As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, April 7, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4837 tp #4848
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
It's a start of a new week and it's been an exciting one for us - We have begun our FM outlet on Sunday at 99.1 FM in Post Falls, Idaho! We have a totaly of 13 new shows since our last newsletter. And being the first newsletter of the month we will have our drawing for giveaways to those that bought items in the Launching Pad in March.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
FIRST APRIL ISSUE ... ROCK-IT RADIO - MUSIC TO UNFORTUNATELY DO TAXES BY! ==============================================LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4837
PREPARE TO BE FINGER SNAPPIN' AND FOOT STOMPIN' WITH THIS WEEK'S MEMORY LANE SHOW Better not get too close to your computer, 'cause this week's Memory Lane Show is so HOT that you might get blisters. Come join host Lane Quigley for some great r&b and rock'n'roll, as well as the backstories behind the records (including the usual array of sound bites from the people who created the music). You'll be snapping your fingers and stomping your feet with this show .... just be careful not to disturb your neighbors.
1. It Will Stand - The Showmen 1961 2. Baby Don't Do It - The Five Royales 1953 SOUND BITE 3. Good Lovin' - The Olympics 1965 4. Please Don't Do It - Dale Wright 1958 5. Let Me Go Home Whiskey - Amos Milburn 1953 6. Thirteen Women - Bill Haley & The Comets 1954 SOUND BITE 7. Down In Mexico - The Coasters 1956 8. Forty Days - Ronnie Hawkins 1959 9. Teasin' You - Willie Tee 1965 10. What Time Is It? - The Jive Five 1962 SOUND BITE 11. Sexy Ways - The Midnighters 1954 12. Mother Roux - Paul Gayten 1956 13. Piddly Patter Patter - Nappy Brown 1955 SOUND BITES 14. Night Time Is The Right Time - Timi Yuro 15. I Think You're Jivin' Me - Huey 'Piano' Smith & The Clowns 16. Oh Baby Doll - Kirby St. Romain 1964 17. WPLJ - The Four Deuces 1955 SOUND BITE 18. So Near and Yet So Far - Little Anthony & The Imperials 1959 19. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do - Jivinâ€™ Gene & The Jokers 1959 20. The Letter - Don & Dewey 1957 SOUND BITE 21. I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself - Tommy Hunt 1962 22. Don't Look Back - The Temptations 1965 23. Temptation's 'Bout To Get Me - The Knight Brothers 1965
Thanks Lane for another great musical memory of yesteryear. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4838 - SPOTLIGHT ON JUKEBOX 1954 Pt. 2
1954: Jukebox Rhythm Review, Pt. 2
1954 was a pivotal year for American Music. The lines between Rhythm & Blues and Pop were getting blurred as more and more R&B records crossed over into the Pop Chart, causing a brand new youth market to open up. American teens of all colors were diggin that jump blues sound that had been a staple on Black Radio for years. This would lead to racial integration and eventually, the Civil Rights Movement. There is no doubt that music played an important role in the early days of Civil Rights and those roots can be traced back to the Black Music of 1954. In fact, this was the year that a young, white kid from Memphis named Elvis began recording at 706 Union Avenue. It was also a year of unlikely musical heroes as 43 year old Joe Turner, who had been making records since 1938, topped the R&B Chart twice, helping to propel Rock n Roll Music to the forefront. Vocal groups like the Chords, The Charms, The Five Keys and The Drifters were forging a new sub-genre that would come to be called Doo Wop. This week in part 2, Matt The Cat focuses on the biggest jukebox hits of the second half of 1954. So grab a handful of nickels, cause you re gonna need em to keep the Juke In The Back jumping as we highlight the momentous year of 1954.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Honey Love - The Drifters Feat. Clyde McPhatter - Atlantic 1954 3. Sh-Boom - The Chords - Cat 1954 4. Sexy Ways - The Midnighters - Federal 1954 5. Oh What A Dream - Ruth Brown & Her Rhythmakers - Atlantic 1954 6. Annie Had A Baby - The Midnighters - Federal 1954 7. I'm Ready - Muddy Waters & His Guitar - Chess 1954 8. Hurts Me To My Heart - Faye Adams - Herald 1954 9. I Don't Hurt Anymore - Dinah Washington - Mercury 1954 10. Mambo Baby - Ruth Brown & Her Rhythmakers - Atlantic 1954 11. Hearts Of Stone - The Charms - DeLuxe 1954 12. Reconsider Baby - Lowell Fulson - Checker 1954 13. GREAT 78 - Oop Shoop - Shirley Gunter & "The Queens" - Flair 1954 14. Poison Ivy - Willie Mabon - Chess 1954 15. Ling, Ting, Tong - The Five Keys - Capitol 1954 16. You Upset Me Baby - B. B. "Blues Boy" King & His Orch - RPM 1954 17. Earth Angel - The Penguins - Dootone 1954 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
If you have any future requests or comments to Matt the Cat you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4839
From his UK Studio Ken Strange delves into the archives to bring you another Country Record Round-Up, with Country Music from right across the board from the 40's - 00's including a former country # 1, album tracks, Rockabilly artists who also produced some good country, and the regular feature of "Duo's And Duets". So climb aboard the rocket, sit back, buckle up and join Ken Strange for another round up......... A Country Record Round-Up that is!!!!
