As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Preparing to Move -- Rock-it Radio Shows #4527 to #4539
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Well kind of a somber week with West, Texas and Boston. And our heart's go out to the victims. We were up until 3 a.m. this morning listening to WBZ Radio in Boston on our Iphone and always amazed with the modern technology that we can literally tune in the world. This week we have a total of 13 shows of great oldies and there playlists. Along with news on our move and some scheduling. The movers are coming the end of this month and it is our last call if you wish to order Rock-it Radio shows of the past - As they will be shipped out of the Ventura Studio on April 29th. We also have some great milestones this week on Rock-it Radio! Lane Quigley & The Memory Lane Show does a special on there 500th Show! Featuring some of the best interviews of musical stars of the past and also the Premiere Broadcast of Dave the Rave and the Relics and Rarities Show debut broadcast on Rock-it Radio.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
The deadline to order a Rock-it Radio Show is April 27th. As much of the studio will be dismantled at the Ventura California Station on April 29th. And will resume Sales of past Rock-it Radio shows on a projected date of June 10th, 2013. In our new studio in Post Falls, Idaho.
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY COMPLETES HIS 5OOTH SHOW FOR ROCK-IT ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4527
It truly is quite a milestone! Lane Quigley and the Memory Lane Show has completed his 500th show here on Rock-it Radio. He has been here since the infancy of Rock-it Radio as soon as we started broadcasting online back in 1997. A sincere thank you Lane for all your fantastic shows! It's the 500th Memory Lane Show on Rock-it Radio! Over the years, one of the most popular features on the Memory Lane Show has been the Sound Bites (Interview Clips) that are featured on every program. Host Lane Quigley has been able to conduct hundreds of interviews of artists and others who brought us the music we love from the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio In celebration of the 500th Memory Lane Show, Lane presents clips from some of his favorite interviews over the years. Each sound bite is accompanied by a record, so join Lane on this trip down Memory Lane and hear clips from the following:
1. Marshall Lytle & Joey D'Amrosia of Bill Haley's Comets (Rock Around The Clock) 2. Clarence "Frogman" Henry (But I Do) 3. Dean Torrance of Jan & Dean (Dead Man's Curve) 4. Gene Vincent (Race With The Devil) 5. Barbara Lewis (Hello Stranger) 6. Dick Dale (Misirlou) 7. Freddy Cannon (Chattanooga Shoe Shine Boy) 8. Jimmie Rodgers (TLC - Tender Lovin' Care) 9. Willie Winfield of The Harptones (Sunday Kind of Love) 10. DJ Hunter Hancock (That's My Desire by Hadda Brooks) 11. TV Host Lloyd Thaxton (So What by Bill Black's Combo) 12. Ray Johnson (Roll With My Baby Tonight) 13. Roy Orbison (Crying)
Would you like to congratulate Lane on his 500th show filled with these great memories? Or a future request or comment? You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BILL GREEN & THE ROCK AND ROLL RETRO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4528 - JERSEY BOYS & GIRLS FEATURED!
It's the fourth smallest in the United States but New Jersey packs a powerful punch when it comes to chart hits during the Rock 'n Roll era. New Jersey provided more than its share of great artists and groups with singing styles as diverse as the state itself. From High Point mountain up north to the Cape May ocean shore down south Rock 'n Roll Retrospective brings you 'Jersey Boys and Girls'. Hop aboard this Rock-it ride with a musical Garden State party.
