As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4714 to #4724
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
We have another 11 shows in our Program webpage since our last newsletter. We hope you enjoy these shows of 50s and 60s Roots music. We are also featuring a new give away in our Launching pad store and our monthly giveaway for our November supporters will be announced.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY IN SHOW #4714 Daddy O is back this week with Rockabilly from yesteryear and today. Here is this week's playlist of what you will hear in show #4714.
1. The Hunch-Mad Mike & The Maniacs 2. Really Movin'-Carl & Rhythm All Stars 3. Dance Me To Death-Hi-Liters 4. Crawdad Hole-Jerry Lee Lewis 5. I Need Money-Slim Harpo 6. Shake Your Hips-Slim Harpo 7. Goodbye Little Star-Kenny Baker 8. Please Give Me Something=Bill Allen & BackBeats 9. Brand New Cadillac-Vince Taylor 10. Shakin' All Over-Johnny Kidd & Pirates 11. High Class Baby-Darrel Higham & Barnshakers 12. Bring My Cadillac Back-Baker Knight & Knightmares 13. Life Begins At Four O Clock-Bobby Milano 14. HepCat-Larry Terry 15. Hot Lips Baby-Herbie Duncan 16. Sunglasses After Dark-Dwight Pullen 17. Be-Bop Battlin' Ball-Eddie Gaines 18. GangWar-Gene Maltais 19. El Camino Real-Lee Dresser 20. The Girl Canâ€™t Help It-British Walkers 21. She's The One-ChartBusters 22. Flatland Saturday Night-High Noon 23. Breakdown Lane-Racketeers 24. Bad Bad Way-Rip'Em Ups 25. Ghost Riders-Ronnie Dawson
Thanks Daddy O for another great show. If you would like to write to him with future requests, comments or hellos you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW WITH MORE FORGOTTEN TOP 40 ONE HIT WONDERS IN SHOW #4715
The Memory Lane Show concludes the popular series of "Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's One Hit Wonders Edition" with the seventh program featuring artists whose only appearance on the U.S. charts reached the Top 40. Join host Lane Quigley for some great memory-makers, including a couple of recordings from performers who had sung with hit-making groups; two competing versions of the same song; a couple of groups who had greater success under different names; and an artist with a backstory involving murder, suicide and international intrigue. You don't want to miss this week's Memory Lane Show on Rock-it Radio.
1. Gee - The Crows 1953 #14 2. Percolator - Billy Joe & The Checkmates 1962 #10 3. I'm Into Something Good - Earl Jean 1964 #38 4. Torture - Kris Jensen 1962 #20 SOUND BITE 5. Land of a Thousand Dances - Cannibal & The Headhunters 1965 #30 6. Weekend - The Kingsmen 1958 #35 7. Beware of The Blob - The Five Blobs 1958 #33 8. My Girl Josephine - Jerry Jaye 1967 #29 9. Better Tell Him No - The Starlets 1961 #38 SOUND BITE 10. Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee - Stick McGhee & His Buddies 1949 #26 11. Baubles, Bangles and Beads - The Kirby Stone Four 1958 #25 12. There Is Something On Your Mind - Bobby Marchan 1960 #34 13. Nothing But a Heartache - The Flirtations 1964 #34 14. The Man In The Raincoat - Priscilla Wright 1955 #16 15. Stranded In The Jungle - The Cadets 1956 #15 16. Stranded In The Jungle - The Gadabouts 1956 #39 17. The Joker - Billy Myles 1957 #25 18. Hide and Seek - Bunker Hill 1962 #33 19. A Fallen Star - Jimmy Newman 1957 #23 20. If I Had a Girl - Rod Lauren 1960 #31 SOUND BITE 21. You Cheated - The Shields 1958 #12 22. The Sly, The Slick and The Wicked - The Lost Generation 1970 #30 23. Diamonds and Pearls - The Paradons 1960 #18
We will have another segment of this popular series next week here on Rock-it Radio. If you have any requests or comments for Lane you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH PART II TRIBUTE TO R&B GREAT AMOS MILBURN IN SHOW #4716
