As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, March 10, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4810 to #4823
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Time for another newsletter and we have a whole bunch of new shows this time - 14 to be exact, the most I think we have ever had for a single newsletter. Plus
we have our monthly drawing to winners that have helped support the
Launching Pad for March, Plus other Rock-it Radio happenings. Also stay
tuned next week as we may be announcing a new DJ or two here on the
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4810 - PLAYING SOME OF HIS LOST 45S!
The Memory Lane show usually features tracks from host Lane Quigley's collection of CD's. This week, however, Lane has ventured into his record room (or, as he calls it, the "Vinyl Resting Place") and grabbed a handful of old 45's. If you don't mind a few crackles as the needle glides through the grooves, then give a listen to 25 great, forgotten gems from his Lane's vinyl collection spinning on Studio B's twin turntables (which he has nicknamed "Ike" and "Tina").
1. Irresistible You - Bobby Peterson 1960 2. She's The One - James 'Sugarboy' Crawford 1957 SOUND BITE 3. King Size - Gerry Granahan 1958 4. Beavershot - The Hollywood Hurricanes 1964 5. Que Sera Sera - The High Keyes 1963 6. Baby Baby Oh My Darling - The Clovers 1957 SOUND BITE 7. I'm In Your Corner All The Way - Vin Vicente 1963 8. Bertha Lou - Dorsey Burnette 1957 9. How Can I Forget - Jimmy Holiday 1963 10. Don't Blame It On Elvis - The Fabulous McClevertys 1957 11. Rat Race - Richard Maltby 1960 SOUND BITE 12. I'm Slippin' In - The Spiders 1954 13. Car Trouble - The Eligibles 1959 14. The Dip - The Whispers 1965 SOUND BITES 15. Hey Schoolgirl - Tom & Jerry 1957 16. You Don't Love Me - Tommy Ray 1964 17. Girl Of My Best Friend - Eddie Wood 1960 18. Have Love Will Travel - The Imperialites 1964 SOUND BITE 19. Are You Angry? - Thee Midniters 1966 20. Tonky Honk - Chuck Higgins 1956 21. Domino Stomp - Fats Domino 1955 22. Only The Young - The Champs 1964 SOUND BITE 23. Dreamy Eyes - The Youngsters 1956 24. It's You - Fran Carol 25. A Casual Kiss - Leon Peels 1964
Thanks Lane for another great musical memory of yesteryear. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4811 - SPOTLIGHT ON FAYE ADAMS
This week's "Juke In The Back" highlights the short, but important career of Faye Adams. DJ Alan Freed called her "The little gal with the big voice" and she scored an impressive 3 #1 R&B hits in just a little over a year (1953-54). Surprisingly, she only had one more hit, before leaving secular music for her first love, Gospel Music. Born Fanny Tuell, Adams got her stage name from bandleader Joe Morris, who hired her after his former female vocalist, Laurie Tate, left to raise a family. Morris' record label, Atlantic Records was not terribly impressed with the 2 released singles featuring Adams on lead, so they declined to release the new Morris composition, "Shake A Hand." Morris took Adams over to New York's Herald Records and right out of the gate, "Shake A Hand" topped the charts for a whopping 10 weeks. Two more #1s followed ("I'll Be True" and "Hurts Me To My Heart"), before the hits began to fade. Adams had one more hit single in 1957 for Imperial. By the early '60s, she had left secular music all together and hasn't been heard from since. Faye Adams' Herald and Imperial Records output is impressive and is featured throughout this week's "Juke In The Back" with Matt The Cat.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. That's What Makes My Baby Fat - Joe Morris Blues Cavalcade - Atlantic 1953 3. Sweet Talk - Faye Adams w/ Joe Morris & His Orch. - Atlantic 1953 4. Shake A Hand - Faye Adams w/ The Joe Morris Orch. - Herald 1953 5. I've Gotta Leave You - Faye Adams w/ The Joe Morris Orch. - Herald 1953 6. I'll Be True - Faye Adams w/ The Joe Morris Orch. - Hearal 1953 7. Every Day - Faye Adams w/ The Joe Morris Orch. - Herald 1954 8. Somebody, Somewhere, Someday - Faye Adams - Herald 1954 9. Hurts Me To My Heart - Faye Adams - Herald 1954 10. I Owe My Heart To You - Faye Adams - Herald 1954 11. Anything For A Friend - Faye Adams - Herald 1955 12. You Ain't Been True - Faye Adams - Herald 1955 13. GREAT 78 - I'm Going to Leave You - Joe Morris Blues Cavalcade - Atlantic 1953 14. Shake A Hand - Faye Adams - LIVE on Alan Freed's Rock n' Roll Dance Party, May 5, 1956 - CBS Radio 15. The Hammer Keeps A Knockin' - Faye Adams - Herald 1956 16. Keeper Of My Heart - Faye Adams - Imperial 1957 17. Johnny Lee - Faye Adams - Imperial 1957 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
