As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Sunday, July 7, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4590 to #4600
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Another week has gone by and our 4th of July weekend is coming to an end here in the U.S. We do have another new 11 new Rock-it Radio shows. Don't forget also this month the 15th Annual East Coast vs. West Coast oldies battle is going on in show #4589. And we have just completed another small milestone of our 4600th show this week.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE SHOW TO THE TRENIERS IN ROCK-IT SHOW #4590
There were so many influential Rhythm & Blues artists who had a great impact on the development of Rock n' Roll, but were never able to profit from the new genre they helped to create. The Treniers were just one such group. Their core were the twins Cliff and Claude Trenier, who were later joined by their younger brothers Milt and Buddy. Their sound formed a great bridge from the swing bands of the 1940s to the rock n' roll jump combos of the early '50s. Matt The Cat digs up Claude Trenier's first records as a vocalist for The Jimmie Lunceford Orchestra as well as some early singles for the legendary Charles Mingus. We'll dig into The Trenier Twins' early sides for Mercury Records and then rock, roll and swing to their hep sides for the Okeh label. The Treniers only scored one national R&B hit, but they left their mark on the new music they helped to create and popularize; Rock n' Roll. The Treniers' story lights up this week's "Juke In The Back" with Matt The Cat.
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. That Someone Must Be You - Jimmie Lunceford Orchestra - Decca 1944 3. Young Man's Blues Pt. 1 - Claude Trenier With The Lamplighter All-Stars - Lamplighter 1946 4. Ain't Jivin' Blues - Charlie Mingus Sextet - Excelsior 1946 5. Buzz Buzz Buzz - The Trenier Twins - Mercury 1947 6. My Convertible Cadillac - The Trenier Twins - Mercury 1948 7. Everybody Get Together - The Treniers - London 1950 8. Go! Go! Go! - The Treniers - Okeh 1951 - June '51 9. It Rocks, It Rolls, It Swings - The Treniers - Okeh 1952 10. Hadacol (That's All) - The Treniers - Okeh 1952 11. Poon-Tang! - The Treniers - Okeh 1952 12. Rockin' Is Our Business - The Treniers - Okeh 1953 13. GREAT 78 - The Moondog - The Treniers - Okeh 1952 14. This Is It - The Treniers - Okeh 1953 15. Rock Bottom - Milt Trenier & His Solid Six - RCA Victor 1953 16. (Uh! Oh!) Get Out Of The Car - The Treniers - Okeh 1955 17. Rock n' Roll Call - The Treniers - Epic 1956 18. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another GREAT show Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== TONY WARNER & THE TIMELESS TRACKS SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4591
It's always good news when Tony Warner sends a show here to Rock-it Radio. Filled with great memories of the 50s and 60s! From his studios in Arkansas USA. Tony Warner & Timeless Tracks blends a mix of R&B, Doo-Wop, Rockabilly and Teen Pop from the late 50s and early 60s as you would've heard it on the radio back then. From the Hits to the Forgotten to the Unknown, Tony plays it all in every show. Here's the playlist for this edition of Timeless Tracks with Tony Warner:
1. Jumps, Giggles & Shouts - Gene Vincent/Blue Caps 2. Corrina, Corrina Big - Joe Turner 3. Tragedy - Thomas Wayne 4. I'm in Love - The Blossoms 5. On The Street We Grew Up On - Bobby Vee 6. Laughing Boy - Mary Wells 7. Pretty Little Angel - The Crests 8. My Heart Cries - Contrasts 9. A Big Hunk of Love - Elvis Presley 10. No One Else Will Do - Sunny/Sunglows 11. An Angel Cried (2 versions) - 1st: 4 Seasons 2nd: Hal Miller/Rays 12. That's Alright - Arthur Big Boy Crudup 13. Always My Love - El Dorados 14. Nowhere To Run - Martha/Vandellas 15. Pretty Girls Everywhere - Eugene Church 16. The Angels Sent You - Danleers 17. Mr. Lonely - Videls 18. Three Rows Over - Bobby Curtola 19. And Now You're Gone - Ronald mark 20. Hurry Up - Richie Valens 21. Big Bad John (alt. version) - Jimmy Dean 22. More - Vic Dana 23. Got You On My Mind - Cookie/Cupcakes 24. Trouble is My Middle Name - Bobby Vinton 25. Teen Years - Priscilla Mitchell
If you have any requests it sure sounds like in this show Tony Takes them! You can send in your requests, comments, dedications or all the above! To: Timelesstracks@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4592 - MAMBO SONGS PT. 2
"Back In Time" is, once again, featuring those danceable MAMBO songs, and we are expanding the selections to include some CHA-CHA and RHUMBA songs and TANGO songs. Rudolph Valentino would be proud!
