As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4622 to #4629
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Eight new shows this week were produced here on Rock-it Radio. And we are ready to give you the playlists of them this week. We hope you enjoy them!
Don't forget also this month the 15th Annual East Coast vs. West Coast oldies battle is going on in show #4589. And will be going offline for the voting tabulations on the 31st of July - So if you haven't voted yet - You can possibly win some great prizes if you do! Instructions how is in the playlist of that show in this newsletter below.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
BILL GREEN AND THE ROCK AND ROLL RETRO SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4622 - 4 PLAY!
It's all a matter of interpretation. Rock 'n Roll Retrospective host Bill Green proves the point as he presents multiple versions of only four songs. it's a 4 Play here on Rock-it Radio with artists as varied as Billie Holiday, Elvis Presley, Lloyd Sims and The Clovers. Be sure to check out the Retro Show here on the Rock-it.
1) Blue Velvet - Tony Bennet (1951) 2) Blue Velvet - The Clovers (1955) 3) Blue Velvet - The Moonglows (1958) 4) Blue Velvet - The Velours (1959) 5) Blue Velvet - The Statues (19860) 6) Blue Velvet - The Paragons (1960) 7) Blue Velvet - Bobby Vinton (1963) 8) Blue Velvet - The Dubs (1964) 9) (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Nat 'King' Cole (1946) 10) For Sentimental Reasons - The Rivileers (1954) 11) (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Sam Cooke (1958) 12) For Sentimental Reasons - Lloyd Sims (1960) 13) For Sentimental Reasons - The Cleftones (1960) 14) (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - The Righteous Brothers (65/66) 15) Fever - Little Willie John (1956) 16) Fever - Ray Peterson (1957) 17) Fever - Peggy Lee (1958) 18) Fever - Elvis Presley (1960) 19) Fever - The McCoys (1965) 20) Summertime - Billie Holliday (1936) 21) Summertime (alternate version) - Sam Cooke (1957) 22) Summertime (hit version) - Sam Cooke (1957) 23) Summertime - The Marcels (1961) 24) Summertime - Rick Nelson (1962) 25) Summertime - Billy Stewart (1966)
That is an interesting format for a show! Good one Bill. If you have any requests, comments or would just like to send a big hello to Bill you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE SHOW TO RUTH BROWN #2 IN ROCK-IT SHOW #4623
Ruth Brown Pt. 2 (1951-53)
Ruth Brown was Atlantic Records first big star. She was so successful, racking up 24 R&B hits for the fledging label, that Atlantic was often called the "house that Ruth built." This week, "Juke In The Back" continues its 3 part feature celebrating the music and influence of "Miss Rhythm." Part 2 will focus on the hayday of Brown's recordings from the start of 1951 through the middle of 1953. During this period, she would score 2 more #1 hits with "5-10-15 Hours" and "(Mama) He Treats Your Daughter Mean" as well as 3 more top ten entries. Matt The Cat digs out an interview with the late co-founder of Atlantic Records, Ahmet Ertegun, explaining how Atlantic marketed Ruth Brown during the early days. Next week, part 3 will focus on Brown's 1954-'55 recordings just as Rock n' Roll was hitting the American mainstream.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. It's All For You - Ruth Brown - Unissued 1951 3. I'll Wait For You - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1951 4. Standing On The Corner - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1951 5. I Know - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1951 6. I Don't Want Nobody (If I Can't Have You) - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1951 7. Shine On (Big Bright Moon) - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1951 8. Without My Love - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1951 9. 5-10-15 Hours - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1952 10. Be Anything (But Be Mine) - Atlantic 1952 11. Daddy Daddy - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1952 12. Have A Good Time - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1952 13. GREAT 78 - Good For Nothing Joe - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1952 14. Three Letters - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1952 15. (Mama) He Treats Your Daughter Mean - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1953 16. R. B. Blues - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1953 17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another GREAT show Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4624 - Top 25's THAT WE'RE ONE HIT WONDERS
