As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4505 to #4515 4/3/2013
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Well it's been a week and a couple of days since our last newsletter. Seems like harder to keep up with the move and Holidays to keep on schedule and get the newsletter out on time every week. But we do have some good news this week -- We are extending the March Madness giveaway into all of April! We will be having more news on that in the newsletter! And we have the end of the month drawing for even more winners for those that supported us in the month of March. And some great news on a new DJ coming to Rock-it Radio. Plus of course eleven new Rockin' Shows playlists from what we put up online last week.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4505 MORE FORGOTTEN TOP 40's!
This week's Memory Lane Show features another solid selection of Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's from the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio. You'll hear 25 songs that made it high on the charts way-back-when, but are largely overlooked today. The show includes some interesting comments from Little Richard, Martha Reeves, Kripp Johnson (of the Dell Vikings), Duane Eddy, Tommy Roe, Martin Denny and harmonnica master Charlie McCoy. There's also a long-forgotten track that was one of the first true rock & roll songs to reach the national charts. Get ready to shake loose some memories with these cool sides:
1. A Big Hunk Of Love - Elvis Presley 1959 #1 2. Hey Little Girl - Dee Clark 1959 #20 SOUND BITE 3. Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard 1958 #10 4. Lovey Dovey - Buddy Knox 1959 #25 5. The Big Beat - Fats Domino 1958 #26 SOUND BITE 6. Come Go With Me - The Dell Vikings 1957 #4 7. Girls Grow Up Faster Than Boys - The Cookies 1963 #33 8. She's Everything - Ral Donner 1962 #18 SOUND BITE 9. Nowhere To Run - Martha & The Vandella 1965 #8 10. Primrose Lane - Jerry Wallace 1959 11. Turvy (Part Two) - Cozy Cole 1958 #36 SOUND BITE 12. Candy Man - Roy Orbison 1961 #25 13. I Want To (Do Everything For You) - Joe Tex 1965 #23 14. Fractured - Bill Haley & The Comets 1953 #24 SOUND BITE 15. Rebel Rouser - Duane Eddy 1958 #6 16. Problems - The Everly Brothers 1958 #2 17. Ya Ya - Lee Dorsey 1961 #7 SOUND BITE 18. Everybody - Tommy Roe 1963 #3 19. Misty - Lloyd Price 1963 #21 20. Lonely Blue Boy - Conway Twitty 1960 #6 21. Try It, Baby - Marvin Gaye 1964 #15 SOUND BITE 22. Quiet Village - Martin Denny 1959 #4 23. Please Stay - The Drifters 1961 #14 24. If I Didn't Care - The Platters 1961 #30 25. Baby Oh Baby - The Shells 1961 #23
Thanks Lane for another great show of Top 40 Radio! This is Lane's 499th show as we make our way to the big milestone of 500 shows for Rock-it Radio! Scheduled for this week!
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4506
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
"BOP, BOOGIE, JIVE, STROLL & SMOOCH"
The Movin' 'n' Groovin' Show is back with more rip-roaring rock 'n' roll from the 50's and 60's that includes some jiving Doo Wop, Rockabilly, and some great strollers plus my regular feature, The Smooch Spot......... So let's get under way here on the Rock-it.
01. Intro 02. Rocka Rolla Rock - Sonny Brooks & The Savoys (56) Tip Top 03. Why Did You Do It - The Four Bars (59) Time 04. Skitter Skatter - The Metrotones (57) Reserve 05. Nasty Breaks - The Dadevilles (58) Guyden 06. Glad All Over - Carl Perkins (58) Sun 07. Fairlane Rock - Hayden Thompson (57) Sun 08. Love My Baby - Hayden Thompson (56) Phillips International 09. So Glad - Sonny Burgess (57) unissued Sun 10. Don't Lie To Me - Dean Beard (56) unissued Sun 11. Golly Gosh Oh Gee - Conway Twitty (57) MGM 12. Shu Bop - Dion De Mucci (00) 13. Stuck On You - Elvis Presley (60) RCA-Victor 14. You Better Know It - Jackie Wilson (58) Brunswick 15. Sweet Thing - Billy Bland (60) Old Town 16. Taking Care Of Business - Titus Turner (59) Old Town 17. It Started All Over Again - Brenda Lee (62) Decca 18. Love Love Love - Ruth Brown (62) Phillips 19. Slow Smooth And Easy - Anita Tucker (55) Capitol 20. Let's Live - Aaron Neville (61) Minit 21. Cry Baby - Garnet Mimms & The Enchanters (63) United Artists 22. Funny How Time Slips Away - Joe Hinton (64) Back Beat 23. Lips - Roy Hamilton (58) Epic 24. The Long Walk Home (instrumental) - Santo & Johnny Farina (59) American / Canadian 25. The Swag (instrumental) - Link Wray & His Ray Men (59) Barnaby 26. Rock 'n' Roll - Bo Diddley (60's) Checker 27. Long Black Jacket - Burt Blanca (68) B & B 28. Little Donna - The Rivieras (64) USA 29. Little Girl Of Mine - The Electras (66) Ruby Doo 30. Promise To Be True - Cornell Blaley (57) Fulton 31. Outro - Spinning Rock Boogie (instrumental) - Hank C. Burnette (76) SonetCan't Stop Keep Rockin' Kid"
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
---------------- Last week we weren't able to provide you with the Movin' and Groovin' Shows playlist in show #4598 that is still in our programs webpage. Well we have it now. Here is the playlist for that show below.