01. Intro - Medley 02. Booze Broads And Bad Times - Boxcar Willie (87) Castle UK 03. Country Boy - Alan Jackson (08) Arista Nashville 04. Before You Go - Buck Owens & His Buckeroos (65) Capitol 05. Forever Is Ending Today - Ernest Tubb (48) Decca 06. They Don't Make 'Em Like My Daddy - Loretta Lynn (74) MCA 07. Fly Like A Bird - Boz Scaggs (94) USA Virgin 08. The Almanac Song - Texas Jim Robertson (54) Design 09. Back When - Tim McGraw (04) Curb 10. Maria Shut Up And Kiss Me - Willie Nelson (09) Lost Highway Reords 11. Beer-I-Cide - Sonny Burgess (09) Winding Roads Records 12. Heaven's Just A Sin Away - The Kendalls # 1 (77) Ovation 13. I've Come To Take You Home - Joe & Rose Lee Maphis (64) Starday 14. Bamboozled - Wilma Lee & Stoney Cooper (54) Columbia 15. Red Staggerwing - Emmy Lou Harris & Mark Knopfler (06) Mercury 16. Blue Moon Of Kentucky - George Jones & Melba Montgomery (66) United Artists 17. Goodbye Mr Love - Warren Smith (59) Sun 18. I Feel The Blues Coming On - Hayden Thompson & His Southern Melody Boys (55) Von 19. Mr Freight Train - Johnny Nelms (57) Tilt 20. Memories Of You - Magel Priesman (58) Sun 21. Me And The Wildwood Rose - Carlene Carter (90) Reprise 22. Fear Of Flying - Suzy Bogguss (90) Liberty 23. Johnny Overload - Howard Perkins (69) Juke 24. Outro - |Medley
Great Traditonal Country Music Ken! If you have any requests, or comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach Ken at: email@example.com
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A R&B TRIBUTE TO JACK MCVEA ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4840
This show is the first of a two part series on the recordings of R&B pioneer Jack McVea. Probably best known for his hit record of Open the Door Richard in 1957, he was much more than just a one hit wonder. He had an outstanding career both as a Jazz and an R&B sax player. As well he was the leader of his own band that recorded separately from the many artists that he and or his band backed. Such artists as T-Bone Walker, Wynonie Harris, Lionel Hampton, The Savoys,The Laurels etc. all benefited from his expertise. As well Jack McVea participated in arguably the first two Rock and Roll records playing as he did on Lionel Hampton song Flying Home in 1942 and Blues Parts One and Two recorded at Jazz At The Philharmonic (JATP) in 1944. These shows will feature both his work as a band leader as well as his efforts as a participant in the music of others. It is long overdue that this under rated but supremely important contributor to Rock and Roll was featured on Rock-it Radio. The wait is over.
