As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter - For shows #4411 to #4418 1/2/2013
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4411 TO #4418
Happy 2013 everyone!!! I sure hope that everyone is enjoying 2013 so far! And keep that string going! With the Holidays New shows have been a bit sporadic. It is every year, but we are up and rocking with new shows once again or will be, and we have playlists for the latest 8 shows online. Also, in this newsletter we will be announcing the names of our monthly drawing for December. Along with a list of the great artists we had lost this past year. Plus a new video of the week. So, let's get started.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK WITH A FEATURE ON THE CADILLACS IN ROCK-IT RADIO #4411
The Cadillacs began their journey in 1953 as The Carnations and when they changed their name they helped usher in a new era of automobile names for R&B vocal groups. Lead tenor Earl "Speedo" Carroll and bass singer Bobby Phillips forged a friendship that would carry on from their days growing up in Harlem until the day each of them passed on. While together, The Cadillacs produced some of the coolest jump tunes from the classic "Speedo" to the jazzy "Down The Road" and the killer "No Chance." As a ballad group, Speedo and the boys recorded the version of the immortal "Gloria" that all other vocal groups are measured against as well as other gorgeous tunes like "You Are" and "The Girl I Love." Matt The Cat features an interview with Earl Carroll himself, so that he can tell The Cadillacs story in his own words. We lost Earl Carroll and a little piece of early rock n' roll on November 25, 2012, but Speedo will never be forgotten in the hearts of those who dig REAL vocal group harmony.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Speedo - The Cadillacs - Josie 1955 3. Earl Carroll Interview #1 4. Gloria - The Cadillacs - Josie 1954 5. I Wonder Why - The Cadillacs - Josie 1954 6. Wishing Well - The Cadillacs - Josie 1954 7. No Chance - The Cadillacs - Josie 1955 8. Earl Carroll Interview #2 9. Speedo - The Cadillacs - LIVE on Alan Freed's Rock & Roll Dance Party 1956 10. Earl Carroll Interview #3 11. Down The Road - The Cadillacs - Josie 1955 12. You Are - The Cadillacs - Josie 1956 13. GREAT 78 - I Want To Know About Love - The Cadillacs - Josie 1954 14. Zoom - The Cadillacs - Josie 1956 15. Earl Carroll Interview #4 16. Woe Is Me - The Cadillacs - Josie 1956 17. The Girl I Love - The Cadillacs - Josie 1956 18. Speedo Is Back - The Cadillacs - Josie 1958 19. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Would you like to contact Matt and say hello or have a R&B question? Or a comment to his show or a suggestion for a future show. You can reach him online at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES WITH A KIND OF ROCK AND ROLL PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4412 IN THE BACK IN TIME SHOW. HAPPY NEW YEAR -- 1967 FLASHBACK!
It's a new year. And I hope things go well for you in 2013. BACK IN TIME is taking you BACK to Jan. 4, 1967 with an actual KYNO BOSS THIRTY SURVEY...that was a typed final draft from the station. Some songs you know, a few you may not know. But, here is the TOP 20 COUNTDOWN starting in 1967!!! Enjoy! You will have to listen for the Top 5 of the New Year...because I will not reveal them on this list. Take a Guess!!!!
