As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, July 15, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4601 to #4610
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
ROCK-IT RADIO NEWSLETTER AND PLAYLIST SHOWS #4601 TO #4610
Another week has flown by and hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. We have 10 more shows in our program page this week. Don't forget also this month the 15th Annual East Coast vs. West Coast oldies battle is going on in show #4589.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: email@example.com
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
DJ SPINNING ROCK BOOGIE WITH THE MOVIN' AND GROOVIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #4601
"REGIONAL ROUND-UP PART 4 - ILLINOIS PART 1"
Another in my series of Regional Round-Up where a particular American State is featured in every show, with music from right across the board that came out of that particular state. This show features the State of Illinois with the record labels, the artists who recorded on them, and the towns and cities where they were recorded, which includes.....Jivers, Boppers, Strollers, and as ever, my regular feature, the Smooch Spot. So Once again, sit back, buckle up, and take a trip with me on the Rocket and enjoy some of the music from the 1950's & 1960's that came out of the State of Illinios.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Waitin' For You To Call - Bobby Mack (58) B-Mac - Creve Coeur 03. If You're Gonna Shake It - Bobby Carter (60) Cardell - Bloomington 04. The Joint's Really Jumpin' - Jimmy Evans (62) Caveman - Wolf Lake 05. It's Sure Gonna Hurt - Dolly Parton (62) Mercury - Chicago 06. What You Don't Know - Harrold Burrage (59) VeeJay - Chicago 07. Hey Little Girl - Dee Clark (59) Abner - Chicago 08. First Date - Dee & Patty (58) Mercury - Chicago 09. You're Gonna Change Or I'm Gonna Leave - Steve Bledsoe (65) Kahill - Arlington Heights 10. Red Light - Liz (61) canon - Belleville 11. Glue Me Back Jack - Nancy Dawn (57) Salem - Chicago 12. Trouble No More - Muddy Waters (55) Chess - Chicago 13. Help Me - Sonny Boy Williamson II (63) Checker - Chicago 14. Oh Red - Howlin' Wolf (52) Chess - Chicago 15. I'm Leaving - John Lee Hooker (63) VeeJay - Chicago 16. Night Club Rock And Roll - Kimble & Wanda Janes + The Gene Parson's Band (59) Southfield - Oaklawn 17. Bettyjean Rock - J.Mikel (58) Sonic - La Grange Park 18. Girl After Girl - Gary Shelton (Troy Shondell) (61) Goldcrest - Glencoe 19. I Got Some News For You - Bobby Lee (65) BRW - Yorkville 20. Serpents And Spiders - Jim Friis & The Valiants (63) Allstar - Rockford 21. Don't Let Go - Jean Chapel (63) Smash - Chicago 22. Cool Cool Baby - The Diamonds (58) Mercury - Chicago 23. I Don't Want To Cry Over You - Rebert Howell + Ray Guyce & His Lonesome Valley Boys (62) Brite Star - Mt Carmel 24. Golden Records - Judy Thomas (64) Tollie - Chicago 25. Long Lonely Nights - Lee Andrews & The Hearts (57) Chess - Chicago 26. Hotel Happiness - Brook Benton (63) Mercury - Chicago 27. Rolling Danny - Ron Haydock (60) Cha Cha - Chicago 28. Cotton Pickin' (instrumental) - The Night Raiders (59) Profile - Chicago 29. Hidi Hidi Hidi - Mickey Hawks & The Night Raiders (59) Profile - Chicago 30. Nadine - Chuck Berry (64) Chess - Chicago 31. Outro (instrumental) Spinning Rock Boogie - Hank C. Burnette (76) Sonet
Spinning Rock loves his e mail from his listeners. And if you have any requests, comments or just to say hello you can reach him at:
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE SHOW TO JOHNNY BRAGG IN ROCK-IT SHOW #4602