The play list is as follows:
1. Bar Tender Boogie Jack McVea and His All Stars 1945 2. Wino-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1945 3. House Party Boogie-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1946 4. Frisco Blues-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1945 5. Flying Home- Lionel Hampton and His Orchestra 1942 6. Yaka Boo-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1955 7. Tarrant Blues-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1945 8. We're Together Again-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1945 9. Tequila Hop-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1954 10. No Worry Blues - T-Bone Walker 1946 11. Don't Worry Baby-T-Bone Walker 1946 12. Crows Being Evicted-Jack McVea and His Door Openers 1947 13. Open The Door Richard-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1946/47 14. Chop Chop Boom-Jack McVea and His Orchestra with The savoys 1955 15. The Key's In The Mail Box-Jack McVea and His Door Openers 1947 16. Yacka Hoom Boom-Jack McVea and His Orchestra with The Savoys 1955 17. Inflation Blues-Jack McVea and His Door Openers 1947 18. Fine Fine Baby-Jack McVea and His Orchestra with The Laurels 1955 19. Boby Sox Blues-T-Bone Walker 1946 20. Young Man's Blues-Wynonie Harris 1945
Thanks Al for another fine feature of Rock on Rock-it Radio. If you have any comments or requests to the Cool Daddy you can reach him via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4841
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Stop Jibing Baby-The Vibes (The Vibrinaires) (1954) 3. Be My Girl-Tony & The Twiliters (1960) 4. Because of You-The Dreamers (1963) 5. Tra La La-The Majors (1963) 6. My Cherie-The Shells (1957) 7. Flames in My Heart-The Channels (1957) 8. Don't You Just Know It-Huey (Piano) Smith & The Clowns (1958) 9. No Chance-The Cadillacs (1955) 10. Goodbye Baby-Jack Scott & The Chantones (late 1950s)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Shombalor-Sheriff & The Ravels (1958) 12. Chi Chi Merengue-The Eloise Trio (1960)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. False Alarm-The Re-vels (1958) 14. Teardrops in the Night-The Arabians (1961) 15. Buzz Buzz A-Diddle-It-Freddy Canon (1961) 16. The ABCs of Love-Reality (1979)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. My Heart Beats Faster-The El Venos (1957) 18. You Won't Be True-The El Venos (1957) 19. House of Love-The Bel-Aires (circa 1959) 20. Come on Home-The Bel-Aires (circa 1959)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. My Friends-The Bel-Aires (circa 1959) 22. Too Young-The Serenaders (xxxx) 23. Once Upon a Time-Rochell & The Candles (1961) 24. Need Your Love-The Metallics (xxxx) 25. Cherie-The Hide-A-Ways (1954) 26. Love Call-The Ebonaires (1959) 27. Pardon Me-The Cezannes (1963)
28. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4842 SUN RECORD SPECIAL
This week is special with Mr. Jackie Bond it's an all SUN Record Special the famous record label out of Memphis, Tennessee!
A Sun Records special
1. Fools Hall Of Fame - Rudi Richardson 2. Mad At You - Mack Self 3. Come On Little Mama - Ray Harris 4. Rock Bobbin' Baby - Edwin Bruce 5. Booted - Rosco Gordon 6. I'll Wait Forever - Glenn Honeycutt 7. Baby I Don't Care - Carl Mann 8. You're My baby - Roy Orbison 9. Break Up - Ray Smith 10. Walkin' Shoes - Onie Wheeler 11. Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-o-Dee - Malcolm Yelvington 12. Ooh That's Good - Patsy Holcomb 13. Bop Bop Baby - Wade and Dick 14. Take Me To That Place - Jack Earls 15. That Depends On You - Jim Williams 16. Judy - Rudy Grayzell 17. Ten Years - Jack Clement 18. No More Crying The Blues - Alton and Jimmy 19. Be Mine,All Mine - Johnny Powers 20. I'm Lonesome - Ernie Chaffin 21. Ballad Of A Teenage Queen - Johnny Cash 22. Lovin' Up a Storm - Jerry Lee Lewis 23. Glad All Over - Carl Perkins 24. Milkcow Blues - Elvis Presley 25. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Some great stuff there to keep you Rockin'! If you would like to write to Jackie Bond you can by reaching him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== FLASHBACK SHOW! MUSIC OF NEW ORLEANS HOSTED BY AL COOL DADDY SMITH - ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #1658
We dug into the archives last week. And found this little gem shortly after the Hurricane Katrina disaster devastated New Orleans. This show features all the great music that New Orleans has to offer. And is in our program webpage this week.
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4843
Easy Rockin'...For a change of pace from our usual frantic rockabilly format, this show features two dozen smoother, mid-tempo rockin' tunes, many of which charted in the late 1950's to early 1960's. Here is the playlist of what you will hear.