It's always been difficult to get one hit record. But for some artists, it was harder to get a SECOND hit record. For every Elvis or Fats or Drifters, there were dozens of performers who had fleeting success but were not able to sustain a career. This week's Memory Lane Show begins a mini-series of programs entitled "Fabulous Forgotten Top 40's - One Hit Wonder Edition." In this series, host Lane Quigley will feature artists who had their day in the spotlight with a Top 40 hit on the U.S. charts --- but never again were able to crack the U.S. Hot 100. Get ready to jog your memory with these 25 lost hits:
1. Book of Love - The Monotones 1958 #5 2. Your Ma Said You Cried In Your Sleep Last Night - Kenny Dino 1961 #24 3. A Little Bit of Soap - The Jarmels 1961 #12 SOUND BITE 4. Little Star - The Elegants 1958 #1 5. The Freeze - Tony & Joe 1958 #33 6. Here Comes Summer - Jerry Keller 1959 #14 7. Hey Little Girl - The Techniques 1957 #29 SOUND BITE 8. Mule Skinner Blues - The Fendermen 1960 #5 9. Ruby Duby Du - Tobin Matthews 1960 #30 10. Hey Joe - The Leaves 1966 #31 11. Sea of Love - Phil Phillips & The Twilights 1959 #2 SOUND BITE 12. The Push and Kick - Mark Valentino 1962 #27 13. I Really Love You - The Stereos 1961 #29 SOUND BITE 14. Rainbow - Russ Hamilton 1957 #4 15. The Boy Next Door - The Secrets 1963-64 #18 16. Shaggy Dog - Mickey Lee Lane 1964 #38 17. When You Dance - The Turbans 1955 #33 18. Teasin' - The Quaker City Boys 1958 #39 19. Wiggle Wobble - Les Cooper 1962 #22 SOUND BITE 20. No Chemise Please - Gerry Granahan 1958 #23 21. Happy Happy Birthday Baby - The Tune Weavers 1957 #5 22. Tracy's Theme - Spencer Ross 1960 #13 23. Need You - Donnie Owens 1958 #25 24. When The Boys Talk About The Girls - Valerie Carr 1958 #19 25. Lovers' Island - The Blue Jays 1961 #31
Thank you Lane for another great Flashback to Top 40 Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to give Lane a friendly hello! You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
And he is also on Facebook now as well!
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE FROM THE UK WITH MORE OF THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4625
Spinning Rock Boogie actually gets 2 spins this week with this show on Rock-it Radio show #4625 and #4629. In this show - The Spinning Rock spins some awesome Rockabilly. Here is the playlist.
1. Cadillac Rock - Linda Gail Lewis 2. Blue Ribbon Baby - Tommy Sands and The Raiders 3. Down The Road Apiece - The Refreshments 4. Bell Bottom Boogie - Rockin Bonnie and The Rot Gut Shots 5. Rockabilly Music - Ray Campi 6. How Come It - George Jones 7. Straight Skirt - Gene Summers 8. His Rockin Little Angel - Rosie Flores 9. Red Hot - Billy Lee Riley 10. Bird Dog - Don Woody 11. Let's Talk About Us - Pat Roberts 12. All Reet - Pep Torres 13. Dance To The Bop - Gene Vincent 14. Blues Train To Hell - Foggy Mountain Rockers 15. Rock n Roll - Big Rumble 16. Cruise Inn Boogie - Chrome Daddies 17. The Shape I'm In - Johnny Restivo 18. Four O'Clock Baby - Darrell Rhodes 19. Jammin Granny - The Creepers 20. Ding Dong Darling - Carter Rays 21. All I Can Do Is Cry - The Blue cats 22. Ghost Of Casey Jones - Rod Morris 23. 200 Miles - Danny Wild 24. Cat Talkin - The Slippers 25. Better Believe It - The Kingsmen 26. Lonesome For A Letter - Sanford Clark 27. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Another great show Spinning Man! If you have any future requests or comments or would like to send a hello to Spinning Rock Boogie you can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4626
Dave is back this week with another great set of rarities you just don't hear on terrestrial radio anymore. And rarely when it was new! See if any of these songs might jar a happy memory or two!
Unfortunately we have no playlist for this show.
If you would like to welcome Dave or say hello or a future request on his show you can reach him at his Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4627!
Mike Bollea's Jukebox Party is just that -- A party of great oldies coming thru your speakers on your computer and it is definetly worth a listen. It's a mix of R&B, and 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll.
The Jukebox Party does not usually provide a playlist for their show but it does come in 2 parts.
