As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, August 19, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4651 to #4658
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4651 TO #4658
We have a special offer this month in the Launching Pad store where you can receive a bonus CD of Wolfman Jack from 1969 with every donation. Details are below the playlists. We have 8 shows all together this week.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
AL COOL DADDY SMITH AND A TRIBUTE TO BILLY WRIGHT IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4651
This show pays tribute to the man without whom Little Richard may never have become the major Rock and Roll figure that he did. He is perhaps remembered only for his role in influencing Little Richard's flamboyant style but he had a body of work of his own that is just as impressive as Little Richard's. In fact , Little Richard's first recordings are basically impersonations of Billy Wright. Billy Wright was also an influence on such greats as Otis Redding and James Brown.
It is time to shine a spotlight on this forgotten but immensely important founder of Rock and Roll.
The play list is as follows:
1. Billy's Boogie-Billy Wright 1950 2. I Keep Drinkin'-Billy Wright 1950 3. Ain't That Good News- Little Richard with The Deuces of Rhythm and The Tempo Toppers 1953 4. New Way of Lovin' -Billy Wright 1952 5. Turn Your Lamps Down Low-Billy Wright 1952 6. Blues For My Baby-Billy Wright 1949 7. You Satisfy-Billy Wright 1949 8. Mean Old Wine-Billy Wright 1951 9. Stacked Deck-Billy Wright 1951 10. Hey Little Girl-Billy Wright 1951 11. Little Richard's Boogie 1956 12. Directly From My Heart-Little Richard 1956 13. Married Woman's Boogie-Billy Wright 1952 14. The Question (What'Cha Gonna Do)-Billy Wright 1955 15. Bad Luck, Heartaches and Trouble-Billy Wright 1955 16. Don't You Want A Man Like Me-Billy Wright 1955 17. Let's Be Friends-Billy Wright 1955 18. This Love of Mine-Billy Wright 1951 19. Mercy, Mercy-Billy Wright 1951 20. After Dark-Billy Wright 1951 21. Man's Brand Boogie-Billy Wright 1950 22. Back Biting Woman 1950
Thanks Al for this great show on Billy Wright and his music and influence. If you would like to write to the Cool Daddy you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== WE COULD USE YOUR SUPPORT
Rock-it Radio is 100% Publicly supported. But when you donate to the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad - we give you a vintage broadcast of your choice. 100% of all sales from the Rock-it Radio Store (Launching Pad) goes back to pay copyright fees, LLC taxes, Internet and bandwidth costs of Rock-it Radio. Without your support we would not exist. So. please consider a purchase at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4652
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 8 - PENNSYLVANIA PART 1"
Spinning Rock Boogie back with more rip-roaring rock 'n' roll from right across the board and Pt 8 of his series "Regional Round-Up" where a particular 'State' of America is featured in each show, and this show features the 'State' of Pennsylvania, with the record labels that came out of that 'State', the towns and cities where those record labels were situated and of course the artists who recorded on them......including, Rock 'n' Roll, Rockabilly, Doo Wop, Girl Groups and Smoochers. So, climb aboard the Rocket, sit back, buckle up and enjoy a trip to the 'State' of Pennsylvania.