As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4908 to #4917
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Ten more shows this past week as Spring has for sure Sprung up here in the Northwest. Beautiful Spring weather here and hope you are having wonderful weather as well. Also, make sure to check out our giveaways, not only do we have the drawings for our Listener Club members, it's the end of the month and we have our End of the Month drawing for those that had purchased this past month from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
PART IV OF LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW 5O YEAR CLASS REUNION WITH THE MUSIC OF 1964 IN SHOW #4908 Since the first Memory Lane Show Class Reunion Program was aired in spring 2003, this series has become a popular annual event on Rock-it Radio This year's four-part, five hour presentation has provided a great flashback to the songs and stories from springtime 1964. Join host Lane Quigley for the fourth and final episode of this year's 50 Year Reunion Program on Rock-it Radio. This week's show completes our month-long look at the music, news and pop culture that provided the soundtrack to the graduates of the Class of 1964. Even if you missed the first three episodes, you won't want to miss this one. Happy 50 Year Reunion to the Class of '64!!
1. (Just Like) Romeo & Juliet - The Reflections 2. Ain't That Good News - Sam Cooke 3. Rag Doll - The Four Seasons 4. Ain't Nothin' You Can Do - Bobby Bland 5. Chapel of Love - The Dixie Cups 6. Somewhere - The Tymes 7. Daisy Petal Pickin' - Jimmy Gilmer & The Fireballs 8. Where Did I Go Wrong? - Dee Dee Sharp 9. Talkin' 'Bout My Baby - The Impressions 10. It Won't Be Long - The Beatles 11. See The Funny Little Clown - Bobby Goldsboro 12. 442 Glenwood Avenue - The Pixies Three 13. Nadine - Chuck Berry 14. Come On - Tommy Roe 15. Live Wire - Martha & The Vandellas 16. Rock Me Baby - B.B. King 17. Walk On By - Dionne Warwick 18. Giving Up On Love - Jerry Butler 19. Ebb Tide - Lenny Welch 20. It's Over - Roy Orbison
Another great series from our program director Lane Quigley. We do already have the entire series for sale in our Ebay Store. and their is a article on that further down in the newsletter. But in the mean time Thank you to Lane for this series and if you would like to send comments, hellos or talk about the Music from the Class of 1964 you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW WITH PART II OF 'MY GIRL' IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4909
The Papa Walt's Oldies Show is offering a two-part jamboree of songs that contain one-word titles consisting of girls' names. Sit back and take a ride through four decades of songs about "My Girl."
1. Arizona - Mark Lindsay (1970) 2. Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel (1970) 3. Lilywhite - Cat Stevens (1970) 4. Ariel - Dean Friedman (1977) 5. Shilo - Neil Diamond (1970) 6. Brandy - Looking Glass (1972) 7. Angie - The Rolling Stones (1973) 8. Aubrey - Bread (1972) 9. Amie - Pure Prairie League (1975) 10. Sundown - Gordon Lightfoot (1974) 11. Rolene - Moon Martin (1979) 12. Mandy - Barry Manilow (1974) 13. Rosanna - Toto (1982) 14. Beth - Kiss (1976) 15. Valerie - The Greg Kihn Band (1981) 16. Sara - Starship (1986) 17. Amanda - Boston (1986) 18. Jessie - Joshua Kadison (1993)
Thanks Walt for another interesting show! We will be broadcasting pt. 2 next week here on Rock-it Radio so keep an eye out for it. If you have any requests, comments or hellos you can contact Walt at: email@example.com
============================================== MATT THE CAT & THE JUKE IN THE BACK IS BACK! PART III OF NEW ORLEANS R&B IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4910
New Orleans R&B, Pt. 3
