As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, August 5, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4630 to #4641
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Happy August everyone! The last month of Summer on the Northern part of the world. We have 12 new shows in our program webpage. And the 15th annual East Coast vs. West Coast oldies challenge has ended. We will be announcing the results this week and draw and announce the winners of the drawing next week. In the mean time we also have the end of the month drawing for the month of July. So, if you purchased anything from the Launching Pad this past month check your name in the newsletter and see if you are a winner!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4630 - Top 25's THAT WE'RE ONE HIT WONDERS Pt. 3 It's always been difficult to get one hit record. But for some artists, it was harder to get a SECOND hit record. For every Elvis or Fats or Drifters, there were dozens of performers who had fleeting success but were not able to sustain a career. This week's Memory Lane Show begins a mini-series of programs entitled "Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's - One Hit Wonder Edition." In this series, host Lane Quigley will feature artists who had their day in the spotlight with a Top 40 hit on the U.S. charts --- but never again were able to crack the U.S. Hot 100. Get ready to jog your memory with these 25 lost hits:
We don't have a playlist for this show yet, but we will add it in next week's newsletter.
Thank you Lane for another great Flashback to Top 40 Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to give Lane a friendly hello! You can reach him at: email@example.com
And he is also on Facebook now as well!
============================================== JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4631
From across the Pond in the UK it's Jackie Bond playing some rockin' rockabilly from his studios. And Rock-it Radio is blessed to have him here on Rock-it Radio. Here is what you will hear when you click to the speaker to show #4631!
1. Cadillac Rock - Linda Gail Lewis 2. Blue Ribbon Baby - Tommy Sands and The Raiders 3. Down The Road Apiece - The Refreshments 4. Bell Bottom Boogie - Rockin Bonnie and The Rot Gut Shots 5. Rockabilly Music - Ray Campi 6. How Come It - George Jones 7. Straight Skirt - Gene Summers 8. His Rockin Little Angel - Rosie Flores 9. Red Hot - Billy Lee Riley 10. Bird Dog - Don Woody 11. Let's Talk About Us - Pat Roberts 12. All Reet - Pep Torres 13. Dance To The Bop - Gene Vincent 14. Blues Train To Hell - Foggy Mountain Rockers 15. Rock n Roll - Big Rumble 16. Cruise Inn Boogie - Chrome Daddies 17. The Shape I'm In - Johnny Restivo 18. Four O'Clock Baby - Darrell Rhodes 19. Jammin Granny - The Creepers 20. Ding Dong Darling - Carter Rays 21. All I Can Do Is Cry - The Blue cats 22. Ghost Of Casey Jones - Rod Morris 23. 200 Miles - Danny Wild 24. Cat Talkin - The Slippers 25. Better Believe It - The Kingsmen 26. Lonesome For A Letter - Sanford Clark 27. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Would you like to write to Jackie and let him have some comments, hellos and future requests on his show? You can just e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== TONY WARNER AND THE TIMELESS TRACKS SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4632
Tony is back!!!! With another fantastic hit parade of music of the 50s and 60s this week on Rock-it Radio. From his studios in Little Rock Arkansas! Here is his show. Tony Warner & Timeless Tracks blends a mix of R&B, Doo-Wop, Rockabilly and Teen Pop from the late 5os and early 60s as you would've heard it on the radio back then. From the Hits to the Forgotten to the Unknown, Tony plays it all in every show. Here's the playlist for this edition of Timeless Tracks with Tony Warner:
1. Sister Sookey - Turbans 2. Slaughter on 10th Ave. - Ventures 3. That's How Heartaches Are Made - Baby Washington 4. Sandy - Ronny & The Daytonas 5. You Can't Sit Down - Phil Upchurch Combo 6. Sound-off - Titus Turner 7. Later For You Baby - Solitaires 8. Jimmy's Girl - Johnny Tillotsen 9. Paradise - Temptations 10. When I'm Gone - Brenda Hollowell 11. Lovely Dee - Untouchables 12. Zing Went The Strings of My Heart - Skyliners 13. View From My Window 14. Baby Sweets - Spanials 15. Hold On To What You've Got - Joe Tex 16. Can I Come Over Tonite? - Velours 17. Money. That's What I Want - Barrett Strong 18. Cry, Cry Cry - Jack Scott 19. What Am I Living For? - Conway Twitty 20. I DidnÊ¼t Want To Do It - Spiders 21. Time - Doris Troy 22. Wrong Girl - Showmen 23. You're Nothin But A Girl - Tokens 24. Do You Remember - Sparkletones 25. Have A Good Time - Sue Thompson
Thanks Tony for another fantastic show here on Rock-it Radio! Do you have a request, or comment or just would like to say hello to Tony you can at: email@example.com
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND AND THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4633
We pay tribute to the Santo & Johnny. Johnny Farina a steel guitar legend, slips in to play for us some great tracks from his new Cd " Steel Guitar Rag ". Johnny reminisces about the career of Johnny and his guitar playing brother Santo. We tune into Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 12 th recording session December 6th 1957 at Capitol Towers. The delightful Margaret Lewis gives us a taste of what's to come on Rock And Roll Dance Party Rockabilly Show. In a future show Margaret will join us for a chat and a platter party.
