As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, April 14, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4849 to #4859
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4849
From start to finish, you'll be smiling and tapping your toes as you dig this week's Memory Lane Show exclusively on Rock-it Radio. Pull up a chair and join host Lane Quigley for a variety pack of great tunes from music's best era. Even though most of these tracks may not have been big hits, you'll be scratching your head and wondering why they didn't reach the top of the charts. During the program, you'll also hear interesting interview clips from some of the folks who created the music.
1. Fortune Teller - Benny Spellman 1962 2. Such a Night - Clyde McPhatter & The Drifters 1954 3. Dear Lover - Mary Wells 1966 SOUND BITE 4. Little Star - Randy & The Rainbows 1965 5. You Upset Me Baby - B.B. King 1954 6. Real Wild Child - Johnny Oâ€™Keefe 1958 SOUND BITE 7. Fireball - The Fireballs 1959 8. Don't Blame It On Me - Fats Domino 1955 9. Should I Cry? - Jackie DeShannon 1964 SOUND BITE 10. One Too Many Mornings - The Association 1965 11. I Hear Bells - The Dell Vikings 1961 12. Give Me The Right - Elvis Presley 1961 13. Leave Married Women Alone - Jimmy Cavallo 1951 SOUND BITES 14. Looking For an Echo - Kenny Vance & The Planotones 2000 15. When I Meet My Girl - Tommy Ridgley 1957 16. Wiggle Tail - Googie Rene 1958 SOUND BITE 17. In My Diary - The Moonglows 1955 18. I Want You To Be My Baby - Louis Jordan 1953 19. Ooh Sha La La - Mickey & Kitty 1959 20. Mumbin' Mosie - The Johnny Otis Show 1960 21. Gloria - The Love Notes 1963 SOUND BITE 22. The Way You Look Tonight - The Jaguars 1956 23. It's All In The Game - Tommy Edwards 1958
Thanks Lane for another great musical memory of yesteryear. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4850
Papa Walt is back again with another set of oldies this week covering a wide span! The Oldies Show has put together a playlist of songs that deal with things young and old and that span 37 years from 1951 to 1988.
PLAYLIST - Papa Walt's Oldies Show (#4) - Young & Old
1. When I Was Young - The Animals (1967) 2. Young World - Ricky Nelson (1962) 3. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - Joan Baez (1971) 4. Not Too Young Not to Get Married - Bob B. Soxx & the Blue Jeans (1963) 5. Old Fashioned Love Song - Three Dog Night (1971) 6. When You're Young and In Love - Ruby & the Romantics (1964) 7. All the Young Dudes - Mott the Hoople (1972) 8. Old Friends/Bookends - Simon & Garfunkel (1968) 9. Forever Young - Rod Stewart (1988) 10. Because They're Young - Duane Eddy & the Rebels (1960) 11. Old Man - Neil Young (1972) 12. Young Love - Sonny James (1957) 13. Those Oldies But Goodies - Little Caesar & the Romans (1961) 14. Too Young - Nat King Cole (1951) 15. Young Girl - Gary Puckett & the Union Gap (1968) 16. Old Rivers - Walter Brennan (1962) 17. Young Blood - The Coasters (1957) 18. Younger Generation - The Lovin' Spoonful (1970) 19. Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band (1979) 20. I'm So Young - The Students (1958) 21. This Old Guitar - John Denver (1974) 22. Younger Girl - The Critters (1966) 23. Oh Very Young - Cat Stevens (1974) 24. When You're Old and Gray - Tom Lehrer (1953)
Thank you Papa Walt for another great oldies show here on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Walt with any future dedications, or comments or would just like to say Hello! You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4851
oin Ken Strange as he delves into the archives once more to bring you another Country Record Round-Up with some thing old, something new (ish), and a whole lot in between with Country Music from right across the board including, Old-Time Country, Western Swing, Traditional Country, Trucking Songs and the regular feature, Duo's & Duets. All this and a whole lot more with tracks from the mid 1930's through to the 2000's.