1. Makin' Love - Floyd Robinson 1959 #9 2. My Heart Is An Open Book - Carl Dobkins, Jr. 1959 #3 3. Justine - Don & Dewey 1958 4. Two Hearts, Two Kisses - Pat Boone 1955 #16 5. Without You - Johnny Tillotson 1961 #7 6. Rock Your Little Baby To Sleep - Buddy Knox 1957 #17 7. It's Late - Ricky Nelson 1959 #9 8. Heartbeat - Lorries Collins 1957 9. You're The Reason - Bobby Edwards 1961 #11 10. After Loving You - Elvis Presley 1969 11. Why Baby Why - Pat Boone 1957 #5 12. Bodine - Bobby Fuller Four 1965 13. Waitin' In School - Ricky Nelson 1958 #18 14. My Bucket's Got A Hole In It - Ricky Nelson 1958 #12 15. Swingin' Daddy - Buddy Knox 1957 #80 16. I Think I'm Gonna Kill Myself - Buddy Knox 1959 #55 17. I'm Stickin' With You - Jimmy Bowen 1957 #14 18. If You'll Let Me - Howard Crockett 1957 19. For My Good Fortune - Pat Boone 1958 #21 20. One Of These Days - Jack Scott 1961 21. You Can Bet Your Bottom Dollar - Jack Scott 1959 22. Froggie Went A Courtin' - Jimmie Rodgers 1959 23. Fallin' - Connie Francis 1958 #30 24. Honky Tonk - The Fendermen 1960 25. Welcome New Lovers - Pat Boone 1960 #18
Good Stuff Mike! If you would like to drop Mike Taylor an e mail you can just e mail him at: email@example.com
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW DOUBLE FEATURE IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4844
Dave is back this week with more Rockin' Tunes from the 60s. Some are very rare and some are sure to spark a memory!
1. 7-11 - Gone All Stars 2. Wait A Minute - Tim Tam & the Turn Ons 3. Maybe You'll Be There - Billy & Essentials 4. Sunshine and You - Arch of Triumph 5. How Will It End - Barry Darvel 6. We Ain't Got Nothing Yet - Blues Magoos 7. That's The Bag I'm In - Fabs 8. Sometimes Good Guys Don't Wear White - Standells 9. Artificial Rose - Lost Souls 10. Frightened Girl - Silent Majority 13. There's Still A Tomorrow - Diplomats 14. I'll Take You Home - Jerry Naylor 15. Look Through Any Window - Hollies 16. Time Was - Chosen Lot 17. I Can't Let Go - Evie Sands 18. Pretty Flamingo- Gene Pitney 19. Come Tomorrow - Manfred Mann 20. Backstreet Girl - Diana Dawn 21, Well Baby - The Spirits of Blue Lightning (Discovery of the Week) 22. Groovy Kind of Love - Patti Labelle & Blue-Belles 23. Be Faithful - Twilighters
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND'S ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4845
Featuring music from Art Adams , Crazy Cavan, Jerry Engler, Andy Starr and rockers from the early days. Gene Vincent's 15th recording session for Capitol, session number 6440 at Capitol Tower Hollywood, Los Angeles on December 15th 1957.
01. Atom Bomb - Glen Barber
Gene Vincent Sessions 02. By The Light Of The Silvery Moon - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 03. Right Now - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 04. You'll Never walk Alone - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 05. I Got A Baby - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps
Art Adams 06. The Birth Of Rock & Roll 07. Dancing Doll 08. Red Neck Rock 09. Rockin' My Way Around 10. Juke Joint Johnny 11. The Joint's Really Jumping - Jimmy Evans 12. Rockin' At The Y - Thomas Ingle 13. Short Skirts - Bobby Garrett & Roy Lee's Combo
Crazy Cavan 14. Big Black Cadillac - Crazy Cavan 15. Are You Still Crazy ? - Crazy Cavan 16.She's A Crazy child - Crazy Cavan
Bop A Long 17. If You Gonna Say Goodbye - Lee Gocher 18. I Want A Love - Jerry Engler 19. Time Stands Still - Jerry Engler 20. Spin The Bottle - Benny Joy
Andy Starr 21. Dig Them Squeaky Shoes - Andy Starr 22.One More Time - Andy Starr 23. Rockin' Rollin' Stone - Andy Starr 24. Round & Round - Andy Starr
Tommy Spurlin. 25. Hang Loose - Tommy Spurlin & The Southern Boys
Great Feature on some early Rockers Trevor!!! If you would like to send Trevor an e mail in his studios in Bendigo, Victoria Australia you can at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4846
It's time for great sounding Doo Wop! And Cool Bobby B is here to bring it to you! Rock-it Radio is proud to be the premiere internet provider for the Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop. Here is the playlist of this week's show.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (opening theme) 2. Eenie Meenie -- Vito & Salutations 3. Sweetest One -- The Crests 4. I only have eyes for you -- The Flamingos 5. You're gonna cry -- The Spaniels 6. Love me -- Royal Jesters 7. The Wind -- The Jesters 8. Deep in my Heart -- The Shells 9. Kissing Game -- Dion 10. Just you -- Dion & The Belmonts 11. Jam up -- Tommy Ridgley 12. Tonight -- The Velvets 13. I fell in love -- The Nutmegs 14. Just for a little while -- Tender Tones 15. Betty Jean -- Little Caesar & The Romans 16. I have sinned -- Donnie Elbert 17. Evergreen -- Roy Orbison 18. Queen of my heart -- Rene & Rene 19. Only you, Only me -- Jackie Wilson 20. So in love -- The Tymes 21. Down the Aisle of Love -- The Quintones 22. This I swear -- The Skyliners 23. My memories of you -- The Harptones 24. Always and Forever -- Heatwave 25. Zing went the strings of my heart -- The Coasters 26. Bells of Rosa Rita -- The Admirations