This show concludes my two part look at R&B and Rock and Roll pioneer singer/pianist Amos Milburn. The show examines those who influenced Amos,those he influenced and of course the man himself. His songs about drinking and having a good time influenced countless Rock and Rock and Roll songs before and long after his death in 1980 at the age of 52. His death ironically caused by the subject matter of his most successful recordings. The play list is as follows:
1. Boogie Woogie Stomp-Albert Ammons 1938 2. Atomic Baby-Amos Milburn 1950 3. Boogie Woogie Baby-Fats Domino 1950 4. Every Night About This Time-Fats Domino 1950 5. Birmingham Bounce-Amos Milburn 1950 6. Bow Wow-Amos Milburn 1949 7. Untitled Instrumental-Chuck Berry (unreleased) 1956 8. Sax Shack Boogie-Amos Milburn 1950 9. Good Good Whiskey-Amos Milburn 1954 10. I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town-Louis Jordan 1941 11. Blues At Sunrise-Ivory Joe Hunter 1945 12. Driftin' Blues-Charles Brown 1946 13. Let's Have A Party-Amos Milburn 1953 14. Milk and Water-Amos Milburn 1954 15. Chicken Shack Boogie-Amos Milburn 1956 16. Vicious Vicious Vodka-Amos Milburn 1954 17. Kiss Me Again-Amos Milburn 1952 18. Little Richard's Boogie-Little Richard 1956 19. Pinetop's Boogie-Pinetop Smith 1928 20. House Party Tonight-Amos Milburn 1955 21. I Done Done It-Amos Milburn 1954 22. French Fried Potatoes and Ketchup 1956
Thanks Al for the Amos Milburn Series and featuring so many of his R&B great tunes. If you have some requests or comments you can write to Al at: Cooldaddy@rockitradio.net
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4717.
Being just covered and surrounded by Doo Wop Vinyl! Pete Chaston is back this week with more great group harmony rock and roll. From the Silly Song Segment to the Scratchy 45's it's all here. Playlist is below.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Imagination-The Quotations (1962) 3. Crazy Love-The Royaltones (1956) 4. He's Mine-Alice Wonder Land (1963) 5. Baby, Let Me Bang Your Box-The Toppers (1954) 6. Dream World-The Citadels (xxxx) 7. Dream of Love-The Packards (1956) 8. The Longest Time-Billy Joel (1984) 9. Who's That Knocking-The Genies (1958) 10. Hushabye-The Mystics (1959)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom-Parry Gripp (xxxx) 12. Witch Doctor-The Cartoons (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Jeannie-The Thrashers (1957) 14. Did It-The Laddins (1957 or '58) 15. I Knew From the Start-The Moonglows (1956) 16. I'm Sorry You're Gone-The Channels (1973)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Hong Kong Jelly Wong-The Royaltones (circa 1956) 18. Wish I Had My Baby-The Emanons (1956) 19. Possibility-The Crowns (xxxx) 20. I Do Believe-The Count Five (xxxx)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Love is a Many Splendored Thing-Nicky & The Naks (xxxx) 22. Zenda-The Keynotes (1955) 23. I Found a Love-The Hi-Lites (The Vocaleers) (xxxx) 24. Too Young-The Emblems (1962) 25. A Fool Was I-The Five Chimes (1953) 26. Lost Love-The Superiors (1958)
Thanks Pete for another Doo Wop Set and if you have a future Doo Wop Request or a member of a amateur Doo Wop band and would like some airplay. Contact Pete at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND AND THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4718 TRIBUTE TO MARGARET LEWIS
From his studios in Bendigo, Victoria Australia Trevor is back this week with more great Rockabilly music. Featuring Shreveport legend Margaret Lewis. Margaret takes us on a tour of her musical legacy and the influence she has had and still does in keeping the memory of The Louisiana Hayride alive.