1) Palisades Park - Freddy Cannon (1962) 2) Sherry - The Four Seasons (1962) 3) Tonight's The Night - The Shirelles (1960) 4) I Wanna Be (Your Everything) 1965) 5) Don't Make Me Over - Dionne Warwick (1962/63) 6) Billy - Kathy Linden (1958) 7) Darling Lorraine - The Knockouts (1960) 8)I Wish That We Were Married - Ronnie and the Hi-Lites (1962) 9) Turvy pt. 2 - Cozy Cole (1958)10 10) Thank You And Goodnight - The Angels (1963) 11) Bonanza - Al Caiola (1963) 12) Follow The Boys - Connie Francis (1963) 13) Have You Heard - The Duprees (1963) 14) See You In September - The Happenings (1966) 15) Lies - The Knickerbockers (1965/66) 16) Martian Hop - The Ran-Dells (1963) 17) That' The Way Boys Are - Lesley Gore (1964) 18) Society's Child (Baby I've Been Thinking) - Janis Ian (1967) 19) Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) - Looking Glass (1972) 20) Triangle - Janie Grant (1961) 21) Broken Hearted Melody - Sarah Vaughn (1959) 22) Book Of Love - The Monotones (1958) 23) Lisbon Antigua - Nelson Riddle (1955/56) 24) Once Upon A Time - Frank Sinatra (1965)
Thanks Bill for such a great Representation of Music by New Jersey artists - truly a wonderful playlist! If you have any requests or comments for Bill you can contact him at: email@example.com
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH AND PART II OF THE ROCKIN' SAX OF BIG JAY MCNEELY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW # 4529
This show continues my in depth look at the work of Big Jay McNeely, arguably the greatest of the 40's and 50's Honkers and Screamers. Big Jay electrified America in the days before and after the appearance of Rock and Roll in 1955. The show includes some of his greatest 50's recordings including some rare live cuts as well as the song 'She Don't Work' which many discographers were unaware of until recently. Also included in this show is the original master of Big Jay's biggest hit 'There is Something on Your Mind' Other great tracks are here as well.
The Play List is as follows:
1. Hometown Jamboree - Big Jay McNeely 1951 2. Teenage Hop-Big Jay McNeely 1951 3. The Goof-Big Jay McNeely 1952 4. Mule Milk-Big Jay McNeely 1954 5. Texas Turkey-Big Jay McNeely 1953 6. Nervous Man Nervous-Big Jay McNeely 1953 7. Big Jay Shuffle-Big Jay McNeely 1952 8. 3-D-Big Jay McNeely 1953 9. Hot Cinders-Big Jay McNeely 1954 10. Tenderly-Big Jay McNeely 1957 11. She Don't Work-Big Jay McNeely 1954 12. Sunday Dinner-Big Jay McNeely 1948 13. California Hop-Big Jay McNeely 1948 14. Nervy Man Nervy-Big Jay McNeely 1953 15. There is Something On Your Mind-Big Jay McNeely 1959 16. Back...Shack...Track-Big Jay McNeely/w Little Sonny Warner 1957 17. Insect Ball-Big Jay McNeely w/Little Sonny Warner 1957 18. Strip Tease-Big Jay McNeely 1954 19. Beachcomber-Big Jay McNeely 1954
know there is more of Big Jay coming Al and we look forward to hearing
them.If you have any requests or comments for The Cool Daddy up there in
Studio C. You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4530
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
"BOP, BOOGIE, JIVE, STROLL & SMOOCH"
On the Movin' 'n' Groovin' Show this week I'll be bringing you some more rock 'n' roll from as always, right across the board, including, boogie from 1948 - 1992, Blues from the 1950's and 1960's, Boppers, Jivers, and Strollers from the 1950's and 1960's, and some well known names in my Smooch Spot. So once again, sit back, buckle up, and let's take another ride on The Rock-it.
01. Intro 02. Fort Knox Boogie (instrumental) - Boyd Bennett 03. I Don't Dig It - Big Joe Turner (48) MGM 04. I've Been Twistin' - Jerry Lee Lewis (62) Sun 05. Baby How Can You Do It - John Lee Hooker (51) Modern 06. Juke - Little Walter & His Night Caps (52) Checker 07. You Know That You Love Me - Freddie King (60) King 08. The Fat Man - Fats Domino (49) Imperial 09. Billy Boy's Blues - Billy Boy Arnold (65) Prestige 10. Bop Till We Drop - The Rockin' Daddies (M) 11. Run Run Mabel - Everett Carpenter (57) Square Deal 12. Let's Go - Bonnie Blue Bell (56) Bakersfield 13. Lover Boy - Gene Wyatt (57) Ebb 14. Moving Day - Buzz Clifford (61) Columbia 15. 36-22-36 - Herbie Goins (60's) 16. Great Big Eyes - Archibald (52) Imperial 17. What In The World's Come Over You - Jack Scott (59) Top Rank 18. Doin' The Best I Can - Elvis Presley (60) RCA-Victor 19. Among My Souveniers - Connie Francis (59) MGM 20. Wedding Bells - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps (56) Capitol 21. Magic Is The Night - Kathy Young & The Innocents (61) Indigo 22. Long Tall Girl - The Carnations (61) Lescay 23. Shake Rattle And Roll - Sam Cooke (63) RCA 24. When Boy Kiss Girl - Ella Mae Morse (56) Capitol 25. Hula Hop - The Platters (59) Mercury 26. I Do Whatta Do - The Creel Sisters (56) Abbott 27. Good Rockin' Tonight - Arthur Prysock (52) Decca 28. Keep On Knockin' - Champion Jack Dupree (92)