1) PRETTY THING - BO DIDDLEY (1955) King of the R&B Mambo Songs 2) DON'T YOU WANT A MAN LIKE ME - B.B. KING (late 50's) 3) LOOP DE LOOP MAMBO - THE ROBINS (1954) (Spark Label) 4) OUT OF THE PICTURE - THE ROBINS (1955) (Whippet Label) 5) LOOK AT THE STARS - THE BOBBETTES (1957) ("B" Side of "Mr. Lee") 6) STACK OF DOLLARS - TINY BRADSHAW & ROCH. 7) DIDDLEY DADDY - BO DIDDLEY (1955) 8) COME ON AND HAVE YOUR FUN - SHIRLEY AND LEE (1958) 9) ROCK IT - DAVY - ROCK IT - THE JAGUARS (Mid 50's) 10) YOU'RE MINE - ANN COLE (1957) 11) LIPS RED AS WINE - THE COLTS (1955) 12) RHUMBA ROCK - JIMMY BEASLEY
The MAMBO Hits 13) SAY MAN - BO DIDDLEY (1958) 14) TEQUILA - THE CHAMPS (1958) 15) SHOO DO BE DO - THE MOONGLOWS (1955) 16) HONEY LOVE - THE DRIFTERS w/Clyde McPhatter (1954) 17) THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW - MICKEY AND SYLVIA (1957) 18) OUT OF THE PICTURE - THE CREW-CUTS (1955) (Cover Version)
(Three CHA-CHA Songs) 19) SHIMMY SHIMMY KO KO BOP - LITTLE ANTHONY & IMPERIALS (1959) 20) THE CHA-CHA-CHA - BOBBY RYDELL (1962) 21) THIS IS MY STORY - THE TURBANS (1962)
(Two TANGO Songs) 22) HERNANDO'S HIDEAWAY - ARCHIE BLEYER (1954) 23) ROCK AND ROLL TANGO - THE CLOVERS (1960)
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4593
From across the mighty North Atlantic and his studios in the United Kingdom -- Jackie Bond spins some of the rockinest retro 50s Rockabilly and Rock and Roll in this show. Tune in in our program webpage to find out! Here is what you will hear!
1. Rock Go Round - Chester Smith\par 2. Permit Blues - Link Davis\par 3. Rootie Tootie Baby - Lee Mitchell\par 4. Your Kisses Kill Me - Bernie Early\par 5. The Tunnel of Love - The Wanderers\par 6. Be Bop Girl - Buck Stevens\par 7. Rockin With Red - Red Hadley\par 8. Hot Lips Baby - Herbie Duncan\par 9. Swinging Boogie - Ray Smith\par 10. Alabama Jailhouse - Hicksville Bombers\par 11. Juke Joint Johnny - Lattie Moore\par 12. Grandaddys Rockin - Mac Curtis\par 13. Be Boppin Baby - Johnny Law and Pistol Packin Daddies\par 14. Pity Pity - Little Tony and His Brothers\par 15. Mama Dont Allow No Boppin - Vern Pullens\par 16. Switchblade - Ron Thompson\par 17. Baby Why Did You Have To Go - Bob and The Rockabillies\par 18. Car Coated Baby - Johnny Dollar\par 19. Tom Dooley Rock And Roll - Black Knights\par 20. Like A Tornado - Ronnie Nightingale and The Haydocks\par 21. The Hot Guitar - Eddie Hill\par 22. Chicken And The Hawk - Tommy Sands\par 23. Who Stole My Blue Suede Shoes - Blue Cats\par 24. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin\par
If you would like to write to Jackie with requests, comments, hellos, good awesome job etc. you can reach him at: Jackiebond@rockitradio.net
============================================== DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4594
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 5 - TENNESSEE PART 1"
Spinning Rock Boogie is back with another show in the series "Regional Round-Up", where in each show a particular State of America is featured, and this show has music from the State of Tennessee. With rock and roll from right across the board, towns and cities along with the record labels and the artists who performed on them are featured in this show which includes, Bop, Boogie, Jive, Stroll and Smooch. So, sit back, buckle up and enjoy a trip on the rocket to the State of Tennessee.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Janie Mae - Dewell Everett (63) Jed International - Nashville 03. Lonesome Find Me - Lloyd Arnold (61) Memphis - Memphis 04. You Don't Love Me Anymore - Ira Jay II (60) Sun - Memphis 05. My Woman - Tommy Moreland (60) Maid - Columbia 06. The Sun Would Never Shine - Brownie Johnson (58) Lynn - Lebanon 07. Red Hot Mama - Wayne Williams (58) Sure - Jackson 08. Old Red Devil - Hollis Champion (60) Linco - Fayetteville 09. Gotta Run - Linda Manning (60) Doke - Columbia 10. Who Shot Sam - Jonnie McCullouch & The Four Sounds (?) Log Cabin - Sweetwater 11. Sweet Lies - The Chaparrals (58) Rebel - South Pittsburg 12. I Want To Walk With You - Paul Little (58) Peak - Memphis 13. It Was You - Lonnie Mullins (59) Logan - Madison 14. Hold What You Got - Joe Tex (65) Dial - Nashville 15. Hello Hello Baby - Jerry Lee Lewis (58) Sun - Memphis 16. This Time - Clarence Henry (67) Dial - Nashville 17. Dissapointed - Malcom Yealvington (71) Chelsea - Brentwood 18. Oh Julie - The Cresendos (58) Nasco - Nashville 19. I Got Love If You Want It - Slim Harpo (57) Excello - Nashville 20. Tiger - Little Joe Allen & The Offbeats (58) MCM - Nashville 21. Crazy Sack - Joe Griffith & The Teenage Rebels (58) Reelfoot - Rivers 22. Hot Dog - Buck Owens (61) New Star - Goodlettsville 23. I Got Nine Little Kisses - Shorty Long (53) Valley - Knoxville 24. Froggy - Loyd Howell (61) Nashville - Madison 25. 