Santo & Johnny 01. Sleep Walk ( remake ) - Johnny Farina 02. Johnny Farina interview with Trevor Hyland. 03. All Night Diner - Johnny Farina 04. Caravan - Santo & Johnny 05. Ghost Riders In The Sky - Johnny Farina 06. Pipeline - Johnny Farina 07. Steel Guitar Rag - Johnny Farina
Gene Vincent Sessions 08. Your Cheatin' Heart - Gene Vincent & The Bluecaps. 09. Baby Blue - Gene Vincent & The Bluecaps. 10. Walkin' Home from School - Gene Vincent & The Bluecaps. 11. It's No Lie - Gene Vincent & The Bluecaps.
High School U.S.A. 12. High School U.S.A. ( Alabama Georgia ) - Tommy Facenda
Alvis Wayne 13. Swing Bop Boogie - Alvis Wayne 14. Lay Your Head On My Shoulder - Alvis Wayne
Margaret Lewis 17. Shake A Leg - Margaret Lewis 18. One Day Another Tomorrow - Margaret Lewis
Great Show Trevor! Do you have any future requests from the rockabilly dj king from Downunder? Or would just like to say hello or comments you can write to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE SHOW TO RUTH BROWN #3 IN ROCK-IT SHOW #4634
Ruth Brown Pt. 3 (1953-55)
Ruth Brown was Atlantic Records first big star. She was so successful, racking up 24 R&B hits for the fledging label, that Atlantic was often called the "house that Ruth built." This week, "Juke In The Back" continues its 3 part feature celebrating the music and influence of "Miss Rhythm." Part 3 will feature another hour of Brown's gritty, tough R&B and sweet ballads beginning in the middle of 1953 and continuing up through her first single release of 1955. During this period, she would score 2 more #1 hits with "Oh What A Dream," which was written for her by Chuck Willis and "Mambo Baby." These Ruth Brown sessions were co-produced by Jerry Wexler, who had joined Atlantic Records in '53 as Atlantic's co-founder Herb Abramson was drafted into the Army. Rock n' roll was about to hit the mainstream as we close this final part of our Ruth Brown complete singles chronology. Next week, our look at Ruth Brown continues as we introduce a bonus show that will feature every one of her remaining charting singles from 1955-1960.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. The Shrine Of St. Cecilia - Ruth Brown - Unissued 1951 3. Wild Wild Young Men - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1953 4. Mend Your Ways - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1953 5. The Tears Keep Tumbling Down - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1953 6. I Would If I Could - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1953 7. Love Contest - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1954 8. If You Don't Want Me (I Don't Want No Part Of You) - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1954 9. Hello Little Boy - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1954 10. If I Had Any Sense - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1954 11. Oh What A Dream - Ruth Brown & Her Rhythmakers - Atlantic 1954 12. Please Don't Freeze - Ruth Brown & Her Rhythmakers- Atlantic 1954 13. GREAT 78 - It's All In Your Mind - Ruth Brown & The Delta Rhythm Boys - Atlantic 1954 14. Mambo Baby - Ruth Brown & Her Rhythmakers - Atlantic 1954 15. Somebody Touched Me - Ruth Brown & Her Rhythmakers - Atlantic 1954 16. Ever Since My Baby's Been Gone - Ruth Brown & Her Rhythmakers - Atlantic 1955 17. Bye Bye Young Men - Ruth Brown & Her Rhythmakers - Atlantic 1955 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another GREAT show Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4635
From the Netherlands we bring you another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. Besides music from the USA we also have 10 European songs from Germany, the UK, Belgium, Denmark and the Netherlands. So, turn up the volume and enjoy the ride.