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE TO THE COBRA RECORD LABEL! ON SHOW #4531
Cobra Records left quite a bite, even though this little West Side Chicago label was only in existence for three short years. Cobra was started by television repair shop owner Eli Toscano in the summer of 1956. Toscano was lucky enough to snag Willie Dixon from Chess Records to write, produce and scout talent for his new label. They hit gold right out of the gate, when Cobra's first release, "I Can't Quit You Baby" by Otis Rush went to #6 on the national R&B charts. Cobra would not score another hit record, but they are credited with popularizing the West Side blues style of their young artists; Otis Rush, Magic Sam and Buddy Guy. In fact, Magic Sam's "All You Love" and Otis Rush's "Double Trouble" are considered bonafied blues classics today. Betty Everett recorded her first sides for Cobra and Ike Turner recorded some of his last before forming Ike & Tina Turner. So get ready to fall under the spell of Cobra Records as Matt The Cat spins this little label's best sides on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. I Can't Quit You Baby - Otis Rush - Cobra 1956 3. Rock and Roll Boogie - The Clouds - Cobra 1956 4. Have A Good Time - Shakey Horton - Cobra 1956 5. Mambo Fiesta - The Calvaes - Cobra 1956 \ 6. Violent Love - Otis Rush & His Band - Cobra 1956 7. Shake It - Duke Jenkins - Cobra 1957 8. I Don't Care Who Knows - Harold Burrage - Cobra 1957 9. My Love - Betty Everett - Cobra 1957 10. All Your Love - Magic Sam - Cobra 1957 11. Look Whatcha Done - Magic Sam - Cobra 1958 12. Double Trouble - Otis Rush & His Band - Cobra 1958 13. GREAT 78 - Love Me With A Feeling - Magic Sam - Cobra 1957 14. I'll Weep No More - Betty Everett & The Willie Dixon Band - Cobra 1958 15. Roll Your Money Maker - Shakey Jake & The Willie Dixon Band - Artistic 1958 16. Try To Quit You Baby - Buddy Guy & His Band - Artistic 1958 17. (I Know) You Don't Love Me - Ike Turner's Kings Of Rhythm - Artistic 1959 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another commendable tribute to another R&B label Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PREMIERE BROADCAST!!!!!!!! DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4532
We are excited to announce the first show of the latest member of the Rock-it Radio Family here! It's Dave the Rave and the Relics and Rarities show. The Show is in our program webpage as show #4532 and please let us know what you think! You can read Dave's bio and picture in our DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html here is the playlist.
1. Garbage City - Street Cleaners 2. The Kids Are Alright- Who 3. I'm Free - Wilmer & the Dukes 4. Time Is On My Side - Rolling Stones 5. Five Years Ahead of My Time - Third Bardo 6. Liar, Liar - Castaways 7. Love Ain't Enough - Buckinghams 8. Same Old Thing - Olympics 9. I Don't Want To Cry - Ronnie Dyson 10.Coincidence - Lawrence & the Arabians 11.I Think We've Met Before - Hannibal 12.Wonderful, Wonderful - Gene Chandler 13.You Mean So Much To Me - Mad Lads 14.Muscle Beach Party - Annette 15.Surf Bunny Beach - Surf Bunnies 16.Until Again My Love - Little Willie John 17.Oh My Love - Drifters 18.An Angel Up In Heaven - Del Vikings 19.Uh Huh MM - Sonny James (Discovery of the Week) 20.Boys Will Be Boys - Joe Tex 21.Pulsebeat - The Buddies
If you would like to welcome Dave or say hello or a future request on his show you can reach him at his Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4533 - MORE COVER SONGS PART III
Mel is back this week playing the best of cover songs! Songs that were hits by original artists and then at a later date sung by someone else! See if it was an improvement on the song or did they totally destroy the song! It's a fun listen and come on in and tune in. Unfortunately, we don't have the playlist for this song but hopefully we will have it for next week's newsletter.
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4534
Mike Bollea's Jukebox Party is just that -- A party of great oldies coming thru your speakers on your computer and it is definetly worth a listen. It's a mix of R&B, and 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll.