1) WEDDING BELL BLUES - LAURA NYRO (#20) 2) OUT OF TIME - CHRIS FARLOWE (#19) 3) WORDS OF LOVE - MAMA'S AND THE PAPA'S (#18) 4) SNOW QUEEN - THE ROGER NICHOLS TRIO (#17) (45 Version) 5) LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE - THE POZO SECO SINGERS (#16) 6) THAT'S LIFE- FRANK SINATRA (#15) 7) RUN, LOOK AND SEE - BRIAN HYLAND (#14) 8) COMING HOME SOLDIER - BOBBY VINTON (#13) 9) FULL MEASURE - THE LOVIN' SPOONFUL (#12) (Peak at #87 Nationally) 10) I'VE PASSED THIS WAY BEFORE - JIMMY RUFFIN (#11) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 11) LADY GODIVA - PETER AND GORDON (#10) 12) WHEEL OF HURT - MARGARET WHITING (#9) 13) SUGARTOWN - NANCY SINATRA (#8) 14) DEVIL WITH THE BLUE DRESS ON w/ GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY - MITCH RYDER/DETROIT WHEELS (#7) 15) GOOD THING - PAUL REVERE AND THE RAIDERS (#6) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (I will not reveal the "FInal Five Selections"!!!!!!!) (YOU MUST LISTEN TO PROGRAM and you can also makes guesses!!!!!) 16) ?????? - ??????? (#5) 17) ?????? - ??????? (#4) 18) ?????? - ??????? (#3) 19) ?????? - ??????? (#2) 20) ?????? - ??????? (#1b) (Double-Sided Hit 45) (Single Version) 21) ?????? - ??????? (#1a)
(COMING IN 2013 - INTERVIEWS WITH THE STARS - "TRUE HOLLYWOOD STORIES") Through the year the following interviewswith will be presented in FFRR (Full Frequency Range Recordings) ...not phone interviews with: 1) JULIE ADAMS - Creature From The Black Lagoon ('54), Tickle Me ('65) and McQ ('74) with spooky music. 2) JIMMY HUNT - The Child in INVADERS FROM MARS ('53) and NOIR films like PITFALL ('48) with Dick Powell, Lizabeth Scott and SORRY, WRONG NUMBER (1949) Burt Lancasters Son. 3) DOMINQUE SWAIN - She starred in the second LOLITA film (1998) and ALPHA DOG (2006). Songs featured will have "YOUNG" in the title. 4) BOB BERRYHILL - Original Member of "The Surfaris". Celebrating 50 Years of "Wipeout" - 1963 to 2013. with music from The Surfaris (1962 thru 1965) and (2006). 5) PAUL MICHAEL GLASER - He starred in Starsky and Hutch (1975+). He talks about his role in FIDDLERS ON THE ROOF ('68), his TV show, movies he directed including, "THE RUNNING MAN" and a new children's book he wrote. 6) JARED CARGMAN - Member of the Fantastic Baggies...Featuring their Music and the music of P.F. Sloan and Steve Barri.
(1964 thur 1971) Jared has been married to Doren Loren since 1996. Stay Healthy in 2013 and HELP KEEP THE ROCK-IT FLYING!!!!!!
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4413
Jackie is back this week from his studios in the UK just outside of London. With some fantastic Rockabilly, Oldies and Rock & Roll from the first decade. Here is this shows playlist of what you will hear!
1. Jack The Cat - Jackie Lee Cochran (Intro) 2. Catfish Boogie - Tennessee Ernie Ford 3. Snake Dance Boogie - Roy Hogsed 4. I Feel So Bad - Rock-Ola And The Freewheelers 5. Beautiful baby - Bobby Lord 6. Do You Love Me - Larry Birdsong 7. Doghouse Boogie - Hawkshaw Hawkins 8. Your Big Brown Eyes - Bobby Comstock 9. Smoke Along The Track - Stonewall Jackson 10. Teasin' You - Willie Tee 11. Shooty Booty - Ivory Joe Hunter 12. Boot 'Em Up - The Du-Droppers 13. Bim Bam - Sam Butera 14. Don't Do That Again - Doug Bragg And The Drifters 15. Dig Boy Dig - Freddie Hart 16. Juke Box,Help Me Find My Baby - The Rhythm Rockers 17. Mean Woman Blues - Will Jess And His Jesters featuring Ronnie Sundin 18. Little Miss Butte - Rusty Isabell 19. Cool Cool Baby - Lafayette Yarborough 20. Brother,drop Dead - Redd Stewart and His Kentucky Colonels 21. Two Timin' Mama - Hank Penny 22. She Bops a Lot - Ronnie Pearson 23. Just Married - Marty Robbins 24. Run Boy Run - Sanford Clark 25. I'm Movin' On - Ray Charles 26. Hot Chicks And Cool Cats - Eva Eastwood 27. You Lied To Your Daddy - The Tams 28. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Do you have any requests, comments or would just like to say hello to Jackie? You can by just e mailing him at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' OLDIES CHRISTMAS SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4414
