As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4516 to #4526
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
We are back this week with another 11 playlists for shows this week. Along with some news and stats. Our apologies again for not getting these newsletters out exactly every week. Once we get to Idaho and settled in - it will be a lot better. Just trying to get the house worked on here for sale and still trying to produce shows etc. - Time has been a rare commodity. But we are still out here rockin and rolling on the Rock-it!
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4516
From the UK comes the popular show of the Movin' and Groovin' Show. Spinning Rock Boogie is back with some more rip roaring rock 'n' roll from the 1950's from right across the board.
"BOP, BOOGIE, JIVE, STROLL & SMOOCH"
Spinning Rock Boogie brings you over an hours worth of good time rock 'n' roll with such names as, Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Hank Ballard, Connie Francis, Bill Haley, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Clyde McPhatter, plus some lovely smooching Doo Wop.
01. Intro 02. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Leon Starr (67) Stomper Time 03. Choo Choo Ch' Boogie - Leon McAuliff (61) Cimarron 04. Honey Honey - Leon Smith (60) Williamette 05. Little Forty Ford - Leon Smith (59) Williamette 06. Ain't Nothin' Shakin' - Leon Simms & The Robins (50) Savoy 07. Mystery Train - Elvis Presley (55) Sun 08. You Can't Catch Me - Chuck Berry (56) Chess 09. Finger Poppin' Time - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters (60) King 10. Daddy-O - Bonnie Lou (56) King 11. The Tiger And The Mouse - Connie Francis (59) MGM 12. Me And My Baby - Rick Johnson (59) Comet 13. Swamp Girl - Tommy Bell (59) Zil 14. Tennessee Houn' Dog Yodel - Marvin Rainwater & The Tomahawks (55) MGM 15. I Don't Dig It - Mike McAlister (58) Hob Nob 16. Betty Lou Got A New Pair Of Shoes - Bobby Freeman (58) Autumn 17. 2 x 9 - Eddie Clearwater (81) Cleartone 18. Deep Sea Ball - Clyde McPhatter (60) Atlantic 19. Wow Wow Baby - The Searchers (58) Class 20. My Memories Of You - The Harptones (54) Bruce 21. I'm So Proud Of You - The Impressions (64) ABC-Paramount 22. I Knew From The Start - The Moonglows (56) Chess 23. Are You Sincere - The Platters (58) Mercury 24. Sacred - The Castells (61) Era 25. Come Here - Lillian Briggs (58) Sunbeam 26. Slow Smooth And Easy - Anita Tucker (55) Capitol 27. Millionaire Hobo - The Fantastics (a.k.a. The Pharaohs) (59) RCA 28. Last Call For Alcohol - Hot Lips Page & His Orchestra (52) King 29. Pink eyed Pussycat - Bill Haley & His Comets (72) Janus 30. Herman The Hermit - Jerry Lee Lewis (65) Phillips 31. Outro - Spinning Rock Boogie (instrumental) - Hank C. Burnette (76) Sonet
Good Going DJ Spinning Rock Boogie with this show and it truly does Rock with that great early Rock and Roll feel! If you have a future request to Spinning Rock or a comment or friendly hello you can too by writing to him at: Spinningrock@rockitradio.net
And remember you can write to him with your top 10 songs as well! And get them played here on Rock-it Radio ============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4517
Mike Bollea's Jukebox Party is just that -- A party of great oldies coming thru your speakers on your computer and it is definetly worth a listen. It's a mix of R&B, and 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll.
We don't have a playlist for this show but it does come in 2 parts. If you have any questions or would like to send a hello to Mike you can write him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== FROM THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA IT'S TED LOUKES' ROCKABILLY RHYTHM SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4518
Ted is back this week with another great set of 100% all 50s Rockabilly! Here is this show's playlist below of what you will hear when you click to show #4518 in our program show.