01. Intro - Medley 02. How Can I Face Tomorrow - Patsy Cline (65) Vocalion 03. Fast As You - Dwight Yoakam (93) reprise 04. Act Naturally - Charlie Pride (67) RCA-Victor 05. Till These Dreams Come True - Buck Owens & His Buckeroos (60) Capitol 06. The Baron - Johnny Cash (81) Columbia 07. Moonshiners Daughter - Hayseed Dixie (05) Cooking Vinyl 08. Convoy - C.W. McCall (75) Country # 1 MGM 09. Long Thin Dawn - George Hamilton IV (69) RCA-Victor 10. Spiders And Snakes - Jim Stafford (73) MGM 11. Honky Tonk Angels - Dolly Parton (99) Pegasus 12. Just What I've Beeb Looking For - Dottie West (74) RCA 13. A Picture Of Me Without You - Lorrie Morgan & George Jones (live) 14. I Walk The Line (Revisited) - Rodney Crowell & Johnny Cash (98) MCA 15. Story Of Love - Charlie Moore & Bill Napier (60) American 16. Sweet Thang - Ernest Tubb & Loretta Lynn (67) Decca 17. Texas Boogie - Gene O'Quin (51) Capitol 18. Oh Swing It - Jimmy Revard & His Oklahoma Playboys (38) Rambler 19. Steel Guitar Stomp - Hank Penny (45) King 20. Half As Much - Hank Williams Snr (53) MGM 21. Peach Pickin' Time In Georgia - Jimmie Rogers (34) RCA-Victor USA & Regal-Zonophone UK 22. Yeah Buddy - Jeff Carson (94) Curb 23. The Ballad Of Sally Ann - Ther Country Sisters (06) 24. Tennessee River - Alabama (80) RCA 25. I Left Something Turned On At Home - Trace Adkins (96) 26. Outro - Medley
Great Traditonal Country Music Ken! If you have any requests, or comments or would just like to say Hello you can reach Ken at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4852
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. My Heavenly Angel-The Cherokees (The Five Satins) (1961) 3. Get a Job-The Silhouettes (1958) 4. Get a Job-The Toppers (1958) 5. Come on Home-The Raindrops (circa 1960) 6. Darling, Can't You Tell-The Clusters (1958) 7. Zoom-The Clusters (xxxx) 8. Don't Leave Me-The Magnificents (xxxx) 9. Lamplight-The Deltas (1957) 10. Life is But a Dream-The Classics (xxxx)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Surfin' Bird-the Trashmen (1963) 12. Dedicated to the Songs I Love-The Three Friends (1961)
17. Wait A Minute-Tim Tam & the Turn-Ons (1966) 18. Tight Skirt and Sweater-The Versatones (1958) 19. Wallflower-The Vibrations (1961) 20. On Your Radio-Richard Lanham & The Tempo-tones (xxxx)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Share-Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers (1956) 22. Rock and Roll Lullaby-B. J. Thomas (1972) 23. My Girl-The DeMolyrs (circa 1959) 24. I Walk Alone-The Vocaleers (1953) 25. Congratulations-The Turbans (1957) 26. Forever and Ever-Frankie & The C-Notes (xxxx)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH A R&B TRIBUTE TO JACK MCVEA Pt. II ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4853
This show concludes my two part look at R&B pioneer Jack McVea. Jack started playing the banjo as child but soon switched over to the Saxophone going on to form bands that recorded numerous R&B recordings from the mid 1940's until the late 1950's. This west coast performer is best known for his 1946/7 hit 'Open the Door Richard' but was much more than a one hit wonder as this show will point out.
The play list is as follows:
1. Ubie Dubie-Jack McVea and his Orchestra 1954 2. Groovin' Boogie-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1946 3. Trying To Tell Ya-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1954 4. Frantic Boogie-Jack McVea and His Door Openers 1947 5. Fiddlesticks-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1954 6. No No You Can't Do Dot Mon-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1947 7. Jack Frost-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1947 8. Baby Look At You-Wynonie Harris 1945 9. She's Gone With The Wind-Wynonie Harris 1945 10. Ooh Mop-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1945 11. I'm Gonna Find My Baby-T-Bone Walker 1946 12. Jam Boogie-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1946 13. Walking and Talking Boogie-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1948 14. Fightin' Mama Blues-Jack McVea 1948 15. Opus Boogie-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1956 16. Blues(Partial)-Jack McVea ( plays first Sax solo..followed by Illinoise Jacquet )..Jazz At The Philharmonic 1944 17. Oh How I Miss You Tonight-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1955 18. Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying-Jack McVea and His All Stars 1946 19. Cha Cho Hop-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1958 20. Left A Good Deal In Mobile-Jack McVea and His Orchestra 1945
Thanks Al for another fine feature of Rock on Rock-it Radio. If you have any comments or requests to the Cool Daddy you can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4854