Johnny Bragg (The Prisonaires & The Marigolds)
This week, Matt The Cat features the incredible story of Johnny Bragg. It's one of the greatest stories in all of Rhythm & Blues and early Rock n' Roll. At age 17, Johnny Bragg is sentenced to 594 years in prison on six counts of rape. He possesses one of the most beautiful tenors and thanks to prison reforms, he is allowed to record with his group, The Prisonaires for Sam Phillips at Sun Records. Their first release, "Just Walkin' In The Rain" from 1953 becomes an instant vocal group classic and in 1956 is made into an enormous pop hit by Johnnie Ray. The Prisonaires cut 4 singles for Sun before changing their name to The Marigolds and scoring a top ten R&B hit in 1955 with "Rollin' Stone." The "Juke In The Back" honors Johnny Bragg and his immeasurable contribution to popular music through his story, his music and interviews from a new documentary film on The Prisonaires. Bragg's story is one of the greatest seldom-told secrets from the back alleys of early Rhythm & Blues, but it's in the forefront on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Surleen - The Prisonaires - Unissued 1954 3. Just Walkin' In The Rain - The Prisonaires - Sun 1953 4. Baby Please - The Prisonaires - Sun 1953 5. My God Is Real - The Prisonaires - Sun 1953 - Sun 189 6. Softly and Tenderly - The Prisonaires - Sun 1953 7. A Prisoner's Prayer - The Prisonaires - Sun 1953 8. I Know - The Prisonaires - Sun 1953 9. There Is Love In You - The Prisonaires - Sun 1954 10. What Will You Do Next - The Prisonaires - Sun 1954 11. Rollin' Stone - The Marigolds - Excello 1955 12. GREAT 78 - Pork & Beans - The Solotones - Excello 1955 13. Love You Love You - The Marigolds - Excello 1955 14. It's You Darling, It's You - The Marigolds - Excello 1956 15. Foolish Me - Johnny Bragg - Excello 1956 16. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another GREAT show Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4603
Dave is back this week with another great set of rarities you just don't hear on terrestrial radio anymore. And rarely when it was new! See if any of these songs might jar a happy memory or two!
1. It's A Gas - Mad 2. Feelin Lost - Rationals 3. Bad Boy - Beatles 4. Lonely Love - Bettye Swann 5. Contract On Love - Little Stevie Wonder 6. You're Good Enough For Me - Versatiles 7. Take Me For A Little While - Vanilla Fudge 8. I'll Forget Her Tomorrow - Randy & the Rainbows 9. Denise - Randy & the Rainbows 10.Little Bit O'Soul - Music Explosion 11.I Can't Help It - Eddie Hill 12.You're Shakin Me Up - Van Dykes 13.Long Live Apple Pie - Apple Pie Motherhood Band 14.She's My Girl - Bobby Fuller 15.New Girl In Schhol - Jan & Dean 16.I Wrote You A Letter - Dotty Daniels 17.Cry To Me - Solomon Burke 18.Wish You Didn't Have To Go - Spencer & The Spoons 19.New York's A Lonely Town - Tradewinds 20.Kiddie A Go-Go - Pandora and the Males (Discovery of the Week) 21.Nobody But Me - Outsiders 22.Classical Gas - Mason Williams
If you would like to welcome Dave or say hello or a future request on his show you can reach him at his Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== JACKIE BOND AND LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL ROCKABILLY HOUR ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4604
From across the mighty North Atlantic and his studios in the United Kingdom -- Jackie Bond spins some of the rockinest retro 50s Rockabilly and Rock and Roll in this show. Tune in in our program webpage to find out! Here is what you will hear!