If you have any future requests or comments to Matt the Cat you can reach him at: Mattthecat@rockitradio.net
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4812 - FIVE DISCS MANY SPECIAL
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. White Port & Lemon Juice-The Bel-Aires (1955) 3. Everyday of the Week-The Students (1958) 4. That's How I Feel-The Students (1958) 5. Doom-Lang-The Tokens (1958) 6. Ray Pearl-The Jivers (1956) 7, The Closer You Are (live)-The Channels (1970 or '71) 8. Amazons and Coyotes-The Dreamlovers (1963) 9. Ding Dong Honeymoon-The Cheerios (1961) 10. I Laughed-The Jesters (xxxx)
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A LOSS ROCKER TRIBUTE TO JIMMY PRESTON IN SHOW #4813 ON ROCK-IT RADIO.
This show is a tribute to another unheralded and virtually unknown
pioneer of Rock and Roll, Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians.
Jimmy's career lasted less than four years (1948-1952) and two
record labels but in that short time he had three hits on the R&B
charts including arguably the first Rock and Roll Record -- Rock
this Joint. This song was later covered by
Bill Haley and became for him what arguably could be called the
first Rockabilly record ever recorded. Some have said that Bill's
version of "Rock the Joint is the first Rock & Roll Record
recorded. Both Jimmy's and Bill's versions are given this status
in Jim Dawson and Steve Propes' book. 'What Was The First Rock
and Roll Record?
The recordings that are played on this show will cover his work
on both the Gotham and Derby labels.
The play list is as follows:
1. Credit Blues-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
2. Going Away-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
3. Estellina Bim Bam-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1950
4. Messin' With Preston-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1948
5. Let Me Call You Sweetheart-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1948
6. Home Cooking-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
7. Hold Me Baby-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
8. Sugar Baby-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
9. Hucklebuck Daddy-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
10. Number Blues-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
11. Chop Suey Louie-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
12. Drinking Women-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
13. Rock The Joint-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1949
14. Rock The Joint-Bill Haley and His Saddlemen 1952
15. Rock The Joint-Jimmy Cavallo 1951
16. Hay Ride-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1950
17. Early Morning Blues-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1950
18. Let's Hang Out Tonight-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1950
19. Potato Salad-Jimmy Preston and His Prestonians 1950
============================================== KEN STRANGE & THE COUNTRY ROUND UP SHOW WITH TRADITIONAL COUNTRY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4814
From his studio in the UK, Ken Strange brings you another round-up of Country Music from right across the board, with music from the 40's to the 00's. There's something old, something new, and a whole lot more in between, including the regular feature, Duo's and Duets. So join Ken Strange for an hour or so as he heads off for that round up......a Country Record Round-Up.......that is.