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Red Blooded American Boy - Don Woody (58) ARCO - Wilkes Barre 03. Be Mine - Willie Ward (58) STAR - Pittsburgh 04. My Gal Is Red Hot - The Carroll Brothers (58) CAMEO - Philadelphia 05. Six Button Benny - Doc Starkes & The Nite Riders (58) SWAN - Philadelphia 06. Won't You Love Me Baby - Kenny Ambrose (59) WILLETT - McKeesport 07. Come Go With Me - The Del-Vikings (56) FEE BEE - South Greensburg 08. Ring-A-Rockin' - Neil Sedaka (58) GUYDEN - Philadelphia 09. If You Were A Rock And Roll Record - Freddie Cannon (62) SWAN - Philadelphia 10. ABC Rock - Sally Starr (59) CLYMAX - Chester 11. Roscoe James McClain - The Tymes (63) PARKWAY - Philadelphia 12. Come On - The Sharps (57) JAMIE - Philadelphia 13. The Wah-Watutsi - The Orlons (62) CAMEO - Philadelphia 14. C'est La Vie - Patti LaBelle & The Blue Bells (63) NEWTOWN - Philadelphia 15. Honey Love - Bunny Paul & The Harptones (54) ESSEX - Philadelphia 16. Trying - Charlie Gracie (58) CAMEO - Philadelphia 17. That Someone Should Be Me - Johnny Rivers (61) CHANCELLOR - Philadelphia 18. Pardon Me - Hayden Thompson (63) ARLEN - Philadelphia 19. Gonna Rock Tonight - The Gainors (58) CAMEO - Philadelphia 20. You Found A New Love - Sue Patrick & The Nomads (65) PROCESS - Franklin 21. Birds 'n' Bees - The Temptations (59) PARKWAY - Philadelphia 22. Little Lump Of Sugar - Scotty McKay (60) SWAN - Philadelphia 23. Rocky Piano - Billy Duke (56) TEEN - Philadelphia 24. Do The Bop - Danny & The Juniors (57) SINGULAR - Philadelphia 25. Forever - The Fabulous Four (62) CHANCELLOR - Philadelphia 26. Action Speaks Louder Than Words - Vic Vickers (64) JAMIE - Philadelphia 27. Miss You Baby - Bob Papotnik (60) KORY - Corry 28. Too Many Times - Doug Beehler (58) WIG WAG - South Greensburg 29. Everybody Outta The Pool - The Lifeguards (59) CASA BLANCA - Philadelphia 30. Rebel Rouser (instrumental) - Duane Eddy (58) JAMIE - Philadelphia 31. Outro - Medley
If you would like to write to DJ Spinning Rock with more comments on this show or would just like to say hello. You can reach him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE & LINKS
If you have any wishes for inclusions that's Rockabilly related you can e mail us here at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4653
From his studios in Branson, Missouri it's time for another segment of Mike Taylor's Rockabilly Hour. This show has the title of "Hey Jim". "Hey Jim!" There may have been only one Elvis during the first decade of R&R, but there were a whole lot of Jims around, singing and being sung about...more than enough to fill up a playlist. This show marks the start of my 14th year at Rock-it Radio!!
1. Hey Jim - Jack Earls 1955 2. Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello - Elvis Presley 1962 3. Jim Dandy - The Spades w/Sara Lee 1961 4. Jimmy Boy - Guido D'Amico 1959 5. Slim Jim Baby - Johnny Dollar Unissued 6. Slim Jim Doll - Von Star (Billy Cates) 1965 7. Skinny Jim - Eddie Cochran 1956 8. Jim Bridger - Johnny Horton 1959 9. Working All My Life - Jim Nesbitt 1964 10. Mother-In-Law - Jim Nesbitt 1964 11. That's What Love Will Do - Jimmy & Johnny Unissued 12. Nobody Knows Where You Go - Jimmy Lee 1963 13. Sixteen Tons R&R - Jimmy Murphy 1956 14. Yah! I'm Movin' - Jimmy Patton 1958 15. Hot Rod Race - Ramblin' Jimmy Dolan 1950 16. Rock Me Baby - Jimmy Haggett 1956 17. Ready To Rock - Jim Morrison 1958 18. Baby Sitter Rock - Jimmy James & The Candy Kanes 1958 19. A Woman's Mind - Jimmy Merrill & The ???? 1960 20. Easy Rockin' Chair - Jimmy Ordge 1961 21. Long Black Train - Jimmy Farmer & The Bayou Boys 1962 22. Tennessee Ghost Train - Jimmie Dale 1959 23. Old Moss Back - Jim Oertling w/The Notes 1965 24. If You Love My Woman - Jimmy Witter & The Shadows 1956
HAPPY 14TH YEAR ABOARD THE ROCK-IT MIKE!!
Hard to believe it's been 14 years since Mike has been aboard Rock-it Radio! And we are sure glad we have him. If you have any requests, or comments or just to say hello you can reach Mike at: email@example.com
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4654
This week Jackie Bond is back with more rockin' rock and roll and rockabilly from his studios in the UK. It's another great selection and here is the playlist.
