As of February 21, 2012 the new blog for Rock-it Radio. http://www.rockitradio.net
Listing of and archiving the newsletter and playlists of our shows. Rock-it Radio has been online since 1995 and plays roots Americana rock and roll. Including Rockabilly and Doo Wop.
Monday, July 22, 2013
Rock-it Radio Newsletter for shows #4611 to #4621
Rock-it Radio since 1995 providing 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll, Doo Wop and Rockabilly music online! Come tune us in at http://www.rockitradio.net
We also have several 100 original radio shows from the first decade of Rock and Roll at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Well it's time to start a new week and hope everyone is having a fairly decent Monday. This past week we have succeeded in getting 11 new Rock-it Radio Shows online. Including a new pilot premiere show with Ken Strange hosting the Country Record Round Up Show with Traditional Country Music mostly of the 50s and 60s. Let us know what you think of that show. And if it has enough interest we will continue it. Also we have a special tribute this week to Bobby Blue Bland who passed earlier last month. And the usual great Doo Wop; Rockabilly; and 50s & 60s Rock.
Don't forget also this month the 15th Annual East Coast vs. West Coast oldies battle is going on in show #4589.
============================================ REMEMBER YOU CAN ORDER ANY OF THESE ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS ON CD!!!! NEW EASIER ORDERING!
Would you like one of these Rock-it Radio shows on CD? To be able to play anywhere? And help support Rock-it Radio at the same time. For complete information check out our program ordering webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
Our shows are of course copies straight from the studio so they are studio quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Or if you would rather receive an invoice let me know and we can e mail you a copy - Just e mail us the show(s) you would like to have and the Rock-it # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== All Rock-it Radio shows stay online from 18 to 24 days and are broadcast in MP3 Format. To tune in just click to the speaker at our program page at: http://www.rockitradio.net/programs.html
The newest show added replaces the oldest show so if you see a show near the bottom of the listing - you should listen as soon as possible.
LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4611 This week's Memory Lane Show features a marvelous variety of rock, r&b, doo wop, rockabilly, blues and pop from the Golden Age of Top 40 Radio. Host Lane Quigley also pauses to pay tribute to one of the greatest blues/r&b singers of all time, Bobby "Blue" Bland, who passed away on June 23. As always, Lane also includes some fascinating interview clips from his library of sound bites. You're gonna dig this show!
1. Bim Bam Boom - The El Dorados 1956 2. My Babe - Little Walter 1955 SOUND BITE 3. I'm Alright - Little Anthony & The Imperials 1959 4. Little Turtle Dove - Bobby Day 1958 5. I Need Your Lovinâ€™ - Conway Twitty 1957 6. High On a Hill - Scott English 1964 SOUND BITE 7. Flamingo Express - The Royaltones 1961 8. Billy Boy - The Teen Queens 1956 9. Farther Up The Road - Bobby 'Blue' Bland 1957 SOUND BITE 10. One Sided Love Affair - Elvis Presley 1956 11. We're Goin' Rockin' Tonight - Roy Brown c1956 12. How Can I Say Goodbye - Barbara Lewis 1964 SOUND BITES 13. Look At Me - Dobie Gray 1962 14. Lovin' Up a Storm - Jerry Lee Lewis 1959 15. You Tickle Me Baby - The Royal Jokers 1955 SOUND BITE 16. Enamorado - Keith Colley 1963 17. Little Girl Little Girl - The Du Droppers 1953 18. What Will I Tell My Heart - Fats Domino 1957 SOUND BITE 19. 'Cause I Love You - Rufus & Carla Thomas 1960 20. Old Time Love - The Rivingtons 1962 21. When a Boy Loves a Girl - The Vows 1963 SOUND BITE 22. Teardrdops On Your Letter - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters 1959 23. The Quiet Look - Thomas Wayne 1962 24. Why Don't You Write Me - The Feathers 1954
Thank you Lane for another great Flashback to Top 40 Radio! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to give Lane a friendly hello! You can reach him at: email@example.com
And he is also on Facebook now as well!
============================================== MATT THE CAT AND THE JUKE IN THE BACK SHOW WITH A TRIBUTE SHOW TO RUTH BROWN #1 IN ROCK-IT SHOW #4612
Ruth Brown Pt. 1 (1949-50)
Ruth Brown was Atlantic Records first big star. She was so successful, racking up 24 R&B hits for the fledging label, that Atlantic was often called the "house that Ruth built." This week, "Juke In The Back" begins a 3 part feature celebrating the music and influence of "Miss Rhythm." Part 1 will focus on Brown's beginnings with Atlantic. She came to the attention of co-founders Ahmet Ertegun and Herb Abramson in 1948, thanks to Voice of America DJ Willis Conover. They signed her up, but a terrible car accident sidelined the chanteuse for several months. By May, 1949, Brown was in the studio cutting her first single, which also turned out to be her first hit, the #4 smash, "So Long." Matt The Cat digs out an interview with the late Ertegun, explaining how Atlantic came to sign Ruth Brown. She may have hit pay dirt right out of the gate, but still they didn't know how to record her. Brown wanted to sing pop songs and standards and Ertegun and Abramson wanted her to sing in the Rhythm & Blues style. So there were quite a few missteps before Ruth Brown landed her next hit at the very end of 1950 with the #1 smash, "Teardrops From My Eyes." We'll dig on every single released by Ruth Brown from 1949-1950 on this week's "Juke In The Back."