It's time for great sounding Doo Wop! And Cool Bobby B is here to bring it to you! Rock-it Radio is proud to be the premiere internet provider for the Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop. Here is the playlist of this week's show.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (opening theme) 2. WPLJ -- 4 Deuces 3. Ka Ding Dong -- G Clefs 4. Do you close your eyes -- Josh White Jr. 5. Look at me now -- The Visions 6. Time makes you change -- The Dells 7. Duke of Earl - Gene Chandler 8. It might as well rain until September -- Carole King 9. So young -- Veronica 10. Dream on -- 5 Keys 11. Because of my pride -- The Fireflies 12. I believe -- The Earls 13. Goodbye to Love -- The Marcels 14. I'm a happy man -- The Jive Five 15. My Juanita -- The Crests 16. Cry Cry Cry -- Jive Five 17. I wonder Why -- Dion & Belmonts 18. Sorry (I ran all the way home) -- The Impalas 19. Could this be magic -- The Dubs
20. Lorraine -- The Bonnevilles 21. My True Story -- Jive Five 22. Those Oldies but goodies -- Little Caesar & The Romans 23. To the Aisle -- 5 Satins 24. Shirley -- The Schoolboys 25. Oh baby Don't -- The Heartbeats 26. I'm so sorry -- Lee Andrews & The Hearts 27. For your love -- Ed Townsend 28. One Summer Night -- The Danleers 29. Under the moon of above -- Curtis Lee 30. I knew from the start -- The Moonglows 31. Why don't you believe me -- The Duprees 32. I remember -- 5 Discs 33. You're so fine -- The Falcons 34. Gloria -- Vito & The Salutations 35. One Summer Night -- Philly Cuzz 36. In the still of the Night -- 5 Satins 37. Rainy Day Bells -- The Globetrotters 38. The Angels Listened in -- The Crests
Part III (Bonus!!!)
39. I do -- The Marvelows 40. For your precious Love -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 41. I can't believe -- Dino & Diplomats 42. Twilight Time -- The Platters 43. Rendezvous with you -- Kid Kyle 44. Two People in the world -- The Imperials 45. I thank the moon -- The Crests 46. Maybe -- The Chantels 47. Elephant Walk -- Donald Jenkins & Deliters 48. Please love me forever -- Cathy Jean & The Roomates 49. Again -- The Universals 50. A 1000 Stars -- Kathy Young & The Innocents 51. Should I cry -- The Concords 52. Would I love you -- The Miracles 53. This old heart -- The Monarchs 54. Sweetheart, Please don't go -- Cosmo & The Sultans 55. Diamonds & Pearls -- The Paradons 56. This is my love -- The Passions 57. Sweetest one -- The Crests
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW DOUBLE FEATURE IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4855
Dave is back this week with more Rockin' Tunes from the 60s. Some are very rare and some are sure to spark a memory!
1. Humbug - Rockin R's 2. Sad, Sad Story - Ethics 3. I Wanna Testify - Parliaments 4. It's You That I Need - Temptations 5. Anyway You Want It - Dave Clark Five 6. Bad Boy - Larry Williams 7. Evil One - Sapphires 8. I'll Hold Out My Hand - Clique 9. Good Rockin' Tonight - James Brown 10. Chicago Bird - Dial Tones 13. Lonely I - Warner Brothers 14. Phillie - M&M & Peanuts 15. Doin The Wobble - Dyke & the Blazers 16. I Saw What You Did - Olivers 17. You Haven't The Right - Catalinas 18. Locked Into Your Love- Jay & Techniques 19. Sha La La - Question Mark & Mysterians 20. Monkey Time - Major Lance 21, I Wanna Be Good Company -Tyrone Davis (Discovery of the Week) 22. Good Things Are Coming My Way - PJ Proby
1. Ronnie's Beat - Pacemakers 2. When You're Young And In Love - Marvelettes 3. Say I Am - Tommy James & Shondells 4. Make It - Barry Lee & the Action 5. Look Back In Love Not In Anger - Teddy & the Pandas 6. Hey Stop Messing Around - Hush Puppies 7. Breakout - Mitch Ryder & Detroit Wheels 8. Hula Shake - Attila & the Huns 9. I Like It Like That - Dave Clark Five 10. You Won't Find That Kind In Me - William Bonny 13. Don't Be Sore At Me - Parliaments 14. I Can't Say I Love You - Lanny Hunt & the Themes 15. I Can't Leave Your Love Alone - Clarence Carter 16. You Put A Hurtin On Me - Geminis 17. Baby Cried - BJ Thomas 18. Kathy's Back- Ugly Z 19. What Are You Trying To Do - Irma Thomas 20. Too Late - Brothers-In-Law 21. You Rub Me The Wrong Way -The Road (Discovery of the Week) 22. That's Rock & Roll - Eric Carmen
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== OTTO FUCHS & THE ROCKIN' THE JOINT ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4856
From his studios in Baden, Austria - The knowledgeable Otto Fuchs returns with another segment of the Rockin' The Joint show. It's some great Rockabilly so come on in and listen by going to our program webpage and clicking to the speaker on show #4856. Here is the playlist.
