As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Sunday, December 1, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4725 to #4736
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
We have another 12 shows in our Program webpage since our last newsletter. Here in the U.S. we are winding down our Thanksgiving Weekend and we hope that all of our listeners are full of Blessings and Turkey! We also will be announcing our End of the Month winner for November and we will be extending our Rock-it Radio Giveaway of the Christmas Eve 1967 broadcast on CD. Details are below along with the playlists in this newsletter.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK & ROLL RETRO SHOW WITH THE GIANT JUKEBOX IN SHOW #4725 It's the 99th edition of Rock 'n Roll Retrospective here on Rock-it Radio and this time host D J Bill Green is featuring songs from his Giant Juke Box. The play list includes a couple of Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame nominees as well as three acts that surprisingly are not in the Rock Hall. You'll hear a very unique same song showdown. Bobby Darin remakes a Bing Crosby original. Even Elvis stops by. All this and a lot more on the Retro Show.
1) Money Honey - The Drifters (1953) 2) There Goes My Baby - The Drifters (1959) 3) Baby What I Mean - The Drifters (1966) 4) Little Darling, I Need You - Marvin Gaye (1966) 5) Shufflin' The Blues - T-Bone Walker (1959) 6) Tell Him - The Exciters (62/63) 7) People Got To Be Free - The Rascals (1968) 8) You'll Never Get To Heaven - Dionne Warwick (1964) 9) Pledging My Love - Johnny Ace (1955) 10) Pledging My Love (enhanced) - Johnny Ace (1955/1969) 11) You Mean Everything To Me - Neil Sedaka (1960) 12) Color My World - Chicago (1971) 13) Rumble - Link Wray and His Wraymen (1958) 14) Raunchy - Link Wray and His Wraymen (1959) 15) Born In Chicago - Paul Butterfield Blues Band (1965) 16) I Cried A Tear - Lavern Baker (58/59) 17) My Wish Came True - Elvis Presley (1959) 18) School Day - Bill Black Combo (1964) 19) School Day - Chuck Berry (1957) 20) The Girl I Love - The Cadillacs (1956) 21) Who Do You Love - The Saphires (1964) 22) You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby - Bobby Darin (1961) 23) Lotta Lovin' - Gene Vincent (1957) 24) I'll Be Seeing You - The Skyliners (1959)
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE & THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON SHOW #4726 - EARLY BRITISH ROCK AND ROLL.
"BRITISH ROCK AND ROLL"
Spinning Rock Boogie gives you another look at British Rock and Roll from the 50's and 60's. with the first two British rock and roll bands, the first commercial British rock and roller and lots lots more. So climb aboard the Rocket, sit back, buckle up and listen to what us Brits were up to in the 50's and 60's.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Nursery Rock - Art Baxter & His Rock 'n' Roll Sinners (56) Philips 03. Let's You And I Rock - Tony Crombie & His Rockets (56) Columbia 04. Livin' Lovin' Doll - Cliff Richard & The Drifters (59) Columbia 05. Book Of Love - The Mudlarks & The Ken Jones Jive Group (58) Columbia 06. Ah Poor Little Baby - Adam Faith (59) Top Rank 07. Please Don't Touch - Johnny Kidd & The Pirates (59) HMV 08. Party Time - Alma Cogan (57) HMV 09. See You Friday - Don Lang & His Frantic Five (59) HMV 10. Teenage Party - Tommy Steele & The Steelmen (57) Decca 11. Saturday Dance - The Shadows (60) Columbia 12. Boogie Woogie Stomp (instrumental) - The Saints Jazz Band (57) Parlophone 13. True Love Ways - Frank Ifield (64) Columbia 14. Oh How I Miss You Tonight - Glenda Collins (61) Decca 15. Once Upon A Dream - Billy Fury (62) Decca 16. Midnight (instrumental) - The Shadows (61) Columbia 17. Betty Betty Go Steady With Me - Dicky Pride (60) Columbia 18. Honey 'Cause I Love You - Michael Cox (62) HMV 19. Five Foot Two Eyes Of Blue - Shane Fenton & The Fentones (61) Parlophone 20. Junko Partner - Lonnie Donegan (60) Pye 21. Let's Rock 'n' Roll (instrumental medley) - Winifred Atwell (57) Decca 22. Move It Baby - Simon Scott & The Leroys (64) Parlophone 23. Rock 'n' Roll Opera - Lee Lawrence (56) Columbia 24. Quite Quite Shhh - Bert Weedon (57) Parlophone 25. Pretty Little Pearly - Terry Dene & The Aces (58) Decca 26. Juke Box Fury (insrumental) - Ozzie Warlock & The Wizzards (59) HMV 27. Movin' In - Danny Rivers & The Rivermen (62) HMV 28. I Ain't Mad At You - Howie Casey & The Seniors (62) Fontana 29. Outro - Medley
Great selection of Early British Rock here on Rock-it Radio and the Movin' and Groovin' Show. If you have any requests, comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
============================================== NEW PILOT SHOW - PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW!! ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4727
We have a new DJ here at Rock-it Radio -- Papa Walt Groditski! His music will focus on music of the 1960s and scrape a bit into the 70s. It's a fun listen and let us know what you think! Here is his playlist of what you will hear in show #4727.