1. Over and over - Johnny Preston - 196x 2. Love and kisses - Janis Martin - 1957 3. Tennessee Border - Mess of Booze - 1993 4. You're gonna have to come and get it - Jack Reno - 1967 5. Mamma Pappa twist - Crazy Rockers - 1963 6. You are the one - Dennis Volk - 1960 7. The rebel - Sunset Trio - 1996 8. Teenage boogie - Dennis Wayne - 1957 9. Trumpet - Deke Dickerson - 2008 10. Beer drinking daddy - Johnny Champion - 1968 11. Tonight you better - Black Raven - 2001 12. White lightning - Big Bopper - 1958 13. White lightning - Hillbilly Boogiemen - 1998 14. Cut that out - Nitehawks - 1960 15. I'm heading home - Narvel Felts - 1997 16. My advice - Billy Fury - 1960 17. Put your cat clothes on - Carl Perkins - 1957 18. Love and the auctioneer - Bruce Mullen - 1968 19. Uberfordert - The Lennerockers - 2002 20. Rollin' dynamite - Scotty McKay - 1959 21. Baby of mine - Tom Dorsam - 1964 22. Woman trouble - Ragin' Stuff - 199x 23. Look what you've done to my heart - Calhoun Twins - 1966 24. Rockabilly man - El Rio Trio - 2005 25. Drina Marsch - Jorgen Ingmann - 1963
Some great tunes to be heard in this show for sure! Jack has that talent to pick the best songs from both sides of the Atlantic! If you have requests or comments or would just like to say hello to Jack. You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE & LINKS
If you have any wishes for inclusions that's Rockabilly related you can e mail us here at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4636 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Submarine Race-The Visuals (1962) 3. Hoping for Your Return-The Savoys (1956) 4. I'm Happy-The Four Dates (1958) 5. Need Your Love-The Flamingos (1955) 6. Unchained Melody-The Five Discs (1978) 7. I Remember-The Five Discs (1958) 8. Rag Doll-The Four Seasons (1964) 9. I'm On My Way-Bobby Saunders & group (1961) 10. Cards of Love-Tico & The Triumphs (1963)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. Nuts 'N' Sprinkles-The Bop Shop (circa 1970s) 12. Particle Man-They Might Be Giants (1990)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. (I Don't Stand a) Ghost of a Chance-The Five Keys (circa 1951) 14. This is Goodbye-The Storytellers (1991) 15. Willie and the Hand Jive-The Johnny Otis Show (1958) 16. Nowhere But Heaven-In2theSon (2010)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. (by request) Gloria-Arthur Lee May & The Crowns (1955) 18. Pretty Little Girl-The Monarchs (1956) 19. If I Should Fall Behind-Dion (DiMucci) & group (2000) 20. Goodnight Baby-The Imaginations (1961)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. Ain't Cha Ever Coming Home-The Starlites (xxxx) 22. Wedding Song-The Fabulaires (1963) 23. One Two Many Lies-The Five Boroughs (1990) 24. One Little Teardrop-The Castelles (1989) 25. Oh, What a Night-The Tokens (1960)
26. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amatuer doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4637
This week Mel plays his neighbors Norman's 45's. From his studios in Fresno, California. Here is the playlist.