01.Shake A Leg - Margaret Lewis 02 That's Why I Cry & Look What You're Doing To Me 03. Turn It All Over To Jesus - Margaret Lewis 04. Ready To Go Home - Hank Williams 05. That's Alright Mama - Elvis. 06. Tweedle Dee - Elvis 07. Hey Porter - Johnny Cash 08. Dixie Fried - Carl Perkins 09. Rock It - George Jones 10. Honky Tonk Man - Johnny Horton. 11. One Guy Today Another Tomorrow - Margaet Lewis 12. No No Never - Margaet Lewis 13. Bow Wow Puppy Love - Margaret Lewis 14. Anyway You Do - Linda Brannon 15. Reconsider Me - Margaet Lewis 16. Honey - Bobby Goldsboro 17. Honey ( I Miss You Too ) - Margaet Lewis
The Party continues with Margaret Lewis in Part B of this two part chat with the " First Lady of The Louisiana Hayride ".
01. Shake A Leg - Margaret Lewis 02. Bring It On home To Me- Dale Hawkins & Margaret Lewis 03. One Today, Another Tomorrow - Margaret Lewis 04. Roll Over Beethoven - Margaret Lewis 05. Love Is A Fortune - Margaret Lewis 06. Birmingham Blues - Margaret Lewis 07. You Can't Break My Heart No More - Margaret Lewis 08. Johnny's Cash Or Joe's Love - Margaret Lewis 09. Wings Like An eagle - Margaret Lewis 10. The Ball Game - Margaret Lewis 11. Mrs. Cooper's Tea Party - Margaret Lewis 12. I Know What I Like Id - Margaret Lewis49.... but I Know What I Like - Margaret Lewis 13. Thunderbolt - Margaret Lewis 14. Hello Brown Eyes - Margaret Lewis 15. Rockabilly Band - Margaret Lewis 16.. Shake A Leg - Margaret Lewis
Thanks Trevor for a great memory of the famous Louisiana Hayride. If you have any comments or G'days for Trevor you can reach him at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE & LINKS
If you have any wishes for inclusions that's Rockabilly related you can e mail us here at: email@example.com
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4719.
Dave is back this week with more memories of the 1960s with plenty of rarities and hits. Here is the playlist of what you will hear in show #4719.
1. Windy and Warm - Travelers 2. Simple Simon - Alladins 3. Some Kind Of Wonderful - Little Eva 4. Some Kind Of Wonderful - Soul Brothers Six 5. Girls Girls Girls - Steve Alaimo and Redcoats 6. Lighten Up Baby - Ty Karim 7. Louise - Keith Allison 8. No Matter What - Badfingers 9. I'm A Clown - Lazy Eggs 10.What Kind Of Fool - Bill Deal & Rhondells 11.Is It All Gone - Magicians 12.Hey Everybody - Henry Alston 13.Girl Without A Boy - Forum 14.The Magic Of Our Summer Love - Tymes 15.Under The Boardwalk - Drifters 16.The Way I Walk - Jack Scott 17.Walk Like A Man - Four Seasons 18.We Didn't Kiss, Didn't Love But Now We Do Do - Clique 19.Love Came My Way - Frankie & Orphans 20.That's The Breaks - Apollos (Discovery of Week)
Thanks Dave for the double header this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4720
From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. Besides music from the USA we also have 9 European songs from Finland, the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany. So, turn up the volume and enjoy the ride.
1. Can't you hear my heart - Danny Rivers - 1960 2. Kiss me sweet - Johnny Garner - 1957 3. Hey pretty baby - The Firebirds - 1991 4. They won't let me in - Tooter Boatman & the Chapparals - 5. Marie Marie - Roy & the Kiliaan Brothers - 1999 6. Race for time - Jerry Arnold - 1957 7. So young - Ray Smith - 1958 8. Pick 'em up and shake 'em up - Cecil McCullough - 1960 9. Love-A, love-A, love A - Marty Wilde - 1959 10. Found - Jimmy Stone - 1956 11. Chrome dome - The Convertibles - 1999 12. Hey little girl - Dee Clark - 1959 13. Hey little girl - Ted Herold - 1960 14. Bad baby doll - Derry Weaver - 1959 15. Sunny side of the mountain - Carl Mann - 1981 16. Liefdestwist - John Lamers - 1962 17. Vacation's over - Lou Josie - 1958 18. I used to love you - Bill Carter - 1958 19. Silly Sally - Sammy Lara & the Skytones - 1958 20. Getting tired of me - 2-Tones - 2001 21. The boppin' Martian - Dick Robinson & the Makebelievers - 1958 22. Just a little too much - Ricky Nelson - 1959 23. Who's gonna be the next one honey - The Barnshakers - 1994 24. Boppin' Blue Jeans - Leonard Brothers - 1958 25. I want you to know - Ricky Coyne - 1959 26. Geisha - The Silhouets - 1964
Jack loves getting his e mail from listeners so if you have any future requests, comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4721
This week in the Back in Time Show - Mel does a teenage Rockabilly Rebellion show. Here is the playlist of what you will hear.
