As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4860 to #4869
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Time is flying by I tell you! It has been another 10 days since our last newsletter. We have another 10 shows though for you here on Rock-it Radio and also with good news for the Doo Wop Lovers as we have expanded our Cool Bobby B Show to be 3 hours long now! And more playlists and news.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4860 WITH MORE FORGOTTEN TOP 40s. This week's Memory Lane Show presents another episode of the popular ongoing series of Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's. Join host Lane Quigley as he returns with a whole bunch of songs that reached the national Top 40 during the Golden Age of Rock & Roll, but have been neglected by the passage of time. The playlist combines artist who only spent a short time in the spotlight (such as Chuck Miller, Earl Grant, The Rockin' Rebels, The Three Chuckles and Carl Dobkins Jr.) to rarely-played hits by well known performers and Rock & Roll Hall of Famers (like Jackie Wilson, Sam Cooke, Ricky Nelson, The Coasters and of course, Elvis). Come take a listen, we think these will trigger some fond memories.
1. The House of Blue Lights - Chuck Miller 1955 #9 2. Wild Weekend - The Rockin' Rebels 1963 #8 SOUND BITE 3. Lucky Devil - Carl Dobkins Jr. 1960 #25 4. Run Red Run - The Coasters 1960 #36 5. I Got a Feelin' - Ricky Nelson 1958 #10 SOUND BITE 6. What Now - Gene Chandler 1964 #40 7. Cousin of Mine - Sam Cooke 1964 #31 8. The Saints Rock & Roll - Bill Haley & The Comets 1956 #18 SOUND BITE 9. We Got Love - Bobby Rydell 1959 #6 10. Don't Mess With Bill - The Marvelettes 1966 #7 11. Somebody Touched Me - Buddy Knox 1958 #22 SOUND BITE 12. Banana Boat (Day-O) - Harry Belafonte 1957 #5 13. Five O'Clock World - The Vogues 1965 #4 14. Kissin' Cousins - Elvis Presley 1964 #12 SOUND BITE 15. Paper Tiger - Sue Thompson 1965 #23 16. C'est Si Bon - Conway Twitty 1961 #22 17. Amor - Ben E. King 1961 #18 SOUND BITE 18. Baby Baby Don't Cry - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles 1969 #8 19. Your One and Only Love - Jackie Wilson 1961 #40 20. Runaround - The Three Chuckles 1954 #20 SOUND BITE 21. The End - Earl Grant 1958 #7 22. I'm Sorry - The Platters 1957 #11
Thanks Lane for another great musical memory of yesteryear. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON VIRGINIA ROCKABILLY ON SHOW #4861
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 16 - ARKANSAS PART 1"
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for another in his series "Regional Round-Up" where a particular State of America is featured with some of the record labels out of that State, the towns and cities where those labels were situated and of course the artists who recorded on them. This show features the State of Arkansas with music from the 1950's and 1960's from right across the board. So climbe aboard The Rocket, sit back, buckle up, and join Spinning Rock Boogie for a musical trip around the State of Arkansas.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Going Strong - Don Head (58) Dub Int - Little Rock 03. Don't Hang Around Me Anymore - Jimmy Ford (59) Stylo - Little Rock 04. Honey Bun - Larry Donn (60) Vaden - Truman 05. I Don't Dig It - Mike McAlister (58) Hob-Nob - Harrison 06. Black Cat's Chasing Me - Little Montie Jones (60) Jemm - Siloam Springs 07. I Don't Want - Benny Ketchum (61) UBC - Fort Smith 08. Teen Town Hop - The Philharmonics (58) Future - Batesville 09. Carolyn - Jim Murray & The Caravans (62) Wham - Jonesboro 10. Big Boss Man - Eddie Bond (64) Tagg - Plainview 11. Black Cadillac - Joyce Green (60) Vaden - Truman 12. Shaky Shaky Shim - Rosalie Long (69) Ro-Ark - Gentry 13. Shake This Town - Tonya Dee & The Dischords (61) UBC - Fort Smith 14. Say You're Mine - Jimmy Bone & The Jokers (61) Grace - Batesville 15. You Make Me Feel Mean - Chuck Brooks (58) Dub Int - Little Rock 16. Be Mine - Jimmie Luke (60) Big C - Little Rock 17. Doll Baby - Johnny Hughes (61) UBC - Fort Smith 18. Everytime I See You - Sylvia Mobley (65) Cotton Town Jubilee - West Memphis 19. Baby What'ya Say - Bill Gentry (67) Universal Artists - Texarkana 20. Poor Ole Me - Teddy Redell (63) Razorback - Newport 21. Black River Baby - Earl Smith (62) Lovelady - Walnut Ridge 22. I Got Love - Sonny Deckleman (59) Van-Deck - Harrisburg 23. Til' I Waltz Again With You - Bill Reeder (61) Voll-Para - Paragould 24. Long Lost John - Kenny Owen (69) Ork - Jonesboro 25. Sally - Jimmy Luke & The C-Riffs (62) Kris - Marianna 26. Surf Twist (instrumental) - Larry Donn (62) Alley - Jonesboro 27. Oakie Boogie - Hank Swatley (59) Aaron - West Memphis 28. Gone Gone Gone Dreams - Bobby Towers (60) Stylo - Little Rock 29. I Can't Sit Still - Misty Bonner (62) Atlanta - Jonesboro 30. The Moon Won't Tell - Jack Reno (60) Eureka - Berryville 31. Joanie - Jimmie Luke (60) Big C - Little Rock 32. Outro - Medley