1. Swanee River Boogie - Albert Ammons - Mercury 1947 2. Hey Pretty Baby - Ruth & Jimmy Brown - Unissued 1949 3. So Long - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1949 4. It's Raining - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1949 5. I'll Get Along Somehow - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1949 6. Rockin' Blues - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1949 7. Happiness Is A Thing Called Joe - Atlantic 1950 8. Love Me Baby - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1950 9. Why - Ruth Brown & The Delta Rhythm Boys- Atlantic 1950 10. (I'll Come Back) Someday - Ruth Brown & The Delta Rhythm Boys - Atlantic 1950 11. Sentimental Journey - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1950 12. I Can Dream, Can't I - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1950 13. GREAT 78 - Where Can I Go - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1950 14. Dear Little Boy Of Mine - Ruth Brown - Atlantic 1950 15. Am I Making The Same Mistake Again - Ruth Brown w/ Budd Johnson's Orch - Atlantic 1950 16. Teardrops From My Eyes - Ruth Brown w/ Budd Johnson's Orch - Atlantic 1950 17. After Hours - Erskine Hawkins - Bluebird 1946
Another GREAT show Matt and there will be more to come I am sure! If you have any requests or comments or would just like to send a hello to Matt the Cat. You can reach him at:
============================================== MIKE BOLLEA'S JUKEBOX PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4613!
Mike Bollea's Jukebox Party is just that -- A party of great oldies coming thru your speakers on your computer and it is definitely worth a listen. It's a mix of R&B, and 50s and early 60s Rock and Roll.
The Jukebox Party does not usually provide a playlist for their show but it does come in 2 parts.
============================================== JACK VAN OERS & THE ROCKIN' WINDMILL SHOW FROM THE NETHERLANDS ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4614
From the Netherlands here is another dynamic Rockin' Windmill Show. Jack van Oers brings you a selection of great songs. In this show we have music from the USA, Canada and Europe. The 8 European entries are from the UK, Sweden, the Netherlands and Norway. So, turn up the volume and enjoy the 50's style music.
1. Nothing shaking (but....) - Eddie Fontaine - 1958 2. Girl with the red dress on - Mike Cunningham & his Sparks - 1960 3. Serenade of the bells - Carl Mann - 1966 4. Rock your blues away - Hot Rockin' - 2001 5. I wonder - Jack Jersey - 1975 6. Sally Ann - Bobby Wayne & the Warriors - 1955 7. Our song - Tom & Jerry (Simon & Garfunkel) - 1958 8. Ladder of love - Gene Sisco - 1967 9. Tennessee Zip - Johnny & the Roccos - 1991 10. 56 V8 Ford - Marvin Jackson - 11. Ah poor little baby - Hayden Thompson - 1985? 12. Suntan tattoo - Sandy Vale & the Valiants - 1959 13. Sun tan tattoo - The Teen Cats - 1989 14. Don't you rock me daddy-o - Bill Sherell - 1957 15. Whole lotta lookin' - Jack Clement - 1959 16. Hootenanny Express - Canadian Sweethearts - 1964 17. Slippin' in - The Jets (UK) - 1985 18. Little red book - Benny Joy - 1958 19. High school love - Ronnie Allen - 1960 20. To old to rock - Simon Crashly & the Roadmasters - 2001 21. Big time mama - Jimmy Sysum & the Rocking Three - 195x 22. Teen age bug - Dwight Pullen - 1958 23. That's all right - Ray Smith - 1959 24. Just a little too much - Larry Lee & the Leesures - 1963 25. Sea of heartbreak - The Black Knights - 1990 26. Kon-tiki - The Shadows - 1961
Thanks Jack and another nice thing about your shows is that people from this side of the pond get to hear a new set of oldies that were not available here in the States. If you would like to write to Jack with requests or comments or would just like to say hello you can reach him at:
============================================== TREVOR HYLAND ROCK AND ROLL DANCE PARTY ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4615
Featuring rockabilly legend Don Woody. Don takes us on a tour of his musical legacy and the influence he had in the rockabilly revival in England that spread around the world. Gene Vincent's 11 th recording session for Capitol, session number 6100 at Capitol Tower Hollywood, Los Angeles on June 20th 1957 produced Dance To The Bop, is also in this show. And Johnny Farina of Santo & Johnny drops by to introduce his first two hits.