3 Miles South Of Town - Bob Butler & The DJ's (60's) Nashville North - Nashville 26. Rocking Rufus - Ramon Maupin (57) Fernwood - Memphis 27. Daddy Rabbit - Terry Fortune (60) Pink - Nashville 28. Square From Nowhere - Loretta Thompson (59) Skoop - Nashville 29. Knees Shakin' - Frank Starr (61) Holiday Inn - Memphis 30. You're A Heartbreaker - Elvis Presley (54) Sun - Memphis 31. Outro - Medley
Spinning Rock loves his e mail from his listeners. And if you have any requests, comments or just to say hello
Dave is back this week with another great set of rarities you just don't hear on terrestrial radio anymore. And rarely when it was new! See if any of these songs might jar a happy memory or two!
1. Bucket Seats - Rally Packs 2. Beg Borrow and Steal - Demotrons 3. Tomorrow - Strawberry Alarm Clock 4. Cinderella - Jo Jo Vitale 5. Run, Run, Run - Ronny Douglas 6. Walk Like A Man - Four Seasons 7. Made Up My Mind - Cheers 8. Oh Mother Of Mine - Temptations 9. Ain't Got No Problems - Sunday 10.I Want Him So Bad - Velvetones 11.The Rebel Kind - Dino, Desi & Billy 12.Love - Greg Todd & Jacks 13.High On Love - Knickerbockers 14.She Loves You - Beatles 15.That's All Over Baby - Jones Brothers 16.So Much Love - Ben E King 17.Walkin By - Boss Four 18.Nobody But You - Dee Clark 19.I Can Hear You Crying - Eddie Hill (Discovery of the Week) 20.Go On And Cry - Bobby Stuart & the Georgettes 21.You've Got To Pay The Price - Al Kent
If you would like to welcome Dave or say hello or a future request on his show you can reach him at his Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH WITH A TRIBUTE TO R&B LEGEND EDDIE BO ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4596
This show is a tribute to little known but highly influential Edwin Joseph Bocage AKA 'Eddie Bo'. A great New Orleans vocalist and pianist in the Fats Domino mode, he also wrote songs as well as produced and arranged for some of the R&B and Rock and Roll greats of the 1950s.
As well, he was a pioneer of that music genre known as Funk and the innovator of a dance craze in the 1960s that was second only to the Twist in popularity. All this and more is covered in the show. My thanks to Lane Quigley for his assistance with the compilation of some of these tunes as well as the sound bite.
The play list is as follows:
1. Please Forgive Me-Eddie Bo 1956 2. I'll Be Satisfied-Eddie Bo 1956 3. Hey Bo-Eddie Bo 1956 4. Tell Me Why-Eddie Bo 1956 5. Baby-Eddie Bo(as Little Bo) 1955 Eddie was 25 when this was recorded not 15 as I say in the narrative (Math never my strong point). 6. So Glad-Eddie Bo (as Little Bo) 1955 as above he was 25 when this was recorded. 7. Sound Bite 8. I'm Wise-Eddie Bo 1956 9. Slippin' and Slidin' -Little Richard 1956 10. My Dearest Darling-Eddie Bo 1957 11. My Dearest Darling-Etta James 1960 12. Happy Tears-Eddie Bo 1956 13. Too Much Of A Good Thing-Eddie Bo 1956 14. Dearest One- Eddie Bo 1956 15. Walk That Walk-Eddie Bo 1958 16. In The Same Old Way-Tommy Ridgely 1961 17. I'll Keep On Trying-Eddie Bo 1958 18. Check Mr. Popeye-Eddie Bo 1962 19. Now Lets Popeye-Eddie Bo 1962 20. I Cry Oh-Eddie Bo 1956 21. Got To Know-Eddie Bo 1962 22. Bless You Darling-Eddie Bo 1962 23. I Love To Rock and Roll-Eddie Bo 1958 24. My Heart Was Meant For You-Eddie Bo 1956
Another great series of a R&B great Al! and we look forward to hearing them. If you have any requests or comments for The Cool Daddy up there in Studio C. You can e mail him at: email@example.com
============================================== LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4597
Rock-it Radio's Studio B is rockin' this week with some great rockers from the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio on The Memory Lane Show. Join host Lane Quigley as he wipes the dust off the disks from the vinyl vault, and brings us some fascinating interview clips from a half-dozen artists. Lane also pays tribute to one of rock 'n' rolls true originals who we lost recently. Click on Rock-it radio Show #4597 and get ready to rock.