OK Gang if you want some first time heard Rockabilly that we challenge any other station play these rarities! Check them out you won't be disappointed. If you would like to write to DJ Spinning Rock Boogie you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH WITH THE BLUES POWER HOUR FEATURING ALBERT KING ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4862
This Blues Power Hour is part one of a three part series dedicated to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and Blues legend the late, great Albert King. He was inducted into the Hall in 2013. Albert King is one of the most influential bluesmen in history. He single handedly brought blues into the modern era by combining his direct , urgent Mississippi blues style with contemporary soul rhythms. His guitar style influenced countless blues guitarists who came after him including Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Robert Cray just to name a few. Part one will focus on his break through album 'Born Under A Bad Sign' Recorded on the Stax label in 1966/67 it brought him both national and international fame. The entire album will be played by the time the show ends. As well other examples of his work will be played and recordings by a few blues artists he influenced will be heard as well.
The play list is as follows:
1. Born Under A Bad Sign-Albert King 1967 2. Purple Haze-Jimi Hendrix-1970 3. It Hurts Me Too-Eric Clapton 1994 4. Searching For A Woman-Albert King 1961 5. Won't Be Hangin' Around-Albert King 1961 6. Bad Luck Blues 1953 7. Cross Cut Saw-Albert King 1967 8. Kansas City-Albert King 1967 9. Oh, Pretty Woman 1967 10. Down Don't Bother Me- Albert King 1967 11. Down The Road I Go-Albert King/w John Mayall 1971 12. Pride and Joy-Albert King/w Stevie Ray Vaughn 1983 13. The Hunter-Albert King 1967 14. I Almost Lost My Mind- Albert King 1967 15. Personal Manager-Albert King 1967 16. Laundromat Blues-Albert King 1967 17. As The Years Go Passing -Albert King 1967 18. The Very Thought Of You-Albert King 1967
Thanks Al for another fine feature of Rock on Rock-it Radio. If you have any comments or requests to the Cool Daddy you can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4863
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. I Wonder Why-Dion & The Belmonts (1958) 3. Everyday of the Week-The Students (1958) 4. Rocket to the Moon-The Reflections (1962) 5. May I-Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs (1966) 6. May I-Bill Deal & The Rhondells (1969) 7. Ookey Ook-The Penguins (1955) 8. Row Your Boat-Retrospect (xxxx) 9. Stick With Me Baby-The Paragons (1957) 10. Oh Baby-The Jesters (1958)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Hot Dog Dooly Wah-The Pyramids (1958) 12. Roaches-The Court Jesters (1961)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Runaround-The Regents (1961) 14. Laura My Darling-The Regents (1961) 15. So Tough-The Casuals (1958) 16. Beyond the Sea-The Reveres (1963)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. I Was the One (live)-Elvis Presley & The Jordanaires (1956) 18. Come Back-Randy & The Rainbows (1963) 19. Count Every Star-The Rivieras (1958) 20. Sea of Love-Phil Phillips & The Twilights (1959)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. My Saddest Hour-The Five Keys (1953) 22. Darling Dear-The Counts (mid 1950s) 23. If Teardrops Were Kisses-The Robins (1955) 24. Over a Cup of Coffee-The Castelles (1954) 25. Cherry-The Rivingtons (1963) 26. Most of All-The Ribitones (1979) 27. Shouldn't I Know-The Cardinals (1951)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW DOUBLE FEATURE IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4864
Dave is back this week with more Rockin' Tunes from the 60s. Some are very rare and some are sure to spark a memory!
