Hi Rock-it Radio Listeners,
Well took me a bit to get this newsletter out
and had a bit of a lull in programming as I
came down with pneumonia early in May and worsened.
that pretty much didn't have me doing much of anything
but we are back and raring to go with
playlists for shows #5665 to #5680 17 total!
A New Rock-it Radio Flashdrive becomes available with
over 80 hours of Rock-it Radio Oldies!
We also have our drawing for those that bought products
from us in May and a new June giveaway along with a
FREE Rock-it Radio T shirt announcement.
Our shows can be heard in our archives page at:
and click to the speaker on the left to hear the show.
Remember if you are new to Internet Radio and having trouble tuning in though --
Check out our webpage to help you out at:
REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To
be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time.
For complete information check out our program
ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio
quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we
can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like
to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are
broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker
at our program page at:
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a
show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as
|WE COULD USE YOUR SUPPORT|
Rock-it Radio is 100% Publicly supported. But when you
donate to the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad - we give you
a vintage broadcast of your choice.
100% of all sales from the Rock-it Radio Store (Launching
Pad) goes back to pay copyright fees, LLC taxes, Internet
and bandwidth costs of Rock-it Radio. Without your support
we would not exist. So. please consider a purchase at:
NOTE: ALL SHOWS BELOW CAN BE FOUND IN OUR
PROGRAM WEBPAGE -
TO TUNE IN CLICK TO SPEAKER OF THE SHOW YOU WANT
TO LISTEN TO. EITHER MP3 OR REAL PLAYER.
BOTH FORMATS ARE SUPPORTED.
OTTO FUCHS ROCKIN THE JOINT SHOW ON ROCK-IT
It's a great mix of 50s Rock and Rockabilly from
Otto's Studio in Baden, Austria with the following
Rockers on the playlist of this show.
1. Stockings & Shoes - Eddie Cochran
2. Red Bluejeans And A Ponytail - Gene Vincent
3. Treat Me Nice - Elvis Presley
4. Poor Little Fool - Ricky Nelson
5. Blue Jean Heart - Mac Curtis
6. Glad All Over - Carl Perkins
7. Sugartime - Johnny Cash
8. Blue Bayou - Roy Orbison
9. Don´t Be Cruel - Jerry Lee Lewis
10. Where Were You On Your Wedding Day - Lloyd Price
11. School Days - Chuck Berry
12. Long Tall Sally - Little Richard
13. All Of My Life - Sam Cooke
14. That´s Life (That´s Tough) - Gabriel & The Angels
15. A Teenager´s Dream - Johnny Madera
16. Love Isn´t Like That - Ral Donner
17. I´d Never Find Another You - Billy Fury
18. A Picture Of You - Joe Brown
19. You Don´t Know - Helen Shapiro
20. Ginny Come Lately - Brian Hyland
21. Fallin´ In Love With You - Cliff Richard
22. Oh Carol / Calendar Girl - Neil Sedaka
23. A Lover´s Questin - Johnny Burnette
24. Long Before - Fabian
25. Hearts Made Of Stone - Rudy Grayzell
26. Don´t You Remember - The Sha Na Na
JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL OLDIES SHOW
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5666
From the UK Jackie is back this week with another
great set of oldies Rock and Roll from the 50s and
early 60s here is the playlist of the show.
1. Little Miss USA - Barry Mann
2. Say Yeah - Sammy Salvo
3. Friction Heat - Bonnie Lou
4. Nau Ninny Nau - Cannibal and The Headhunters
5. Ding Dong Darling - Carter Rays
6. Hollywood - Connie Francis
7. Mine All Mine - Bobbie Smith and The Dream Girls
8. Maybe I Was Dreaming - Candy Williams
9. Beatnick Baby - The Bee Hives
10. Truck and Trailer - The Flares
11. One Night One Night - The Skyliners
12. Lovers Island - The Blue Jays
13. Bingo - The Turbans
14. Eat Your Heart Out Annie - The Avengers
15. Dynamo - The Beppy Dany Boogie Band (Italy)
16. Big Talk - Jackson Sloan and The Rhythmtones
17. I Ain't For It - Dion
18. Tennessee Saturday Night - Jack Scott
19. Put Me To Bed - Johnny Bond
20. Pinball Boogie - Red Foley
21. Good Rockin' Daddy - Etta James
22. Three Cool Cats - The Coasters
23. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW
JUKEBOX RHYTHM REVIEW 1946 SHOW #5667
The Five Keys, Pt. 1 1951-54
The Five Keys were undoubtedly one of the finest vocal
groups of both the R&B and Rock n Roll eras. They didn't
score as many hits as say the Dominoes or the Clovers,
but like The Orioles and The Ravens before them, they
were highly influential to other vocal groups of the day.
One of the 5 Keys to their unique sound was their use of
Ripley Ingram as an octave tenor. He sang a half note
above the rest and could move in and out and dance around
the musical arrangements. Rudy West and his beautiful
tenor were featured on many of the Keys ballads, including
their 1951 R&B chart-topper, "The Glory Of Love."
Maryland Pierce was more of a blues shouter and Dickie Smith
gave the group a solid R&B edge. Rafael Ingram sang baritone/tenor
and Rudy's brother, Bernie West, sang bass. In part 1,
Matt The Cat focuses on The Five Keysâ€™ early years on
Aladdin Records, where they would only have one chart entry,
"The Glory of Love" but have so many classic recordings. Next
week in part 2, their hit-making years on Capitol Records will
be featured. At Capitol, they would not only score 6 R&B hits,
but also crossover for 4 Pop Chart entries. The Five Keys are
lighting up the jukebox for the next 2 weeks, right here on the
"Juke in the Back Show".
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons â€" Mercury 1947
2. Too Late - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1951
3. Hucklebuck With Jimmy - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1951
4. Glory Of Love - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1951
5. Old MacDonald - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1951
6. Yes Sir, That's My Baby - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1952
7. Red Sails In The Sunset - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1952
8. How Long - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1952
9. Hold Me - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1952
10. Can't Keep From Crying - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1953
11. Mama (Your Daughter Told A Lie On Me) - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1953
12. GREAT 78 â€" Oh! Babe! - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1953
13. Iâ€™m So High - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1953
14. My Saddest Hour - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1953
15. Someday, Sweetheart - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin 1954
16. Ghost Of A Chance - The Five Keys â€" Aladdin (Never Issued) 1952
17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins â€" Bluebird 1946
BILLY VERA'S ROCK AND ROLL PARTY WITH A SPOTLIGHT
ON 1954 ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5668
From 1990, this episode's in-studio guest was Chris Miller, screenwriter
of Animal House, based on his frat years at Dartmouth. The music is from
1954, just before rock'n'roll kicked in. Aside from great R&B
by Dinah Washington, Jimmy Witherspoon and T-Bone Walker, you'll hear
songs from the new breed artists like Johnny Ace, the Robins and the Spaniels.