1. Raindrops - Dee Clark (1961) 2. Daddy's Home - Shep & The Limelites (1961) 3. The Wanderer - Dion (1961) 4. Hurt - Timi Yuro (1961) 5. Mama Said - The Shirelles (1961) 6. I Love How You Love Me - The Paris Sisters (1960) 7. At Last - Etta James (1961) 8. Tossin' & Turnin' - Bobby Lewis1961) 9. Runaway - Del Shannon (1961) 10. Stay - Maurice Williams (1960) 11. Runaround Sue - Dion (1961) 12. The Lion Sleeps Tonight - The Tokens (1961) 13. Are You Ready - Pacific Gas & Electric (1970) 14. Magnet & Steel - Walter Egan (1978) 15. Rama Lama Ding Dong - The Edsels (1961) 16. Smokey Places - The Corsairs (1961) 17. Pretty Little Angel Eyes - Curtis Lee (1961) 18. Once in a While - The Chimes (1960) 19. The Letter - The Boxtops (1967) 20. The Letter - Joe Cocker (1970) 21. The Letter - The Arbors (1969)
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH TRIBUTE TO R&B GREAT IVORY JOE HUNTER IN SHOW #4728
This show features an artist who could play piano with the best, sing with the best and write songs more prolifically than probably any other artist ever to appear on Rockit Radio. His work spanned many decades beginning in 1930's and ending in the 1970's and spanned many genres as well. He is best know for his 1950 R&B number one hit 'I Almost Lost My Mind' which also finished number one on the pop charts six years later when Pat Boone recorded it in 1956. This artist had his biggest hit in 1956 with Since I met you baby which finished number one on the Rhythm and Blues Charts that year and number 12 on The Billboard Hot 100.
His name is... Ivory Joe Hunter, R&B's smoothest innovator. Ivory Joe Hunter was inserting elements of country music into his jazzy ballads and jump blues tunes as far back as the early 1940s, In doing so he helped to lay the groundwork for that cross cultural musical revolution that we now call Rock and Roll!!!
The Play List is as follows:
1. She's A Killer-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 2. Ain't That Loving You Baby-Elvis Presley 1964 (Recorded in 1958) 3. I Almost Lost My Mind-Pat Boone 1956 4. All States Boogie-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 5. I Have No Reason To Complain-Ivory Joe Hunter 1949 6. That's The Gal For Me-Ivory Joe Hunter 1949 7. Rockin' Chair Boogie-Ivory Joe Hunter 1952 8. Blues At Sunrise-Ivory Joe Hunter 1945 9. Jumping At The Dew Drop-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 10. Pretty Mama Blues-Ivory Joe Hunter 1948 11. Woo Wee Blues-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 12. I Quit My Pretty Mama-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 13. Old Gal and New Gal Blues-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 14. Land Lord Blues-Ivory Joe Hunter 1949 15. What Did You Do To Me-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 16. I Got Your Water On-Ivory Joe Hunter 1949 17. I Almost Lost My Mind-Ivory Joe Hunter 1950 18. I Need You So-Ivory Joe Hunter 1949 19. Don't Make Me Cry-Ivory Joe Hunter 1950 20. High Cost Low Cost Blues-Ivory Joe Hunter 1947 21. 7th. Street Boogie-Ivory Joe Hunter 1946
Thanks Al for this tribute to one of R&B Greats and featuring so many of his R&B great tunes. If you have some requests or comments you can write to Al at: Cooldaddy@rockitradio.net
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4729.