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
01. Intro 02. Rockin' The House - Memphis Slim & The House Rockers (47) Miracle 03. Breaking Up The House - Tiny Bradshaw & His Orchestra (50) King 04. The House Is Rockin' - Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble (89) Epic 05. Seven Nights To Rock - Moon Mullican (56) King 06. Dig That Boogie - Roy Hall (56) Decca 07. Let Me In There Baby - Billy Strange (55) Capitol 08. I Wish You Would - Billy Boy Arnold (55) VeeJay 09. Tell Me Who - Big Maybelle (56) Savoy 10. My Man - Dolly Cooper (56) Modern 11. Don't Knock The Rock - Bill Haley & His Comets (56) Decca 12. Record Hop - Bill Carey (56) Coral 13. La-Do-Dada - Dale Hawkins (58) Chess 14. Teenage Boogie - Webb Peirce (56) Decca 15. You're My Teenage Sweetheart - The Berry Kids (57) MGM 16. There's Good Rockin' Tonight - Billy Jack Wills (55) MGM 17. Where Or When - Dion & The Belmonts (59) Laurie 18. What Can I Do - Donnie Elbert (57) DeLuxe 19. 24 Hours - Eddie Boyd (53) Chess 20. Old Fashioned - Veretta Dillard (57) RCA 21. What About Us - The Coasters (59) Atco 22. Cool Cool Baby - The Diamonds (57) Mercury 23. He's Mine - The Platters (57) Mercury 24. Rickety Rock - The Jewels (56) Imperial 25. Brontosaurus Stomp (instrumental) - The Piltdown Men (60) Capitol 26. Rebel Rock (instrumental) - Benny Joy (57) Tri-Dec 27. Kool Kat - Bill Sherrell & The Dell Tones (58) Tyme 28. Hip Hip Baby - Dennis Herrold (58) Imperial 29. Workin' Again - Robert T. Smith (59) Bobbin 30. All Nite Long - Robert Parker (59) Ron 31. Outro
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4415 MORE FORGOTTEN TOP 25'S
From Rock-it Radio's Studio B, Lane Quigley delivers another installment of Fabulous Forgotten Top 25's on this week's Memory Lane Show. These are songs that once rose to the top of the charts, but are largely forgotten by most folks. Lane also presents some more of his popular Sound BItes from the folks who created the music.
1. Treat Me Nice - Elvis Presley #18 1957 2. Little Bitty Pretty One - Thurston Harris & The Sharps #6 1957 SOUND BITE 3. Little Town Flirt - Del Shannon #12 1963 4. Hi-Heeled Sneakers - Tommy Tucker #11 1964 5. Wolverton Mountain - Claude King #6 1962 6. How Glad I Am - Nancy Wilson #11 1964 SOUND BITE 7. Will You Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles #1 1960 8. Question - Lloyd Price #19 1960 9. Walk Right Back - The Everly Brothers #7 1961 10. Sixty Minute Man - The Dominoes #17 1951 SOUND BITE 11. Next Door To An Angel - Neil Sedaka #5 1962 12. Since I Met You Baby - Ivory Joe Hunter #12 1956 13. I Will - Dean Martin #10 1965 SOUND BITE 14. Teen Beat - Sandy Nelson #4 1959 15. M y Kind of Girl - Matt Monro #18 1961 16. Saturday Night At The Movies - The Drifters #18 1964 SOUND BITE 17. Dawn (Go Away) - The Four Seasons #3 1964 18. Susie Darlinâ?(TM) - Robin Luke #5 1958 19. Mohair Sam - Charlie Rich #21 1958 20. Her Royal Majesty - James Darren #6 1962 SOUND BITE 21. See Saw - The Moonglows #25 1956 22. To The Aisle - The Five Satins #25 1957 23. Without Love (There Is Nothing) - Clyde McPhatter #19 1957
Thanks Lane for another great show! If you have any requests, dedications or would just like to say Hello to Lane you can at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4416