Rock Boogie is back with another show of rip-roaring rock 'n' roll from
the 50's and 60's plus a great modern blues bopper from Dollar Bill,
and a couple of 60's re-makes of tracks from the early to mid 50's from
Wynonie Harris, and another listeners request for Dave Robbins from the
UK..........So climb aboard, sit back, and buckle up, as we take another
ride on the Rock-it.
01. Intro 02. Rocket Ship - Jackie Lowell with Duane Diamond & The Astronouts (61) Band Box 03. Rockin' Record Hop - Carl Perkins (58) unissued Columbia 04. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Conway Twitty (60) MGM 05. In The Mood (instrumental) - Roy Clark (62) Capitol 06. Mean Woman Blues - Roy Orbison (63) Monument 07. My Bucket's Got A Hole In It - Sonny Burgess (58) Sun 08. Lealla - Joey Long (60) Chess 09. Don't Knock On My Door - Kenny Wayne (02) Electro-Fi 10. Sweet Lucy Brown - Wynonie Harris (60) Roulette 11. Josephine - Wynonie Harris (61) Roulette 12. Slippin' And Slidin' - Little Richard (56) Specialty 13. Respectable - Jimmy Soul & The Chants (63) 20th Century 14. Shake Your Hips - Dollar Bill (11) Rollin Records 15. Betty Jean - Freddy Cannon (63) Swan 16. Too Pooped To Pop - Chuck Berry (59) Chess 17. The Great Imposter (instrumental) - The Piltdown Men (61) Capitol
Listener Request - Dave Robbins
18. Eddies Blues (instrumental) - Eddie Cochran (59) Liberty 19. Guybo (instrumental) - Eddie Cochran & The Kelly Four (59) Silver 20. Nice And Easy (instrumental) - Eddie Cochran (56) Crest
SRB 21. Move Baby Move - Larry Harrison & The Four Buddies (55) Savoy 22. Georgia Slop - Big Al Downing (64) Columbia 23. Rockin' Old Man - The Charmaines (61) Fraternity 24. Silhouettes - The Rays (57) Cameo 25. You Belong To Me - The Duprees (62) Coed 26. That's How Strong My Love Is - Otis Redding (65) Volt 27. Teenage Prayer - Gale Storm (55) Dot 28. The Hoochie Coochie Coo - Lloyd Price (61) ABC-Paramount 29. Outro - Spinning Rock Boogie (instrumental) - Hank C. Burnette (76) Sonet
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH LOOKS AT THE HONKIN' SAX OF R&B GREAT - BIG JAY MCNEELY PT. 1 IN ROCK-IT SHOW #4507
From Studio C in Brampton, Ontario Canada comes one Al 'Cool Daddy' Smith. This week it's part I of the great honkin' sax of R&B great Sax Player Big Jay McNeely.
This is Part One of an in depth look at Jump Blues and Rock and Roll pioneer Big Jay McNeely. The play list is as follows - starting with some of his earlier works.
