As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Friday, May 2, 2014
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4870 to #4877
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
This week we have eight new shows online plus as we celebrate this month as our 19th year of existance. We have are starting a couple of new Give away programs to our members of our Listeners Club. A retirement of one of our DJ's and improvement on the Launching Pad website.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
OTTO FUCHS AND THE ROCKIN' THE JOINT SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4870
From his studios in Baden, Austria Otto Fuchs returns with more Rockabilly and the Rockin' The Joint Show. Below is the playlist of what you will hear when you click to the speaker next to show #4870.
01. That's The Way I Feel - Johnny Burnette 02. I Cried - Johnnie Allan 03. Honey Love -- Bunny Paul 04. Dream Girl -- The Billys 05. Born To Be A Rolling Stone -- Gene Vincent 06. One Minute To One -- Eddie Cochran 07. Just Like Eddie -- Heinz 08. Lonesome Tears -- Buddy Holly 09. Tribute To Buddy Holly -- Mike Berry 10. Action Packed -- Ronnie Dawson 11. She Said -- Hasil Adkins 12. Wondrous Place -- Billy Fury 13. Bad Boy -- Marty Wilde 14. Dream Lover -- Cliff Richard 15. Strings Of Gitarro -- Ersel Hickey 16. When ItÂ´s Springtime In Alaska -- Johnny Horton 17. Kathleen -- Glen Glenn 18. Going Up The Country -- Kitty, Daisy & Lewis 19. When My Baby Left Me -- Sid King & The Five Strings 20. RockinÂ´ Jerry Lee -- Jerry Lee Lewis 21. Lana -- Roy Orbison 22. A Thing Called Love -- Elvis Presley 23. Ebony Eyes -- Jimmy Ellis aka Orion 24. Baby I´Don't Care -- Travis LeDoyt 25. Kawliga -- Carl Perkins 26. That Sounds Like Fun -- Darrell Higham & Slim Jim Phantom 27. So Right Tonight -- Bill Haley & His Comets
Thanks Otto for another Rockin' Show. Otto is very active in the European Rockabilly Scene and if you would like to contact him with any requests or comments or dedications you can at: email@example.com
============================================== KEN STRANGE AND THE COUNTRY RECORD ROUND UP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4871
Join Ken Strange for another delv into the archives of country music from right across the board. As well as plenty of singles and album tracks from the 50's - 00's, Ken also brings you his regular feature, Duos & Duets. So, let's head off to those wide open spaces for a country record round-up.
01. Intro - Medley 02. There's Nothing Like A Good Ol' Country Song - Boxcar Willie (81) Mainstreet 03. Johnny Overload - Howard Perkins (69) Juke 04. Somebody Hold Me Until He Passes - Tammy Wynette (82) Epic 05. Two Young Fools In Love - Barbara Pittman (57) Phillips International 06. Bar Room Habits - Wayne Kemp (69) Decca 07. Pony Express - Bill Carter (60) Showboat 08. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett (77) ABC 09. Ain't Nothin' Like - Brad Paisley (03) Arista-Nashville 10. Good Ol' Boys Like Me - Don Williams (80) MCA 11. It Keeps Right On A Hurtin' - Billy Joe Royal (87) Atlantic 12. When It Rains - Gretchen Wilson (04) Epic 13. Bigger Windows - Terri Clark (05) Mercury 14. Would You Mind - Al Barkle & His Trail Blazers (52) Polkaland 15. City Lovin' Country Style - Donna Chrysler (59) Colt 45 16. Chocolate Ice Cream Cone - Rose Maddox (59) Capitol 17. I Know I Can't Forget You But I'll Try - The Miller Sisters (56) Sun 18. After The Fire - Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn (71) Decca 19. I'm A Millionaire - The Tennessee Harmony Boys (60) Fortune 20. That's The Way Love Goes - Merle Haggard & Jewel (99) BNA 21. It's Goodbye And So Long - Dusty Owens & Donna Darlene (56) Admiral 22. My Baby Thinks She's A Train - The Dean Brothers (11) Deansville 23. The Rhumba Boogie - Hank Snow (51) RCA-Victor 24. My Love Will Not Change - Hal Ketchum (03) Curd 25. Outro - Medley
Ken started this series of shows to add a extra Genre of music here on Rock-it Radio. We sincerely hope you enjoy it! If you have any comments or dedications or would just like to say hello you can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY SHOW - SWING MUSIC SPECIAL ON ROCK-IT SHOW #4872
From his studios not far from London, UK - Jackie Bond is back with another rockin' show of Rockabilly music. Check out this awesome playlist and tune in!