01. Rockabilly Rebel - Matchboxx 02. Rockabilly Rebel - Ray Campi 03. Johnny Carrol Rock - Johnny Carroll 04. Rockabilly Ready - Mac Curtis 05. Rockabilly Music - Jackie Lee Cochran 06. 18 Miles To Memphis - Stray Cats 07. Love Makes The World Go Around - The Jets 08. Cat Talk - The Ace Cats 09. El Ingeniero Rockero - Bulldog 10. Just Go Wild Over Rock & Roll - The Blue Cats 11. Rockabilly Guy - The Polecats 12. Your Baby Blue Eyes - Johnny Burnette & The Rock & Roll Trio 13. Jungle Rock - Tav Falco & Panther Burns 14. Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die - Robert Gordon 15. Rocket 88 - Bill Haley 16. Blue Days, Black Nights - Go Cat Go 17. LetÂ´s Get Wild - Rudy Grayzell 18. Pink & Black Days - Narvel Felts 19. Stranger Girl - The Slapbacks 20. Boom Chicka Boom - Rayburn Anthony 21. The Wreck Of The Old 97 - Johnny Cash 22. Saturday Jump - Kim Lenz 23. Is It Cool? - Buzz & The Flyers 24. His Latest Flame - Taggy Tones 25. Ace Of Spades - Union Avenue 26. Lookin' Better Every Beer - Stray Cats
Thanks Otto for another great show here on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Otto with a future request or a hello or a comment you can reach him online via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW FROM THE NETHERLANDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4857
From the land of windmills, dykes, canals, cheese, tulips and wooden shoes here is another powerful Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers plays a selection of great songs including the Indorock song, the double spin and a classic instrumental. In this show you will hear music from Sweden, the USA, Norway, the UK and Holland. So, put on your blue suede shoes and petticoats and have fun.
1. School day - Don Lang & his Frantic Five - 1957 2. That's my little Suzie - Ritchie Valens - 1959 3. Yellow rose of Texas - Tom Powder - 2001 4. Walking through my dreams - Big Bopper - 1958 5. Ma, he's making eyes at me - The Crescendo's - 1964 6. Katy Too - Johnny Cash - 1959 7. Rockabilly back - Bonneville - 1984 8. Blue days, black nights - Bob Luman - 1957 9. My shadow - The Rhythm Rockets - 1957 10. Rocket - The Go Getters - 1998 11. It's late - Ricky Nelson - 1959 12. Pop and Mama - Gene Simmons - 1955 13. Pop & Mama - The Crawdads - 2001 14. Free as a breeze - Carmol Taylor - 1959 15. Crazy little thing - Dwight Yoakam - 1999 16. Sweetheart - The Hub Caps - 2010 17. Blues stop knocking (at my door) - Al Ferrier - 1957 18. Let's go Rock 'n' Roll - Frank Sandy - 1958 19. Viva Las Vegas again - The Cascadez - 2006 20. Made to love - The Everly Brothers - 1960 21. Gonna be better times - Al Urban - 1958 22. Rock 'n' roll party man - The Black Knights - 1999 23. Promise - Joan Temple - 1957 24. Let's get it on - The Jets (UK) - 1980 25. Mrs. Merguitory's daughter - Dale Hawkins - 1957 26. Arrow boogie - The Shakin' Arrows - 1979
Thank you again Jack for one great sounding Rockabilly show here on Rock-it Radio! If you would like to contact Jack online via e mail you can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON VIRGINIA ROCKABILLY ON SHOW #4858
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 15 - VIRGINIA & WEST VIRGINIA PART 1"