01. Don Woody chats about his early days & Brenda Lee. 02. Bigelow 6-200 - Brenda Lee 03. Jambalaya - Brenda Lee 04. Don Woody chats about his Mercury releases. 05. You're Barking Up The Wrong Tree - Don Woody 06. Bird Dog - Don Woody 07. Don Woody chats about his Arco recordings. 08. Red Blooded American Boy - Don Woody 09. Not I - Don Woody 10. Don Woody chats about his marriage. 11. A Lesson In Love - Don Woody 12. Don Woody chats about his part in The Rockabilly Revival. 13. Your'e Barking Up The Wrong Tree - Don Woody 14. Cast Iron Arm - Pee Wee Wilson 15. Don Woody chats about covers of his recordings. 16. Make Like A Rock & Roll - Don Woody 17. Morse Code - Don Woody
Gene Vincent Sessions 18. Time Will Bring You Everything - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 19. True To You - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 20. In My Dreams - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps 21. Dance To The Bop - Gene Vincent & The Blue Caps
22. I Still Love You Peggy Sue - Jerry Naylor
Paul Peek 23. Sweet Skinny - Paul Peek 24. I'm Not Your Fool Anymore - Paul Peek
Comedy Spot 25. Old Mo Williams - Paul Peek
Instrumental Spot - Santo & Johnny 26. Sleep Walk - Santo & Johnny 27. Tear Drop - Santo & Johnny
If you have any comments or g'days or just a friendly hello for Trevor. You can contact him at: Trevor@rockitradio.net
============================================== PILOT RADIO SHOW - COUNTRY RECORDS ROUND UP SHOW HOSTED BY KEN STRANGE ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4616
A few weeks ago Canadian Listener of Rock-it Radio Betty Smith - made a simple request, stating that she thought that Rock-it Radio would be that much more better and well rounded if we included a Traditional Country show of Country music of the 50s and 60s. We put it up to the DJ's and Ken Strange jumped right in. If this show gets enough likes and comments we will gladly make it a regular here on Rock-it Radio. So, either write to Rock-it Radio or Ken himself and let us know your opinion. Here is the playlist.
01. Intro - Medley 02. Will The Circle Be Unbroken - The Carter Family (35) Banner 03. Waiting For A Train - Jimmie Rogers (28) Victor 04. Hey Good Lookin' - Hank Williams Snr (51) MGM 05. Honky Tonkin' - Jimmy Swan (65) JB 06. Oklahoma Hills - Hank Thompson (61) Capitol 07. Make Up Your Mind - Kitty Wells (50) Decca 08. All Of The Monkey's Ain't In The Zoo - Tommy Collins (57) Capitol 09. Zeb's Mountain Boogie (instrumental) - Brad Bradley & His Tennesseans (45) Bullet 10. If You've Got The Money I've Got The Time - Lefty Frizzell (50) Columbia 11. I Wanna Play House With You - Eddy Arnold (51) RCA-Victor 12. A Satisfied Mind - Jean Shepard (55) Capitol 13. Slipping Around - Margret Whiting & Jimmy Wakely (49) Capitol 14. Blues Stay Away From Me - Merle Haggard (77) Capitol 15. Come On In And Make Yourself At Home - Patsy Cline (58) Decca 16. Big midnight Special - Stoney & Wilma Lee Cooper (59) Hickory 17. Why Baby Why - Red Souvine & Webb Pierce (56) Decca 18. Five Feet High And Rising - Johnny Cash (59) Columbia 19. Live Fast Love Hard Die Young - Faron Young (55) Capitol 20. Ten Thousand Drums - Carl Smith (59) Columbia 21. Set Him Free - Skeeter Davis (59) RCA 22. I'll Be A Batchelor 'Til I Die - Hank Williams Snr (47) MGM 23. Mississippi Cotton Pickin' Delta Town - Charlie Pride (74) RCA 24. My Wedding Ring - Jean Shepard (59) Capitol 25. Uncle Pen - Rose Maddox (62) Capitol 26. Orange Blossom Special (instrumental) - Benny Martin (63) Starday 27. Outro - Medley
============================================== MEL VENTURES & THE BACK IN TIME SHOW IN ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4617 - BUBBLEGUM POP FROM 1966 - 1971
We don't currently have a playlist for this show but it features the Bubble gum hits from 1966 - 1971
If you would like to write to Mel with comments, requests or just to say hello to his studios up there in Fresno, California you can at: Mel@rockitradio.net
============================================== DAVE THE RAVE AND THE RELICS AND RARITIES SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #4618
Dave is back this week with another great set of rarities you just don't hear on terrestrial radio anymore. And rarely when it was new! See if any of these songs might jar a happy memory or two!
