As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Friday, March 28, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4824 to #4836
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Just in time for the weekend we have another Rock-it Radio Newsletter - this time featuring 13 of our latest shows online and their playlists ranging from 50's & 60's Rock, Rockabilly, Doo Wop, R&B et al! Plus other rockin' news from the Rock-it. Plus in this issue of Rock-it Radio we feature a new DJ here on Rock-it Radio! CJ The DJ - Clarke James check out his show in show #4829 So, Let's get started with some playlists!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4824
MORE FABULOUS FORGOTTEN TOP 40's ON THIS WEEK'S MEMORY LANE SHOW Lane Quigley takes you for another journey back to the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio, when your favorite local station was playing a mix of the day's most popular music, no matter what genre. This week's Memory Lane Show brings back two dozen tunes that reached the national Top 40, but are distant memories to most folks today. From members of the Rock Hall of Fame to One Hit Wonders, this program includes rock & roll, country, rhythm & blues, pop, rockabilly, doo wop, folk and blues. See if these bring back some fond memories:
1. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson 1958 #18 2. Almost Grown - Chuck Berry 1959 #32 SOUND BITE 3. New Orleans - Gary U.S. Bonds #6 4. The Big Beat - Fats Domino 1858 #26 5. The Lonely Bull - Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass 1962 #6 6. We're Gonna Make It - Little Milton 1965 #25 SOUND BITE 7. What Kind of Love Is This? - Joey Dee 1962 #18 8. Itchy Twitchy Feeling - Bobby Hendricks 1958 #25 9. Red River Rock - Johnny & The Hurricanes 1959 #5 10. Too Much - Elvis Presley 1957 #1 SOUND BITE 11. When The Boy In Your Arms (Is The Boy In Your Heart) - Connie Francis 1961 #10 12. Lotta Lovin' - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 1957 #13 13. What Am I Living For? - Chuck Willis 1958 #9 14. Jambalaya - Hank Williams 1952 #20 SOUND BITE 15. Bye Bye Baby (Baby Goodbye) - The Four Seasons 1965 #12 16. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter - Billy Williams 1957 #3 17. Handy Man - Del Shannon 1964 #22 SOUND BITE 18. Bimbombey - Jimmie Rodgers 1958 #11 19. Early In The Morning - The Rinky Dinks (Bobby Darin) 1958 #24 20. Ruby Ann - Marty Robbins 1962 #18 21. Two Lovers - Mary Wells 1962-63 #7 SOUND BITE 22. It's Too Soon To Know - The Orioles 1948 #13 23. Confidential - Sonny Knight 1956 #17 24. Born Too Late - The Poni-Tails 1958 #7
Thanks Lane for another great musical memory of yesteryear. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4825 - SPOTLIGHT ON JUKEBOX 1954
1954: Jukebox Rhythm Review, Pt. 1
1954 was a pivotal year for American Music. The lines between Rhythm & Blues and Pop were getting blurred as more and more R&B records crossed over into the Pop Chart, causing a brand new "youth market" to open up. American teens of all colors were diggin' that jump blues sound that had been a staple on Black Radio for years. This would lead to racial integration and eventually, the Civil Rights Movement. There is no doubt that music played an important role in the early days of Civil Rights and those roots can be traced back to the Black Music of 1954. In fact, this was the year that a young, white kid from Memphis named Elvis began recording at 706 Union Avenue. It was also a year of unlikely musical heroes as 43 year old Joe Turner, who had been making records since 1938, topped the R&B Chart twice, helping to propel Rock n' Roll Music to the forefront. Vocal groups like The Crows, The Spiders, The Spaniels and The Drifters were forging a new sub-genre that would come to be called Doo Wop. This week in part 1, Matt The Cat focuses on the biggest jukebox hits of the first half of 1954 and next week, we'll close out the year. So grab a handful of nickels, 'cause you're gonna need 'em to keep the "Juke In The Back" jumping as we highlight the momentous year of 1954.