Pete is back this week with usual fun listen of Scratchy 45's - Remastered Doo Wop on CD and of course the Silly Song Segment. It's always great doo wop music that only Pete Chaston can deliver! Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Tonight (Could Be the Night)-The Velvets (1961) 3. Lana-The Velvets (1961) 4. Shu Bop-Dion (DiMucci) (2000) 5. You Move Me-Dion (DiMucci) (2000) 6. No, No, No-The Chanters (1958) 7. I Make This Pledge-The Chanters (1958) 8. Christmas is Over-The Sheps (2000) 9. Bye, Bye, Baby-The Channels (1958) 10. Let It Please Be You-A Perfect Blend (1996)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. Happy Boy-The Beat Farmers (1985) 12. Peter, the Meter Reader-Meri Wilson (1981)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Come On Little Angel-The Belmonts (1962) 14. Gumma, Gumma-The Mello-Harps (1958) 15. (Soda Pop) Juke Box Rock-The Emeralds (1958) 16. Heaven's for Real-The Storytellers (1991)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. The Lion Sleeps Tonight-The Nylons (1982) 18. Peppermint Stick-Little Isidore & The Inquisitors (xxxx) 19. My Darling-Little Isidore & The Inquisitors (xxxx) 20. I Wonder Why-Dion & The Belmonts (1958)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. It's Alright-Rick & The Masters (xxxx) 22. What Are You Doing New Year's Eve-The Orioles (1949) 23. After New Year's Eve-The Heartbeats (1957) 24. I Stayed Home (New Year's Eve) (acappella version)-The Ad-Libs (xxxx) 25. I Understand-The G-Clefs (1961)
26. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
When it comes to choices in Doo Wop Music shows on today it is hard to beat the choices you get and variety that you do with the Pete Chaston Doo Wop Show. If you would like to write to Pete with Doo Wop requests, comments or just a hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: email@example.com
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4417
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4417.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B'S DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4418
Cool Bobby B is back this week with another fantastic set of 50's and early 60's Doo Wop Rock and Roll Group Harmony on this week's Doo Wop Stop here on Rock-it Radio. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (Opening theme song) 2. Bila -- The Versatones 3. Cool Bobby B -- Kenny Vance & the Planotones 4. Pretty Little Angel Eyes -- Curtis Lee 5. Zoom Zoom Zoom -- The Collegians 6. Heartaches -- The Marcels 7. Suzie Baby -- Bobby Vee 8. I can't believe -- Dino & The Diplomats 9. That's my desire -- Dion 10. Black Pearl -- Sonny Charles & The Classmates 11. Goody Goody -- Frnakie Lymon & Teenagers 12. Duke of Earl -- Gene Chandler & The Dukays 13. I'm so happy -- Kenny Vance & The Original Teenagers 14. Since I don't have you -- The Skyliners 15. This I swear -- The Skyliners 16. Honey Honey -- Louis Lymon & Teenchords 17. Morse Code of Love -- Legacy 18. Rip Van Winkle -- The Devotions 19. Gloria -- The Chariots 20. There's a moon out tonight -- The Capris 21. I'm so happy -- The Ducanes 22. There goes the boy -- The Lydells 23. Bad Boy -- The Jive Bombers 24. Pretty girls everywhere -- Eugene Church 25. Bye Bye Baby -- The Channels 26. I'll be seeing you -- The Five Satins 27. Foolish me -- The Harptones 28. All night long -- The DuMauriers 29. Wishing for your love -- Vox Poppers 30. We belong together -- Robert and Johnny 31. Lucky me I'm in love -- El Domingos 32. This is love -- The Passions 33. Tonight Tonight -- Mello Kings 34. In the still of the night -- Five Satins 34 Great Doo Wop Tunes this week with the
Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop show here on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: email@example.com
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and
remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s
to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation
wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check
AND WHEN YOU PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE IT IS A DONATION TO HELP KEEP ROCK-IT RADIO ONLINE!