1. Bullwhip Rock - Cyclones 2. Pushin Too Hard - Seeds 3. Sit Yourself Down - Diplomettes 4. Shake and Fingerpop - Jr. Walker & All Stars 5. My Baby's Got A New Way Of Loving Me - Dan Greer 6. Soothe Me - Sam Cooke 7. What A Groovy Day - Harmony Grass 8. Hello Little Girl - Fourmost 9. It's Alright - Adam Faith 10.Shake and Tail Feather - Mitch Ryder & Detroit Wheels 11. Fortunate Son - Bob Seger & Silver Bullet Band 12. Don't Fight It - Wilson Pickett 13. That's My Girl - Larry O'Williams 14. Little Girl So Fine - Southside Johnny & Asbury Jukes 15. White Ship - Denims 16. She's Not There - Zombies 17. Touch Me With Magic- Traveling Magic 18. We Ain't Got Nothing Yet - Blues Magoos 19. I'm Trying - Johnny Taylor (Discovery of the Week) 21. Swobblin - Les Cooper & the Soul Rockers
Thanks Dave for the great music this week on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Dave and contact him with comments and hellos you can reach him at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY SHOW - SWING MUSIC SPECIAL ON ROCK-IT SHOW #4865
It's Jive time everyone as Jackie Bond from the UK plays some Jivin' great music in show #4865. So, let's all get wild and tune in! Here is the plalist of what you will hear in this show.
1. Play Those Oldies Mr DJ - Anthony and the Sophomores 2. El Camino Real - Lee Dresser and the Krazy Kats 3. Rock This Town - Stray Cats 4. Mornin Noon and Night - Big Joe Turner 5. Hot Chicks and Cool Cats - Eva Eastwood and The Major Keys 6. Deep Sea Ball - Clyde McPhatter 7. Squeeze Box Boogie - Clifton Chenier 8. Sea Cruise - Frankie Ford 9. Happy Birthday Baby - Bill Haley and The Comets 10. This Little Girls Gone Rockin - Ruth Brown 11. Why - The Cues 12. Mais Oui - The King Bros 13. Dont Say Nothin Bad About My Baby - The Cookies 14. Mama Said - The Shirelles 15. Keep A Knockin - Little Richard 16. Shakin Mother For You - Champion Jack Dupree 17. Up To Your Old Tricks Again - The Bellfuries 18. My Pigeons Gone - The 5 Keys 19. Lets Do It - Jimmy McCracklin 20. Carol - Tommy Roe 21. Move Baby Move - Larry Harrison 22. Aint Nobody Here But us Chickens - Louis Jordan 23. High Class Lady - Lennerockers 24. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Thanks Jackie for another great show on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Jackie with any comments, future requests or just to tip your hat and say Hello. You can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4866
We are happy to announce that Cool Bobby B's Doo Wop Stop is now in now a 3 hour show here on Rock-it Radio!