1. Norman -- Sue Thompson 2. Sorry (I ran all the way home) -- The Impalas 3. The Ballad of Davy Crockett -- Bill Hayes 4. April Love -- Pat Boone 5. When the swallows come back to Capistrano - Pat Boone 6. Sail along Sil'vry moon -- Bill Vaughn 7. What's your name -- Don & Juan 8. Tell me -- Dick and Dee Dee 9. Sidewalk Surfing -- Jan and Dean 10. Beep Beep -- The Playmates 11. The Purple people eater - Sheb Wooley 12. Catch a falling star -- Perry Como 13. Kewpie Doll -- Perry Como 14. Lollipop -- The Chordettes 15. Peter Gunn -- Ray Anthony 16. Doll House -- Donnie Brooks 17. Blue Moon -- The Marcels 18. New Orleans -- Gary U.S. Bonds 19. Ridin' the wind -- The Tornadoes 2o. There's a moon out tonight -- The Capris
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH WITH A ROY ORBISON TRIBUTE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4638.
From Studio C in Brampton, Ontario Canada the 'Cool Daddy' is back with a special feature on rare releases of Roy Orbison. This show features very rare recordings by a number of artists but concentrates on rarities by perhaps the greatest voice in Rock and Roll, Roy Orbison!! If you haven't caught it yet also in last week's newsletter - Rob Benson did an excellent article on Roy Orbision. The play list is as follows:
1. Go Go Go-Roy Orbison 1956 2. Trying To Get To You [Alternate take]-Roy Orbison 1955 3. You're My Baby-Roy Orbison 1956 4. Quite A Party-The Fireballs 1961 5. Bring My Cadillac Back-Baker Knight and The Knightmares 1956 6. I Go To Pieces-Del Shannon 1965 7. I Like Love-Roy Orbison 1957 8. Mean Little Mama [alternate take] -Roy Orbison 1957 9. Problem Child-Roy Orbison 1957 10. Hard Rock-Red Prysock 1951 11. My Heart Became Of Age-Annette [ with The Afterbeats] 1959 12. Hunter Hancock Radio Ad. 1956 13. Hum De Hum-The Gassers 1956 14. Bye Bye Love-Roy Orbison 1961 15. Love Hurts-Roy Orbison 1961 16. The Great Pretender-Roy Orbison 1962 17. Hey Girl-Roscoe Gordon 1957 18. Sittin' At The Bar-Jr. Parker 1954 19. Hey Little Girl-Billy "The Kid" Emerson 1954 20. Nightlife-Roy Orbison 1962 21. Wedding Day-Roy Orbison 1962 22. What'd I Say-Roy Orbison 1964 23. Humble Bumble Bee-The Platters 1955 24. Beer Barrel Boogie-The Platters 1955 25. Don't Tickle Me-The Platters 1955 26. Say You're My Girl-Roy Orbison 1965 27. Goodnight-Roy Orbison 1965
Al loves getting e mails from his listeners as well, so if you have any future requests, dedications or comments you can e mail him at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4639
The Rockin' Daddy O returns with some Doo Wop that will rock your socks right off of your saddle shoes! Here is the playlist of what you will hear when you click the speaker next to show #4639 in our Program webpage.
1. Never Let You Go-Five Discs 2. Magic Kiss-Keystoners 3. She's Mine-Guytones 4. She's Mine, All Mine-King Krooners 5. Every Day Of The Week-Students 6. Little Man-Galaxies 7. Do The Del Viking-Patrice Holloway 8. (I'm In Love With) The Garbage Man-Linda Carr & Impossibles 9. Gloria-Arthur Lee Maye & Crowns 10. Don't Say Tomorrow-Prisonaires 11. You're So Fine-Extraordinaires 12. Montecello-Concords 13. Chop Chop Ching A Ling-Roamers 14. Ko Ko Wop-El Capris 15. Mama Ubangi Bangi-Four Sounds 16. Pickin' On The Wrong Chicken-Five Stars 17. Knock Kneed Rooster-Hank Moore 18. Funny What A Little Kiss Can Do-Untouchables 19. Matrimony-Tiny Tip & Tip Tops 20. My Vow To You-Students 21. Sputnik Dance-Equadors 22. Dead Wrong-Five Stars 23. Please Don't Take Away The Girl I Love-Shieks 24. Daddy's Gonna Tell You No Lie-Cosmic Rays 25. So Long-Fats Domino
Do you have a doo wop request or even a rockabilly request in his rockabilly show? Or would just like to say hello? Or comments? You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4640
Dave is back this week with another great set of rarities you just don't hear on terrestrial radio anymore. And rarely when it was new! See if any of these songs might jar a happy memory or two!