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
This week: Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Two on the Grand Ole Opry 8/8/1955. Singing 'So Doggone Lonesome'. With a funny introduction by Little Jimmy Dickens. And check out the 100s of vintage music videos we have listed in our Video webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/video.html
============================================= LYRICS OF SO DOGGONE LONESOME! BY JOHNNY CASH
I do my best to hide this lowdown feelin' I try to make believe there's nothin' wrong But they're always askin' me about you darlin' And it hurts me so to tell 'em that you're gone
If they ask me, I guess, I'd be denyin' That I've been unhappy all alone But if they heard my heart they'd hear it cryin' Where's my darlin' when's she comin' home I ask myself a million times what's right for me to do To try to lose my blues alone or hang around for you Well I make it pretty good until that moon comes shinin' through And that I get so doggone lonesome
Time stands still when you're a waitin' Sometimes I think my heart is stoppin' too One lonely hour seems forever Sixty minutes more to wait for you But I guess I'll keep waitin' till you're with me 'Cause I believe that lovin' you is right But I don't care if the sun don't rise tomorrow If I can't have you with me tonight
Well I know, I'll keep on loving you 'cause true love can't be killed I ought to get you off of my mind but I guess I never will I could have a dozen others but I know, I'd love you still 'Cause I get so doggone lonesome
============================================= IN MEMORIAM -- 2012
In 2012, we unfortunately lost way too many of the men and women who created the music that we love. Join Rock-it Radio as we say goodbye to these entertainers involved with music from the Rock-it Radio era who passed away during the year:
JANUARY Freddie Milano (Dion & The Belmonts), age 72 - 'Wonder Why' 'Teenager in Love' Jimmy Castor (The Juniors), 71 -'I Promise To Remember' 'Hey Leroy Your Mama Is Callin' Walter Gaines (The Originals) - 'Baby I'm For Real' 'The Bells' Johnny Otis, 90 - 'Willie & The Hand Jive' 'Harlem Nocturne' Etta James, 71 - 'The Wallflower' 'At Last' Roger Stafford (The Royale Monarchs), 69 - 'Hey Surf's Up'
FEBRUARY Don Cornelius, 75 - Soul Train Jimmy Sabater (Joe Cuba Sextet) - 'To Be With You' Betty Barnes (Betty Barnes & The 4 Shadows) - 'What Would You Do?' Billy Strange, 81 - 'James Bond Theme' Davy Jones (The Monkees), 66 - I'm a Believer'; 'Last Train To Clarksville'
MARCH Songwriter Robert Sherman, 86 - 'Tall Paul' 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' Big Walter Price, 97 - 'Pack Fair & Sqauare' Chester Brown (The Counts) - 'Darling Dear' Leon Daniels (The El Vinos) - 'Geraldine' Nick Noble - 'Moonlight Swim' Marion Marlow, 82 - 'Man In a Raincoat' Earl Scruggs, 88 - 'Foggy Mountain Breakdown' Jerry 'Boogie' McCain - 'My Next Door Neighbor' 'She's Tough'
APRIL Jimmy Mullin (The Four Epics) - 'Dance Joanne' 'Again' Dick Clark, 81 - American Bandstand Bert Weedon, 91 - 'Guitar Boogie Shuffle' 'Ginchy'
MAY Rev. Ernest Wilson (The Spaniels), 78 - 'Hey Sister Lizzie' 'Baby It's You' Donald 'Duck' Dunn (The Mar-Keys, Booker T & The MG's) - 'Last Night' 'Green Onion' Belita Woods, 63 - 'That's When I'll Stop Loving You' Donna Summer, 63 - 'Last Dance' 'Hot Stuff' Robin Gibb (The Bee Gees), 62 - 'Night Fever' 'Words' Toni Arden, 88 - 'Padre'
JUNE Herb Reed (The Platters), 82 - 'The Great Pretender' 'You'll Never Never Know' Jimmy Elledge, 69 - 'Funny How Time Slips Away' Songwriter Richard Adler, 90 - 'Rags To Riches'; 'Hernando's Hideaway'
JULY Kitty Wells, 91 - 'It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels' Tony Martin, 98 - 'To Each His Own' 'Walk Hand In Hand'
AUGUST Jimmy Jones, 82 - 'Good Timing' 'Handy Man' Composer Marvin Hamlisch, 68 - 'Sunshine Lollipops & Rainbows' 'The Way We Were' Record Producer Carl Davis, 77 (worked with Jackie Wilson, Gene Chandler & others) Scott McKenzie, 72 - 'San Francisco (Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair)'