1. Hard Times (The Slop) - Dave Bartholomew 2. Here I Come - Joyce Alexander 3. If You Didn't Hear Me The First Time - Sandpebbles 4. I Wanna Meet You - Cryan Shames 5. I Don't Wanna Fuss - Sugar Pie DeSanto 6. I Don't Wanna Cry - Chuck Jackson 7. Get Straight - Unbelievable Uglies 8. It Might As Well Rain Until September - Bobby Vee 9. Andrea - Sunrays 10.Out Of My Mind - Surprise Package 11.Once Before - Barry & the Remains 12.Better Come Get Her - Triumphs 13.Life and Death in G&A - Abaco Dream 14.Down But Not Out - JJ Jackson 15.Kiss Me Baby - Stevie Wonder 16.Let Her Love Me - Otis Leaville 17.Hey Diddle Diddle - Five Emprees 18.I Need Somebody - ? & Mysterians 19.My Baby's Coming Home - Eddie Powers 20.Saturday's Father - Four Seasons
If you would like to welcome Dave or say hello or a future request on his show you can reach him at his Rock-it Radio e mail address at: Davetherave@rockitradio.net
============================================== TRIBUTE TO BOBBY BLUE BLAND PT. 1 WITH AL COOL DADDY SMITH ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4619
This show is part one of a two part tribute to a largely unknown (to the general public) but hugely talented and influential singer Bobby Blue Bland. He was one of soul music's greatest singers although calling him that limits the range of music that he incorporated into his singing style, which at various times across various recordings would fuse elements of r&b, pop,gospel and even country and western influences to produce his trade mark style. Beginning his career as a pale imitation of singers such as B.B. King he developed over his first decade the style for which he became noted for ; a supple, confidential soul and blues delivery. His arrival at this style is dealt with at length in this first show using selected recordings to illustrate this development. We lost Bobby Blue Bland on the 23rd. of June of this year. These shows will hopefully do some justice to one of the greatest singers many have never heard!! All songs performed by Bobby Blue Bland in this playlist The play list is as follows:
1. Farther On Up The Road- 1957 2. St. James Infirmary- 1961 3. That's The Way Love Is- 1963 4. Call On Me- 1963 5. Little Boy Blue- 1958 6. Rockin' In The same Boat- 1968 7. If You Could Read My Mind- 1965 8. I'm Too Far Gone To Turn Around- 1965 9. Stormy Monday Blues- 1962 10. Woke Up Screaming-1955 11. It's My Life Baby- 1955 12. I'll Take Care Of You- 1960 13. Poverty- 1966 14. Driftin' Blues- 1968 15. I Pity The Fool- 1961 16. Call On Me- 1963 17. Turn On Your Love Light- 1961 18. A'int Nothing You Can Do- 1964 19. I've Been Wrong So Long- 1959 20. Honey Child- 1967 21. Shoes- 1967
Another great series of a R&B great Al! and we look forward to hearing them. If you have any requests or comments for The Cool Daddy up there in Studio C. You can e mail him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== 60'S PIRATE RADIO REMEMBERED !!! In our Pirate Radio page dedicated to the golden age of offshore broadcasting. Come check it out at: http://www.rockitradio.net/pirate.html ============================================== PETE CHASTON DOO-WOP SHOW THIS WEEK LISTED AS SHOW #4620 ON ROCK-IT RADIO
Pete Chaston is back this week with more great doo wop of the 50s and the early 60s. Including the popular silly song segment. Here is the playlist of this show.
1. Doo-Wop All Night Long-The Blue Emotions (opening theme song) (1982) 2. Come On Baby-The Cordovans (1957) 3. The Beat of My Heart-The Cordells (xxxx) 4. Indian Girl-The Capris (1968 & '60-'61) 5. Long Tall Girl-The Carnations (xxxx) 6. Two People in the World-Dino & The Heartspinners (1972) 7. Do You Remember-The Castelles (1954) 8. School Rock-The Montagues (1958) 9. Crazy Bells-The Marcels (1961) 10. At the End of a Sunset-The Jaynells (1963)
SILLY SONG SEGMENT: 11. Neanderthal Man-Hotlegs (1970) 12. Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On the Bedpost Overnight)?-Lonnie Donegan & his Skiffle Group (1956)
BACK TO THE CDs &/or More 45 RPMs: 17. Coralee-The Hemlocks (1957) 18. Say, Bossman-Bo Diddley (xxxx) 19. Oh, What a Night-The Kac-Ties (xxxx) 20. Amazons and Coyotes-The Dreamlovers (1963)
SLOW SONG SEGMENT: 21. What Now-The Turks (xxxx) 22. Cherie-The Hide-A-Ways (xxxx) 23. Cruise to the Moon-The Chaperones (1960) 24. All Mine-Image (xxxx) 25. Priceless-The Hurricanes (1957) 26. Since I Met You Baby-Ivory Joe Hunter (1956) 27. Can't Help Loving That Girl of Mine-The Hide-A-Ways (1954)
28. (closing theme song) Adios-The Five Discs (1961)
Pete loves getting his e mail also and always glad to do a request or dedication of doo wop! Also, check out his offer for amatuer doo wop below this listing. You can reach Pete at: email@example.com
============================================== SEVERAL DOO WOP LINKS CAN BE FOUND IN OUR DOO WOP WEBPAGE HERE AT ROCK-IT RADIO
============================================== COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4621
Bobby B is back this week with another fantastic set of 50's and early
60's Doo Wop Rock and Roll Group Harmony on this week's Doo Wop Stop here on Rock-it Radio. Here is this week's playlist.