Being just covered and surrounded by Doo Wop Vinyl! Pete Chaston is back this week with more great group harmony rock and roll. From the Silly Song Segment to the Scratchy 45's it's all here. Playlist is below.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Get a Job-The Silhouettes (1957-58) 3. Rent Man-The Silhouettes (xxxx) 4. Ala-Men-Sy-The Silhouettes (acapella version) (1960s) 5. I Only Want You-The Passions (1959) 6. "Lords of Flatbush" commercial (1970s) 7. It's Over Now-The Youngtones (xxxx) 8. Shimmy Like Kate-The Olympics (1960) 9. Will Love Ever Come My Way-The Mystics (1982) 10. Here is Why I Love You-The Spaniels (1958)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. James Brown Polka 12. Counting the Days-from Sesame Street
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. She's Got It-Little Richard (1956) 14. Dance-The Uniques (xxxx) 15. Book of Songs-The Ly-Dells (1961) 16. My Love is Gone-The Ladders (1958)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Why Did You Laugh-The Excellents (1963) 18. Let's Turkey Trot-Little Eva (1963) 19. Baby Blue-The Echoes (1961) 20. Boomerang-The Echoes (1961)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Why Do You Have to Go-The Dells (1956) 22. Through Eternity-The Creations (1960s) 23. Why Do You Pretend-The Mystics (1982) 24. Midnight-The Fascinations (xxxx) 25. We Belong Together-The Channels (1972) 26. Cherry-The Rivingtons (1963)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Thanks Pete for another Doo Wop Set and if you have a future Doo Wop Request or a member of a amateur Doo Wop band and would like some airplay. Contact Pete at: email@example.com
============================================== KEN STRANGE COUNTRY ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4730
Hi, this is Ken Strange with another Country Record Round-Up Show, with contry music from right across the board. Something Old, Something New (ish), and a whole more Inbetween. So climb aboard The Rocket and join me for a round-up --- A Country Record Round-Up..... that is. Here is the playlist.
01. Intro - Medley 02. The Carroll County Accident - Porter Wagoner (68) RCA 03. Drivin' Nails In My Coffin - Ernest Tubb (46) Decca 04. Give Me 40 Acres To Turn This Rig Around - The Willis Brothers (64) Sparton 05. Honky Tonk Stardust Cowboy - Lefty Frizzell (71) Columbia 06. It's Rough - Les & His Western Playboys (62) Wel Burn 07. Smile And Drive Your Blues Away - Patsy Montana & Her Partners (44) Decca 08. How Long - Connie Smith (98) 09. Bounce Baby Bounce - Fuzzy Lofton (56) Trepur 10. When You're In Love - The Forrester Sisters (85) Warner Bros 11. Out Of My Head And Back In My Bed - Loretta Lynn (77) MCA 12. Lost On The River - Hank & Audrey Williams (48) MGM 13. We Need One More Chance - Kitty Wells & Red Foley (67) Decca 14. Nitro Express - Junior Brown & Red Simpson (95) Curb 15. One - George Jones & Tammy Wynette (95) MCA 16. I Don't Want To Have To Marry You - Ed Jim Brown & Helen Cornelius (76) RCA 17. Jeannie's Afraid Of The Dark - Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton (68) RCA 18. A Thousand Miles From Nowhere - Dwight Yoakam (93) Reprise 19. No One Mends A Broken Heart Like You - Barbara Mandrell (86) MCA 20. Ford Econoline - Nancy Griffith (93) MCA 21. East Bound And Down - Jerry Reed (77) RCA 22. Hey Joe - Carl Smith (53) Columbia 23. Oh Lonesome Me - Don Gibson (56) RCA 24. Dixie Cannon Ball - Gene Autry (47) Columbia 25. Outro - Medley
The Country Round up show is a fairly new show which focuses on traditional Country music. If you have any requests or comments to Ken you can reach him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE & LINKS
If you have any wishes for inclusions that's Rockabilly related you can e mail us here at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND THE LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR IN SHOW #4731
From his studios outside of London, UK - Jackie Bond returns with another set of roots Rockabilly Music. Here is the playlist.