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Honey Hush - Joe Turner & His Band - Atlantic 1953 3. You're So Fine - Little Walter & His Jukes - Checker 1953 4. The Things That I Used To Do - Guitar Slim & His Band - Specialty 1954 5. I'll Be True - Faye Adams - Herald 1954 6. Good, Good Whiskey - Amos Milburn & His Aladdin Chickenshackers - Aladdin 1954 7. I Didn't Want To Do It - The Spiders - Imperial 1954 8. Such A Night - Clyde McPhatter & The Drifters - Atlantic 1954 9. You'll Never Walk Alone - Roy Hamilton - Epic 1954 10. Gee - The Crows - Rama 1954 11. It Should've Been Me - Ray Charles & His Orch. - Atlantic 1954 12. Goodnight Sweetheart, Goodnight - The Spaniels - Vee-Jay 1954 13. GREAT 78 - Darling Dear - The Counts - Dot 1954 14. Work With Me Annie - The Midnighters - Federal 1954 15. Please Forgive Me - Johnny Ace w/ Johnny Otis Orch. - Duke 1954 16. Shake, Rattle & Roll - Joe Turner & His Blues Kings - Atlantic 1954 17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
If you have any future requests or comments to Matt the Cat you can reach him at: Mattthecat@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4826
From the land of windmills, dykes, canals, cheese, tulips and wooden shoes here is another powerful Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. In this show you will hear music from Australia, Germany, Belgium, the USA, Finland, the UK and the Netherlands. So, put on your blue suede shoes and petticoats and enjoy the show.
1. Rock around with Ollie Vee - Buddy Holly - 1956 2. Why little girl - Shane Fenton & the Fentones - 1962 3. I dig that gal the most - Ronnie Pearson - 1958 4. Roll, Rock 'n' Roll that Hula Hoop - The Legarde Twins - 1958 5. Let's rock little baby - The Hot Jumpers - 1962 6. All the time - Werley Fairburn & the Delta Boys - 1956 7. Woman I need - Clear Rats - 1994 8. Me and my blues - Teddy Riedel - 1960 9. Running around - Jet Black - 1993 10. I love you baby - Andy Starr - 1959 11. Blue cap blues - Buck Jones & his Rhythm Riders - 2005 12. Good luck charm - Elvis Presley - 1962 13. Sei doch mein Talisman - Ted Herold - 1962 14. Yvonne (rave on) - John Spencer - 1991 15. I like love - Roy Orbison - 1957 16. Out of gas - Floyd Robinson - 1960 17. The rebel song - Shotgun - 2000 18. I've been thinking - The Convertibles - 1999 19. Raggedy Ann - Jimmy Bowen & the Rhythm Orchids - 1957 20. Big fat Lizzy - Burt Blanca - 1980 21. Hey doll baby - Patey Bros (Eddie & Lee) - 1959 22. Baby be good - Bill Morrison & his Band - 1960 23. On the beach - Cliff Richard & the Shadows - 1963 24. AHT - Atomic Hi-Tones - 2008 25. The all American boy - Bill Parsons - 1958 26. Apache - The Shadows - 1960
Another great Rockin' Windmill show Jack! If you have any future requests or would just like to write to Jack you can by sending a e mail to: email@example.com
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4827
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 14 - WISCONSIN PART 1"
Here we go with another in the series, "Regional Round-Up" where DJ Spinning Rock Boogie features a particular State of America, with some of the record labels from out of that State, the towns and cities where those labels ere situated, and the artists who recorded on them. This show features the State of Wisconsin with music from the late 1950's and early 1960's. So join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for a musical trip around the State of Wisconsin.