1) MODERN ROMANCE - SANFORD CLARK (1958) 2) SCRAMBLE - JIMMY STEVENS Reform School Girl - Trailer (1957) 3) ROCKIN' BILLY - JOHNNY STARK (1957) Interview w/Dominque Swain #1 4) THE LAST DRAG - THE VOXPOPPERS (1958) 5) SUGAREE - RUSTY YORK (1959) 6) YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DONE IT - THOMAS WAYNE (1958) Sex Education Record for Parents (1950's) 7) LITTLE GIRL - JOHN & JACKIE (1958) (Very Sexy!!) 8) BETTY LOU'S GOT A NEW TATTOO - THE CRAMP (1965) Interview #2 9) LA DO DADA - DALE HAWKINS (1958) 10) BERTHA LOU - CLINT MILLER (1957) Damaged Goods - Trailer (1963) 11) POP, LET ME HAVE THE CAR - CARL PERKINS ('58) 12) TILL THE LAW SAYS STOP - JOHNNY FAIRE ('57) Interview #3 Jail Bait - Trailer (1954) - Ed Woods Film 13) YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM DREAMING - ROBIN LUKE 91959) (Undermixed) 14) COOL OFF, BABY - BILLY BARRIX (1957) 15) SUGAR DOLL - JOHNNY JAY (1957) Interview #4 16) BLACK CADILLAC - JOYCE GREEN (1960) 17) I CAN'T HELP IT - BING DAY (1959) 18) NOTHIN SHAKIN' - EDDIE FONTAINE (1958) Julie Adams talks about the famous one-piece white swimsuit from THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (1954) 19) LOVE BUG CRAWL - JIMMY EDWARDS (1957) 20) BIGALOW - 6-200 - BRENDA LEE (1956) 21) ROCK-A-BILLY BOOGIE - THE ROCK 'N ROLL TRIO (1956)
Thanks Mel for another Rockin' Segment of the Back in Time show. If you would like to write to Mel with any requests, or comments or hellos you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4722 - EMPIRE STATE ROCKERS!
Empire State Rockers - featuring Joey Castle, Ben Hewitt and Larry Finnegan. Three early rock and rollers, all born and raised in New York State. Plus by request a couple of tunes by Alton and Jimmy taken from the Rockabilly Hall of Fame collection.
1. That Ain't Nothing But Right - Joey Castle 1958 2. For Quite A While - Ben Hewitt 1959 3. Dear One - Larry Finnegan 1961 4. True Lips - Joey Castle (as Cliff Rivers) 1963 5. I Ain't Giving Up Nothing - Ben Hewitt 1959 6. Pledging My Love - Larry Finnegan 1967 7. Come A Little Closer Baby - Joey Castle 1958 8. Break Me Up - Ben Hewitt 1959 9. Weeping Willow - Larry Finnegan 1967 10. Rock and Roll Daddy-O - Joey Castle 1959 11. My Search - Ben Hewitt 1960 12. Baton Rouge - Larry Finnegan 1964 13. Rockin' In The Shadow of Sun - Alton & Jimmy 1999 14. Who Put The Rock N Roll - Alton & Jimmy 2001 15. Don't Knock It - Joey Castle 1959 16. I Want A New Girl Now - Ben Hewitt 1960 17. Lah Dee Dottie - Larry Finnegan 1964 18. That's My Secret - Joey Castle 1963 19. Whirlwind Blues - Ben Hewitt 1960 20. Everytime - Larry Finnegan 1964 21. Phantom Lover - Joey Castle 1968 22. Bundle of Love - Ben Hewitt Unissued 23. I Like It Like That - Larry Finnegan 1964
It is good to know that New York can do Rockabilly also! Thanks Mike. If you have any requests or comments for future shows for Mike you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4723
Cool Bobby B & The Doo Wop Stop show - The #1 Doo Wop show Worldwide is archived right here on Rock-it Radio. Great Doo Wop with the excellent delivery of Cool Bobby B. Here is this week's Playlist.