1. Long Tall Sally - Barbara Greene 2. She's My Baby - Rockin' Ryan 3. She's My Baby - Johnny Jano 4. When The Cat's away - The Jets 5. Hot Rock - Johnny Carroll 6. Who Shot Sam - George Jones 7. You're My Big Baby Now - Roy Moss 8. Fan It - Hank Penny and Jaye P Morgan 9. Don't Go Baby - Al Coker 10. She's My Baby - Crazy Cavan 11. She's My Baby - Ral Donner 12. She Won't Pet - Jimmy Dell 13. Shake It Up Baby - Frankie Dee 14. Born To Love One Woman - Don Johnston 15. Shake 'Em Up - Earl Sinks 16. When The Star Goes Down - The Star Shooters 17. Believe What You Say - Rocky Burnette and Darryl Higham 18. Bop Wax - Deke Dickerson 19. She's My Baby - Johnny O'Keefe 20. She's My Baby - The Delltones 21. I Was There When Rock Was Born - Jerry Naylor 22. Razor Alley - The Jets 23. The Will Of Love - Tooter Boatman 24. Pucker paint - Huelyn Duvall 25. She's My Baby (Red Hot ) - Billy Lee Riley 26. Tom Dooley Rock and Roll - Curtis Hobeck 27. Do It Now - Ronnie Self 28. Rockin' All Day And Night - Denis Mazhuko 29. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Another great set Jackie and Thank you! If you have any requests or comments on his show you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4732.
Dave is back this week with more memories of the 1960s with plenty of rarities and hits. Here is the playlist of what you will hear in show #4732.
1. Django - Cliffters 2. Mister Bang Bang Man - Little Hank 3. I'll Be There - Fury Vanta 4. Open The Door To Your Heart - Darrell Banks 5. Top Down Time - Rockaways 6. Outta Sight - Cherry Drops 7. Walk With Me - Challengers 8. I Belong To Nobody - Soul Inc. 9. Can You Dig It - Chico & Buddy 10.Feel The Need - Detroit Emeralds 11.You Better Move On - Arthur Alexander 12.Do You Believe Me - Byron & The Mortals 13.Tell Me The Truth - Ko Ko Taylor 14.No Dough - Willy Nelson 15.The Beggar That Became A King - Johnny Jack 16.A Wonderful Dream - Majors 17.Dance Little Girl - Clay Hammond 18.Maybe Tomorrow - John Abnor (Discovery) 19.Do It Again Just A Little Bit Slower - Jon & Robin
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4733
I decided to explore the Brass Sound of the late 60's/early 70's. High energy music with trumpets and trombones. I won't found anything about this sound on the internet. Just a discussion group that bring up RING OF FIRE. Enjoy! There will be a Part Two featuring the Soul Brass Sound of Muscle Shoals, Aretha Franklin and Wilson Pickett and somemore Pop/Rock. Also, a Rock 'n Roll Trivia Show of little known facts about artists - that, again, you will not find on the internet!