1. Boppin' Bonnie - Eddie Bond 1956 2. Good Rockin' Baby - Sid King & the Five Strings 1956 3. Got Love If You Want It - Warren Smith 1958 4. Night Club Rock And Roll - Gene Parson's Band 1959 5. Bop Man Bop - Doug Amerson & His Dude Cowboys 1955 6. Midnight Sun Rock - Al Oster 1960 7. Shorty The Barber - Lou Millet 1956 8. Hot And Cold - Marvin Rainwater 1956 9. Rockin' and a Rollin' - Sonny Fisher 1955 10. Domino - Roy Orbison 1956 11. What'cha Gonna Do - Sonny Burgess 1958 12. One Way Ticket - Bobby Crown & The Kapers 1959 13. Five O'Clock Hop - Dubb Pritchett & The Rock-A-Taires 1958 14. Make With the Lovin' - Dennis Herrold 1958 15. School Of Rock And Roll - Gene Summers and his Rebels 1958 16. Lonesome Train (On a Lonesome Track) - Johnny Burnette 1957 17. Shake Um Up Rock - Benny Cliff 1958 18. Rockin' in the Graveyard - Jackie Morningstar 1959 19. Rockin' Country Style - Glenn Reeves and His Rock-Billys 1956 20. Who Slapped John - Gene Vincent 1956 21. Rockin' in the Congo - Hank Thompson 1957 22. Grandpa's Rock - The Trail Blazers 1958 23. Cat All Night - Lee Finn 24. I'm Gonna Set My Foot Right Down - Buddy Holly 1963 25. Ten Cats Down - The Miller Sisters 1957 26. Strange Kinda Feeling - Eddy Dugosh & The Ah-Ha Playboys 1956 27. Won't Tell You Her Name - Al Urban 1958 28. Go Cat Go - Bill Flagg 1956 29. Gone Gone Gone - Carl Perkins 1955
Great Job Ted! We love that 50s Rockabilly here at Rock-it Radio! If you have a request or comment or would just like to say hello to Ted out there in S. Africa you can at: email@example.com
============================================== JACK VAN OERS AND THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW FROM THE NETHERLANDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4519
From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs with entries from Australia, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, the USA and the UK. So put on your rock `n roll shoes and have a lot of fun!
1. Mean mean man - Wanda Jackson - 1960 2. Rockin' romance - The Midnighters - 1961 3. She's in love with her teacher - Ruth McKenny - 1987 4. Boppin' Rosalie - Johnny & Dorsey Burnette - 1957 5. Heartbeat - Lydia & the Melody Strings - 1959 6. Hou je echt nog van mij, Rocking Billy - Ria Valk - 1961 7. Servant of love - Van Bros. - 1960 8. This is it - The Paris Brothers - 1959 9. Merrily we rock 'n roll - Chuck Berry - 1965 10. Hey Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley - 1957 11. Got the water boiling - Billy Lee Riley - 1959 12. I like your kind of love - Warren Smith - 1959 13. I like your kind of love - The Backbeats - 2003 14. No time - The Slades - 1958 15. I've had it - Highway - 1983 16. Never do it - Lee West & the Westonians - 1959 17. My heart holds a picture of you - Buck Stevens - 2006 18. Rivers of love - Jerry Dion - 1963 19. Rave on - Sonny West - 1957 20. Foxy little mama - Little Tony & his Brothers - 1959 21. To my baby - Skeet Richardson & the Vibratones - ? 22. Hang around no more - Ronnie Nightingale & the Haydocks - 2001 23. I'll never be a dreamer - Ray Scott - 1961? 24. Lucinda - Larry Finnegan - 1964 25. You've got love - Marty Wilde - 1958 26. Chattanooga Choo Choo - The Hi-Five - 1964
Thanks Jack! Another fine Rockin' Show from the windmill that keeps on Rockin' All Night Long! If you would like to write to Jack - It's simple all you have to do is send a e mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH Pt. 3 OF A TRIBUTE TO CAB CALLOWAY! ON SHOW #4520
If you're "hep to the jive" and can "dig the scene," then you're in for a treat on this week's "Juke In The Back." Matt The Cat presents Cab Calloway: the "Father of R&B," the "Grandfather of Rock n' Roll" and the "Hi De Ho Man." There is no question that Cab Calloway planted the seeds that would grow into Rhythm & Blues on his 1931 Brunswick single "Minnie The Moocher." That song would go on to have a life of its own, inspiring sequels and re-recorded versions for the rest of Calloway's career. The tune would be revived yet again in 1980, when it and Cab Calloway were featured in the "Blues Brothers" film. Cab accomplished so much in his career, from