27. Diamonds -- Hollywood Saxons 28. Please Surrender -- El Daros 29. Take me as I am -- The Demens 30. Low Rider Girl -- Don Julian & The Larks 31. Could this be magic -- The Dubbs 32. 10 Commandments of Love -- The Moonglows 33. Morse Code of Love -- The Capris 34. Teen Angel -- Dion & The Belmonts 35. I love you -- The Volumes 36. Candy -- The Astros 37. Baby Baby -- Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL RETRO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4847
Rock-it Radio D J Bill Green is back with Rock 'n Roll Retrospective and his Giant Juke Box. Tune in and you'll get to hear everything from the unknown to the unforgettable. Be sure to take this very cool Rock-it ride.
1) Rock and Roll Waltz - Kay Starr (1956) 2) If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody - James Ray (61/62) 3) How Can I Be Sure - The Young Rascals (1967) 4) Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles (1961) 5) Secretly - Jimmie Rodgers (1958) 6) I'm In Love - The Cadillacs (1960) 7) United - Jive Five (1964) 8) Sexy Ways - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters (1954) 9) Cute Little Ways - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters (1959) 10) I'll Always Love You - Brenda Holloway (1964) 11) Hungry For Your Love - The San Remo Golden Strings (1965) 12) Diddley Daddy - Bo Diddley (1959) 13) An Angel Up In Heaven - The Dell-Vikings (1962) 14) Dizzy, Miss Lizzy - Larry Williams (1958) 15) The Horse - Cliff Nobles and Company (1968) 16) Fools Fall In Love - The Drifters (1958) 17) Night Train - James Brown (1962) 18) I Saw Linda Yesterday - Dickie Lee (1962) 19) Need Your Love - The Metalics (1962) 20) My Home Town - Paul Anka (1960) 21) Misty Roses - Johnny Mathis (1967) 22) Rip It Up - Elvis Presley (1956)
Thanks Bill for another great show! If you have any requests or comments or would like to say Hello to Bill you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
============================================== CLARKE JAMES - CJ THE DJ! AND THE ROCKIN' AND ROLLIN' RECORD REVIEW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4848
It's his second show here on Rock-it Radio and it totally rocks! Come tune into CJ the DJ and the great variety and selection he offers here on Rock-it Radio.
1. Intro. Stack-A-Records (Partial) - Tom Tall 2. Rock And Roll Romance - The Big Rocker 3. Black Cadillac - Joyce Green 4. Almost Grown - Chuck Berry 5. I Want You With Me - Bobby Darin 6. Share - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers 7. Heâ€™s Gone - The Chantels 8. Hey! Cool - Douglas Cornell & The Hot Rods 9. Woman Love - Gene Vincent 10. Blue Velvet - The Clovers 11. I See A Star - The Roulettes 12. Over And Over - Bobby Day 13. Turn Me Loose - Fabian 14. Night After Night - The Derbys 15. Oh My Darling - The Rhythm Casters 16. True, True Happiness - Johnny Tillotson 17. Keep Your Hands Off My Baby - Little Eva 18. Big Machine - Gene Savage 19. The Pirate Song - Ray Stevens 20. Sue - Tennessee 21. Big As I Can Dream - Kris Jensen 22. Bella Marie - Johnny Blake & The Clippers 23. I Love My Baby - The Crystals 24. Angel Of Love - Charlie Gracie 25. Don't Call Me Fly face - The Reekers 26. Blue Moon - The Emanons 27. Oh What A Feeling - Lil' June And The Januarys 28. It Started With A Kiss - Johnny Rose 29. Poor Rock And Roll - Nicky & The Nobles
If you have any future requests, or comments you can reach Clarke at his new Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Clarke@rockitradio.net
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to have along with a
mailing address and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of
saying Thank you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we
will have August drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
TRIBUTE TO THE CLASS OF 1964 IS COMING IN APRIL
Every year Rock-it Radio's Program Director Lane Quigley does a tribute to a 50 year Class Reunion. Well this year it will of course feature the Class of 1964! But this year it is going to be a special one and will air in April and May as a 4 or 5 part special! All the big and not so big hits from 1964! Keen an eye out for it and make sure to tell your friends as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO RETURNS TO THE FM BAND AT 99.1 FM IN POST FALLS, IDAHO
It's been a few years and a 10 month struggle to get back on FM here in Idaho. But with patience and sweat we finally succeeded and on April 6th at 3 p.m. we began broadcasting once again. So, if you are cruising thru I 90 from Idaho to Washington make sure to tune us in on 99.1 FM. We are playing the same great oldies as we do online. And you can check out our FM Rock-it Radio website at: http://www.rockitradio.net/fm.html
Remembering a DJ Icon -- Porky Chedwick.