Classic songs like "Hearts of Stone" by the Jewels, "Seventh Son"
by Willie Mabon, "W.P.L.J." by the Dueces and "I Almost Lost My Mind"
by the Harptones, not to mention that madman Babs Gonzales reciting his
1. WPLJ - The Four Deuces
2. Blue Flowers - The Strangers
3. Short John - Dinah Washington
4. Riverside Rock - Joe Houston
5. Gloria - The Five Thrills
6. When The Lights Go Out - Jimmy Witherspoon
7. Why Don't You Write Me - The Feathers
8. Hearts of Stone - The Jewels
9. Telephone Blues - Little George Smith
10. Wish Me Well - Memphis Slim.
11. Smoke From Your Cigarette - Lillian Leach & The Mellows
12. Gettingâ€™ High - The Flairs
13. Love Is Just a Gamble - T-Bone Walker
14. One More Time - Buddy & Ella Johnson
15. Christine - The El Reys
16. Cloudburst - Claude Cloud & The Thunderclaps
17. I Almost Lost My Mind - The Harptones
18. Manhattan Fable - Babs Gonzalez
19. When Did You Leave Heaven - Little Jimmy Scott
20. Loop de Loop Mambo - The Robins
21. Newlywed - The Orchids
22. You Said You Loved Me - The Orchids
23. Annie Had a Baby - The Midnighters
24. Annie's Answer - Hazel McCollum & The El Dorados
25. Mama Took The Baby - Lena Gordon with the Sax Kari Orch.
26. My Name Ain't Annie - Linda Hayes
27. Never Let Me Go - Johnny Ace
28. Git It - Paul Gayten
29. Play It Cool - The Spaniels
30. Seventh Son - Willie Mabon
31. Jealous Love - Lula Reed
32. Baby You're Rich - Percy Mayfield & The Maytones (Alternate Take)
33. Dream of a Lifetime - The Flamingos
LANE QUIGLEY MEMORY LANE SHOW - PART 4 OF THE
CLASS OF 1966 TRIBUTE ON SHOW #5669
The party continues with part four of our five week celebration
of the graduating class of 1966. Join host Lane Quigley for
the Memory Lane Show 50 Year Reunion Program, featuring the
music, pop culture and other fun stuff that captured the
attention of the seniors of 1966. Along with the great music,
we'll sprinkle in some commercials and TV themes from the era,
as well as the usual assortment of informative interview clips.
This week's sound bites include Dean Torrence (of Jan & Dean)
recalling the bone-chilling details of how he heard about his
singing partner's horrific car crash; Sam Moore (of Sam & Dave)
with the story behind their breakout hit; Eddie Holman sharing
the sources that inspired him to write his first chart hit;
and much more. Congratulations to the graduates of 1966,
this show is for you!
1. 19th Nervous Breakdown - The Rolling Stones
2. It's Too Late - Bobby Goldsboro
3. The Rains Came - Sir Douglas Quintet
4. Hold On, I'm Coming - Sam & Dave
5. Oh How Happy - The Shades of Blue
6. This Old Heart Of Mine - The Isley Brothers
7. Don't Bring Me Down - The Animals
8. Popsicle - Jan & Dean
9. Baby Scratch My Back - Slim Harpo
10. Solitary Man - Neil Diamond
11. Lullabye of Love - The Poppies
12. Paperback Writer - The Beatles
13. This Can't Be True - Eddie Holman
14. Frankie & Johnny - Elvis Presley
15. It's a Man's Man's Man's World - James Brown
16. I've Got To Be Somebody - Billy Joe Royal
17. I'm a Road Runner - Junior Walker & The All Stars
18. Didn't Want To Have To Do It - Lovin' Spoonful
19. Groovy Kind of Love - The Mindbenders
20. Let's Start All Over Again - Ronnie Dove
21. I Am a Rock - Simon & Garfunkel
PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO
The Doo Wop Meteorologist DJ Pete Chaston is back
this week with another Doo Wop 50s and early 60s
Rock Show here exclusively from Rock-it Radio.
Group Harmony Doo Wop Rock and Roll is still alive
and here is Pete to prove it! Here is the playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982)
2. For You-The Cupids (1963)
3. Tutti Frutti-The Jesters (1961)
4. No Chance-The Cadillacs (1955)
5. I Met Him on a Sunday-The Shirelles (1958)
6. Slop Time-The Shirelles (1958)
7. Hey Little Girl-Dee Clark (1958)
8. Valerie-The Starlites (1960)
9. He's Sure the Boy I Love-The Crystals (1963)
10. Please Let Me Love You-The Legends of Doo-Wop (2001)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Don't You Just Know It-Huey "Piano" Smith & The Clowns (1958)
12. So Strange-The Five Dollars (The Don Juans) (1955)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Sing a Song of Sixpence-The Corvairs (xxxx)
14. Letter to an Angel-The Five Shillings (1958)
15. Oo Wee Baby-The Ivy Tones (1957)
16. Jim Dandy-LaVern Baker & The Gliders (1956)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Bong Bong-Vince Castro & The Tonettes (1958)
18. Rockin' in the Jungle-The Eternals (1959)
19. Rock N' Roll Cha Cha-The Eternals (1959)
20. Run Betty Run-The Van Dykes (late 1950s)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
21. Diamonds and Pearls-The Paradons (1960)
22. Whispering Sorrows-The Nutmegs (1955)
23. Love Will Make Your Mind Go Wild-The Penguins (1955)
24. Soon (I'll Be Home Again)-The Four Seasons (1963)
25. 'Til-The Angels (1961)
26. I Want a Girl-The Mad Lads (1966)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO
SHOW #5671 - CUCA RECORDS OUT OF WISCONSIN
Wisconsin Rockabillies - Cuca Records of Sauk City, Wisconsin,
was founded by James Kirchstein in 1959 and produced
records until the early 1970s. The first record issued
by Kirchstein (Willie Tremain's Thunderbirds, "Midnight Express"
b/w "Frankie's Rock") came out on the Swastika label! Strong
negative reaction forced Kirchstein to pull the single and
reissue it on the Cuca label (both numbered 1001).
Cuca recorded performers for release on other popular record
labels, as well. "Mule Skinner Blues" by The Fendermen,
rereleased on the Soma label, rose to number five on the
Billboard charts in 1960 and sold over a million copies.
The duo of Birdlegs and Pauline's "Spring", rereleased on the
Vee-Jay label, rose to number 18 on the rhythm and blues charts.
Other notable musicians who stopped by Cuca included bluesman
Earl Hooker, the pop group Corporation, country music legend
Pee Wee King, and jazz musician Doc DeHaven.