It's time for great sounding Doo Wop! And Cool Bobby B is here to bring it to you! Rock-it Radio is proud to be the premiere internet provider for the Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop. Here is the playlist of this week's show.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (opening theme) 2. Bablu's Wedding Day -- The Eternals 3. More More of your love -- Bob Brady & Concords 4. Lovers never say goodbye -- The Flamingos 5. There's a moon out again -- The Capris 6. Goody Goody -- Frankie Lymon 7. A 1000 miles away -- The Heartbeats 8. Donna the Prima Donna -- Dion 9. Rocket 88 - Jackie Brenston & Delta Cats 10. Streets of the Bronx -- The Earls 11. Shy One -- Linda Carr 12. Kingdom of Love -- The Preludes 13. It's all over now -- Shep & The Limelites 14. Darling I'm Home -- The Mandells 15. Jukebox Saturday night -- Nino & The Ebbtides 16. What little girls dream of -- The Castelles 17. Do you love me -- The Edsels 18. I love you -- The Volumes 19. No One -- The Lions
20. For your Love -- Ed Townsend 21. Since I don't have you -- The Skyliners 22. In the still of the night -- 5 Satins 23. Hearty's Desire -- The Avalons 24. Zing weht the strings -- The Coasters 25. Have I sinned -- Donnie Elbert 26. One little teardrop - George Grant of the Castelles 27. Don't take your love -- The Calvanes 28. Wedding Bells are ringing in my ears -- The Angels 29. Make me glad -- The Kelly Brothers 30. Baby talk -- Jan & Dean 31. You belong to me -- The Duprees 32. Tear Drops -- Lee Andrews & Hearts 33. 16 Candles -- The Crests 34. Over the Rainbow -- The Demensions 35. Who do you thing you are -- The Fascinators 36. There goes my Love -- The Fantastics 37. To Each his own -- 5 Keys
38. 11th hour melody -- The Rivieras 39. Midnight Flyer -- The Rivieras 40. Fools fall in love -- The Drifters 41. I count the tears -- The Drifters 42. What's a matter baby -- Timi Yuro 43. At last -- Etta James 44. Thinking of you -- The Jaguars 45. Missing you -- The Holidays 46. Love you madly -- The Sherwoods 47. Cottage for sale -- Little Willie John 48. I need you so -- The Cruisers 49. Gee, But I'm lonesome -- Ron Holden 50. Stars in your star -- The Channels 51. You'll never walk alone -- The Flamingos 52. Florence -- The Paragons 53. Rip Van Winkle -- The Devotions 54. There's no one but you -- The Strollers 55. Silver Bells -- The Zircons 56. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4867
Papa Walt is back again with another set of oldies this week covering lots of mid 60s oldies. The Oldies Show is celebrating the onset of Spring by rolling out a potpourri of Papa Walt's favorite oldies.
PLAYLIST - Papa Walt's Oldies Show (#5) - 2014 Spring Potpourri
1. Spring Collection - The Vapors (1979) 2. Help - The Beatles (1965) 3. Up On the Roof - The Drifters (1963) 4. Needles and Pins - The Searchers (1964) 5. You Don't Own Me - Lesley Gore (1964) 6. Catch Us If You Can - The Dave Clark Five (1965) 7. Rhythm of the Rain - The Cascades (1962) 8. Uptown - The Crystals (1962) 9. I Knew You When - Billy Joe Royal (1965) 10. Chip Chip - Gene McDaniels (1962) 11. Unchain My Heart - Ray Charles (1961) 12. Lies - The Knickerbockers (1966) 13. Your Song - Elton John (1970) 14. Please Please Me - The Beatles (1963) 15. Drift Away - Dobie Gray (1973) 16. Let Me In - The Sensations (1961) 17. How Can I Be Sure - The Young Rascals (1967) 18. California Sun - The Rivieras (1964) 19. On Broadway - The Drifters (1963) 20. Turn Turn Turn - The Byrds (1965) 21. Suspicion - Terry Stafford (1964) 22. Let's Twist Again - Chubby Checker (1961) 23. Bless You - Tony Orlando (1961) 24. Play With Fire - The Rolling Stones (1965) 25. What I Like About You - The Romantics (1980) 26. Mecca - Gene Pitney (1963) 27. Sealed With a Kiss - Brian Hyland (1962)
Thank you Papa Walt for another great oldies show here on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Walt with any future dedications, or comments or would just like to say Hello! You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4868 ALL VINYL SPECIAL!