01. Intro - Medley 02. A Girl I Used To Know - George Jones (62) United Artists 03. It's A Great Day To Be Alive - Travis Tritt (00) Columbia Nashville 04. Cross The Brazos At Waco - Billy Walker (64) Columbia 05. My Dixie Darlin' - Carlene Carter (90) Reprise 06. Are You From Dixie - Jerry Reed (69) RCA-Victor 07. The Door Is Always Open - Dave & Sugar (76) RCA-Victor 08. Ridin' Down To Santa Fe - Merle Travis (45) Capitol 09. Someday You Will Pay - The Miller Sisters (55) Flip 10. Peachtree Cowboy - The Peachtree Cowboys (?) 11. The Girls I Left Behind - Bob Kinney & The Sidekicks (59) Barefoot 12. Flowers On The Sunnyside - Rose Lee + Joe Maphis & The Blueridge Mountain Boys (62) Capitol 13. Man Crazy Woman - Dayton Harp & Dot Anderson + The Dixieland Drifters (58) Star 14. Oh How I Miss You Tonight - Jim Reeves & Deborah Allen (79) RCA-Victor 15. Keep Those Cards And Letters Coming - Johnny & Jonie Mosby (65) Columbia 16. My Name Is Mudd - BR5-49 (98) Arista 17. Oney - Johnny Cash (72) Columbia 18. The Time Has Come - Martina McBride (92) RCA Nashville 19. Love Will - Tanya Tucker (95) Liberty 20. You're For Me - Buck Owens & The Buckaroos (62) Capitol 21. Don't Break The Heart That Loves You - Margo Smith (78) Warner Bros 22. Just A-Pickin' And A-Singin' - Curley Williams & His Georgia Peach Pickers (47) Columbia 23. Beautiful Brown Eyes - Jimmy Wakely (51) Capitol 24. Seven Lonely Days - Patsy Cline (61) Decca 25. Small Town Saturday Night - Hal Ketchum (91) Curb 26. Outro - Medley
Another fantastic bit of Country Traditional Music of yesteryear. If you have any requests, comments or would just like to say Hello you can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR HOSTED BY MENI ROGERS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4815
Some great Rockabilly is ready to be heard right here on Rock-it Radio with this week's hostess by Popular Demand -- Miss Meni Rogers. Check out her great Rockabilly Selection.
1. Green Onions - Booker T and The MGs (Intro) 2. Rock and Roll On The Radio - The Black Prints 3. Children Go Where I Send Thee - Nick Lowe 4. Chevy 55 - The Playtones
The Elvis Spot 5. That's All Right Mama - Elvis Presley
6. Are You Ready - Henry Wilson 7. Eager Boy - The Lonesome Drifter 8. Lorraine - Buddy Covelle 9. Woodpecker Rock - The Braves 10. Bell Bottom Boogie - Merill E Moore
The Memphis Connection 11. Milkshake Mademoiselle - Jerry Lee Lewis 12. Right String Baby - Carl Perkins 13. Lonely Weekends - Charlie Rich 14. Rockin With My Baby - Malcolm Yelvington 15. Ubangi Stomp - Warren Smith
16. Cool Love Colin Winski
The UK Connection 17. If It Ain't Rockin The I Ain't Boppin 18. Down The Line - Joey And The Jivers
Doo Wop Spotlight 19. I Knew From The Start - The Moonglows 20. I Like It Like That - The Five Royales
21 Go Boy Go - Jimmy Roys Five Star Hillbillies
Those Rockabilly Fillies 22. Swing Is The Thing - Eva Eastwood and The Major Keys 23. Three Cornered Heart - Kim Lenz and The Jaguars 24. Keep Your Hands Off Of It - Annie Marie Dolan 25. Got My Mojo Working - Ann Cole and The Suburbans
26. Don't Stop Now - Roy Hall 27. Jungle Rock - Hank Mizzell 28. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Some great stuff there to keep you Rockin'! If you would like to write to Jackie Bond you can by reaching him at: email@example.com
============================================== CHECK OUT OUR ROCK-IT RADIO ROCKABILLY LINKS PAGE AT:
============================================== COME RELIVE THE 60s & 70S WITH PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4816
If you love 70s Rock and Roll this is a show that will surely bring back some memories. Just click the speaker next to show #4816 in our program webpage at Rock-it Radio. Here is this week's playlist.
The Oldies Show has pulled out its abacus to bring you a diverse offering of songs that all revolve around some sort of numerical theme. Some of the song titles in the playlist are shown with their written numbers converted into numerals to underscore the theme of the show. PLAYLIST "Papa Walt's Oldies Show (#3) Oldies by the Numbers
1. One Summer Night - The Danleers (1958) 2. One Toke Over the Line - Brewer & Shipley (1971) 3. 2 Kinds of Teardrops - Del Shannon (1963) 4. 2 Faces Have I - Lou Christie (1963) 5. Gimme 3 Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd (1973) 6. 3 Times a Lady - The Commodores w/Lionel Richie (1978) 7. 5 O'clock World - The Vogues (1965) 8. Hawaii 5-0 - The Ventures (1969) 9. 6 O'clock - The Lovin' Spoonful (1962) 10. 7 and 7 Is - Love w/Arthur Lee (1968) 11. 8 Days a Week - The Beatles (1964) 12. Love Potion No. 9 - The Clovers (1959) 13. You're 16 - Johnny Burnette (1960) 14. 16 Reasons - Connie Stevens (1960) 15. Opus 17 - The Four Seasons (1966) 16. 20th Century Fox - The Doors (1967) 17. 24 Hours From Tulsa - Gene Pitney (1963) 18. 59th Street Bridge Song - Harpers Bizarre (1967) 19. When I'm 64 - The Beatles (1967) 20. Sun C/79 - Cat Stevens (1973) 21. 96 Tears - ? and the Mysterians (1966) 22. 98.6 - Keith (1967) 23. 100 Pounds of Clay - Gene McDaniels (1961) 24. 1900 Yesterday - Liz Damon's Orient Express (1970) 25. Beechwood 4-5789 - The Marvelettes (1962)
Proper accounting and everything that is a first here for a playlist here on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to e mail Papa Walt with a future request or a hello you can reach him at: Papawalt@rockitradio.net
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND & THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4817 WITH A INTERVIEW WITH JERRY ENGLER!