1. Rock Crazy Baby - Art Adams 2. Rock and Roll Music - Chuck Berry 3. Bottle To The Baby - Charlie Feathers 4. See You Soon Baboon - Dale Hawkins 5. Love My Baby - Hayden Thompson 6. I'm Going Home - Cliff Edmonds 7. Gonna Rock Tonight - Eddie Bond 8. Didnt It Rock - Dwight Pullen 9. I Was There When It Happened - Johnny Powers 10. Modern Don Juan - The Kingcats 11. Apron Strings - Marty Wilde 12. Promised Land - Micke Muster 13. Babys Gone - Ray Sharpe 14. Mystery Train - Rick Nelson 15. Redneck Crowd - Rayburn Anthony 16. Aint I A Dandy - Ronnie Self 17. Move On - Roy Hall 18. Sea Cruise - Sonny Burgess 19. Cruise In The Drive In - Sue Moreno and Marco Di Maggio 20. Blackberry Boogie - Tennessee Ernie Ford 21. The Way I Walk - Jack Scott 22. Do Me No Wrong - Warren Scott and The Memphis Playboys 23. Rockin Daddy - Whirlwind 24. Jive After Five - Carl Perkins 25. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
Thanks Jackie for another great show on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to write to Jackie with any comments, future requests or just to tip your hat and say Hello. You can reach him via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY & THE MEMORY LANE SHOW WITH BITCHIN' BACK SIDES ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4873
THE MEMORY LANE SHOW PRESENTS BITCHIN' BACKSIDES - LANE QUIGLEY PLAYS GREAT FLIP SIDES OF TOP 10 HITS
Ever since he started collecting records in the 50's, and long before he began hosting the original Memory Lane Show in the 60's, Lane Quigley always admired bitchin' backsides. When he bought those old 45's, he would flip them over to check out the B-sides, and often uncovered a hidden gem. On this week's Memory Lane Show, Lane spins some of his favorite flips. The criteria for this week's playlist is as follows: the other side was a top 10 hit; the backside did not make the Hot 100 chart; and most importantly, it's a bitchin' record. See if you agree that these backsides were all good enough to have been hits.