Part I 1. Rock with the Clock -- Shirley and Lee 2. True True Love -- The Corvairs 3. The Closer you are -- The Channels 4. Looking for an echo -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 5. Oh what a night -- The Dells 6. Tell me why -- The Belmonts 7. Bim Bam Boom -- El Dorados 8. Trouble in Paradise -- The Crests 9. Hey there lonely girl -- The Yesterdaze 10. Maybe you'll be there -- Billy & The Essentials 11. Bad Girl -- The Miracles 12. Bark Battle and Ball -- The Platters 13. Angel Baby -- Rosie & Originals 14. While Walking -- Tony & Raindrops 15. Only Desire -- The Flyers 16. My heart's desire -- The Wheels 17. Love you madly -- The Sherwoods 18. The Dance is over -- Billy & The Essentials 19. Stay with me -- Mel Williams 20. He's gone -- The Chantels 21. Memory Lane -- The Hippies 22. Miss Annie -- The Plurals 23. Ten Commandments of Love -- The Moonglows 24. Stormy Weather -- 5 Sharps 25. I wish that we were married -- Ronnie & Hi Lites 26. Our day will come -- Ruby & Romantics 27. Oh but she did -- El Capris
28. A thousand miles away -- The Heartbeats 29. Here Am I (Broken hearted) -- 4 Jays 30. Possibility -- The Crowns 31. Tossin and Turnin -- Bobby Lewis 32. I love you -- Four Mosts 33. Foolishly -- 3 Chuckles 34. Imagination -- The Quotations 35. Ling Ting Tong -- Five Keys 36. Heaven and Paradise -- Don Julian & Meadowlarks 37. Search my heart -- The Ramblers 38. Oh Gee Oh Gosh -- The Kodaks 39. Book of Love -- The Monotones 40. Just tow kinds of people -- Still in Style 41. Greetings (This is Uncle Sam) -- The Monitors 42. Can't we be sweethearts -- The Cleftones 43. Western Movies -- The Olympics 44. To the aisle -- Five Satins 45. In the Still of the night -- Five Satins 46. My Love is real -- Tony & Holidays 47. Hong Kong -- The Quinns 48. Say Little Star -- Sherry Ray 49. You were mine -- The Fireflies 50. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
If you have a Doo Wop Request or comment on Cool Bobby B's show or just to say hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCK-IT RADIO HAS AN ENTIRE WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP MUSIC!
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND THE LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR IN SHOW #4724
From his studios outside of London, UK - Jackie Bond returns with another set of roots Rockabilly Music. Here is the playlist.
1. Hey Jibbo - Art Wood 2. Tank Town Boogie - Eddie Bond 3. See You Later Alligator - Roy Hall 4. Brand New Cadillac - Vince Taylor 5. Oooh-Wee - Ric Carty 6. Phoebe Snow - Benny Martin 7. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self 8. Hey Baby Let's Go Downtown - Joe Therrien 9. All The Time - Sleepy LaBeef 10. Rockin' In The Congo - Hank Thompson 11. Sixteen Chicks - Joe Clay 12. Blue Moon Baby - Dave Diddle Day 13. Ten Little Women - Terry Noland 14. I Need Your Lovin' - Conway Twitty 15. Maybelle -Jackie Cray 16. Little Mama - Tommy Mitchell 17. Blue Suede Shoes - Pee Wee King 18. New Shoes - Lee Denson 19. Rockin' On The Moon - Billy Lee Riley 20. Draggin' - Curtis Gordon 21. Don't Let Go - Jerry Lee Lewis 22. Dancing Doll - Art Adams 23. Bye Bye Love - Webb Pierce 24. Who Slapped John - Cliff Edmonds 25. Rock House - Roy Orbison 26. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Another great set Jackie and Thank you! If you have any requests or comments on his show you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
ROCK-IT RADIO GIVEAWAY FOR THE REMAINDER OF NOVEMBER! We are getting in the Holiday spirit early and from November 7th to November 30th. Every order we receive for a vintage radio broadcast will also receive. RIR #218 in our Catalog which is Hour #1 of the Christmas Special over WCFL Chicago from Christmas Eve 1967. It is a fun listen and sure to give you that feeling of Nostalgia and Holiday Cheer from all the Jocks at WCFL at the time.