1. Blow Big Jay-Big Jay McNeely 1949 2. Road House Boogie-Big Jay McNeely 1949 3. K&H Boogie-Big Jay McNeely 1949 4. Willie The Cool Cat-Big Jay McNeely 1949 5. Barrel House Stomp-Johnny Otis Orchestra featuring Big Jay McNeely 1947 6. Ginger Cake-Big Jay McNeely 1949 7. Deaconâ€™s Hop-Big Jay McNeely 1948 8. Man Eater-Big Jay McNeely 1949 9. Wild Wig-Big Jay McNeely 1949 10. Cool Blood-Big Jay McNeely 1949 11. Junie Flip-Big Jay McNeely 1949 12. Boogie In Front-Big Jay McNeely 1949 13. Midnight Dreams-Big Jay McNeely 1949 14. Hoppinâ€™ With Hunter-Big Jay McNeely 1949 15. Jayâ€™s Frantic-Big Jay McNeely 1950 16. Real Crazy Cool-Big Jay McNeely 1950 17. All That Wine is Gone-Big Jay McNeely/w Jesse Belvin 1951 18. The Deacon Blows For ray-Big Jay McNeely 1952 19. Tall Brown Woman-Big Jay McNeely 1952 20. Blow, Blow, Blow-Big Jay McNeely 1952
Great show Cool Daddy! Do you have any comments or questions on this show or rock in General the Cool Daddy would love to read and answer them. Or just a friendly hello. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4508 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. The Beat of My Heart-The Cordells (1962) 3. Baby Talk-Jan & Dean (1959) 4. Shoop Shoop-The Gladiolas (1958) 5. Lamplight-The Deltas (1957) 6. Hey Da-Da-Dow-The Dolphins (1964) 7. Everybody Pony-Teddy & The Continentals (1961) 8. Misery-The Dynamics (1963) 9. Crazy for You-The Dedications (1983) 10. 'Cause You're Mine-The G-Clefs (1956)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. Constipation Blues-Screaming Jay Hawkins (xxxx) 12. Little Bo-Peep-The Admirations (1959)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. La La-The Four Knights (1963) 14. Miss Fine-The New Yorkers (1961) 15. Wide Hoop Skirts-The Nutmegs (1955) 16. Betty Lou Got a New Pair of Shoes-Bobby Freeman (late 1950s)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Village of Love-Nathaniel Mayer & The Fabulous Twilights (1962) 18. Whispering Sorrows-The Nutmegs (1955) 19. Maybe You'll Be There-Billy & The Essentials (1963) 20. Down in Mexico-The Nutmegs (1955)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. Thinking of You-The Jaguars (1959) 22. This is a Miracle-The Don Juans (1957) 23. Come On Baby-The Van Dykes (1959) 24. The Stars-The Ocapellos (1966) 25. You Won't Be True-The El Vinos (xxxx) 26. The Way Love Should Be-The Nutmegs (1955)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amatuer doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH Pt. 3 OF A TRIBUTE TO THE CLOVERS! ON SHOW #4509
The Clovers Pt. 3 (1956-58)
The Clovers were the most successful rhythm & blues vocal group from 1951 to 1955, racking up 16 top 10 R&B singles during that time-frame. Three of those singles went to #1. Though they didn't have a huge career defining hit, like The Dominoes did with 'Sixty Minute Man, The Clovers claim to fame was consistency. You always knew what you were going to get with a Clovers record. Most of their songs were mid-tempo with tight, limited instrumentation, beautifully blended harmonies and catchy, memorable lyrics. This week, Juke In The Back presents part 3 of a 3 part feature on this ground-breaking pre-rock n roll group. In part 3, we'll cover EVERY Clovers release (both A and B sides) from early 1956 to the middle of 1958. 1956 was the group's last year as hit-makers. They scored two R&B top ten hits with 'Hey Doll Baby' and 'Love, Love, Love' which also hit the pop charts) and then they didn't score another hit until their final hit, 'Love Potion #9' in mid-1959. But during this dry spell, The Clovers managed to release some memorable, quality records, such as the Chuck Willis penned, 'From The Bottom Of My Heart, 'Down In The Alley' and the catchy, 'The Gossip Wheel'. Also, during this time, the group left Atlantic Records and jumped to their manager's Poplar label before ending up on United Artists in 1959. It's the final chapter of my 3 part special on the amazing Clovers, this week on the 'Juke In The Back.'