1. Rockin' with the clock -- Shirley and Lee (Opening theme song) 2. Denise -- Randy & The Rainbows 3. You're so fine -- The Falcons 4. So much in love -- The Tymes 5. The Lion sleeps tonight -- The Tokens 6. It's going to be alright -- The Decoys 7. Don't fall in love too soon -- The Preludes 8. Gonna make him my baby -- April Young 9. Forever in love with you -- Philly Cuzz 10. Devil or angel -- Bobby Vee 11. Devil or Angel -- The Clovers 12. Come go with me -- Del Vikings 13. Once upon a time -- Rochelle & The Candles 14. I can't believe -- Dino & The Diplomats 15. Cool Bobby B -- Kenny Vance & Planotones 16. Smoky Places -- The Corsairs 17. Streets of the Bronx -- Cool Change 18. A little bit of soap -- The Jarmels 19. You -- The Aquatones 20. Baby oh baby -- The Shells 21. Soon -- Four Seasons 22. In the still of the night -- Five Satins 23. Pizza Pie -- Norman Fox & Rob Roys 24. Laura my darling -- The Regents 25. Earth Angel -- The Penguins 26. Sunday kind of love -- The Harptones 27. Rama Lama Ding Dong -- The Edsels 28. Whispering bells -- Del Vikings 29. Three cool cats -- The Coasters 30. Goodbye to love -- The Marcels 31. Goodbye to love -- The Chantels 32. Be sure my love -- The Dubs 33. Bells of Rosa Rita -- The Admirations 34. This is my love -- The Passions 35. Morse code of love -- The Capris 36. Oh what a night -- The Dells 37. Sacred -- The Castelles 38. Never -- The Earls 39. Where or when -- Dion & The Belmonts 39 Great Doo Wop Tunes this week with the
Cool Bobby B Doo Wop Stop show here on Rock-it Radio. If you would like to send a request to Cool Bobby B or just to say hello - You can at: firstname.lastname@example.org
============================================== HISTORY OF ROCK-IT RADIO
If you are new to Rock-it Radio and would like to learn more -- We have our History Page up as well -- telling the story of Rock-it Radio. You can find it at:
SPECIAL: 15TH ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST OLDIES BATTLE ON ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #4589
It's time for the annual East/West Showdown on Rock-it Radio. For the 15th consecutive year, Bill Green (from Rock & Roll Retrospective) and Lane Quigley (from The Memory Lane Show) join forces to do battle to determine which coast reigns supreme. In past years, the West has seven wins, the East has notched six victories, and there was one draw. You get to decide this year's outcome -- and when you vote, you will become eligible for prizes courtesy of Bennie Dingo and the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad.
If you're new to the Showdown, here is how it works. As you listen to this entertaining two-hour program, write down round-by-round your favorite song. At the end, you will then send in your vote. It's that simple. You can copy-and-paste the playlist below and use it for your ballot.
ballot received will be placed into a drawing, and at the end of the
month five lucky winners will be selected to win prizes from the
Rock-it Radio Launching Pad.
The show will air throughout the entire month of July, and the polls will close at 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 31. Don't forget to email your votes before the deadline. Lane
and Bill see every ballot, and they always enjoy your comments on the
show, including your reasons for voting for the songs. Listen,
enjoy, send in your ballot to Vote@RockitRadio.net and good luck!!