This week, it's part 3 of Juke In The Back's 3 part series on the great, influential and infectious music that came out of New Orleans, one of America's most fertile musical cities. In fact, the Crescent City' is often cited as the birth place of Jazz, The Blues, R&B and Rock n Roll. While New Orleans certainly had its share of influential talent, from Louis Armstrong and Paul Gayten to Fats Domino and Dr. John, it's hard to give one single region all the credit. The music that flowed from this fruitful ground is definitely something special and on part 3, Matt The Cat will look at New Orleans R&B from 1955 to 1957, highlighting records by Fats Domino, Dave Bartholomew, Eddie Bo, Huey Piano Smith, Smiley Lewis, Annie Laurie and many more. So get ready for some real jumpin' musical jambalaya on your source for vintage Rhythm & Blues on the Juke In The Back.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons Mercury 1947 2. Those Lonely Lonely Nights - Earl King Ace 1955 3. Poor Me - Fats Domino Imperial 1955 4. Later, Alligator - Bobby Charles Chess 1955 5. So Glad She's Mine - Charles 'Hungry' Williams w/ Paul Gayten Orch. Checker 1956 6. Try Rock n' Roll - Bobby Mitchell Imperial 1956 7. Long Tall Sally - Little Richard Specialty 1956 8. Little Liza Jane - Huey Smith & His Rhythm Aces Ace 1956 9. Cotton Picking Hands - The Dukes Imperial 1956 10. Rockin' At Cosimo's - Lee Allen & Band Aladdin 1956 11. Blueberry Hill - Fats Domino Imperial 1956 12. Ain't Got No Home - Clarence Henry 'Frog Man' Argo 1956 13. Hey Bo - Eddie Bo Apollo 1956 ** GREAT 78 ** 14. It Hurts To Be In Love - Annie Laurie DeLuxe 1957 15. The Monkey - Dave Bartholomew Imperial 1957 16. Rockin' Pneumonia And The Boogie Woogie Flu - Part 1 and 2 - Huey Smith & The Clowns Ace 1957 17. Let The Four Winds Blow - Roy Brown Imperial 1957 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins Bluebird 1946
Thanks Matt and glad to see your new studio is up and running! And we are able to play your shows once again. Also, you can now spend the night with Matt! It's true! He now has a bed and breakfast in historical Salem, Massachusetts. Check it out! Their is a link in his section of our DJ page. If you would like to write to Matt you can write to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== AL COOL DADDY SMITH ON BOOGIE WOOGIE PART I ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4911
From Studio C in Brampton, Ontario Canada Al Cool Daddy Smith begins a 4 part series on the history and makings and the music that is 'Boogie Woogie'
Boogie Woogie was born in North East Texas after the Civil War when large numbers of ex slaves were recruited to work in lumber camps, turpentine camps as well as build the railroads that would transport these products out of North East Texas. On weekends these labourers craved entertainment and found it in the barrel houses that were in these camps. Piano music provided the background for dancing, drinking and debauchery. Itinerant piano players played at these different camps week after week and they arrived there by train.
The play list is as follows:
1. Roll Emâ€™ Pete-Big Joe Turner/w Pete Johnson 1938 2. Guitar Boogie-Arthur Smith 1948 3. Whole Lotta Shakinâ€™ Goinâ€™ On-Jerry Lee Lewis 1957 4.Bass Goinâ€™ Crazy-Albert Ammons 1939 5. Rocket 88-Jackie Brenston and His Delta Cats 1951 6. Pinetopâ€™s Boogie Woogie-Pinetop Smith 1928 7. Honky Tonk Train Blues-Meade Lux Lewis 1930 8. Green Tree Boogie-Bill Haley and His Saddlemen 1951 9. ABC Boogie-Bill Haley and The Comets 1954 10. Death Ray Boogie-Pete Johnson 1939 11. House of Blue Lights-Chuck Miller 1955 12. Guitar Boogie Shuffle-The Virtues 1959 13. Yancey Special-Jimmy Yancey 1939 14. Cow Cow Blues-Cow Cow Davenport 1928 15. Little Richardâ€™s Boogie-Little Richard 1956 16. Little Richard Sound Bite(wherein he explains the importance of Boogie Woogie to Rock and Roll) 17. Lucille-Little Richard 1956 18. The Fat Man-Fats Domino 1950 19. Boogie Woogie-Professor Longhair 1948 20. Jive After Five-Carl Perkins 1958 21. Streamline Train-Cripple Clarence Lofton and Red Nelson 1939 22. Johnny B. Goode-Chuck Berry 1957
Looking forward to more of these Boogie Woogie shows. If you would like to write to Al with any comments etc. you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW FOCUS ON ARIZONA & NEW MEXICO ROCKABILLY ON SHOW #4912 WITH SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE
"REGIONAL ROUND UP PART 19 - ARIZONA & NEW MEXICO PT 1"