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Hey Doll Baby - The Clovers - Atlantic 1956 3. Love, Love, Love - The Clovers - Atlantic 1956 4. Your Tender Lips - The Clovers - Atlantic 1956 5. From The Bottom Of My Heart - The Clovers - Atlantic 1956 6. Bring Me Love - The Clovers - Atlantic 1956 7. Baby Baby, Oh My Darling - The Clovers - Atlantic 1956 8. Here Comes Romance - The Clovers - Atlantic 1957 9. You Good Looking Woman - The Clovers - Atlantic 1957 10. I I I Love You - The Clovers - Atlantic 1957 11. So Young - The Clovers - Atlantic 1957 12. Down In The Alley - The Clovers - Atlantic 1957 13. GREAT 78 - A Lonely Fool - The Clovers - Atlantic 1956 14. There's No Tomorrow - The Clovers - Atlantic 1957 15. Wishing For Your Love - The Clovers - Atlantic 1958 16. All About You - The Clovers - Atlantic 1958 17. The Gossip Wheel - The Clovers - Poplar 1958 18. Please Come On To Me - The Clovers - Poplar 1958 19. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another commendable tribute to another R&B great Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND'S ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4510
From the land downunder in Bendigo, Victoria Australia in his studios -- Trevor is back with some fantastic oldies made esp. for Rock-it Radio - and over to your speakers via the World Wide Web!
This week The SUN legend continues. Alton & Jimmy return to The Rock & Roll Dance Party Rockabilly Show and we premier their latest recordings. We pay tribute to the memory of Sammy Masters. A rockabilly gentleman and legend. Laura Lee Perkins slips in with two releases from her latest cd I'm Back And Here We Go! . And We tune into Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 8th recording session October 17th 1956.
Hopped Up Cadillacs & Other Hot Machines
01. Pink Cadillac - Sammy Masters 02. 2 Rock A 4 - Sammy Masters 03. Some Like It Hot - Sammy Masters 04. Flat Feet - Sammy Masters 05. Rockin' Red Wing - Sammy Masters 06. Whop - T - Bop - Sammy Masters 07. Twin Pipes & Pin Stripes - Sammy Masters 08. Cruisin' - Jeff Beck
High School Rock & Roll
09. High School USA ( St.Louis) - Tommy Facenda 10. Yes I Love You Baby - The Blue Caps ( Tommy Facenda )
Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps Sessions
11. B - I - Bickey - BI - BO - Bo - Go - Gene Vincent 12. Pink Thunderbird - Gene Vincent 13. Pretty Pretty Baby - Gene Vincent 14. Cruisin' - Gene Vincent 15. Things Go Better With Coke - Aussie commercial
Alton & Jimmy
16. Alton & Jimmy Id and I've Got It Made In The Shade 17. Alton & Jimmy Id and No More Cryin' The Blues & The Longest Walk 18. Alton & Jimmy Id and Who Put The Rock In Rock & Roll 19. Alton & Jimmy Id and Rockin' In The Shadow Of Sun 20. Tango drink - Aussie Commercial 21. Alton & Jimmy Id and I Just Don't Know 22. Still Shakin' - Alton & Jimmy 23. Nancy's Back In Town - Alton & Jimmy 24 Glen Glenn intro by Dominique Anglares & Lucie 25. Come Back Baby - Glen Glenn
Laura Lee Perkins
26. A Little Tear - Laura Lee Perkins 27. Everybody Rock & Roll - Laura Lee Perkins
Great Rockin' Trev! Would you like to write to Trevor via E mail with any future request, comment or send a g'day he would love to hear from you. His e mail address is: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4511 - CELEBRATING THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF SURF CLASSIC WIPE OUT.
50th ANNIVERSARY OF AIR-PLAY FOR THE SURF CLASSIC, "WIPEOUT". (1963 TO 2013)
Interview with "Rhythm Guitarist for The Surfaris, Bob Berryhill and his lovely wife, Gene Berryhill. Recorded at the Hollywood Show in Las Vegas - November 10th 2012.