We don't have a playlist for this show but it does come in 2 parts. If you have any questions or would like to send a hello to Mike you can write him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW FROM THE NETHERLANDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4535
From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs with entries from Australia, the Netherlands, the USA and the UK. So put on your rock `n roll shoes and have a lot of fun!
1. Go go go - Roy Orbison - 1956 2. The girl I saw on bandstand - Lew Williams - 1958 3. 200 Miles - Danny Wild & the Wildcats - 1978 4. Duck call boogie - Gene Price & the Chordsmen - 1962 5. Tahiti jungle - The Desmounts - 1962 6. Party doll - Hullaballoos - 1964 7. She's a bad motorcycle - The Crestones - 1964 8. Hello Mary Lou - Harry Bliek - 1961 9. You've got everything - Bob Luman - 1960 10. Speed demon - Wailin' Elroys - 2004 11. Everybody needs a little love - Matchbox - 1979 12. Rockin' in a wooden shack - Ann Brewer & the Flames - 1965 13. Rockin' in a wooden shack - Ranch Girls & the Ragtime Wranglers - 2000 14. Jungle rock - Hank Mizell - 1957 15. Gee - The Delltones - 1959 16. Hello Josephine - The Scorpions - 1965 17. I might - Shakin' Stevens - 1990 18. Find my baby for me - Sonny Burgess - 1957 19. Other side of town - Go Cat Go - 1991 20. Sweet loving mama - Lee Raper - 21. When it's springtime in the Rockies - The Blue Moon Rockers - 1996 22. Sweet sugar bugger - Peggy Upton - 1958 23. Capa Canaveral - Monte Mead - 1959 24. Rockabilly man - The Firebirds - 1995 25. My little Sue - Terry Lee & the Poorboys - 1959 26. Sarie Marijs - Willy & his Giants - 1962
Thanks Jack! Another fine Rockin' Show from the windmill that keeps on Rockin' All Night Long! If you would like to write to Jack - It's simple all you have to do is send a e mail to: email@example.com
============================================== TONY WARNER & THE TIMELESS TRACKS SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4536
Probably one of our better mix of shows of the best of everything is Tony Warner's Timeless Tracks show. Unfortunately we don't have the playlist for this show either.
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4537
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4537.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4538.
Cool Bobby B is back this week with more great Doo Wop for us in the Doo Wop Stop. Rock-it Radio is proud to be the only Internet station that carries the syndicated Cool Bobby B show and you can tune in anytime around your schedule in our archives page to hear all of the Rock-it Radio programs. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee 2. Rama Lama Ding Dong -- The Edsels 3. Fools fall in love -- The Drifters 4. Too good to be true -- The Academics 5. Shy one -- Shirley Ellis 6. Rip Van Winkle -- The Devotions 7. Gee Whiz -- The Innocents 8. Zoom Zoom Zoom -- The Collegians 9. One Summer Night -- Philly Cuzz 10. Broken Heart -- The Fiestas 11. Be my girl -- The Videls 12. The Things I love -- The Fidelities 13. I'm so young -- The Students 14. Madly -- The Del Knights 15. Again -- The Cliftonaires 16. Fine Girl -- The Cliftonaires 17. Once upon a time -- Rochelle & The Candles 18. Storm Warning -- Philly Cuzz 19. I lvoe you -- The Four Mosts 20. Truly Truly -- The Laurels 21. Just for you and I -- The Supremes 22. Dearest Doryce -- The Rhythm Cadets 23. Daddy Cool -- The Rays 24. You belong to me -- The Duprees 25. Whoever -- The Chantels 26. You baby you -- The Excellents
27. ABC's of Love -- Frankie Lymon & Teenagers 28. To be loved -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 29. Heaven on Earth -- The Platters 30. One in a Million -- The Platters 31. WPLJ -- the 4 Deuces 32. If you were my own (Wedding Song) -- Tommy Mara 33. We go together -- The Moonglows 34. La La (Hey Baby) -- The Cobras 35. Poor Rock and Roll -- Nicky & The Nobles 36. Since I don't have you -- The Skyliners 37. Rocket to the moon -- The Reflections 38. Lullabye -- The Chevrons 39. Doop Doop a Walla Walla -- The El Torros 40. Tonight and Forever -- The Whirlers 41. Angel Face -- The Vocaleers 42. I'm falling in love -- The Jesters 43. Since I don't have you -- Lenny Welch 44. Darling Dear -- The Counts 45. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
Thanks Mr. B for another great doo wop show! We are very lucky to have Cool Bobby B shows here on Rock-it Radio and if you enjoyed the show please let him know that you listened to him on Rock-it Radio. To contact Cool Bobby B you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4539
From across the pond just in Harrow, UK it's Jackie Bond and the Let the Good times roll show. All sorts of favorites are played here and to tune in just click to show #4539 in our program website of Rock-it Radio. Here is the playlist of the show.