1. Bare Knuckle Piano - Rip Masters 2. Bedroom Boogie - Good Rockin' Tonight 3. Cotton Pickin' Ball - Charlie Wiliams 4. Rockin' Little Angel - Tracey K Houston 5. Queenie Rock On - Bernie Woods And The Forest Fires 6. Sweet 16 Loves Rock 'n' Roll - Darrel Higham and The Enforcers 7. Rock 'n' Roll School - Fumble 8. Mister Rock And Roll - Gene Summers 9. Miss Brown - David Houston 10. Rockin' Too Much - Western Starlighters 11. Guitar Boogie - Eddie Jones 12. Mercy - The Collins Kids 13. Pretty Kitty - Paul Ansells Number Nine 14. Head Home Honey - Charlie Gracie 15. Choo Choo Ch'Boogie - Rock Island Line 16. The Coo - Wayne Cochran 17. Red Headed Woman - Wayne Worley 18. Blue Swingin' Mama - Larry Dowd 19. Washmachine Boogie - That Crazy Beat 20. Wild Hog Hop - Bennie Hess 21. Tongue Tied - Betty McQuade 22. Beauty Queen - Good Rockin' Tonight 23. Great Balls Of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis 24. Milkshake Mademoiselle -Jerry Lee Lewis 25. Women,Booze And Rock And Roll - The Lennerockers 26. Good Night My Love - Jesse Belvin
If you would like to write to Jackie with requests, comments, hellos, good awesome job etc. you can reach him at: Jackiebond@rockitradio.net
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4605 - TRIBUTE TO SWAMP POP
the Texas/Louisana Border.....there developed a unique Country/R&B
Pop sound. Here are some the classics from the one period of this sound.
Swamp Pop continued into the 70's and is not to be confused with SWAMP
ROCK. SWAMP ROCK was a Louisana/Mississippi Sound talking about the
"bayou" with such singing talent as Bobbie Gentry, Tony Joe White and
John Fogerty. Bobby Charles is credited as starting the SOUND of SWAMP POP in 1955, but FAT DOMINO knew how to create that sound and also LITTLE RICHARD. AND
"Back In Time" will do a Salute to "PLas Johnson". He is a lesser known
Tenor and Baritone Sax Player from the First Decade of Rock.
Salute to PLAS JOHNSON 1) THE PINK PANTHER THEME - HENRY MANCINI (1963) 2) SAX FIFTH AVENUE - JOHNNY BEECHER (1963) aka Plas 3) THE PETER GUNN THEME - DUANE EDDY & THE REBELS (1960) 4) TARANTULA - JODY REYNOLDS & THE STORMS (1960) 5) APPLE KNOCKER - B. BUMBLE & THE STINGERS (1962) ---------------------------------------------------------- Internet Interview with Rod Bernard #1 6) THIS SHOULD GO ON FOREVER - ROD BERNARD (1959) (45 Hit Version) Rod Bernard #2 7) THIS SHOULD GO ON FOREVER - ROD BERNARD (1959) (American Bandstand Version) (Long Intro "Swamp Pop") 8) MATHILDA - COOKIE AND THE CUPCAKES (1958) 9) SEA OF LOVE - PHIL PHILLIPS & THE TWILIGHTS (1959) 10) RAINING IN MY HEART - SLIM HARPO (1961) 11) NOT SO LONG AGO - THE UNIQUES (1965) 12) GOT YOU ON MY MIND - COOKIE AND THE CUPCAKES (1963) 13) I'M LEAVIN' IT ALL UP TO YOU - DALE AND GRACE (1963) 14) I'M A FOOL WHO CARES - JOE BARRY (1961) 15) THIS TIME - TROY SHONDELL (1961) 16) POOR ME - FATS DOMINO (Nov. 1955) 17) STOP! AND THINK IT OVER - DALE AND GRACE (1964) ------------------------------------------------------------- (More Swamp Rock Hits) 18) BRAKIN' UP IS HARD TO DO - JIVIN' GENE & THE JOKERS (1959) 19) ON BENDED KNEE - BOBBY CHARLES (1955) Considered "FIRST" Swamp Pop Song 20) JUST A DREAM - JIMMY CLANTON (1958) 21) SEND ME SOME LOVIN' -LITTLE RICHARD (1957) ------------------------------------------------------------- (Lesser Known Swamp Songs..and the great JIN RECORDS label) 22) COLINDA - ROD BERNARD (1963) 23) OH YES, MY DARLING - AL CHASE & THE MIDNIGHTERS (1959) JIN RECORDS 24) AS MY TEARS FALL - GLENN WELLS (1961) (Uptempo Version) JIN RECORDS
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== ROCKIN' DADDY O'S ROCKABILLY RANCH PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4606
The Rockin' Daddy O's rockabilly ranch Party is back this week with more rockabilly of yesterday and today, With the high energy delivery that only Daddy O can bring! Here is the playlist of this week's show.