Earlier this year, The Memory Lane Show presented a program featuring nothing but rare 45s from the collection of host Lane Quigley. We were delighted with the great response that show generated at Rock-it Radio, and so this week Lane again ventures into his Vinyl Resting Place to dust off another stack of 45 RPMs (and a couple of album cuts), fire up both of his turntables (nicknamed "The Ike & Tina Turntables") and deliver 22 hot sides. If you don't mind a few clicks, hisses, pops and crackles, check out this cool program.
1. Over and Over - Thurston Harris 1958 2. Be My Girl - The Four Evers 1964 SOUND BITE 3. Mojo Workout - Larry Bright 1960 4. Do You Remember What You Did Last Night? - Nolan Strong & The Diablos 1955 5. Running Out of Fools - Aretha Franklin 1964 6. White Lightning - Gene Vincent 1970 SOUND BITE 7. Seventh Son - Mose Allison 1960 8. Baby Ya Know - The Cadets 1957 9. Mama Look What Your Little Boy's Done - Warren Storm 1958 10. Didn't It Rain - The Evelyn Freeman Singers 1958 SOUND BITE 11. My Name Is Mud - Eddie Rambeau 1965 12. The Itch - Chuck Higgins 1956 13. Mama Me and Johnny Free - Carmen Taylor 1953 SOUND BITES 14. Some Like It Hot - Sammy Masters 1956 15. Charlena - The Sevilles 1961 16. Am I Blue? - Ricky Nelson 1957 17. Night Theme - Mark II 1960 SOUND BITE 18. Don't Do It - April Stevens 1950 19. Don't You Know - Fats Domino 1955 20. Everything's Gonna Be Alright - Bob B. Soxx & The Blue Jeans 1963 SOUND BITE 21. Eternally - The Twilighters 1955 22. She Had Me Reelin' - Sonny Knight 1961 23. Just a Game - Buddy Gibson & The Vanguards 1959 24. Here At My Phone - Mel Williams 1956
Thanks Lane for another great musical memory of yesteryear. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== ROCKIN DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4869
Rockin' Daddy O is back this week with another rockin' set of Rockabilly music from yesteryear and also out being played by bands today. Here is the playlist of what you will hear when you click to the speaker to show #4869 in our program webpage.
1.Mau Mua-Wailers 2.Twitchy-Rene Hall's Orch 3.Blowin Through Yokohama-Medallions 4.Okie's In The Pokie-Jimmy Patton 5.Rock & Roll Boogie-Bobby Poe 6.Rockin' Jalopy-Alabama Kid 7.Women-That's What's Happening!-Dale Hawkins 8.Five Days, Five Days-Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps 9.Ain't That lovin' You Baby-Dale Hawkins 10.Glad All Over-Carl Perkins 11.If You Can't Rock Me-Strikes 12.Don't Worry Baby-DiMaggio Connection 13.Hearts On Fire-Bloodshots 14.Move Around-Groovey Joe Poovey 15.Apache-Chiefs 16.More Feathers-Fading Tribesmen 17.You Crazy Gal You-Buzz and The Flyers 18.Down the Line-Sean Mencher 19.Movie Magg-High Noon 20.Little Baby Doll-Go Cat Go 21.Uncle John-Wild Child Gipson 22.Easy Rockin'-Eddie Lang 23.Boogie At Midnight-Boyd Bennett & His Rockets 24.Catfish Boogie-Tennessee Ernie
You know Rockin' Daddy O loves to get his e mail from listeners. Future requests either Rockabilly for the Rockabilly Ranch Party show or for the Doo Wop Lovers you can get a request in for his Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party show here on Rock-it Radio. Or would just like to say hello you can reach him at: email@example.com ============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to have along with a
mailing address and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of
saying Thank you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we
will have August drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
TRIBUTE TO THE CLASS OF 1964 IS COMING IN MAY
Every year Rock-it Radio's Program Director Lane Quigley does a tribute to a 50 year Class Reunion. Well this year it will of course feature the Class of 1964! But this year it is going to be a special one and will air in April and May as a 4 or 5 part special! All the big and not so big hits from 1964! Keen an eye out for it and make sure to tell your friends as well. It was originally planned to be released in April but we fell a bit behind but will be airing in the first week of May.