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Big Big Man - The Old Dixie Drifter (64) Westmont - Madison 03. My Baby Likes To Rock And Roll - Tommy Lane + The Tommy Sheridan Orchestra (59) Erro - Milwaukee 04. Rock Hop Bop - The Raper Brothers (58) Star-Light - Racine 05. What's All This - Bob Mattice & The Phaetons (60) Cuca - Sauk City 06. The Bartenders Song - John J. Huhta (?) DEK - Superior 07. Is It Ever Gonna Happen - Gene Carroll & The Shades (64) Wau Sau - Wau Sau 08. Rotation (instrumental) - The Six Shooters (60) Cuca - Sauk City 09. Why Oh Why - Ray & Bob + The Roulettes Orchestra (58) Cinch - Milwaukee 10. There Ain't Nothin' True About You - The Bobby Nelson Quartet (59) Le Ron - Menomonee Falls 11. Bop Diddlie In The Jungle - Tommy King & The Starlites (66) Claremont - Lake Geneva 12. Do You Love Another - Doug Weiss (59) Dinamo - Milwaukee 13. Teenage Party - Ronnie Hanson & The Super-Phonics (61) Lindy - LaCrosse 14. I Walk - Sharon Arnold & The Ambassadors (62) Cuca - Sauk City 15. Jingle Jump - Danny Peil & The Apollo's (64) Raynard - Milwaukee 16. Rock With A Boogie - Charles Epps (62) Brosh - Milwaukee 17. Nightmare - Scottie Stuart (60) MMC - Madison 18. Mystery Train - Johnny Waleen (64) Coulee - LaCrosse 19. Party Party - The T J's (58) Lindy - LaCrosse 20. Rock And Roll Saddles - Johnny Edwards & The White Caps (57) Northland - Wau Sau 21. Shook Shake Like A Big Mix Cake - Ken davis (58) Badger - Milwaukee 22. Venus Rock (instrumental) - The Roulettes Orchestra (58) Cinch - Milwaukee 23. Midnight Express (instrumental) - Willy Tremain's Thunderbirds (59) Swastika - Sauk City 24. Love Love Love - Dick Buscher & The Cliches (62) Cuca - Sauk City 25. Angel In My Eyes - Paul Stefen & The Royal Lancers (63) Citation - Milwaukee 26. Peepin' And Hidin' - Dave Kennedy & The Ambassadors (62) Cuca - Sauk City 27. When Love Is True - Judy Jae (62) Brosh - Milwaukee 28. Road House Rock - Arbis Hanyel (58) Count - Milwaukee 29. Countdown - Casey Grams (58) Count - Milwaukee 30. Just Let Me Be - Don & The Dominos (62) Cuca - Sauk City 31. Gonna Take My Guitar - Bobby Hodge & The Rainbow Rangers (58) Reel - Madison 32. Outro - Medley "Can't Stop Keep Rockin' Kid"
Rare stuff Spinning Rock! Didn't know Wisconsin can rock like they do! If you have any requests, or comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach Spinning Rock at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4828
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Heartaches-The Marcels (1961) 3. Yibby-Yeh-The Caprisians (1959) 4. Dance Girl-The Charts (1957 & '61) 5. Streetcorner Sympany-The Belangels (from Germany) (xxxx) 6. Ride of Paul Revere-The Monotones (1958) 7. Switchie Witchie Titchie-The Midnighters (1955) 8. Wedding Bells-Tiny Tim & The Hits (1956) 9. Puddin N' Tain-The Alley Cats (1963) 10. Kiss-A-Kiss-The Adelphis (1958)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Baby Monkey Riding on a Pig-Parry Gripp (circa 2010) 12. Mountain of Love-The Muppets (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Lookin' For My Baby-The Doo-Wop All-Stars (xxxx) 14. The Search is Over-The Legends of Doo-Wop (xxxx) 15. Starlight-The Preludes Five (1961) 16. Liar-The Regents (1961)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Oh Lana-The Five Discs (xxxx) 18. Cinderella-The Classics (1960) 19. Peppermint Stick-The Elchords (1958) 20. Pretty Little Angel Eyes-Curtis Lee & The Halos (1961)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Sit and Cry-Remembrance (2003) 22. What Brought Us Together-The Wizards (xxxx) 23. Oh What a Night-The Five Boroughs (2007) 24. Tears are Falling-The Blue Jays (1961) 25. A Casual Kiss-Leon Peels & The Hi-Tensions (xxxx) 26. Zu Zu-The Bonnevilles (1960)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== PREMIERE BROADCAST CLARKE JAMES - CJ THE DJ! AND THE ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN' RECORD REVIEW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4829
We have a new DJ in the Rock-it Radio family -- Clarke James and he is ready to spin some great tunes from the first decade of Rock and Roll. You can read all about Clarke in our DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html Check out this playlist of what you will hear in his premiere show!