1. Midnight Express - Willie Tremaine's Thunderbirds 1959 (Swastika)
2. Rockin' Fool - The Montereys 1959
3. Mule Skinner Blues - The Fendermen 1959
4. What's All This - Bob Mattice & The Phaetons 1960
5. That Ain't So - Steve Sperry 1960
6. Rotation - The Six Shooters 1960
7. Like Wow - The Teen's Men 1960
8. Frankie's Rock - Willie Tremaine's Thunderbirds 1959 (Swastika)
9. Nobody's Darling But Mine - Minnesota Marv & The Vanguards 1961
10. Little Boy Blue - Marv Blihovde & The Ambassadors 1961
11. Molly and Tenbrooks - Jimmy Sun & The Radiants 1961
12. I'm Movin' On - Dick Hiorns w/Jimmy Sun & the Radiants 1961
13. Never Gonna Let You Go - Karen Wells & The Black Knights 1961
14. You Didn't Listen - Dave Kennedy & The Ambassadors 1961
15. Just Let Me Be - Don & The Dominos 1962
16. Muleskinner Twist - Ray Kannon & The Corals 1962
17. I'm Gonna Love You- Kenny King & The Bebops 1962
18. Sitting On Top Of The World - Bobby Hodge 1962
19. Peepin' And Hidin' - Dave Kennedy & The Ambassadors 1962
20. I Walk - Sharon Arnold & The Ambassadors 1962
21. Spring - Birdlegs & Pauline 1963
22. White Lightnin' Effin' - The Lavenders 1963
23. Jitterbug Joe - The Night Hawks 1963
24. Bitter Feelings - Larry Phillipson And The Larry Lee Trio 1965
COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Cool Bobby B is back in this newsletter with another
3 hour extavaganza of Doo Wop Rock and Roll from the
first decade of Rock nad Roll! Here is the playlist
of what you will hear when you select his show in our
1. Rockin' with the clock - Shirley and Lee
2, Play those oldies Mr. DJ - Anthony & Sophomores
3. There's something nice about you - The Escorts
4. Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters
5. Band of Gold - The Roommates
6. Rainy Day Bells - The Globetrotters
7. In the still of the night - 5 Satins
8. Dear Lord - The Continentals
9. You can depend on me - The Miracles
10. Diamond and Pearls - The Paradons
11. Rendezvous with you - The Desires
12. Girl of my dreams - The Cliques
13. I promise to remember - Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
14. Jukebox Saturday night - Nino & Ebbtides
15. The Wind - Nolan Strong & Diablos
16. A Casual Look - Six Teens
17. Close your eyes - Five Keys
18. Guided Missiles - Cufflinks
19. Lonesome for you - Frankie Grier Quartet
20. Just to be with you - The Passions
21. 16 Candles - The Passions]
22. Just you - Dion & Belmonts
23. Red Sails in the sunset - Five Keys
24. My Heart - De Vikings
25. Can I come over tonight - Velours
26. My vow to you - The Students
27. Fool Fool Fool - Impalas
28. I see a star - The Roulettes
29. Beside my love - The Dubs
30. Rock N Roll Age - 4 Jays
31. Wishing Ring - 5 Satins
32. My love is gone - The Ladders
33. The Bounce - The Olympics
34. Tossin and Turnin - Bobby Lewis
35. I wonder why - Dion & Belmonts
36. Whispering Bells - Del Vikings
37. My Juanita - Crests
38. 11th hour melody - The Rivieras
39. Moonlight Cocktails - The Rivieras
40. This I swear - The Skyliners
41. since I dont have you - The Skyliners
42. Wildwood days - The Dovells
43. Blue Moon - The Marcels
44. Book of love - The Monotones
45. I believe - The Earls
46. Teen Angel - The Belmonts
47. This is my love - The Passions
48. It'll be easy - The Sultans
49. See Saw - The Moonglows
50. Valerie - Mello Kings
51. Angel Face - The Neons
52. The Angels listened in - The Crests
53. Pretty Little Angel - The Crests
54. Babalu's Wedding Day - Billy & Essentials
55. Where or when - Dion & Belmonts
56. Goodnight Baby - The Imaginations
JAMES RILEY AND THE ROCKABILLY AND BLUES SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5673
Jammin James Riley is back with the Rockabilly and
Blues Show on Rock-it Radio -
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #1
Grammy Award-winning producer Mark Neill joins us
for part 1 of our interview as we discuss early
influences, his band The Unknowns and working
with artists like Ricky Nelson, Big Sandy, Deke Dickerson
and JD McPherson. We also hear tunes from others
he's produced- The Paladins, Smith's Ranch Boys,
Atomic Bombshell and J. Roddy Walston & The Business!
1. She Tears Me Up- The Paladins
2. Big Man- Atomic Bombshell
3. Hot Temper- Smith's Ranch Boys
4. Dream Sequence- The Unknowns
5. I Can't Be Satisfied- Billy Hancock
6. I'm Walking- Ricky Nelson
7. Hold Me- Big Sandy & The Fly Rite Trio
8. Hot Rod Queen- Deke Dickerson
9. Bossy- JD McPherson
10. Tear Jerk- J. Roddy Walston & The Business
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #2
Mark Neill joins us again for part 2 of our interview.
We chat more about JD McPherson, working with Dan Auerbach
& The Black Keys, new artist Liz Brasher, dream producing
gig, requests for the show and hear some tunes from others
he has produced like Hillbilly Moon Explosion, Deke Dickerson,
Rip Carson, Rockin' Ryan, Los Straitjackets, an early 45
from The Paladins and Lucky Stars!
1. Tornado- Hillbilly Moon Explosion
2. The Soles Of My Shoes- Deke Dickerson
3. Nobody's Woman- Rip Carson
4. Bridgebuilder- JD McPherson
5. Heartbroken, In Disrepair- Dan Auerbach
6. I'm Not The One- The Black Keys
7. Get On Or Get Off- Rockin' Ryan & The Real Goners
8. Muddy Roots- Liz Brasher
9. San Diego Shutdown- Los Straitjackets
10. Slow Down- The Paladins
11. One Hand Loose- Charlie Feathers
12. Miss Pearl- Jimmy Wages
13. Honky Tonk Bound- The Lucky Stars
LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW PART 5 OF
5 OF THE 50 YEAR CLASS REUNION OF 1966.
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5674
Our five-week tribute to the graduating class of 1966
concludes this week with the final episode of this year's
50 Year Reunion Program on the Memory Lane Show. Host
Lane Quigley certainly saved some of the best for last, as
this week's playlist and interview clips bring the party
to a fantastic finish. This year's celebration of the Class
of 1966 has been a blast, so be sure to tune in, stick
around until the lights go out, and drive carefully on the
way home. Come dig the finale of the 50 Year Reunion Program
for the Class of 1966.
1. Time Won't Let Me - The Outsiders
2. Barbara Ann - The Beach Boys
3. Ain't Too Proud to Beg - The Temptations
4. Rhapsody In The Rain - Lou Christie
5. Where Were You When I Needed You - The Grass Roots
6. S.O.S. (Stop Her On Sight) - Edwin Starr
7. Red Rubber Ball - The Cyrkle
8. I Love You a Thousand Times - The Platters
9. Green Grass - Gary Lewis & The Playboys
10. Secret Agent Man - Johnny Rivers
11. I Hear Trumpets Blow - The Tokens
12. California Dreamin' - The Mamas & Papas
13. S.Y.S.L.J.F.M. - Joe Tex
14. My Baby Loves Me - Martha & The Vandellas
15. Love Makes The World Go Round - Deon Jackson
16. The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore) - The Walker Brothers
17. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - Dusty Springfield
18. Strangers In The Night - Frank Sinatra
19. Searching For My Love - Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces
20. Time - The Pozo Seco Singers
21. Soul & Inspiration - The Righteous Brothers
PAPA WALT'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW
#5675 WITH KAZOOS, CASTANETS AND COWBELLS.
This edition of the Oldies Show is exploring the use of three
unorthodox instruments in the early years of rock and roll.