COOL NEW ROCKABILLY INTERACTIVE SITE FROM IRELAND CHECK OUT CATTYTOWN.COM ! A couple of week's ago a rockabilly cat by the name of Eamonn Doyle contacted me and asked me if I would like Rock-it Radio listed in Catty Town? Well we are always out to get extra exposure for the Rock-it! He was kind enough to build us a page on there and this past weekend I was totally impressed with the work he has put into this website. Tons of information of the Rockabilly scene worldwide! We recommend it highly! It's free and all the work he has put into his site should receive total recognition. Come Check it out!!! http://www.cattytown.com
Remembering a DJ Icon -- Porky Chedwick.
Last newsletter we mentioned that we had lost a DJ Icon in American Broadcasting - Mr. Porky Chedwick but you can remember his legacy in a nostalgic way, We have in our inventory 2 broadcasts from Porky.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from April 15, 2014 to
April 24, 2014. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Comley -- Australia Gerard Nakamura -- Mexico Bill Voss -- New Lebanon, Ohio USA Art Adams -- Plainfield, Indiana, USA Bubba Boulton -- Ohio, USA
And 13 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 76 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,839 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 4/24/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 3. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 4. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 5. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 5. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 7. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 8. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/12/1965 9. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 10. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 4/24/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. Brazil +0 3. United Kingdom +0 4. Canada +0 5. Germany +0 6. France +0 7. Hungary +0 8. Australia +1 9. Spain -1 10. Mexico +0 11. Croatia +3 12. Argentina +3 13. Netherlands -2 14. Sweden -2 15. Japan -3 16. Philippines +1 17. Austria +1 18. Italy +3 19. Peru -3 20. Colombia -1 21. Russia -2 22. Switzerland +0 23. South Africa +0 24. Belgium +0 25. Ireland +0 26. Indonesia +1 27. Chile -1 28. Finland +2 29. Poland -1 30. New Zealand +2 31. Thailand +0 32. Slovakia -4 33. Greece +1 34. China +2 35. India +0 36. Norway -3 37. Czech Republic +4 38. Guatemala +0 39. Saudi Arabia -2 40. Dominican Republic +0 41. Turkey +3 42. Paraguay +3 43. Denmark -4 44. Portugal +2 45. Bolivia +5 46. Malaysia -5 47. Costa Rica +13 48. Romania +0 49. Honduras +0 50. Israel +5
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Pennsylvania +1 3. Florida -1 4. New York +0 5. Texas +1 6. New Jersey -1 7. Washington +1 8. Ohio -2 9. Massachusetts +0 10. Illinois +0 11. North Carolina +0 12. Michigan +0 13. Arizona +0 14. Missouri +1 15. Virginia -1 16. Wisconsin +3 17. Georgia +1 18. Oregon -2 19. Tennessee +4 20. Maryland -3 21. Alabama -1 22. Colorado -1 23. Indiana -1 24. Connecticut +0 25. Kentucky +1 26. Kansas -1 27. Minnesota +0 28. Rhode Island +0 29. South Carolina +2 30. Nevada -1 31. West Virginia -1 32. Delaware +0 33. Louisiana +1 34. Arkansas -1 35. Oklahoma +1 36. Iowa -1 37. Idaho +0 38. Utah +0 39. New Hampshire +0 40. New Mexico +2 41. District of Columbia +0 42. Nebraska +1 43. Missisippi +4 44. Montana -4 45. Maine -1 46. Vermont -1 47. Wyoming +1 48. Hawaii -3 49. South Dakota +0 50. North Dakota +1 51. Alaska -1
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!