1. Rock This Joint -- Jimmy Preston 2. Crazy Man, Crazy -- Bill Haley And The Comets 3. Party Doll -- Buddy Knox 4. Itâ€™s My Party -- Helen Shapiro 5. Blueberry Sweet -- The Chandeliers 6. Please Love Me Forever -- Cathy Jean And The Roommates 7. Tossin' And Turnin' -- Bobby Lewis 8. Dottie -- Danny And The Juniors 9. The Great Pretender -- Kathy Young And The Innocents 10. Just Walkin' In The Rain -- The Prisonaires 11. Jailhouse Rock -- Elvis Presley 12. Fine Fine Frame -- The Continentals 13. My Love Song -- The Calvanes 14. Dream Alone -- Artie Garr 15. Dedicated To The One I Love -- The 5 Royales 16. Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini -- Brian Hyland 17. I Wanna Be A Millionaire Hobo -- The Fantastics 18. Darling (You Know I Love You) -- The Vocaltones 19. Pointy Toe Shoes -- Carl Perkins 20. Chariot -- Petula Clark 21. Spanish Lace -- The Four Seasons 22. Shoo Doo Be Doo -- The Debs 23. Lullaby Of The Bells -- The Deltairs 24. I'll Wait For You -- Frankie Avalon 25. Crying In The Chapel -- The Orioles 26. Little Darlin' -- The Gladiolas 27. The Beating Of My Heart -- The petites 28. Rocket To The Moon -- Tommy Danton And The Echos 29. Fate Of Rock And Roll -- Kenneth Churchill And The Lyrics
Welcome aboard Clarke (CJ!) If you have any future requests, or comments you can reach Clarke at his new Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Clarke@rockitradio.net
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A TRIBUTE TO CONWAY TWITTY / HAROLD JENKINS ON SHOW #4830
This show Begins Al's 14th year with Rock-it Radio!!!
It will feature some of Harold Jenkins( AKA Conway Twitty's ) earliest recordings including some unreleased (at the time) demos that he did for Sam Phillips between October of 1956 and January of 1957. The time period covered in this show is from 1956 to the early 1960's. During this time he recorded Rockabilly, Rock and Roll and Pop. Examples of all three of these genres are played. My thanks to Bill Bowen in Ft. Myers Florida for his help in assembling some of the music for this show.
The play list is as follows:
1. Crazy Dreams-Harold Jenkins 1956 2. Mona Lisa-Conway Twitty 1958 3. Give Me Some Love-Harold Jenkins 1956 4. Danny Boy-Conway Twitty 1959 5. Born To Sing The Blues-Harold Jenkins 1956 (but possibly Conway Twitty on Mercury in 1957). 6. I Vibrate-Conway Twitty 1959 7. Just In Time-Harold Jenkins 1956 8. Heavenly-Conway Twitty 1959 9. Maybe Baby-Conway Twitty 1957 10. Rock House-Harold Jenkins 1956 11. Rock House-Roy Orbison 1957 12. Long Black Train-Harold Jenkins 1956 13 I Need Your Lovin' -Conway Twitty 1957 14. Shake It Up-Conway Twitty 1957 15. Double Talk Baby-Conway Twitty 1958 16. Lonely Blue Boy-Conway Twitty 1959 17. It's Only make Believe-Conway Twitty 1958 18. What Am I Living For-Conway Twitty 1960 19. Hey Little Lucy-Conway Twitty 1959 20. Platinum High School Conway Twitty 1960.
Thanks Al for another fine feature of Rock on Rock-it Radio. If you have any comments or requests to the Cool Daddy you can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW DOUBLE FEATURE IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4831
Dave is back this week with more Rockin' Tunes from the 60s. Some are very rare and some are sure to spark a memory!