breaking down the color barrier in motion pictures to introducing the world to scat singing and jive talking. He had a musical language and style all his own and we celebrate the great, influential Cab Calloway on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Minnie The Moocher - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Brunswick 1931 3. St. Louis Blues - Cab Calloway & The Missourians - JSP 1930 4. St. James Infirmary - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Brunswick 1931 5. Kickin' The Gong Around - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Brunswick 1931 6. Reefer Man - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Brunswick 1932 7. Chinese Rhythm - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Brunswick 1934 8. (Hep-Hep!) The Jumpin' Jive - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Vocalion 1939 9. Are You Hep To The Jive - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Okeh 1940 10. Blues In The Night - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Okeh 1942 11. The Honeydripper - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Columbia 1946 12. GREAT 78 - Are You All Reet - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Okeh 1941 13. Everybody Eats When They Come To My House - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Columbia 1947 14. The Calloway Boogie - Cab Calloway & His Orch - Columbia 1948 15. Minnie The Moocher - Cab Calloway & His Orch - RCA 1978 16. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another commendable tribute to another R&B great Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4521 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Be My Girl-Tony & The Twiliters (1960) 3. Play Those Oldies, Mr. Dee-Jay-Anthony & The Sophomores (1963) 4. Ruby Baby-Aaron Neville (with Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, Eugene Pitt of The Jive Five, and others) (2013) 5. Stay a Little Longer-The Equadors (1958) 6. What is Your Name Dear-The Ebbtides (1956) 7. Real Pretty Mama-The Meadow Larks (1953) 8. I Adore Him-The Angels (1963) 9. Money Honey- Aaron Neville (with Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, Eugene Pitt of The Jive Five, and others) (2013) 10. by request: No One Can Take Your Place-The Lexingtons (The Catalinas (xxxx)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. The Crusher-The Novas (1969) 12. The Ten Commandments of Health-Thad & The Medications (from Sesame Street (1983)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Doom-Lang-The Tokens (1958) 14. Satisfied-Part II-The Cashmeres (1960) 15. Come On Home-The Raindrops (circa 1959) 16. Why You Do Me Like You Do-The Cleftones (1957)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Baby Blue-The Echoes (1961) 18. Juke Box Saturday Night-Nino & The Ebbtides (1961) 19. Laughing Love-The Native Boys (1956) 20. Bang Bang Shoot 'Em Daddy-The Emblems (xxxx)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. Oh, Let Me Dream-The Native Boys (1956) 22. Ballad of a Boy and Girl-The Graduates (xxxx) 23. When I Met You-The Native Boys (1956) 24. Hey Jude-The Royal Teens (1969 or '70) 25. This is My Love-The Youngones (xxxx) 26. I'm the Girl-The Chantels (1961)
27. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amatuer doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== BECOME A DOO WOP STAR ON ROCK-IT RADIO!!!!
DJ Pete Chaston made a challenge in the latest show listed above. He has invited everyone to turn in there own Doo Wop Song. It can be serious, silly, with a bunch of friends, whatever you might have going on. And Pete will play it in future shows. All you have to do is send him a mp3 file of that show or tape after you are done doo wopping. You can contact him for full details at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4522. INSTRUMENTAL ROCKABILLY
Ready for some Rockabilly with a super delivery full of energy? Here he is Rockin' Daddy O Rockabilly Ranch Party show on Rock-it Radio. This week with Rockabilly Instrumentals that is bound to get you rockin'!. Here is this week's playlist when you tune into show #4522 in our program page.