From his studios in Bendigo, Victoria Australia - Trevor is back with another rockin' show of Rockabilly Featuring Rochester's Jerry ( Sputnik - Satellite Girl ) Engler. Jerry retraces his musical career and the stars that influenced him. We chat about his Brunswick release Sputnik and his 92' re-recording of this cult classic. Jerry tells us about his recording session in Clovis and the major part Buddy Holly played in 1958.
01. Sputnik ( Satellite Girl ) - Jerry Engler 02. Jerry Engler Interview part 1 Early country influences. 03. Cold Cold Heart - Hank Williams. 04. Move It On Over - Hank Williams. 05. Jerry Engler Interview part 2 Elvis influence. 06. That's All right Mama - Elvis Presley. 07. Good Rockin' Tonight - Elvis Presley. 08. Jerry Engler Interview part 3 First band 09. Jerry Engler Interview part 4 First manager. 10. Wanderin' Gypsy - Jerry Engler. 16. Jerry Engler Interview part 5 -Release of Sputnik ( Satellite Girl ). 11. Sputnik ( Satellite Girl ) . 12. Jerry Engler Interview part 6 On stage with Buddy Holly Paul Anka . 13. That'll Be The day - Buddy Holly. 14. Jerry Engler Interview part 7 Faron Young & other country boys. 15. I Can't Dance - Faron Young. 16. Jerry Engler Interview part 8 Royce Porter in Nashville. 17. Yes I Do - Royce Porter. 18. Jerry Engler Interview part 9 new music. 19. Cinco De Mayo - Jerry Engler 20. Jerry Engler Interview part 10 Remake of Sputnik ( Satellite Girl '92 ) 21. Remake of Sputnik ( Satellite Girl ) 1992 22. Jerry Engler Interview part 11 - Bayou Baby & Buddy Holly. 23. Bayou Baby - Jerry Engler. 24. I Sent You Roses - Jerry Engler ( Buddy Holly on guitar ) 25. What Ya' Gonna Do - Jerry Engler ( Buddy Holly on Guitar & bells ) 26. Jerry Engler Interview 12 Boy From Illinois 27. Boy From Illinois - Jerry Engler 28. J.D. Express - Jerry Engler 29. Jealous Heart - Jerry Engler 30. Baby You're Gone Jerry Engler 31. Love You - Jerry engler 32. Lucille - Jerry Engler. 33. Sputnik ( Satellite Girl ) - Mars Attacks
If you would like to send a g'day to Trevor or a comment or a future request or dedication to his show you can reach him at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4819
It's time for another high energy presentation of Doo Wop from the 50s and early 60s. Daddy O always gives a great preformance with great Rock and Roll. Here is the playlist of what you will hear in this show.