ROUND 1: BI-COASTAL [ ] WEST: Dirty Water - The Standells 1966 [ ] EAST: California Nights - Lesley Gore 1967
ROUND 2: SECOND TIME AROUND [ ] WEST: You Cheated - The Shields 1958 [ ] EAST: Dedicated To The One I Love - The Shirelles 1959/61
ROUND 3: I'VE HEARD THAT LICK BEFORE [ ] WEST: The Fool - Sanford Clark 1956 [ ] EAST: Down In The Boondocks - Billy Joe Royal 1965
ROUND 4: ISN'T THAT STRANGE? [ ] WEST: Strange Love - The Native Boys 1956 [ ] EAST: Strange Feeling - Billy Steward 1963
ROUND 5: DIGGIN' THE SAX MAN [ ] WEST: Riot In Cell Block #9 - The Robins (Gil Bernal) 1954 [ ] EAST: Charlie Brown - The Coasters (King Curtis) 1959
ROUND 6: BACKING TRACKS? [ ] WEST: Where Lovers Go - The Jaguars 1964 [ ] EAST: Do Do Do Bah Ah - Bert Keyes 1965
ROUND 7: SAME DAY, DIFFERENT COAST [ ] WEST: If a Man Answers - Bobby Darin 1962 [ ] EAST: Friendly Loans - The Marcels 1962
ROUND 8: WHO'S ON THAT RECORD? [ ] WEST: Desire - The Trophies 1962 [ ] EAST: Need You - Johnny Jack 1962
ROUND 9: THE HOTTEST NIGHT CLUB IN TOWN [ ] WEST: Seventh Son - Johnny Rivers 1965 [ ] EAST: Shout - Joey Dee & The Starlighters 1962
ROUND 10: IT'S A CRIME [ ] WEST: Uh Oh I'm Falling In Love Again - Jimmie Rodgers 1958 [ ] EAST: I'm So Lonely (What Will I Do)? - Shane Sheppard 1960
ROUND 11: GEORGIA (GIBBS) ON MY MIND [ ] WEST: Roll With Me Henry - Etta James 1955 [ ] EAST: Tweedle Dee - Lavern Baker 1955
ROUND 12: ONE HIT WONDERS [ ] WEST: Love You So - Ron Holden & The Thunderbirds 1960 [ ] EAST: Let Me Go, Lover - Joan Weber 1955
So just cut and paste this ballot with your vote and send it off to the vote counters of Rock-it Radio at: email@example.com and have a chance to win some great prizes. And what a great milestone and hard to believe it has been 15 years since the first East vs. West Battle!
15th ANNUAL EAST COAST VS. WEST COAST BATTLE TO AIR IN JULY - YOUR CHANCE TO WIN PRIZES! It's that time of year again starting July 1st. Prizes will be drawn! To those that send in their votes and copy and paste the above ballot in this newsletter under Rock-it Radio show #4589. At the end of July -- Lane and Bill will randomly draw 5 winners to those that had voted. And will relay the e mail addresses to Rock-it Radio main studio here. The following winners will be announced in the Listener's club newsletter and here are the prizes and contacted via E mail.
1st Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 5 Vintage Radio Broadcasts from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
2nd Place: A CD Copy of the show; A Rock-it Radio T Shirt and there choice of 3 Vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it Store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html And a copy of this show on CD.
A CD Copy of the Show and a vintage Radio Broadcast from the Rock-it
Store. And a vintage Radio show of their choice from the Rock-it Radio
Lauching Pad Store.
4th & 5th Place: A CD Copy of the show. And a vintage Rock-it Radio broadcast.
results of the tallying of you the Rock-it Radio Listener's that vote
will be posted in the Rock-it Radio newsletter in the first week of
August. If you are not a member of the Rock-it Radio Listener's club and
would like to join ... just go to our main webpage at: http://www.rockitradio.net And
click to the banner towards the top of the page asking you to join.
It's free and we don't give out your e mail address and we don't
spam.... Happy Voting everyone! Here this the ballot and playlist below.
GIVE THE GIFT OF NOSTALGIA IN 2013
Nostalgic Rock and Roll and Country Radio shows for sale and remastered onto Compact Disc. Economically priced and 100s to choose from of the 1950's thru the 1970s. Local and Nation wide famous DJ's and stations. Hear how Radio was. Check out the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad store at: http://www.rockitradio.net/store.html
Rock-it Radio is Publicly supported. And we rely on our listener's to keep us going. But for your donation we offer you a vintage radio broadcast or a Rock-it Radio show like we offer in our Online store.
FINDING US ON THE TUNE IN RADIO CELL PHONE APP.
We have had a few requests from listeners that they couldn't
find us on the popular 'Tune in Radio' App. on Android and
PC and iphones. Running a search of 'Rock-it Radio' will actually
list 100s of Rock stations. So, the best way to find us on this
very thorough and extensive app. that I love using myself is -
run a search on 'rockabilly' - there you will easily find
They are $16 each plus shipping. And 100% Rockin' Cotton!
Special thanks to Rock-it Radio Promoter Princess Cruz
who modeled for our T Shirts.
ROCK-IT RADIO EBAY STORE CUTS STARTING BIDS All
auction items in the Rock-it Radio Ebay store used to have a starting
bid of $9.50 in there auction vintage broadcasts in Ebay. We have cut
that amount now you can get vintage radio broadcasts in our Ebay site
for as low as $9.00 starting bid.
============================================= LET US HELP YOU TUNE IN THE WORLD OF RADIO ONLINE. We
have a list of directories that list 1000s of radio stations around the
world to help you discover the world of internet radio. Come on in and
check it out at:
============================================ IF YOU HAVE TWITTER COME FOLLOW US THERE
If you are one that tweets then please check out and join and get our updates on your twitter account. Our Twitter link is right below.