As you can see from the playlist, the use of kazoos, castanets
and cowbells didn't seem to have an adverse effect on the
popularity of the songs in which they were used. Heck, you may
even want to get out your kazoos, castanets and cowbells and play
PLAYLIST - Papa Walt's Oldies Show - Kazoos, Castanets & Cowbells
1. Johnny Get Angry - Joanie Sommers (1962)
2. Little Darlin' - The Diamonds (1957)
3. Honky Tonk Women - The Rolling Stones (1969)
4. Little Diane - Dion (1962)
5. Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals (1963)
6. So Long Baby - Del Shannon (1961)
7. Poor Poor Pitiful Me - Linda Ronstadt (1978)
8. Happy Boy - The Beat Farmers (1985)
9. Be My Baby - The Ronettes (1963)
10. We're an American Band - Grand Funk Railroad (1973)
11. You're Sixteen - Ringo Starr (1973)
12. Overnight Sensation - The Raspberries (1974)
13. Here Comes My Baby - The Tremeloes (1967)
14. I Love Onions - Susan Christie (1966)
15. Gypsy Woman - The Impressions (1961)
16. All Alone in the Dark - The Monkees (1970)
17. Uptown - The Crystals (1962)
18. You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Bachman Turner Overdrive (1974)
19. Jugband Blues - Pink Floyd (1968)
20. When You Walk in the Room - Jackie DeShannon (1963)
21. Oh Well - Fleetwood Mac (1969)
JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL ROCKABILLY
SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5676
From the land of windmills, dykes, canals, cheese, tulips,
cows and wooden shoes here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show.
Host Jack van Oers plays music from Canada, Finland,
The Netherlands, The UK, The USA, Sweden and Germany.
Special attention for Lydia and Charles Tuinenburg bringing you
no less than 6 Indorock songs! So, just turn up the volume, put
on your rocking shoes and enjoy the show.
1. Sweet sweet girl - Warren Smith - 1958
2. Froggy went a'rocking - Dave Miller - 1961
3. Rockin' rollin' mama - Bonneville - 198x
4. Louisiana Mama - Gene Pitney - 1961
5. Heartbeat - Lydia & her Melody Strings - 1959
6. Take these chains from my heart - Lydia & her Melody Strings - 1959
7. Don't stop kissing me goodnight - Lydia & her Melody Strings - 1959
8. Ask about love - Charles Tuinenburg & the Goossens Brothers - 1960
9. My Bonnie is over the Ocean - Charles Tuinenburg & the Goossens Brothers - 1960
10. Don't go - Charles Tuinenburg & the Goossens Brothers - 1960
11. Oh baby look at me - Terry Noland - 1958
12. Bottle to the baby - Charlie Feathers - 1956
13. Your love and kisses - Bobby Cash - 1964
14. Speakin' of angels - Shorty Bacon - 1960
15. Keep-A-Knocking - The Everly Brothers - 1958
16. Keep on knocking - Haystack Hi-Tones - 1999
17. Mean mama blues - Don Murphy - 1962
18. Boogie woogie country girl - Crazy Cavan & the Rhythm Rockers - 1982
19. Juliet - Huelyn Duvall - 1958
20. Gonna get you - Fabian - 1959
21. Ridin' with the rockers - Rawhide - 1999
22. I'm ready - Cochran Brothers - 195x
23. Honky tonk hardwood floor - Clyde Stacy - 1958
24. Together forever - Foggy Mountain Rockers - 2000
25. One cup of coffee - Glen Glenn - 1957
26. Ole Reb (instr.) - The Texans - 1961
AL COOL DADDY SMITH AND PART 3 OF 3 OF THE BOB CREWE
STORY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5677
This show completes my three part look at the career of Bob Crewe,
whose induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is long over due.
This final show will concentrate largely on his contribution to The
Four Seasons success. Bob Crew was known as "The Fifth Season" simply
because without his guidance, record production and lyric writing
the Four Seasons would never have come to the attention of the music
listening public to the degree that they did. The case is also made
throughout the show for his inclusion in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,
if only for this contribution, but of course he deserves it for
much more then that as has been shown throughout this three part presentation.
The Play List is as follows:
1.) Silence is Golden-The Tremeloes 1967
2.) Sweetie Pie-Bob Crewe 1959
3.) Silhouettes-Hermans Hermits 1965
4.) Rag Doll-The Four Seasons 1964
5.) Sherry-The Four Seasons 1962
6.) Walk Like A Man-The Four Seasons 1963
7.) Ronnie-The Four Seasons 1964
8.) Dawn(Go Away)-The Four Seasons 1964
9.) Let's Hang On (To What We've Got)-The Four Seasons 1965
10.) Bye Bye Baby (Baby Goodbye)-The Four Seasons 1964
11.) Working My Way Back To You-The Four Seasons 1966
12.) Candy Girl-The Four Seasons 1963
13.) C'Mon Marianne-The Four Seasons 1967
14.) Opus 17(Don't Worry About Me)-The Four Seasons 1966
15.) Can't Take My Eyes Off You-Frankie Valli 1967
16.) My Eyes Adored You-Frankie Valli 1975
17.) Lady Marmalade-LaBelle 1975
18.) Swearin' To God-Frankie Valli 1975
19.) A Lover's Concerto-The Toys 1965
20.) Don't Mention My Name-The Shepherd Sisters 1963
21.) Jean-Oliver 1969 (Truncated)
DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITES SHOW
ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5678
Do you love the rarities of 60s Rock and Roll?
Then this is the show to tune into! Dave features
forgotten or lost or strayed releases of 60s Rock
& Roll. From Psychadellic to Bubble Gum to just good
old Rock and Roll !!!
1 Party Poppin Pt 1 - Elliott Shavers
2. Nowhere Man - Beatles
3. Nobody's Child - Stephen Sargent and the Pride
4. Let Her Go - Nobody's Children
5. How Nice It Is - Billy Stewart
6. Name It And Claim It - Darryl Stewart
7. Broke Down Piece Of Man - Southside Johnny and Asbury Jukes
8. Never,Never - Sam and Dave
9. Dance - Rattles
10. I'm The One - Gerry and the Pacemakers
11. I Don't Want You No More - Minzi Berry
12. Shot Down - Sonics
13. I'm Going To Be Blue - The Ramadas
14. Tainted Love - Gloria Jones
15. Let's Call It A Day Girl - Razor's Edge
16. Little Honda - Hondells
17. Love You So - Robin Hoods
18. Till I Die - Size Seven Group
19. Bye Bye Baby - Nooney Rickett and the Nooney Rickett Four (Discovery of Week)
20. Things I'd Like To Say - New Colony Six
21. Surfside - Digger Revell and the Denver Men
1 Getting Into Something - TKO's
2. Contract On Love - Little Stevie Wonder
3. I Know He Loves Me - Chi Chi McCauley
4. I Do - Marvelows
5. As Time's Gone - Tropics
6. Little Latin Lupe Lu - Heart Beats
7. I've Got To Find Me A Woman - Neal Ford Factory
8. Younger Girl - Critters
9. An Older Boy - Friday and the Girls
10. San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair) - Scott McKenzie
11. Flowers Never Cry - The Mystic, Astrologic, Crystal Band
12. You Were All I Needed - D.C. Playboys
13. Thank You Baby (For A Love Beyond Compare) - Ernie Hines
14. Lonely Days, Lonely Nights - Fabulaires
15. Stranger In Town - Del Shannon
16. Tell Someone You Love Them - Dino, Desi and Billy
17. I Love You - Zombies
18. Don't Hold Back - Johnny Starr
19. Can't Chance A Breakup - John Bull Breed (Discovery of Week)
20. Talk Talk - Music Machine
21. Theme From The Magnificent Seven - Al Caiola
ROCKIN DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5679
The Daddy O is back this week playing some music
from the GREATEST Doo Wop bands from yesteryear!
In the month of April we were giving away his
FREE CD and hope you received your copy! Here is the
playlist for the latest in great doo wop of the
50s and early 60s.
FLASHBACK: RICK WARD'S OLDIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT
RADIO SHOW #5680 ON ROCK-IT RADIO.