Interview Segment #1 - Paul Buff, Owner of the Pal Recording Studio 1) SURFER JOE (1963) Edited Dot Records Version - Three Verses 2) HOT DOGGIN' (1962) from the PAL STUDIO sessions 3) MAGIC SANDS (2003) 4) THRASHER (2003)
Interview Segment #2 - Radio Play from Fresno; Wipeout broke out in April 1963. 5) WIPEOUT (1962) (45 Version) 6) POINT PANIC (1963) (Follow-up Single from DECCA) 7) WALKIN' ON WATER (2003)
Interview Segment #3 - Bob Berryhills "Surfaris" - 2003 - Talking about the Compact Disc and new selections. 8) POWOW AT SECRET COVE (2003) 9) DREAM AT DUSK (2003) 10) NIGHT DRIVE (2003)
Interview Segment #4 - The Decca Years (1963 to 1966) 11) SIMILAU (1963) 12) EARTHQUAKE 13) BLACK DENIM (1965) (Vocal) 14) MY LITTLE BIKE (1965) (Vocal)
Interview Segment #5 - Ron Wilson and the Recording Sessions 15) I WANT TO TAKE A TRIP TO THE ISLANDS (1964) (Vocal) 16) SCATTERED SHIELD (1963)
Interview Segment #6 - Touring the United States and Japan and Bob and Gene. (The Dating Years) 17) MYSTIC ISLAND DRUMS (1964)
Interview Segment #7 - The Surf Music Revival of the 80's. 18) DUNE BUGGY (1963) 19) SURFER JOE (1962) (Long Version) Five Verses 20) WIPEOUT - A Dream Session - If Sandy Nelson (1961) jammed with The Surfaris in (1962). :40 long.
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR WITH A FOCUS ON OBSCURE CAPITOL RECORDS ROCKABILLY IN SHOW #4512
"Rockabilly From Capitol Records" Who can forget the iconic Capitol Tower off Hollywood and Vine, the 13-story circular architectural masterpiece representing records stacked on a spindle? From the queen bee of the record labels, founded in 1942 by Johnny Mercer and associates, comes this selection of early rockabilly. There's also a brief tribute to three artists who passed on in March...Sammy Masters, Eddie Bond and Hardrock Gunter...
1. You're There - Skeets McDonald 1958 2. My Baby Loves To Rock - Del Reeves (Unissued) 3. Playing The Field - Tommy Sands (Unissued) 4. Cell Of Love - Bobby Lewis 1959 5. Merle's Boogie Woogie - Merle Travis 1956 6. Move It On Over - Rose Maddox 1960 7. Try Me - Bob Luman 1958 8. The Worrying Kind - Tommy Sands 1958 9. Barracuda - Cliffie Stone & HIs Band 1955 10. Black Cat - Tommy Collins 1960
IN MEMORIAM 11. Some Like It Hot - Sammy Masters 1956 12. Here Comes That Train - Eddie Bond 1965 13. Take Away Your Rosy Lips - Hardrock Gunter (Unissued)
14. I Went Rockin' - Bobby Norris 1958 15. Cool Down Mame - The Farmer Boys 1955 16. There's Gonna Be A Ball - Rudy Grayzell 1954 17. Slow Down Sweet Mama - Leon Chappel 1953 18. You Make It, They Take It - Jerry Reed (Unissued) 19. Deltone Rock - Dick Dale 1958 20. The Great Empty Room - Jerry Reed 1956 21. You've Got The Touch - Sonny James 1958 22. Last Night At A Party - Faron Young 1958 23. Cash On The Barrel Head - The Louvin Bros 1960 24. Red Hen Hop - The Louvin Bros 1960
Thank you Mike for a real Rockabilly treat and some true obscure classic roots rockabilly in this show. If you would like to comment or make a rockabilly request or just to say hello you can reach Mike at: MikeTaylor@rockitradio.net
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4513.
Ready for some Doo Wop with a super delivery full of energy? Here he is Rockin' Daddy O on his Doo Wop show on Rock-it Radio. Rarities and Gems of Doo Wop songs along with the great standards. Here is this week's playlist when you tune into show #4513 in our program page.
1. Zoom-Cadillacs 2. Love You Baby All The Time-Co-eds 3. I've Got A Notion-Harptones 4. Oo Wee Baby-Ivy Tones 5. You Baby You-Excellents 6. At My Door-Chanters 7. Erlene-Mike & The Utopians 8. Pretty Baby, What's Your Name-Mellows 9. Fine Girl-Calvaes 10. Come On Baby-Cordovans 11. Out Of The Picture-Robins 12. Dance With Me-El Torros 13. Cha Cha Toni-Re-Vels 14. When We're Together-Trinadads 15. The Girl Of My Dreams-Don Juans 16. My Heart Is An Open Door-Students 17. Is It A Dream-Bill Baker 18. Dear Lord-Continentals 19. That's My Girl-Dino & The Heartspinners 20. Swingin' Little Chicky-Belltones 21. Arabia-Delcos 22. Tuscon-Neons 23. Zu Zu-Five Discs
Next week Rockin' Daddy O will be doing his Rockabilly show. But if you have any comments, would like to say Hello! Or a request or dedication! He would love to hear from you at: email@example.com
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4514
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4514.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show.