A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that joined our Listeners Club from July 16, 2013 to July 22, 2013.. We
hope that you enjoy the music Rock-it Radio provides and our playlists
and information that our weekly newsletter provides. Any comments,
criticisms, kudos, compliments or future ideas is always welcome and you
can e mail me personally at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roy Tampkins -- Hastings, United Kingdom Suzan Simard -- Quebec City, Quebec Canada Colleen Tenniswood -- Gosport, United Kingdom Prosthetic Angel -- ?? Joe Schooler -- Houston, Texas USA
We have added 5 new members to the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club since our last newsletter. We now have 69,950 exactly that have joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners club.
hope that you enjoy the rare 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial oldies radio stations have
forgotten) that we are able to play for you from Rock-it Radio.
Remember, we are here for you!
if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and suggestions we
always love to hear from our listeners. Our e mail address is: email@example.com
SEVEN LATEST NEW RELEASES IN THE ROCK-IT
RADIO LAUNCHING PAD
Nine new releases this week in the Rock-it Radio Launching Pad. They are RIR #627 to #633. And here are the descriptions.
Purchases of these rare rock radio broadcasts help keep Rock-it
Radio Online and broadcasting the oldies you just don't hear on
the radio anymore!
big thank you to all those that purchase these broadcasts as it is our
main source of income to keep Rock-it Radio on the Air! And another
hearty thank you to all the Rock-it Radio DJ's that have been helping
out in this project of getting more playlists out so that these shows
can be released.
Even if you are not a member of Ebay you can still purchase these items online.
And then you can read the description by clicking to the title of each show available.
Then going back and if it's something you might like -- Just click to the add to
All the vintage shows we offer usually ship within 24 hours of receiving your order.
we ask if you can please help support Rock-it Radio. The Rock-it Radio
Launching Pad store provides the funds to pay all those copyright fees,
internet bandwidth etc. that it takes to run Rock-it Radio. And these
vintage broadcasts do make wonderful nostalgic gifts as well.
With these broadcasts you actually hear it as it was broadcast on that date.
With Great DJ personalities!, Actual vintage Ads and of course the songs as well.
as they are uncut and unedited.
you go to the Rock-it Store and click to each broadcast it will show
you the playlist of each broadcast. 100% of all purchases of the Rock-it
Launching Pad goes back to Rock-it Radio to help keeping the music
alive and pay the bills that we must pay to continue broadcasting. And
their is more rare radio broadcasts that are unedited in the
HOW TO ORDER OLD ROCK-IT RADIO SHOWS = YOUR PURCHASES HELP US STAY ONLINE!!!
We have received many
inquiries on how to order Rock-it Radio shows that are no longer in our
on archives webpage. These shows are still available on CD and mailed
to you within 24 hours of receiving payment. To help search for older
shows that you may be looking for you may want to check the Rock-it
Radio blog site. Old newsletters describing the shows and playlists are archived there and there is a menu bar on the right side that breaks down every playlist by month. This website is: http://rock-itradio.blogspot.com
Then you may either pay
by check or money order or paypal. Rock-it Radio shows are only $9.50
U.S. each and are studio quality broadcasts that were placed on Compact
Disc here at the Rock-it Radio Studio. We have a flat rate shipping
charge of $1.50 U.S. so if you order one or several -- it is still only
$1.50 U.S. shipping. And we ship worldwide, overseas orders are
mailed out first class airmail. Instructions where to send payment is
at our webpage: http://www.rockitradio.net/order.html
When you order a Rock-it
Radio show or shop at our Rock-it Radio Launching Pad you help keep
these oldies alive and help us pay the bills here at Rock-it Radio. And
at the same time -- you are not getting nothing for your donation, but
actually some of the shows and memories we hope we keep alive here at
ROCK-IT RADIO IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!
Come join the Rock-it Radio Facebook Fansite. Where you can join and register and enter the discussion board, meet other Rock-it Radio Listener's and even help us grow and enter even more postings from Rock-it Radio. If you would like to join the Rock-it Radio Facebook fansite you can by going to: http://www.facebook.com/Rockitface
There you will also find links and facebook sites of the other Rock-it Radio DJ's as well.
ROCK-IT RADIO DJ'S NOW ON FACEBOOK
This past month several Rock-it Radio DJ's have started their own Facebook webpage. Here is a few links in case you want to befriend them on Facebook.
ROCK-IT RADIO WEBPAGE DEDICATED TO COLLECTING AIRCHECKS
Rock-it Radio this past week
released a new webpage on collecting airchecks or actual radio broadcast
recordings. If you would like to check it out the website address is: http://www.rockitradio.net/aircheck.html
============================================= TOP 10 SELLERS OF THE ROCK-IT RADIO LAUNCHING PAD THIS WEEK Week ending 7/22/2013
you know the Rock-it Radio Store sells vintage Radio Broadcasts - Where
you hear the actual music, news and vintage advertisements - uncut and
unedited just like you would of heard it back then. Here are the top
sellers this week.