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for another show in his Regional Round Up series where he features a particular State of America with some of the record labels from out of that State, the town and cities where those labels were situated, and of course the artists who recorded on them. With this show you get two for the price of one as the featured States are, Arizona and New Mexico, with music from across the board from the 1950's and 1960's including the regular feature, The Smooch Spot. So let's strap ourselves aboard the Rock-it and fly off for a musical trip to Arizona and New Mexico.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Fade Away - Frank Hudson (68) Red Feather - Albuquerque - New Mexico 03. Boppin' Blue Jeans - The Leonard Brothers (58) Viv - Phoenix - Arizona 04. T For Thelma - Joe D. Johnson (63) Acame - Buckey - Arizona 05. Rock-Ola Ruby - Sonny West (56) Nor-Va-Jak - Clovis - New Mexico 06. Rock 'n' Roll Blues - Diana & Pat (62) Gay - Glendale - Arizona 07. Lazy Daisy - Bobby Boston (59) Star-Win - Scottsdale - Arizona 08. Scandal (instrumental) - King Rock & The Knights (59) Zoom - Tucson - Arizona 09. Black Cadillac - Sonny Wallace (60) Yucca - Alamogordo - New Mexico 10. There Goes My Heart - Randy Stevens (58) Porter - Phoenix - Arizona 11. Rhythm Rock - Bobby & The Rhythm Rockers (63) El Dorado - Mesa - Arizona 12. King Fool - Jack Lane (61) Yolo - Phoenix - Arizona 13. Ooby Dooby - The Teen Kings (56) Je-Wel - Albuquerque - New Mexico 14. Romp And Stomp - Billy Barnett + Keith Kolby & The Desert Sons (56) Double B - Wickenburg - Arizona 15. Your Reason - The Tads (56) Liberty Bell - Phoenix - Arizona 16. I Feel The Blues Coming On - Loy Clingman (62) Elko - Phoenix - Arizona 17. Cherie Marie - Benny Banta (59) Viv - Phoenix - Arizona 18. Believe Me - Jack Huddle (58) Petsy - Clovis - New Mexico 19. A Tear Has Taken Your Place - Frank Fafara (61) Mascot - Phoenix - Arizona 20. Ballin' Keen - Sandy Lee (59) Santa Fe - Albuquerque - New Mexico 21. My Night Off - Glen Pace & The Starlites (58) Satellite - Clovis - New Mexico 22. Long Grey Highway - Frank Thayer & The Lyonals (61) Outlaw - University Park - New Mexico 23. Cryin' All Night - The Nightbeats (59) Zoom - Tucson - Arizona 24. Now That I Have You - Mickey Gilley (63) Supreme - Clovis - New Mexico 25. Mean And Cruel - Murle Richardson (61) Caron - Clovis - New Mexico 26. Doin' My Time - Jeff Johnson & The Lonely Ones (62) Reneek - Tucson - Arizona 27. Welcome To My World - Sonny Freeze (60's) Aquarius - Belen - New Mexico 28. Swamp Hop - Bob Buster (62) Darsa - Roswell - New Mexico 29. Let's Go Wild - Alvie Self (60) Don Ray - Phoenix - Arizona 30. Betty Jean - Skip & Flip (58) Rev - Phoenix - Arizona 31. Dig That Ford - Doug Harden (56) Hummingbird - Phoenix - Arizona 32. Outro - Medley
Thank you DJ Spinning Rock for another in depth look at regional Rockabilly releases. If you have any request or comments to DJ Spinning Rock Boogie you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4913
For our lovers of rare vinyl and 60s Rock and Roll Dave the Rave returns this week on the Relics and Rarities show. Here is this week's playlist.
1. 77 Sunset Strip - Don Ralke 2. Hang Up My Rock & Roll Shoes - Chuck Willis 3. I'm Not Ashamed - Margo White 4. My Way - Eddie Cochran 5. No More - Lowell Fulsom 6. It's Not Fair - Unrelated Segments 7. I Got The Feeling - Neil Diamond 8. Action Speaks Louder Than Words - Tidal Waves 9. Signed. Sealed, and Delivered - Stevie Wonder 10. The Breakup - Sam and Sue 11. The Best Part Of Breaking Up - Ronettes 12. I'll Never Forget You - OJay's 13. No Cheating - Donnie Sutherland & The Titans 14. Get Down With It - Wayne Cochran & CC Riders 15. Tell Him Tonight - Rudolph Taylor 16. Whispers - Jackie Wilson 17. I Can't Wait To Love You - Jan & Dean 18. Please Don't Ever Leave Me - Cyrkle 19. Try It - Ohio Express 20. Come On Back - Jimmy London (Discovery of the Week)
Do you have a request you would like to hear on Dave's show? I bet he has it! If it was released in the 60s! You can reach him at: email@example.com Please also make sure to let him know you heard him over Rock-it Radio!