Another Best of Broadcast as we dig deep into the
Rock-it Radio Archives as we hold nearly all 5500+
Radio Shows of Rock-it Radio. Rick Ward besides
being producer for Wolfman Jack, Was a Icon DJ himself
in Southern California and beyond. We were blessed
to have him here at Rock-it Radio and we dug out
this show from 2008. If you didn't catch him then you
can now from tuning into Show #5656 on Rock-it Radio's
Program page. Sorry No playlist is available.
JAMES RILEY ROCKABILLY AND BLUES RADIO SHOW ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #5681 - 3 HOUR SPECIAL.
Jammin' James Riley is back for a second time this
newsletter with a special 3 hour special of great
rockabilly, new rockabilly and blues updates, interviews
and music. Here is the playlist for show #5681.
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #1
Cyndi Lauper is our guest as we discuss early beginnings
in a neo-rockabilly band (Blue Angel) and her new album
of country standards, Detour! We'll also hear a new track
from Dion and a couple of artists Cyndi used to see in
New York in the late 70's- Levi & The Rockats and Robert Gordon!
1. I've Been Watching- Dion
2. Down Don't Bother Me- Cyndi Lauper
3. Take A Chance- Blue Angel
4. Funnel Of Love- Cyndi Lauper
5. Heartaches By The Number- Cyndi Lauper
6. Detour- Cyndi Lauper
7. Misty Blue- Cyndi Lauper
8. I Want To Be A Cowboy's Sweetheart- Cyndi Lauper
9. Walking After Midnight- Cyndi Lauper
10. All Thru The Night- Levi & The Rockats
11. I'm Coming Home- Robert Gordon
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour #2
Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Duane Eddy joins us for part 1 of
our interview recorded on location at the Musician's Hall Of Fame
& Museum in Nashville, TN. We discuss early guitar influences,
his Jimmy & Duane duo, twang guitar sound, an Elvis story about
mono vs stereo, listing musicians on his albums, Dick Clark,
Everly Brothers, Art Of Noise and more!
1. Mean When I'm Mad- Eddie Cochran
2. Be Bop A Lula- Everly Brothers
3. Have Love Will Travel- The Sharps
4. I Want Some Lovin'- Jimmy & Duane
5. Movin' N Groovin'- Duane Eddy
6. I Almost Lost My Mind- Duane Eddy
7. Shazam- Duane Eddy
8. 40 Miles Of Bad Road- Duane Eddy
9. 3:30 Blues- Duane Eddy
10. Peter Gunn- The Art Of Noise (with Duane Eddy)
11. Rockabilly Holiday- Duane Eddy
Rockabilly N Blues Radio Hour Hour #3
We hear part 2 of our interview with Duane Eddy this episode.
We discuss his 1987 Capitol album with guests Paul McCartney,
George Harrison, John Fogerty, Ry Cooder and others, getting
inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, "Rebel Rouser" in
Forrest Gump, his latest Road Trip album, playing on 2015's
Elvis Presley- If I Can Dream project and more!
1. I Wonder Why- Dion & The Belmonts
2. A Lover's Question- Clyde McPhatter
3. Cannonball- Duane Eddy
4. Rockestra Theme- Duane Eddy
5. The Trembler- Duane Eddy
6. Kickin' Ashpault- Duane Eddy
7. Yep- Duane Eddy
8. Rebel Rouser- Duane Eddy
9. Curveball- Duane Eddy
10. Bridge Over Troubled Water- Elvis Presley
11. Matchbox- Carl Perkins, The Mavericks & Duane Eddy
All the Rock-it Radio shows are available on CD
Each show is only $9.50 each and you can order
in bulk and shipping will never be more then $2.00.
Ask for a secure paypal invoice -- information is at:
100'S OF VINTAGE ROCK AND ROLL VIDEOS ON FILE IN
OUR VIDEO SITE AT ROCK-IT RADIO:
CHECK IT OUT AT:
COME JOIN US ON FACEBOOK !!! WE WOULD LOVE A
LIKE FROM YOU!
The Rock-it Radio Facebook Site.
HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more --
We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it
Radio. You can find it at:
MAY END OF THE MONTH DRAWING OF WINNERS
ANNOUNCED FOR LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a
random drawing for those that have supported Rock-it
Radio by purchasing either Rock-it Radio shows through the
either the Rock-it Radio Launching pad at:
Or by going and ordering Rock-it Radio shows at:
The May 2016 Winners this month are:
Kurt Hallmeyer - Tualatin, Oregon USA
James Harris - LaVale, Maryland USAEdward Miles - Charlotte, North Carolina USA
SUPER MEGA WINNER - WINNER OF 10 SHOW
OF THEIR CHOICE !!!!!!!!
Angela Leogrande - Selden, New York USA
Each of you have won your choice of 3 vintage
Rock Radio programs (The Super Mega winner won 10!)
from our online store at:
or you can order Rock-it Radio Shows if you prefer on CD
You have until June 30, 2016
us know of your choices.
Congratulations and let me know what you would like to
have along with a mailing address and we will got those
items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank you for helping
support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have October drawings
as well at the first week of next month.
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 6 June, 2016
This week in our archives page at:
For lovers of 60's soul, it doesn't get any better
than this week's Video of the Week. From the Nashville TV show
"The !!!! Beat" here is a phenomenal 23 minute program featuring
Otis Redding, Patti LaBelle & The Bluebelles, Percy Sledge,
Garnett Mimms, Mitty Collier and The Ovations, all performing
with Otis' tight band -- and concluding with the dynamic duo of
Sam & Dave with their band.
|NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE.|
We have new releases in our Ebay Store of Rock-it
Radio shows. Here are the descriptions below.
1. 5 CD Set of Lane Quigley's Musical Tribute and 50 year Class
Reunion of the Class of 1966 now available in our Ebay Store.
This set of shows is currently being played on Rock-it Radio.
2. Last Year's 50 year Class Reunion - Just listed and a
year behind the 5 CD set of Lane Quigley's Musical Tribute
and 50 year Class Reunion for the Class of 1965!
Now in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store at:
3. JUST RELEASED! Cool Bobby B & The Doo Wop Stop Show 3 hour
countdown of the Top 50 Requests for 2015. Check out the details
|FREE CD GIVEAWAY FOR ENTIRE MONTH OF JUNE!|
TREVOR HYLAND ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY SHOW.
Rock-it Radio continues to giveaway CD's for May
for orders received this entire month.
For many year's Dick Biondi was a icon in Chicago
Radio working at the 2 top 40 radio giants of WLS and
WCFL. And the entire month of June if you buy any
Rock-it Radio products or vintage shows we offer we
will be throwing this one in your package for FREE!
This FREE Giveaway if you have our catalog is Catalog
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad : http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Rock-it-Radio-Store
Order a show of Rock-it Radio at:http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
or a 50 Show Rock-it Radio Flashdrive at http://www.rockitradio.net/flashdrive.html
Here is the playlist of this FREE CD OFFER!
Actual Broadcast Recording (Aircheck)
Station: WLS 890 AM - Chicago, Illinois
DJ and Show: Dick Biondi
Date of Broadcast: 9 March, 1962
Length: 55 minutes (digitally remastered and placed on
CD at our studios here at Rock-it Radio)
This is an actual Broadcast from 1962 unedited and you hear
everything just like you did back in 1962! This show is
from WLS Radio 890 in Chicago. With Dick Biondi at the
Microphone! Who at the time was doing the 9 p.m. to Midnight lineup.