Last newsletter we mentioned that we had lost a DJ Icon in American Broadcasting - Mr. Porky Chedwick but you can remember his legacy in a nostalgic way, We have in our inventory 2 broadcasts from Porky.
This week: UK Skiffle 'Freight Train' - Nancy Whiskey and Chas. McDevitt Skiffle Group Hit song from 1957 recorded in black and white with authentic sound. From "Tommy Steele Story" film, but discovered on an old VHS tape.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from March 28, 2014 to
April 7, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Edelstein -- Ft. Worth, Texas USA Paul Paul -- Del Molina, Rhode Island USA John Bennett -- W. Memphis, Arkansas USA Eva Caperton -- St. Paul, Minnesota USA Randall Moore -- Hesperia, California USA Thomas Fiumidisi -- Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA Tuckie Kraynak -- Pt. Charlotte, Florida USA Carl Tancredi -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA Paul Butt -- Barry, United Kingdom Karen Schwartz -- Pewee Valley, Kentucky USA
And 20 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 67 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,705 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 4/6/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 3. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 4. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 5. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 6. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 7. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 8. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 9. RIR #359 -- Gus Gossert Oldies Show WPIX FM New York from 1971 10. RIR #425 -- Real Don Steele - KHJ Los Angeles 7/3/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 4/6/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Brazil +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +0 5. France +0 6. Germany +0 7. Spain +2 8. Mexico -1 9. Australia +1 10. Hungary -3 11. Netherlands +0 12. Sweden +0 13. Japan +3 14. Philippines +1 15. Peru -1 16. Croatia -3 17. Argentina +2 18. Russia -1 19. Colombia -2 20. Austria +0 21. Italy +0 22. Switzerland +4 23. Chile -4 24. Belgium -1 25. Ireland -1 26. South Africa +2 27. Finland -2 28. Poland +4 29. Thailand +0 30. Dominican Republic -2 31. Norway -1 32. India -1 33. Slovakia +3 34. Greece +6 35. New Zealand +3 36. Saudi Arabia +8 37. Czech Republic -4 38. China +5 39. Denmark +2 40. Paraguay -9 41. Guatemala -3 42. Indonesia +3 43. Malaysia +4 44. Serbia +5 45. Portugal +3 46. Romania -3 47. Honduras +7 48. Turkey -7 49. Hong Kong +9 50. Israel -6
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. New York +0 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +0 7. New Jersey +0 8. Ohio +0 9. Massachusetts +1 10. Illinois -1 11. North Carolina +1 12. Michigan +1 13. Arizona +5 14. Maryland -3 15. Virginia +1 16. Oregon -3 17. Alabama +2 18. Wisconsin +3 19. Missouri -3 20. Georgia +2 21. Indiana -3 22. Tennessee -4 23. Colorado +1 24. Connecticut -1 25. Kentucky +0 26. Kansas +3 27. Minnesota +5 28. West Virginia +0 29. South Carolina -3 30. Rhode Island -3 31. Nevada +1 32. Louisiana +2 33. Delaware -2 34. Iowa -4 35. Arkansas +5 36. New Hampshire -1 37. Montana +0 38. New Mexico +1 39. District of Columbia -1 40. Oklahoma -6 41. Idaho +0 42. Utah +0 43. Hawaii +1 44. Nebraska -1 45. Vermont +0 46. Maine +2 47. Mississippi +0 48. Wyoming -2 49. South Dakota +0 50. Alaska +0 51. North Dakota +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!