============================================== TRIBUTE TO BOBBY BLUE BLAND PT. 2 WITH AL COOL DADDY SMITH ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4628
This show concludes my feature on the late great Blues and Soul Singer Bobby Blue Bland. A musical overview of his career is presented with tunes from the 1950's through to the late 1990's being played. Most recordings (but not all) are album cuts from some of the many albums that this great artist recorded over some six decades! Some reasons for his lack of mainstream success are presented as I move through the show. The play list appears somewhat abbreviated but the album cuts average around six minutes each.
The play list is as follows:
1. What A Difference A Day Makes-Bobby Blue Bland 1981 2. Let The Good Times Roll-Bobby Blue Bland/w B.B. King 1976 3. Cry Lover Cry-Bobby Blue Bland 1963 4. Double Trouble-Bobby Blue Bland 1995 5. Sad Street-Bobby Blue Bland 1995 6. Straight From The Shoulder-Bobby Blue Bland 1985 7. Members Only-Bobby Blue Bland 1985 8. Two Steps From The Blues-Bobby Blue Bland 1961 9. Donâ€™t Cry No More-Bobby Blue Bland/w B.B. King 1974 10.Up And Down World-Bobby Blue Bland 1974 11.Get Your Money Where You Spend Your Time-Bobby Blue Bland 1987 12. Memphis Monday Morning-Bobby Blue Bland 1998 13. I Smell Trouble-Bobby Blue Bland 1958 14. Someday-Bobby Blue Bland 1959
Another great series of a R&B great Al! and we look forward to hearing them. If you have any requests or comments for The Cool Daddy up there in Studio C. You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== SEVERAL DOO WOP LINKS CAN BE FOUND IN OUR DOO WOP WEBPAGE HERE AT ROCK-IT RADIO
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE FROM THE UK WITH MORE OF THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4629
Spinning Rock Boogie is back with another programme in the series "Regional Round-Up" where in each show a particular "State" of America is featured. In this show it's the State of Ohio that is featured with some of the record labels that came out of that State, with the artists who recorded on them and the towns and cities where the record labels were situated. In the show, Rock and Roll, Rockabilly, Doo Wop and Ballads are all featured, so climb aboard the Rocket, sit back, buckle up and enjoy a trip to the State of Ohio.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Cool Disc Jockey - Boyd Bennett & His Rockets (59) King - Cincinnati 03. Go Slow Fatso - Bobby Rudledge (57) Zipp - Akron 04. Washing Machine Boogie - Bill Browning & His Echo Valley Boys (57) Island - Cleveland 05. Sugar Plum - Beverly Bea (61) New Song - Toledo 06. I Build A Wall Around My Heart - Bobby Boyle (63) Roy - Newbury 07. I Don't Wanna Leave - Deacon & The Rock & Rollers (59) Nau Voo - West Portsmouth 08. Good Looking And Foxy Too - Roy Brown (59) King - Cincinnati 09. Red Hot Love - The Charms (58) Deluxe - Cincinnati 10. Hug A Little Kiss A Little - The Lamplighters (55) Federal - Cincinnati 11. Flip Kitten - Pat Patton & His Orchestra (56) King - Cincinnati 12. I'd Love To Take You Walking - Little Denny & The Torkays (61) Perry - Port Clinton 13. Don't Make Me Cry - Tom & Jack (62) Bryte - Newbury 14. Rock And Roll Baby - The Round Up Boys (60) Hark - Marion 15. Jo Jo Rock And Roll - Amon Greer (66) Jewel - Mt Healthy 16. You're The Answer - Dale Wright & The Wright Guys (58) Fraternity - Cincinnati 17. Just Another Lie - Jackie Shannon & The Cajuns (59) Fraternity - Cincinnati 18. Rain Silver Dollar - Bing Day (56) Fraternity - Cincinnati 19. Moonrise - The Midnighters (54) Federal - Cincinnati 20. I'm Waiting Just For You - Annisteen Allen & The Lucky Millinder Orchestra (51) King - Cincinnati 21. Tell The World - The Platters (54) Federal - Cincinnati 22. Rockin' Old Man - The Charmaines (61) Fraternity - Cincinnati 23. Love Struck - Rusty York (61) King - Cincinnati 24. I Love The Way She Laughs - Jack Larson (61) Fraternity - Cincinnati 25. Whoa-Ho - Kitty & Clay (61) King - Cincinnati 26. Southland Boogie - Cletis Lilly (61) Pattie - Cleveland 27. Are You The One - James Gallagher (59) B & G - Toledo 28. Bop Guitar - Frankie & Margie (58) Warwick Music Corp - Cleveland 29. Teenage Hop - Lee Slaughters & The Cumberland Play Boys (59) Jay - Sidney 30. Boogie Rock - Connie & The Cytations (55) Town & Country - Toledo 31. I Missed The Workhouse - Bill Watkins (59) Lucky - Cincinnati 32. Outro - Medley
Another great show Spinning Man! If you have any future requests or comments or would like to send a hello to Spinning Rock Boogie you can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more -- We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it Radio. You can find it at:
SPECIAL: 15TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4589
It's time for the annual East/West Showdown on Rock-it Radio. For the 15th consecutive year, Bill Green (from Rock & Roll Retrospective) and Lane Quigley (from The Memory Lane Show) join forces to do battle to determine which coast reigns supreme. In past years, the West has seven wins, the East has notched six victories, and there was one draw. You get to decide this year's outcome -- and when you vote, you will become eligible for prizes courtesy of Bennie Dingo and the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad.