1. It'll Be Me - Jerry Lee Lewis (flip: Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On) 1957 2. That Is Rock & Roll - The Coasters (flip: Along Came Jones) 1959 SOUND BITE 3. Unbelievable Guy - Diane Renay (flip: Navy Blue) 1964 4. Connie-O - The Four Seasons (flip: Big Girls Don't Cry) 1962 5. I'll Try - Conway Twitty (flip: It's Only Make Believe) 1958 SOUND BITE 6. Just My Baby and Me - Clarence 'Frogman' Henry (flip: But I Do) 1961 7. She's My Summer Girl - Jan & Dean (flip: Surf City) 1963 8. Honey Chile - Fats Domino (flip: Blueberry Hill) 1956 SOUND BITE 9. Sometimes - Danny & The Juniors (flip: At The Hop) 1957 10. Whatever Makes You Happy - The Miracles (flip: Mickey's Monkey) 1963 SOUND BITES 11. Everyday - Buddy Holly (flip: Peggy Sue) 1957 12. Leave Me Be - The Zombies (flip: Tell Her No) 1965 SOUND BITE 13. June July & August - Freddy Cannon (flip: Palisades Park) 1962 14. Honey Don't - Carl Perkins (flip: Blue Suede Shoes) 1956 SOUND BITE 15. The Queen - The Rip Chords (flip: Hey Little Cobra) 1963 16. Bella Dalena - The Marketts (flip: Out of Limits) 1963-64 17. Daddy Cool - The Diamonds (flip: Silhouettes) 1957-58 SOUND BITE 18. Hey Senorita - The Penguins (flip: Earth Angel) 1954-55 19. Let Him Run Wild - The Beach Boys (flip: California Girls) 1965 20. Around and Around - Chuck Berry (flip: Johnny B. Goode) 1958 21. Two Can Have a Party - Marvin & Tammi (flip: You're All I Need To Get By) 1968 SOUND BITE 22. My Baby's Gone On, On - Johnnie & Joe (flip: Over The Mountain, Across The Sea) 1957 23. Lover Boy - Dee Dee Sharp (flip: Do The Bird) 1963 24. Make It Easy On Yourself - Little Anthony & The Imperials (flip: Goin' Out of My Head) 1964
Thanks Lane for another great musical memory of yesteryear. If you have any future requests, or comments or would like to just say Hello to Lane you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== Make sure to catch our next show of Memory Lane Quigley as it will begin the Series of the 50 Year High School Reunion - The Class of 1964 a 4 part series. Being Released tomorrow as show #4878.
============================================== PETE CHASTON'S DOO WOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4878
From his studios in Kearney, Missouri - Pete is back this week spinning the Doo Wop music of the 50s and 60s. If you love Doo Wop don't miss this show. From the Scratchy 45 Segment to the Silly Song Segment. It's sure to bring a smile to your face. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Little Girl of Mine-The Cleftones (1956) 3. Trickle, Trickle-The Videos (1958) 4. Trickle, Trickle-The Manhattan Transfer (1979) 5. Up On the Mountain-The Magnificents (1956) 6. Don't Leave Me-The Magnificents (1958) 7. Let's Do the Cha-Cha-The Magnificents (1960) 8. Lonely Drifter-The O'Jays (1963) 9. Stars in the Sky-The Channels (1956) 10. Whoa, Mabel-The Enchanters (1957)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. There's Something on Your Mind-Part 2-Bobby Marchan (xxxx) 12. Friendly Loans-The Marcels (1962)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Gunslinger-Bo Diddley (1960) 14. Peg O'My Heart-The Trophies (1961) 15. Please Let Me Love You-The Legends of Doo-Wop (circa 2001) 16. Suspicious of You, Baby-The Dolls (1958)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. I Wanna Be the Leader-The Marcels (1963) 18. I Got Fired-The Mistakes (1961) 19. Shimmy Like Kate-The Olympics (1960)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
20. So Long Baby-The Marvelettes (1960) 21. The Rain-The Markees (1955) 22. Mio Amore-The Flamingos (1960) 23. Blue Velvet-The Moonglows (1956) 24. Golden Angel-The Montclairs (1957) 25. Yesterday's Memories-The Mellows (1955)
26. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