DJ Spinning Rock Boogie brings you part 15 in his series "Regional Round-Up" where he features a particular State of America with some of the record labels from out of that State, the towns and cities where thos labels were situated, and of course the artists who recorded on them. There are two bites of the cherry with this show as it features two States for the price of one, Virginia and West Virginia, with music from the 1950's and the 1960's including, Rockabilly, Rock 'n' Roll, Blues, Garage Bands and the regular slot, "The Smooch Spot". So, climb aboard The Rocket, sit back, buckle up, and join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie as he takes you on a musical trip around the States of Virginia and West Virginia
01. Intro - Medley 02. Sweet Rockin' Mama - The Hi-Tombs (60) Cannon - Richmond Virginia 03. Rosie - Butch Lester (65) Bes - Charleston West Virginia 04. I'm Not Crazy I'm Just In Love - Johnny Watson & His Night Owls (59) Cactus - Portsmouth Virginia 05. Whoo I Mean Whee - Hardrock Gunter & The Rhythm Rockers (57) Emperor - Wheeling West Virginia 06. Mean - Boots Collins (?) Uplands - Bluefield West Virginia 07. Sunset Blues - Tony & Jackie Lamie (58) Sunset - Tannersville Virginia 08. If I Had Me A Woman - Buddy Watson & The Tommy Riddle Band (59) Clover - Norfolk Virginia 09. Cranberry Blues - Robert Williams & The Groovers (59) Tip-Top - Richmond Virginia 10. Jump Jack Jump - The Miller Brothers (64) Layne - Staunton Virginia 11. Marry The Money - Troy Onteare (64) Maxwell 56 - Wheeling West Virginia 12. Bip Bop Boom - Mickey Hawks + Moon Mullins & His Night Raiders (58) Mart - Martinsville Virginia 13. Going Back To Dixie - Wayne Busbice + Buzz Busby & The Bayou Boys (58) Ott - Arlington Virginia 14. Say Hello To My Angel - The Collegiates & The Classmates (63) Campus - Huntington West Virginia 15. Take A Miracle - The Kickin' Mustangs (68) Plato - Milton West Virginia 16. My Story - Burrie Manso & The Bonnivilles (64) Town Crier - Charleston West Virginia 17. CC's Blues - C.C. Richardson (70) Alta - Hurricane West Virginia 18. She'll Take You Back - Eddy Bails (66) BJ - Parkersburg West Virginia 19. Rock And Roll With Mom And Dad - Bill davenport & His Circle D Ranch Hands (?) Wayne - Norfolk Virginia 20. Train Rock - Johnny Boni & The Triumphs (57) Blackcrest - Wheeling West Virginia 21. Oh Happy Days - Daniel Bridges & The Blue Flames (61) FCM - Fallschurch Virginia 22. Somethin' Baby - The Dazzlers (58) Lee -? Virginia 23. Saki Part 2 (instrumental) - Earl Craig & The Downbeats (60) Dominion - Salem Virginia 24. You're Not Doin' Me Right - Donna Darlene (56) Admiral - Wheeling West Virginia 25. I'll Take Back That Heartache - Abbie Neal & Her Ranch Girls (56) Admiral - Wheeling West Virginia 26. Make Room For Tomorrow - Paul Young & The Versa-Tones (63) Beck - Beckley West Virginia 27. Pepper Hot Baby - Phil Gray & His Go Boys (57) Rhythm - Portsmouth Virginia 28. Gotta Rock - The Carter Kids (?) Gambler - Springfield Virginia 29. Outro - Medley
OK Gang if you want some first time heard Rockabilly that we challenge any other station play these rarities! Check them out you won't be disappointed. If you would like to write to DJ Spinning Rock Boogie you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCKIN DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4859
Are you ready for some uptempo rockin' doo wop from the 50s and early 60s? Then this is the show for you. Rockin' Daddy O holds nothing back and check out this great line up of Doo Wop Songs you will hear in show #4859.