1. Run Chicken Run-Link Wray & Raymen 2. Miss Bobby Sox-Benny Joy 3. Baby Baby-Mike Waggoner & Bops 4. You Shake Me-Stompin' Riff Raffs 5. If You Want My Love-Bobby Lawson 6. Wizard Of Wax-Mean Devils 7. Teenage Bug-Dwight Pullen 8. Round & Round-Andy Star 9. One Cup Of Coffee-Glenn Glen 10. Bertha Lou-Johnny Faire 11. Baby, It's Too Much-Bobby Wall 12. Don't Stop-Jittery Jack 13. Honky Tonk Gal-Sean Mencher 14. Hit Git & Split-Sean Mencher 15. For Your Love-Delta Bombers 16. Savage-Dusty Chance & All Nighters 17. Memphis-Bo Diddley 18. Rock It On Down To My Place-Miss Mary Ann & Ragtime Wranglers 19. Dance To The Bop-Gene Vincent & Blue Caps 20. Gee Whiz, Liz-Charles Senns 21. I'm Ready-Hank & Eddie Cochran 22. Johnny Valentine-Andy Anderson 23. My Babe-Dale Hawkins 24. Showdown-Tony Casanova 25. I'm All Right-Bo Diddley
Thank you Daddy O for another great set of Doo Wops in the Atomic Doo Wop Dance Party show. Next week we will be airing his Rockabilly show. In the mean time if you would like to write to Daddy O you can by e mailing him at: Daddyo@rockitradio.net
============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4607 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Lookin' for My Baby-The Earls (1961) 3. Ding Dong-The Echoes (1956) 4. Summer's Love-Richard Barrett & The Chantels (1959) 5. You Can't Judge a Book by its Cover-Bo Diddley (1961) 6. Stars in the Sky-The Channels (1956) 7. Evening Shadows Falling-The Seniors (1957) 8. Please Believe Me-The Elegants (1958) 9. Lonely Winds-The Drifters (1960) 10. Honey Babe-The Solitaires (1963)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. Paralyzed-The Legendary Stardust Cowboy (xxxx) 12. Toy Bell-The Bees (mid 1950s)
SCRATCHY 45 RPMs SEGMENT: 13. Let it Be-Godfrey Daniel (1972) 14. Possibility-The Crowns (1964) 15. Don't Run Away-Nino & The Ebbtides (1961) 16. Tell Him-The Drew-vels (1963)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Boss Guitar-Duane Eddy & The Rebelettes (1963) 18. Come On Home-The Raindrops (circa 1959) 19. Go Back Where You Came From-The Summits (1961) 20. I Ain't Got No Steady Date-Jo Ann Campbell (late 1950s)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. My Heart-The Teardrops (mid 1950s) 22. If You Love Me-The Blue Notes (1956) 23. Lost Love-The Superiors (xxxx) 24. Need Your Love-The Metallics (xxxx) 25. I'm Sorry You're Gone-The Channels (1973) 26. I believe (live in concert)-The Earls (circa 1969/'70)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amatuer doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: email@example.com
=============================================== RARE DOO WOP - AL 'COOL DADDY' SMITH WITH A TRIBUTE TO THE VELVETS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4608
The Velvets are a little known Doo Wop Group from Texas. They were far better then many of the groups that existed at the time but for reasons that are outlined throughout the show they never quite made the 'big time'. Sophisticated and stylish in sound, their recordings on Monument were replete with some of the greatest session musicians of the day including Floyd Cramer and Boots Randolph. As well, their mentor was Roy Orbison who along with his co writer Joe Melson wrote many tunes for the group to record.