If you have a favorite Doo Wop you would like to hear or would just like to say Hello you can reach Pete via e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== THE ROCK-IT RADIO PAGE DEDICATED TO DOO WOP
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE AND THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON MICHIGAN ROCKABILLY ON SHOW #4875
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP # 17 - MICHIGAN PT 1"
Join DJ Spinning Rock Boogie for another musical trip around a selected State of America, with some of the record labels out of that State, the towns and cities where those labels were situated and of course the artists who recorded on them. This show features the State of Michigan with Rockabilly, Jump Blues, rocking Instrumentals, Soul, and the regular Smooch Spot. A lot of people think of Michigan as only having one major music city, which to them is Detroit and the Tamla Motown label. Apart from Tamla, yes a lot of good music did come out of Detroit, so for the porposes of this show, I've deliberately not included any Motown (I could put together at least a dozen shows on just Motown) but some soul out of Detroit on other labels as well as music from right across the State. So, climbe aboard the Rocket, sit back, buckle up, and let's go on a regional round-up to the State of Michigan.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Baby Why Did You Have To Go - Bob & The Rockabillies (58) Blue-Chip - Lansing 03. Three Alley Cats - Roy Hall (65) Hi-Q - Detroit 04. Connie Lou - Ray Taylor & The Alabama Pals (59) Clix - Troy 05. Rock And Roll Rock - Roy kelly (61) Mail Call - Pontiac 06. Walkin' Talkin' Baby Doll - The three Ramblers (58) Ozark - Sault Sainte Marie 07. Don't Destroy Me - Carol Jones (68) Mutt - Inkster 08. Whole Lotta Shaking Going On - The Tremolons (65) Wildwood - Burton Harbor 09. Ride That Train - Leon James (58) Bumble Bee - Detroit 10. Cool Cool Baby - Lafayette Yarborough (58) Bart - Detroit 11. Long Tall Lou From Louisville - Peter De Bree (58) Fortune - Detroit 12. It's All Your Fault - Farris Wilder & His Band (57) Hi-Q - Detroit 13. Oh My Linda - Pat La Rose & The Thunder Rocks (61) Sabre - Detroit 14. Long Blonde Hair Red Rose Lips - Johnny Powers & His Rockets (57) Fox - Detroit 15. Four walls And A Radio - The Chanels (64) Mag - Detroit 16. It's Gonna Be A Tragedy - Dusty Wilson & The Corals (65) Mutt - Inkster 17. Rosanna - The Capreez (66) Sound - New Haven 18. Black And Blue (instrumental) - The Gigolos (61) Broadway - Detroit 19. This Is The Way Of Love - Nelson Saunders (65) Petcol - Detroit 20. I'll Be Oh So Good - Velma Cross & Her High Steppers (61) Fine Art - Detroit 21. Pretty Baby - The Primettes (60) LuPine - Detroit 22. Tell Me Why - George Brady & The Kingsmen (61) Happy Hearts - Wayne 23. Rockin' Daddy - Lee Dorn & The Rhythm Rockers (63) Ranger - Clio 24. Hound Dog Boogie - The Hound Dogs (?) Hound Dog - Royal Oaks 25. Big Bad Wolfe - Clinton O'Neal & The Country Drifters (?) Drifter - Imlay City 26. Wild Caten (instrumental) - The D&S Wildcats (65) Dixon Sound - Ecorse 27. Little Joe's Rock (instrumental) - Stan D. Rockets (59) Clix - Troy 28. Love Bug Crawl - Jim Bullington (57) Wednesday - Flint 29. Outro - Medley
OK Gang if you want some first time heard Rockabilly that we challenge any other station play these rarities! Check them out you won't be disappointed. If you would like to write to DJ Spinning Rock Boogie you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== CLARKE JAMES (CJ THE DJ) AND THE ROCKIN ROLLIN RECORD REVIEW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4876
Come join our newest Rock-it Radio DJ CJ the DJ as he spins those favorites from the 50s and early 60s. It's a great mix of music that Clarke brings to your ears and worth the listen. Your ears will thank you! Here is the playlist to show #4876!