1. Upturn - Eddie Smith & Hornets 2. Here Comes My Baby - Cat Stevens 3. The Boat That I Row- Lulu 4. Why Do I Cry - Remains 5. The Watusi Beat - Wolfmen 6. Watusi Time - Vibrations 7. Two Stupid Feet - Chuck Jackson 8. Harlem Shuffle - Bob Kuban & In-Men 9. You're Gonna Miss Me - Thirteenth Floor Elevators 10. One Too Many Mornings - Association 13. Can I Get To Know You Better - Betty Everett 14. Grim Reaper Of Love- Turtles 15. Cupid - Sam Cooke 16. Here I Am Baby - Barbara McNair 17. Street of Shame - Tommy Frontera 18. Gonna Make Him My Baby- April Young 19. Any Old Time - Lou Washington 20. Let Down - Aliminators (Discovery of the Week) 21, Can't Work No Longer - Impressions
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES AND THE BACK IN TIME SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4832 - FLOPS THAT SHOULD OF BEEN HITS #3
Here are Rock 'n Roll Classics that started out as not doing very well on the Pop Charts. Maybe these were a big smash in your town or the area. Time has made them all R AND R CLASSICS.
1) TWENTY FLIGHT ROCK - EDDIE COCHRAN ('57) (no Chart Action) 2) LET'S GO TRIPPIN - DICK DALE & HIS DE-TONES ('61) #61 3) A THOUSAND MILES AWAY - THE HEARTBEATS ('56) #53 4) TONITE TONITE - THE MELLO-KINGS ('57) #77 5) BAJA - THE ASTRONAUTS ('63) #94 6) RIVER DEEP. MOUNTAIN HIGH - IKE & TINA TURNER ('66) 7) GOODNIGHT MY LOVE - JESSE BELVIN (No Pop Chart Action) 8) THE WORLD THROUGH A TEAR - NEIL SEDAKA ('65) #76 9) THE POPEYE WADDLE - CON COVAY ('62) #75 10) SCRATCHY - TRAVIS WAMMACK ('64) #80 11) GLORIA - THEM ('65) #76 12) KICK THAT LITTLE FOOT, SALLY ANN - ROUND ROBIN ('64) #61
THE GIRLS AND THE GIRL GROUPS
13) DON'T EVER LEAVE ME - CONNIE FRANCIS (10/64) #42 14) TAKE ME FOR A LITTLE WHILE - EVIE SANDS ('65) #114 15) BLUE SUMMER - THE ROYALETTES ('65) #121 16) DONNIE - THE BERMUDAS ('64) #62 17) A SPANISH BOY - THE RUBIES (5/64) (No Chart Action)
18) ROSES AND RAINBOWS - DANNY HUTTON ('65) #73 19) BRISTOL TWISTIN' ANNIE - THE DOVELLS ('62) #27 Wow! Wee! One of my songs made it to the Top 40! Not played anymore. 20) CHERRY - THE JIVE BOMBERS ('58) #56 21) WHY'D YOU WANNA MAKE ME CRY FOR - CONNIE STEVENS ('62) #52 Remastered with Reverb to sound like the 45 mix! 22) ON MY WAY HOME - BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD ('68 #82 23) MAMA -OOM-MOW-MOW - THE RIVINGTONS (1962) (Bubbling Under) 24) PARDON ME - BILL BLAND ('60) (No Chart Action) 25) THE PLEA - THE CHANTELS ('57) ("B" Side of "He's Gone) (No Chart Action)
Digitally Re-Mastered and EQ'D by Me, Mel Ventures. Next Time, Fabulous Flips Some "B" Side Classics that should be remembered!!! See YA!!!!!!
Thanks Mel for another Rockin' Segment of the Back in Time show. If you would like to write to Mel with any requests, or comments or hellos you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4833
Do you have your dancing shoes on??? We hope so because it is time for another rockin' segment of Rockin' Daddy O's Rockabilly Ranch party filled with rockabilly songs and bands from around the world! Here is this week's playlist.
