Lovin' Baby) - Bobby Lester & The Moonlighters 1954 22. You Pulled a Fast One - The V.I.P.s 1964 SOUND BITE 23. Thinking of You - The Jaguars 1959 24. Here Come Those Heartaches - The Tripps
Thanks Lane for another great show of Top 40 Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to say Hello! You can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH AND PART II OF THE OKEH RECORDS STORY ON SHOW #4428
This show continues my feature on the Okeh record label out of New York. Reactivated in 1951 by Columbia Records to be a label that would feature R&B it would ,under the direction of Danny Kessler, employ and record some of the greatest black artists of the era circa 1951-1957. This show features many of them.
The play list is as follows:
1. I Rule My House-Chuck Willis 1951 2. Poontang-The Treniers 1952 3. Way Back Home-Big Maybelle 1952 4. If You Ever Had The Blues-Earl Williams 1951 5. Catch 'Em Young Treat 'Em Rough Tell 'Em Nothing-The Bill Davis Trio 1951 6. Pinocchio's Blues-Pinocchio James 1951 7. Jump Back Honey-Hadda Brooks 1952 8. Cry-Johnny Ray 1951 9. She Didn't Say Nothin' At All-Johnny Ray 1951 10. Three Ball Sam-Pearl Traylor with Chuck Thomas 1951 11. Come On Daddy(Let's Go Play Tonight) 1951 12. You're Cash Ain't NothiN' But Trash-Big John and The Buzzards 1954 13. Oop Shoop-Big John and The Buzzards 1954 14. My Lonely Room-Titus Turner 1954 15. Cow Cow Blues-Paul Gayten-1953 16. Leave It To Me-Annie Laurie 1953 17. Iâ€™ll Be Sittinâ€™, Iâ€™ll Be Rockinâ€™-Larry Darnell 1952 18. Peanuts-Little Joe and The Thrillers 1957 19. Creole Alley-Paul Gayten w/Lee Allen 1954 20. Give Me One More Drink-Sammy Cotton 1953 21. My Heart's Been Broke Again-Chuck Willis 1954 22. The Other Night-Big Maybelle 1955 23. Trapped In A Web Of Love-The Treniers 1954
Part III of this historic broadcast will be airing this coming week here at Rock-it Radio so keep an eye out for it. Thanks Al for a cool insight on some early 50s R&B on the Okeh Label. If you have any requests, or comments or would just like to say Hi to Al. You can reach the cool daddy at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4429
Pete is back this week with usual fun listen of Scratchy 45's - Remastered Doo Wop on CD and of course the Silly Song Segment. It's always great doo wop music that only Pete Chaston can deliver! Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Little Boy and Girl-The Kodoks (aka The Kodaks) (1957) 3. Oh Gee, Oh Gosh-The Kodoks (aka The Kodaks) (1958) 4. Teenager's Dream-The Kodoks (aka The Kodaks) (1957) 5. Dip Dip-The Beau-Jives (1962) 6. All Night Long-The Chessmen (mid 1960s) 7. Never Let You Go-The Five Discs (1962) 8. I Remember-The Five Discs (1958) 9. Sing a Song of Sixpence-The Corvairs (xxxx) 10. Whoa, Mabel-The Enchanters (1957)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. It's a Gas (disco version)-from MAD Magazine (1980) 12. The James Brown Polka
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Suspicious of You, Baby-The Dolls (1958) 14. So Good-The Slades (1956) 15. Wiggle Wobble (instrumental)-Les Cooper & The Soul Rockers (1962) 16. My Juanita-the Crests (xxxx)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. At My Front Door-The El Dorados (1955) 18. She Don't Run Around-The El Dorados (xxxx) 19. Goodnight Baby-The Imaginations (1961) 20. Hey Senorita-The Dell-Vikings (from 1956 audition tapes)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. I Knew From the Start-The Firebirds (from the U.K.) (2011) 22. Since You've Gone-The Diablos (xxxx) 23. Love No One But You-The Jesters (1957) 24. Seeing is Believing-The Aquatones (2000) 25. The Closer You Are-The Channels (1956) 26. These Golden Rings-The Jive Five (1962)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
When it comes to choices in Doo Wop Music shows on today it is hard to beat the choices you get and variety that you do with the Pete Chaston Doo Wop Show. If you would like to write to Pete with Doo Wop requests, comments or just a hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: email@example.com
============================================== TONY WARNER AND THE TIMELESS TRACKS SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4430
Tony Warner & Timeless Tracks blends a mix of R&B, Doo-Wop, Rockabilly and Teen Pop from the late 50¹s and early 60s as you would¹ve heard it on the radio back then.