The play list is as follows:
1. Baby The Magic Is Gone-The Velvets 1966 2. Let The Fool Kiss You-The Velvets 1966 3. Dawn-The Velvets 1963 4. Crying In The Chapel-The Velvets 1963 5. That Lucky Old Sun-The Velvets 1961 6. Time And Again-The Velvets 1961 7. Lana-The Velvets 1961 8. Tonight(Could Be The Night)-The Velvets 1961 9. Spring Fever-The Velvets 1961 10. Nightmare-The Velvets 1964 11. Bird Dog-The Velvets ( sometime between 1961 and 1966 but not released until 1996) 12. My Love-The Velvets...as above 13. That's Out Of My Line-The Velvets as above 14. Laugh-The Velvets 1961 15. Poisoned Love-The Velvets ( sometime between 1961 and 1966 but not released until 1996) 16. I Can Feel It-The Velvets as above 17. Let The Good Times Roll-The Velvets as above 18. Be Evermine-The Velvets as above 19. The Lights Go On, The Lights Go Off-The Velvets 1962 20. Here Comes That Song Again-The Velvets (sometime between 1961 and 1966 not released until 1996) 21. Almost But Not Quite-The Velvets as above 22. You Done Be Bad-The Velvets as above 23. Kiss Me-The Velvets as above 24. The Love Express-The Velvets 1962 25. If-The Velvets 1964 26. Don't Let Him Take My baby-The Velvets 1962
Another great series of a R&B great Al! and we look forward to hearing them. If you have any requests or comments for The Cool Daddy up there in Studio C. You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== MIKE TAYLOR'S ROCKABILLY HOUR - FEATURING ROCKABILLY LEGENDS FROM 1956 ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4609
From his studios in Branson, Missouri USA and one of our long time veteran DJ's it's Mike Taylor as he looks at Rockabilly from 1956 in this show. "Rockabilly Legends--1956" Looking back to where it all started with the great artists and songs from the first wave of rockabilly...in many cases their first commercial release... the year that saw the real emergence of rockabilly as a distinct sound separate from mainstream Rock and Roll.
1. You Went Out With Rock And Roll - Waylon Jennings 1987 2. Love Me - Buddy Holly Jan 1956 3. Crazy Arms - Jerry Lee Lewis Dec 1956 4. Rock With Me Baby - Billy Lee Riley Sep 1956 5. Rock And Roll Ruby - Warren Smith Apr 1956 6. Tear It Up - Johnny Burnette & The R&R Trio May 1956 7. You're Undecided - Johnny Burnette & The R&R Trio May 1956 8. Pretty Bad Blues - Ronnie Self Jun 1956 9. If You Can't Rock Me - The Strikes Oct 1956 10. Why Did You Have To Go And Leave Me - Marvin Rainwater Aug 1956 11. Three Alley Cats - Roy Hall Apr 1956 12. Behave, Be Quiet Or Begone - Roy Duke Apr 1956 13. Crazy Crazy Lovin' - Johnny Carroll Aug 1956 14. Beautiful Baby - Bobby Lord Mar 1956 15. Hang Loose - Tommy Spurlin Agu 1956 16. No No Baby - Al Ferrier With The Boppin' Billies Apr 1956 17. The Rockaway Rock - The Collins Kids May 1956 18. Baby Loves Him - Wanda Jackson Sep 1956 19. Let's Elope Baby - Janis Martin Dec 1956 20. Good Rockin' Baby - Sid King & The Five Strings Oct 1956 21. Boppin' The Blues - Carl Perkins Jun 1956 22. Skinny Jim - Eddie Cochran Jul 1956 23. If I Had Me A Woman - Mac Curtis May 1956 24. One Hand Loose - Charlie Feathers With Jody & Jerry Dec 1956
Do you have a Rockabilly favorite you would like to hear on Mike's show? Or a question or just to say hello? You can reach him by e mail at: email@example.com
============================================== TED LOUKES AND THE ROCKABILLY RHYTHM SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4610.