Unfortunately we have no playlist for this show.
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
============================================== COOL BOBBY B'S DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4641
Cool Bobby B is back this week with more Doo Wop and Group Harmony from the 50s & 60s and even today! Here is this week's playlist of what you will hear on the Doo Wop Stop.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee 2. I'm not a juvenile delinquent -- Frankie Lymon & Teenagers 3. Long Tall Girl -- The Carnations 4. This I swear -- The Skyliners 5. Never let you go -- 5 Discs 6. Why do fools fall in love -- The Chiclettes 7. Why do you have to go -- Kenny Vance & The Planotones 8. Cool Bobby B -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 9. Sunday kind of love -- The Harptones 10. Guardian Angel -- The Imaginations 11. Say it isn't so -- Swinging Hearts 12. My Hero -- The Blue Notes 13. To the Aisle -- 5 Satins 14. Happy Happy Birthday baby --The Tuneweavers 15. Drip Drop -- Dion 16. Some people think -- The Capris 17. Devil or Angel -- The Clovers 18. Gonna make him my baby -- April Young 19. I'll be forever loving you -- The Marcels 20. Get a job -- The Silhouettes 21. You can have her -- Roy Hamilton 22. Eternally -- The Chantels 23. Mope ity Mope -- The Boss Tones 24. Let me in -- The Sensations 25. Rocket Ride -- Johnny Greco 26. Wine Wine Wine -- The Nightcaps 27. WPLJ -- 4 Deuces 28. Tonight I fell in love -- The Tokens 29. Gloria -- The Cadillacs 30. Hong Kong -- The Quinns 31. Tears on my pillow -- Little Anthony & Imperials 32. I'm so happy -- Lewis Lymon & Teenchords 33. Wait a minute -- Tim Tam and the Turn ons 34. So in love -- The Tymes 35. Funny Girl -- Frankie & The Fashions 36. Whisper -- The Avons
THE VOTES ARE IN!!! EAST COAST WINS 15 TH ANNUAL OLDIES BATTLE. RESULTS BELOW.
Votes for the 15th annual East West music showdown have been counted and the winner is the West. Rock-it D J Lane Quigley and his west coast tunes took 7 of the 12 rounds while D J Bill Green and his east coast song selections won 4 rounds. There was one tie. Thanks to all the Rockiteers who voted in this years Showdown. Five lucky participants will be selected at random to win a fabulous prize from the Rock-it Launching Pad store. Winners will be notified via email by station manager Bennie Dingo. (And we will get those out to you this week)
Here are the voting results by round:
ROUND 1: BI-COASTAL 53% WEST: Dirty Water - The Standells 1966 47% EAST: California Nights - Lesley Gore 1967
ROUND 2: SECOND TIME AROUND 50% WEST: You Cheated - The Shields 1958 50% EAST: Dedicated To The One I Love - The Shirelles 1959/61
ROUND 3: I'VE HEARD THAT LICK BEFORE 43% WEST: The Fool - Sanford Clark 1956 57% EAST: Down In The Boondocks - Billy Joe Royal 1965
ROUND 4: ISN'T THAT STRANGE? 34% WEST: Strange Love - The Native Boys 1956 66% EAST: Strange Feeling - Billy Steward 1963
ROUND 5: DIGGIN' THE SAX MAN 35% WEST: Riot In Cell Block #9 - The Robins (Gil Bernal) 1954 65% EAST: Charlie Brown - The Coasters (King Curtis) 1959
ROUND 6: BACKING TRACKS? 78% WEST: Where Lovers Go - The Jaguars 1964 22% EAST: Do Do Do Bah Ah - Bert Keyes 1965
ROUND 7: SAME DAY, DIFFERENT COAST 61% WEST: If a Man Answers - Bobby Darin 1962 39% EAST: Friendly Loans - The Marcels 1962
ROUND 8: WHO'S ON THAT RECORD? 56% WEST: Desire - The Trophies 1962 44% EAST: Need You - Johnny Jack 1962
ROUND 9: THE HOTTEST NIGHT CLUB IN TOWN 60% WEST: Seventh Son - Johnny Rivers 1965 40% EAST: Shout - Joey Dee & The Starlighters 1962
ROUND 10: IT'S A CRIME 78% WEST: Uh Oh I'm Falling In Love Again - Jimmie Rodgers 1958 22% EAST: I'm So Lonely (What Will I Do)? - Shane Sheppard 1960
ROUND 11: GEORGIA (GIBBS) ON MY MIND 29% WEST: Roll With Me Henry - Etta James 1955 71% EAST: Tweedle Dee - Lavern Baker 1955
ROUND 12: ONE HIT WONDERS 53% WEST: Love You Son - Ron Holden & The Thunderbirds 1960 47% EAST: Let Me Go, Lover - Joan Weber 1955
The drawn winners will receive the following prizes.