1. Rockin' Little Mama - Jittery Jack 2. Lou Lou - Darrell Rhodes 3. Hot Rod Twang - Whirlwind 4. My Babe - Ricky Nelson 5. Tennessee Woman - The Planet Rockers 6. Get Rhythm - The Bopcats 7. Jug Band Jump - Delbert Barker 8. If I Had Me A Woman - Mac Curtis 9. Paint My Feelings - Buck Stevens 10. Come On And Dance - The Wanderers 11. Red Cadillac And A Black Moustahe - Warren Smith 12. Hot Rod Lincoln - Charlie Ryan 13. Rockaboogie Shake - Gene Summer 14. Mister Whiz - Hal Peters 15. Maybelline - Marty Robbins 16. Rakin' And Scrapin' - Dean Beard 17. Night Train To Memphis -Red Foley 18. I Wanna Dance - Angie And The Citations 19. The Shake - George Fleming 20. You The Mostest Girl - Bobby Trammell 21. Bongo Rock - Preston Epps 22. We Need Elvis Back - The Katmen 23. The Love's All Gone - The Katmen 24. Darlin Darlene - Lee Rocker 25. How You Doin' - The Buick 55's 26. Anytime(Anytime) - Liam Grundy 27. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Would you like to hear your request played by Jackie Bond or would just have a comment or would like to say hello? You can reach Jackie Bond at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4655
Dave is back with another segment of the Relics and Rarities show this week on Rock-it Radio. Filled with great memories of the 60s. Here is the playlist of what you will hear.
1. Astronauts - Busters 2. Do Wacka Doo - Roger Miller 3. Love Ain't Enough - Buckinghams 4. I Want To Be With You - Cherry Drops 5. Muscle Beach Party - Annette 6. Don't Think It's Me - Miracles 7. Would She Do That For You - Mary Saenz 8. It's Too Late - Bobby Vee & Crickets 9. Don't Be Scared - Rip Chords 10.Summer's Here - Shades 11.What's Causing This Sensation - Chessmen 12.You're Nose Is Gonna Grow - Johnny Crwaford 13.The Panic Is On - Roy Hamilton 14.If This World Were Mine - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell 15.Philly Walk - Boogie Kings 16.You Will Never Get Away - Cholli Maye 17.Every Little Bit Hurts - Bobby Rydell 18.You Want It You Got It - Detroit Emeralds 19.Ladies Man - Uniques (Discovery) 20.Temptation's Bout To Get Me - Knight Brothers
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4656
This week's Memory Lane Show brings another two dozen hot records from the greatest era of music in history. Along with sound bites from the folks who created the music, host Lane Quigley shares a family treasure with a recording of his father's from the mid-1940's together with the hit from 1960 that it inspired.
Here is the playlist: 1. A Foolish Fool - Benn Joe Zeppa 1956 2. The 81 - Candy & The Kisses 1964 3. Tore Up - Harmonica Fats 1963 SOUND BITE 4. Race With The Devil - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 1956 5. He Walks Like A Man - Jody Miller 1964 6. Alone With You - Faron Young 1958 7. Pachuko Hop - Chuck Higgins 1953 SOUND BITE 8. He's a Good Guy (Yes He Is) - The Marvelettes 9. Try Try Baby - Clyde McPhatter & The Drifters 1954 10. My Dearest Darling - Etta James 1960 11. Tough Enough - The Jay-o's 1956 SOUND BITE 12. Three Window Coupe - The Rip Chords 1964 13. Bambalam - The Du Droppers 1953 14. I Wake Up Crying - Chuck Jackson 1961 SOUND BITE 15. Native Girl - The Native Boys 1954 16. I Wake Up Crying - Chuck Jackson 1961 17. Time Is On My Side - Irma Thomas 1964 SOUND BITE 18. Shimmy Like Kate - The Olympics 1960 19. Shimmy Like My Sister Kate - Bob Crosby Orch. featuring Quigg Quigley 1946 20. Back With My Baby - Kenni Woods 1963 SOUND BITE 21. I'm Alright - Little Anthony & The Imperials 1959 22. Where Are You Now My Love? - Jackie Trent 1965 23. Warm, Soft and Lovely - Johnnie & Joe 1957 24. Hey There Lonely Boy - Ruby & The Romantics 1963
Thanks Lane for another great show! If you have any requests, dedications or would just like to say Hello to Lane you can at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4657.