These vintage broadcasts we sell 100% goes to Rock-it Radio and it's costs to bring you these shows. And is a bonus in our way to say thank you for supporting us.
These shows of the 50s thru the 70s is a great way to remember or learn how radio was back then. And enjoy the great music as well. They are called airchecks and we have a page about collecting them at: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
OCTOBER END OF THE MONTH WINNERS ANNOUNCED
FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS.
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from October 23, 2013 to
November 8, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Sol Blue -- Syracuse, NY USA Jim Richards -- Cincinatti, Ohio USA Judy Rudolph -- Ft. Worth, Texas USA Jim West -- Santa Fe, New Mexico USA JR Miller -- Newton, Massachusetts USA Brian Callahan -- Seasport, Maine USA Robert Watson -- Mississauga, Ontario Canada Neil Brodie -- Scotland Joseph Taylor -- Georgia, USA
And 19 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 37 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,273 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 11/8/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 2. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 3. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 6. RIR #486 -- Emperor Rosko - Radio Caroline (UK Pirate) 1/16/1967 7. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor, Ontario 7/12/1967 8. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 9. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 10. RIR #270 -- Buddy Holly Tribute Broadcast over BBC 1959
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 11/8/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Mexico +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +0 5. Brazil +0 6. France +0 7. Germany +0 8. Spain +0 9. Hungary +2 10. Australia +0 11. Netherlands +1 12. Philippines -3 13. Italy +0 14. Japan +1 15. Argentina -1 16. Sweden -1 17. Peru +0 18. Colombia +1 19. Chile +1 20. Russia -2 21. Belgium +1 22. Ireland +3 23. South Africa +3 24. Finland +0 25. Dominican Republic -4 26. Indonesia +2 27. India +2 28. Saudi Arabia -1 29. Austria +14! 30. Switzerland -12 31. China +20 32. Poland +1 33. Uruguay +5 34. New Zealand +2 35. Greece -6 36. Turkey +8 37. Guatemala -8 38. Portugal +10 39. Czech Republic -7 40. Bolivia -13 41. Thailand -7 42. Denmark -13 43. Ukraine +4 44. Serbia +8 45. Paraguay +0 46. Norway -9 47. United Arab Emirates +2 48. Romania +4 49. Israel -3 50. Bulgaria +6
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Pennsylvania +1 4. Florida -1 5. Texas +0 6. New Jersey +0 7. Virginia +0 8. Ohio +0 9. Illinois +2 10. Maryland +0 11. Massachusetts +1 12. Washington +1 13. North Carolina -4 14. Indiana +0 15. Missouri +5 16. Arizona +3 17. Michigan +0 18. Tennessee -2 19. Georgia -4 20. Kentucky +4 21. Alabama -2 22. Rhode Island +0 23. Kansas +3 24. Colorado -4 25. Wisconsin -2 26. Nevada -1 27. Connecticut +4 28. South Carolina +0 29. Louisiana -2 30. Iowa +2 31. Oregon +0 32. Minnesota +2 33. West Virginia -7 34. Delaware +0 35. Oklahoma +3 36. Maine +7 37. Utah +3 38. New Mexico +7 39. Nebraska -4 40. Mississippi -4 41. New Hampshire -9 42. Idaho +0 43. Hawaii -4 44. Wyoming +0 45. Arkansas -7 46. District of Columbia +1 47. Montana -1 48. Vermont +0 49. Alaska +2 50. South Dakota +0 51. North Dakota -2
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!