1. RIR #606 -- Vol. #1 thru #38 History of Rock and Roll 2. RIR #594 -- Kid Leo - Denny Sanders WMMS Cleveland 6/30/1978 3. RIR #567 -- Paul & Linda McCartney interview over Capital Radio London 1973 4. RIR #181 -- Wolfman Jack XERB Rosarito Mexico 12/8/1967 5. RIR #393 -- John Lennon as Guest DJ WNEW New York 1972. 6. RIR #495 -- John R (Richbourg) WLAC Nashville Tn. 1967 7. RIR #278 -- Hy Lit WIBG Philadelphia 6/15/1967 8. RIR #114 -- Alan Freed WABC New York 11/5/1959 9. RIR #622 -- Johnny Morgan CKLW Windsor Ontario Canada 7/22/1967 10. RIR #624 -- Bob Green WKNR Detroit 3/30/1970
If you would like to view these shows in depth you can check out our Rock-it Radio Ebay Store at:
in the upper left hand corner - there is a search box where you can
type in the DJ name or Station Call letters and that information on that
show will pop up. Ordering from the Ebay store will also qualify you for the Rock-it Radio giveaway
mentioned previously in this newsletter. Sale of these broadcasts is
what keeps Rock-it Radio going and thank you again to everyone that buys
=============================================== TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. WEEK ENDING 7/22/2013
are always amazed at the World Wide Web and the 206 Countries that tune
us in every month online. Here are the top 50 Countries so far this
month.+ or - shows up or down how many positions from the previous week.
TOP 50 NATIONS THAT ARE TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO. 1. United States +0 2. United Kingdom +0 3. Canada +0 4. France +0 5. Germany +0 6. Italy +0 7. Australia +0 8. Philippines +0 9. Mexico +0 10. Netherlands +0 11. Argentina +0 12. Brazil +0 13. Japan +0 14. Spain +0 15. Russia +1 16. Indonesia -1 17. Sweden +0 18. Belgium +0 19. Finland +1 20. Switzerland -1 21. Saudi Arabia +0 22. Hungary +2 23. India +0 24. Poland -2 25. Serbia +6 26. Morocco +2 27. Singapore +6 28. Romania +2 29. Czech Republic +7 30. Greece -6 31. Ukraine +9 32. Ireland -7 33. Norway -1 34. Malaysia +1 35. Austria -8 36. United Arab Emirates +3 37. Thailand +0 38. Denmark -10 39. Peru -5 40. South Africa -8 41. Portugal +2 42. Bulgaria +2 43. Slovakia -9 44. New Zealand +1 45. Colombia +2 46. Chile -8 47. Israel +6 48. China +0 49. Pakistan +6 50. Taiwan +9 ============================================= U.S. STATES RANKINGS TUNING INTO ROCK-IT RADIO 1. California +0 2. New York +0 3. Florida +0 4. Pennsylvania +0 5. New Jersey +1 6. Washington -1 7. Texas +0 8. Maryland +1 9. Massachusetts -1 10. Illinois +1 11. Virginia +1 12. Indiana -2 13. Missouri +1 14. Michigan +2 15. Oregon +0 16. Ohio -3 17. North Carolina +0 18. Kansas +0 19. Alabama +0 20. Tennessee +0 21. Connecticut +1 22. Arizona +1 23. Colorado +6 24. Georgia -4 25. South Carolina -1 26. Iowa -1 27. Louisiana +6 28. Kentucky +3 29. Wisconsin -4 30. Nevada +2 31. Delaware +0 32. Idaho +4 33. Nebraska -8 34. Rhode Island +0 35. West Virginia +2 36. Utah +10 37. Minnesota -5 38. District of Columbia -4 39. Hawaii +0 40. Oklahoma +2 41. Mississippi -1 42. Arkansas -1 43. New Hampshire +0 44. New Mexico -4 45. Wyoming +3 46. Maine -1 47. Vermont +2 48. South Dakota -1 49. Montana -2 50. Alaska +0 51. North Dakota +0
Rockabilly bands looking for airplay
If you or know someone that would like airplay on Rock-it Radio we invite you to submit your press kits to Rock-it Radio. Our website for further information is: http://www.rockitradio.net/airplay.html
============================================ Latest openings at Rock-it Radio.
============================================ Rock-it Radio Program Webpage Reminder
if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the bottom of the
list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These shows
to have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And currently we can only afford the 30 latest
shows online here at Rock-it Radio. So, when a new show is put online
it knocks the oldest one off the Rock-it Radio archives page. Usually a
show will at least last 16 to 20 days, once it is placed in the
============================================ Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club
to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are playing
on the Rock-it. If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at: http://www.rockitradio.net and
click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing list"
at the top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address
and you are in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on
our latest shows.
============================================ OUR SISTER STATION FIRST NATIONS BROADCASTING.
We invite you to also check out our sister station -- First Nations Broadcasting. And tune into the rather Cool North of the Yukon and Alaska with our very own Debbie Snowdove!