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4515.
Cool Bobby B is back this week with more great Doo Wop for us in the Doo Wop Stop. Rock-it Radio is proud to be the only Internet station that carries the syndicated Cool Bobby B show and you can tune in anytime around your schedule in our archives page to hear all of the Rock-it Radio programs. This show is so huge with 53 Rockin' Tunes we had to put it in 2 parts in our Archives show! Here is the playlist of his show....
1. Rockin'With The Clock - Shirley & Lee 2. Rainy Day Bells - The Globetrotters 3. Am I Fooling Myself - Kid Kyle 4. My Janita - The Crests 5. I'll Be Forever Loving You - The El Dorados 6. My True Story - The Jive Five 7. Sixteen Candles - The Crests 8. Daddy's Home - Shep & The Limelites 9. Lullabye - The Chevrons 10. WPLJ - The Four Deuces 11. Rama Lama Ding Dong - The Edsels 12. People Get Ready - The Impressions 13. My Own True Love - The Duprees 14. Looking for an Echo - Kenny Vance & The Planotones 15. Denise - Randy & The Rainbows 16. Goodnight My Love - Jesse Belvin 17. What Time Is It? - The Jive Five 18. Nobody Loves Me Like You - The Flamingos 19. That's My Girl - DeJan & The Elgins 20. Arabia - The Delcos 21. We Belong Together - Robert & Johnny 22. So Much In Love - Classic Sounds 23. Lorraine - The Bonnevilles 24. Miss You - The Holidays 25. Zoom Zoom Zoom - The Collegians 26. If You Love Me - The Blue Notes 27. Lavender Blue - Sammy Turner 28. Dear I Swear - The Plants
29. Maybe You'll Be There - Billy & The Essentials 30. Never Never Never - Dyke & The Blazers 31. One Summer Night - Philly Cuzz 32. Mind Over Matter - Nolan Strong & The Diablow 33. And When I'm Near You - Richie & The Royals 34. Puddin n Tain - The Alley Cats 35. In The Still of The Night - Shake, Rattle & Roll 36. Eleventh Hour Melody - The Rivieras 37. Moonlight Cocktails - The Rivieras 38. Why Do Kids Grow Up - Randy & The Rainbows 39. The Wind - Nolan Strong & The Diablos 40. Is There a Love For Me - The Dubs 41. This I Swear - The Skyliners 42. Under The Boardwalk - The Drifters 43. Rockin' Robin - Bobby Day & The Satellites 44. The Things I Love - The Fidelitys 45. Maybe - The Chantels 46. He's Gone - The Chantels 47. You Mean Everything To Me - The Fleetwoods 48. We Go Together -The Moonglows 49. The Time - Baby Washington 50. Shake Sherry - The Edsels 51. The Diary - Kid Kyle 52. Matilda - Cookie & The Cupcakes 53. Goodnight Baby - The Imaginations
Thanks Mr. B for another great doo wop show! We are very lucky to have Cool Bobby B shows here on Rock-it Radio and if you enjoyed the show please let him know that you listened to him on Rock-it Radio. To contact Cool Bobby B you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton! Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO ARCHIVES TO GO INTO STORAGE BY MID APRIL. DEADLINE EXTENDED
As Rock-it Radio makes it's move to Idaho - If you wish to order any archived shows going back to show #001 of Rock-it Radio. We surely appreciate it but want to give you plenty of notice that on the end of March all of our archived shows will go into storage until we make our move. So, we have extended the archived shows unitl April 15th and then won't be available until we make it to Idaho. If you wish to order one of our Rock-it Radio shows - just go to our webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Note: The Launching Pad will remain open (where we sell vintage radio shows from the 50s thru the 70s) will remain open - until we actually begin the move and the last thing to go out of the studio.
MARCH MADNESS SALE -- EXTENDS INTO APRIL TOO!!!!
Rock-it Radio is moving and we are
overstocked, with our Vintage Radio shows - of the 50s thru the 70s.
So, if you place a order with us in the month of March AND NOW ALL OF
APRIL!!!! we will be including a bonus CD of either another vintage
radio broadcast that we have overstocked here, or possibly a Rock-it
Radio show from the past. Most can be over 10 years old! And surely not
We hope that you enjoy our little bonus and you can order from our main webpage of the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
And make sure to keep an eye out for his premiere show!