1) DON'T GIVE IN TO HIM - THE VENTURES (1969) 2) MAKE ME SMILE - CHICAGO (Extended 45 Version) (1970) Roots of Trumpets in Pop/Rock - 1966 3) GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE - THE BEATLES 4) BATMAN THEME - THE MARKETTS 1967 to 1974 - The Primary Years 5) KIND OF A DRAG - THE BUCKINGHAMS (1967) 6) THEN YOU CAN TELL ME GOODBYE - THE CASINOS (1967) 7) CALIFORNIA MY WAY - THE 5th DIMENSION (1967) 8) TOUCH ME - THE DOORS (1968) 9) THE HORSE - CLIFF NOBLES & CO. (1968) ("B" Side) 10) MIDNIGHT CONFESSIONS - THE GRASS ROOTS (1969) 11) LOVE IS ALL RIGHT - CLIFF NOBLES (1968) ("A" Side) 12) SWEET DREAMS - JETHRO TULL (1969) 13) HAWAII FIVE-O (TV Theme) - MORTON STEVENS (1969) (#13 not on the compact disc.) 14) MAY I - BILL DEAL & THE RHONDELLS (1969) 15) BABY HOLD ON - THE GRASS ROOTS (1970) 16) LISA, LISTEN TO ME - BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS (1971) 17) WHAT KIND OF FOOL - BILL DEAL & THE RHONDELLS (1970) 18) TEMPTATION EYES - THE GRASS ROOTS (1970) 19) GET IN ON - CHASE (1971) 20) EVIL WOMAN - CROW (1969) 21) EVERYDAY PEOPLE - SLY & THE FAMILY STONE (1969) 22) YOU'RE STILL A YOUNG MAN - TOWER OF POWER (1971) (Rare 45 edit) 23) PICK UP THE PIECES - THE AVERAGE WHITE BAND (1974) (Full Version w/ Cold Ending) 24) I'VE BEEN HURT - BILL DEAL & THE RHONDELLS (1969)
Thanks Mel for another Rockin' Segment of the Back in Time show. If you would like to write to Mel with any requests, or comments or hellos you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4734
Cool Bobby B & The Doo Wop Stop show - The #1 Doo Wop show Worldwide is archived right here on Rock-it Radio. Great Doo Wop with the excellent delivery of Cool Bobby B. Here is this week's Playlist.
Part I 1. Rock with the Clock -- Shirley and Lee 2. They call me a dreamer -- Kenny Esquire & The Starlites 3. For your love -- The Wonderers 4. Close your eyes - The Five Keys 5. Daddy's Home - Shep & The Limelites 6. What's your name? -- Don and Juan 7. Gee Whiz -- Carla Thomas 8. I love you so -- The Chantels 9. At Last -- Etta James 10. Look my way -- The Earls 11. Tell me why -- Donnie & Del Chords 12. Give me your love -- 4 Pharoahs 13. Just for you -- Hollywood Flames 14. I never knew -- The Dukays 15. Does your momma know about me? -- Bobby Taylor & Vancouvers 16. Woe Woe Baby -- The Personalities 17. My heart Cries -- The Darvels 18. I lost my baby -- The Darvels 19. Your Way -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 20. I'm so young -- The Students 21. Dance Girl Dance -- Gerry Granahan 22. Dream of a Lifetime -- The Flamingos 23. What do I have to do -- Frankie & Fashions 24. Walk Softly away -- The Starglows 25. She's my Angel -- Randy & Rainbows 26. First Star -- Frankie Love
27. When we get married -- The Dreamlovers 28. Red Sails in the Sunset -- The Spaniels 29. Valerie -- The Starlites 30. For your Precious Love -- Jerry Butler & The Impressions 31. Misty -- Lloyd Price 32. My Heart is yours -- Dozier Boys 33. I knew from the start -- Firebirds 34. In the still of the Night -- 5 Satins 35. Dreams come true -- Sha Na Na 36. All I need is you -- Buddy Randell & Knickerbockers 37. You are gone -- Royal Flush 38. Have no Fear -- Ricky Lyons 39. You -- The Initials 40. Ooh Shucks -- 5 Stars 41. Johnny -- Dialtones 42. Dance Girl -- Lewis Lymon & Teenchords 43. All Night long -- Du Mauriers 44. Be sure my love -- The Dubs 45. Shoop Shoop -- The Gladiolas 46. Till -- The Angels 47. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
If you have a Doo Wop Request or comment on Cool Bobby B's show or just to say hello you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4735 - EARLY LITTLE RICHARD SONGS!