1. Shaften-Corvettes 2. Chicken Grabber-Nite Hawks 3. Drunken Guitar-Tommy Steele 4. Jaguar-Jaguars 5. The Sweeper-Link Wray & Raymen 6. Catalunya Express-Dragtones 7. Jupiter-Stompin' Riff Raffs 8. Drums A Go-Go-Hollywood Persuaders 9. Stick Shift-Duals 10. Hot-Rod-Rhythm Addicts 11. Four On The Floor-Rangers 12. Camel Walk(Part One)-Saxons 13. Oasis, Part 1-Majestics 14. Switchblade-Ron Thompson & His Rowdy Guitar 15. Thunderbird-Sonny Burgess 16. Guybo-Kelly Four (Eddie Cochran) 17. That's It Man-Valentines 18. Scorched Earth-Flames 19. Stomper-Emanons 20. Uprisin'-Cherokees 21. Dynamite-Clee-Shays 22. Rockin' Rebel-Strangers 23. Hail Caezar-Caezars 24. Rumble-Link Wray & His Ray Me
Next week Rockin' Daddy O will be doing his Rockabilly show. But if you have any comments, would like to say Hello! Or a request or dedication! He would love to hear from you at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4523 -
ROCK, POP AND BLUES DOUBLE-SIDED 45 CLASSICS
These 45's would certainly be in my personal 45 jukebox. Both the "A" and "B" sides are featured. What are your favorites? This week Mel looks at 45 record releases that actually were hits on the A side and the B Side. Here is the playlist.
(1956) 1) BLUE SUEDE SHOES - CARL PERKINS (a) 2) HONEY DON'T (b) 3) WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE - FRANKIE LYMON & THE TEENAGERS (a) 4) PLEASE BE MINE (b) 5) CRYING WON'T HELP YOU - B.B. KING (a) (Correct 45 Version) 6) 16 TONS (b) First Pressings Only! RPM Records. Not available on CD.
(1957) 7) RAUNCHY - BILL JUSTIS (a) 8) THE MIDNIGHT MAN (b) (Vocal)
(1958) 9) HIGH SIGN - THE DIAMONDS (a) 10) DON'T LET ME DOWN (b) 11) THERE'S ONLY ONE OF YOU - THE FOUR LADS (a) 12) BLUE TATTOO (b) 13) COLLEGE MAN - BILL JUSTIS (a) (Correct 45 Version) 14) THE STRANGER (b) 15) MONKEY JIVE - SHEB WOOLEY (a) 16) THE CHASE - (b) Classic Road Race Song
(1959) 17) CHARLIE BROWN - THE COASTERS (a) 18) THREE COOL CATS (b) 19) I'VE HAD IT - THE BELL-NOTES (a) 20) BE MINE (b) (1960) 21) MULE SKINNER BLUES - THE FENDERMEN (a) 22) TORTURE (b) (Instrumental)
(1961) 23) LET THERE BE DRUMS - SANDY NELSON (a) 24) QUITE A BEAT (b) 25) MULTIPLICATION - BOBBY DARIN (a) Out Of Time.......Part Two is Coming!!
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== STEVE PROPES' 45 SHOW WITH GREAT EARLY R&B ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4524
If you love early Rhythm and Blues and Rock and Roll you will definetely love the music selections of Rock and Roll & R&B author and DJ Steve Propes has to offer here on Rock-it Radio show #4524.
We don't have a playlist for this show but he does ID each song in his show. If you have any comments or would just like to say Hello to Steve you can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4525.