SEPTEMBER Lyricist Hal David, 91 - Don't Make Me Over' 'Walk On Bye' Joe South, 72 - 'Games People Play'; 'Walk a Mile In My Shoes' Dorothy McGuire, 84 (McGuire Sisters) - 'Sugartime' 'May You Always' Johnny Perez (Sir Douglas Quintet), 69 - She's About a Mover' 'The Rains Came' Sugar Boy Crawford (The Sha-Weez), 77 - 'Jock-O-Mo' 'No One To Love Me' Andy Williams, 84 - 'Can't Get Used To Losing You' 'Are You Sincere' Frank Wilson, 71 - 'Do I Love You' R.B. Greaves, 68 - 'Take a Letter Maria' 'Always Something There To Remind Me'
OCTOBER Big Jim Sullivan, 61 - U.K. session guitarist Songwriter Deborah Chessler, 89 - 'It's Too Soon To Know' 'Tell Me So' Eddie Bertrand, 67 (The Bel-Airs, Eddie & The Showmen) - 'Mr. Moto' 'Mr. Rebel'
NOVEMBER Cleve Duncan (The Penguins), 77 - 'Earth Angel' 'Memories of El Monte' Vic Spina (The Jaynells) - 'I'll Stay Home' Major Harris (The Delfonics) - 'La La Means I Love You' 'Love Won't Let Me Wait Earl 'Speedo' Carroll (The Cadillacs), 75 - 'Gloria'; 'Speedo' Mickey 'Guitar' Baker (Mickey & Sylvia), 87 - 'Love Is Strange' 'Dearest'
DECEMBER Dave Brubeck, 91 - 'Take Five' 'Blue Rondo a la Turk' Ed Cassidy (Spirit), 89 - 'I Got a Line On You' Harold Jackson (The Ink Spots), 102 - "The Gypsy"; "If I Didn't Care" Jimmy McCracklin, 91 - "The Walk"; "Think" Ray Collins (Mothers of Invention), 71 - co-composed "Memories of El Monte" Jimmy McCracklin, 91 - 'The Walk' 'Just got to know' Fontella Bass, 72 - 'Rescue Me'
A great thank you for Rock-it Radio Program Manager Lane Quigley for compiling this list along with Steve Propes and Matt The Cat for some additions.
============================================= NEW STREAM AUDIO FOR CONTINUOUS BROADCAST OF ROCK-IT RADIO ONLINE.
The Tunein.com folks are awesome just for the amount of stations that they carry! If you don't have it on your iphone I sure would suggest you grab it! They should be carrying the new stream in about a week.
We have switched our audio link to a m3u format. This is a more universal stream and can be received by a wider variety of formats from iphones, ipods, podcasts and your home pc on most modern computers. Easily and automatically recognized by mp3 players etc.
============================================= NEW TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR ROCK-IT RADIO
It was painful to do after all the promotion that we had done on our previous twitter account. But after several weeks it has become obvious we are unable to restore our old account. As it was hacked into. So, we are starting from scratch once again. If you are part of Twitter please give us a follow at: http://www.twitter.com/RockitRadio1 It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
============================================= ROCK-IT RADIO NEWS SERVICE BEGINS - AND REVAMPED WITH NEW WEBPAGE ADDITION
The Rock-it Radio News Service began last week, and out to give a unbiased account of newswires across the world reporting the news. We have a scrolling screen where you can click to each story and most of the time get a link to a more in depth look of the news story by clicking to it. We will also be carrying U.S. National News - California and local Ventura County news here. You can check everything out by going to our News website at: http://www.rockitradio.net/news.html
No Advertising budget this month due to cutbacks have really halted our
new Listener's this week.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from December 24, 2012 to January 2, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Franklin -- Kincardine, Ontario Canada Janean De Large -- Canada R. Marak -- Ashland, Oregon, USA Allan Bell -- Hamden, Connecticut USA Harry Blair -- Mercer Island, Washington USA Bruce Bonnin -- Ecouflant, France
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 30 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 68,960 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO.
Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth. In October we had our 2nd worse month in sales and have run in the red with losses the last two months and November has gotten to a slow start as well. So many things are happening in the world from Hurricane Sandy victims to a difficult economy and so much more, I feel guilty in mentioning this. But if you have enjoyed Rock-it Radio this past year would you please consider helping us exist? We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. These vintage shows also make great Holiday gifts to the oldies lovers in your family. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
============================================= VENTURA COUNTY LOCAL HAPPENINGS NOW AIRED ON FRIDAY MORNINGS ON ROCK-IT RADIO.
We have always marketed to a worldwide audience here at Rock-it Radio but we are going to get a little local here also, for our local listeners of Rock-it Radio. On early Friday mornings we will be airing the local social happenings here and things to do on the weekends here at Rock-it Radio. Hosted by Jocelyn at ventura101.com Come check it out at the top of our program webpage at www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD HAS FACEBOOK PAGE Rock-it
Radio now has a facebook webpage that is completely dedicated to the
vintage broadcasts we offer in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. And get
word of the latest releases and answer any questions. If you use
Facebook we invite you to come in and check it out at this rather
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #541 -- Denny Sanders - WMMS Cleveland 1/13/1978 2. RIR #539 -- Cousin Brucie -- WABC New York City 9/7/1965 3. RIR #426 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/4/1968 4. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 5. RIR #167 -- Dick Biondi - WLS Chicago 3/10/1962 6. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1962 7. RIR #387 -- Joey Reynolds - WBBW Buffalo, NY Beatles Tribute 2/24/1964 8. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ - WNEW New York from 1974 9. RIR #517 -- Cousin Brucie WABC New York City 11/29/1967 10. RIR #523 -- Pat Holiday -- CKLW Windsor, Ontario 6/29/1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Germany +0 5. France +0 6. Australia +2 7. Netherlands +0 8. Philippines -2 9. Sweden +0 10. Japan +0 11. Brazil +1 12. Italy +4 13. Mexico -2 14. Russia -1 15. Spain -1 16. Switzerland -1 17. Norway +3 18. Slovakia +1 19. Finland -2 20. Czech Republic -1 21. Belgium +0 22. Argentina +1 23. Serbia -1 24. Hungary +7 25. Saudi Arabia +0 26. United Arab Emirates +8 27. Poland -1 28. South Africa +2 29. Greece -5 30. India +5 31. Austria -6 32. Indonesia -4 33. Ireland -7 34. Israel +2 35. New Zealand +4 36. China +1 37. Romania -1 38. Denmark +3 39. Chile +2 40. Thailand -3 41. Turkey -5 42. Portugal +5 43. Bulgaria +6 44. Uruguay +6 45. Vietnam +7 46. Qatar +0 47. Ukraine +1 48. Slovenia +4 49. Malaysia -8 50. Singapore -6
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Illinois +2 6. Ohio -1 7. Texas +1 8. Massachusetts -3 9. North Carolina +0 10. New Jersey +0 11. Maryland +0 12. Oregon +0 13. Washington +0 14. Michigan +1 15. Missouri +2 16. Indiana +0 17. Virginia +1 18. Minnesota +3 19. Alabama +3 20. Wisconsin -6 21. Minnesota +1 22. Georgia +1 23. Arizona -2 24. Kentucky +3 25. Nevada +4 26. Colorado -2 27. Tennessee -4 28. Oklahoma -3 29. Rhode Island +1 30. Iowa -6 31. Arkansas +0 32. South Carolina +0 33. West Virginia +2 34. District of Colombia -1 35. Louisiana -1 36. Kansas +1 37. Maine +4 38. Wyoming -2 39. Utah +3 40. Idaho -1 41. Missisippi +4 42. New Hampshire -3 43. Delaware -10 44. Hawaii +0 45. New Mexico +2 46. North Dakota +3 47. Nebraska +1 48. Montana -4 49. Vermont -2 50. Alaska +1 51. South Dakota -1
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!