In this show Tony talks with the ³Ice Man², Jerry Butler, on just how ³For Your Precious Love² came to be. It¹s a song without ³a hook²...no chorus...all verse. There¹s a reason for that Jerry will tell us.
From the Hits to the Forgotten to the Unknown, Tony plays it all in every show.
Here¹s the playlist for this edition of Timeless Tracks with Tony Warner:
1. Again - Mystics 2. Chonnie On Chon - James Brown 3. Marlena - Four Seasons 4. Chapel of Dreams - Dubs 5. Stay With Me - Ed Townsend 6. Heartbreak - Jon Thomas 7. Mediterranean - Moon Rays 8. I Need A Girl - Righteous Bros. 9. Here Am I Broken-Hearted - 4-J¹s 10. Be A Slave - Vocalteens 11. Jump In The Line - Harry Belafonte 12. Interview - For Your Precious Love - Jerry Butler 13. The Enchanted Sea - Santo & Johnny 14. Mary Lou - Ronnie Hawkins/Hawks 15. She¹s Not You - Elvis Presley 16. Look For A Star - Gary Miles 17. Rocket Ride Johnny - Greco 18. Hi Yo Silver - Bobby Lee Trammel 19. Teach Me Tiger - April Stevens 20. Let It Please Be You - The Desires 21. String Along - Rick Nelson 22. Baby, Baby, All The Time - Superbs 23. Try Me Pretty Baby - Robert & Johnny 24. A-Rang, A-Rang, A-Lang - The Montells 25. I¹d Die - Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners
Thanks Tony for another fantastic mix of oldies just like radio stations did back then. If you would like to write to Tony with any future requests, or comments or would just like to say hello you can by writing to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' OLDIES ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4431
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
Back with more Bop, Boogie, Jive & Smooch from as always right across the board including -- some jiving Doo Wop, the Blues side of rock 'n' roll, British Smooch, and Boppers from the 1950's - 1990's plus lots more!!
01. Intro 02. I Got A Baby - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps (58) Capitol 03. Mama Luce - Bobby Van Hook (76) Jewel 04. Dance With Mr Domino - Fats Domino (62) Imperial 05. Working Boogie (instrumental) - Dell Graham (51) 06. Take It Easy Greasy - Bill Lehman & The Rock-itts (58) Prime 07. Typing Jive - Alvin & Bill (60) Fernwood 08. But I Know - The Blenders (59) Paradise 09. Crazy Love - The Royaltones (56) Old Town 10. Nursery Rhymes - The Gems (58) Win 11. I Remember - The Five Discs (58) Emge & Vik (60) Rust 12. Walking By Myself - Jimmy Rogers (54) Chess 13. Help Me - Sonny Boy Williamson II (63) Checker 14. Trouble No More - Muddy Waters (55) Chess 15. Hi-Heel Sneakers - Tommy Tucker (64) Checker 16. One Eyed Boogie Boy - Freddie "Fingers" Lee (M) 17. I Don't Know - Chuck Tharp & The Fireballs (59) Kapp 18. Love Machine - Wynonnie Harris (51) King 19. Left Out Again - Cliff Richard & The Shadows (60) Columbia 20. I'm Lost Without You - Billy Fury (65) Decca 21. Donna - Marty Wilde (59) Phillips 22. Lonely Blue Boy - Vince Eager & The Vagabonds (61) Top Rank 23. Rockin' Dog - Ronnie Dawson (94) Crystal Clear 24. La Grange - Z Z Top (73) London 25. Betty Lou's Getting Out Tonight - Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band (80) Capitol 26. Drug Stop Rock - Commander Cody & The Lost Planet Airmen (72) Paramount 27. Bip Bop Boom - Mickey Hawkes & The Night Raiders (58) Profile 28. Cruisin' - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps (56) Capitol 29. Outro
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4432
We are happy to report that Mike Bollea's Jukebox party show is back in business and here at Rock-it Radio. We don't have playlists to his show but you know it is a full two hours of oldies from the 50s and 60s with a powerful punch delivery that only Mike can do.