Cool Bobby B is back this week with more great Doo Wop for us in the Doo Wop Stop. Rock-it Radio is proud to be the only Internet station that carries the syndicated Cool Bobby B show and you can tune in anytime around your schedule in our archives page to hear all of the Rock-it Radio programs. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley & Lee 2. Why do fools fall in love -- Frankie Lymon & Teenagers 3. Pizza Pie -- Norman Fox & Rob Roys 4. Till the End -- Five Satins 5. Don't Hang up -- The Orlons 6. The Wah Watusi -- The Orlons 7. Magic Moon -- The Rays 8. Best part of Breakin' up -- The Ronettes 9. Ol' Man River -- The Temptations 10. What a sweet thing that was -- The Shirelles 11. Bad Girl -- Miracles 12. Remember When -- The Platters 13. Rock and Roll Age -- 4 Jays 14. I'm so young -- The Students 15. I sold my heart to the junkman -- Patti Labelle & Blue Belles 16. Magic Star -- 5 Classics 17. I only have eyes for you -- The Flamingos 18. Lovers Never Say Goodbye -- The Flamingos 19. Miss you -- The Holidays 20. Lucky Me, I'm in love -- El Domingos 21. Time was -- The Flamingos 22. Love Walked in -- The Flamingos 23. As Time goes by -- The Flamingos 24. Here in my heart -- The Zircons 25. You belong to me -- The Duprees 26. Don't say nothin' bad about my baby -- The Cookies 27. So Fine -- The Fiestas
28. The Stars -- The Ocapellas 29. Love me forever -- 4 Esquires 30. Lost Love -- The Superiors 31. Maybe you'll be there - Billy & The Essentials 32. Get back to you -- Anthony & Sophomores 33. For your precious love -- Jerry Butler & Impressions 34. I wish I were in Love -- Jerry Landis (Paul Simon) 35. Tonight Tonight -- Mello Kings 36. Darla -- Rick & The Keens 37. Peanuts -- Rick & The Keens 38. Tick Tick Tick -- Teddy & Continentals 39. I need someone -- Lenny Welch 40. To make a long story short -- Eddie and The Starlights 41. Deep Purple -- Billy Ward & Dominos 42. Alone - The Del Lourds 43. Rendezvous with you -- The Desires 44. Looking for a love -- The Valentinos 45. You're so fine -- The Falcons 46. Treasure of love -- Clyde McPhatter 47. There's a fool obrn every minute -- the 5 Superiors 48. Unbelievable -- The Runarounds 49. For Sentimental Reasons -- The Cleftones 50. Hello Love -- The Standards 51. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
Thanks Mr. B for another great doo wop show! We are very lucky to have Cool Bobby B shows here on Rock-it Radio and if you enjoyed the show please let him know that you listened to him on Rock-it Radio. To contact Cool Bobby B you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4526
From across the pond just in Harrow, UK it's Jackie Bond and the Let the Good times roll show. All sorts of favorites are played here and to tune in just click to show #4526 in our program website of Rock-it Radio. Here is the playlist of the show.
1. Jack The Cat - Jackie Lee Cochran(Intro) 2. Sick and Tired - Charlie Starr 3. Motorcycle - Billy Balls 4. Don't Start Crying Now - Slim Harpo 5. Castro Rock - Jay Chevalier 6. All I Can Do Is Cry - The Blue Cats 7. Careful Baby - Joe Poovey 8. Hesitation Boogie - Hardrock Gunter 9. Down The Road A Piece - Chuck Miller Soundbite 10. Sentimental Fool - Barbara Pittman 11. My Baby Likes To Rock 'n' Roll - Tommy Lane 12. Take It Away Leon - Leon McAuliffe 13. She Bops A Lot - Ronnie Pearson 14. One Broken Heart For Sale - Otis Blackwell 15. Corrine Corrina - Big Joe Turner 16. I Love You Baby - Donnie Howser 17. Jungle Hop - Kip Tyler 18. Clarksdale Boogie - The Hillbilly Explosion 19. Jumbo Jet Plane - Pep Torres 20. I Dreamed I Was Elvis - Sonny Cole And The Rhythm Roamers 21. Rock On The Moon - Jimmy Stewart 22. Maybelline - Johnny Rivers 23. King Cry Baby - James Intveld 24. Long Time No Love - Ronnie Smith and The Poor Boys 25. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Thanks Jackie for another Rockin' show on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Jackie with any requests, comments or would just like to say hello. You can reach him online at: JackieBond@rockitradio.net ===========================================
THE NEW T SHIRTS ARE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spring is here and so is the new Rock-it Radio T Shirts - In 3 new very cool designs to be included to go with our traditional Rock-it Radio Cat Logo T shirt. You can view them all in our new Rock-it Radio T Shirt page at:
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton! Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO ARCHIVES TO GO INTO STORAGE ON MAY 1. DEADLINE EXTENDED AGAIN
As Rock-it Radio makes it's move to Idaho - If you wish to order any archived shows going back to show #001 of Rock-it Radio. We surely appreciate it but want to give you plenty of notice that on the end of March all of our archived shows will go into storage until we make our move. So, we have extended the archived shows until May 1 and then won't be available until we make it to Idaho. If you wish to order one of our Rock-it Radio shows - just go to our webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Note: The Launching Pad will remain open (where we sell vintage radio shows from the 50s thru the 70s) will remain open - until we actually begin the move and the last thing to go out of the studio.