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4914
Rockin' Daddy O has once again returned to the mighty Rock-it! This time with some great uptempo doo wop for you! If you need a spring in your step! Rockin' Daddy O can create it with his shows. Come tune in by just going to our program webpage and click to the speaker next to show #4914. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Never Let You Go-Five Discs 2. Rock And Roll Baby-Chorals 3. Rock N Roll's For Me-El Dorados 4. Poly Molly-Five Masks 5. She's Mine-Guytones 6. Pearl-Schoolboys 7. Save Your Love-James Mask 8. I Do Love You-Ikettes 9. Doctor Velvet-Nick Curran & The Nitelifes 10. I Wish Someone Would Care-Gizzelle 11. Peter Pumpkin Eater-Troupers 12. My Jelly Bean-Bobby And The Consoles 13. Hasten Jason-Singing Roulettes 14 .Crawfishin'-Clarence Garlow 15. Bambalam-DuDroppers 16. Baby You Know You're Wrong-Dappers 17. My Heart's Desire-Wheels 18. Moments Like This-Baltineers 19. Darling How Long-Heartbeats 20. That's My Desire-Channels 21. Beneath The Sun-Equallos 22. Daddy's Gonna Tell You No Lie-Cosmic Rays 23. Elephant Walk-Don & The Delights 24. Let's Start All Over Again-Paragons 25. So Long-Fats Domino
Do you have a future request for Rockin' Daddy O? Or would just like to say Hello? Or a dedication? You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== THE LOST SHOWS - STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4915
About a year ago Steve Propes Rock and Roll Author and expert and DJ who produced his shows out of WPMD in Cerritos, California - The Station stopped broadcasting and Steve lost his studios to produce his shows. But his last 50 shows still had not aired on Rock-it Radio. In the move from California to Idaho these shows have been shuffled around. But they have been rediscovered and features Steve Propes at this best with interviews of the R&B and Rock Scene of the 50s and 60s and him playing from the original vinyl from his collection of that era. We don't have a playlist of these shows but we are airing these last 50 or so shows for the next few months. So, come on in and tune in!
If you have a recording studio in the Long Beach, California area perhaps you could make a deal with Steve to where he can produce these shows once again. Or if you have any comments for Steve you can contact him at: email@example.com
====================================================== TREVOR HYLAND AND THE ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ROCKABILLY SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4916
Trevor is back this week with another great show of Rockin' Rockabilly here on Rock-it Radio from around the globe. Here is this week's shows playlist.
Sun Connections 1. Long Blonde Hair - Johnny Powers ( Johnny Powers intro ) 2. Big Black Cadillac - Sonny Burgess 3. Rockin' Little Angel - Ray Smith 4.Rockin' My Life Away - Jerry Lee Lewis 5.Got Love If You Want It - Warren Smith 6.Come On Little Mamma - Hayden Thompson 7. Knocking On The Backside - Teddy Redell
Comedy Spot 8.Salute - Jimmy Tennett ( 1960 )
U.S.A. 9. Cast Iron Arm - Truly Lover Trio ( Marcel intro ) 10. Honey Hush - Truly Lover Trio ( Marcel intro ) 11. Queen Of Hearts - Truly Lover Trio 12. All American Boy - Bill Parsons ( Bobby Bare ) 13. Return Of The All American Boy - Billy Adams 14. Sweet Suzie - Johnny Burnette
Horror Spot 15. Were Wolf - Carl Bonafede.
Aussie & New Zealand 16. Shape I'm In - Malcolm Arthur ( Bob " King " Crawford intro ) 17. Homage - Malcolm Arthur ( Malcolm Arthur intro ). 18.Tear It Up - The Sacred Hearts ( Wiggles members ) 19. Lawdy Miss Clwdy - Johnny Devlin ( Johnny Devlin & Phillip Warren intro ) 20. Move Around - The Dragstrip Trio
Outer Space Spot 21. Rock On The Moon - Jimmy Stewart
Europe 22. Jet Black Machine - Vince Taylor 23. Brand New Cadillac - Vince Taylor 24. A Tribute To Buddy Holly - Mike Berry ( Mike Berry intro ) 25. Breathless - Mike Berry ( Mike Berry intro )
Trevor loves his e mail down there in Bendigo, Victoria Australia so if you want to write to him with future rockabilly requests, comments or just to say Hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND THE LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4917
From across the Pond in the UK - Jackie Bond is back with another hour of old and new Rockabilly. If you love Rockabilly you should definetly catch this show! By just clicking to the speaker on our program webpage of show #3261. Here is the playlist of the show.