The WLS 50,000 Watt Signal covered 40 States and Dick Biondi
quickly became one of America's top jocks having a huge
audience. Along with the great tunes of that era you will
also hear some local and World Newscasts and jingles and
vintage ads. Here is a playlist of what is on this broadcast.
1. ID and Jingle of WLS in Chicago
2. Jazzy little instrumental - unknown title or theme but could be Dick Biondi's theme song <?>
3. Ad: for Power Ford of Chicago and get a new '62 Ford for only $44.00 down!
4. Ad: Harlem Globetrotters in Chicago - Tickets are $1.50.
5. Love me warm and tender - Paul Anka (his first RCA release)
6. Ad: Mason's Bridal shop - Call GR 7 4700 for a catalog
7. The one who really loves you - Mary Wells
8. Ad: For Stridex Medicated pads for Acne Blemishes. Only 98 cents at your local store.
9. Baby it's you - The Shirelles
10. Ad: For St. Joseph High School Mardi Gras Dance in Gary Indiana.
11. Weather report by Pierre the weather guy in French accent - "It's going to be magnifique!"
12. Johnny Jingo - Hayley Mills
13. Ad: For latest Highwaymen LP
14. Please don't ask about Barbara - Bobby Vee
15. News Headline: President Kennedy plans to resume Nuclear Testing unless the Soviet Union agrees to meet on nuclear talks.
16. Hey let's Twist - Joey Dee & the Starliters
17. Don't break the heart that loves you - Connie Francis
18. You better move on - Arthur Alexander
19. Dick Biondi with various Community Announcements in and around Chicago.
20. Love is the sweetest thing - Mario Lanza
21. Ad: Progress in Transportation - total electronic control of driving could be as little as 5 years away!
22. Slow Twistin' - Chubby Checker and Dee Dee Sharp
23. Dick Biondi reading a letter from students of Kansas State University saying his show is the best show to study under.
24. Fever - Peggy Lee
25. Foot Stompin' - (instrumental version) Unknown band
26. WLS Chicago Jingle
Hear All this great nostalgia for free, uncut and
uncensored when you. And get this FREE CD when you
order any product from Rock-it Radio for the entire
month on June 2016!
**Rock-it Radio is 100% Listener supported we have no
sponsors and the sale of our vintage radio broadcasts helps
us to stay online and pay the copyright and broadcasting
fees it takes to remain online. thank you for all your
|ANOTHER NEW FLASHDRIVE RELEASE OF OUR 50 LATEST SHOWS ON MP3.|
ROCK-IT RADIO FLASHDRIVE FOR SHOWS #5601 - 5650 NOW AVAILABLE
50 Rock-it Radio shows on Flashdrive and 80 Hours of Oldies
Rock and Roll from the Rock-it Radio Jocks! All on one Flashdrive -
Studio Quality Recording from the Rock-it Radio Studio!
Just plug into your Computer and it will play in mp3! Our
latest Flashdrive and playlist can be seen in our Ebay Store at:
Also listed in our Flashdrive website at
| ANOTHER FREE GIVEAWAY FOR JUNE !!! |
GET A FREE ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRT !!!!
We have 9 great styles of Rock-it Radio T shirts and
we are giving them away for FREE also. For every order
of vintage shows or Flashdrives or Rock-it Radio shows
with a Total of $70.00 U.S. or more we will throw in a
Rock-it Radio T Shirt for FREE! We have 9 great styles to
Here is what to do to get your T Shirt --
After you order $70.00 or more in a single order for
Rock-it Radio Products - go to our T Shirt website at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/tshirt.html Choose the
style you would like ....
Then e mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the
subject line type in FREE T Shirt
and then let us know what size you would like (small,
medium, Large, X Large, 2X or 3X) and we will include
that shirt with your order.
|RECRUITING FOR RADIO PERSONALITIES FOR |
Do you know your 50s and 60s Rock & Roll, Doo wop
or Rockabilly? And the ability to produce a show
We do require a playlist for this newsletter but
your show will stay online for the world for approx.
3 weeks. Unlike some stations where you broadcast one
time and it's gone forever.
If interested check out our Rock-it Radio Team page
We are also looking for writers and translators!
UNMENTIONED SAVINGS SECRETS FOR SENIORS AND FOR
SOME THAT JUST MEANS FOLKS OVER 50 YEARS OLD
BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR THEM. GREAT LIST.
FOR OUR ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENERS!
Keep this list and send a copy to your senior friends and relatives.
As I was waiting in line behind an older gentleman at Wendy's recently,
I heard him ask for his senior discount. The girl at the register
apologized and charged him less. When I asked the man what the discount was,
he told me that seniors over age 55 get 10% off everything on the menu, every day.
Being of 'that' age myself, I figured I might as well ask for the discount too.
This incident prompted me to do some research, and I came across a list of
restaurants, supermarkets, department stores, travel deals and other
types of offers giving various discounts with different age requirements.
I was actually surprised to see how many there are and howsome of
them start at the young age of 50.
This list may not only be useful for you, but for your friends and family too.
Dunkin Donuts gives free coffee to people over 55 .
If you're paying for a cup every day, you might want to start getting
it for FREE.
YOU must ASK for your Senior discount !
Applebee's: 15% off with Golden Apple Card (60+)
Arby's: 10% off ( 55 +)
Ben & Jerry's: 10% off (60+)
Bennigan's: discount varies by location (60+)
Bob's Big Boy: discount varies by location (60+)
Boston Market: 10% off (65+)
Burger King: 10% off (60+)
Chick-Fil-A: 10% off or free small drink or coffee ( 55+)
Chili's: 10% off ( 55+)
CiCi's Pizza: 10% off (60+)
Denny's: 10% off, 20% off for AARP members ( 55 +)
Dunkin' Donuts: 10% off or free coffee ( 55+)
Einstein's Bagels: 10% off baker's dozen of bagels (60+)
Fuddrucker's: 10% off any senior platter ( 55+)
Gatti's Pizza: 10% off (60+)
Golden Corral: 10% off (60+)
Hardee's: $0.33 beverages everyday (65+)
IHOP: 10% off ( 55+)
Jack in the Box: up to 20% off ( 55+)
KFC: free small drink with any meal ( 55+)
Krispy Kreme: 10% off ( 50+)
Long John Silver's: various discounts at locations ( 55+)
McDonald's: discounts on coffee everyday ( 55+)
Mrs. Fields: 10% off at participating locations (60+)
Shoney's: 10% off
Sonic: 10% off or free beverage (60+)
Steak 'n Shake: 10% off every Monday & Tuesday ( 50+)
Subway: 10% off (60+)
Sweet Tomatoes: 10% off (62+)
Taco Bell : 5% off; free beverages for seniors (65+)
TCBY: 10% off ( 55+)
Tea Room Cafe: 10% off ( 50+)
Village Inn: 10% off (60+)
Waffle House: 10% off every Monday (60+)
Wendy's: 10% off ( 55 +)
Whataburger: 10% off (62+)
White Castle: 10% off (62+) This is for me ... if I ever see one again.