1. Intro. Stack-A-Records (Partial) -- Tom Tall 2. The Magic Kiss -- The Keystoners 3. Ride Along -- The Tempo-Tones 4. Little Bitty Girl -- Bobby Rydell 5. Somebody Nobody Wants -- Dion 6. Heaven And Paradise -- The Chants 7. I Dream Of You Night After Night -- The Senders 8. Rock Me My Baby -- The Crickets 9. If You Can't Rock Me -- The Strikes 10. Joanie -- The Bay Bops 11. The Street -- Terry & The Tunisians 12. Listen Kitten -- Freddie Neil & Friends 13. Good For Nothin' -- Scott Engel 14. Laundromat Blues -- The 5 Royales 15. Leader Of The Laundromat -- The Detergents 16. The Diary -- Neil Sedaka 17. The Real Thing -- The Newton Brothers Featuring Wayne Newton 18. Workout -- The Journeymen 19. Scrapbook Twist -- Judy Jae And The Moonglows 20. Start Light, Star Bright -- Jackie Johnson 21. Love Me -- The Suburbans 22. I Only Want You -- The Passions 23. Come On -- Herman Willis 24. Do-Wah-Diddy -- The Exciters 25. Heâ€™s Coming Home -- Carole Bennett With The Satisfiers 26. Number One Man -- Bruce Channel 27. Crazy With Love -- Guy Mitchell 28. That's How Much I Love You -- J. Frank Wilson & The Cavaliers 29. Jennie Lee-- Jan & Arnie 30. The Big Beat -- Fats Domino 31. Memories Of Love -- Linda And The Epics 32. Can't Help Falling In Love With You -- The Crystalairs
If you would like to Welcome CJ aboard here on Rock-it Radio or have any comments or future requests in his show. You can reach him at: email@example.com
============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4877
It's time for great sounding Doo Wop! And Cool Bobby B is here to bring it to you! Rock-it Radio is proud to be the premiere internet provider for the Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop. Here is the playlist of this week's show. Good things are happening here at Rock-it Radio as we are happy to announce that Cool Bobby B is now being played all 3 hours since starting last month here on Rock-it Radio.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (opening theme) 2. Won't you let me know -- King Crooners 3. Dreams -- The Volumes 4. Ding Dong Honeymoon -- The Cheerios 5. Smoke from your Cigarette -- Lillian Leach & Mellows 6. It'll be easy -- The Sultans 7. Lover Doll -- Norman Fox & Rob Roys 8. Puddin 'N Tain -- Alley Cats 9. You'll never walk alone -- Johnny Maestro 10. Oh Rosemarie -- The Fascinators 11. Without Love -- Clyde McPhatter 12. That's my desire -- Dion & The Belmonts 13. My True Story -- Jive 5 14. Ginny -- The Duprees 15. Morse code of love -- The Capris 16. Please don't ask me to be lonely -- The Dubs 17. Hot Dog dooly wah -- The Pyramids 18. Oh what a night -- The Dells 19. Sweet was the wine -- The Marcels
20. Mio Amore -- The Flamingos 21. Memories of you -- The Harptones 22. Your way -- The Heartbeats 23. Don't fly away -- Jan and Dean 24. Gee but I'd give the world -- The Crests 25. 6 Nights a week -- The Crests 26. That day will never come -- The Parktowns 27. Rainy day bells -- The Globetrotters 28. Moonlight Cocktails -- The Rivieras 29. Have you heard -- The Duprees 30. Let's be lovers -- The Starglows 31. For your precious love -- Jerry Butler & Impressions 32. Tears on my pillow -- Little Anthony & Imperials 33. Angel Baby -- Rosie & Originals 34. Boy from New York City -- Ad Libs 35. 7 wonders of the world -- The Keytones 36. I wanna love him so bad -- The Jelly Beans 37. My Prayer -- The Platters 38. Stormy Weather -- Magnificent Man
39. 11th hour melody -- The Rivieras 40. El Dorado -- The Rivieras 41. Kiss me -- The Scarletts 42. I'll never pass this way again -- The Duprees 43. Over the Rainbow -- The Demensions 44. Here am I (broken hearted) -- The 4 J's 45. Down in Mexico -- The Nutmegs 46. My Love has gone -- The Ladders 47. There's no one but you -- The Strollers 48. Honey Honey Honey -- The Challengers 49. Heart's Desire -- The Avalons 50. I die -- The Skyliners 51. What's wrong? -- The Avalons 52. Come back to me -- Sylvia & The Tuneweavers 53. Blue Velvet -- The Clovers 54. This Magic Moment -- The Drifters 55. In the Still of the Night -- 5 Satins 56. Goodnight baby -- The Imaginations
If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cool Bobby B has just updated his website of the Doo Wop Stop. Check it out by going to his bio. in our DJ page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/dj.html and click on the link to the Doo Wop Stop page.