Welcome aboard Dave!
PROGRAM DIRECTOR LANE QUIGLEY LOOKING FOR A RARE RELEASE ON FLIP RECORDS.
Lane Quigley is looking for a very special release and we are calling on our Rock-it Radio Listeners that hopefully will be able to help him. Lane writes the following message.
I am looking for the following record from 1958. The performer recently passed away, and he did not have a copy in his collection. A mutual friend has asked me if I could try and find a copy. A copy of the 45 would be preferred, but an mp3 would be welcome.
The Song is by -- Robin Paul: Please Wait For Me b/w Your Cold Cold Heart (Flip Records #341).
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from March 25, 2013 to April 2, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
John Berry -- McKeesport, Pennsylvania USA Michael Durrant -- Leeds, United Kingdom Jim Holbrook -- Richmond, Virginia USA Maiquel Bacin-Bolzan -- Jaguari, Brazil Ed Fillman -- Buhl, Minnesota, USA
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 5 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,711 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
N.O. FARMS CERAMIC WORKS TO ASSIST ROCK-IT RADIO AS WELL.
Rock-it Radio's Jammin' Jan is quite a rockin' whimsical potter and artist. And her sales also now goes to help Rock-it Radio as well. Jan (wife of Bennie Dingo) is disabled but several older whimsical ceramic pieces have been released for sale. Along with whatever she is able to make today. She also has a line of whimsical old fruit crate labels she has designed for our small citrus operation.
We invite you to check out these new sites that we have created this past week. And please give a like to the facebook ceramic page.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 4/2/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 2. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) - WLAC Nashville 1967 3. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1974 4. RIR #514 -- John R - WLAC Nashville April 1969 5. RIR #629 -- Charlie Van Dyke -- CKLW Windsor (Detroit) 4/28/1969 6. RIR #467 -- Dr. Don Rose - WQXI - Atlanta 2/28/1967 7. RIR #617 -- Arch Yancey - KNUZ Houston, Texas 6/14/1965 8. RIR #624 -- Bob Green - WKNR Detroit from 3/30/1970 9. RIR #618 -- Jay Reynolds - WIFE Indianapolis from 8/8/1968 10. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Indonesia +0 5. Germany +0 6. France +0 7. Mexico +0 8. Philippines +0 9. Italy +0 10. Netherlands +0 11. Australia +0 12. Japan +0 13. Brazil +0 14. Argentina +0 15. Sweden +0 16. Spain +0 17. Switzerland +1 18. Russia -1 19. Finland +0 20. China +1 21. Serbia +5 22. Austria +1 23. Romania +4 24. New Zealand +1 25. Norway -5 26. Hungary +7 27. Belgium -5 28. India +4 29. South Africa -6 30. United Arab Emirates +5 31. Czech Republic +3 32. Ireland +4 33. Saudi Arabia -3 34. Thailand -5 35. Denmark +4 36. Greece +5 37. Poland +0 38. Israel +0 39. Peru -8 40. Morocco +0 41. Portugal +1 42. Colombia -11 43. Chile +1 44. Taiwan +8 45. Singapore +2 46. Ukraine -3 47. Hong Kong +7 48. Lithuania +7 49. Qatar +2 50. Croatia +4
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. Illinois +0 7. Maryland +5 8. Ohio -1 9. Washington +2 10. Virginia +0 11. New Jersey -3 12. Oregon +3 13. Michigan +0 14. Indiana -5 15. North Carolina -1 16. Missouri +1 17. Massachusetts -1 18. Georgia +0 19. Colorado +1 20. Tennessee +3 21. Arizona -2 22. Wisconsin -1 23. Kentucky +1 24. Connecticut -1 25. Iowa +0 26. West Virginia +2 27. South Carolina +0 28. Minnesota +1 29. Louisiana +4 30. Alabama -4 31. Kansas +0 32. Nevada +0 33. District of Columbia +5 34. Utah +0 35. Rhode Island -2 36. Oklahoma +1 37. Mississippi +6 38. Delaware -4 39. Nebraska -2 40. New Mexico +3 41. New Hampshire +0 42. Arkansas -2 43. Idaho -4 44. South Dakoa +1 45. Maine -1 46. Montana +0 47. Hawaii +0 48. North Dakota +3 49. Wyoming +0 50. Alaska -2 51. Vermont -1
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!