1. Woe Woe Baby-Personalities 2. On Your Radio-12 Year Old Richard Lanham 3. Pleading No More-Shells 4. My Heart Beats Faster-El Venos (feat Anna Mae Jackson & Leon Daniels) 5. B-I-N-G-O (Bingo)-Turbans 6. Oh What A Night For Love-Roy Tyson 7. The Freedom Riders-Harold Jackson & Jackson Brothers 8. Baby Sitter I Love You-Del Victors 9. Do This Do That-Little Nat 10. Nag-Halos 11. White Cliffs Of Dover-Checkers 12. That Mellow Saxophone-Roy Montrell 13. Mary Lee-Rainbows 14. The Dummy-Larry Williams 15. Move On-Jeanette (Baby) Washington 16. Walkin' In The Garden-Belvederes 17. The Way You Look Tonight-Jaguars 18. Believe In Me-Hollywood Flames 19. Give Me Your Love-Egypitan Kings 20. Funny What A Little Kiss Can Do-Untouchables 21. Rock & Roll Uprising-Adventurers 22. Bring Back Your Heart-Nicky Addeo & Darchaes 23. Send Me Someone To Love-Celtics 24. So Long-Fats Domino
Great Doo Wop will always put you in a good mood! and Rockin' Daddy O knows how to make one great selection! If you would like to write to him and send him a e mail. firstname.lastname@example.org ============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to have along with a
mailing address and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of
saying Thank you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we
will have August drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
TRIBUTE TO THE CLASS OF 1964 IS COMING IN APRIL
Every year Rock-it Radio's Program Director Lane Quigley does a tribute to a 50 year Class Reunion. Well this year it will of course feature the Class of 1964! But this year it is going to be a special one and will air in April and May as a 4 or 5 part special! All the big and not so big hits from 1964! Keen an eye out for it and make sure to tell your friends as well.
COOL NEW ROCKABILLY INTERACTIVE SITE FROM IRELAND CHECK OUT CATTYTOWN.COM ! A couple of week's ago a rockabilly cat by the name of Eamonn Doyle contacted me and asked me if I would like Rock-it Radio listed in Catty Town? Well we are always out to get extra exposure for the Rock-it! He was kind enough to build us a page on there and this past weekend I was totally impressed with the work he has put into this website. Tons of information of the Rockabilly scene worldwide! We recommend it highly! It's free and all the work he has put into his site should receive total recognition. Come Check it out!!! http://www.cattytown.com
Remembering a DJ Icon -- Porky Chedwick.
Last newsletter we mentioned that we had lost a DJ Icon in American Broadcasting - Mr. Porky Chedwick but you can remember his legacy in a nostalgic way, We have in our inventory 2 broadcasts from Porky.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from April 8, 2014 to
April 14, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Mike Ligueri -- Buellton, California USA Eamonn Doyle -- Ireland Ken Towers -- United Kingdom
And 16 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 58 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,763 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 4/13/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 3. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 4. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 5. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 6. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 7. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 8. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 9. RIR #359 -- Gus Gossert Oldies Show WPIX FM New York from 1971 10. RIR #425 -- Real Don Steele - KHJ Los Angeles 7/3/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 4/13/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Brazil +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +0 5. Germany +1 6. France -1 7. Hungary +3 8. Spain -1 9. Australia +0 10. Mexico -3 11. Netherlands +0 12. Sweden +0 13. Japan +0 14. Croatia +2 15. Argentina +2 16. Peru -1 17. Philippines -3 18. Austria +2 19. Colombia +0 20. Russia -2 21. Italy +0 22. Switzerland +0 23. South Africa +3 24. Belgium +0 25. Ireland +0 26. Chile -3 27. Indonesia +15 28. Slovakia +5 29. Poland -2 30. Finland -2 31. Thailand -2 32. New Zealand +3 33. Norway -1 34. Greece +0 35. India -4 36. China +2 37. Saudi Arabia -1 38. Guatemala +3 39. Denmark +0 40. Dominican Republic -10 41. Czech Republic -5 42. Malaysia +1 43. Serbia +1 44. Turkey +4 45. Paraguay -3 46. Portugal -1 47. Morocco +4 48. Romania -4 49. Honduras +6 50. Bolivia +1
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. New York +0 5. New Jersey +1 7. Ohio +1 8. Washington -2 9. Massachusetts +0 10. Illinois +0 11. North Carolina +0 12. Michigan +0 13. Arizona +0 14. Virginia +1 15. Missouri +4 16. Oregon +0 17. Maryland -3 18. Georgia +2 19. Wisconsin -2 20. Alabama -2 21. Colorado +2 22. Indiana -3 23. Tennessee -2 24. Connecticut +0 25. Kansas +1 26. Kentucky -1 27. Minnesota +0 28. Rhode Island +2 29. Nevada +2 30. West Virginia -2 31. South Carolina -2 32. Delaware +1 33. Arkansas +2 34. Lousiana -4 35. Iowa -2 36. Oklahoma +4 37. Idaho +4 38. Utah +4 39. New Hampshire -3 40. Montana -3 41. District of Columbia -2 42. New Mexico -4 43. Nebraska +1 44. Maine +2 45. Vermont +0 46. Hawaii -2 47. Mississippi +0 48. Wyoming +0 49. South Dakota +0 50. Alaska +0 51. North Dakota +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!