============================================== COME CHECK OUT OUR ROCKABILLY WEBPAGE AT:
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list
100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
and let me know what you would like to have along with a mailing address
and we will got those items out to you. Just our way of saying Thank
you for helping support Rock-it Radio. And of course we will have August
drawings as well at the first week of next month.
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
NEW WEBSITE AND GIVEAWAYS ANNOUNCED FOR ROCK-IT RADIO. We have set up a new website to see what the benefits are to join the Rock-it Radio Listener's Club. And to commemorate our 19th Year this month of the beginning of Rock-it Radio. With every newsletter we will be announching Listener Club winners to win vintage Rock and Roll Radio shows or Rock-it Radio shows on CD. The Listener's choice. Each week we will draw the names of one new member from that week, and two other Listener Club members to win our drawings.
If you haven't yet and want to Join the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club Please check out our new website at: http://www.rockitradio.net/member.html
ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD WEBSITE ATTEMPTS EASIER NAVIGATION. We Realize that navigating thru the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad website is not easy with the 100's of vintage Rock and Roll Radio shows we have - so we tried to break it up a bit for our U.S. Listings. At the top of the site before the listings we have placed links to break it up a bit. You can now navigate straight to States from A-F ; G-M; N-R and S-W. (almost put S-Z but then quickly realized of course we no States beginning with X, Y, or Z.) you can come check it out at:http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
MEL VENTURES OF BACK IN TIME SHOW RETIRES FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. We are sad to announce the retirement of Mel Ventures of the Back in Time show has resigned from Rock-it Radio. Mel announced this past week that due to cut backs at the station he works at in Fresno, California he has had to enter other ventures that produced time restraints and unable to provide programming for Rock-it Radio. We currently have a couple of DJ's being juried right now for a replacement and hopefully will find a replacement for his show soon. As Program Manager Lane Quigley is listening to perspective new shows. In the mean time we wish Mel all the very best in his new endeavors and Good Health. It should be noted that it is a sad case in Terrestrial Radio in the U.S. right now as stations are cutting hours of their staff from full time to part time to save money on insurance and other additional costs.
DEBBIE SNOWDOVE NAMED DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF PROMOTIONS AT ROCK-IT RADIO. We are happy to announce that long time Rock-it Radio supporter Debbie Snowdove has been given the title of Deputy Director of Promotions and will assist in the Getting the Word out about Rock-it Radio! Debbie actually joined the Rock-it Radio team way back in 1998. And quickly took over as head of The venture of First Nations Broadcasting - The Sister Station of Rock-it Radio that provided online Native American programming. As the station became to much of a demand as Bennie Dingo was already working two jobs at the time.
First Nations Broadcasting also operates a Low Power FM outlet on the Karluk Indian Reservation on Kodiak Island, Alaska. That broadcasts Rock-it Radio programs over the weekend. We thank Debbie for stepping forward. If you would like to e mail her you can at: email@example.com
THE FIRST OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LISTENER CLUB GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENTS. Well as we previous mentioned we are starting this new giveaway program to say thanks to our Rock-it Radio Listener Club members. The following members have either won a Rock-it Radio show of their choice or a vintage Rock & Roll Radio Show from the 50s to the 70s in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. So insert Drumroll !!!!!
Our New Listener Club Member Giveaway Winner is:
Wilson Chuckar -- Birmingham, United Kingdom
Winners this week of theListener Club Member Giveaways are:
David Edwards -- Red Ditch, United Kingdom Gerald Hensley -- Richburg, South Carolina USA Roberta Helmer -- Manchester, New Hampshire USA If you are one of those people for this week's winners You have 7 days from the Newsletter release date to get back to us at Rock-it Radio at the e mail address of: firstname.lastname@example.org In the Subject line write -- "I am a Winner" and let us know what you would like to have as a gift from Rock-it Radio. Either a vintage radio broadcast from our Launching Pad - Go ahead and shop and let us know at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
or if you would prefer a Rock-it Radio Show on CD let us know the Show # of the show and we can do that too! Please also in your e mail to us provide a mailing address as well to send these new shows off too.