Early Little Richard: 1951-55
Before Little Richard's atomic howl burst through radios in early 1956 with a feverish "Wop-bop-a-loo-mop alop-bam-bom," he was just another Rhythm & Blues singer struggling to find his identity and sound. Growing up in a poor section of Macon, GA wasn't easy and young Richard Wayne Penniman found himself on his own, singing in clubs before he was 17. However, he was a musical sponge, picking up vocal and performance tips from blues shouters Billy Wright and Roy Brown and some piano licks from the young Esquerita. He landed his first record contract with RCA Victor in late 1951 and cut 4 singles that didn't go anywhere for the major label. Then in early '53, Richard was on Don Robey's Peacock label where he didn't fare any better. But through all the disappointing record sales, Little Richard was building a style that would burst open when he cut "Tutti Frutti" for Specialty Records in September of 1955. Matt The Cat digs out Little Richard's long forgotten humble beginnings and spins them this week on the "Juke In The Back." This is truly the "soul that came before Rock n' Roll" with one of Rock n' Roll's TRUE pioneers.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Blue Light Boogie Pt 1 & 2 - Louis Jordan & His Tympani Five - Decca 1950 3. Every Hour - Little Richard - RCA Victor 1951 4. Taxi Blues - Little Richard - RCA Victor 1951 5. Thinkin' Bout My Mother - Little Richard - RCA Victor 1952 6. Get Rich Quick - Little Richard - RCA Victor 1952 7. Why Did You Leave Me - Little Richard - RCA Victor 1952 8. Ain't Nothin' Happenin' - Little Richard - RCA Victor 1952 9. I Brought It All On Myself - Little Richard - RCA Victor 1952 10. Please Have Mercy On Me - Little Richard - RCA Victor 1952 11. Ain't That Good News - Deuces Of Rhythm & Tempo Toppers, Lead: "Little Richard" - Peacock 1953 12. GREAT 78 - Fool At The Wheel - Deuces Of Rhythm & Tempo Toppers, Lead: "Little Richard" - Peacock 1953 13. Rice, Red Beans and Turnip Greens - The Tempo Toppers Featuring "Little Richard" - Peacock 1954 14. Always - The Tempo Toppers Featuring "Little Richard" - Peacock 1954 15. Little Richard's Boogie - Little Richard w/ Johnny Otis' Band - Peacock 1956 16. Tutti Frutti - Little Richard - Specialty 1955 17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Early R&B with Little Richard it doesn't get much better then that. If you have any future requests or comments to Matt the Cat you can reach him at: Mattthecat@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4736
From the Netherlands we bring you another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. Besides music from the USA and Samoa we also have 10 European songs from Norway, the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Finland. So, put on your dancing shoes and enjoy.
1. Oh Julie - The Teen Cats - 1989 2. That don't move me - Carl Perkins - 1956 3. Goodnight Irene (live) - The Lennerockers - 1991 4. Hello Josephine - Ricky & the Rhythm Strings - 1964 5. I just learned to rock - Jack King - 1958 6. Tennessee border - Jimmy Work - 1959 7. Steppin' out tonight - The Jets (UK) - 1982 8. Little Papoose - Freddie Keil & the Kavaliers - 196x 9. Sycamore Lane - Ricky Ryal - 1960 10. Kana Kapila - The Cousins - 1961 11. Got love if you want it - Warren Smith - 1957 12. Got love if you want it - The Slippers - 1999 13. I've had it - Peanuts Wilson - 1957 14. Rockateen - The Satellites - 1959 15. Need your love tonight - Burt Blanca - 19xx 16. Rock-A-My baby - Les Cole & the Echoes - 1958 17. Oohee we your sweet - Virgil Baker - 1964 18. Whoa boy - Hillbilly Boogiemen - 1998 19. Deep and black - The Domino Kings - 2000 20. Drivin' me out of my mind - Hayden Thompson - 1985 21. Slow down - Ballroom Rockets - 2006 22. I fought the law - The Crickets - 1959 23. The first train headin' South - Johnny Horton - 1959 24. Explosion Express - Savage Kalman & the Explosion Rockets - 1979
Jack loves getting his e mail from listeners so if you have any future requests, comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== ROCK-IT RADIO HAS AN ENTIRE WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP MUSIC!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
RETIREMENTS & RESIGNATIONS ON ROCK-IT RADIO We have recently gotten word that Denny Mc Connell host of the Music
of your Mind show has sent us notice that he is retiring from radio.
We wish Dennis all the very best in his retirement and thank him for all
the shows he had given us.