1. Rockin' At Midnight-Sherman & The Darts 2. Our Love Will Never End-Avons 3. I'm Spinning-Dell Vikings 4. I Promise-Jimmy Castor & Juniors 5. Wide Hoop Skirts-Nutmegs 6. Don't Leave Me Baby-Camelots 7. I Don't Care One Bit-Ascots 8. Bumble Bee-Lavern Baker 9. Tough Lover - Etta 'Miss Peaches' James 10. Papa Daddy-Ruth Brown 11. Wish She Was Mine-Crests 12. What Do You Do-Channels 13. I'm Yours-Mellows 14. Lonliness-Emersons 15. Sticks and Stones-Velaires 16. Wow Wow Baby-Searchers 17. Moonlight-Vanguards 18. Sweet As An Angel-Jiving Juniors 19. Diamonds And Pearls-Paradons 20. Once Upon A Time-Rochell & Candles 21. Leave Her For Me-Jades (Feat Lou Reed) 22. Walking Along-Solitaires 23. Foot Stompin'-Flares 24. So Long-Fats Domino
Do you have a favorite Doo Wop Song? or would like to send a friendly comment out to Rockin' Daddy O? You can by e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4820 - WINTER ROCKABILLY SPECIAL
ROCK-IT RADIO BACK IN TIME W/ MEL VENTURES PROGRAM #62/59mins. WINTER ROCK-A-BILLY SHOW MELT THE ICE (((AND))) BLUES AWAY
This is warm cuddling music to thaw you out during this Polar Vortex! I'm doing my part!!!! And Requests for Roger, Kenneth and Bob.
SEG #1 - IMPERIAL RECORDS - 1950'S
1) HEY BABY - BILL LAWRENCE 2) MAKE WITH THE LOVIN' - DENNIS HARROLD 3) EVERYBODY'S GOT A BABY BUT ME - WARREN MILLER 4) RED HOT - BOB LUMAN 5) PLEASE GIVE ME SOMETHING - BILL ALLEN
SEG #2 - ACOUSTIC ROCK-A-BILLY
6) WARM LOVE - JOHNNY & DORSEY BURNETTE (IMPERIAL) 7) DIDI DIDI - JOHNNY GARNER (IMPERIAL) 8) LITTLE LOU - EDDIE COCHRAN (unreleased until 1964) (LIBERTY) 9) IF YOU CAN'T ROCK ME - THE STRIKES (Original Version) (IMPERIAL)
SEG #3 - REQUESTS
10) ONCE A DAY - CONNIE SMITH (1964- #1 Country) 11) ROCK OUT OF THIS WORLD - JOE NORRIS (1961 - Rock-A-Billy) 12) HEY DA DA DOW - THE DOLPHINS (1964) (Chart Flopper - #69 Nationally)
SEG #4 - ROCK-A-BILLY BABES
13) DON'T WAIT UP - LAURA LEE PERKINS (IMPERIAL) 14) BUDDY - JACKIE LEE (LIBERTY) 15) WILL YOU WILL'YUM - JANIS MARTIN (RCA Victor) 16) MERCY - THE COLLINS KIDS (COLUMBIA) (LORRIE COLLINS) 17) LET'S JUMP THE BROOMSTICK - BRENDA LEE (DECCA)
SEG #5 - "RARE" CLASSIC "SUN" ROCK-A-BILLY
18) MISS FROGGIE - WARREN SMITH (APR. 1957) 19) GIVE ME SOME LOVE - HAROLD JENKINS aka Conway Twitty (NOV. 1956) (Re-recorded for Mercury Records in 1957) 20) RIGHT BEHIND YOU BABY - RAY SMITH (Had a hit on JUDD RECORDS - 1960 - Sam Phillips Brothers Label) (Rockin' Little Angel) 21) ROCKIN' WITH MY BABY - MALCOLM YELVINGTON (AUG. 1957) 22) ROCK BABY, ROCK IT - JOHNNY CARROLL (JUNE 1957) unreleased (Featured in Cheapo Texas Movie of same name - 1957)
MERCURY RECORDS CLASSIC
23) I CAN'T HELP IT - BING DAY (1959)
59 minutes of pure compact rock-a-billy and requests. You Can't Beat That!!!!!!
Thanks Mel for another Rockin' Segment of the Back in Time show. If you would like to write to Mel with any requests, or comments or hellos you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW DOUBLE FEATURE IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4821
Dave is back this week with more Rockin' Tunes from the 60s. Some are very rare and some are sure to spark a memory! It's a double feature this week and we are sure happy to air this show on Rock-it Radio!