RETAIL & APPAREL :
Banana Republic: 30% off ( 50 +)
Bealls: 20% off first Tuesday of each month ( 50 +)
Belk's: 15% off first Tuesday of every month ( 55 +)
Big Lots: 30% off
Bon-Ton Department Stores: 15% off on senior discount days ( 55 +)
C.J. Banks: 10% off every Wednesday (50+)
Clarks : 10% off (62+)
Dress Barn: 20% off ( 55+)
Goodwill: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
Hallmark: 10% off one day a week (date varies by location)
Kmart: 40% off (Wednesdays only) ( 50+)
Kohl's: 15% off (60+)Modell's Sporting Goods: 30% off
Rite Aid: 10% off on Tuesdays & 10% off prescriptions
Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday ( 55+)
The Salvation Army Thrift Stores: up to 50% off ( 55+)
Stein Mart: 20% off red dot/clearance items first Monday of every month ( 55 +)
Albertson's: 10% off first Wednesday of each month ( 55 +)
American Discount Stores: 10% off every Monday ( 50 +)
Compare Foods Supermarket: 10% off every Wednesday (60+)
DeCicco Family Markets: 5% off every Wednesday (60+)
Food Lion: 60% off every Monday (60+)
Fry's Supermarket: free Fry's VIP Club Membership & 10% off every Monday ( 55 +)
Great Valu Food Store: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
Gristedes Supermarket: 10% off every Tuesday (60+)
Harris Teeter: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
Hy-Vee: 5% off one day a week (date varies by location)
Kroger: 10% off (date varies by location)
Morton Williams Supermarket: 5% off every Tuesday (60+)
The Plant Shed: 10% off every Tuesday ( 50 +)
Publix: 15% off every Wednesday ( 55 +)
Rogers Marketplace: 5% off every Thursday (60+)
Uncle Guiseppe's Marketplace: 15% off (62+)
Alaska Airlines: 50% off (65+)
American Airlines: various discounts for 50% off non-peak periods (Tuesdays - Thursdays) (62+)and up (call before booking for discount)
Continental Airlines: no initiation fee for Continental Presidents Club & special fares for select destinations
Southwest Airlines: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
United Airlines: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
U.S. Airways: various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount)
Amtrak: 15% off (62+)
Greyhound: 15% off (62+)
Trailways Transportation System: various discounts for ages 50+
Alamo Car Rental: up to 25% off for AARP members
Avis: up to 25% off for AARP members
Budget Rental Cars: 40% off; up to 50% off for AARP members ( 50+)
Dollar Rent-A-Car: 10% off ( 50+) Enterprise Rent-A-Car: 5% off for AARP members Hertz: up to 25% off for AARP members
National Rent-A-Car: up to 30% off for AARP members
Holiday Inn: 20-40% off depending on location (62+)
Best Western: 40% off (55+)
Cambria Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)
Waldorf Astoria - NYC $5,000 off nightly rate for Presidential Suite (55 +)
Clarion Motels: 20%-30% off (60+)
Comfort Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
Comfort Suites: 20%-30% off (60+)
Econo Lodge: 40% off (60+)
Hampton Inns & Suites: 40% off when booked 72 hours in advance
Hyatt Hotels: 25%-50% off (62+)
InterContinental Hotels Group: various discounts at all hotels (65+)
Mainstay Suites: 10% off with Mature Traveler's Discount (50+); 20%-30% off (60+)
Marriott Hotels: 25% off (62+)
Motel 6: Stay Free Sunday nights (60+)
Myrtle Beach Resort: 30% off ( 55 +)
Quality Inn: 40%-50% off (60+)
Rodeway Inn: 20%-30% off (60+)
Sleep Inn: 40% off (60+)
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT ;:
AMC Theaters: up to 30% off ( 55 +)
Bally Total Fitness: $100 off memberships (62+)
Busch Gardens Tampa, FL: $13 off one-day tickets ( 50 +)
Carmike Cinemas: 35% off (65+)
Cinemark/Century Theaters: up to 35% off
Massage Envy - NYC 20% off all "Happy Endings" (62 +)
U.S. National Parks: $10 lifetime pass; 50% off additional services including camping (62+)
Regal Cinemas: 50% off Ripley's Believe it or Not: @ off one-day ticket ( 55 +)
SeaWorld, Orlando , FL : $3 off one-day tickets ( 50 +)
CELL PHONE DISCOUNTS :
AT&T: Special Senior Nation 200 Plan $19.99/month (65+)
Jitterbug: $10/month cell phone service ( 50 +)
Verizon Wireless: Verizon Nationwide 65 Plus Plan $29.99/month (65+).
Great Clips: $8 off hair cuts (60+)
Supercuts: $8 off haircuts (60+)
NOW, go out there and claim your discounts - - - - and remember ----
YOU must ASK for your discount ---- no ask, no discount.
I Know everyone knows someone over 50 please pass the one on!!!!!
3 New Re introductions of lost broadcasts
We are re listing 3 shows that have not been in our Ebay store for sometime.
But we thought we would re list them today. Especially since today marks
the 50th anniversary of The Vietnam War, we have a special broadcast of
Pat Sajack (before the wheel of Fortune) when he was serving and DJing on
AFVN (Armed Forces Vietnam Network). Serving and spinning Top 40 Songs
to Military serving in Vietnam. Those that know the Movie with Robin Williams
"Good Morning Vietnam" - it's that station! you can view the playlist of
that show at:
Also, come relive New Year's Eve 1967 with BBC Radio 1 Top Gear Show with
DJ John Peel.
John Peel was one of the most fascinating 60s DJ's in the UK! Equivalent in
popularity to the United States Wolfman Jack. He also introduced much of the
60s Psychadelic Rock to the UK. In our catalog these shows are listed as
RIR #342 and RIR #343 you really get your monies worth because both items are
a 2 CD set! Click to the link to see the playlists.
RIR #342 Disc #1 John Peel Top Gear Show BBC Radio 1
RIR #343 Part II of John Peel Top Gear Show BBC Radio 1
Sales of these items along with all items in our Launching Pad site of Rock-it
Radio go to supporting Rock-it Radio and pay for licensing and online and
broadcasting fees. We thank you for your continued support.
| ROCK-IT RADIO RETAKES #1 INTERNET RADIO STATION|
FOR MAY 2016
With the excellent showing of DJ's and the talent
that they show and the music that they play at
Rock-it Radio - We are happy to report that Rock-it
Radio has regained the #1 position of most listened
to radio station over the internet according to
Top Internet Radio Stations for MAY 2016.
Even with lack of programming we still managed to
make #1 2 months in a row :)
You can follow the standings at:
|WHY THE LACK OF SHOWS IN MAY FOR ROCK-IT|
AND HARDLY ANY UPLOADS.
By: Bennie Dingo
Last month we only got one newsletter out and a total of 17 shows.
And today on the 6th of June we just now got another new show online.
On May 7th We were working on the Ranch here at our home in Northern
Idaho. Got Ill short of breath and was laid up for a few days until I had to
check into Emergency. Was diagnosed with viral Pneumonia. Truly did
run me down. I was able to kind of keep up on our orders but kind of relapsed
again sending me back to the Hospital and then another Doctor visit where they
put me up on the heaviest prescribed dose of the steroid Prednisone. I almost
immediately started feeling better but wanted to wait 3 or 4 days before we
got back into the studio here. Did not feel really that bad but as soon as I
got up and tried to do something -- well as the East Coasters say
"Forget About it" I want to thank many of you for your kind thoughts and
words of encouragement and letters and mentions in our Facebook account.