1. Brown Eyed Handsome Man - Chuck Berry 1956 2. Dixie Fried - Carl Perkins 1956 SOUND BITES 3. Send Her To Me - Johnny Thunder 1964 4. Reconsider Baby - Lowell Fulson 1954 5. Party Time Twist - King Curtis 1962 6. Hey Miss Fannie - Tommy Sands 1957 SOUND BITE 7. So Long Babe - Nancy Sinatra 1965 8. Daddy Daddy - Richard Berry & The Dreamers 1955 9. He's Sure The Boy I Love - The Crystals 1963 10. Toy Bell - The Bees 1954 SOUND BITE 11. Rocket 88 - Bill Haley & The Saddlemen 1951 12. Ruby Baby - The Drifters 1956 13. It Must Be Jelly - Frankie Ford 1959 14. Keep a Knockin' - Louis Jordan 1939 SOUND BITES 15. Stupid Cupid - Wanda Jackson 16. You Went Back On Your Word Little Girl - Clyde McPhatter 1959 17. I'm Not a Juvenile Delinquent - Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers 1956 SOUND BITE 18. Lydia - Lewis Lymon & The Teenchords 1957 19. Don't Throw Your Love On Me So Strong - Albert King 1961 20. Rock - Chuck Higgins 1956 SOUND BITE 21. Big Man in a Big House - Leroy Van Dyke 1961 22. Do You Close Your Eyes? - Josh White, Jr. 1962 23. Moonlight Cocktails - The Rivieras 1960
Another great selection! If you have any requests, comments or would like to just like to say hello to Lane you can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4598!
Mike Bollea's Jukebox Party is just that -- A party of great oldies coming thru your speakers on your computer and it is definetly worth a listen. It's a mix of R&B, and 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll.
The Jukebox Party does not usually provide a playlist for their show but it does come in 2 parts.
If you have any questions or would like to send a hello to Mike you can write him at: email@example.com
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ATOMIC DOO WOP DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4599
The Rockin' Daddy O's Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party is back this week with more doo wop of the 50s and early 60s + More! With the high energy delivery that only Daddy O can bring! Here is the playlist of this week's show.
1. High School Dance-El Pollos 2. He Man Looking For A She Girl-Four Dots 3. Boom Diddle Doom-Eldorados 4. Johnny's Got A Girlfriend-Mixers 5. Tight Skirt And Sweater-Versatones 6. Cha Wailey Routa-Saucers 7. Don't you just know it - Huey Piano Smith & Clowns 8. The Big Beat-Del Vikings 9. Ring Chimes-Cadets 10. I Want You-Cadets 11. The Hatchet Man-Robins 12. Oh! Where-Vocaleers 13. The Closer You Are-Channels 14. Drip Drop-Dion 15. Ruby Baby-Dion 16. Cool Mambo-Shepards 17. Mambo Shambo-Charms 18. Mambo Train-Miracle Tones 19. I'm Sorry Baby-Cineramas 20. Rocket Ride-Johnny Greco 21. I Need Your Love So Bad-Vocaleers 22. You Conquered Me-Willie Logan & Plaids 23. My Angel Of Love-Royal Jesters 24. Whispering Bells-Del Vikings
Thank you Daddy O for another great set of Doo Wops in the Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party show. Next week we will be airing his Rockabilly show. In the mean time if you would like to write to Daddy O you can by e mailing him at: Daddyo@rockitradio.net
============================================== COOL BOBBY B & THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4600
It's another rockin' week with some Doo Wop with the coolest of cool! Cool Bobby B & The Doo Wop Stop on Rock-it Radio show #4600! Here is this week's playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley & Lee 2. You're my dream -- The Castaleers 3. Oh Rose Marie -- The Fascinators 4. Chapel Bells -- The Fascinators 5. Cry Like I cried -- The Harptones 6. Storm Warning -- Philly Cuzz 7. My Love for you -- The Marcels 8. Would I love you -- The Miracles 9. I only want you -- The Passions 10. This I swear -- The Skyliners 11. Bouncing a kiss off the moon -- The Du Kanes 12. Thinking of you -- The Jaguars 13. Gloria -- The Chariots 14. Hey there lonely girl -- Eddie Holman 15. Long Lonely nights -- Lee Andrews & The Hearts 16. Just walking in the rain -- The Prisonaires 17. Heaven & Paradise -- Don Julian & Meadowlarks 18. Togetherness -- Frankie Avalon 19. Should I cry -- The Concords 20. I wonder why -- Dion & Belmonts 21. Teenager in Love -- Dion & Belmonts 22. That's my desire -- Dion & Belmonts 23. Be True -- The Vocaleers 24. I'll be seeing you -- Larry Chance & Earls 25. For your love -- Ed Townsend 26. Goodnight my love -- Jesse Belvin