1. Jordan Theme - Jordan Brothers 2. I've Got To Keep Moving - Charles Lamont & Extremes 3. The World Outside - Illusions 4. I'll Hold You - Frankie & Johnny 5. Lover's Holiday - Peggy Scott & JoJo Benson 6. Good-By Cruel Love - Linda Griner 7. Do I Love You - Monday Blues 8. Do I Love You - Frank Wilson 9. You Burn Me Up and Down - We The People 10 ESP - Beaver Patrol 11. Heart Full Of Soul - Yardbirds 12. Blue Turns To Gray- Cliff Richard & Shadows 13. Heart's Desire - Billy Joe Royal 14. Rendezvous - Greg Kihn 15. Tunesmith - Johnny Rivers 16. What's The Matter Baby - Strangers 17. I Still Love You - Seven Souls 18. Walking Down The Road - The Other Side (Discovery of Week) 19. So You Wanna Be A Rock & Roll Star - Byrds
1. Crawlback - Frank Frost 2. Say Those Magic Words - McCoys 3. I've Got Pride- Danny & Jerry 4. I'm Taken - Tommy James & Shondells 5. Another Like You - Ray Fleming 6. Save the Last Dance For Me - Drifters 7. Just Being Careful - Baby Huey & Baby Sitters 8. Pretty Girl - The Bugs 9. I Don't Need No One - The Four Of Us 10 Youthquake - Skunks 11. Do The Everything - Travis Phillips and The Wonder Boys 12. Skate Now - Lou Courtney 13. Dance The Shing-A-Ling - HJ Jackson & the Bootleggers 14. The Flea - Five DuTones 15. Flash On You - Thee Sixpence 16. I'll Come Running - Mad Hatters 17. Girl Come Running - Four Seasons 18. I'll Make It Someday - Earnest Nelson 19. Down To My Very Last Tear - Ugly Z (Discovery of Week) 20. Roses Are Red My Love - You Know Who Group 21, Last Night - Dave Ede & The Go Man Go Men
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4822
Cool Bobby B is back this week with more Doo Wop and Group Harmony from the 50s & 60s and even today! Here is this week's playlist of what you will hear on the Doo Wop Stop.
1. Rockin' with the clock - Shirley & Lee 2. Babalu's Wedding Day -- The Eternals 3. Blue and Lonely -- The Pretenders featuring Jimmy Jones 4. There goes my heart -- Johnny & Joe 5. Oh Rose Marie -- The Fascinators 6. You could be my love -- 5 Crowns 7. Silhouettes -- The Rays 8. Jelly Belly -- Little Isidore & Inquisitors 9. The girl next door -- The Channels 10. Begging you please -- Jive Five 11. Over the Rainbow -- The Marcels 12. Last Chance -- Allan Collay & The Satellites 13. I love you Yes I do -- Tommy Ridgley 14. Can't tell my heart what do -- Frankie Ford 15. Barbara Ann -- The Regents 16. Satisfied -- The Chateaus 17. Goodnight Sweetheart Goodnight -- Sha Na Na 18. Nadine -- The Coronets 19. C'est la vie -- The Wrens 20. Honest I do -- The Innocents 21. Gee Whiz -- The Innocents 22. Dream On -- 5 Keys 23. Come to me softly -- Jimmy James & Vagabonds 24. I believe -- The Earls 25. Just for thrill -- 5 Keys 26. You are -- The Cadillacs
1. Alphabet of Love -- The Suburbans 2. My Dianne -- The Bachelors 3. Let's be lovers -- The Starglows 4. You gave me Peace of Mind -- The Spaniels 5. Last Night I dreamed -- The Fiestas 6. I do -- The Crests 7. Moonglow you know -- The Videos 8. It's you -- Little Guy & The Giants 9. Long Tall Girl -- The Camelions 10. Castle in the Sky -- Bop Chords 11. Don't take the stars -- The Mystics 12. Been so long -- The Pastels 13. Bong Bong -- Vince Castro & The Tonettes 14. On your radio -- Richard Latham & The Tempo Tones 15. Wonderful Thought -- Reunion
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL RETRO SHOW WITH WHO'S ON THAT RECORD? ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4823.
Lots of recordings from the Rock 'n Roll era included artists and groups who were uncredited on the label. Now Rock 'n Roll Retrospective will reveal these 'unsung' performers. Our theme this time is 'Who's On That Record?" You may be surprised when you learn the truth.