Cool Bobby B is back this week with another great set of Doo Wops. This week is a bit of a special as the Battle of the Doo Wop All Stars featuring Doo Wop bands out there today along with a focus on The Platters. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Rockin' with the Clock -- Shirley and Lee (0pening theme) 2. Barbara Ann -- The Regents 3. I love you -- The Reynolds Brothers 4. Smoke gets in your eyes -- The Platters 5. The Magic Touch -- The Platters 6. I'm so happy -- Kenny Vance & The Planotones 7. Legend of love -- The Legends 8. Ding Dong -- The Echoes 9. Only you -- The Platters 10. Memories of you -- The Fidelitys 11. One Summer night -- Philly Cuzz 12. Bim Bam Boom -- The El Dorados 13. The Great Pretender -- The Platters 14. I'm so young -- Classic Sounds 15. Enchanted -- The Platters 16. The things I love -- The Fidelitys 17. Don't jsut stand there, do something -- Five Chords 18. Let's let's let's go -- Hank Ballard & Midnighters 19. Never -- The Earls 20. Please Please Please -- James Brown & Famous Flames 21. If I don't care -- The Platters 22. With this ring -- The Platters 23. While walking -- A moments pleasure 24. Your last chance -- The Dovells 25. Peace of mind -- Magnificent Men 26. Harbor Lights -- The Platters 27. Countdown to love -- BQE 28. Choosy Beggar -- The Miracles 29. So Fine -- The Fiestas 30. I'm sorry -- The Platters 31. So in love -- JIm Getz & The Jewelers 32. Rocking in the Jungle -- The Eternals 33. Wishing ring -- Five Satins 34. Miss You -- The Holidays 35. Glory of love -- The Platters
If you would like to contact Cool Bobby B and to say hello or have your request filled or to send your 3 favorite doo wop songs of all time to Cool Bobby B -- Or just to send a comment on his show you can contact him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW WITH MORE SWAMP POP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4658
Since I'm at the Program Number 50 Mark. I thought it would be nice to do a program on SWAMP ROCK. You seemed to have enjoyed my SWAMP POP mid-50's to 1961 program. soooo let's give SWAMP ROCK a chance. Who is the KING and QUEEN of the SWAMP ROCK sound? Think about it! It's peak year was 1969 with CREEDENCE, ELVIS and TONY JOE WHITE. Hope you enjoy the SWAMP ROCK SHOW and thanks for supporting Back In Time. SWAMP ROCK is a Southern Rock...Delta Blues sound. SWAMP POP was a rock-a-billy/Cajun sound.
SWAMP ROCK ARTIST - J. J. CALE - TRIBUTE SONG. 1) CRAZY MAMA - J. J. CALE (1972)
Queen of SWAMP ROCK - BOBBIE GENTRY 2) ODE TO BILLIE JOE - BOBBIE GENTRY (1967)
SWAMP MOVIE PARODY - THE CREATURE GET MARRIED
King of SWAMP ROCK - Pick your Favorite. 3) POLK SALAD ANNIE - TONY JOE WHITE (1969) 4) SUSPICIOUS MINDS - ELVIS PRESLEY (1969) 5) RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE - JOHN FOGERTY - CCR (1970)
6) CATFISH MD DANCE - THE VENTURES (1969) 7) MUDDY MISSISSIPPI LINE - BOBBY GOLDSBORO (1969) MISSISSIPPI DELTA - BOBBIE GENTRY (1967) 9) BORN ON A BAYOU - THE SHORT-KUTS (1969) 10) RIGHT PLACE, WRONG TIME - DR. JOHN/THE NIGHT TRIPPER (1969) 11) DELTA LADY - JOE COCKER (1969) 12) ROOSEVELT AND IRA LEE - TONY JOE WHITE (1969) 13) WALK ON GILDED SPLINTERS - CHER (1969) 14) GROOVY GRUBWORM - HARLOW WILCOX & THE OAKIES ('69) 15) CHICKISHAW COUNTY CHILD - BOBBIE GENTRY 16) GREEN RIVER - CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL ('69) 17) HUSH - JOE SOUTH (1967) (Original Version) 18) TRUE LOVE TRAVELS A GRAVEL ROAD - ELVIS PRESLEY ('69) 19) MORNING GLORY - BOBBIE GENTRY & GLEN CAMPBELL ('69)
Into the 70's 20) UNCLE ELIJAH - BLACK OAK ARKANSAS (1973) 21) SWEET HOME ALABAMA - LYNARD SKYNARD (1974) (45 Edited Version)
Thanks Mel -- Swamp Pop is one of my favorite Genres as well. If you would like to write to Mel or just to say hello. You can reach him at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
WOLFMAN JACK SHOW GIVEAWAY FOR REMAINDER OF AUGUST In a special way of saying thanks to our listeners that support Rock-it Radio. We are going to giveaway with every order a Wolfman Jack show from October 1, 1969. It is RIR #200 in our catalog. To everyone that makes a purchase in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad and orders a vintage broadcast from the Launching Pad or orders a Rock-it Radio show from these two sites. http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html or http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE WINNERS. Last month we played the 15th annual East Coast vs. West Coast oldies show. We drew 5 lucky winners and they were.