STEVE ARMSTRONG NAMED STATION ENGINEER OF POST FALLS, IDAHO 99.1 FM OUTLET OF ROCK-IT RADIO We
would also like to thank Steve Armstrong (Bennie Dingo's Nephew) as the
Station Engineer for the FM outlet of Rock-it Radio. Steve graduated
as a Electronic Engineer in Arizona some years ago and experienced in
many aspects of radio. And is filling a key role in the development of
our new station and set up here in Idaho. If you would like to check out our FM outlet website you can at: http://www.rockitradio.net/fm.html
COME REMEMBER WOLFMAN JACK !!! Rock-it
Radio has a very special way to remember Wolfman Jack. Arguably the
most iconic of American DJ's. Come check out the Rock-it Radio Wolfman
FINDING ROCK-IT RADIO ON THE 'TUNE IN RADIO' CELL PHONE APP. We
have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't find us on
the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and PC and iphones. Running
a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually list 100s of Rock stations.
So, the best way to find us on this very thorough and extensive app.
that I love using myself is - run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find Rock-it Radio listed. Our Tune in Radio App. webpage is also at: http://tunein.com/station/?stationId=41878
TRIBUTE TO THE CLASS OF 1964 IS COMING IN A FEW HOURS
Every year Rock-it Radio's Program Director Lane Quigley does a tribute to a 50 year Class Reunion. Well this year it will of course feature the Class of 1964! But this year it is going to be a special one and will air in April and May as a 4 or 5 part special! All the big and not so big hits from 1964! Keen an eye out for it and make sure to tell your friends as well. It was originally planned to be released in April but we fell a bit behind but will be airing in the first week of May. Update: Part I is going to be released in a few hours as show #4878 in our program webpage about 2 hours after the release of this newsletter. Make sure to look for it at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
Where is Matt the Cat ???????? We
have been getting a lot of e mail asking where Matt the Cat host of The
Juke in the Back show here on Rock-it Radio. Well happy to report that
Matt is fine and starting a new chapter in his life. Matt has
purchased a Bed and Breakfast in Salem, Massachusetts. Yes the same
place where witches come from! (Supposedly :P ) He has been busy
getting the B&B fixed up and ready to go. But as soon as that is
done we are hoping for a return to his programs in the next couple of
COOL NEW ROCKABILLY INTERACTIVE SITE FROM IRELAND CHECK OUT CATTYTOWN.COM ! A couple of week's ago a rockabilly cat by the name of Eamonn Doyle contacted me and asked me if I would like Rock-it Radio listed in Catty Town? Well we are always out to get extra exposure for the Rock-it! He was kind enough to build us a page on there and this past weekend I was totally impressed with the work he has put into this website. Tons of information of the Rockabilly scene worldwide! We recommend it highly! It's free and all the work he has put into his site should receive total recognition. Come Check it out!!! http://www.cattytown.com
VINTAGE VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK
For the week of 2 May, 2014 This week in our archives page at:
This week: The Crystals and the #1 hit for 1962 -- He's a Rebel.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
============================================ ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD PLEA FROM ROCK-IT RADIO. Rock-it Radio is publicly supported and we rely on purchases from our Launching Pad for us to pay our bills from copyright to bandwidth.