On another note we are also sadly
loosing Tony Warner and the Timeless Tracks show - For just the opposite
reason. He joined Rock-it Radio thinking he was retired and had time
to do his shows. Because of his talent -- He has been called out of
retirement and is back working back full time in Radio. We wish him well and going to miss both these shows greatly.
ROCK-IT RADIO GIVEAWAY EXTENDED UNTIL DECEMBER 20TH! We are getting in the Holiday spirit early and from November 7th to December 20th. Every order we receive for a vintage radio broadcast will also receive. RIR #218 in our Catalog which is Hour #1 of the Christmas Special over WCFL Chicago from Christmas Eve 1967. It is a fun listen and sure to give you that feeling of Nostalgia and Holiday Cheer from all the Jocks at WCFL at the time.
These vintage broadcasts we sell 100% goes to Rock-it Radio and it's costs to bring you these shows. And is a bonus in our way to say thank you for supporting us.
These shows of the 50s thru the 70s is a great way to remember or learn how radio was back then. And enjoy the great music as well. They are called airchecks and we have a page about collecting them at: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
NOVEMBER END OF THE MONTH WINNERS ANNOUNCED
FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS.
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from October 23, 2013 to
November 8, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Dennis Murphy -- Barnegat, New Jersey USA Roger Martin -- Milford, Connecticut USA vincent Fancalski -- West Virginia, USA Rod Robinson -- Toronto, Ontario Canada Terry Van Dyke -- Chicago, Illinois USA Dave Combes -- Meridian, Texas USA Wayne Rogers -- Wilmington, North Carolina USA Kathy Vargo White -- California USA Kevin Burkoski -- W. Sacramento, California USA Randy Dobson Jr. -- Magnolia Texas USA
And 18 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 59 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,332 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 12/1/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 2. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 3. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 6. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 7. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 8. RIR #486 -- Emperor Rosko - Radio Caroline (UK Pirate) 1/16/1967 9. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor, Ontario 7/12/1967 10. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pitsburgh 6/14/1960
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 12/1/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Mexico +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +0 5. Brazil +0 6. France +0 7. Spain +1 8. Germany -1 9. Hungary +0 10. Italy +3 11. Australia -1 12. Philippines +0 13. Netherlands -2 14. Japan +0 15. Argentina +0 16. Sweden +0 17. Peru +0 18. Russia +2 19. Colombia -1 20. Chile -1 21. South Africa +2 22. Belgium -1 23. India +4 24. Finland +0 25. Ireland -3 26. Paraguay -3 27. Switzerland +3 28. Austria +1 29. Czech Republic +10 30. Dominican Republic -9 31. Saudi Arabia -4 32. New Zealand +2 33. Serbia +11 34. Uruguay -1 35. Guatemala +2 36. Indonesia -11 37. Denmark +5 38. Bolivia +2 39. Turkey -4 40. Romania +8 41. Bulgaria +9 42. Malaysia -7 43. China -18 44. Norway +2 45. Honduras +7 46. Thailand -7 47. Portugal +6 48. Poland -6 49. Israel +0 50. Singapore +5
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Florida +1 4. Pennsylvania -1 5. Texas +0 6. New Jersey +0 7. Virginia +0 8. Maryland +2 9. Washington +3 10. Illinois -2 11. Indiana +3 12. Massachusetts +3 13. North Carolina +0 14. Ohio -2 15. Michigan +2 16. Missouri -1 17. Arizona -2 18. Alabama +3 19. Tennessee -1 20. Colorado +4 21. Georgia -3 22. Rhode Island +0 23. Kentucky -2 24. Connecticut +3 25. South Carolina +3 26. Minnesota +6 27. Wisconsin -1 28. Kansas -5 29. Iowa +1 30. Nevada -4 31. Oregon +0 32. Oklahoma +3 33. West Virginia +0 34. Louisiana -9 35. Delaware -3 36. Utah +1 37. Arkansas +8 38. Maine -2 39. Nebraska +0 40. Mississippi +0 41. New Mexico -4 42. New Hampshire -1 43. Wyoming +1 44. District of Columbia +2 45. Montana +2 46. Idaho -5 47. Hawaii -5 48. Vermont +0 49. North Dakota +2 50. South Dakota +0 51. Alaska -2
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!