From his studios way down there in South Africa! Comes the Rockabilly Rhythm show filled with more great rockin' favorites! Come on in and tune in - you will be rockin' in no time! Here is the playlist. A line up of some well known known and some not so well known rockin' cats from the heyday of the Rockabilly era. Many of these sides didn't make it past the acetate stage and were never officially released at the time.
01. Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie -- Bill Haley & His Comets 1955 02. That Don't Move Me -- Carl Perkins 1956 03. Oh Baby Babe -- Johnny Burnette & The Rock'n' Roll Trio 1956 04. Down Bound Train -- Chuck Berry 1955 05. Rockin' With My Baby -- Malcolm Yelvington 1956 06. Midnight Shift -- Buddy Holly 1958 07. Mister Whiz -- Jerry Reed 1956 08. Hop, Skip and Jump -- The Collins Kids 1957 09. Granpaw's a Cat -- Jimmy Murphy 1956 10. Rock To The Moon -- Gale Davis 1962 11. I'm A Real Glad Daddy -- Curtis Potter 1957 12. Rockin' The Blues -- Bobby Hicks ? 13. Rock Jump Boogie -- Johnny Skiles ? 14. Crazy Legs -- Gene Vincent & His Blue Caps 1957 15. Headin' for the High School Hop -- Curtis Johnson 1958 16. Is That All to the Ball Mr Hall-- Billy Lee Riley 1958 17. Double Talk Baby -- Conway Twitty 1958 18. Rockin' The Boat -- Ruth Swager ? 19. Hey Baby Lets Go Downtown -- The York Brothers ? 20. One And Only -- Eddie Fontaine 1957 21. Come Back, Baby -- Joe, Ron And George ? 22. Do The Bop Bop Bop -- Maynard Horlick ? 23. Move On Down The Track -- Floyd Fletcher 1969 24. Teenage Hangout -- Tooter Boatman ? 25. Lookie Lookie Lookie -- Derrell Felts 1959 26. The Joint's Really Jumpin' -- Jimmy Evans 1962 27. Riverside Jump -- Jackie Lee Cochran 1956 28. Rock A Billy Boy - Aubrey Cagle ? 29. Get It Off Your Mind -- Kenny Parchman 1958 30. Tom Dooley Rock n Roll -- Curtis Hobock & the Stardusters 1959 31. Warrior Sam -- Don Willis 1958
Thanks Ted for another Rockabilly Rocker on Rock-it Radio! If you would like to contact Ted with future requests, comments or a friendly hello you can reach him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL: 15TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4589
It's time for the annual East/West Showdown on Rock-it Radio. For the 15th consecutive year, Bill Green (from Rock & Roll Retrospective) and Lane Quigley (from The Memory Lane Show) join forces to do battle to determine which coast reigns supreme. In past years, the West has seven wins, the East has notched six victories, and there was one draw. You get to decide this year's outcome -- and when you vote, you will become eligible for prizes courtesy of Bennie Dingo and the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad.
If you're new to the Showdown, here is how it works. As you listen to this entertaining two-hour program, write down round-by-round your favorite song. At the end, you will then send in your vote. It's that simple. You can copy-and-paste the playlist below and use it for your ballot.
ballot received will be placed into a drawing, and at the end of the
month five lucky winners will be selected to win prizes from the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad.
The show will air throughout the entire month of July, and the polls will close at 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 31. Don't forget to email your votes before the deadline. Lane
and Bill see every ballot, and they always enjoy your comments on the
show, including your reasons for voting for the songs. Listen,
enjoy, send in your ballot to Vote@RockitRadio.net and good luck!!