First Place: Brian Cantin Second Place: Brian Logan - Canada - Has not replied to e mail notification. Third Place: Barbara O'Conner -- Philadelphia, Pa. USA Fourth Place: Jack Bradshaw - Ontario Canada Fifth Place: Jack Friesen - Ontario, Canada (We still need your mailing address)
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from August 13, 2013 to August 19, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Dean Tomasula -- Port Chester, New York USA Edith Hopkin -- Hakin, New South Wales Australia Patrick Cortazar -- Dunmore, Pennsylvania USA Ray Nelson -- Mays Landing, New Jersey USA Jennifer Delgado -- Hemet, California USA Glenda Launders -- United Kingdom Edward Bilodeau -- Gillette, Wyoming USA Scott Bumgartner -- Sherman, Texas USA Steve Lux -- DeKalb, Illinois USA
And 7 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of
new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,072 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 8/19/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 2. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 3. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 4. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 5. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 6. RIR #486 -- Emperor Rosko - Radio Caroline (UK Pirate) 1/16/1967 7. RIR #624 -- Bob Green - WKNR Detroit 3/30/1970 8. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 9. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor, Ontario 7/12/1967 10. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 8/19/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 206 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Mexico +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Brazil +0 5. Canada +0 6. Italy +0 7. France +0 8. Germany +0 9. Spain +2 10. Australia +0 11. Finland +2 12. Philippines -3 13. Japan +1 14. Netherlands -3 15. Hungary +0 16. Russia +0 17. Colombia +5 18. Sweden -1 19. Argentina -2 20. Peru +1 21. Belgium -1 22. Czech Republic -4 23. Ireland +1 24. India -1 25. Dominican Republic +5 26. Chile +1 27. Switzerland -2 28. South Africa -4 29. Saudi Arabia -1 30. Denmark +13 31. Norway +0 32. Thailand -3 33. Poland -1 34. New Zealand -4 35. Bolivia +4 36. Austria +0 37. Morocco +0 38. Hong Kong -8 39. Uruguay -4 40. Indonesia +1 41. Nicaragua +6 42. Romania -4 43. Panama +9 44. Greece -9 45. Serbia -11 46. Guatemala -2 47. Portugal +3 48. Paraguay -5 49. Ukraine -4 50. Portugal +3
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. Florida +0 5. Texas +1 6. New Jersey -1 7. Massachusetts +1 8. Washington -1 9. Illinois +1 10. Maryland -1 11. North Carolina +0 12. Ohio +2 13. Indiana +0 14. Virginia +1 15. Missouri -3 16. Michigan +2 17. Tennessee +0 18. Arizona +1 19. Kansas -3 20. Colorado +0 21. Georgia +11 22. Oregon +0 23. Connecticut -2 24. Wisconsin +1 25. Kentucky -4 26. Alabama -6 27. Iowa +1 28. South Carolina -4 29. Louisiana +0 30. Rhode Island +3 31. Minnesota -10 32. Oklahoma +3 33. Nevada -5 34. Nebraska +2 35. Delaware +3 36. Utah -8 37. Arkansas +0 38. West Virginia -7 39. District of Columbia +1 40. New Mexico +2 41. New Hampshire +0 42. Maine +2 43. Idaho -5 44. Hawaii -1 45. Montana +2 46. Alaska +3 47. Mississippi -5 48. Wyoming -2 49. Vermont -4 50. South Dakota +0 51. North Dakota +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!