If you're new to the Showdown, here is how it works. As you listen to this entertaining two-hour program, write down round-by-round your favorite song. At the end, you will then send in your vote. It's that simple. You can copy-and-paste the playlist below and use it for your ballot.
ballot received will be placed into a drawing, and at the end of the
month five lucky winners will be selected to win prizes from the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad.
The show will air throughout the entire month of July, and the polls will close at 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 31. Don't forget to email your votes before the deadline. Lane
and Bill see every ballot, and they always enjoy your comments on the
show, including your reasons for voting for the songs. Listen,
enjoy, send in your ballot to Vote@RockitRadio.net and good luck!!
ROUND 1: BI-COASTAL [ ] WEST: Dirty Water - The Standells 1966 [ ] EAST: California Nights - Lesley Gore 1967
ROUND 2: SECOND TIME AROUND [ ] WEST: You Cheated - The Shields 1958 [ ] EAST: Dedicated To The One I Love - The Shirelles 1959/61
ROUND 3: I'VE HEARD THAT LICK BEFORE [ ] WEST: The Fool - Sanford Clark 1956 [ ] EAST: Down In The Boondocks - Billy Joe Royal 1965
ROUND 4: ISN'T THAT STRANGE? [ ] WEST: Strange Love - The Native Boys 1956 [ ] EAST: Strange Feeling - Billy Steward 1963
ROUND 5: DIGGIN' THE SAX MAN [ ] WEST: Riot In Cell Block #9 - The Robins (Gil Bernal) 1954 [ ] EAST: Charlie Brown - The Coasters (King Curtis) 1959
ROUND 6: BACKING TRACKS? [ ] WEST: Where Lovers Go - The Jaguars 1964 [ ] EAST: Do Do Do Bah Ah - Bert Keyes 1965
ROUND 7: SAME DAY, DIFFERENT COAST [ ] WEST: If a Man Answers - Bobby Darin 1962 [ ] EAST: Friendly Loans - The Marcels 1962
ROUND 8: WHO'S ON THAT RECORD? [ ] WEST: Desire - The Trophies 1962 [ ] EAST: Need You - Johnny Jack 1962
ROUND 9: THE HOTTEST NIGHT CLUB IN TOWN [ ] WEST: Seventh Son - Johnny Rivers 1965 [ ] EAST: Shout - Joey Dee & The Starlighters 1962
ROUND 10: IT'S A CRIME [ ] WEST: Uh Oh I'm Falling In Love Again - Jimmie Rodgers 1958 [ ] EAST: I'm So Lonely (What Will I Do)? - Shane Sheppard 1960
ROUND 11: GEORGIA (GIBBS) ON MY MIND [ ] WEST: Roll With Me Henry - Etta James 1955 [ ] EAST: Tweedle Dee - Lavern Baker 1955
ROUND 12: ONE HIT WONDERS [ ] WEST: Love You So - Ron Holden & The Thunderbirds 1960 [ ] EAST: Let Me Go, Lover - Joan Weber 1955
So just cut and paste this ballot with your vote and send it off to the vote counters of Rock-it Radio at: firstname.lastname@example.org and have a chance to win some great prizes. And what a great milestone and hard to believe it has been 15 years since the first East vs. West Battle!