1. Sabre Dance-Jan Davis 2. Cyclone-Fabulous Cyclones 3. Scratchin'-Wailers 4. On The Move-Dave Phillips & The Hot Rod Gang 5. You're A Cat-Bloodshots 6. Wild Wild Women-Johnny Carroll & His Hot Rocks 7. The Cats Were Jumpin' -John Worthan 8. You Don't Know My Mind-Roy Moss 9. New Spark-Johnny Powers & A-Bones 10. Drink It Up-Dimaggio Connection 11. Hey Good Lookin'-Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps 12. Rock & Roll Blues-Jules Blatner & His Teen Tones 13. Saints Rock & Roll-Bill Haley & His Comets 14. Mr. Custer Stomp-Scouts 15. I Dig That Gal The Most-Ronnie Pearson 16. If You Want My Love-Bobby Lawson 17. Rock & Roll U.S.A.-The Big Rocker 18. Hey High School Baby-Benny Joy 19. I'm Gone Mama-Jim Murphy 20. Go Girl Go-Hombres 21. Primitive-Groupies 22. Gun Slinger-Bo Diddley 23. Chicken Hop-Billy Bland 24. I Saw The Light-Hank Williams
Thanks Rockin' Daddy O for another great mix of great rockabilly from yesterday and today. If you would like to make a request or send a hello to Rockin' Daddy O you can by e mailing him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
============================================== JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4834
Some great Rockabilly is ready to be heard right here on Rock-it Radio with this week's hostess by Popular Demand -- Miss Meni Rogers. Check out her great Rockabilly Selection.
1. Everybody's Rockin' - The Champs 2. Crazy baby - The Rockin' R's 3. No Help Wanted - The Carlisles 4. Bad Move - Rip Masters 5. Real Rock Drive - Bill Haley 6. Rag Mop - The Four Kings 7. Before You Go - The Twin Tones 8. The Senior Class - Mickey Lee Lane 9. Move Baby - The Belvaderes 10. Boogie Woogie Teenage - Don Julian and The Meadowlarks 11. Mumblin' Guitar - Bo Diddley 12. Boogie Woogie Chicks - The Ballroom Kings 13. Ramshackle Daddy - Don Lang 14. The Shag - Billy Graves 15. You Got A Heart Like a Rock - Charlie Gracie 16. Born To Rock - Freddie Fingers Lee 17. Dear Mum Bye Bye - Freddie Fingers Lee 18. Open Up Your Heart - Eugene Church 19. Hang Up My Rock And Roll Shoes - Chuck Willis 20. For Your Love - Ed Townsend 21. Heart of Glass - The Puppini Sisters 22. Good Night My Love - Jessie Belvin
Some great stuff there to keep you Rockin'! If you would like to write to Jackie Bond you can by reaching him at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4835
It's time for great sounding Doo Wop! And Cool Bobby B is here to bring it to you! Rock-it Radio is proud to be the premiere internet provider for the Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop. Here is the playlist of this week's show.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (opening theme) 2. Morse Code of Love -- The Capris 3. Ding Dong Honeymoon -- The Cheerios 4. Slow Fizz -- The Motivations 5. Come on baby -- The Cordovans 6. Rip Van Winkle -- The Devotions 7. Tonight I fell in love -- The Tokens 8. Church bells may ring -- The Willows 9. Tonight, Tonight -- The Mello Kings 10. I'll be home -- The Flamingos 11. Little Star -- Jimmy Getz & The Jewelers 12. My Reverie -- The Larks 13. Sincerely -- The Moonglows 14. Little Darlin' -- The Diamonds 15. You're sso fine -- The Falcons 16. Baby blue -- The Echoes 17. You were mine -- The Fireflies 18. Why do you do me like you do -- The Cleftones 19. Pretty Little Girl -- The Monarchs 20. Buzz Buzz Buzz -- Hollywood Flames 21. Rock N Roll is here to stay -- Danny & The Juniors 22. 'Til -- The Angels 23. Silhouettes -- The Rays 24. Old Songs -- The Classics 25. Mr. Bassman -- Johnny Cymbal 26. Close your eyes -- The Five Keys 27. When you dance -- The Turbans 28. Crazy for you -- The Heartbeats 29. My own true love -- The Duprees 30. I wonder why -- Dion 31. This I swear -- The Skyliners 32. A little bit of soap -- The Jarmels
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== OTTO FUCHS AND THE ROCKIN' THE JOINT SHOW VIA ROCK-IT RADIO IN SHOW #4836
From his studios in Baden, Austria - Otto is back this week with more rockin' rockabilly tunes from around the world! Check out this playlist and tune in at our program webpage as show #4836.