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4433
Jackie is back this week from his studios in the UK just outside of London. With some fantastic Rockabilly, Oldies and Rock & Roll from the first decade. Here is this shows playlist of what you will hear!
1. Jack The Cat - Jackie Lee Cochrane (Intro) 2. Shake Shack A Dooby - Johnny And The Roccos 3. Snatch It And Grab It - Deke Dickerson And The Ecofonics 4. Dragstrip Girl - Keiron McDonald 5. Long Back Hair - Randy Rich And The Poor Boys 6. Cruised - Frank Dalton And The Dalton Gang 7. Susie's House - John D Loudermilk 8. Please Don't Touch - Johnny Quantrell And The Confederates 9. Gonna Be Better Times - Al Urban 10. First train Headin' South - Johnny Horton 11. You Made A Hit - Ray Smith 12. Sixteen Chicks - The Caravans 13. Jet Tone Boogie - The Jet Tones 14. Shakin' At The North Pole - Johnny And The Roccos 15. Leave Me Alone - The Bopcats 16. No Good Robin Hood - Delbert Barker 17. Moon Over Memphis - Rachel Cain 18. Midnight Sun Rock - Al Oster 19. Rockin' At The Railway - Johnny Quantrell And The Confederates 20. One Way Track - Hank Davis 21. Party Line - Haskell May And The Sundowners Sound Bite 22. Don't Wait Up - Laura Lee Perkins 23. Gonna Have Myself A Ball - Lance Roberts 24. Big Man - Charlie Rich 25. Mama You've Had Your Day - Arlie Duff 26. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Do you have any requests, comments or would just like to say hello to Jackie? You can by just e mailing him at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKING WINDMILL ROCKABILLY SHOW FROM THE NETHERLANDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4434
From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs with entries from Argentina, Australia, the USA and we have ... 10 European songs from Germany, England, the Netherlands, Scotland and Belgium - besides English we have songs in German and Dutch. So put on your rock `n roll shoes and have fun! s 1. Memphis Tennessee - Bernd Spier - 1964 2. Try me - Bob Luman - 1958 3. Rockin' party - Burt Blanca - 1980 4. Too much lovin' going on - Derrell Felts - 195x 5. Ramona - The Blue Diamonds - 1960 6. That's all - Onie Wheeler - 1957 7. Wells Fargo trail - Orville Nash & The Lennerockers - 1997 8. Got it made in the shade - Alton & Jimmy - 1958 9. Dynamite - Cliff Richard & the Shadows - 1959 10. Baby Bessie Lee - Sonny West - 1958 11. You can do anything - Ronnie Nightingale & the Haydocks - 1986 12. Dear one - Larry Finnegan - 1961 13. Dear one - Paul Barry - 1993 14. Pretty Alouette - Bill Haley & the Comets - 1957 15. Always late - Bob Denton - 1957 16. Right now - Radio Texas - 1999 16. Where's she at tonight - Charlie Feathers - 1967 17. Jump and jive - The Renegades (Aus) - 19xx 18. When you ask about love - Matchbox - 1980 19. Sloppin' in Las Vegas - Chubby Checker & de Maskers - 1965 20. Didn't it rock - Jim & Rod - 1958 21. Kee-Ro-Ryan - Johnny & Jonie - 1958 22. Ik kreeg 't d'r warm van - Normaal - 1983 23. Lonely heart - Joe Rickman - 1962 24. Blue school days - Johnny Burnette - 1959 26. Rockin' mood - The Killer - 1973
Thank you Jack that is definetly a great selection of U.S. and European Rockabilly. If you have a worldwide European request you can write to Jack on the Rockin' Windmill Show at: email@example.com
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4435
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4435.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B'S DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4436