27. Pretty Pretty Girl -- Time Tones 28. I love you madly -- The Sherwoods 29. When your love comes along -- 5 Satins 30. Darling Forever -- 4 Chevelles 31. Oh my angel -- Bertha Tilman 32. Sometime -- Gene Thomas 33. Wonderful girl -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 34. True Love -- The Scarlets 35. Counting the Stars -- The Ladders 36. Love Bells -- 5 Willows 37. Just over the Brooklyn Bridge -- Lola & The Saints 38. Bermuda Wonderful -- The Imperials 39. All I need is you -- Buddy Randall & Knickerbockers 40. Where have they gone -- The Skyliners 41. I'm sorry dear -- Don Angelo 42. Tonight I fell in love -- The Tokens 43. Tonight Tonight -- Mello Kings 44. Tonight -- The Velvets 45. Puppy Love -- Little Jimmy Rivers & The Tops 46. I'm not a know it all -- Frankie Lymon & Teenagers 47. A fool in love -- The Consorts 48. Don't leave me baby -- The Camelots 49. Where or When -- Dion & Belmonts 50. Goodnight Baby -- The Imaginations
Wow! Ok 50 Doo Wops for you in show #4600 here at Rock-it Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would like to say Hello to Cool Bobby B please remind him you heard him here on Rock-it Radio at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL: 15TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4589
It's time for the annual East/West Showdown on Rock-it Radio. For the 15th consecutive year, Bill Green (from Rock & Roll Retrospective) and Lane Quigley (from The Memory Lane Show) join forces to do battle to determine which coast reigns supreme. In past years, the West has seven wins, the East has notched six victories, and there was one draw. You get to decide this year's outcome -- and when you vote, you will become eligible for prizes courtesy of Bennie Dingo and the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad.
If you're new to the Showdown, here is how it works. As you listen to this entertaining two-hour program, write down round-by-round your favorite song. At the end, you will then send in your vote. It's that simple. You can copy-and-paste the playlist below and use it for your ballot.
ballot received will be placed into a drawing, and at the end of the
month five lucky winners will be selected to win prizes from the Rock-it
Radio Launching Pad.
The show will air throughout the entire month of July, and the polls will close at 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 31. Don't forget to email your votes before the deadline. Lane
and Bill see every ballot, and they always enjoy your comments on the
show, including your reasons for voting for the songs. Listen, enjoy,
send in your ballot to Vote@RockitRadio.net and good luck!!
ROUND 1: BI-COASTAL [ ] WEST: Dirty Water - The Standells 1966 [ ] EAST: California Nights - Lesley Gore 1967
ROUND 2: SECOND TIME AROUND [ ] WEST: You Cheated - The Shields 1958 [ ] EAST: Dedicated To The One I Love - The Shirelles 1959/61
ROUND 3: I'VE HEARD THAT LICK BEFORE [ ] WEST: The Fool - Sanford Clark 1956 [ ] EAST: Down In The Boondocks - Billy Joe Royal 1965
ROUND 4: ISN'T THAT STRANGE? [ ] WEST: Strange Love - The Native Boys 1956 [ ] EAST: Strange Feeling - Billy Steward 1963
ROUND 5: DIGGIN' THE SAX MAN [ ] WEST: Riot In Cell Block #9 - The Robins (Gil Bernal) 1954 [ ] EAST: Charlie Brown - The Coasters (King Curtis) 1959
ROUND 6: BACKING TRACKS? [ ] WEST: Where Lovers Go - The Jaguars 1964 [ ] EAST: Do Do Do Bah Ah - Bert Keyes 1965
ROUND 7: SAME DAY, DIFFERENT COAST [ ] WEST: If a Man Answers - Bobby Darin 1962 [ ] EAST: Friendly Loans - The Marcels 1962
ROUND 8: WHO'S ON THAT RECORD? [ ] WEST: Desire - The Trophies 1962 [ ] EAST: Need You - Johnny Jack 1962
ROUND 9: THE HOTTEST NIGHT CLUB IN TOWN [ ] WEST: Seventh Son - Johnny Rivers 1965 [ ] EAST: Shout - Joey Dee & The Starlighters 1962
ROUND 10: IT'S A CRIME [ ] WEST: Uh Oh I'm Falling In Love Again - Jimmie Rodgers 1958 [ ] EAST: I'm So Lonely (What Will I Do)? - Shane Sheppard 1960
ROUND 11: GEORGIA (GIBBS) ON MY MIND [ ] WEST: Roll With Me Henry - Etta James 1955 [ ] EAST: Tweedle Dee - Lavern Baker 1955
ROUND 12: ONE HIT WONDERS [ ] WEST: Love You Son - Ron Holden & The Thunderbirds 1960 [ ] EAST: Let Me Go, Lover - Joan Weber 1955
So just cut and paste this ballot with your vote and send it off to the vote counters of Rock-it Radio at: email@example.com and have a chance to win some great prizes. And what a great milestone and hard to believe it has been 15 years since the first East vs. West Battle!