01. Rock The Joint - Bill Haley & The Comets 02. Teddy Boy Rock & Roll - Crazy Cavan & The Rhythm Rockers 03. Buzz Buzz - Wild Angels 04. Oh Carol - Flying Saucers 05. Wild Cat - The Houseshakers 06. I'm A Teddy Boy - Vernon & The GI's 07. Middle-Aged Teddy Boy's Lament - Mick Satan & The Rockin' Devils 08. Dance Of The Teddy Boy - Lou Cifer & The Hellions 09. Teddy Boy Bop - Foggy Mountain Rockers 10. Teddy Boy Jive - Johnny Knife & The Rippers 11. RockinÂ´ My Life Away - Backdraft 12. Keep On Rockin'´ - Teencats 13. My Love's Named Rock & Roll - The Rioters 14. We Are The Teds - Yann The Corrupted 15. Carry On - Furious 16. Dynamite - The Beetle Crushers 17. Red Light - Black Raven 18. That's Rock & Roll - Rebels Revenge 19. Rebel RockinÂ´ Billy - Wild Bob Burgos 20. Son Of Rockabilly - Shotgun 21. Get Rhythm - The Wildcats 22. Boogie Bop Dame - Crepes `n` Drapes 23. The March Of The Rockers - Cadillac 24. A Teddy Boy's Prayer - Lou Cifer & The Hellions
If you would like to send Otto a Rockabilly request or would like to send a hello you can via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to have along with a
mailing address and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of
saying Thank you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we
will have August drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
TRIBUTE TO THE CLASS OF 1964 IS COMING IN APRIL
Every year Rock-it Radio's Program Director Lane Quigley does a tribute to a 50 year Class Reunion. Well this year it will of course feature the Class of 1964! But this year it is going to be a special one and will air in April and May as a 4 or 5 part special! All the big and not so big hits from 1964! Keen an eye out for it and make sure to tell your friends as well.
Remembering a DJ Icon -- Porky Chedwick.
Last newsletter we mentioned that we had lost a DJ Icon in American Broadcasting - Mr. Porky Chedwick but you can remember his legacy in a nostalgic way, We have in our inventory 2 broadcasts from Porky.
WIBG PHILADELPHIA DROPS RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW IN UNCOOL WAY!
It's sad to see how some radio stations treat there DJ's. And those that provide the programming and mistakes they make in cancelling music that keeps the music alive. A couple of week's ago I read about Rock-it Radio DJ: Dave Kapulsky (Dave the Rave) and how his programming was cancelled without even a e mail - We are happy to say that Rock-it Radio still airs and will continue to air his show as long as he likes. It is considered top notch in our book! And a huge mistake by those in Charge at WIBG. Here is the final mention from Dave on his Facebook page below.