We don't ask something for nothing. Every donation from the Rock-it Radio Launching pad you will receive a vintage Rock and Roll broadcast of your choice from the 50s thru the 70s and we have 100s to choose from. I know many of you save our shows on mp3 and we allow that and glad that you can do that. But we kindly ask for your support as well. Here are the links that help Rock-it Radio.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from April 25, 2014 to
May 2, 2014. We hope
that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists and
information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: email@example.com
Coffeebird 2 -- ?? Robin Smith -- Worthing, United Kingdom P. Dawson -- ?? Jack Friesen -- Ontario, Canada (returning with a new e mail address) Jim Makowski -- Buffalo, New York USA Wilson Chuckar -- Birmingham, United Kingdom
And 12 that have joined us on Twitter. Making a total of 51 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 70,890 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many inquiries on how to
order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our on archives
webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed to you within
24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older shows that
you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it Radio blog
site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists
Then you may either pay by check or money
order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50 U.S. each and are
studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact Disc here at the
Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping charge of $1.50
U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only $1.50
U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide,
overseas orders are mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where
to send payment is at our webpage:
When you order a Rock-it Radio show or
shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep these oldies alive
and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio.
the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
ROCK-IT RADIO STAFF NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 5/2/2014
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #176 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/14/1960 2. RIR #606 -- History of Rock & Roll - 38 CD Set from 1969 3. RIR #205 -- Porky Chedwick WAMO Pittsburgh 6/16/1960 4. RIR #220 -- Larry Lujack - WLS Chicago 12/28/1968 5. RIR #127 -- Alan Freed 1956 Rock & Roll Dance Party show 6. RIR #407 -- John Peel Radio London Pirate 7/16/1967 7. RIR #267 -- Arnie Woo Woo Ginsburg - WMEX Boston 12/12/1965 8. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 9. RIR #168 -- Dan Ingram - WABC New York 7/22/1967 10. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 4/24/2014
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 207 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +1 3. Brazil -1 4. Canada +0 5. Germany +0 6. Hungary +1 7. France -1 8. Croatia +3 9. Spain +0 10. Australia -2 11. Argentina +1 12. Mexico -1 13. Netherlands +0 14. Japan +1 15. Sweden -1 16. Italy +2 17. Philippines -1 18. Austria -2 19. Colombia +1 20. Peru -1 21. South Africa +2 22. Russia -1 23. Ireland +2 24. Switzerland -3 25. Belgium -1 26. Chile +1 27. Indonesia -1 28. Finland +0 29. New Zealand +1 30. Greece +3 31. Thailand +0 32. Norway +4 33. Poland -4 34. China +0 35. Guatemala +3 36. Czech Republic +1 37. India -5 38. Slovakia -3 39. Romania +9 40. Denmark +3 41. Dominican Republic -2 42. Malaysia +4 43. Saudi Arabia -8 44. Portugal +0 45. Paraguay -2 46. Bolivia -1 47. Turkey -5 48. Costa Rica -1 49. Serbia +6 50. Singapore +3
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. Florida +1 3. Pennsylvania -1 4. New York +0 5. Texas +0 6. New Jersey +0 7. Washington +0 8. Ohio +0 9. Massachusetts +0 10. Illinois +0 11. Michigan +1 12. North Carolina -1 13. Wisconsin +3 14. Missouri +0 15. Arizona -2 16. Virginia -1 17. Georgia +0 18. Maryland +2 19. Oregon -1 20. Tennessee -1 21. Indiana +2 22. Alabama -1 23. Colorado -1 24. Kentucky +1 25. Connecticut -1 26. Rhode Island +2 27. Kansas -1 28. South Carolina +1 29. Delaware +2 30. Minnesota -4 31. Oklahoma +4 32. West Virginia -1 33. Nevada -1 34. Arkansas +0 35. Idaho +2 36. Louisiana -3 37. Utah +1 38. Iowa -3 39. New Mexico +1 40. New Hampshire -1 41. Nebraska +1 42. Missisippi +1 43. Maine +2 44. District of Columbia -4 45. Wyoming +2 46. Montana -3 47. Vermont -1 48. Hawaii +0 49. North Dakota +1 50. South Dakota -1 51. Alaska +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!