1) Church Bells May Ring - The Willows (1956) 2) You Can't Keep A Good Man Down - Billy Ward and the Dominos (1953) 3) On Broadway - The Drifters (1963) 4) Lawdy Miss Claudy - Lloyd Price (1952) 5) Riot In Cell Block # 9 - The Robins (1954) 6) The Wallflower (Dance With Me Henry) - Etta James (1956) Sound Bite 7) Twistin' All Night Long - Danny and the Juniors (1962) 8) Early In The Morning - Ding Dongs / Rinky Dinks (1958) Sound Bite 9) Ka Ding Dong - G-Clefs (1956) 10) Itchy Twitchy Feeling - Bobby Hendricks (1958) Sound Bite 11) Is It True - Brenda Lee (1964) 12) Please Mister Postman - The Marvelettes (1961) 13) Red Hot - Billy Lee Riley (1957) 14) The Things That I Used To Do - Guitar Slim (1954) 15) Come On - Chuck Berry (1961) 16) Guitar Man - Elvis Presley (1967) Sound Bite 17) Barbara Ann - The Beach Boys (1966) 18) Surf City - Jan and Dean (1963) Sound Bite 19) One Fine Day - The Chiffons 20) A Lovers Answer - The Dreamtones (1959) 21) Nicky - Bernadette Carroll (1964) 22) Your So Fine - The Falcons (1959) 23) I Sold My Heart To The Junkman - Patti LaBell and the Bluebells (1962) 24) Need You - Donnie Owens (1958)
Bill Green loves his e mails along with requests, comments and hellos. You can reach him here on Rock-it Radio at: email@example.com
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to have along with a
mailing address and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of
saying Thank you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we
will have August drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
DJ ICON PORKY CHEDWICK PASSES AWAY AT 96.
Many refer Pittsburgh as Oldies Capital USA - And that
could mostly be accredited to one man -- Porky Chedwick.
He would blast those oldies across Western Pennsylvania
on Station WAMO. Huffington Post did a very nice write
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from February 25, 2014 to
March 9, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven Vink -- Parkville, Maryland USA Tom Moser -- Mt. Vernon, Washington USA Jules Bernard -- France Irene Kelly -- Christchurch, New Zealand
And 20 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 32 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,597 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 3/9/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party Armed Forces Radio 3. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 4. RIR #425 -- Real Don Steele - KHJ Los Angeles 7/3/1967 5. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 6. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as guest DJ WNEW NY 1974 7. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 8. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 9. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg WMEX Boston 12/12/1965 10. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 2/13/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Brazil +2 4. Canada +0 5. Hungary +1 6. Croatia +1 7. France +1 8. Germany +2 9. Spain +0 10. Mexico -7 11. Australia +1 12. Japan -1 13. Netherlands +0 14. Austria +3 15. Philippines +0 16. Sweden +2 17. Argentina -1 18. Belgium -2 19. Italy +0 20. Peru +1 21. Russia -1 22. Chile +4 23. Dominican Republic +1 24. Ireland +5 25. Colombia +0 26. South Africa -4 27. Finland -4 28. Thailand +4 29. Poland -3 30. Bolivia +1 31. Paraguay +2 32. Norway -2 33. Guatemala +2 34. India -4 35. Romania +4 36. Switzerland -3 37. New Zealand +9 38. Saudi Arabia +0 39. Czech Republic +1 40. Turkey +7 41. Ukraine -4 42. Serbia +1 43. Morocco +12 44. Portugal +8 45. Israel +7 46. Slovakia +13 47. Indonesia -5 48. Denmark -9 49. Greece -6 50. Slovenia +10
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +1 4. New York -1 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +0 7. New Jersey +0 8. Illinois +0 9. Ohio +1 10. Maryland +2 11. Massachusetts -2 12. North Carolina -1 13. Indiana +1 14. Virginia -1 15. Missouri +2 16. Michigan +0 17. Tennessee +4 18. Georgia -4 19. Oregon +1 20. Alabama -5 21. Kentucky +6 22. Wisconsin +3 23. Arizona -2 24. Connecticut -2 25. Rhode Island -1 26. Kansas -2 27. Colorado +1 28. Delaware +2 29. South Carolina +3 30. Minnesota -4 31. Iowa +5 32. Nebraska +2 33. Louisiana -6 34. Oklahoma -2 35. West Virginia +2 36. Utah +4 37. Nevada -8 38. New Hampshire +5 39. New Mexico +5 40. Montana -2 41. Arkansas -3 42. Mississippi -4 43. District of Columbia +5 44. Idaho -9 45. Maine -2 46. Vermont +1 47. Hawaii -2 48. Wyoming -3 49. North Dakota +1 50. Alaska +1 51. South Dakota -2
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!