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html PLUS 6 Vintage Rock-it Radio shows.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 1 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at: www.rockitradio.net/store.html And 4 vintage Rock-it Radio Shows.
3rd Place: A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store. And 2 vintage Rock-it Radio shows.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show. And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast.
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from July 28, 2013 to August 4, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Imdaffy -- ?? Tony Rowley -- Carrick Fergus, United Kingdom Leonardo Sampaio -- London, United Kingdom Harry Fischer -- Hurst, Texas USA
And 11 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of
new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,014 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 8/4/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 2. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 3. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 6. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 7. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 8. RIR #114 -- Alan Freed WABC New York 11/5/1959 9. RIR #624 -- Bob Green - WKNR Detroit Michigan 3/30/1970 10. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 8/4/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 206 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Brazil +1 5. Mexico +6 6. France -2 7. Germany -1 8. Italy -1 9. Philippines +0 10. Australia -2 11. Netherlands -1 12. Spain +1 13. Japan -1 14. Russia +0 15. Finland +3 16. Sweden -1 17. Hungary +8 18. Argentina -3 19. Belgium -3 20. Czech Republic +2 21. India +0 22. Colombia +20 23. Peru +9 24. Switzerland -4 25. Saudi Arabia -3 26. Poland -7 27. Ireland -2 28. Austria -2 29. Morocco -10 30. Romania -1 31. Hong Kong +20 32. Serbia -8 33. Thailand +0 34. New Zealand +3 35. Greece -1 36. Uruguay +16 37. Singapore -3 38. Ukraine -7 39. Chile +7 40. Dominican Republic +18 41. Norway -9 42. Slovakia -5 43. South Africa -10 44. Indonesia +1 45. Bolivia +17 46. Guatemala +23 47. Puerto Rico +0 48. Denmark -10 49. Costa Rica +1 50. Paraguay +24
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Pennsylvania +1 4. Florida -1 5. New Jersey +0 6. Washington +0 7. Texas +0 8. Illinois +2 9. Massachusetts +0 10. Maryland -2 11. North Carolina +6 12. Indiana +0 13. Missouri +0 14. Ohio +1 15. Virginia -1 16. Kansas +0 17. Michigan -4 18. Oregon +0 19. Tennessee +0 20. Arizona +0 21. Connecticut +0 22. Colorado +1 23. Alabama -1 24. Wisconsin +6 25. South Carolina -1 26. Kentucky +0 27. Iowa -3 28. Utah +5 29. Georgia -1 30. Minnesota +6 31. Nevada -3 32. Louisiana -2 33. Rhode Island +2 34. Idaho -2 35. Delaware -5 36. West Virginia +2 37. Oklahoma +0 38. Nebraska -6 39. District of Columbia +0 40. Arkansas +3 41. Wyoming +4 42. Hawaii -1 43. New Mexico +3 44. Maine +0 45. New Hampshire -5 46. Mississippi -5 47. Vermont +0 48. Montana +0 49. South Dakota +0 50. Alaska +0 51. North Dakota +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!