IT'S NOW THE APRIL MADNESS SALE!!!
Radio is moving and we are overstocked, with our Vintage Radio shows -
of the 50s thru the 70s. So, if you place a order with us in the month
of March AND NOW ALL OF APRIL!!!! we will be including a bonus CD of
either another vintage radio broadcast that we have overstocked here, or
possibly a Rock-it Radio show from the past. Most can be over 10 years
old! And surely not aired again.
We hope that you enjoy our little bonus and you can order from our main webpage of the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad at:
week: Recorded before a live audience - from 1964 in Santa Monica
Civic Auditorium in California - The Set of the Tami Show with a full
feature movie of this concert and the top acts. Including The Beach
Boys, Jan and Dean, The Barbarians, James Brown and many others! Nearly
2 hours of this great concert!
And check out the 100s of vintage music videos we have listed in our Video webpage at:
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from April 3, 2013 to April 11, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
John Patterson -- Glen Garnock, United Kingdom Ira Chudd -- Port St. Lucie, Florida USA
our major advertising campaign began it is physically impossible for
me to list all the new members in our Facebook site --
We have added 2 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,713 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
would love to chat with our listeners here on Rock-it Radio and await
your comments as well. To reach Rock-it Radio Main Studios
please add 'rockitradio' to your Yahoo Messenger list.
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK
Week ending 4/11/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 2. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) - WLAC Nashville 1967 3. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1974 4. RIR #514 -- John R - WLAC Nashville April 1969 5. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 6. RIR #467 -- Dr. Don Rose - WQXI - Atlanta 2/28/1967 7. RIR #629 -- Charlie Van Dyke -- CKLW Windsor (Detroit) 4/28/1969 8. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit - WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 9. RIR #617 -- Arch Yancey - KNUZ Houston, Texas 6/14/1965 10. RIR #191 -- Best of KHJ Boss Radio Jocks of 1966
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. Indonesia +0 5. Germany +0 6. France +0 7. Italy +2 8. Philippines +0 9. Netherlands +1 10. Australia +1 11. Mexico -4 12. Japan +0 13. Brazil +0 14. Sweden +1 15. Spain +1 16. Switzerland +1 17. Russia +1 18. Finland +1 19. Argentina -5 20. China +0 21. Austria +1 22. Serbia -1 23. Greece +13 24. Belgium +3 25. Poland +12 26. Romania -3 27. New Zealand -3 28. Saudi Arabia +5 29. South Africa +0 30. Hungary -3 31. India -3 32. United Arab Emirates -4 33. Thailand +1 34. Morocco +6 35. Israel +3 36. Czech Republic -4 37. Chile +6 38. Denmark -5 39. Peru +0 40. Norway -14 41. Croatia +9 42. Ukraine +4 43. Ireland +8 44. Portugal -2 45. Hong Kong +2 46. Lithuania +2 47. Singapore -2 48. South Korea +5 49. Turkey +2 50. Colombia -28
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +0 3. New York +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. Texas +0 6. Illinois +0 7. Washington +2 8. Maryland -1 9. New Jersey +2 10. Ohio -3 11. Virginia -2 12. Oregon +0 13. Massachusetts +4 14. Michigan -1 15. Indiana -1 16. Missouri +0 17. North Carolina -2 18. Georgia +0 19. Colorado +0 20. Connecticut +4 21. Tennessee -1 22. Arizona -1 23. Wisconsin -1 24. Louisiana +4 25. West Virginia +1 26. Kentucky -1 27. Iowa -3 28. Minnesota +0 29. South Carolina -6 30. Alabama +0 31. Kansas +0 32. Nevada +0 33. Delaware +5 34. Oklahoma +2 35. District of Columbia -3 36. Utah -2 37. New Mexico +3 38. Missisippi -6 39. Rhode Island -5 40. Nebraska -2 41. New Hampshire +0 42. Arkansas +0 43. Idaho +0 44. Wyoming +5 45. Montana +1 46. North Dakota +2 47. Maine -4 48. Alaska +2 49. Hawaii -4 50. South Dakota -4 51. Vermont +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!