ROUND 1: BI-COASTAL [ ] WEST: Dirty Water - The Standells 1966 [ ] EAST: California Nights - Lesley Gore 1967
ROUND 2: SECOND TIME AROUND [ ] WEST: You Cheated - The Shields 1958 [ ] EAST: Dedicated To The One I Love - The Shirelles 1959/61
ROUND 3: I'VE HEARD THAT LICK BEFORE [ ] WEST: The Fool - Sanford Clark 1956 [ ] EAST: Down In The Boondocks - Billy Joe Royal 1965
ROUND 4: ISN'T THAT STRANGE? [ ] WEST: Strange Love - The Native Boys 1956 [ ] EAST: Strange Feeling - Billy Steward 1963
ROUND 5: DIGGIN' THE SAX MAN [ ] WEST: Riot In Cell Block #9 - The Robins (Gil Bernal) 1954 [ ] EAST: Charlie Brown - The Coasters (King Curtis) 1959
ROUND 6: BACKING TRACKS? [ ] WEST: Where Lovers Go - The Jaguars 1964 [ ] EAST: Do Do Do Bah Ah - Bert Keyes 1965
ROUND 7: SAME DAY, DIFFERENT COAST [ ] WEST: If a Man Answers - Bobby Darin 1962 [ ] EAST: Friendly Loans - The Marcels 1962
ROUND 8: WHO'S ON THAT RECORD? [ ] WEST: Desire - The Trophies 1962 [ ] EAST: Need You - Johnny Jack 1962
ROUND 9: THE HOTTEST NIGHT CLUB IN TOWN [ ] WEST: Seventh Son - Johnny Rivers 1965 [ ] EAST: Shout - Joey Dee & The Starlighters 1962
ROUND 10: IT'S A CRIME [ ] WEST: Uh Oh I'm Falling In Love Again - Jimmie Rodgers 1958 [ ] EAST: I'm So Lonely (What Will I Do)? - Shane Sheppard 1960
ROUND 11: GEORGIA (GIBBS) ON MY MIND [ ] WEST: Roll With Me Henry - Etta James 1955 [ ] EAST: Tweedle Dee - Lavern Baker 1955
ROUND 12: ONE HIT WONDERS [ ] WEST: Love You Son - Ron Holden & The Thunderbirds 1960 [ ] EAST: Let Me Go, Lover - Joan Weber 1955
So just cut and paste this ballot with your vote and send it off to the vote counters of Rock-it Radio at: email@example.com and have a chance to win some great prizes. And what a great milestone and hard to believe it has been 15 years since the first East vs. West Battle!
15th ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST BATTLE TO AIR IN JULY - YOUR CHANCE TO WIN PRIZES! It's that time of year again starting July 1st. Prizes will be drawn! To those that send in their votes and copy and paste the above ballot in this newsletter under Rock-it Radio show #4589. At the end of July -- Lane and Bill will randomly draw 5 winners to those that had voted. And will relay the e mail addresses to Rock-it Radio main studio here. The following winners will be announced in the Listener's club newsletter and here are the prizes and contacted via E mail.
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 5 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it
Store. And a vintage Radio show of their choice from the Rock-it Radio
Lauching Pad Store.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show. And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast.
results of the tallying of you the Rock-it Radio Listener's that vote
will be posted in the Rock-it Radio newsletter in the first week of
August. If you are not a member of the Rock-it Radio Listener's club and
would like to join ... just go to our main webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net And
click to the banner towards the top of the page asking you to join.
It's free and we don't give out your e mail address and we don't
spam.... Happy Voting everyone! Here this the ballot and playlist below.
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
HE'S FINALLY ON FACEBOOK -- IT'S TRUE OUR PROGRAM MANAGER LANE QUIGLEY!!! We are happy to report that Lane Quigley host of the Memory Lane Show along with our program manager is now on Facebook. You can check out his page at: http://www.facebook.com/lane.quigley.75
MISSED A COUPLE OF NEWSLETTERS LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS??