1. Let The Good Times Roll - The Velvets (intro) 2. Jitterbop Baby - Hal Harris 3. Baby - Pat Roberts and The Heymakers 4. Satellite No2 - Carl Mann 5. Gone Baby Gone - Ray Smith 6. I'm Shakin' - Ron Thompson 7. Tennessee Saturday Night - Chester Smith Soundbite 8. Move It On Over - Malcolm Yelvington 9. A Gall Named Joe - Malcolm Yelvington 10. Late For Lovin' - Hal Peters and His String Dusters 11. Kitty Kat - Bill Mack 12. Salty Dog Blues - Carl Phillips 13. Meet Me In The Alley Sally - Billy Brown 14. Runnin' Man - The Planet Rockers 15. Let's Make A Block - Huelyn Duvall 16. I'll Sail My Ship Alone - Jerry Lee Lewis 17. Cincinnati Fireball - Johnny Burnette 18. Rhythm Called Rock 'n' Roll - Jimmy Haggett 19. Rockin' Love - Carl Mann 20. Rock House - Conway Twitty 21. Milkshake Madamoiselle - Jerry Lee Lewis 22. Mexican Twist - Dorse Lewis 23. She Drives Me High - Star Mountain Dreamers 24. My Baby Loves Me - Charlie Gracie 25. All My Friends Are Gonna Be Strangers - Pat Roberts And The Heymakers 26. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Thanks Jackie for another Rockin' show on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Jackie with any requests, comments or would just like to say hello. You can reach him online at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
LAST DAY OF OFFERING FOR ROCK-IT RADIO T SHIRTS IS APRIL 22ND! GO TO WEBSITE ABOVE FOR DETAILS.
ROCK-IT RADIO ARCHIVES TO GO INTO STORAGE ON MAY 1. DEADLINE EXTENDED AGAIN
As Rock-it Radio makes it's move to Idaho - If you wish to order any archived shows going back to show #001 of Rock-it Radio. We surely appreciate it but want to give you plenty of notice that on the end of March all of our archived shows will go into storage until we make our move. So, we have extended the archived shows until May 1 and then won't be available until we make it to Idaho. If you wish to order one of our Rock-it Radio shows - just go to our webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Note: The Launching Pad will remain open (where we sell vintage radio shows from the 50s thru the 70s) will remain open - until we actually begin the move and the last thing to go out of the studio.
IT'S NOW THE APRIL MADNESS SALE!!!
Radio is moving and we are overstocked, with our Vintage Radio shows -
of the 50s thru the 70s. So, if you place a order with us in the month
of March AND NOW ALL OF APRIL!!!! we will be including a bonus CD of
either another vintage radio broadcast that we have overstocked here, or
possibly a Rock-it Radio show from the past. Most can be over 10 years
old! And surely not aired again.
We hope that you enjoy our little bonus and you can order from our main webpage of the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
ROCK-IT RADIO PREPARES TO CLOSE DOWN VENTURA CALIFORNIA STUDIO. DISRUPTION IN PROGRAMS.
We are getting ready for the big move! With our 6000 CD's and
just as many 45s and LP's and mixer's and recorders etc. All
headed off to a new location in Post Falls, Idaho.
On April 29th the entire studio is going to be packed and shrink
wrapped. And headed to storage in Idaho. With the exception of
one computer, one DSL line for internet connections, and one CD
Duplicator and screen and copier sitting on a card table.
Until we vacate the Ventura Station on the first week of June.
We will be able to provide programming up until that time - pending
property showings and fixing up the location here for sale.
You may have noticed that programming has
been sporadic and a bunch of shows are put on then quiet for a couple of
days. That will
probably continue until we get the new studio going up in Idaho.
We will start reducing our offers in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad
and should follow the following schedule.