Cool Bobby B is back this week with another fantastic set of 50's and early 60's Doo Wop Rock and Roll Group Harmony on this week's Doo Wop Stop here on Rock-it Radio. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (Opening theme song) 2. Rainy Day Bells -- The Globetrotters 3. Whispering Bells -- Del Vikings 4. I Die -- the Skyliners 5. Lost Without You -- Teddy Randazzo 6. Let's Lock the door -- Jay & the Americans 7. Pleaselet me love you -- The Jesters 8. Stormy Weather - The Spaniels 9. Paper Castles - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers 10. This love of ours - The Delrons 11. Gloria - The Cadillacs 12. Denise - Randy & The Rainbows 13. Cry Like I cried - The Harptones 14. Night Owl - Tony Allen & The Champs 15. Coney Island Baby - The Excellents 16. Cool Bobby B - Kenny Vance & Planotones 17. My True Story - Jive Five 18. Sorry - The Impalas 19. Daddy's Home - Shep & Limelites 20. Tonight I fell in Love - The Tokens 21. Maybe you'll be there - Lee Andrews & The Hearts 22. Black Slacks - Joe Bennett & The Sparkletones 23. Wisdom of a fool - Kenny Vance & Planotones 24. Duke of Earl - Gene Chandler & Dukays 25. Deep in my Heart - The Shells
26. Hushabye - The Mystics 27. You belong to me - The Duprees 28. My Juanita - The Crests 29. Worst that could happen - Brooklyn Bridge 30. Who do you love - The Sapphires 31. Lonely Way - The Skyliners 32. Maybe - The Chantels 33. Love you so - Ron Holden & Thunderbirds 34. Why do you have to go - The Dells 35. A million to one - Jimmy Charles 36. Baby Blue - The Echoes 37. Poor boy needs a preacher - The Untouchables 38. What time is it? - Jive Five 39. Have I sinned? - Donnie Elbert 40. Gloria - Vito & The Salutations 41. Dance Dance Dance - Scott Stgevens & Cavaliers 42. Once upon a time - Rochelle Henderson & The Candles 43. Love Eyes - The Duprees 44. Why Don't you believe me - The Duprees 45. Island of Love - The Sheppards 46. Blue Moon - The Marcels 47. Goodnight baby - The Imaginations
Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop show here on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: email@example.com
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and
remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s
to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
AND WHEN YOU PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE IT IS A DONATION TO HELP KEEP ROCK-IT RADIO ONLINE!
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
The Tunein.com folks are awesome just for the amount of stations that they carry! If you don't have it on your iphone I sure would suggest you grab it! They should be carrying the new stream in about a week.
We have switched our audio link to a m3u format. This is a more universal stream and can be received by a wider variety of formats from iphones, ipods, podcasts and your home pc on most modern computers. Easily and automatically recognized by mp3 players etc.
============================================= NEW TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR ROCK-IT RADIO
It was painful to do after all the promotion that we had done on our previous twitter account. But after several weeks it has become obvious we are unable to restore our old account. As it was hacked into. So, we are starting from scratch once again. If you are part of Twitter please give us a follow at: http://www.twitter.com/RockitRadio1 It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
============================================= Jimmy O'Neill dies at 73; L.A. deejay hosted TV's 'Shindig!'
Jimmy O'Neill emceed the ABC prime-time show that featured frenetic dancers and showcased such acts as the Beatles, the Rolling Stones & Many More.