1. Mixed up - Thunderbirds Opener 2. Jack The Cat - Jackie Lee Cochrane (Intro) 3. Rockin' on a UFO - Billy Lee Riley 4. Boogie Woogie Cajun Girl - Orville Nash 5. I'm Movin' On - Bobby Lowell 6. I Want My Baby - Match Billy/Starfires 7. Gonna Get Back Home Somehow - The Taildraggers 8. Whole Lotta Shakin' - Prentice Thomas/The Broken hearts 9. Boogie Woogie Bill - Billy Joe Tucker 10. Hot Dog - Buck Owens 11. Bottle To The Baby - Charlie Feathers 12. Train Kept a Rollin' - Johnny Burnette/Rock and Roll Trio 13. Bird Dog - Don Woody 14. Midnite Shift - Buddy Holly 15. Honey Bop - Wanda Jackson 16. When Kitty Rocks The Cradle - Bop Shack Stompers 17. Love Crazy Baby - Kenneth Parchman 18. Dan O'Dell - The Jets 19. Watch Your Mouth - Troyce Key 20. Rock a Billy Earthquake - Shakin' Stevens/Sunsets 21. Down On The Farm - Al Downing 22. Boppin' High School Baby - Don Willis 23. Sunglasses After Dark - Dwight Whitey Pullen 24. Oakies In The Pokie - Jimmy Patton 25. Right Behind You Baby - Ray Smith 26. Daisy Belle - Andy Ditto 27. Waiting In School - Ricky Nelson 28. Red Headed Woman - Sonny Burgess 29. Goodnite My Love - Jesse Belvin
Jackie loves his e mail! So if you would like to write him with a Rockabilly Request or just to say hello! You can reach him at JackieBond@rockitradio.net
====================================================== LOST PLAYLIST PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4903
Last week we didn't have the playlist to show #4903 for our newsletter ... but we have it now and it is still online!
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Foot Stomping-The Flares (1961) 3. Gee-The Crows (1954) 4. She Don't Run Around-The El Dorados (circa 1955) 5. Don't Be a Fool-The Explorers (1960) 6. Paradise Hill-The Embers (1954) 7. Pretty Little Girl-The Dreamlovers (1963) 8. School is Over-The Crystallairs (from Germany) (1990) 9. Teardrops Follow Me-The Del-Satins (1962) 10. My Babe-Ron Holden & The Thunderbirds (1960)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Yogi-The Ivy Three (1961) 12. A Lover's Concerto-Mrs. Miller (mid 1960s)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Sister Sooky-The Turbans (1957) 14. I Was Wrong-The Moonglows (1954) 15. Blue Angel-Roy Orbison (1960) 16. The Bells-The Markees (1955)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Sugar Baby Love-The Rubettes (1974) 18. Winner Take All-The Platters (1956) 19. The Kind of Boy You Canâ€™t Forget-The Raindrops (1963) 20. Pretty, Pretty Girl-The Timetones (1961)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Summer's Love-Richard Barrett & The Chantels (1959 or â€™58) 22. The Shrine of St. Cecelia-The Harptones (1957)
23. Leona-Lee Andrews & The Hearts (1955) 24. These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You)-The Dominoes (1953) 25. Since I Met You Baby-Ivory Joe Hunter (1956) 26. Let Them Love-The Dreamlovers (1961)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== BUT WHERE IS COOL BOBBY B ????
Sorry gang no Cool Bobby B show this week on Rock-it Radio. Not sure what happened but we never received the show from the producers this week. Hopefully will be back next week though!
============================================== COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A LIKE FROM YOU!
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
and let me know what you would like to have along with a mailing address
and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank
you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have August
drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
NEW WEBSITE AND GIVEAWAYS ANNOUNCED FOR ROCK-IT RADIO. We have set up a new website to see what the benefits are to join the Rock-it Radio Listener's Club. And to commemorate our 19th Year this month of the beginning of Rock-it Radio. With every newsletter we will be announching Listener
Club winners to win vintage Rock and Roll Radio shows or Rock-it Radio
shows on CD. The Listener's choice. Each week we will draw the names
of one new member from that week, andtwo other Listener Club members to
win our drawings.
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW 4 CD SET OF THE CLASS OF 1964 HIGH SCHOOL REUNION IS NOW AVAILABLE IN ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE New Release!!!! Lane Quigley & The Memory Lane Show and the Class of 1964 50 year Class Reunion Music Memory Set. 4 CD's!!!