WIBG Wibbage FM 94.3 Final Update: Please read this entire message. I have had some discussions with the owner, Rick Brancadora, these past few days, and I have been informed that the station has indeed terminated my Relics & Rarities Show, as it does not fit the format of this station. I have indeed insisted on maintaining the integrity of the music heard on my Relics & Rarities specialty show. I play the hits and the records that deserve that second chance on the radio! One of the oddest mistruths of this episode though was being told that the station received no calls, and no emails about my show's termination. This was later revised to just a few, but only from internet listener's and I assume that means you don't count. I know in my heart that a non-response to the termination of my Relics & Rarities Show to the radio station is a complete fabrication. But if it made the Program Director or anyone else there feel better to stake such a claim, then I'm all about making people feel better. I prefer accomplishing that by the music I play, but for those at Wibbage (WIBG) if it is accomplished by the lies you tell, I will be happy for you as well. I most regret not being able to say goodbye to the listeners, and thanking them for tuning in to my show over the last 5 years and working with the four different time changes that my show experienced. To the listeners that will see this message, THANK YOU! You can insult my intelligence by telling me that nobody cared about my show's termination, but I will take the high road, as that is how I live my life, and say a final thank you to WIBBAGE, and my last five years on your station. Rave On!
MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED. YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from March 10, 2014 to
March 27, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Ganguzza -- Belmar, New Jersey USA Keith Baxter -- United Kingdom Toby Padgett -- Portland, Oregon USA Jim Sturdivant -- Felton, California USA Jerry -- Englerth, New York USA Larry Scott -- Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island Canada Doug Trowse -- Albany, Western Australia Australia Kelly Wobshins -- Regina, Saskatchewan Canada Dennis Rines -- Southbridge, Massachusetts USA Jeff Miller -- Port Lyons, Alaska USA Sarah Howard -- St. Albans, United Kingdom Christian Bethmann -- Tuckerton, New Jersey USA Clive Tyrrell -- London, United Kingdom Ed Lieper -- Homer, Alaska USA
And 17 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 41 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,638 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 3/27/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 3. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 4. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 5. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 6. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 7. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as guest DJ WNEW NY 1974 8. RIR #425 -- Real Don Steele - KHJ Los Angeles 7/3/1967 9. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 10. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg WMEX Boston 12/12/1965
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 2/13/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Brazil +1 3. United Kingdom -1 4. Canada +0 5. France +2 6. Germany +2 7. Mexico +3 8. Hungary -3 9. Spain +0 10. Australia +1 11. Netherlands +2 12. Sweden +4 13. Croatia -3 14. Peru +6 15. Philippines +0 16. Japan -4 17. Russia +4 18. Colombia +7 19. Argentina -5 20. Austria -2 21. Italy -2 22. Chile +0 23. Belgium -7 24. Ireland +0 25. Finland +2 26. Switzerland +10 27. Dominican Republic -4 28. South Africa -2 29. Thailand -1 30. Norway +2 31. India +3 32. Poland -2 33. Czech Republic +6 34. Bolivia -1 35. Paraguay -4 36. Slovakia +10 37. Romania -3 38. New Zealand -1 39. Guatemala -7 40. Greece +9 41. Denmark +7 42. Turkey -8 43. China +11 44. Saudi Arabia -3 45. Indonesia +2 46. Israel +5 47. Malaysia +8 48. Portugal -5 49. Serbia +3 50. Morocco +17
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. New York +0 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +0 7. New Jersey +0 8. Ohio +1 9. Illinois -1 10. Massachusetts +1 11. Maryland -1 12. North Carolina +0 13. Michigan +3 14. Oregon +5 15. Missouri +0 16. Virginia -3 17. Indiana -3 18. Arizona +5 19. Alabama +1 20. Tennessee -3 21. Wisconsin +1 22. Georgia -5 23. Connecticut +1 24. Colorado +3 25. Kentucky -4 26. South Carolina +3 27. Rhode Island -2 28. West Virginia +7 29. Kansas -4 30. Delaware -3 31. Iowa +0 32. Minnesota -5 33. Nevada +4 34. Louisiana -1 35. New Hampshire +3 36. Oklahoma -4 37. Montana +3 38. District of Columbia +5 39. New Mexico +0 40. Arkansas +1 41. Idaho +3 42. Utah -1 43. Nebraska -1 44. Hawaii +3 45. Vermont +1 46. Wyoming +2 47. Mississippi -9 48. Maine -3 49. South Dakota +2 50. Alaska +0 51. North Dakota -2
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!