15th ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST BATTLE TO AIR IN JULY - YOUR CHANCE TO WIN PRIZES! It's that time of year again starting July 1st. Prizes will be drawn! To those that send in their votes and copy and paste the above ballot in this newsletter under Rock-it Radio show #4589. At the end of July -- Lane and Bill will randomly draw 5 winners to those that had voted. And will relay the e mail addresses to Rock-it Radio main studio here. The following winners will be announced in the Listener's club newsletter and here are the prizes and contacted via E mail.
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 5 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it
Store. And a vintage Radio show of their choice from the Rock-it Radio
Lauching Pad Store.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show. And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast.
results of the tallying of you the Rock-it Radio Listener's that vote
will be posted in the Rock-it Radio newsletter in the first week of
August. If you are not a member of the Rock-it Radio Listener's club and
would like to join ... just go to our main webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net And
click to the banner towards the top of the page asking you to join.
It's free and we don't give out your e mail address and we don't
spam.... Happy Voting everyone! Here this the ballot and playlist below.
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
THANK YOU RENATO Z. OF GOOGLE!!!! For months we have tried to figure out how to get ads back on Google for Rock-it Radio. So, we thought we would try one last time to restart a advertising campaign. Our account was on hold and we had no idea why? It appears we had too much advertising on our main page to Google's liking. We took off a bunch of the advertising this past week and with the thanks to Renato Z. of Google we are back to advertising with them. He helped us step by step thru the Google maze and we are very much appreciative to him. And a credit to him that there are those that will follow thru until the job is done! Something we had not been able to achieve with Google until now thanks to him. Thank you Renato! So, that we can continue to promote our little station and preserve oldies Rock and Roll here at Rock-it Radio.
MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED. YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from July 23, 2013 to July 27, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Brian Beatley - Newcastle on Tyne, United Kingdom Jose Martinez -- San Juan Capistrano, California USA
And 12 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of
new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,980 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 7/27/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 2. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 3. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 4. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 5. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 6. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 7. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 8. RIR #114 -- Alan Freed WABC New York 11/5/1959 9. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor Ontario Canada 7/22/1967 10. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 7/27/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 206 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. France +0 5. Brazil +7 6. Germany -1 7. Italy -1 8. Australia -1 9. Philippines -1 10. Netherlands +0 11. Mexico -2 12. Japan +1 13. Spain +1 14. Russia +1 15. Sweden +1 16. Belgium +2 17. Argentina -6 18. Finland +1 19. Saudi Arabia +2 20. Switzerland +0 21. India +2 22. Czech Republic +7 23. Poland +1 24. Morocco +2 25. Hungary -6 26. Ireland +6 27. Austria +8 28. Romania +0 29. Serbia -4 30. Ukraine +1 31. Singapore -4 32. Peru +7 33. Thailand +4 34. Greece -2 35. Malaysia -4 36. South Africa +5 37. New Zealand +7 38. Slovakia +5 39. Norway -4 40. Denmark -4 41. Portugal +0 42. Colombia +3 43. Bulgaria -3 44. Pakistan +5 45. Indonesia -33! 46. Chile +1 47. Puerto Rico +15 48. United Arab Emirates -5 49. Croatia +6 50. Costa Rica +21
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO 1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Florida +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. New Jersey +0 6. Washington +0 7. Texas +0 8. Maryland +0 9. Massachusetts +0 10. Illinois +0 11. Virginia +0 12. Indiana +0 13. Missouri +0 14. Michigan +0 15. Ohio +1 16. Kansas +2 17. North Carolina +0 18. Oregon -3 19. Tennessee +1 20. Arizona +2 21. Connecticut +0 22. Alabama -4 23. Colorado +0 24. South Carolina +1 25. Iowa +1 26. Kentucky +2 27. Nevada +3 28. Georgia -4 29. Louisiana -4 30. Wisconsin -2 31. Delaware +0 32. Idaho +0 33. Utah +3 34. Nebraska -1 35. Rhode Island -1 36. Minnesota +1 37. Oklahoma +3 38. West Virginia -5 39. District of Columbia -1 40. New Hampshire +3 41. Hawaii -2 42. Mississippi -3 43. Arkansas -5 44. Maine +2 45. Wyoming +0 46. New Mexico -2 47. Vermont +0 48. Montana +1 49. South Dakota -1 50. Alaska +0 51. North Dakota +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!