Get the set before it is even aired on Rock-it Radio - Now in our Ebay Store.
COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA What
is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually
collected by Radio fans. Come check out our webpage on collecting
ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER CLUB WEEKLY DRAWING GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 5/31/2014 It's
time once again for the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club members drawing
our way to say thanks to our Rock-it Radio Listener Club members. The
following members have either won a Rock-it Radio show of their choice
or a vintage Rock & Roll Radio Show from the 50s to the 70s in the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. So insert Drumroll !!!!!
Our New Listener Club Member Giveaway Winner is:
Johnny Clark -- Reno, Nevada USA
Winners this week of theListener Club Member Giveaways are:
Dave Combes - Meridian, Idaho USA Tony Rowley - Carrick Fergus, United Kingdom John Cooper - Lebanon, Pennsylvania USA If you are one of those people for this week's winners You have 7 days from the Newsletter release date to get back to us at Rock-it Radio at the e mail address of: firstname.lastname@example.org In the Subject line write -- "I am a Winner" and let us know what you would like to have as a gift from Rock-it Radio. Either a vintage radio broadcast from our Launching Pad - Go ahead and shop and let us know at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
or if you would prefer a Rock-it Radio Show on CD let us know the
Show # of the show and we can do that too! Please also in your e mail
to us provide a mailing address as well to send these new shows off to.
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 31 May, 2014 This week in our archives page at:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it
Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching
Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from May 25, 2014 to
May 31, 2014. We hope
that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists and
information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Johnny Clark -- Reno, Nevada USA Marlon Hooker -- Rancho Cucamonga, California USA Edward Lewis -- Tucson, Arizona USA Edward Miles -- Charlotte, North Carolina USA
And 36 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 80 !!! new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 71,643 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to
order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our on archives
webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within
24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older shows that
you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it Radio blog
site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
Then you may either pay by check or money
order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50 U.S. each and are
studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at the
Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50
U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide,
overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where
to send payment is at our webpage:
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or
shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep these oldies alive
and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO STAFF NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 5/31/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 3. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 4. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974 5. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 6. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 7. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/2/1965 8. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 9. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 10.RIR #567 -- Kenny & Cash Show Capital Radio London w/ Paul & Linda McCarthy 1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 5/31/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Brazil +0 4. Canada +0 5. France +0 6. Croatia +0 7. Germany +0 8. Spain +0 9. Japan +2 10. Netherlands +4 11. Hunary -2 12. Australia -2 13. Argentina -1 14. Mexico -1 15. Italy +0 16. Ireland +0 17. Belgium +2 18. Sweden -1 19. Philippines -1 20. Russia +0 21. Peru +0 22. Switzerland +3 23. Colombia -1 24. Chile +0 25. Greece +1 26. Austria -3 27. Norway +1 28. South Africa -1 29. Finland +0 30. Dominican Republic +0 31. Slovakia +3 32. Thailand -1 33. Portugal -1 34. Guatemala +7 35. Poland +2 36. Saudi Arabia +6 37. Indonesia -3 38. India +0 39. Czech Republic +0 40. New Zealand -5 41. Bolivia +1 42. Bulgaria +2 43. Romania -3 44. United Arab Emirates +8 45. Barbados +12 46. Malaysia +0 47. Costa Rica +3 48. Belarus +0 49. Israel -6 50. Panama +4
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New Jersey +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. New York +0 6. Texas +0 7. Washington +0 8. Ohio +0 9. Massachusetts +0 10. North Carolina +0 11. Illinois +0 12. Virginia +2 13. Michigan -1 14. Arizona -1 15. Missouri +2 16. Colorado +2 17. Georgia +2 18. Wisconsin -3 19. Maryland -3 20. Oregon +1 21. Indiana +1 22. Tennessee -2 23. Connecticut +1 24. Alabama -1 25. Kentucky +0 26. Rhode Island +0 27. Kansas +1 28. Arkansas +1 29. South Carolina -2 30. Minnesota +1 31. Idaho +1 32. Nevada +2 33. Delaware -2 34. Oklahoma -2 35. Louisiana +1 36. West Virginia -1 37. Iowa +0 38. New Mexico +0 39. Nebraska +1 40. Utah +1 41. New Hampshire +4 42. District of Columbia +4 43. Wyoming -3 44. Mississippi +0 45. Maine -5 46. Hawaii -4 47. Montana +0 48. South Dakota +1 49. Vermont -1 50. North Dakota +0 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!