- Last orders for Rock-it Radio shows will end Midnight on April 27th.
After that they will be stored away and
prepared for shipment North. We will not have access until we get up to
- Sales of Vintage Rock Radio Shows will continue until May 29th.
From the Launching Pad at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
After that the master recordings due to there value will personally be traveling with us up there.
-- The Rock-it Radio T shirt offer will be ending on Midnight on
April 22nd Pacific Time. http://www.rockitradio.net/tshirt.html
each t shirt is made individually per
order and we just have no place to make new shirts after this date as we
will be packing for the move.
So if you want a Rock-it Radio T Shirt order by the end of this weekend.
There will be no shows uploaded in the
final days here in Ventura California and we get the new studio
functioning in Post Falls Idaho. So from June 1st to June 12th we will
be unable to fill Rock-it Radio Launching Pad orders
or upload new shows. After June 1st
Postal orders for shows should go to our new address and that will be
posted in our order page at:
One of our Earliest Priorities once we
arrive in Idaho is get the minimum amount of equipment up and going to
at least get new shows back on air for Rock-it Radio. So, please don't
forget about us during our brief abscence :)
MARCH END OF THE MONTH WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR
LAUNCHING PAD SUPPORTERS.
At the end of every month on Rock-it Radio we have a random
drawing for those that have supported Rock-it Radio by purchasing
either Rock-it Radio Shows through either the Rock-it Radio
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from April 12, 2013 to April 20, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave K. -- ?? Dottie H. -- ?? Dianna Beaulieu -- New Jersey, USA David May -- Lewiston, Maine, USA Ken Beck -- ??
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 5 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,718 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 4/20/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 2. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) - WLAC Nashville 1967 3. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1974 4. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick - WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 5. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 6. RIR #142 -- Mad Daddy Pete Myers - WHK Cleveland 6/25/1959 7. RIR #514 -- John R - WLAC Nashville April 1969 8. RIR #141 -- Mad Daddy Pete Myers - WJW Cleveland 6/25/1959 9. RIR #629 -- Charlie Van Dyke -- CKLW Windsor (Detroit) 4/28/1969 10. RIR #467 -- Dr. Don Rose - WQXI - Atlanta 2/28/1967
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Indonesia +0 5. Germany +0 6. France +0 7. Italy +0 8. Netherlands +1 9. Australia +1 10. Philippines -2 11. Mexico +0 12. Japan +0 13. Brazil +0 14. Sweden +0 15. Spain +0 16. Switzerland +0 17. Russia +0 18. Argentina +1 19. China +1 20. Finland -2 21. Greece +2 22. Austria -1 23. Saudi Arabia +5 24. Poland +1 25. Serbia -4 26. Belgium -3 27. New Zealand +0 28. Thailand +5 29. Ireland +14 30. Romania -3 31. India +0 32. Israel +2 33. Morocco +1 34. Hungary -4 35. Czech Republic +1 36. Peru +3 37. United Arab Emirates -2 38. Denmark +0 39. South Africa -10 40. Portugal +4 41. Chile -5 42. Hong Kong +3 43. Singapore +4 44. Norway -7 45. Croatia -4 46. Colombia +4 47. Lithuania -1 48. Turkey +1 49. Ukraine -7 50. Malaysia +3
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. Washington +1 7. Illinois -1 8. Maryland +0 9. New Jersey +0 10. Ohio +0 11. Michigan +3 12. Virginia -1 13. Massachusetts +0 14. North Carolina +3 15. Indiana +0 16. Georgia +2 17. Missouri -1 18. Oregon -6 19. Colorado +0 20. Arizona +2 21. Tennessee +0 22. Wisconsin +1 23. Connecticut -3 24. Kentucky +2 25. West Virginia +0 26. Louisiana -2 27. Iowa +0 28. Alabama +2 29. South Carolina +0 30. Minnesota -2 31. District of Columbia +4 32. Nevada +0 33. Delaware +0 34. Kansas -3 35. Oklahoma -1 36. Utah +0 37. Arkansas +5 38. New Mexico -1 39. Rhode Island +0 40. Mississippi -3 41. Wyoming +4 42. New Hampshire -1 43. Nebraska -3 44. Maine +3 45. Idaho -2 46. Montana -2 47. North Dakota -1 48. Hawaii +1 49. Alaska -1 50. South Dakota +0 51. Vermont +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!