THEN YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK OUR BLOG WHERE IT IS ARCHIVED. YOU CAN CHECK OUT OUR BLOG AT:
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from July 8, 2013 to July 15, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Gautiero -- Inverness, Florida USA David Balford -- ?? Al Fisher -- Jacksonville, Floriday USA Brent Bachman -- Adrian, Michigan USA Rene Valdez -- Guadalajara, Mexico
We have added 5 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,945 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
NEW ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week released a new webpage
on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast recordings. If you
would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
Or you can just go to our main webpage at Rock-it Radio http://www.rockitradio.net
and scroll down towards the middle of the webpage and you will find the
banner to go to. We have been using these coupons ourselves and work
perfectly well... simply clip the ones you want and when you're done ...
ask the computer to print and it will insert the bar code and
everything to legitimize the coupon -- Then go to your Grocer and Save!
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 7/7/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 2. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 3. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 4. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 5. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 6. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 7. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor Ontario Canada 7/22/1967 8. RIR #114 -- Alan Freed WABC New York 11/5/1959 9. RIR #624 -- Bob Green WKNR Detroit 3/30/1970 10. Rock-it Show #4561 -- Lane Quigley Class of 1963 Reunion show
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 203 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO.
1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. France +0 5. Germany +0 6. Italy +0 7. Australia +0 8. Philippines +0 9. Mexico +0 10. Netherlands +0 11. Brazil +0 12. Argentina +0 13. Japan +0 14. Spain +0 15. Indonesia +0 16. Russia +0 17. Sweden +0 18. Belgium +1 19. Switzerland -1 20. Finland +0 21. Saudi Arabia +0 22. Poland +1 23. India -1 24. Hungary +6 25. Greece -1 26. Ireland +1 27. Austria +4 28. Morocco -4 29. South Africa -1 30. Romania -1 31. Serbia -5 32. Norway +3 33. Singapore +8 34. Denmark -2 35. Malaysia -1 36. Czech Republic +10 37. Thailand +2 38. Peru +6 39. United Arab Emirates -3 40. Ukraine +3 41. Chile -6 42. Slovakia +3 43. Portugal -9 44. Bulgaria -4 45. New Zealand -10 46. Croatia +3 47. Colombia -11 48. China -5 49. Pakistan +6 50. Lithuania +2
============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO
1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Florida +1 4. Pennsylvania -1 5. Washington +0 6. New Jersey +0 7. Texas +0 8. Massachusetts +0 9. Maryland +0 10. Indiana +0 11. Illinois +1 12. Virginia +1 13. Ohio -2 14. Missouri +0 15. Oregon +2 16. Michigan -1 17. North Carolina -1 18. Kansas +1 19. Alabama -1 20. Tennessee +0 21. Georgia +1 22. Connecticut +2 23. Arizona -2 24. South Carolina +1 25. Iowa +8 26. Nebraska +4 27. Minnesota -2 28. Wisconsin -4 29. Colorado -8 30. Kentucky -3 31. Delaware -3 32. Nevada +0 33. Louisiana -2 34. Rhode Island +3 35. District of Columbia -2 36. Idaho +9 37. West Virginia -3 38. Mississippi -8 39. Hawaii +1 40. Arkansas -4 41. New Mexico +1 42. Oklahoma -1 43. New Hampshire -4 44. Maine +3 45. South Dakota +3 46. Utah -0 47. Montana -3 48. Wyoming -4 49. Vermont +0 50. Alaska +0 51. North Dakota +0
============================================ Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group Harmony Sites at Our Doo Wop Links Page.
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
Remember, if the show
that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the list of
radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows to have a
high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and memory. And
currently we can only afford the 25 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio. So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off
the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a show will at least last 16
to 20 days, once it is placed in the archives.
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
Want to join our
Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing on the
Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is really easy
to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!