Jimmy O'Neill was the youngest deejay to be No. 1 and hosted ABC's "Shindig!" for its 15-month run beginning in 1964.
Jimmy O'Neill was the youngest deejay to be No. 1 and hosted ABC's... (ABC-TV )
Jimmy O'Neill, an Oklahoman barely out of his teens when he became Los Angeles' top-rated radio deejay and only 24 when he catapulted to national celebrity as the host of "Shindig!," one of the earliest rock 'n' roll shows on prime-time television, died Friday January 11, 2013 at his West Hollywood home. He was 73.
In our video website we have many Shindig vintage videos that you may wish to check out.
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from January 2, 2013 to January 8, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Burnard -- ?? Thomas Deal -- Tallahassee, Florida USA Rich -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA Dr. Chuck Stevens -- Tampa Bay, Florida USA Roland Kleinsorge -- Menifee, California USA Erika Malka -- Toronto, Ontario Canada Patti Sarson -- Sarson, Nova Scotia Canada Ian Charlesworth -- Kidlington, United Kingdom Al Zapp -- Bayonne, New Jersey USA
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 21 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,005 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #541 -- Denny Sanders - WMMS Cleveland 1/13/1978 2. RIR #539 -- Cousin Brucie -- WABC New York City 9/7/1965 3. RIR #426 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968 4. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 5. RIR #167 -- Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 3/10/1962 6. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1962 7. RIR #387 -- Joey Reynolds - WBBW Buffalo, NY Beatles Tribute 2/24/1964 8. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ - WNEW New York from 1974 9. RIR #517 -- Cousin Brucie WABC New York City 11/29/1967 10. RIR #523 -- Pat Holiday -- CKLW Windsor, Ontario 6/29/1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +0 5. France +0 6. Sweden +3 7. Netherlands +0 8. Australia -2 9. Italy +3 10. Philippines -2 11. Japan -2 12. United Arab Emirates +14 13. Brazil -2 14. Mexico -2 15. Spain +0 16. Switzerland +0 17. Russia -4 18. Norway -1 19. Saudi Arabia +9 20. Belgium +1 21. Finland +3 22. Argentina +0 23. Slovakia -4 24. Czech Republic -6 25. India +5 26. Hungary -7 27. Romania +10 28. South Africa +0 29. Greece +0 30. New Zealand +5 31. Serbia -6 32. Poland -2 33. Ireland +0 34. Denmark +4 35. Israel -1 36. Chile +3 37. Austria -3 38. Indonesia -8 39. Turkey +2 40. Ukraine +7 41. China -7 42. Portugal +0 43. Bulgaria +0 44. Djibouti +48 ?? !!!!!!! 45. Thailand -6 46. Colombia -6 47. Uruguay -9 48. South Korea +4 49. Slovenia +4 50. Ecuador +9
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Illinois +3 3. Florida -1 4. New York -1 5. Pennsylvania -1 6. Ohio +0 7. North Carolina +2 8. Massachusetts +0 9. Texas -2 10. New Jersey +0 11. Washington +2 12. Michigan +2 13. Maryland -2 14. Virginia +3 15. Oregon -2 16. Missouri -2 17. Indiana -1 18. Minnesota +0 19. Arizona +4 20. Wisconsin +0 21. Georgia +1 22. Colorado +4 23. Connecticutt -7 24. Alabama -5 25. Kentucky -4 26. South Carolina +6 27. Nevada -2 28. Oklahoma +0 29. Tennessee -4 30. Rhode Island -1 31. Arkansas +0 32. Iowa -3 33. Louisiana +2 34. Kansas +2 35. Maine +2 36. District of Columbia -5 37. West Virginia -5 38. Alaska +12 39. Nebraska +8 40. Mississippi +1 41. Utah -5 42. Delaware +1 43. Wyoming -4 44. Idaho -4 45. New Mexico +0 46. New Hampshire -4 47. Hawaii -4 48. South Dakota +3 49. Montana -1 50. Vermont -3 51. North Dakota -3
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!