15th ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST BATTLE TO AIR IN JULY - YOUR CHANCE TO WIN PRIZES! It's that time of year again starting July 1st. Prizes will be drawn! To those that send in their votes and copy and paste the above ballot in this newsletter under Rock-it Radio show #4589. At the end of July -- Lane and Bill will randomly draw 5 winners to those that had voted. And will relay the e mail addresses to Rock-it Radio main studio here. The following winners will be announced in the Listener's club newsletter and here are the prizes and contacted via E mail.
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 5 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it
Store. And a vintage Radio show of their choice from the Rock-it Radio
Lauching Pad Store.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show. And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast.
results of the tallying of you the Rock-it Radio Listener's that vote
will be posted in the Rock-it Radio newsletter in the first week of
August. If you are not a member of the Rock-it Radio Listener's club and
would like to join ... just go to our main webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net And
click to the banner towards the top of the page asking you to join.
It's free and we don't give out your e mail address and we don't
spam.... Happy Voting everyone! Here this the ballot and playlist below.
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
LAST WEEK MISSING PLAYLISTS!!!
Last week we were missing a couple of Rock-it Radio shows. So, thought we would include them this week since we still have them in our program webpage. Here they are....
------------------------------------------------ JACKIE BOND & LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR - ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4586 I. Call Me Shorty - Hayden Thompson 2. Who's That Guy - Linda Gail Lewis 3. High School Confidential - Jerry Lee Lewis 4. Black Cadillac - Sonny Wallace 5. Rock and Roll On A Saturday Night - Dwain Bell 6. Hey Sheriff - Josie Kreuzer 7. Rock and Roll Record Girl - Bobby Poe and The Poecats 8. The 309 - The Rockin Continentals 9. Leavin It All Behind - Mars Attacks 10. 55 Chevy - Hoyt Stevens 11. Back To School Blues - Dale Hawkins 12. Cool Tom Cat - Bill Carter and A.V. Looper 13. Lover Boy - Colin Paul 14. Run Tough,Run Hard - Bob and The Bearcats 15. Midgie - Jack Scott 16. Abracadbra - Lew Williams 17. Buddy I Got You - Eva Eastwood 18. Long Black Shiny Car - Colbert Hamilton and The Hellrazors 19. Troubles Troubles - Warren Storm 20. Slap The Bass - Lee Rocker 21. Patty Baby - Terry Noland 22. I'm Comin' Home - The Refreshments 23. Rockabilly Man - The Firebirds 24. Razor Alley - The Jets 25. I Love To Boogie - The Top Cats 26. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
------------------------------------------------- SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE - MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4577
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 3 - CALIFORNIA PART 1"
Spinning Rock Boogie is back with another in the series Regional Round-Up where in each show I feature a particular State of America with the record labels that came out of that particular state plus the artists who recorded on them, and the towns and cities where the labels were situated. In this show, part 1 of the State of California is featured with as always, rip roaring rock 'n' roll from right across the board from the 1950's & 1960's. So climb aboard the Rocket, sit back and buckle up as we head off to the State of California.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Ah So (instrumental) - The Gay Lads (61) Audan - Bakersfield 03. Red Hot Car - Bobby Verne (62) Doc Holiday - Indio 04. Town Girl - Myron Lee & The Caddies (62) Del-Fi - Studio City L.A. 05. Satisfied - The McMillin Brothers (60) Christy - Los Gatos 06. Boom Boom Boomerang - The De Castro Sisters (55) Abbott - Malibu 07. Cool-A-Roo I Love You Baby - The Accents (55) Accent - Whittier 08. Rock-A-Billy Rhythm - Gene McKown (58) Aggie - South San Gabriel 09. Domino Just For Kicks - The Savoys (59) PDQ - Hollywood 10. He's The One - Judy & Joyce (58) Dot - Hollywood 11. Live It Up (instrumental) - The Ernie Freeman Orchestra (59) Imperial - Hollywood 12. Joe Cool - Jimmy Hombs (59) Jack Bee - Downey 13. Sugar Baby - George Hamilton & The Treys (59) Bella - San Jose 14. Just Waiting For You - Toby & Ray + The Margilators (59) Blue Moon - Santa Clara 15. The Vow - Gene & Unice (57) Aladdin - Beverly Hills 16. Over The Rainbow - Gene Vincent (58) Capitol - Hollywood 17. Steal Away - Jimmy Hughes (64) Fame - Westminster 18. Hey Little One - Dorsey Burnette (60) Era - Hollywood 19. My Man - Dolly Cooper (55) Modern - Hollywood 20. Move On - The Blossoms (57) Capitol - Hollywood 21. Sweet Shop Sweetheart - Molly Bee (56) Dot - Hollywood 22. Buddy - Jackie Dee (58) Liberty - Hollywood 23. Red Silk Stockings And The Green Perfume - Black Jack Wayne (60) Cheyenne - Niles 24. Bom Do Wa - Toby & Ray + The Margilators (59) Blue Moon - Santa Clara 25. Teenage Party Line - Curtis Wilson (66) Canary - Redwood City 26. Daisy Mae - Jody Reynolds (58) Demon - Hollywood 27. Just A Little Too Much - Ricky Nelson (59) Imperial - Hollywood 28. I'll be Glad - Fats Domino (57) Imperial - Hollywood 29. Let There Be Drums - Sandy Nelson (61) Imperial - Hollywood 30. She's Gone - Houston Breaks (58) Buck & Sunny - Santa Paula 31. Daddy Loves Mommyo - Tommy Duncan (56) Fire - Bakersfield 32. Rock 'n' Chair Roll - Johnny Cavalier (59) Hi-Class - San Francisco 33. Outro (instrumental) - Spinning Rock Boogie - Hank C. Burnette (76) Sonet
=========================================== Pete Chaston's Doo Wop Show on Rock-it Radio show #4588
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982)
2. Rama Lama Ding Dong-The Edsels (1958 & '60-61)
3. Rama Lama Ding Dong-The Dukes of Harmony (xxxx)
4. Rama Lama Ding Dong-The Elegants (xxxx)
5. Blanche-The Platinums (xxxx)
6. Afar into the Night-The Six Teens (1956)
7. Imagination-The Quotations (1962)
8. My Memories of You-Donnie & The Dreamers (xxxx)
9. Zing (Went the Strings of my Heart)-Gabriel & The Angels (1961)
10. Just a Little Love-The Reactions (1964)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT:
11. Ping Pong-The Tangiers (xxxx)
12. Mope-itty Mope-The Bosstones (xxxx)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT:
13. Oh Rose Marie-The Fascinators (1959)
14. Talk it Over, Baby-The Rocketeers (1956)
15. A Sunday Kind of Love-The Sentimentals (1957 or '58)
16. Starlight-The Preludes Five (1961)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs:
17. Do-Re-Mi-The Rob-Roys (1957)
18. Gloria-Big Sandy & The Calvanes (1998)
19. Speedoo-Ruben & The Jets (1977)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT:
20. How Did Your Vacation Go-Bobby Paris & The Parisians (xxxx)
21. Soon (I'll Be Home Again)-The Four Seasons (1963)
22. I Cover the Waterfront-The Orioles (1953)
23. We Kissed in the Shadows-Lisa & The Cliftonaires (1998)
24. Brenda-The Cupids (1963)
25. Oh, Let Me Dream-The Reminiscents (1963)
26. My Baby Loves Me-The Five Discs (196
PILOT SHOW TO BEGIN ON ROCK-IT RADIO WITH SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE. A couple of week's ago we received a letter here from Rock-it Radio listener Betty Smith from London, Ontario Canada thinking it would be great if we could also include a show featuring Traditional Country Music of the 50s? Well we put it up to our DJ's and Ken Strange a/k/a Spinning Rock Boogie jumped at the chance and this weekend will be producing the first show and we should have it online here at Rock-it Radio in a couple of weeks. So, please look for it and if you like it or the idea please let us know!
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
HE'S FINALLY ON FACEBOOK -- IT'S TRUE OUR PROGRAM MANAGER LANE QUIGLEY!!! We are happy to report that Lane Quigley host of the Memory Lane Show along with our program manager is now on Facebook. You can check out his page at: http://www.facebook.com/lane.quigley.75
R&B GREAT LITTLE WILLIE LITTLEFIELD PASSES AWAY AT 81 IN THE NETHERLANDS
By: Matt the Cat We just learned of the death of blues singer/pianist LITTLE WILLIE LITTLEFIELD. He actually passed away on June 23 in the Netherlands. LITTLEFIELD was 81 and died of cancer. He was born on Sept. 16, 1931 in El Campo, TX and began playing guitar at an early age. By his teens, LITTLEFIELD had switched to piano and had already started developing his trademark boogie woogie piano-style of triplet playing. By 1948, he was making a name for himself and caught the attention of the Bihari Brothers of Modern Records. They brought him out to LA and in the early fall of 1949, LITTLEFIELD took the R&B charts by storm with "It's Midnight (No Place To Go)" (Modern), reaching #3 on the national R&B Chart. Two other hit singles followed: "Farewell" (#5 in '49) and "I'm Lost" with Little Lora Wiggins (#10 in '51). LITTLEFIELD will always be remembered as the cat who first laid down the Leiber/Stoller classic "Kansas City" (first called "KC Lovin'" when LITTLEFIELD cut it in '52). His version didn't chart, but it set the mold for the hit versions that would follow, especially Wilbert Harrison's 1959 chart-topper on Fury Records. Little Richard and The Beatles were two other big artists from the long list that have recorded versions of "Kansas City." LITTLEFIELD didn't have any more chart hits, but he continued to release records on Federal, including duets with label-mates Lil Greenwood and Little Esther until the mid-1950s. In the 1970s, while getting into the swing of doing European tours, LITTLEFIELD decided to settle in the Netherlands, where he married and spent the rest of his life. He was there for the development of post-war rhythm & blues and rock n' roll and remained true to his artform. He continued to perform the boogie woogie piano style he helped to develop until the day he died.
MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED. YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from July 1, 2013 to July 7, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Hall -- Bradford, United Kingdom Jimmy Harrell -- Carthage, Mississippi USA John Wheaton -- Florence, Kentucky USA Tom LeVasseur -- Blaine, Minnesota USA Richard Musser -- Stevens, Pennsylvania USA Marvin Campo -- ? Glem Glibbie -- Windsor, Ontario Canada Terry Peck -- Northampton, United Kingdom Jerry Hines -- Gainesville, Florida USA John Cooper -- Lebanon, Pennsylvania USA
We have added 10 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,940 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 7/7/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 2. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 3. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 4. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 5. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor Ontario Canada 7/22/1967 6. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 7. RIR #114 -- Alan Freed WABC New York 11/5/1959 8. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 9. Rock-it Show #4561 -- Lane Quigley Class of 1963 Reunion show 10. RIR #624 -- Bob Green WKNR Detroit 3/30/1970
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. France +0 5. Germany +0 6. Italy +2 7. Australia -1 8. Philippines -1 9. Mexico +0 10. Netherlands +0 11. Brazil +0 12. Argentina +1 13. Japan -1 14. Spain +1 15. Indonesia -1 16. Russia +0 17. Sweden +0 18. Switzerland +0 19. Belgium +1 20. Finland -1 21. Saudi Arabia +3 22. India -1 23. Poland +4 24. Greece -1 25. Morocco -4 26. Serbia -1 27. Ireland -1 28. South Africa +3 29. Romania +0 30. Hungary -2 31. Austria +12 32. Denmark +2 33. Chile -5 34. Malaysia +11 35. Norway +1 36. Portugal -8 37. United Arab Emirates -6 38. Bulgaria +2 39. Thailand -4 40. New Zealand -4 41. Singapore +1 42. Colombia -9 43. Ukraine +1 44. Peru +5 45. Slovakia +5 46. Czech Republic +1 47. China -13 48. Lithuania -6 49. Croatia +2 50. Hong Kong -7
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Pennsylvania +0 4. Florida +0 5. Washington +0 6. New Jersey +0 7. Texas +0 8. Massachusetts +0 9. Maryland +1 10. Indiana +1 11. Ohio +1 12. Illinois -4 13. Virginia +0 14. Missouri +0 15. Michigan +0 16. North Carolina +1 17. Oregon +2 18. Alabama -2 19. Kansas +3 20. Tennessee +0 21. Arizona -2 22. Georgia -2 23. Wisconsin +0 24. Connecticut +0 25. South Carolina +0 26. Minnesota +0 27. Colorado +1 28. Kentucky +1 29. Delaware -2 30. Nebraska +3 31. Louisiana -4 32. Nevada +2 33. Iowa -1 34. District of Columbia +2 35. Mississippi +4 36. West Virginia -8 37. Rhode Island +1 38. Arkansas +6 39. New Hampshire -5 40. Hawaii +7 41. Oklahoma -10 42. New Mexico -4 43. Wyoming +2 44. Montana -1 45. Idaho +3 46. Utah -4 47. Maine -7 48. South Dakota +1 49. Vermont -10 50. Alaska +0 51. North Dakota +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!