Our Coffers are low with no many orders lately and that is why we are offering
some special deals this month to try to get Rock-it Radio Going again. We went
nearly $1000.00 in the red last month. And so far in June have only sold $100.00
of products of course I have not been putting any shows up or promotions either.
I will be putting up shows kind of fast and furious for the next couple of weeks and
another newsletter as we are very behind. Actually going to put a couple up as soon
as I am done with this newsletter. :)
STREEMA.COM PICKS UP AUDIO FEED OF ROCK-IT RADIO
Another way to tune into Rock-it Radio on your
computer is now with Streema's audio feed of our
station that picked up Rock-it Radio.
|REMINDER ON HOW TO CONTACT THE DJ'S AT ROCK-IT RADIO|
We all love our our e mails from listeners here at Rock-it
Radio. Along with requests and dedications. Earlier this year
due to the excessive spam we all were getting I stopped listing
the e mails at each shows playlist. But you can still
contact them. Just go to the Rock-it Radio DJ page and each
DJ has there e mail link underneath each bio.
You can find it at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html
|COLLECTING AIRCHECKS - A HOBBY OF RADIO NOSTALGIA|
What is a Aircheck? It is simply a recording of a radio broadcast. Usually collected by Radio fans.
Come check out our webpage on collecting Airchecks.
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!!
Rock-it Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack.
Arguably the most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the
Rock-it Radio Wolfman Page at:
REMEMBERING OFFSHORE PIRATE RADIO IN THE UK
In the mid 1960s it was difficult for the youth to actually listen to Rock
and Roll in the UK.
The BBC actually ran only a few hours a weekend to provide the young Brits
with this outlet.
At night during the week they ventured to even tune into Radio Luxembourg
to get there fill,
that broadcast rock and pop around the clock.
To fill this void some venture capitalists decided to bring in commercial radio aboard
refitted radio ships. And anchor themselves just off into International waters
off the English coast.
Radio Caroline (named after Caroline Kennedy the U.S. President's daughter at the time)
and Radio London being the most famous. Rock-it Radio has a website
dedicated to their ventures and also have actual radio broadcasts available of
these offshore pirates.
We invite you to check them out our webpage at:
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on the
popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running a
search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app. that
I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
Rock-it Radio listed.
Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at:
|MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??|
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED.
YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ PAGE...
Remember you can check out all the Rock-it Radio DJ's
and read the bios of these DJ's that make these
Rock-it Radio Shows possible at:
And don't forget for even more pictures --
there is our picture page at:
IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our
updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
It is our new Twitter account and we will once again start
scrolling our messages and updates on our webpages as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO OTHER TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR
NEWS RELEASES FOR N. IDAHO, KODIAK ALASKA AND
Rock-it Radio has another Twitter account and is used for News
Alerts that come into the studio here at Studio A. For those Twitter
users that would like to follow the link is:
The feed can also be seen in our World News broadcast Webpage
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE LISTENER'S CLUB!!!!
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from May 3, 2016 to
June 6, 2016
We hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides
and our playlists and information that our weekly newsletter
provides. Any comments, criticisms, kudos, compliments or
future ideas is always welcome and you can e mail me personally at:
Maya Irving - Santa Rosa, California USA
Peter Harris - Manchester, Connecticut USA
Jo Ellen Shatz - Miami, Florida USA
Michael Nehrbass - Takoma Park, Maryland USA
Bela Ferenczi - Kecskemet, Bacs-Kiskun Hungary
Stephen Powell - Central, South Carolina USA
Dennis Ianniello - Pennsylvania, USA
Bill Eberline - LaFollette, Tennessee USA
Karen Murphy - Carcross, Yukon Territory Canada
We have gained 118 new likes in our listeners club
in our Facebook page Rock-it Radio Fan Page as well this week at:
http://facebook.com/rockitface and 98 more following us
on Twitter @Rockitradio1 .
We have added a total of 225 new members to the Rock-it Radio
Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 86,765 exactly
that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
We hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's
Rock and Roll, Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial
oldies radio stations have forgotten) that we are able to play
for you from Rock-it Radio. Remember, we are here for you!
So if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and
suggestions we always love to hear from our listeners.
Our e mail address is:
To learn more about the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club and our Free
Newsletter please check out:
It's free and easy to join and the Rock-it Radio Newsletter is always
online at: http://www.rockitradio.net/newsletter.html
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE GOOD WORD OF ROCK-IT RADIO!
Do you know of someone that might also like the music
of Rock-it Radio? We are desperately trying to keep this
music alive and have been doing so since 1995! Please
share the information of this station. And if you have
a website would you please consider putting a Rock-it Radio
link on your page.
There are a few to choose from in our link page at:
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in
our on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within 24
hours of receiving payment.
To help search for older shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist
by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only
$9.50 U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at
the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order
one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail.
Instructions where to send payment is at our webpage:
If you are a member of paypal (http://www.paypal.com) you can e mail directly
and let me know via e mail (email@example.com) what shows you would
like we can send you a paypal invoice within 24 hours.
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you
help keep these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
And at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but actually
some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at Rock-it Radio.
TOP 20 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 6/6/2016
As you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where you
hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and unedited
just like you would of heard
it back then. Here are the top sellers this week.
1. Flashdrive Rock-it Radio Shows 5501 - 5550
2. 50 year Class Reunion 1966 Lane Quigley Memory Lane Show
3. RIR #436 - Pat Sajack Armed Forces Vietnam network 3/18/1969
4. Flashdrive Rock-it Radio Shows 5401 - 5450
5. Flashdrive Rock-it Radio shows 5451 - 5500
6. Flashdrive Rock-it Radio shows 5551 - 5600
7. RIR #342 - John Peel BBC 1 12/31/1967 #1
8. RIR #393 - John Lennon as DJ on WNEW New York from 1974
9. RIR #644 - Dan Ingram WABC New York 6/12/1964
10. RIR #270 - BBC Buddy Holly Tribute from 1965.
11. RIR #642 - Elliot Field - KFWB Los Angeles 1/9/1959
12. RIR #539 - Cousin Brucie WABC New York 9/7/1965
13. RIR #359 - Gus Gossert Oldies show - WPIX FM New York 1971
14. RIR #343 - John Peel BBC Radio 1 12/31/1967 #2
15. Flashdrive - Rock-it Radio Shows 5601-5650
16. RIR #517 - Cousin Brucie - WABC New York 11/29/1967
17. RIR #168 - Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 2 cd set
18. RIR #149 - Alan Freed WINS New York City 1/23/1957
19. RIR #410 - Dr. Don Rose - KFRC San Francisco 4/4/1974
20. RIR #181 - Wolfman Jack - XERB Tijuana 12/8/1967
our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
or in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at:
http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html(listed by date)
and in the upper left hand corner -
there is a search box where you can type in the DJ name or
Station Call letters and that information on that show will pop up.
Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio
giveaway mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of
these broadcasts is what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank
you again to everyone that buys these!
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite
you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further
Come tune into the World on your computer!
1000s of stations around the world now broadcast online. We have a
link to some of the internet top directories to help you find these stations.
Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom
of the list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory.
And currently we can only afford the
latest shows online here at Rock-it Radio.
So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio
archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in
OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations
Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska
with our very own Debbie Snowdove!
Well that is just about it for this newsletter and playlists of our latest
shows. We hope that you enjoy them.
We will do our best to keep these shows on for at least 14
days and hopefully 21 days.
All the best always,
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Archived Shows at:
Rock-it Radio Vintage Broadcast Store: